View Full Version : What would you do if...

April 22nd, 2010, 9:15 PM
...You were asked by Bill Gates to not use any of his money while he was gone away someplace for a year, no matter what? Even if you had no money or home or food whatsoever?(Bill Gates has like 1 Billion dollars or more)

Sounds crazy, I know, but just seems interesting to me. Asked this question to a few people and had a lot of answers.

Me, I wouldn't spend it. I was taught to never go against something some one asked me, unless it was to help them, like if they were mentally deranged. Which is why I have many secrets that I never told to anyone, even the person who told me forgot about it.

April 22nd, 2010, 9:17 PM
Why would you use his money anyway? This question confuses me. :( And where did he even go? o_o

April 23rd, 2010, 6:44 AM
So you have so much money, and it belongs to somebody else. Would you spend it, even if they said not to?

I'd probably call him up and ask for permission once or twice, once I found something to buy, but then I'd leave it alone.

April 23rd, 2010, 7:22 AM
I wouldn't spend it...but I would wish he'd never even asked me not to, because I wouldn't have thought about it, or be tempted by it. XD

April 23rd, 2010, 7:30 AM
I'd want to spend it. I might dip in a tiny bit, if I thought he wouldn't notice. Or I'd ask him if I could.

April 23rd, 2010, 8:40 AM
inb4 someone says gates doesn't keep his 1bil in cash

I wouldn't take any, though I'd for sure ask him about payment for guarding his stuff... Morally I believe he has too much money and that I should take it, but of course I am able to decide what would go well in real life and what wouldn't, and stealing it all wouldn't.

April 23rd, 2010, 8:52 AM
I'd stick it somewhere in a safe, and ask for payment when he came back. No sense in stealing any, if you're perfectly honest, you'll likely be paid anyway. xD

April 23rd, 2010, 8:53 AM
Hey! You! Random 16 year old! Here's 1 billion dollars....but don't spend it, see you in a year KTHXBAI

April 23rd, 2010, 9:30 AM
I wouldn't spend it. That'd be disrespectful. You tell someone you'll do or not do something, and you keep by it. Honesty and respect are values I hold close :<

Noah Ridgewood
April 23rd, 2010, 11:03 AM
I'd shred all of his money and burn his house to the ground. That or I'd invest it all on Apple products. Tough choice for me!

Now, Steve Jobs on the other hand...