PDA

View Full Version : Four day weekend

Forever
April 22nd, 2010, 10:44 PM
What's the longest "weekend" you've had? Due to specific holidays, etc. However, school/education/work related holidays don't count, unless it's like, you get one of the days off that you wouldn't usually... Um, yeah, you get what I mean. XD;

But yeah, there's a 4 day weekend for me, because I don't have uni on Friday, however, usually I have to attend on a monday, but I get that off due to the ANZAC day holiday, so yays.

Esper
April 23rd, 2010, 03:03 PM
So the five day weekend most Americans schools give for Thanksgiving doesn't count? I don't think anything comes close to that. Not if you still want to count it as a weekend.

Yusshin
April 23rd, 2010, 04:03 PM
Hmmmm...

Well, I know a 4-day'er. June 24th is a Thursday and it's Saint Jean le Baptiste Day. Everyone gets that day off; June 25th is my fiance's birthday, and we generally take that day off, too. Then there's Saturday & Sunday which are just weekend-holidays anyway :< because usually, we get weekends off, especially when we were at school.

>> so I capped at four days.

Mattysaurus
April 23rd, 2010, 04:31 PM
The longest I've had was a five day weekend. It was because of a heavy rain.

The funnest weekend ever. We danced in the rain. ^^;

Yusshin
April 23rd, 2010, 04:32 PM
The longest I've had was a five day weekend. It was because of a heavy rain.

The funnest weekend ever. We danced in the rain. ^^;

Ehhh environmental factors count?

In that case, I had a six-day weekend from a blizzard that hit in 2008. That was epic. Over 2' of snow in one night, then a crapload of freezing rain and more snow the following days. We had an entire week off of school almost >> Tuesday-Sunday.