PDA

View Full Version : Winter is here, what fun snow activities do you like?

Zapchu
November 2nd, 2004, 11:43 PM
Some of you may have never experienced snow before, but for those who do, what do you usually do around the winter time? Ski or snowboard or just sled? Sometimes snowball fights are fun as well, but it is harder to mold the snow than it seems.

I usually go snowboarding in the Seirra Nevadas on the California side of the mountain though. >_>; The Nevada side is more difficult. I already know how to ski fairly well, so I'm trying out snowboarding. Zappy is prepared to eat some snow and be covered by it.

EVA-01
November 3rd, 2004, 02:18 AM
well this 1 time on a skool excursion we went 2 da snow and i saw a scabby chick in my class patting a snow man so i kicked its head off and it was really owned but a 4yr old girl n her mother chucked a skitz :\

espeon and umbreon
November 3rd, 2004, 02:35 AM
When I lived in Japan sometimes there was snow. I wanted to try skii but I lived in city area and its unsafe to even make snow angels.

PichuSecretBase
November 3rd, 2004, 03:05 AM
Snow Boarding uhm, sledding, and uhmmm computer-ing but I can see the snow out my window :3... Iti's the most wonderful time of the year!

jynx
November 3rd, 2004, 04:17 AM
Snow ball fight w/ other boarders!! :D

I don't get snow in my country, but I do in my school.

Master Angel
November 3rd, 2004, 05:34 AM
I sled down the many itsy bitsy hills around my house, and I try to ride my snowboard, but I usually hit a tree! :P I also like to try and build a fort, but it always melts or I don't finish it in time, something like that. I don't like snowballs fights because I get my @$$ whooped by my step-brother.

One thing I always have to do is make a snow-angel, and a snowman.

This winter should be fun because I got a new puppy and he is snow-white. I say it should be fun because it will be hard to find him. All I'll see are his big brown eyes.

I also like to try and ice-skate on my drive-way. We used to have a pond that would ice over, but now it always dries up before winter.

I live in Maine, I can't believe we haven't gotten a single snow-flake yet!

~Ozy~
November 3rd, 2004, 05:38 AM
Colorado's lowlands just had their first snow, so I'm happy.

I usually ski, sled, snoball fight, all the usual. There's some open space my friends and I use for massive snowball wars.

Kine
November 3rd, 2004, 07:14 AM
I built a snowman last year. It was something I always wanted to do as a child, and now I feel good for doing it. If I'm not busy and conditions are right, I may build another.

Amy-chan
November 3rd, 2004, 07:26 AM
I live in the desert,and we never get snow. Not even in the winter. :'( Although it did snow once or twice in the ten years I've lived here,but never for long.

Flygon trainer
November 3rd, 2004, 08:34 AM
Alaska got a lot of snow, so I'm going to try building a snow-shelter when I think there's enough snow..

jynx
November 3rd, 2004, 10:48 AM
I live in the desert,and we never get snow. Not even in the winter. :'( Although it did snow once or twice in the ten years I've lived here,but never for long.
Wow. Which country do you come from?

My first sight of real snow was when I was 13 years old. It was exciting, but then I get bored because they take ages to melt.

Blaine
November 3rd, 2004, 01:33 PM
Well, we rarely get snow in Tennessee, but when we do, I like to think we know how to have fun. The few times I've come in contact with the cold, I've gone sledding and once I went skiing in North Carolina. I wish I could visit Colorado during the winter season. I would love to learn to snowboard.

Gardy
November 3rd, 2004, 01:40 PM
I love the snow let's see sledding and snowball fights and this is an activity having no school cuz of a snow day XD also eat snow! Yum!

*~Ashley~*
November 3rd, 2004, 02:54 PM
Eww, snow. >_< Living in New England, I get way too much snow. But anyways, every once in a while I do enjoy going sledding with my cousins. Snowball fights are always fun too. Snow days may be fun during the winter... but when we have to make up a week's worth of school in June it sure sucks. x_x

Geometric-sama
November 3rd, 2004, 02:54 PM
Winter? It's still late Spring here, and raining heavily too :P. I have never seen snow, in Australia it snows only in the mountains and I have never been. My dad took my brother to the snow when I was overseas in Europe, though.

Alex_
November 3rd, 2004, 02:56 PM
I've tried snowboarding and it didnt go so well XP......normally I get on ( HUGE )
innertube and ride down the hill in my backyard....meh, snowball fights usually get dangerous for me ( bruises )....

digi-kun
November 4th, 2004, 09:24 PM
SNOWBALL FIGHTS!!! AT SLEDDING HILLS!!!also i tend to like to build snow caves(i'm quite good at them...they come with their own fridge XD

Kylie-chan
November 4th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Er, whacking my brother over the head with one of those pool noodles in the swimming pool; running under the sprinkler for a bit before working out there's a drought and we have to preserve water; hiding inside the classroom at lunch and making fun of Let's Get Retarded (it goes like this: "Let's get ret arded" in a funny voice); wiping sweat off my face; swimming, etc. etc.

It's SUMMER in Australia! Woot go the Aussies!

Lizzie
November 5th, 2004, 04:40 AM
lol sleading backwords XD it's awsome ^_^

Ninja Retsu
November 5th, 2004, 07:16 PM
In my country,we're in Rainy season. Plus,there isn't any snow in my country. Because,I'm in South West Asian.

AdamHays
November 5th, 2004, 08:31 PM
I wish i got snow in my backyard,but no i have to go for a trip to get to it,oh well XD.

I like snowboarding and snowball fights and all that stuff.

Arcanine
November 6th, 2004, 12:16 AM
Snow? *looks and waits for snow but never gets any*. Here in Georgia it just gets cold. And if we do get any snow then it's just enough to make the ground white. Nothing can be done with it, just to be looked at. XD

Zapchu
November 6th, 2004, 12:37 AM
Eh...Arcy, couldn't you drive about...2 hours to a skit resort? That's what I do... =X The only place around here that has snow is Lake Tahoe which is on the border of California and Nevada. I also think Colorado and the east coast Applachain? Mountains should have snow...

Geometric-sama
November 6th, 2004, 04:33 AM
Could we have a virtual snowfight at PC maybe?

EmeraldSky
November 6th, 2004, 07:06 AM
Snowball fights, building snowmen (and snowwomen, snowkids, and snow Pokemon)

jynx
November 6th, 2004, 07:37 AM
In my country,we're in Rainy season. Plus,there isn't any snow in my country. Because,I'm in South West Asian.
My parents live in Asia too! ^^

And I go home once every school term.

Arcanine
November 6th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Eh...Arcy, couldn't you drive about...2 hours to a skit resort? That's what I do... =X The only place around here that has snow is Lake Tahoe which is on the border of California and Nevada. I also think Colorado and the east coast Applachain? Mountains should have snow...
No I don't know of any skit resorts around here. But I can drive 2 hours to NC where they have a white water rafting. But I'm not to sure rafting is all that good cold like this. XD

^^NICK^^ v.3.0
November 6th, 2004, 06:33 PM
I like getting really cold by rolling around in tons of clothes, while in the snow, then getting hot chocolate, and hoping I don't have school the following day.

Teara
November 8th, 2004, 07:15 PM
I ZEVERLY DIZLIKE the cold ~_~ I like to juzt zit in my nice warm room wrapped in about 5 blankettz watching a movie ^_^
Of courze, that'z juzt becauze we don't have much znow. If there iz znow outzide I love playing like a 5 year old in the znow with my friendz X3

I alzo like ztanding on my zled and trying to ztay on it while I race my friendz-with their real znow boardz- down the zteepezt hill we can find.

Oh, and I love watching winter zportz =3

Miyu-chan
November 8th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Snow? Here? o.o; Errr... Maybe unless we drive for hours... but ahem... I really like ice-skating. =]

Kayleigh
November 8th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Well, thankfully it almost always snows here atleast once during the winter, so my brother and I have a lot of fun playing out in it! ^_^ We usually have huge snowball fights with our friends and stuff, build snowmen and snow forts, (if there's enough snow) run around just doing crazy stuff, etc. It's so fun--I love it when it snows!

DragonTrainer
November 8th, 2004, 07:28 PM
There's no snow in my part of Texas, we get ripped off, but at least it isn't as cold :P

*~Ashley~*
November 8th, 2004, 07:32 PM
There's no snow in my part of Texas, we get ripped off, but at least it isn't as cold :P
DT! How many times do I have to tell you that snow is evil? Be glad you never get it... you get all the nice warm weather. *is jealous of DT's Texas home* But yeah... snow is bad. It snowed today... and it's only November x_x Let's just say work isn't fun in the cold weather... my hands went numb ;_;

DragonTrainer
November 8th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Yea, I think snow would be cool for like, a week, butt hen shoveling and dirty snow and freezing cold stuff would flat out suck, go Texas!

Miyu-chan
November 8th, 2004, 07:35 PM
lol, I love snow, so I'm flying out to NYC for the winter. xD *gets all starry eyed*

Kayleigh
November 8th, 2004, 07:38 PM
DT! How many times do I have to tell you that snow is evil? Be glad you never get it... you get all the nice warm weather. *is jealous of DT's Texas home* But yeah... snow is bad. It snowed today... and it's only November x_x Let's just say work isn't fun in the cold weather... my hands went numb ;_;Actually, I bet that if you lived in Texas you'd love snow, lol. It gets so hot here during the summer, so once cooler weather comes around it's such a relief. But I guess that since DT lives near the ocean, it's cooler there... Here there isn't one nearby, and I'm so jealous. I need to move back to a tropical place. T_T Anyway, if you really do like hot weather then I'd recommend moving here, because we've got plenty of it! *runs off to move back to Hawaii*

DragonTrainer
November 8th, 2004, 07:39 PM
Yea, I live real close to the Gulf, and warm weather rocks, better to play sports in dont ya know?

Kayleigh
November 8th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Yeah, where you live... When you walk outside around here during the middle of summer then you'd probably have a better chance surviving in a pit of fire. >_> *sweatdrop*

*~Ashley~*
November 8th, 2004, 07:42 PM
But Kay... it gets really hot here too x_x It sucks cuz it's really hot and disgustingly humid in the summer... but in the winter it's freezing cold. Ugh. We have a temperature span of over 100 degrees! It's awful. But I can see why people who have never experienced snow would like to... but since I get so much of it, I hate it.

And I never, ever shovel snow... that's my dad's job. *is lazy* And I try to avoid contact with the snow whenever possible. Although, an occasional snowball fight it always fun! >)

100marios
November 8th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Unfortunately, we don't get any snow here in Miami, but when the temperature gets low enough we take full advantage of the season. It still gets pretty cold, so it's possible you may see many people staring at their breath in wonder and excitement... myself included, hehe. Once the thermometer sinks below the 70 mark, every person in the city automatically bundles up in sweaters, coats, hats, gloves and all sorts of other clothes to embrace the short cold front that has come. It's fun while it lasts, but I'd love it if we got some snow sometime! Christmas feels kind of strange when it's bright enough outside for one to get a tan, hehe.

My family and I do visit my grandfather in Utah every so often though, so we get the chance to goof around hurtling snowballs and builiding snowmen when the time comes!

Geometric-sama
November 9th, 2004, 05:38 PM
*kidnaps all the snow* If you don't like it, I'll have it, I've never had any. :P