View Full Version : Are you a fan boy/girl of anything? (excluding Pokemon)

A Pixy
April 24th, 2010, 2:59 PM
Simple, are you a fan boy/girl of anything.

Besides Pokemon of course.

If so, how much do you obsess about it? Do you live and breathe it or do you just know an abnormal amount about it?

As for me...

I'm pretty much of FUNimation fanboy. Heck, I even capitalized the FUN in FUNimation. Most of the anime I watch is on their website and were dubbed by them. Most of the anime I want to watch is dubbed by them as well.

Oh, and Vic Mignonga. Pure, awesome sauce.

So, what do you obsess about and how much do you obsess about it?

April 24th, 2010, 3:07 PM
Yes. I can become obsessed with anything I like a lot. My friend introduced me to the Vampire Knight series, and I've become obsessed with it -.-

Basically, if I like something, I tend to become hooked to it a few days later.

April 24th, 2010, 3:36 PM
I guess you could say One Piece.

There isn't anything else, really.

April 24th, 2010, 3:40 PM
I'm not really obsessed with anything.
Not even Pokemon that much. ;/

April 24th, 2010, 4:20 PM
I've never been obsessed with something :| That'd just be unhealthy. I like certain things a lot, but I don't talk about it at all really, and I certainly don't go out and buy all related merchandise.

April 24th, 2010, 4:29 PM
I'm obsessed with the computer :/

April 24th, 2010, 4:43 PM
I'm quite self-absorbed with my own fictional universe. Of course, as the creator, I don't necessarily obsess about it, at least not in a fan sense... though nor does anyone else.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
April 24th, 2010, 5:07 PM
Fan of Anime and the general art style I suppose. Not obsessed to the point of cosplaying and or going to comic-cons(not that that's bad or anything), but I do follow a number of anime currently and I do enjoy collecting anime fanart on devArt.

April 24th, 2010, 5:13 PM
im obsessed with quite a few things.
2. manga
3. anime

April 24th, 2010, 6:19 PM
Fairy Tail. More specifically, Natsu from the same series.

Easiest. Question. Ever.

April 24th, 2010, 6:19 PM
I know for a fact that pokepal17 is an emmure fanboy. :D

April 24th, 2010, 6:25 PM
Well, to be honest, I'm a huge fanboy of Hinamori Amu from Shugo Chara, and a huge fan of the Shugo Chara series in general. XD

Though, looking at me in real life, you couldn't tell that unless I told you! That being said, I'd willingly cosplay as any character from that series, and go to extreme pain to look good in it. However, I live in Texas and there just aren't enough fellow Shugo Chara enthusiasts to make cosplaying a worthwhile activity. x3

April 24th, 2010, 7:22 PM
YES. <3 I am obviously a HITT fangirl. A lot of people can see that just by looking at my signature. <33 How do i obsess over it? I have pictures of him on my wall. I have a signed picture of him he signed JUST FOR ME when i talked to his staff about personal circumstances. i have just about all his music, my LJ is all HITT too... shall i go on? 8D

April 24th, 2010, 7:30 PM
I'm still obsessed with Yu-gi-oh. I wish those monsters were real. 8D

April 24th, 2010, 8:01 PM
No. I've never been a fan of ANYTHING.

April 24th, 2010, 8:03 PM
I'm quite obviously a Nintendo fanboy in general. XD

April 24th, 2010, 8:15 PM
*fangirls over OVP*!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Yeah, idk. Probably the number four? I'm not really sure what my obsessions are now. D:

Captain Hobo.
April 24th, 2010, 8:16 PM
Yes I am a fanboy of lots of things.

April 24th, 2010, 8:18 PM

And Tales of _____ ♥

Fxcking Tatertots
April 24th, 2010, 8:22 PM
I don't fangirl. I figure there's no reason to obsess over anything personally, TBH.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 24th, 2010, 8:42 PM
*looks at username*

Fanboy of the Buick LeSabre, obviously. Best selling full size car for over a decade.

But also various anime shows including my newest obsession, Pretty Cure. Oh, and the hotel located at 9840 Pineville-Matthews Road. I love that particular hotel.

April 24th, 2010, 8:44 PM
When I was younger, I had a frightful obsession with Yami Bakura, but it's toned down in my old age. I guess you could say I'm also a fangirl of William Shakespeare and just literature in general (but I don't really like the term fangirl because it carries such a negative connotation).

April 24th, 2010, 8:45 PM
The .hack game series has been the bane of many a hours.

Also, the Red Sox and baseball in general.

April 24th, 2010, 9:11 PM
There are two manga series that I am "obsessed" about: Bleach and Fairy Tale. Every week, I would go out of my way to read those two mangas. Even if I am sick, injured, or incapable of thought, I am still able to read each page of their action-packed chapters. My favorite characters from Bleach are Hitsugaya Toshiro, Kurosaki Ichigo, Kuchiki Byakuya, and Ulquiorra Schiffer. They and the storylines are what makes it so entertaining to read. For Fairy Tale, my favorite would have to be Erza Scarlet, Gray Fullbuster, Mistogan, Gajeel Redfox, and Juvia Loxar. The manga series is freakin' hilarious, yet still fun to read.

Aside from that, I can't think of anything else. I have a deep love for pastries in general, but it's not really an "obsession."

Noah Ridgewood
April 25th, 2010, 7:18 AM
I am an Apple fanboy. Apple is my life!

April 25th, 2010, 7:34 AM
Baseball. The New York Mets in particular.

April 25th, 2010, 4:29 PM
I am a B-movie fanboy. I dont know why but i just love watching hillariously bad movies XD.

April 25th, 2010, 4:38 PM
I'm a Chris Drew fangirl (b")b

April 25th, 2010, 5:24 PM
MC Frontalot and El Goonish Shive. o___o /nerdzzz

April 25th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Anime and video games. I've written (and am writing) my fair share of fanfiction and drawn fanart. But it doesn't monopolise my life- it's just something I really enjoy doing.
You could also say that I go fan-nutty over books, history, and most general Humanities topics. C:

Harley Quinn
April 25th, 2010, 11:00 PM
The Little Mermaid <3

God I love that movie so much.

April 26th, 2010, 3:45 AM
I'm obsessed with PC, JLS & Lady GaGa. I guess I could say I'm obsessed with my laptop too...

Captain Fabio
April 26th, 2010, 4:53 AM
Not really.
Use to love everything Sony, but now CBA with it.

If I like something, I just go with it. I don't go OTT.

April 26th, 2010, 5:18 AM
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and 'Haseo' (from the .hack series). I'm pretty sure they're the only things I'm a fanboy of...

...wait! I'm also a Signomi fanboy! xD; Go, Signomi, go! :D

April 26th, 2010, 8:22 AM
I'm quite a big fanboy of Glee! My friends tell me to shut up about it a lot xD

April 28th, 2010, 3:57 PM

Besides pokeymanz

Theres Vocaloids and Zetsubou Sensei, and Harvest Moon, and TWEwY, and Legend of Zelda, and Disney Movies and, The Powerpuff Girls and, Code Geass and Breath Of Fire 2 , and and and for a while i was really fantardy over Lux Pain, oh but i still love it and and and a dn sdkfsdf
and now im pretty tardy over Cirno from Touhou, she's such a cutie ;A;

and Ponies
and Ham

theres probably more I'm forgetting but then again if I forgot it I probably wasn't as fantardy about it as i thought o3o

Crystal Glaceon
April 29th, 2010, 3:08 PM
Coheed and Cambria. I love that band with a passion like no other

Eternal Nightmare
April 29th, 2010, 8:53 PM
I'm an anime fanboy. I'm also a Sonic the Hedgehog fanboy and a fanboy of anything Nintendo. However being a fanboy doesn't mean I have an unhealthy obsession with them.

October 20th, 2012, 5:14 PM
Fanboy of Fairy Tail, K-ON, Grand Theft Auto, K-ON, Rave Master, and Fox News Channel.

Shining Raichu
October 20th, 2012, 5:26 PM
Wow haha, this is from two years ago!

Please don't revive threads that haven't been posted in for more than 30 days :).