PDA

View Full Version : Are you in love?

Zeph.
April 25th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Let's face it, if you aren't in a relationship, there have been a few over the years that have caught your eye. And if it's not happened to you yet, don't worry - your time will come ;)

Of course, I am talking about love. It's a funny old thing isn't it? How are you feeling about it? Are you happy with the boy/girl of your dreams? Are you happy with a single life and believe it's overrated? Or do you simply have a crush on someone you know?

Personally, I'm the third example. I don't think I've felt this way before over someone but it can drive me crazy sometimes.

So, discuss :D I understand if you want to keep it secret - no one will bash you for it ;) Sometimes we just need to let it all out is all.

Yusshin
April 25th, 2010, 11:19 AM
In love? Indeed, I am. My third-year anniversary is coming up on August 22nd this year. I'll have known my fiance for four years in January with relatively little problems at all. We've lived together, seen through evictions, financial issues, the economic crises together... And we're still together. We share the same interest in video games, sports, and general activities. We share the same opinions on many, many things, too. It's amazing.

Of course, neither his or my parents like the age difference, but I'm sure later when they get to know him better and his parents know me better, they'll eventually settle down and realize that there's never been a more perfect pair. After all, we look good together, we behave well together, and we both share the same morals and values (no bars, strip clubs, checking out others of the opposite sex, going out alone with friends of the opposite sex, etc.)

I'm very happy with my relationship ^^ and I wish everyone would find their perfect relationship, too, whoever it may be with.

Captain Fabio
April 25th, 2010, 11:21 AM
No.
I have never been in love either.
I don't believe people can fall in love, until they have experienced other relationships to see if it is actual love, or just lust.

Binary
April 25th, 2010, 11:22 AM
No, I'm not in love (answering thread title). I think that love is a mirage, it's blind. When you fall in love, you lose all five senses. It gives you a nice feeling but I doubt it'll last too long. But that's just me.
Whenever I "fall in love", it doesn't go as planned. But that's just my experience. People who've actually succeeded in attaining "true love" might have better things to tell. But this is my experience.

NarutoActor
April 25th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Yes I am in love with capitalism. <3

but on a more series note there are 3 girls that like me. so I am just praying to god asking him who is the right one he has chosen for me.

RuRuBell
April 25th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Haha, I've been in love with the same guy for 10 years now...started as my first little crush, but I still can't get over him. ;)

Hantsuki
April 25th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I've been attracted to other guys, but I can't necessarily say that I have ever been deeply in "love" with someone. Even looking back at the times where I felt like I was in love, it was merely only a crush or a strong attraction for someone. I guess you can say I'm somewhat afraid of falling in love with someone because it makes you so weak and vulnerable. Once you hit that high feeling, there's no other way left to go but back down.

Though I actually admit that I'm in what you would call a "special relationship" with a guy. Not that I would call him a boyfriend, but we keep each other going. He helps me out in my studies when I need help or when I just feel down and I need that extra motivation, and I help him out too when he feels stressed out, and I think a relationship like that is nice because you won't have to be distracted with unnecessary feelings (especially when you're a college student and you have to worry about keeping your grades up).

kissing. raindrops
April 25th, 2010, 12:58 PM
i'm not in love now. haven't been for a while, last time i was in love was my first time, he was the most perfect guy in the world.. stuff happened and yeah..

I HEART MEGA HITT
April 25th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Yes, I'm in love with the person I'm paired with. <3 I do have a crush on someone but it's a more complicated sort of crush because he's a rockstar and all. It's just different to me because if I was to see him here in the US, I'd stand their drooling like patrick star... 8D~ (lol, which is why I'm going to study japanese and start rehearsing what I want to say to him.)

Anyway... I'm not really sure about any opinion as far as love goes. XD I just like the feeling of being loved because it makes me feel happy and very special. <3

Zebeedoo
April 25th, 2010, 01:14 PM
I'm not in love. Never have been in my entire life. As for crushes. I've got a big one, and he knows who he is. ><;

Usagi-Chan~
April 25th, 2010, 01:14 PM
I have yet to ask out either of the two friends I have crushes on, I don't want to ruin my friendships, Plus I think one is only interested in women ;_;

Franceschi
April 25th, 2010, 01:16 PM
I've got a big one, and he knows who he is. ><;Is it me?

I am not in love now. I love a lot of different people but none romantically. :>

Zorua
April 25th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Love is complicated. I'd...rather not get into that.

Zebeedoo
April 25th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Is it me?

I am not in love now. I love a lot of different people but none romantically. :>

Rofl.

It's someone you know. /isn't saying anything in public

Zeph.
April 25th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Okay, some deep stuff here :P Maybe I can make things more 'casual'. Not 'true' love, maybe just a crush or something :P

EmeraldSerenade
April 25th, 2010, 02:35 PM
I'm not in love. I'm only 14 and these dumb teenage relationships don't last long. I'm happy to be single. I'm pretty sure that there are some people who like me, but don't have the guts to say so. I'll admit that I've been attracted/charmed to a few people, but I eventually got over them. I can honestly say that most "young relationships" never last. I have to keep focused on school. I can't have someone that constantly nags for attention.
I want a GF who can keep up with the real world, is smart, cute, and won't have to depend on me for every little thing. But there aren't that many people like that.

But I do love my friends :-D

Yusshin
April 25th, 2010, 02:46 PM
I can honestly say that most "young relationships" never last.

Actually, around 78% of high-school relationships don't make it to college. I'm not sure how many make it past college, but you only have a 22% chance that it'll even get that far.

And if you fall pregnant, there's an 85% chance the guy's ditching you.

So statistically, you're correct.

loliwin
April 25th, 2010, 02:54 PM
I'm in love with God and the Lord Jesus Christ. :D

But I'm not in love with any other person right now. im single. :D

EmeraldSerenade
April 25th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Actually, around 78% of high-school relationships don't make it to college. I'm not sure how many make it past college, but you only have a 22% chance that it'll even get that far.

Exactly! I swear, relationships aren't all about sex -.-
Our generation of people can be completely naive sometimes, it makes me a bit sad..
I agree with you completely.

FaithInMe
April 25th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Im not in love.
Im happily single. Its nice being on my own after getting out of the long term relationship I was previously in. I have no desire to go and rush into anything with someone new at the present time.

I will say one thing though, love isnt something that comes easily. It has to be worked at, something that may, at times, be a struggle to maintain. Its one of the most complex emotions.
Much unlike hate, at the opposite end of the scale, which is just pure raw emotion.
Anyone can hate. Not everyone knows how to love.

Damiano
April 25th, 2010, 03:14 PM
I'm single but have been in love with the same girl who was my best friend from school for about 5 years now. I havn't seen her much since we left school, but everytime I do see her, I fall in love with her all over again. I think of her everyday and always think what could of happen if I just asked her out when I had the chance.

General Bravo
April 25th, 2010, 03:15 PM
I've had.....interests in the past, and I have a few now. Why I've never been on a date in my life? Here's why(don't read this if you don't wanna be here a while).

1. I don't do sports(I suck at ALL of them), so that immediately eliminates I have with any of the popular, hot girls.

2. I'm okay looking, but TBH I doubt I'm handsome enough for consideration.

3. When it gets right down to it, I'm a ****ing coward when it comes to asking for dates. I hate to think of how many oppurtunities may've slipped through my fingertips because of it.

4. I'm incredibly shallow in that I just wouldn't be able to do well with a girl that's, shall we say, not so hot.

5. I've heard rumors that some of the hot girls do things I am vehemently against(mainly smoking pot). Of course, me with no invitations to parties where this stuff supposedly happens, I have no concrete evidence.

6. My experiences have ravaged me far too greatly. Starting back in 3rd grade a handful of the now-hot girls started bullying me pretty constantly. This continued through to 7th grade, but I gave up on reporting it long before. I had a few people on my side when it started(almost starting a social "war"), but eventually my support wavered. To finish me off, nearly EVERYONE else that hadn't already bashed me finished me off in middle school and annihilated my chances at any dates. That stuff was ages ago, and I'm trying to forget, but I still carry all the bitterness, all that rage....

So yeah, if you imagine a chick magnet, with one attracting pole and one repelling, to put it bluntly, I'm the repelling. In my current state, I'd feel sorry for any girl that gets romantically involved with me.
*ends story that no one cares about and seeks psychological counseling*

Yusshin
April 25th, 2010, 03:23 PM
I've had.....interests in the past, and I have a few now. Why I've never been on a date in my life? Here's why(don't read this if you don't wanna be here a while).

1. I don't do sports(I suck at ALL of them), so that immediately eliminates I have with any of the popular, hot girls.

You don't want that type of girl anyway, if all she cares about is how athletic and popular you are.

Saltare.
April 25th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I feel like I am...but whenever I try to talk to my boyfriend, it's always "whatever" or "I don't care".

My friend Jon said if he won't listen to me and he doesn't care, he isn't worth my time.

But when I kiss him, it's amazing(:

I really don't know. I'm in love with my iPod and my cell phone...just not totally with a person XD

Sneeze
April 25th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I am not, that's not that I'm not interested or anything, the situation has just never presented itself and I'm hardly confident enough to make it do so. D:

Granted, the fact I only came to turns with myself in last... going on 2 years probably hasn't helped the situation.

Eternal Nightmare
April 25th, 2010, 03:57 PM

Omg xD that made me laugh. You are so correct -high fives- but if I actually got some girl pregnant I would
stick around just for my child in spite of me not loving/liking her anymore but on a more serious not

Sad to say for me because yeah I think I am... -__T'. I'm not the lovey dovey type nor do I care about people and there jacked up or "perfect" relationships. I've have know her fpr 4 long years and we have become good friends and we went out junior year but being who I am...I wasn't ready to step up and. Really handle a true relationship and I plus that was just a huge strain on our friendship so I had to end it so we could just be friends. I still love her deeply and care for her well being and she knows I do too but this is the way it has to be untill I find someone else. I'm now her guardian angel as I like to call it xD but the feelings can't be rid of and plus like there were some other things that I'm not goin into buttttttt yeah I still love her and wish we could have had the most ideal relationship because we are basically the same person. Crushs...none for me at the moment...minus my 3 stalkers I can't get rid of >.< I'm content with being single untill my time comes and that what everyone should do instead of headbutting yourself into relationship after relationship...not the right way to go in life.

pokemonfolife
April 25th, 2010, 04:11 PM
i broke up with my boyfriend i fill so bad i need help?

Yusshin
April 25th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Omg xD that made me laugh. You are so correct -high fives- but if I actually got some girl pregnant I would
stick around just for my child in spite of me not loving/liking her anymore but on a more serious not

Well, it's good you're not the selfish type. We learnt those statistics in health class about four years ago. It's quite shocking, but expected, which makes no sense because if it's expected, it shouldn't be shocking <<

Anyway, pretty much everyone in your highschool years are "temporary", unless the other person's relatively older than you and able to mature you to a level where you can realize what a real relationship is. Most highschool relationships are just fads for status, popularity, or whatever. Of course, there's the rare couple that really, really like each other, and kudos to them :] but they only have a 22% chance of getting somewhere after highschool with that relationship, and if they can't bear to do long-distance-related stuff, then it wasn't meant to be.

Love is a good thing! But you can have little crushes and whatnaught without toying with what's sacred, too, so as long as you don't fall to peer pressure or anything...

Eeohnex
April 25th, 2010, 04:19 PM
The true question is: What is love?

I don't know if I have been in love, but sure, I have had strong feelings for a girl, not sure if that was love or not. It just felt amazing, and gave me butterflies on my stomach, even tho it sounds really corny, it did. :) She definitely has my best days.

Ninja Caterpie
April 25th, 2010, 04:44 PM
I hope so. Well, if you put it about crushes, yes.

I'm in love. I'm only 14 but these dumb teenage relationships usually don't last long, so =(. I'm happy to be in a relationship though. I realise most "young relationships" don't last, but I don't care. I don't care that there's only a 22% chance of it working. That's still 22%. I'd much rather take 22% chance than nothing at all. Anyone gonna try and guess how much chance some random person you pick up from a date is going to last even two months? I doubt it'll be much higher. I daresay two years is a load freakin' better than two weeks when you're "older".

At any rate, even if it doesn't work, I can still look back and say I enjoyed it, which is what I'm doing. I'm loving every moment of it.

Throat
April 25th, 2010, 05:05 PM
I don't know if what I felt was indeed "love".

Vital
April 25th, 2010, 05:06 PM
-sigh- I am... and my girlfriend means the world to me. But recently, I haven't been a good person, and now I'm feeling the effects. ='(

Eternal Nightmare
April 25th, 2010, 08:40 PM
-sigh- I am... and my girlfriend means the world to me. But recently, I haven't been a good person, and now I'm feeling the effects. ='(

That's sweet...remember relationships are about communication. Make sure you guys are talking to one another about your problems and other things in your life. Doing this will make you both feel better and this is also a good way to strenghten a relationship. Wait how do I know this stuff ._.'

ReyRey-Pyon
April 25th, 2010, 08:58 PM
I'vehad many crushes before yes. oAo
never been in love. I don't believe i'll be in love, like real love, not yet. Still too young ya know?

i;'m single. always have been. I always will be, i'll die alone, be a grumpy old lady with 25 cats. the cats will be my only friends.
only they understand me. yeah, and i'll have the creepy house that smells funny. i'll be the old lady that all the kids think is a witch in a haunted house. it'll even come with a thunderstorm and everything

yeahh. sounds like a promising future :D

Kura
April 25th, 2010, 09:35 PM
I'm in love with my pair. We're both pretty damn committed to each other and we share the same values and morals, which is really important (no cheating, sex after marriage, etc) and have pretty much the same outlook on the world (working hard for what you want in life, and saving is better than spending.) Stuff like that.

We skype just about every day.. and I know it's not the same as being face to face but he just got his passport a little while ago and we plan to meet in the summertime and take it from there. We're both mature about it and we're going to take it slowly IRL. And we both agreed about how it might be different face to face and to not be afraid to be honest with each other with our feelings.
No rushing each other, because we both want to complete school and everything, and we'll just take it day by day.

Mom and dad know about him and have spoken to him, too. They're supportive. I'm friends with his parents, too. I think we're in a pretty good situation.

But yeah. I'm in love with him. And I will always be in love with him. I'm deeply committed.

Guillermo
April 25th, 2010, 10:05 PM
In love? Indeed, I am. My third-year anniversary is coming up on August 22nd this year. I'll have known my fiance for four years in January with relatively little problems at all. We've lived together, seen through evictions, financial issues, the economic crises together... And we're still together. We share the same interest in video games, sports, and general activities. We share the same opinions on many, many things, too. It's amazing.

Of course, neither his or my parents like the age difference, but I'm sure later when they get to know him better and his parents know me better, they'll eventually settle down and realize that there's never been a more perfect pair. After all, we look good together, we behave well together, and we both share the same morals and values (no bars, strip clubs, checking out others of the opposite sex, going out alone with friends of the opposite sex, etc.)

I'm very happy with my relationship ^^ and I wish everyone would find their perfect relationship, too, whoever it may be with.
Sorry to butt into your personal relationship, but that's a little odd. It's perfectly natural to check out other people while you're in a relationship.

At the moment, no. I'm happy being single and not having to feel bad if I do things with people.

Celest8
April 25th, 2010, 10:16 PM
i;'m single. always have been. I always will be, i'll die alone, be a grumpy old lady with 25 cats. the cats will be my only friends.
only they understand me. yeah, and i'll have the creepy house that smells funny. i'll be the old lady that all the kids think is a witch in a haunted house. it'll even come with a thunderstorm and everything

Hahaha that's how I think sometimes. Yeah, I'm a very positive person. xD Lawl.

But to answer the question, I've had crushes, yes, but I've never actually been in love, I'm pretty sure. I'm just not really good with that sort of thing. -.-; But honestly, I'm happy being single. I'm too young to have to worry about that stuff. For now, I don't want to be tied down to someone.

RYOUKI
April 25th, 2010, 10:41 PM

Lol, that's funny, that's exactly what I pictured myself 20 years from now.

I don;t know if I'm in love, I never experienced it before. I might as well say 'I'm in love!' when there is a funny feeling in my stomach. (constipation, eat fibre.)

So if you change the question to, 'Are you attracted to someone right now?' then I'd have to say no.

Stan the man
April 25th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Not now and i never have been. I have felt a phyical attraction before but never love.

Gold warehouse
April 26th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Yeah, but it's a different kind called hivelove. I'm not even going to try and explain it to you people because it's far too deep for mortals to understand.

Anyone who ear/nosegasms to Art Zoyd may be able to comprehend it, but I still doubt it.

Reginaldvonburger
April 26th, 2010, 02:52 AM
Yes I am :)
And I've never been happier.

robobbiebob
April 26th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Iv been going out with my special someone for a year now and i know its true love!
it may not seem like long but i stay with them 6 times a week!

Reginaldvonburger
April 26th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Personally, I do think I'm gonna marry my boyfriend one day. Even though we've only been together for only 3 months, he's everything I've ever wanted. We both love Star Wars, we both love Animé (We're wading our way through many series atm), we both love Pokémon, we had this sort of click and we couldn't live without each other. He gets really sad if I'm away from him even for two hours, and so do I. We spend pretty much all day, every day together and we're yet to have a major fight. He's the first person, other than my best friend who is transgender himself, who HASN'T told me "You're a girl" when I've come out to them about being transgender. And well, I don't want anyone else, nor do I need anyone else, and it's the same way with him. He knows all my likes and dislikes, all of my fears and he protects me from the bad stuff in the world as best he can :)

I know I'm young, but really, it's just like I know he's the one. He's never weirded out by anything I do, like most people and he really does love me. This is the first time I've properly felt like I could believe and trust that someone DOES actually love me. Not only is he my boyfriend but he's one of my best friends too. I never stop thinking about him, and I doubt things will go badly between us. I could say things like "Nobody understands the connection between us" but, if you're in love, you do. I don't think I could ever be happier.

piece of something
April 26th, 2010, 12:01 PM
i really dunno to be honest, what with everybody you ask giving you a different definition....taking all i've heard into account, when i break things down, i come to two conclusions...one, love is really only a deep form of obsession and two love is overrated...i don't see it as all that special and i think it's basically just another mechanism to stimulate reproduction, not very different from lust or attraction though people love to think it is...

having said that, power to all the people who've been loved and have someone to love, coz whilst it's not the most amazing thing in the word (i think virtue is), it's still a damn good feeling, or so i hear :P

Fxcking Tatertots
April 26th, 2010, 02:20 PM

3. When it gets right down to it, I'm a ****ing coward when it comes to asking for dates. I hate to think of how many oppurtunities may've slipped through my fingertips because of it.

4. I'm incredibly shallow in that I just wouldn't be able to do well with a girl that's, shall we say, not so hot.

5. I've heard rumors that some of the hot girls do things I am vehemently against(mainly smoking pot). Of course, me with no invitations to parties where this stuff supposedly happens, I have no concrete evidence.

6. My experiences have ravaged me far too greatly. Starting back in 3rd grade a handful of the now-hot girls started bullying me pretty constantly. This continued through to 7th grade, but I gave up on reporting it long before. I had a few people on my side when it started(almost starting a social "war"), but eventually my support wavered. To finish me off, nearly EVERYONE else that hadn't already bashed me finished me off in middle school and annihilated my chances at any dates. That stuff was ages ago, and I'm trying to forget, but I still carry all the bitterness, all that rage....

So yeah, if you imagine a chick magnet, with one attracting pole and one repelling, to put it bluntly, I'm the repelling. In my current state, I'd feel sorry for any girl that gets romantically involved with me.

I'm sorry to say this, but only if the girl is "super hot"? I don't pity you on that part. However, number 7 should give you a heads up. Learn from your mistakes, and please date a girl for personality, not just looks. And really? Screw sports. Most girls would prefer someone to talk to rather than someone who spits out American Football player stats like no tomorrow and even memorizes them.

Popular girls are overrated, and most of them are dumb and only talk about reality shows, shopping, and celebrity gossip. You wouldn't like that, either.

I feel like I am...but whenever I try to talk to my boyfriend, it's always "whatever" or "I don't care".

My friend Jon said if he won't listen to me and he doesn't care, he isn't worth my time.

But when I kiss him, it's amazing(:

I really don't know. I'm in love with my iPod and my cell phone...just not totally with a person XD

Then that's just physical attraction, your friend is right. I'm not saying you should break up with him. All I'm going to say that it will not work in the long run.

Kauai
April 26th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Mmmm.

I've never been in love myself, however I did have a situation where someone else told me they loved me, and I didn't want to hurt their feelings so I lied. I expressed this fact to one of my friends and asked for her help on how to handle the situation and she then proceeded to go tell the guy behind my back after I made them to swear not to. Long story short: Ended with me having two less friends.

Jakealot
April 26th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Love...love is awesome. Cept it sucks A LOT when you break up with someone you love. I think i've been in love, i'm not sure. I might be in love now. What does it really mean to be in love?

icomeanon6
April 26th, 2010, 02:42 PM
I've been dating the most wonderful girl for almost 6 months now, and I've never been happier. I think it's going to last into college, and maybe even longer than that. I know the statistics say that that doesn't happen to most teenagers, but I have a feeling we're an exception.

The main thing is that we can talk to each other about anything. We have our share of differences, usually about politics or religion, but we never just let them sit by the wayside. We discuss them, and we learn to understand why the other thinks that way, and even if we still disagree, I feel we come out stronger as a couple. She's always there for me when I need her, and I do the same for her.

Also, we were platonic friends before we started going out, and even then I think we understood each other more than we did other people. I had a crush on her back then, but I don't think it would have been right to call it "love." I think love is something that grows over time, and is more resilient than physical attractions. That being said, I do love her dearly, and I know she feels the same way.

Chiku Hamasaki
April 27th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I know I'll always love my ex. Even if he was rude and hit me a lot. ;__; He was the most important person in my life. Well, not more important than my mom. BUT ANYWAY .. He stayed with me the longest. Though all of my crap and what not. &We had just gotten done celebrating out 1 y. 1/2 m. together. I'm sure I'll crush on someone else later on, and so will he. But im all hurt from it. He made me cry so hard when we broke up. I couldn't smile for the longest time. But eventually i got through that. We're still really close buds. &We still hang out. We just don't kiss or anything like that.

I'm trying to move on.
So no. I'm single.
But i do love him. There's no passed tense of love. If you love someone at some point. You don't ever stop. The feelings are still there. If you get over it just like that, without even thinking about it again, you were never in love.

BAHHH.

ifeelso..smart.
&relieved.

Yusshin
April 27th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Chiku, I think it's better that he broke up with you, regardless the fact he was with you the longest.

If he hit you and disrespected you, there's a huge gap in understanding what a relationship is. A man or a woman should never physically abuse their partner. If they do, they don't care for you enough for it even to be dubbed "love". Not to mention, when you find your partner, you love them more than your parents themselves, and in a different way. If ever you were to choose between your lover and your parent(s), it should be almost automatic to say your lover. You can regret at the same time, sure, but a true love would be you giving up everything you hold dear (and vice-versa) in order to save that other person, even your own life if need be (but let's hope it doesn't come to that!)

Just some advice :s

Chiku Hamasaki
April 27th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Th-thanks. ;__;
That's basically what other people have told me. I've just been too stubborn to really listen to all of it. I think I should just stick to school and stuff, im sure love will find me better that way..

Again, thank youuu, Yusshin.

Hamilton
April 27th, 2010, 04:37 PM
actually yes- we've even kissed before- you know that random with all our friends, they run off, she pulls me back thing? the only reason i'm not dating her is because you can't love someone until you love yourself- and i have a while to go until i come to terms with myself

Yusshin
April 27th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Th-thanks. ;__;
That's basically what other people have told me. I've just been too stubborn to really listen to all of it. I think I should just stick to school and stuff, im sure love will find me better that way..

Again, thank youuu, Yusshin.

Glad to help. Everyone has been given a special someone somewhere in the world. It's finding that person that's the tough part. Some people are lucky and find that person; some are unlucky and never do. You may even cross paths and not even know it. Let's hope you're one of the lucky ones who do find their "soul mate" at some point :]

Just remember that if they hit you intentionally, it's automatically obvious that they're not the one for you :| It's just another idiot who thinks violence proves he's the alpha male, or that violence is all right against women. Violence is never all right, and there is absolutely no reason for a grown male to hit a grown female, or a grown female to hit a grown male for that matter. I say "grown" because parents have every right to spank rebellious kids under the age of eight'ish; an individual who isn't a parent should never hit you, and a parent shouldn't after the age of eight.

Sometimes people think that it won't happen again or that it can be "fixed", but if they've already resorted to violence, something's wrong with them psychologically. Hitting is never, never the answer, and there is absolutely no excuse - "under the effect", alcohol, anger, confusion, etc. are examples of well-known excuses that are not valid whatsoever. If they can't control themselves, then they don't deserve any better than a woman who's violent against them. Of course, don't become that kind of woman purposefully. That guy'll get what's coming to him later.

Okami Chi
April 28th, 2010, 08:13 AM
*Starts singing* "What is love..."

I'm not, but who am I to judge what love is?

-Okami

Tanaie
April 28th, 2010, 09:12 AM
^ ^; ...I am in Love.
I truly am. My hubby is really an amazing guy. >u<;
He'll flip forwards, backwards, sideways, he'd do anything for me.
The greatest thing about it, is that he truly loves me back.
I know it's not fake, it's real and I can feel it!

We've been together for 2 years now (almost 3.)
It's been one bumpy ride! But things are starting to settle down...Which is nice. ^ ^;
I think it will be nice to take care of him for the rest of my life...He has a hard life, and I want to be there for him, and give him the life he's never had. D:

Volroc
April 29th, 2010, 08:47 PM
yes i am in love, and im currently dating the woman of my dreams, im the luckiest man on earth <3
and i cant wait til our wedding, hopefully this summer ^_^ (you know women they LOVE to plan for months lol)

Norisom
May 12th, 2010, 06:16 PM
I wouldn't call it love but I do kinda like someone. I think she might like me aswell but im not sure. Even though I am constantly critisised in front of her she still gives me that smile and still talks about me in positive ways to her friends. I will probably end up getting braces or something in the future so that will probably turn her off and there will be no special friend for me -_-

Eпvy
May 12th, 2010, 07:18 PM
I am actually in love, not just a crush.

And that is quite unfortunate.

Flipnotic
May 12th, 2010, 10:12 PM
im happily in love :) we have our own apartment n been together for a little over 3 years..we kind of built our own little family lol we have two dogs we raised :p
they're our babies lol, since i dont plan on having children til after college which ill be about 25-26 yrs old by that time.
we're highschool sweethearts lol n go to college together now ^.^

Katie_Q
May 12th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Love is cool. But I'm not in love. I'm only 14. But I do have a crush on this one guy. Asked him out but he said no because hes still getting over his last relationship. Could be true, but most likely just a polite way of saying no LOL. But yeah, i think I have a long road ahead of me before I actually fall in love

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 13th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Our generation of people can be completely naive sometimes, it makes me a bit sad..

Relax. People who do that that early in life are just saying publicly to those of us who are smarter that they are not smart enough, or lack the self control over themselves, to make the correct decision.

Yeah, I realize that's harsh, but if you want a love life that isn't going to fall apart you have to push hard and put your standards high if you want to maximize your chances.

The one thing that bugs me about this is that it seems to be aimed at those of us that only have enough "love" for one person.

Yeah, I'm in love, that's for sure. There's rarely a time I'm not feeling love for someone.

Rokusasu
May 13th, 2010, 12:06 PM
I'm not in love, and believe that I'm not in the right place for a relationship at this moment in time. I have one or two 'internet' crushes on people whom I talk to on a regular basis, but these aren't anything serious, just a bit of fun to keep me sane, and I don't plan on letting them develop any further. C:

Aureol
May 13th, 2010, 12:13 PM
I'm a grumpy old man that won't let anyone in his love life.

Ok, seriously, never had a relationship, and never had a real crush. Sure, there were plenty of girls I thought were "cute," but that's all it was. I don't really care how pretty girls are, because they can be real... *coughes* mean. If I was interested, I'm too shy to go on dates or anything. I wouldn't know what to do. Besides, I'm too busy to date right now; maybe in a couple years.

HarrisonH
May 13th, 2010, 12:45 PM
This first sentence lets you know that this is going to be good. And to answer your question, you've never been on a date in your life because you're pathetic.

No it doesn't. You know what eliminates all your chances? This attitude. This "omg i can never have a girlfriend i don't play sports" attitude. That's pathetic. You know what a turn off for all girls is? Being pathetic. You only have no chance because you think you have no chance. Also because you're pathetic.

Unlike yourself, most people don't go for looks alone. Stop projecting your thoughts on other people, and realize they aren't all as shallow as you.

Man up. You'd probably hate to think of how many have gone by, because you'd realize there are none. Do you know why there have been none? Because you're pathetic.

Hahaha, oh wow. "I'm ugly but I ONLY DATE SUPERMODELS". With your piss-poor self-esteem, the only girls you have a chance with are fat girls sitting alone in bars. When (if) you ever grow up and stop being pathetic, you'll realize that you'd be just as happy with a "not so hot" girl as you would with a hot one. Probably more so.

Oh boohoo, you don't get invited to parties. What would you even do there? Sit alone on a couch, and watch everyone else have fun while you wallow in your own self pity? If you weren't so pathetic, hearing this would be enough for you to realize that you shouldn't waste your time with the "hot" ones, and open your standards. But you don't realize that, because you're pathetic.

Bawwwwww, people in school are mean to me and I don't have to guts to man up. There'd have to be a reason for them to start. Maybe it was because they could tell you were so pathetic. Boohoo, you have rage stored. Let it out already, it's been years. Grow up and get over it or you'll never stop being pathetic.

Oh, there's no need for you to feel sorry for any girl who gets romantically involved with you, because in your current state it will never happen.

Death_Mande
May 13th, 2010, 01:03 PM
I was in love, before my Partner left me just now. Oh well, 6 months of my life just got crushed. Ehehe, ^^;;

Sneeze
May 13th, 2010, 01:13 PM
@Harrison - Well that was needlessly harsh, hope you don't treat your dates like that. *rolls eyes*

HarrisonH
May 13th, 2010, 01:25 PM
@Harrison - Well that was needlessly harsh, hope you don't treat your dates like that. *rolls eyes*

That fact that I say exactly what I think is actually something that my current date admires.

Sneeze
May 13th, 2010, 01:29 PM
There's a fine line between saying what you think and just being plain abusive.

apples2
May 13th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Why do you people always support losers?

Obviously he wouldn't do that to someone he's dating, but PLC is a bottom feeder. If you keep supporting his depressive behavior, he'll never learn to be an actual man.

Sneeze
May 13th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Did I ever say I supported it? No. All I said is it was needlessly harsh. You don't pick someone up by insulting them. Maybe he does need a good talking to and some help, I don't know, I'm basing all the stuff I know on the guy from a few posts on a Pokémon forum, what I do know is calling him pathetic over and over isn't going to help.

And I don't "support losers", I just say what I think.

.Gamer
May 13th, 2010, 01:50 PM
HarrisonH, if we could rate posts. I would make a thread asking to rate it 6 stars.

chaos11011
May 13th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Yeah I am.Her Birthday was today actually and I made it very special for her at school.Txted her at Midnight saying happy birthday and had a convo till 5.Then I gave her a poem about how amazing she is.Sure we are not a couple but I still enjoy the times that I share with her <3

TheUltimateSacrifice
May 13th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Lulz. Love? Include me out.

Richard Lynch
May 14th, 2010, 04:15 AM
I'm totally gonna sound like an old fogey here, but yeah...

I was in love, once. That is, until she cheated on me and kicked me to the curb, all within two hours of telling me she loved me (what's even more ironic is, she went to church after saying that, came back and then dumped me!). haha

And, truth be told, I haven't been in "love" again ever since.

Personally, I find love overrated now... it's no different, biochemically, than eating large quantities of chocolate.

Ray Maverick
May 14th, 2010, 05:51 AM
No, but I will be soon. :D

RTHookers
May 14th, 2010, 05:53 AM
I'm not in love. I'm only 14 and these dumb teenage relationships don't last long. I'm happy to be single. I'm pretty sure that there are some people who like me, but don't have the guts to say so. I'll admit that I've been attracted/charmed to a few people, but I eventually got over them. I can honestly say that most "young relationships" never last. I have to keep focused on school. I can't have someone that constantly nags for attention.
I want a GF who can keep up with the real world, is smart, cute, and won't have to depend on me for every little thing. But there aren't that many people like that.

But I do love my friends :-D

You just described the ultimate GF. lol.

And I'm not in love, there's two girls I like but not more than that. (The hell, I think I posted here already >.>)

Lol moar generation crap. That's how it is, live with it. Most of my school hears songs that is all about love, and lately those singers aren't greedy on sex references, which makes those songs even worse. I dunno if to lol or cry when a girl enjoys hearing songs like that (Girls gotta have standards, and how the hell I got the conversation to songs..).
Oh, and from what I read on a forum I know that most teens have curiosity / want to experience (I just proved I'm further an idiot, because curiosity/experience are almost the same things by that sentence.)
But you can't deny the fact you wouldn't love to have sex with a girl you like. (lolmaleinstinctslol).
But yeah, in real world and probably in the forum too you'll go along and say "isn't all about sex", it's pretty mutual crap but at least you doesn't sound like a perv or something. And to show you wouldn't have a girl just for the sex. (AND not to start a flame war lol)
Pretty crappy post I made here XD

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 14th, 2010, 07:38 AM
But you can't deny the fact you wouldn't love to have sex with a girl you like. (lolmaleinstinctslol).

:\ Eeeh... speak for yourself.
Yeah I know that was directed at straight males, but being a bi female I would like to take the time to say I would NOT love that. Not even close. Leave me out of that stuff.

I seriously doubt I'm alone in this feeling of wanting nothing to do with that sort of thing.

Also, I'm detecting very clear flaming! Bad! No!
Thinking you're right doesn't give you the right to be mean to people =/ As little as I support what PLG said, at least he was honest, not-abusive to others and on topic. So please, let's keep this civil before a mod has to ask us. (PS: Not directed at you RTH)

RTHookers
May 14th, 2010, 07:45 AM
I'll leave you out of that stuff if you would just ignore it. It wasn't directed at anyone.
And why would a bi female would ever care about that?
Were you offended? Sorry. I can't really keep everyone's feelings in one post and stuff y'know. So sorry again.

Also, I'm detecting very clear flaming! Bad! No!
OMGZ Flamecheck! (Lol spycheck, they could make you a mod if you keep that talent ^_^)
And were I mean to anyone..?
I don't wanna start a flame war either =/.

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 14th, 2010, 08:21 AM
OMGZ Flamecheck! (Lol spycheck, they could make you a mod if you keep that talent ^_^)
And were I mean to anyone..?
I don't wanna start a flame war either =/.

I would totally take that job. Love this site. It wasn't directed at you. xD It was directed at the people flaming PLG and the like. Mainly, this guy.

That fact that I say exactly what I think is actually something that my current date admires.

Big difference between saying what you think and speaking without thinking. >_>; That was way over the line into flaming.

DonRoyale
May 14th, 2010, 08:38 AM
I...guess?

I mean there's someone I guess I'm interested in.
To be honest, I don't want to be interested in him but the fact of the matter is I am, whether I want to be or not.

It's complicated. Mostly because there's a part of me that believes he likes me back...

T3h Kaiser
May 14th, 2010, 08:56 AM
This thread pleases me, I hope it continues.

No, but I will be soon. :D

Not sure it works that way, friend.

TheNewRocketMovement
May 14th, 2010, 04:08 PM
I definately am, my girlfriend and I will be celebrating our 2nd anniversary on the 30th of this month :)
I'm very happy, but at the moment I'll admit I'm stressing over finishing the presents I'm making for her while staying under the £20 spending limit...
Paintings of Misdrevius, Mew, Vaporeon and Vulpix, custom Pokemon cards and hopefully I'll be able to think of a present or two that isn't Pokemon related :D

I can get them finished in time (I hope)

Ash~The Purifying Prince~
May 14th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Hm well I have been attracted to girls before, I've had bad experiences too; But I'm not entirely sure if you could call in "In" love. I'd rather steer clear of stuff like that, personally as nice as it can be I always say, love is for suckers; No offense to anyone here of course! ^^; its just my view on it, probably because I'm just no interested in getting involved with it.

Reina
May 14th, 2010, 10:23 PM
I'd like to think I am, for a year and a half or so now, but hey, I'm just a teenager and I could be wrong. Many people argue younger people don't understand what it is; maybe I have no idea and it's just stupid, or maybe I actually am. For now I'll just live with whatever, and time will tell.

Reginaldvonburger
May 14th, 2010, 11:10 PM
It's me and his 4 month anniversary tomorrow :)
And to make things even better, it's also his 18th birthday!
Even if he really doesn't want to be an adult yet haha <3

RTHookers
May 15th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Hm well I have been attracted to girls before, I've had bad experiences too; But I'm not entirely sure if you could call in "In" love. I'd rather steer clear of stuff like that, personally as nice as it can be I always say, love is for suckers; No offense to anyone here of course! ^^; its just my view on it, probably because I'm just no interested in getting involved with it.

There's to kind of loves: Ones that both of the two are freaking stupid, saying I love you everywhere, getting a present because "lolol we're a month together omg!!!", and those who are connected to reality.
Call me paranoid or crap, I wouldn't care, but I hate it when "lol month togetherz" is something too special.
..With that kinda attribute(I think I messed up on that word) I wouldn't find a girl probably. Too bad.

Jammy-182
May 15th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Hmm, I'd like to think I am. If I'm not then its the closest I've ever been. But hey, she is amazing and makes me feel wayyyy past happy. what more can I ask of a girlfriend? :)