PDA

View Full Version : What game cheating devices do you own?

Team Fail
April 25th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Well, what do you have? Here is my list:

1. AR DS
2. NES Game Genie
3. GBA Gameshark
4. GBC Gameshark
5. N64 Gameshark

I think that is all. Anyone else want to have a say?

Captain Fabio
April 25th, 2010, 11:21 AM
I don't own a single one. I hate the idea of cheating.

Akeraz
April 25th, 2010, 02:11 PM
AR DS, from when I used to sav lots of teams.

institutions
April 25th, 2010, 02:14 PM
I only have an old GBA Action Replay.
I would have bought one for NDS, but i've grown out of cheating and into good old fashioned hard work.

Unless its a game with an ingame cheat menu, you know.

MrGhost
April 25th, 2010, 02:55 PM
I almost bought an ARDSi today for kicks and giggles, but I decided it wasn't worth it.
It probably wasn't.

Felly
April 25th, 2010, 03:10 PM
I don't have any. The idea of cheating bores me.

loliwin
April 25th, 2010, 03:16 PM
I have AR DS. Use it for those impossible to play games. xD

Bassman
April 25th, 2010, 03:39 PM
I have various Action Replays for PS2 (UK and Japanese), DS, Gamecube, Dreamcast (I think). I also have an Xploder for my UK PS2 (different game codes occasionally). I did make good use of the code converters (downloaded) to modify codes for Gran Turismo 3 and 4. I also have a Codebreaker for my American slim PS2 which is my preferred device if I have to download (or upload) a save. As I have a Gran Turismo 3 Save Editor that proved useful.

In the early(ish) original Playstation days I had the devices that allowed you to look directly into the game memory which proved most useful with the first two Gran Turismo games (creating cars with parts from other cars).

Ninja Caterpie
April 25th, 2010, 04:54 PM
I have an R4DS, so I can use any AR hacks I like. For everything else, there's mastercard I emulate, so I can use about every hack available. I don't use them much though, unless I'm bored after finishing a game or I want to see past the beta in a ROM hack.

EmeraldSerenade
April 25th, 2010, 05:04 PM
I use to have a Action Replay for my GameBoy Advance, but it broke -.-
ahh, that was when I was either 9 or 10 though..

Wait, were allowed to talk about cheating devices, right? :o

Åzurε
April 25th, 2010, 06:06 PM
If we're not, there'll be a mod all up in here.

I have an AR DS, it's really fun to use with Disgaea. Uber Prinny ftw. The move mod for Pokemon is also fun to mess with.

Invincibility is the lazy man's way out!

Fxcking Tatertots
April 25th, 2010, 08:31 PM
I used to have one for Gameboy Color [used to complete my Yellow version Pokedex, IIRC, since no one I knew had a trade cable], but I gave it to my cousin, and never saw it again. : [

Haza
April 25th, 2010, 08:33 PM
I own about three Action Replay DS' and one Gameshark SP (My brother found it at his job and gave it to me!) :P

Bassman
April 26th, 2010, 12:13 AM
Must admit that the only use of the ARDS was to experiment with the Poke Ball codes in one of the earlier games (US version). I figured the code for individual ball types and could give myself any number of them. Never used it for the game proper, though I was tempted to give an extra of a certain type of ball due to the difficulty of catching legendaries.

I will probably be experimenting with HG and SS with the codes (UK version).

Disgaea codes sound interesting (I have the US version of that). I will have a look into it.

Captain Hobo.
April 26th, 2010, 05:40 PM
I have none at all. I hate cheaters. But, I know some gliches on MAG.

Zameric
April 30th, 2010, 03:38 PM
I have an old special "Crystal Version" GameShark that worked on all gamesup to Pokemon Crystal. It even includes a spin-off game or two. Next I had another, normal, GameShark for GBC (I think, but maybe GBA). But I either sold it in a yard sale or just lost. :p
Then I have a GBA Code Breaker. I've used it for several years, mainly on my pokemon games for stuff like rare candies and master balls. And my most recent one is a NDS Action Replay. I use it for mostly the same things I did with my Code Breaker.

ANARCHit3cht
May 3rd, 2010, 08:27 PM
I owned a Gameshark, and I have a ARDS. Tho, I lost the Gameshark and the cord for my ARDS. I only cheat after I beat the game.. therefore make it just in my mind.

JinRaziel123
May 7th, 2010, 02:43 AM
All of the above Cheats and CoderPR for my PSP

DXrobots
May 8th, 2010, 11:41 AM
I have an action replay for gamecube and a game shark for the gameboy color. I like to collect these things when I find them in gamestores that sell old gaming stuff

Algo Fonix
May 9th, 2010, 10:43 AM
I have a Game Genie for the Sega Genesis. Never actually used it, but I heard you can use it as a passthrough so you can play import games. Probably never actually try that though.

R*2010
May 10th, 2010, 08:44 AM
The only device i own is a game genie for the nintendo entertainment system :)

リュザキ
May 10th, 2010, 09:07 AM
I have ARDS just for the hell of it. I used it for Masterballs for my real character then just to mess around in other profiles. Haven't used it since Sophmore year when I was in high school. Might drag it out if I am bored.

The only thing else i use are tools to mod Team Fortress 2 and Mass Effect 2. I change the models in Team Fortress 2 (Not since my Pc died though) and change the look of my Shepard in Mass Effect to get hair styles that you can't choose. No cheating just awesome.

Rich Boy Rob
May 10th, 2010, 09:23 AM
I own an Xploder for PS1, but I don't use it for cheating per se, mostly just for funs on FF7 like keeping Aeris alive and mucking around in the debug room. Or at least I do every now and then when I feel like having a good romp on final fantasy.

I also owned a GBA AR, but only used for a day because I accidentally knocked it out while playing and it permanently busted my Leaf Green and so vowed never to use one again. Although I did keep it for a while simply to try out random codes on my already bust game (it froze and screamed whenever I opened the TM case) for a few days.

I don't see the point in cheating on pokémon myself. What fun is an illegitimate party anyway? The fun is in raising them up.

Eurydice
May 10th, 2010, 02:51 PM
i have an ar for the ds. though i never use it. it was my friends but he sold his ds and gave me it.

SacredMiKeY
May 25th, 2010, 04:20 AM
im getting an ar for the ds
but only for checking the ivs of pokemon so i wont need a computer to check them

Red1530
May 26th, 2010, 10:15 AM
I have a GameShark for the first two generations and Action Replay for the third. As of right now I don't have anything for the fourth.

Barney.
May 26th, 2010, 12:07 PM
None. And I only intend to get a Game Genie in the future, and that's it.

EDIT: For NES. Can't believe I left that out :>

Ryden
May 26th, 2010, 12:18 PM
the first cheating devices I had were a gameshark for my GBC and my N64, got them t the same time. probably not even a year later, the GBC gameshark crapped out on me and the N64 one became rather glitchy and slowly after that died.

Currently I own a Action Reply for my DS...and not sure if this counts but it is possibly to cheat with it so I guess I'll also mentioned my Cyclo Revolution

sometime when emulating pokemon games just for funsies I'll mess around with Pokesavs sometimes

wahaneebelly
May 26th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Games in general need cheats. The games are much bigger and i no longer buy games that i don't feel i'll get the full enjoyment from. I buy games for joy not frustration or lame online records. The only possible example for a guide that they can use is the SC3 Code guide. Other than that, it's kind of hard to make one right off the bat.

dajman1996
May 26th, 2010, 11:45 PM
I've got R4 and R4I there really kew an get any cheat in the game even the new ones like heartgold and Soulsilver!