PDA

View Full Version : I NEED A NIGHTLIGHT! D:

The Sly Fox
April 26th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Did you ever need to have a nightlight on in your room when you went to sleep? Or just needed a light on because you were afraid of the dark?

I used a nightlight when I was pretty young, because I used to be afraid of the dark. But I eventually got rid of it and now I sleep without it xD

Kauai
April 26th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Aw gawdy. You just had to post something like this? :embarrass

I use to be really scared of the dark. Even when I stayed over at someones house, I'd have to have a light on down the hall or something.

I've gotten over it for the most part and can sleep in the dark now. But I still have a small, dim, light on my desk on. Not cause I need it but just because if I get up at night I don't like it being pitch black. :)

EmeraldSerenade
April 26th, 2010, 02:33 PM
I slept with a light on until the age of 9.

Yes, I'm a total wuss -.-
Hey, the dark is scary! :3

Renege
April 26th, 2010, 02:40 PM
i still have one...

Yes, I hated the dark, couldn't sleep with the door closed, or the closets open. Now, I'm the complete opposite!

Kauai
April 26th, 2010, 02:48 PM
i still have one...

Yes, I hated the dark, couldn't sleep with the door closed, or the closets open. Now, I'm the complete opposite!

I thought I was the only one! :D

Vital
April 26th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Everyday night when I was a Tater Tot. xD I was so scared of not being able to see my hands. But I overcame my phobia and now love the darkness. ^_^

hiphiphippo
April 26th, 2010, 03:14 PM
i got one when i was younger cuz there was a purple star that looked pretty :D i didnt really need it though

now i cant sleep with a light on in my room, but i can in other rooms o_o it's sorta weird

i like sleeping with the window open when it's warm though :D

shinx95
April 26th, 2010, 04:26 PM
You mean people don't sleep with a nightlight on at night!? What is this madness?!

.... But anyways yes, I always keep a nightlight on and my desk lamp on at night. It's not that I'm scared of the dark it's just... I like to see my whole room... Also so I can make sure no crazy murderer is going to come into my room to kill me in my sleep... D;

Yusshin
April 26th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I still sleep with a nightlight, or a light on somewhere. If not, I sleep under the covers cuddling my YussYuss :] makes me feel bettah.

I don't want that chick from The Ring to eat me ><

Zeta Patchouli
April 26th, 2010, 04:32 PM
I need my room light on. Why? Well, because my imagination is so vivid and descriptive that in pitch black, and pure silence, I start seeing these nightmarish abominations, and hearing horrible sounds. Every sound sounds really, really, really maddening.

That's why I need my room light on. A nightlight wouldn't cover it. Not even close.

Ryoutarou
April 26th, 2010, 06:08 PM
I always felt like someone was playing a cruel joke on me when I was much younger because of this sort of thing. I was scared to death of the dark, but couldn't sleep with any lights on, so I'd often just go without sleep. D: ...not that it's a problem anymore, can't really seem to sleep with even a single light on, so yay for not being afraid of the dark anymore!

Hantsuki
April 26th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Yeah. When I was younger, I needed the light on because I didn't feel comfortable sleeping in the dark.

Now, I hate the light. The sun always shines into my window and wakes me up too early, so I hide under the covers and often suffocate myself (because my blankets are really heavy).

donavannj
April 26th, 2010, 06:15 PM
I used to sleep with a nightlight... but I quit using one when I was 9... now I can't sleep with any light in the room, even the tiny green light on the transformer of my laptop's power cord. D;

Jordan
April 26th, 2010, 06:15 PM
I slept with a light on until the age of 9.

Yes, I'm a total wuss -.-
Hey, the dark is scary! :3
Yep, yep, same with me. My mom actually told me how weak I was becuase I was much too afraid of the dark. :< Now, though, I can't stand sleeping with any sort of light on. I might keep a night-light on outside of the room on some nights, though, since in case I need to use the washroom I have something to help me see.

donavannj
April 26th, 2010, 06:19 PM
I used to sleep with a nightlight... but I quit using one when I was 9...

Oh, forgot to mention... this was so I wouldn't trip over stuff in the middle of the night for my bathroom excursions. XD

Mattysaurus
April 26th, 2010, 06:53 PM
I never have had a night light, but I did leave my door open and leave the hall light on.
Now I don't have too. I like night and it's darkness. :3

Eurydice
April 26th, 2010, 08:01 PM
i used to have one until i was in the 4th grade. now i love the dark, though it might help if i use a nightlight because im always tripping over stuff when i get up :/ (stupid dog bed...grr)

Cassino
April 26th, 2010, 08:13 PM
I never have had a night light, but I did leave my door open and leave the hall light on.
This.

Nowadays I'm entirely indifferent.

Binary
April 26th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Yes, until I was 11, I needed a nightlight to fall asleep.
But nowadays I can't sleep with the light on X|

I HEART MEGA HITT
April 26th, 2010, 09:01 PM
I'm not sure about when i was younger but I do now I'm older. I have to have my TV on all night our I'll get really scared of the dark. I think because my eyes can play tricks on me that I get a little spooked. XD

lol @ jorfe. o_o You must have been a very troubled child.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 27th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Instead of a nightlight, I usually have my computer on (playing music and a slideshow of pictures of anime girls). In my room, there's also a dying string of Christmas lights that have been up since October and only half of the blue bulbs work now.

I'm not really afraid of the dark, but I do find some light in the room to be soothing.

ReyRey-Pyon
April 27th, 2010, 04:09 PM
I never needed a nightlight. I was never afriad of the dark :V

Ayselipera
April 27th, 2010, 07:30 PM
I was terrified of aliens and the dark when I was little so yes I had a night light. I used one so much that my mom bought a different one for every season just so it could go with the other decorations.