PDA

View Full Version : Do you respect timezones?

Forever
April 28th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Well, that's the best way I could word it. For celebrations such as christmas, bdays, etc, do you wish people "happy/merry something" when the day hits in their timezone or yours?

For me, I don't until the day hits for them. Too bad others can't apply that logic - aka ppl 2 hours ahead. XD;

xJordan360
April 28th, 2010, 06:28 AM
It fluctuates. Sometimes I'll remember they live in a different time zone, and wait. But others I'll forget and do it on my time.

Yusshin
April 28th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Apparently I live in the past (April 28th) and you're almost the future day (April 29th), Nica D:<

The REAL question here is where does the future end, and the past begin, timezone-wise?

I respect my timezone for events though :]

Renege
April 28th, 2010, 07:26 AM
I try too. If I can remember WHAT their timezone is, or how long it's actually ahead, or behind mine.!

Binary
April 28th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Yes, I try to wish birthdays and events when the day hits their timezone, otherwise it's kind of bothersome. So, yeah.

Cassino
April 28th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Australians are always inb4 everyone for the Christmas thread. Maybe I'll move to New Zealand and make it an hour earlier than them.
I don't wish people happy anything but if I did then yes I would respect time zone differences onwards of four hours.

Okami Chi
April 28th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Well I try to not wake them 2:00 AM for something like that, so I guess I do. ;)

-Okami

Galukxy
April 28th, 2010, 08:50 AM
I try to respect the time zones to the best to my ability, but most of my friends on my friends list are American and I live in England
meaning there time zone is like 4-6 hours behind mine D:

HackMew
April 28th, 2010, 09:19 AM
It mostly depends whether I'm awake or not. Especially if the difference is like 10+ hours.

poopnoodle
April 28th, 2010, 09:25 AM
with holidays, i dont really have to, but my hivelover and i work our schedules around each other seeing as we're six hours apart. or, he works around mine rather >w>

Mattysaurus
April 28th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Screw timezones, messing up my relationships with friends in the European area. D:<

I tend to wait for MY time to wish happy birthdays and what not.

SkyKnight
April 28th, 2010, 04:39 PM
I usually do it on their time when I can, but if I forget, I try to tell them asap.

Ayselipera
April 28th, 2010, 06:43 PM
I tend to completely ignore that they exist. I don't mean too though, they just slip my mind. :(

EmeraldSerenade
April 28th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Yes. I wouldn't want my friend in Japan calling me at 2AM just to wish me happy birthday .-.

Pazuru
April 29th, 2010, 04:37 AM
I usually wait until it's their birthday or something in their timezone before wishing them a Happy Birthday. However, sometimes I get excited (I'm on AIM or something), and I accidentally say 'HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY' when it hits in my Timezone. xD;

Eternal Nightmare
April 29th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Yes I do but sometimes its hard remembering who is ahead of you in time and who is behind. I got two of my friends numbers from this forum and both live in California which is like 6 or 7 hours behind my time so I sometimes text them when they are sleep or at school.

Sammi
April 29th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Depends. If a birthday thread's already been posted, I'll post in it, even if it's not their birthday in my timezone. If I'm wishing them a happy birthday/happy holidays/whatever in another form, I typically wait until it's after midnight my time.

However, 9 times out of 10 I don't wish happy birthday/holidays/whatever until whatever time I feel like the day of. If it's a little late for them, I don't really feel bad. Does that make me a bad person?

Illekn
April 29th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Well... I generally do it by my own timezone... because.. it is easier. I could do it to their timezone.. but I'm not really thinking about it that way.

donavannj
April 29th, 2010, 08:47 PM
I do it whenever it's convenient for me, be it right at the start of that particular day in their timezone, or near the end of that particular day in my time zone, and everywhere in between.

Akari
April 30th, 2010, 05:42 PM
In this sense, no. I'll wish people Happy New Year or Merry Christmas when it's most convenient for me to do so. I don't feel bad at all and I don't see why I should. It's not like I control which places other people live in. ;_;

Captain Hobo.
April 30th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Yes, I do respect timezones they are very important.

Guillermo
April 30th, 2010, 08:20 PM
I do, but mainly for birthdays. I just say Merry Christmas on the 25th, regardless of who is there.

Ninja Caterpie
May 1st, 2010, 02:38 AM
Hehehe, I love messing with people because I'm 17-19 hours ahead of America.

However, I do respect the differences in time, so I don't refer to time in a relative manner rather than a generalised one (ie. "around now" rather than "at night").

loliwin
May 1st, 2010, 02:50 AM
Sometimes I do and sometimes I dont respect timezones.

Nighttime, when I usually get on PC is usually when people go to school, sleep etc. :(

Narcissus Secret
May 3rd, 2010, 08:23 PM
It depends on the situation, for things like a Birthday, I would wake up at three am just to say it to them in their time. If it is something trivial, then screw their timezone.

Ardos
May 4th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I try to respect the timezones when wishing people happy birthday and such.

Aureol
May 4th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I wait for whoever's last. Usually it's my zone, but on occasion it's not.

Zorua
May 10th, 2010, 08:27 PM
I try to do celebrations whenever it comes across in my timezone. Unfortunately, I usually don't have the attention span to remember holidays and specific events long enough to when it actually hits their timezone; so I try to keep it to mine. I do try to respect my friends' timezones when I can, though.

Mr. Downstairs
May 11th, 2010, 06:02 AM
Oh snap. Most of the people (at least who I talked to anyway) are lying in this thread. Some of y'all wished me a happy birthday a day before it was my birthday here where I live. How dare you say you respect time zones! As for me, I don't respect time zones when it comes to things like birthdays, holidays, and other things like that.