PDA

View Full Version : Tea parties ["political term"]: Thoughts?

Fxcking Tatertots
April 28th, 2010, 02:59 PM
What's your opinion on them? Are they annoying, doin' it right, "extremists", or...?

Debating is fine, but try not to insult others due to their beliefs or call them sheep, ignorant, etc.

Yusshin
April 28th, 2010, 03:03 PM
What's the political term meaning of a "tea party" :s

*wants to partake, but what a strange, foreign term*

Fxcking Tatertots
April 28th, 2010, 03:15 PM
IF you read up the history of the Boston Tea Party then that's where the term came from.

However, I feel nice today and will give it to everyone who doesn't know [copy-pasta'd] from an excerpt of Urban Dictionary:

"The Boston Tea Party was a protest which occurred while America was a British colony. The protest was against high taxes and the colonists protested by dressing as Native Americans, running onto a ship and throwing tea overboard."

Yusshin
April 28th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Oh >> I'm sure that's not literal for what they do today, right?

I guess if they're for a good cause :s I still don't understand, so I'll, uh. /Vanishes

.Gamer
April 28th, 2010, 04:01 PM
For the record, the OP seems rather biased with the "call them sheep or whatever" part crossed out. I don't really care, they won't accomplish anything they want. They will cause a rift in the Republican party that they are trying to get elected to presidential and congressional offices in 2012 and 2010, respectively. Imo they are just a blip on the radar, a political "fad" that is happening. Nothing more nothing less. They will most likely end up causing more harm to their cause than good. If they make themselves a seperate third party they won't be helping themselves so its no big deal. Most third parties don't accomplish anything.

Fun Fact: The only third party win a major election was the Republican Party under Abraham Lincoln in 1860. (Learned in history so I assume its true :X)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pilG7PCV448 <--also lol tea partyers.

I don't agree with their ideas because they are doing it wrong. Causing a rift in your party isn't how you win. They should be trying to unite Republicans if they want to win anything. I do, however, believe in lower taxes because everything is expensive already.

Fxcking Tatertots
April 28th, 2010, 04:10 PM
It's true. It's just a silly fad that crops up from time to time in elections or whenever something big politically happens. I'm sure it will go away soon enough. It's annoying enough for me to hear conspiracy theorists [which are 20x more annoying] to be further annoyed by tea partiers.

My view is, "if the government doesn't do anything that affects me personally, then I don't have any reason to rage about them". People are more paranoid of their government more than the government is paranoid of their people.

General Bravo
April 28th, 2010, 05:24 PM
It's true. It's just a silly fad that crops up from time to time in elections or whenever something big politically happens. I'm sure it will go away soon enough. It's annoying enough for me to hear conspiracy theorists [which are 20x more annoying] to be further annoyed by tea partiers.

My view is, "if the government doesn't do anything that affects me personally, then I don't have any reason to rage about them". People are more paranoid of their government more than the government is paranoid of their people.

Emboldened Stuff: Well, that's the problem. On paper, we are in charge of them. In practice, they do whatever they damn well feel like, regardless of party lines. I think that's why you see these Tea Parties springing up.

Fxcking Tatertots
April 28th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Sure, but people think the smallest things are "a closer step to a NWO" these days. People think that someone's out to get them; in most cases, it's not true and instead points to something. In this case, the government.
It's not all evil like people make it out to be. There are idiots, then there are people who misunderstand our situation. If others complain so much, why won't they become politicians themselves to fix such problems?

TRIFORCE89
May 4th, 2010, 04:23 AM
I see them as a group of people who have no clue what they're talking about.

They don't know what they're complaining about. It appears to be everything and nothing at the same time.

Their arguments make no sense and their facts are wrong.

Against Obama's supposed "higher taxes" when your actually taxes went down. Against the health care bill when there's nothing socialized about it, while it's almost entirely a very Republican bill. If you're going to argue, know what the hell it is you're arguing about.

I just see them as stupid and ignorant **** disturbers who are totally clueless about what's actually happening in their country and the world at large.

Get a coherent argument. Get your facts straight. Learn to spell. And stop marching around dressed up like Captain Crunch while shouting racist things. Maybe we'll take you a little more seriously.

NarutoActor
May 4th, 2010, 02:38 PM
I can sympathize with them, and the idea of smaller government.