PDA

View Full Version : Where did you get your nickname from?

Spectrum
November 4th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Where did your forum nickname come from? A nickname is the name you use on the forum, of course. For example, mine is Kyogre-chan. I use "Kyogre" in most places because it's my favourite Pokemon. But since that name was already taken here, I added a "-chan", which is part of the Japanese honourific system. I don't feel like explaining. But anyways, where did you guys get your names from? ^^

aaaaaa
November 4th, 2004, 12:39 AM
It's a play on words from Alita, as in the english name of Gally, from Gumnn\Battle Angel.
But yeah, it also works in the capacity of a-1337-a person than j00.

asher_son_of_ash
November 4th, 2004, 12:42 AM
I got Asher from the name 'Ash'. You know the guy from the Pokemon Anime? XD; I wanted something no one used more than once. Thus Asher was born. ('born' and 'son_of_ash' are not related. XD)

rampage333
November 4th, 2004, 01:03 AM
i got it through somewhere in PS2 game like GTA vice city the rampage mission lol... :P

espeon and umbreon
November 4th, 2004, 01:38 AM
I wanted to have espeon as my username but since its been taken I put espeon and my 2nd favourite pokemon.

Composer of Requiems
November 4th, 2004, 02:29 AM
Um. You know what's a requiem? And uh, I do a lot of music, and I was using it when I joined online communities, and it just stuck.

...plus, it appears to be unique. I haven't seen anyone else with that name (ran it through a google search that day ^^)

Snivi
November 4th, 2004, 02:46 AM
When I registered Totodile was my favorite pokemon. My favorite changed but I kept the name. My favorite went from Totodile to Chikorita to Skitty. XD

Forest Grovyle
November 4th, 2004, 02:58 AM
I'm not sure what made me choose my username...I think it was that Grovyle was one of my fave R/S Pokmon released, and the "Forest" just seemed to fit with it...I'm pretty happy with it, though! ^_^ It's one of my fave online names! :D

PichuSecretBase
November 4th, 2004, 03:29 AM
Brainstorming site name and I just wanted to make my username with my site so yea :3

Shiny
November 4th, 2004, 03:37 AM
I don't quite remember, how I got my nick, so I guess it just flowed into my mind. Plus, I aways wanted a short nickname, so I somehow get stuck with it (Since I couldn't think of anything else).

Lady of the Shadows
November 4th, 2004, 05:38 AM
Ok oppss for got to say about this account nick. Well i got the idea from the Lady Death anime. Though i though about useing her name but i did not want to be that dark. Well i use Shadow a lot in me names or something like that. Something to so with darkness or night time. Stuff like that. So between Lady death and that i came up with Lady of the Shadows.

Well my mother gave me my frist nick. All my others camre from friends over the years.
Just depends on who your talking to and what time it was.

Cyndaquil
November 4th, 2004, 05:50 AM
Cyndaquil: ---> My fav pokemon... XD hard to guess? NO!

Ok, I first wanted a short nickname, but after tryng that (On another site) it was too boring not have any nickanmes on the site.. (Not username, I mean nickname like I have Cynda now...), so I took my fav pokemon and also put in that it shortend be Cynda! (Still some ppls writing "Cindaquil"... XD)

DarkPegasus
November 4th, 2004, 05:54 AM
Well my old was GOD ALLMIGHTY,and my rival's(my best friend's) nickname is DarkArchangel(DarkAngel - Guardian of the Light),and Zeus has turned his best warrior into a Pegasus,so in honor of it DarkPegasus was borned!

Claire
November 4th, 2004, 06:05 AM
My site is DF at dadragonz.com, therefore DF Dadragonz..exciting...*cough* XD

Kine
November 4th, 2004, 11:00 AM
There's a long story involved, and with that being said, there's no reason to bother typing it unless I knew someone was genuinely interested. =\

Long story vague and short, Kine is a character from Kirby. It's a name I've used since 1998 or so, and it's pretty much the name I use anywhere.

Mr Cat Dog
November 4th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Mr Cat Dog is something I use everywhere I go. If you see a Mr Cat Dog, it's probably me. As for how I decided it, well... it's a long story. It started off with me getting an e-mail address, and it would be originally be [email protected], but that was already taken, so I had a think.
Suddenly, my cat and dog walked into the room, and it just clicked. I have no idea why I added the 007... I don't even like James Bond XD
So, when I joined my first forum, I just took that from my e-mail address, and scrapped the 007. And voila XD

Vkazuic
November 4th, 2004, 12:52 PM
I got my name from my favourite song that has been my favourite song for a couple of years now... Now it's my trademark name.. ^_^

aRedMoon
November 4th, 2004, 12:54 PM
J = Jesse
Kaizer = German for dictator; also comes from Ken in Digimon 02.

And yes, it's spelled wrong. That's what makes it special.

Jess
November 4th, 2004, 01:05 PM
My real name o.O My username is really unique..XD I choose my own name for a username :P

Gardy
November 4th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Mine Gardevoir352 gardevoir < the pokemon lol > 352 my fav. number XD

Cassie-chan
November 5th, 2004, 09:33 AM
My name? Right before I'd came here, some girl at my school said, "She must be a girl genius!" And that is how I got my smart-sounding name. :P

jynx
November 5th, 2004, 09:37 AM
I got mine in a birthday party, the birthday boy was called Sandslash.

I'm the only girl in the party...so...

Zapchu
November 5th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Zapchu = Zap a pichu, then say it really fast = Zapapichu = Zappichu = Zapchu simplified so it's easier to say xD

Lizzie
November 5th, 2004, 10:44 AM
lol i love Lizzie Mquire XD

Peach
November 5th, 2004, 10:57 AM
I love peaches and I like that colour too.
And 'cause I read Wedding Peach-manga.

Shana
November 5th, 2004, 11:17 AM
I love stars. Stars as designs and stars in the sky. ^^

Arcanine
November 5th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Arcanine is my fav Pokemon so that's where I got it from. XD

But since that was soooooo boring I will just name out a few more nicknames I have on PC.

RK9: D (Dakota) was talking on the DCC one day (or was it another thread XD) and then he poped out with the name RK9. And everyone was like "What is that?". And he said if you say Arcanine fast you will hear "RK9". So that's how that crazy name got started. XD

Andu: I don't know if this was heard on PC or not (if Renny posted about me then more or less he called me this). Renny (Dusty Pikachu) was talking on MSN one day with me and a few others and he made a typo. He ment to put "Andy" but he made it "Andu". So it stuck with him and now he calls me Andu on MSN. XD

Arcy: I know Erica was the first that called me Arcy. She said it only one time. But after I changed my MSN name to "Arcy" members started picking up on that and started calling me that on PC (if anyone have heard the name "Arcy" before then it was the name of the Arcanine the boy had on "The Stolen Stones", it's also the ep that turned me on to loving Arcanine so much).

Kairi
November 5th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Kairi is the name of a girl off KH. I was playing it at the time we restarted, and well…now it’s the name everyone knows me by. o_o Pretty darn boring.

Other names in the past like Celes and Rinoa also stemmed form Square. Pfft~

Eliana
November 5th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Which one? XD
Allow me to explain "Frim Frim Lice girl"
You see, there is a teacher at my school who is rather interesting...o.O;
He gives everyone in all of his classes some strange nickname...Thats where Frim Frim came from (my last name is Frim)
Anyways...I look at my hair to pick out split ends a lot so one day he was like
"Hey Frim, what are you looking for? lice? I'l call your Frim Frim Lice girl"
XD

Suzu
November 5th, 2004, 12:01 PM
My favorite charecter from Fruits Baskets at the time was, Isuzu.
I droped the "I" becuse Suzu sounded cuter, and Isuzu is a brand of cars XD
Suzu also means "bell" which I thought was cute too.

Ryoutarou
November 5th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Mine was just a fluke...the name I wanted had been chosen...so I just typed in a random word and it stuck with me,lol. Some story XD

Ninja Retsu
November 5th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Hmm... Blue Jasmine is from my favourite Pokemon characters! Blue from Pokemon Special and Jasmine,a gym leader. Plus,blue is one of my favourite colours. So,I use this name.

deathbyalice
November 5th, 2004, 07:15 PM
I got the idea after playing American McGee's Alice. Though it wasn't that great of a game, I love Alice. The death part is because I also go by Lady Death, and sometimes Saint Death.

Bree~chan
November 5th, 2004, 08:01 PM
I got my name "Bree" from my one of my favorite dark Pokemon,Umbreon.I got it like this:UmBREEon.Pretty simple,eh?XD

Monzae
November 5th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Mine's pretty self explainitory....I'm a Psychic Kimmy xD

T.W North
November 6th, 2004, 12:09 AM
My initials. :D I would personally hate to have a pokemon in my name, sounds lame(no offense to those that do have pokemon in there name)

*Chikorita*
November 6th, 2004, 05:55 AM
Well when I joined here, my favorite Pokemon had just changed from Bayleef to Chikorita. But I wanted to keep Bayleef but it was already taken. So was Chikorita. So I added stars, and I hate the stars now. Pretend they are not there!!! XD Also, Skitty is my fav now anyway. XD

TRIFORCE89
November 6th, 2004, 09:52 AM
The first forum I joined was a Zelda forum. It had just opened up and I was eager to join. I wanted a really cool name that would suit me. But, because I was so eager...I didn't put any thought into it and made my name Triforce89. The 89 represents the year I was born, 1989.

However, no matter how you entered your name at those forums...it would display it all in capitals. So, for simplicities sake everywhere I go I use TRIFORCE89...all in capitals. I keep using the name because I made a slight name for myself at those forums, although I've now left them...I like to continue to hold on to one of the few things that didn't go sour (and anyone who knows, what I'm talking about...that pun was intended...).

Mullet
November 6th, 2004, 09:57 AM
It's because I have a nullet, and all my friends, and others call me mullet, and or Mullet Man.

Kyosuke
November 6th, 2004, 12:54 PM
I just thought of LiquidThunder, because I thought that it sounded cool XD, everywhere I go, I always use this name.

Geometric-sama
November 7th, 2004, 03:30 PM
I've answered this question so many times but I'll say it again....

June 2002. I was sick of the name "Pikachu11", it was so generic! I'd just seen Star Wars Episode II (still the only one I've seen); obsessed with lightsabres, total coolness XD. Hence the Jedi. Plus I was going through the Sailor Moon stage that all 12-year-old girls go through, Amara = my favourite Sailor Scout. And there you have it XD. I'm getting a bit sick of this name too but... *shrugs*

Pokemaster10000
November 8th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Andu: I don't know if this was heard on PC or not (if Renny posted about me then more or less he called me this). Renny (Dusty Pikachu) was talking on MSN one day with me and a few others and he made a typo. He ment to put "Andy" but he made it "Andu". So it stuck with him and now he calls me Andu on MSN. XD

Well, I can relate.
If you see anyone calling Andt, it's gotta two other people behind this.
This started when some member..(Karli XD) made a typo and walla!....4 other people starts calling me that. XD They added another part to the name but I don't wanna get to that. XD
Ah see what I meant when I said "We make perfect evil twins"? XD

As for me, I picked Pokemaster10000 because well....I couldn't make a better name up and Pokemaster just sounded nice for me at that time. And the 10000 number, that was just random. But I do use 10000 in most of the accounts.

*~Ashley~*
November 8th, 2004, 04:53 PM

Oh, so that's why Ren always called you "Andu." I assumed it was because of a typo but I was never really sure about it, lol.

As for me... I don't know where mine came from. I made it up back in 7th grade as my screen name for AIM and it just kinda stuck. Those annoying numbers that everyone hates are my birthday. And I hate snow so I don't really know where the snowangel part came from... I guess it just sounded pretty or something. And that's like, the 5th time I've explained this on PC x_x

Miyu-chan
November 8th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Miyu's my real life name, lol.

...J/K...

Okay... Miyu was the name of a character in an RPG that I was in. xD She was the complete opposite of me, but she has a pretty name. =] And I added the "-chan" partly because Miyu was too boring and I was influenced by Kairi's old nickname. xD;

Kayleigh
November 8th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Well, Kayleigh is actually my real name. ^_^; All of the other nicknames that I had thought of before I joined seemed a bit boring, so I just chose to use my real name because it would never really get old. (I'm stuck with it the rest of my life anyway, lol.) Plus, it's a bit unique and no one else had used it, so I figured it'd be a nice choice!

Timbjerr
November 8th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Like MCD, mine is based off of my very first E-mail address that I got right around when I turned 10. I was only 10 and I wasn't able to identify anything interestng to call myself in my e-mail adress, so I did what every little kid does: type in their initials. XD I later received a message that said "'tmb' is too shor of a usename. all usernames must be at least 7 characters long." I then decided to add "jr" on the end to signify that I am a junior (as in named after my father) and added "_87" after that to reflect my year of birth. Since I started joining forums shortly after that, I just stuck to my email address, with a few variations (such as dropping the last 3 characters altogether as I am here, changing "87" to "05" to reflect my year of graduation, or throwing in the name of my favorite band/pokmon/food somewhere. XD)

Flaming Torchic
November 8th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Well, I tried getting Torchic as my username, but it was taken, so I thought of the first adverb that came to mind (which was "Flaming"). So then, I just put "Flaming" infront of "Torchic" and VIOLA! FT was born.

PikaPal
November 8th, 2004, 08:37 PM
I got mine from Pikachu being my favorite (next to Rapidash!) and since Pikachu's my bestfriend (if he was really real!;)), I got PikaPal!

Tzuri17
November 9th, 2004, 10:03 AM
I got my nickname from my head (:

Kelsey
November 9th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Well, Kelsey is my real name, plus it just suits me for a forum name as well as an everyday name. I got sick of Pikawolf after a while. ><

~Kelsey

Geometric-sama
November 9th, 2004, 05:32 PM
My chat nickname of GreatKawaiiPenguin was from Neo on #miska, when I entered the room he said I was the Great Kawaii Penguin so I took it from there :P

Jazzy
November 10th, 2004, 05:53 PM
That's an interesting question. Would you believe me if I told you that I don't know? =P No, my name isn't Jasmine.

nadan the water queen
November 10th, 2004, 06:20 PM
wellll.....my element is water. i love water, yet it scares me. i wish i could breathe in it. go 2 www.quizilla.com 2 take a million different quizes!!!, this place rox!