PDA

View Full Version : The most romantic expression you've heard~

Forever
April 30th, 2010, 08:57 PM
The red string of fate, also referred to as the red thread of destiny, red thread of fate, and other variants, is an East Asian belief originating from Chinese legend and is also used in Japanese legend. According to this myth, the gods tie an invisible red string around the ankles of men and women who are destined to be soul mates and will one day marry each other.

The above quote from wiki is the most romantic thing I've read about. But yeah, what's the most romantic expression/statement/word you've heard besides the word "love"?

RuRuBell
April 30th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Well, this is more of a gesture, I guess...

I was listening to classical radio once, and a man sent in a request for Ravel's Bolero to be played for his wife. It was his birthday, and he wanted to dedicate that song to his wife for being the best thing he had ever received.

I'm not really a romantic person, but I thought it was so lovely.

EmeraldSerenade
April 30th, 2010, 09:28 PM
"Do you know CPR?, because you take my breath away."

Haha, its a bit corny, but I thought it was cute ^^
I know its not really a "quote" but its just some silly love catch phrase :3

Cassino
April 30th, 2010, 10:54 PM
"Do you know CPR?, because you take my breath away."
I love how erroneous that line is, CPR is meant to give breath.

Rucario
May 1st, 2010, 07:04 AM
"Is your father a baker, because you have nice buns."

Weird.

Noah Ridgewood
May 1st, 2010, 08:45 AM
I found something on MyLifeIsAverage a few months back and bookmarked it. Here's what it said:

"Today I went to the movies with my boyfriend for a date. He showed up with what looked like a black scribble on his cheek. He told me it was a secret message. I bent in to read it, and got as far as "if you can read this, you are about to be-" before he swooped in and kissed me. It was my first kiss. MLIA."

To me, though that doesn't sound very realistic (but it could be!), that seems very romantic and easily gets the title for the most romantic expression I've ever read.

Anxiety.
May 1st, 2010, 09:23 AM
"I used to not care about you. Now you've got under my skin and climbed your way to the top of the list of people I care about the most. I don't mind, though"

My friend said it to me. I guess it's not all that romantic, but I found it so cute. She's not the type to ever tell anyone if she thinks well of them.

RYOUKI
May 1st, 2010, 10:43 AM
"That is all I have. My beloved father, my cute junior... and the stars. Of course, I do have my foul mouth and sharp tongue." - Hitagi Senjougahara.

I found it kinda lame I quoted that from an anime, but it was the most romantic I have eve heard.

Eternal Nightmare
May 1st, 2010, 11:07 AM
Romantic expressions??? -thinks hard- Oh I got one...I said this my friend and I think she thought it was sweet.

"This world is full of idiots and among some of them are plenty at this school, but you will always be my #1 idiot."

Isn't that sweet or what :D. I'm such the romantic lmao.

poopnoodle
May 1st, 2010, 11:34 AM
for lack of motivation/ability to recall every single conversation with my love, his simple compliments ('ur beAutiful' etc) and expression of interest in being emotionally intimate stand out to me and are better / more genuine than any trite or poetic phrase found in romance novels.

Ninja Caterpie
May 1st, 2010, 03:52 PM
I love how erroneous that line is, CPR is meant to give breath.

That's the point; your breath has been taken away and you need CPR.

Tater Tot
May 1st, 2010, 08:52 PM
"I'll take you to the candy shop, I'll let you lick my lollipop."

ANARCHit3cht
May 1st, 2010, 09:05 PM
Uhm.. probably a forward that I get like ten of everyday.

Boy says the girl isn't pretty, he wouldn't cry if she died etc.. but she is beautiful and he would die etc..

God
May 1st, 2010, 09:08 PM
Did you just fart, because you blew me away~

Wings Don't Cry
May 1st, 2010, 11:43 PM
Once in English we had to brainstorm what we though 'love' was. One guy in my class came up with "Love is when I see you smile".

Dukey
May 2nd, 2010, 12:20 AM
"I'm so glad I met you"

Said by JD in Scrubs xD
Seriously, that's one kick-ass line.

ILoveDragonite
May 2nd, 2010, 03:39 AM
I know a great way to burn off the calories in that pastry you just ate.