PDA

View Full Version : My wallet got jacked. D=

Dakota
May 4th, 2010, 03:29 PM
New York slang

Jacked means stolen, just so you know.

A few days ago, one of my friends 'jacked' my wallet during school lunch. I managed to retrieve it, though I appear to be missing change. >_> So I got curious about what you guys do

Have you ever gotten something stolen from you?
What did you do when it got stolen if it got stolen at all?
Do you bare a grudge on the culprit?

Narcissus Secret
May 4th, 2010, 03:33 PM
My iPod was stolen. I know who did it, but people refuse to do anything. I don't like that person as much as I used to, but we are still friends. I will attempt to get it back.. the reason it isn't a big deal is because I paid no money for it.... so yeah.

RuRuBell
May 4th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Jacked is New York slang? I never knew that, people say it here too.

Nice friends you have there...

Once I made a whale plushie for my final art project. Since I fail at sewing, it was horribly done and falling apart. My teacher was NOT impressed, lol. Anyway, after my exams, I went to pick it up. It wasn't there. A girl in the class told me she just saw someone walk out of the class with it. Well, it was such a piece of junk that I didn't really care. Actually, I was a little flattered that someone liked it enough to steal it.

Dakota
May 4th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Jacked is New York slang? I never knew that, people say it here too.

Nice friends you have there...

I always thought of it as, though I am most likely wrong. As usual. xD

Haha, he jacked it, but he was playing around. He gave it back to me... though I don't know about the change...

Ninja Caterpie
May 4th, 2010, 10:39 PM
I'm pretty sure "carjacking" is a universal English word meaning to steal a car, so jacking should, by extension, universally mean "stealing" as well. w/e

I don't get stuff stolen because i have nothing worth stealing. I do get paranoid sometimes, though.

Zeffy
May 5th, 2010, 01:33 AM
The only things that are being stolen from me are my pens. :O
I just buy a new one, because I have lots of money its just a pen.

Although,
My brother's GBA SP was stolen by our cousin's maid. From then on, we never talk to our cousin's family again. except on facebook :P

Rucario
May 5th, 2010, 02:28 AM
I have gotten something stolen. In fact, it was with my friend. We were walking down his street and my backpack, with a pack of gum, two large packs of sour patch kids, (Or something useless like that) was on my back. Well, a man came out of a car that was on the side of the road, and tried to grab my school bag. Yes, you may think "Hm, the backpack had nothing worth carrying, why try to fight?" it's because it's not about the things in it, it's about the backpack. It's not worth it, but I enjoy that fight. So I continued fighting with him for at least five seconds until my friend went and tackled the man into his car, which looked quite expensive. It left a nice dent right in the side door. The man kicked my friend in the face and pulled out a handgun and put 7 shots into him. I took a large rock and threw it at the man. He fell to the ground, leaving the handgun where he was just standing. I kicked the gun and ran behind his car. He came over and I ran over the car. I knew that if I left my friend, Tim, he'd be gone because that jackass would take the evidence away. So I had to take him and drag him back once a neighbor opened a door to see what was going on. I had to drag his body to the person's house and they called the cops. Luckily they knew who it was, and they found the bastard.

curiousnathan
May 5th, 2010, 02:55 AM
Well it is funny you say that, because someone has stolen my pen just now and I have my suspisions..
Anyway, where I live we call it the "Lebanese Style" of "Taxing" things.

Cherrim
May 5th, 2010, 06:42 AM
I don't think anything has ever been stolen from me while I was in the vicinity or anything. :/ I take great care to pay attention to my things when I'm out. My cell phone might've been stolen when I was in grade 10 but it's equally likely that I lost it, haha. So no grudge to bear there.

:| Definitely had money stolen from me last year, though. My debit card was skimmed at (what I assume was) Best Buy. I never got that $1.5k back. >_>;; I don't hold a grudge against who skimmed it but I'm pissed off at my bank for not giving me the money back. It made last semester very, very down to the wire for living expenses. (I'm so glad my tax return came at a good time or I might not have been able to afford bills in my last month. D:)

Eternal Nightmare
May 5th, 2010, 08:14 AM
When I was in the 7th grade this girl jacked both my Rave Master mangas D: and I confronted her and she was acting like she didn't know where they were. I don't bear grudges against anyone so I easily let stuff like that go, but that doesn't mean I wasn't pissed off. I also had minor thinks stolen from me as well I.e mechanical pencils, pens, paper xD, and even a box of cookies...weird.

Esper
May 5th, 2010, 09:38 AM
I had my bicycle stolen last year. It was a cheap-ish $100 bike so not very expensive to replace, but I needed it to get around and I didn't have time to get a new one for a while. I was more angry than I would have been if I'd had something more expensive but less valuable stolen, if you get what I mean.

Fernando
May 5th, 2010, 09:40 AM
I've gotten my Pokémon games stolen multiple times by a close family friend(not so much any more),I was really pissed since I also got my current progress erased. I found out a few years ago. Other than that nothing really else.

Doppelgänger
May 5th, 2010, 11:25 AM
I am pretty sure that I have never had anything stolen from me. (that I remember at least.) If I were to have something stolen from me, well it would depend on who did it. If I knew who did it, I would probably hold a grudge, if I didn't know who did it, well whats the point?

hiphiphippo
May 5th, 2010, 12:05 PM
i dont recall getting things stolen often, but when i was in 1st grade, a kid stole my blue eyes white dragon yu-gi-oh card and i hated him for it D: LOL

my niece also takes a bunch of my stuff, and depending on its value to me, i might not care or i'll get mad
she also knows how to lie at the ages of 3 so that doesnt help D:

my brother and his roommate also got a bunch of money stolen from their dorm since their other roommate didnt lock it, but that's their problem..

Sammi
May 5th, 2010, 12:15 PM
I can't think of anything that was stolen from me. Which is kind of amazing, sometimes I can be a ditz.

I have loaned stuff out and never gotten them back, though. I blame myself for that, for not being diligent enough to make sure I got it back. ^^;;

Yusshin
May 5th, 2010, 12:35 PM
"Jacked" in Canada means "stabbed" lol I seriously thought your wallet got stabbed XD I was like whut?

I had my Pokemon Pikachu 2 stolen in Grade 6. I was very upset about that ): I also had my Geovanni's Nidoqueen card stolen; I know who did it, since he was at my desk when we were told to switch desks lol and it was in there before I switched, so.

In grade 3, my first bicycle was stolen a week after my birthday :|