• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ops I!, Did it again to your heart..

Umbreon_

muwahh
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 21, 2010
What do you think for the ones who don't take serious relationships? (a.k.a.boyfriends,girlfriends)

Discuss.

Last edited:

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
Years
You mean when someone is with another just for fun, and wouldn't really care if they broke up. I think that's fine, if both people in the relationship agree and are fine with that. But if it's only one sided, and the other person thinks your serious (I don't even think I spelt that right), it's not ok.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I sorta agree, some of the pointless relationships that have undergone lately are ridiculous. In my opinion. Why waste your time, I dont want to condridict myself but considering that I have seen some good relationships, me not an expert myself though.

But, some disadvantaged kids need relationships to help them eiher 'fit in' or need special attention. An example; One of my friendshas no dad, but has a step dad which she hates, and he treats her terribly. She ggoes out with alot of boys just to recieve the make attention she wants that she did get from a caring,kind and generous loving dad. But I warn her though she is going to get hurt sooner or later but that need is to strong to simply control.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
You think someone is stupid because they don't want the same thing as you? Sorry, but I personally think that's stupid.

And all for them, I suppose. If someone doesn't want something, then I'd respect them a whole lot more if they just ended the relationship. Better than cheating.

Years
You mean when someone is with another just for fun, and wouldn't really care if they broke up. I think that's fine, if both people in the relationship agree and are fine with that. But if it's only one sided, and the other person thinks your serious (I don't even think I spelt that right), it's not ok.
This is what I think, pretty much. As long as the feelings are mutual, it doesn't matter how serious or strong those feelings are. As long as both know it's just for fun, then why not.
I sorta agree, some of the pointless relationships that have undergone lately are ridiculous. In my opinion. Why waste your time, I dont want to condridict myself but considering that I have seen some good relationships, me not an expert myself though.

But, some disadvantaged kids need relationships to help them eiher 'fit in' or need special attention. An example; One of my friendshas no dad, but has a step dad which she hates, and he treats her terribly. She ggoes out with alot of boys just to recieve the make attention she wants that she did get from a caring,kind and generous loving dad. But I warn her though she is going to get hurt sooner or later but that need is to strong to simply control.
This psychoanalysis makes you sound really jealous. Just saying.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
To each their own.

I would personally never do that. A relationship should always be a serious commitment, and not a title or a way to get free, legit sex.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016

Pretty much this. If you both want a one night stand, great, have fun. If you both want a full on serious commitment, great I wish you both well.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Oops has two o's

I don't like it. =(

Your supposed to be spending time with the person of your dreams. To just be like "Eh, that's nice, when can I play COD?" is cold hearted, and will likely become into a dumping... which that guy/girl rightfully deserves.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Personally, one of the main reasons I avoided getting into relationships (apart from two I've been in) was because I felt like I wouldn't have been able to have a future with that person. I was talking to a psychologist about this when she came over to my house to talk to my dad about some things, since they're good friends it seems, she's trying to get some help for my brothers behavior problems. Anyway, I was explaining to her that if I can't see myself with that person, or can expect to see myself with that person all throughout and after high school, after everything that can happen, I don't want to start a relationship with them.

My first relationship was something that lasted a week. We slowly started to not talking each other. I didn't want to have that happen again and a lot of people I know just go into relationships for one of three reasons. One, of course, they actually care about the other person and can see something come out of it. Second, because they want to look cool by having a "boo" around their arms walking the halls with. Finally, because they're looking for fun and not a relationship. That's perfectly fine with me so long as I'm out of it.

I'm in a relationship somewhat right now with someone I can see something come out of. I actually dream we get married sometimes and she's always on my mind when I'm upset. A lot of our friends say that we're just like eachother because most of our friends know of the other person (ie: my friends know of her, her friends know of me). Sure it's a long distant relationship, but I'm sure something will come out of it.

I personally think I have a more mature outlook on relationships than other kids in my school that are my age. And that's pretty bad for those who are 18 years old. But like I said, it's their choice in what they want out of a relationship. I'm not one to say that people who aren't looking for a true relationship are in any wrong. As many others have stated, to each their own.

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
Years
You can always jump out the train (break up).
No one will walk over you without your permission, that's the most true cliché in the world applied to relationships.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
It's not for me, but others might have fun with it. If I'm gona have a relationship, I want one with MEANING to it. Otherwise I don't feel like I could trust the other person and it'd just be a waste of time.

Melody

Banned
Years
The way I see it is that it's not wrong to have relationships that are somewhat meaningless. As log as the both of you feel the same way about each other, it's just fine. I will say it's important in any kind of relationship, no matter where it lies on the scale of friendship/romance, to be honest about how you feel about each other.

With that being said, as far as romance goes, it is kinda wrong to lead someone on.

Despite that, It's perfectly ok to have one-night stands if you're not otherwise committed to another mate. (as in single and bored XD)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

With that being said, as far as romance goes, it is kinda wrong to lead someone on.

Kinda? So you're saying it's somewhat right? No, it should be completely wrong. Playing with peoples emotions, joking, toying around, pretending you like someone when you really don't, thinking it's just some big joke, that's bad. Backing away when you're asked how you feel and saying you might when you don't really, then disappearing randomly when you're confronted, still doing the same thing after the confrontations and returning...

Even pretending to care about people and be friends with them, when you aren't really, is wrong. People just end up thinking negatively, sucked back into the hole.. the cycle. Like some thrill seeker, or some psycho maniac. Making the person believe you were a good person, when you really aren't. It's just not right. Nobody should lead anyone on, even in friendships, but in this case, especially not romantically.

Also, the "you" isn't aimed at you, John. Just a "you" in general I guess.

Anyway, I was explaining to her that if I can't see myself with that person, or can expect to see myself with that person all throughout and after high school, after everything that can happen, I don't want to start a relationship with them.

^ Replace high school with Internet, then that's what I realised recently (as in like a month ago.)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
It's not for me, but others might have fun with it. If I'm gona have a relationship, I want one with MEANING to it. Otherwise I don't feel like I could trust the other person and it'd just be a waste of time.
What she said. Exactly that.

I look for something meaningful (not necessarily permanent; different things), not just a fling. Doesn't mean something meaningful can't be fun though.

Last edited:
Years
Christ. How many relationship threads do you people want?!

I don't take relationships seriously. I am too young to do such a thing. Yes, you might not think 20 is young, but I don't want some stupid woman asking me where I am going, what I am doing and having to include her all the time in my activities.
I want to enjoy my life before I settle down with someone who will make my life miserable.

RuRuBell

Beeef
Years
I don't think I could personally be able to do it. Neither would I be able to toy with someone who likes me, nor would I want him to do that to me. I'd want to be in a relationship that I can actually see going somewhere...
Though I guess no one's a mind reader, eh? :S

But that being said, if other people like it, why not? They're dooing whatever makes them happy. As long as they don't hurt other people in the process, it's okay.

Years
I used to be in a relationship with a guy where I fell in love with him, and he wouldn't even care if I died. He asked me to have sex with him, I said no, he said "I love you. Can we have sex now?", I obviously said no, then he dumped me at Christmas and broke my heart.
*Sings that song that goes "Last year I gave you my heart, but you just gave it away"*
So, I'm not a fan of flings. I think they do more harm than good.
Right now, I'm in a very serious relationship with the love of my life. And neither of us want it any other way.

The Kidd

Godly Breeder
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 19, 2013
To each their own.

I would personally never do that. A relationship should always be a serious commitment, and not a title or a way to get free, legit sex.

Wow...I didn't know that by just being in a relationship for fun, I am inclined to have sex. People can be in a "non-serious" relationship just to hang out, someone they can have fun with, laugh and cry to. Not necessarily doing bad things.

When you're a teen, you don't expect it to end up being in a long term thing. If that one person you're with happens to be the one for you...your soul-mate, true love...whatever... then good for you. Go get a cookie.

If not, it was a nice run. You just have to suck it up and move on to the next person... there isn't enough time in the world to just lay in bed moping around. Think of it as a new experience gained.

My point is a relationship doesn't have to be a serious commitment. I don't mean they can go cheat or something. Think of it like 500 Days of Summer (<3 crazy awesome movie)

livelyhans

Verdanturf Town Trainer
Years
if we make a relationship we must take it seriously because we deal a commitment..
don't rush your couple to be yours.. just let the couple feel pleasure when he/she with you.. :t334: ugh.. i think i fall in love with my crush again...:embarrass :embarrass

so love your crush i mean love your couple... don't rush ur couple to be yours.. slow but sure..and u'll have the best relationship ever..^^ :t124:(muachh.. kiss from jynx..lol)

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
if we make a relationship we must take it seriously because we deal a commitment..
don't rush your couple to be yours.. just let the couple feel pleasure when he/she with you.. :t334: ugh.. i think i fall in love with my crush again...:embarrass :embarrass

so love your crush i mean love your couple... don't rush ur couple to be yours.. slow but sure..and u'll have the best relationship ever..^^ :t124:(muachh.. kiss from jynx..lol)

Bolded are the lines I actually understood of that statement.

Back