PDA

View Full Version : What's the most annoying sound have you ever heard?

Zeffy
May 6th, 2010, 05:53 AM
Self-explanatory titles are self-explanatory.

For me its when you scratch the chalkboard/glass. Its just so annoying that I couldn't stand it. ;-;

Sorta like this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxd3-ie49ok&feature=related

TziporaBatBinyamin
May 6th, 2010, 07:54 AM
The sound of people eatting really loud and swallowing. Flipping hate it!

EDITED: Oh! And the sound when people scraps knives and forks off their teeth.

Yusshin
May 6th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Hmm... Probably the sound of nails / forks on the chalkboard.

For a less "popular" answer, it'd be the sound of my sister whining about how 100$ for hairdye a month on a single paycheck salary is "normal" or something similar. Spoiled brat.

Porygon-Z
May 6th, 2010, 08:49 AM

EDITED: Oh! And the sound when people scraps knives and forks off their teeth.

Yes, noisy eaters are the worst!!
If it were up to me I'd have all of their jaws wired shut!

KinaWolf24
May 6th, 2010, 10:03 AM
My brother is a noisy eater. Next to that, you've got one of my classmate's sneeze. Its not a sneeze at all. It's more like a "I wish I were a sneeze". She does it about 8 times in a row. By the end of it, I want to yell at her: "SNEEZE ALREADY!"
XD
Kina

hiphiphippo
May 6th, 2010, 11:29 AM
For me its when you scratch the chalkboard/glass. Its just so annoying that I couldn't stand it. ;-;

those. up there ^^^

also, my niece plays with one of those party things where you blow into it and it's like -noise-
well when she plays with that it sounds like she's yelling for help when she really isnt, which bugs me ;-;

i also dislike vacuums and lawn mowers. especially in the morning while you're trying to sleep ._.

Lucy Lu
May 6th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Scratching your nails on the chalkboard or glass is a sound I don't like. Car alarms have an annoying sound, can't stand them. Someone trying to talk to an intercom and the static causing scratching and ringing sounds. That sound is so annoying. x.x

And I think that is all I can think of.

mondays suck
May 6th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Either the classical chalkboard-getting-scratched-with-something-sound, or my own alarm clock. Both for rather obvious reasons.

Zeta Patchouli
May 6th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Manaphy in anything. I hate the thing so much, it literally gives me headaches when I hear anything that comes out of its mouth. I'd prefer the screeching chalkboard to that thing.

Sammi
May 6th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Alarm clocks. So annoying, that 9 times out of 10 I'll wake up before them just to avoid the BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP... although part of it might be I just don't like being woken up suddenly by an alarm, because I still wake up to avoid my cell phone, which uses a different sound for an alarm. The classic alarm, though, still grates on me. There's a reason I don't use my alarm clock to wake me up...

Most assortments of high-pitched screeching sound annoys me, too. Ugh, chalkboard... *shudder*

EmeraldSerenade
May 6th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Chalkboard Sound ._.
I tend to die when I hear that.

Kura
May 6th, 2010, 04:34 PM
The voice of the below person IRL.

lol Nah.. just kidding. But it's whistling. I can't stand it. It's a pet peeve :/

DoctorFred
May 6th, 2010, 05:12 PM
I hate those little tiny dogs who have that annoying, high-pitched bark...

jigglyppuff8
May 6th, 2010, 05:55 PM
The most painful sound for me to hear is metal or rock scratching. So screechy. ;;

Most annoying sound is a tie between my cousin's "IMMA BECOME A CELEBRITY" singing voice or my parents'/grandmother's "MY COUNTRY IS BETTER THAN THIS COUNTRY".

Åzurε
May 6th, 2010, 06:06 PM
The annoying electronic whine that I can only hear standing near our ancient monster television, or biting down on a popsicle stick. *shiver* Nobody else I know responds to it, but just thinking about it replicates the response. It's halfway between a shiver, teeth grinding, and one's hair standing on end. It sucks.

HEY, LISTEN! I found a trope (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MostAnnoyingSound)!

TziporaBatBinyamin
May 7th, 2010, 03:28 AM
i also dislike vacuums and lawn mowers. especially in the morning while you're trying to sleep ._.

Any noise in the morning when you are trying to sleep is annoying. LOL

We used to have a lady to who lived below us and EVERY morning she would make a smoothy in a blender... ARGH! And she would push stuff down forcing it in to the blades the noise would be louder. Dam Women!

G-d punished her for it :) Her roof fell in about 3 months ago :)

Chiku Hamasaki
May 7th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Chalkboard noise.
UM, that high pitched noise that people play from their cellphones. >___< UGH i hate that noise with a passion!

&well, i'm not trying to be rude, but when people have their music so loud so that other people can hear them, that is truly annoying. Some people don't wanna hear it. x__x Especially not when their on the other side of the classroom.

Danikamakaze
May 7th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Alarm clocks. So annoying, that 9 times out of 10 I'll wake up before them just to avoid the BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP... although part of it might be I just don't like being woken up suddenly by an alarm, because I still wake up to avoid my cell phone, which uses a different sound for an alarm. The classic alarm, though, still grates on me. There's a reason I don't use my alarm clock to wake me up...

Most assortments of high-pitched screeching sound annoys me, too. Ugh, chalkboard... *shudder*

I do that! Alarm clocks annoy me so much I wake up and quickly shut mine off, hence why I am 9/10ths of the time late to college haha!

>> Now this is going to sound weird but there's a noise happens if you chew on a towl, it's like a squeaky noise, I HATE that.

The annoying electronic whine that I can only hear standing near our ancient monster television, or biting down on a popsicle stick. *shiver* Nobody else I know responds to it, but just thinking about it replicates the response. It's halfway between a shiver, teeth grinding, and one's hair standing on end. It sucks.

Woah! I thought I was the only one, chewing on popsicle sticks makes me cold shiver haha, or thinking about it x_x

Ambellina
May 7th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Small kids whining/crying because they don't get what they want. & the parents act like NOTHING IS WRONG!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
May 7th, 2010, 07:09 AM
"Pika-Pi!" from the Pokemon anime is the worst by far.

But I also hate those small, souped-up compact cars with the engines that make that high pitched buzzing noise. Seriously, it doesn't make you sound cool; it makes you sound like you've been neglecting some basic car maintenance.

Also, most any sound my computer fan makes really grates on my nerves.

Crystal Glaceon
May 7th, 2010, 07:14 AM
My laptop fan runs and makes a noise like it's about to blow -_-;; it's pretty annoying. When my cellphone is dieing it makes a high-pitched chirping noise that really grates my nerves

RuRuBell
May 7th, 2010, 07:17 AM
I gotta agree with OP, chalkboard noise makes me sick to my stomach. Similar to that, when someone scrapes their fingers across a fabric couch. Ugh!

The 'alarm' when your Pokemon is low on health is REALLY annyoing, too.

Eternal Nightmare
May 7th, 2010, 08:27 AM
My mom and little brothers smacking <_<

Also the sound of chalk scrapping against a chalkboard is very ear shattering D:

Oh I hate high pitched noise like a scream or something and like my mechanical pencils makes this squeaky noise when I write them sometimes. Lastly, the loud whining of a baby is super annoying.

Bluerang1
May 7th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Metal clashing. I don't know if it's annoying as to sends that chill down your body. It's the reason why I can't bite a spoon *eek*

"Pika-Pi!" from the Pokemon anime is the worst by far.

▲And that xD

Dakota
May 7th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Other then hearing my sister crying when I wake up? Eh, I'll have to say nails scratching a chalkboard. It just makes my inside go crazy. =(

daigonite
May 7th, 2010, 02:38 PM
I think we all know the answer to this:
MUD! KIP!
Lather, rinse, repeat.

Mattysaurus
May 7th, 2010, 07:22 PM
^This.

It sounds like they are cows. OMNOMNOMNO--NO, JUST NO! D:<

mustafa505
May 8th, 2010, 07:53 PM
when people move the metal chair from a glass type floor the voice crr.. tr... kills my teeth
my body shatters

Moltres111
May 9th, 2010, 02:23 AM

^ this

My father does it ALL the effing time and it pisses me off. I hate the sound of it.. this is part of the reason why I get out of bed really late on school days. I've heard that disgusting sound too many times already. :L

Binary
May 9th, 2010, 04:30 AM
The sound of the alarm clock in the morning when my sleep feels so wonderful :<

MiniM00se
May 9th, 2010, 09:05 AM
^This.

It sounds like they are cows. OMNOMNOMNO--NO, JUST NO! D:<
Instead of doing that, whenever my brother eats something, he goes "Mmmmm mmm mmmm.... MMMMM!!!!" Not on purpose! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!?!

when people move the metal chair from a glass type floor the voice crr.. tr... kills my teeth
my body shatters
Yesh.
And the bristles on the old brooms scraping against hard concrete >.<

Zorua
May 9th, 2010, 03:45 PM
The squeaking sound from my computer chair and the beeping sound when your Pokemon is at low health. I have patience for the former, but not enough for the latter.

Both irritate me nonetheless.

Rucario
May 9th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Justin Bieber's voice....

The Corrupt Plague
May 9th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I'm surprised no one mentioned babies because if there is one sound I can't stand, that is it. I feel very sorry for people from the time before the MP3 player was invented because it is hell on Earth going out in public and hearing them scream almost nonstop.

WolfgangWhiplash
May 9th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Metalcore and emo rock.

Now, on a more serious stance, my sister crying is really annoying. That, and the sound of a cheap guitar/bass amp when you're not playing anything.

It's like EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

BHwolfgang
May 9th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Ms. EchoPigeon

I'd have to agree and say that the nails-on-chalkboard is the most annoying noise one could ever hear. It always send a cold shiver down my spine.

Guillermo
May 9th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Um, I don't really hear any sounds I hate. If I've ever heard one it's Gavin and his singing. jk. <3

Probably that Mosquito ringtone thing.

Dukey
May 9th, 2010, 09:47 PM
I think we all know the answer to this:
MUD! KIP!
Lather, rinse, repeat.

This. That thing would seriously drive me crazy.

Patchisou Yutohru
May 10th, 2010, 03:18 PM
One of my best friend's high shrieking scream. It's ear numbing. I recorded her and she even said it herself that that's probably one of the most annoying sounds she's ever heard. As for me, I know it's the most annoying sound I've ever heard. That's a fact for the books.