PDA

View Full Version : Post Ninjas

Yusshin
May 6th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Lols. Just a few curious questions for the community about post ninjas.

- Have you ever been ninja'd?
- Do you ninja others?
- When you're ninja'd, do you delete your post or leave it there?
- If you leave it there, do you edit and say something like "[Username] ninja'd me"?
- If you could design a Post Ninja costume, what would it look like?

XD

I've been ninja'd, yes, by the HGSS mod'. I've ninja'd the HGSS mods, too. I leave the post because that's still +1 post count (and it's helpful anyway). I usually edit the post anyway and say "Ninja'd."

A Post Ninja costume? Hrm... it'd have to be pink, bright, and the exact opposite of the shady colours a ninja should wear. They would also wear a bandana on their head with a big fat "L" stitched in black >>

:P

Melody
May 6th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Yes, but I don't mind. xD
- Do you ninja others?
Not intentionally.
I leave it. No point in deleting it.
- If you leave it there, do you edit and say something like "[Username] ninja'd me"?
Rarely. Usually only in a counting threads. I never add "[Username] ninja'd me" as it's pointless...I just update my post to reflect the previous post.
...It'd be bright pink and skintight.

donavannj
May 6th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Happens all the time. XD;

- Do you ninja others?
This happens more than the above. XD;

I leave it there and modify it.

Well, depends on the discussion and whether or not they said what I was about to say.

Um... a vibrant red and blue outfit... and armed with a giant balloon weapon, like a baseball bat or a hammer. :D

Åzurε
May 6th, 2010, 08:38 PM
- Have you ever been ninja'd? That I have.
- Do you ninja others? You of all people should know. >:3
- When you're ninja'd, do you delete your post or leave it there? Leave it.
- If you leave it there, do you edit and say something like "[Username] ninja'd me"? Yes ah du.
- If you could design a Post Ninja costume, what would it look like? Purple, the preferred color of fictional ninjas. Not plain, because that would make it too easy to hide. How else would anyone know if you ninja'd them? Oh! Oh! It's time for a theme change!

EDIT: Seeeeee? Need a higher-quality picture, maybe.

loliwin
May 6th, 2010, 10:10 PM
I have on another forum. :(
- Do you ninja others?
Yes, its really funny! XD
I post saying I got ninja'd, with a rage emoticon. XD
I say it on the post. XD
A costume that is transparent. :D ooooooo

SIN1488
May 7th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Yes, >_< Too many times.....
- Do you ninja others?
Yes, and it's hilarious when the person below me says almost exactly the same thing. :D
I just leave it, it's not that big of a deal.
I usually edit it and say, >:/ I was ninja'd......
What the...... I guess it would just be a bunch of throwing stars embedded into the costume, showing that they got ninja'd.

Cassino
May 7th, 2010, 04:14 AM
I feel you could do with explaining what post ninjaing is. I've been here almost four years and still hell if I know.

Code
May 7th, 2010, 04:25 AM
Lol, a person who posts right before you do is a ninja. Not if he/she was just the previous poster, but if he/she cuts you off when you press the "Post" button.

I iz not good at teh esplaining. =S

- Do you ninja others?
1. Yes I have. I usually post in active threads, so this happens often.
2. Why, yes. Yes I do. And I also EDIT my post to include a ninja blade. I then say;
NINJAR BLADE OF AWESOME!!!!
<-----------------|iiiiii
XD
AlSO: I once split a Mod's post in two!
This is what the screen looked like:

Posted by Moderator
Posted by Code
Posted by Moderator

And the two posts were identical!
Maybe I just cloned the post?
Nah, slicing it in two with a sword sounds cooler. XD

3. Leave it and edit it. I post in counting threads, so that is necessary.
4. I edit my post and put the previous poster post into account when doing so, either by quoting and answering questions/debates, or by adding his/her name.
5. It would be a rainbow robot ninja.....=D

It would be ironic if I got ninja'd in this thread right now....And I probably will be, since I took a while making this post. XD

EDIT: Nope, I was wrong.

Cherrim
May 7th, 2010, 04:40 AM
Have you ever been ninja'd?
Sure, all the time. I can be a slow typist. XD; Or I'll type a post and juuust as I'm hitting reply, I'll notice like 4 other people viewing the thread with me and of course, once the post goes through, 3 of them have replied, hahaha.

Do you ninja others?
Yup. :> If I notice a thread in Q&F first, I can usually get in a concise answer before people show up with guesses or tl;dr answers that are the same as mine. 8)

When you're ninja'd, do you delete your post or leave it there?
Unless my post expands on something already said, I'll delete it usually with a "GOSH I AM SO SLOW" notice.

If you leave it there, do you edit and say something like "[Username] ninja'd me"?
When I do leave it there and it's pretty much the same post as someone has already made (or if I take so long that someone has already closed it by the time I post and I break that lock), then I'll usually edit with... something similar to the deletion reason I'd leave. XD;

If you could design a Post Ninja costume, what would it look like?
Cherrim print flannel pyjamas. Because it would be comfy and cute. 8)

Cassino
May 7th, 2010, 04:53 AM
Lol, a person who posts right before you do is a ninja. Not if he/she was just the previous poster, but if he/she cuts you off when you press the "Post" button.

I iz not good at teh esplaining. =S
Oh that. I call that 'beaten by X', usually to answer a question.

By mountains of people at a time. I can take a very long time indeed to post some things so it's not too surprising.

- Do you ninja others?
Not consciously.

I'll delete the post if it's no longer relevant, but otherwise no.

No.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
May 7th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Yes, mostly in TCTI and DLTMSA.

- Do you ninja others?
Probably, though never intentionally... probably xD

It remains there.

Yes, I edit my post if I have been ninja'd.

Um... just a black ninja outfit? lol

Sammi
May 7th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Back when I answered CQ&F threads and posted in some games, yes. But back in my day, we didn't call it ninja'd. We just referred to it as being beaten in a post. That's how long it's been since I've been beaten in a post...
- Do you ninja others?
Not anymore. I only really post in OVP, and that's not really a forum you can ninja in. I'm sure it can be done, but only under very unusual circumstances.
I leave it there. Don't see the point in deleting it, even if I'm repeating myself. I only really delete posts that are duplicates caused by the database, or if it's really really really that stupid.
Yep, just that. Except it's "beaten by [username] [smilie of some sort]", in my case.
I'll leave that to someone with better design skills. That, and I don't ninja enough to even begin to think about how one would dress as a post ninja...