PDA

View Full Version : Another 4 years...?

Mew~
May 8th, 2010, 03:47 AM
Well some of you guys may, or may not know that the D&P series took 4 years to finnish which was a bit boring to be honest... thats 4 years to collect 8 badges for arceuses sake! So when this new 5th gen series comes out are you hoping for them to lay low on the fillers and speed up the show a little? Maybe even add another battle frontier series if they have to fill up time for a 6th gen XD Well I'm im not too sure but at least keep everything fresh... I wouldnt mind too much but im asking you guys :D

What do you guys think...? DISCUSS! :D

Demigod
May 8th, 2010, 04:24 AM
If Ash actually becomes a older like in the 17 18 then I wouldn't mind but if he stays almost the same like usual not really.

Bluerang1
May 8th, 2010, 04:33 AM
Oh how this series DRAAAGGGEEED! But if you come to think of it, Gen 5 looks like a real treat, with all the rumours about. I voted Not Really as it's too long. But if it turns out to be a good series, why not.

Noibat
May 8th, 2010, 05:30 AM
D= no. I don't care how good the series could be. I think four years is a bit much

IcyIce
May 8th, 2010, 06:39 AM
3 years. It started in 2007.

Mew~
May 8th, 2010, 06:55 AM
3 years. It started in 2007.
Wrong! Pokemon Diamond and Pearl first aired in japan on September 28, 2006, its now 2010.. and the new series is comming this fall...! Do the math. -.-"

GlitchCity
May 8th, 2010, 12:25 PM
I just want the series to keep going as long as it can. It would be fun to show my kids "pokemon then, and pokemon now" lol

Semidos
May 8th, 2010, 03:02 PM
It depends. If they make this as funny as at the beginning and bring Misty back, I don't mind. But if the same like DP. No.

countryemo
May 8th, 2010, 03:59 PM
4 years for one? o.o It depends, but not that long, make another fronteir series . dont carry on like DP did.

wonjoon0330
May 8th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Yeah DP was really long all right.
I mean AG has less episode but they traveled 2 regions, Hoenn and Kanto again.
But DP, just Sinnoh only.
I was hoping to see Sinnoh/Johto Battle Frontier Arc or something but since series is ending this year I guess that won't happen.

RivalGator
May 8th, 2010, 04:53 PM
I think it should take as long as it should until the new games come out. I mean, it would be boring if the show ended before a new game came out. All it would do is repeat itself over and over. I think that would be worse.

TheAppleFreak
May 8th, 2010, 06:55 PM
If they:

Make the animation better, like the animation in the movies/specials
Bring Misty back
Cut out on the fillers
Make it less narmy

THEN I might not mind a long series.

Spinor
May 8th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Wow, look peeps, they ain't ever bringing Misty back. If you can't get over that annoying redhead excuse for a character drawn on freaking paper and aired as TV waves to freaking electronic devices then you need some goddamn help... fast.

As for the season, I believe it's gonna last just about the same as DP regardless of popular opinion. Because they can't go any more than a short skirt on a 10 year old girl without American moms complaining

Semidos
May 9th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Wow, look peeps, they ain't ever bringing Misty back. If you can't get over that annoying redhead excuse for a character drawn on freaking paper and aired as TV waves to freaking electronic devices then you need some goddamn help... fast.
Tell it your mom. She will understand you.

Actually we can talk about bringing Misty back here, if it concern to our opinions about current topic.

RadiosX5
May 9th, 2010, 01:05 PM
I suggest let somebody else take the place of Ash, seriously what's the kids age now? 16, 17, maybe 18?! He MUST be getting to that point now where he's gonna have to go solo and pass the torch onto another hero. So, if they DO! make another series i suggest bringing in a new set of heroes/heroines and maybe a new set of villains to replace team rocket (Seriously, why haven't they canned them already?!)

Vernikova
May 9th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Actually we can talk about bringing Misty back here, if it concern to our opinions about current topic.

If you can find a way then I'll allow it. If you find it. Don't see how you'd be able to do it though.

Also, keep the stupid mom jokes in your head though. Be more original if anything.

Edit: And stop baiting people AdvancedK47. Who do you think you are? Me?

Anyway, I'd like the next series to be shorter as well which is why I'm hoping there won't be a Battle Frontier in Gen. V and that there will be something new. Or maybe the writers could create a new Orange Islands-esque filler arc.

23usernamebob
May 14th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I suggest let somebody else take the place of Ash, seriously what's the kids age now? 16, 17, maybe 18?! He MUST be getting to that point now where he's gonna have to go solo and pass the torch onto another hero. So, if they DO! make another series i suggest bringing in a new set of heroes/heroines and maybe a new set of villains to replace team rocket (Seriously, why haven't they canned them already?!)

idk if that would be a good idea;;then it will become like this new yugioh bs

Sosuke Aizen
May 14th, 2010, 10:14 PM
I don't really know...
I don't exactly sit there and watch the anime anymore. Sure, maybe if it happens to be on, but only then. =\

hack1
May 14th, 2010, 11:00 PM
No! We don't need THAT munch fillers.

Kirbychu
May 15th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Oh how this series DRAAAGGGEEED! But if you come to think of it, Gen 5 looks like a real treat, with all the rumours about.
It was the exact same way when DP were first announced. None of these rumors came true and the anime stayed relatively the same.

Ash will become a Pokemon Ranger!
Misty's coming back because __________!
Ash is leaving and the new girl is going to be the main character!
The shows going to end!

I really hope they change things though., but I really doubt they will. I actually expect an unusual cast change. The new girl is older, so maybe Ash will age a bit or they'll make a completely new character. I just don't want Brock to leave.

All the fillers are probably staying, because they want to stretch the series out along as the generation passes by. I want it to be shorter but it just doesn't look like that will happen.

Left4Dead
May 15th, 2010, 04:18 PM
I hope then next generation isn't the same as this one. I didn't really watch too many episodes of this series because it just got too boring - too many fillers. I wouldn't mind if the next generation went on 4 years IF they split it into two different things like Hoenn/Battle Frontier. In saying that though I don't think there should be another Battle Frontier arc, I think they should make something different.

Bluerang1
May 15th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Actually, I don't really care how long this Series will be now, I can watch the new girl all day :P But seriously, I know we don't know much, but from what I've seen, this Generation looks quite promising, older female, so I don't mind if it's elongated for another 4, or will it be 6?, years :)

PearlShipper4Life
May 16th, 2010, 10:21 AM
UGH Misty talk *Shudders*
Misty is not in the new games. Pokemon loves advertizing the new games, so it is unlikley Misty will return to the main cast.
Maybe as a cameo, but she hasn't even made a cameo in this Generation yet, maybe the writers want to move on.
Just look forward to the new girl who seems a bit more boyish this time which I welcome.
Now I'm fine with the new series being longer, I just love Pokemon.
Don't expect Ash to leave either, he's on every thing in every thing new kids watch every series will wonder what happen to him if he left.
They can't just get rid of the things that have Ash and Pikachu on them, which is every thing of Pokemon.
Just cuz some older fans are tired of Ash doesn't mean newer fans are. As long as it still makes money.

Semidos
May 16th, 2010, 03:52 PM
UGH Misty talk
What's the problem? We don't need your funny banters. If you don't like Misty, don't say anything. I just mentioned Misty as the reason, why I want B&W to be for 4 years. That's all.

诶伊艾诶豆诶维伊
May 16th, 2010, 04:27 PM
UGH....
okay, literally like

...um... maybe:

THREE SHOWS. BARELY ANY EPISODES.
NO THOUGHT PUT IN.
NOT FUNNY.
LESS AWESOME THAN REGULAR POKEMON.

answer:

NOOOOOO!!
I AM SICK OF D/P!!!

PearlShipper4Life
May 16th, 2010, 09:39 PM
What's the problem? We don't need your funny banters. If you don't like Misty, don't say anything. I just mentioned Misty as the reason, why I want B&W to be for 4 years. That's all.

Ok, I'm sorry maybe that was a bit harsh.
However you have to understand I hear this on every forums I go to.
So some times I do get tired of it, I'll try to be more understanding of it ok?

Evee dude86
May 16th, 2010, 09:48 PM
I wanna darker, more mature, spinoff series.......

randomspot555
May 17th, 2010, 07:10 AM
No! We don't need THAT munch fillers.

There weren't many fillers in Sinnoh. They've tacked on more than the usual torwards the end, but there are much less fillers than compared to Johto.

Remember, everyone, fillers and bad episodes are not necessarily synonyms. A filler is simply an episode that can be skipped and you didn't miss anything. No sub-plots are built upon (or started) and nothing major happens. For example, the Rotom episode is a filler, as was the Psyduck episode, in Sinnoh.

EDIT: Why can't you Misty people stop hijacking every single thread? Start your own thread, and mention it if it becomes a natural part of the topic. Don't just shoe-horn it into everything.

Semidos
May 17th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Remember, everyone, fillers and bad episodes are not necessarily synonyms. A filler is simply an episode that can be skipped and you didn't miss anything. No sub-plots are built upon (or started) and nothing major happens. For example, the Rotom episode is a filler, as was the Psyduck episode, in Sinnoh.
Yes, but many double (or more) episodes in DP, which aren't fillers, can be done in one episodes and single episodes can be done in half of episode. Or even not exist. Learning new attack in one, whole episode is stupid. The same with other things.