PDA

View Full Version : PSP discussion

Cassino
May 8th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Of course, assuming you actually have one... I did intend to make this poll multiple choice in the event that people should have multiple consoles but I'm not the most attentive individual.
If you don't know what version you have, go fish — Google has a lot of comparative images if you search something like "PSP difference".

Note this is not about firmware version.
Also note that differences in the end number like 1001, 1002, 1003, are just regional codes, hardware is the same.

I still have a 1000, best one imo.

Akeraz
May 8th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Still got my PSP 1000.
Wouldn't be without it.

SacredMiKeY
May 25th, 2010, 04:21 AM
1000 cause easiest to mod XD

Cherrim
May 25th, 2010, 05:08 AM
I have a 2000 since it had recently come out when I finally decided to get my PSP. I love it but it's falling apart from being dropped on t he floor one too many times. It's been dropped twice and while the first one was entirely my brother's fault, the second (and worst time) was mine. :( The battery cover doesn't stay on unless I hold it on which is way annoying so I kind of want a new one. Maybe I'll get a new one for Birth by Sleep.

Arcanine
May 25th, 2010, 11:07 AM
I've got the old very first gen PSP... the 1000. I've had it forever, I think I got it not too long after it came out (it had the Spiderman 2 movie and I think that was one of the starter sets).

I never play it anymore, and I think the PSPGo looks so much better (I like sliders).

RyanGT
May 25th, 2010, 12:24 PM
I still own the original PSP 1000. I pretty much broke it though out of stupidity so it's pretty much retired. I don't really plan on getting a new one at this point. I will stick with my DS.

Morkula
May 25th, 2010, 06:48 PM
I have a silver 2000 but I rarely play it. There have been a few good games, but I've been kinda disappointed with the PSP. And my screen has gotten random dark spots in it - no clue what they are. They're not dead pixels, more like water spots, which is weird because my PSP hasn't gotten wet.

Cassino
May 26th, 2010, 01:19 PM
my screen has gotten random dark spots in it - no clue what they are. They're not dead pixels, more like water spots, which is weird because my PSP hasn't gotten wet.
You seem to have discovered why it's called a liquid crystal display. :)
If you were to smash the screen you'd get a lot of that stuff. I may suppose you've dropped it or kept it under something heavy.

Aether
May 26th, 2010, 02:11 PM
The fat 1000. Can't beat the original, nice and durable too.

Fire Wolf
May 27th, 2010, 04:06 AM
Like many others here, I also have the original one - PSP 1000. I've still got it. I bought it because PSP 2000 or 3000 weren't even released then.

msdmario
May 27th, 2010, 09:16 AM
I bought a used PSP 1000 for Christmas a couple of years ago so I could install custom firmware in it.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
May 30th, 2010, 04:39 AM
I just bought a PSP 3000 from eBay. It's the turquoise one that comes with Little Big Planet. I'm not fussed about modding my firmware, and I felt sorry for it because it was an unwanted Christmas present and has never been used. ;_;

Which is totally not the excuse I use to buy 99% of the stuff I own. At all. Ahem.

PuNkSter
May 30th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Hmmm, people still have PSP 1000? Well I have PSP 2000 and got it in 2008. I kind of want a PSP 3000 though.

thedestinedblade
May 30th, 2010, 06:24 PM
I have the 1000 as well. Bought it not to long after it was originally released. Play it from time to time.

June 1st, 2010, 04:08 AM
Hello PokéCommunity, long time no update! I hope we are all well. :3

Long story short, I've bought myself a PSP 3000 off eBay, and I am a total noob when it comes to the Sony scene. (This is the first non-Nintendo console I've owned since...the Philips CD-i in 1996 hahahaha oh god). I have searched Google and YouTube high and low, and everybody seems to argue about what makes a great PSP game! Some say x is absolutely amazing, others say x is awful and should be burnt in a very large fire. And due to my lack of experience with Sony, I have absolutely no frame of reference when it comes to deciding what to play! :[

So, could we have a thread about the best PSP games, and why, or the worst, and why? That would really help me out ~_~

The PSP I've gone for is coming with Little Big Planet, God of War and Killzone: Liberation. I hear mostly good things about all three. >.>;

Akeraz
June 1st, 2010, 08:08 AM
Well, as a fan of RPG's I'd recommend the following:

- Dissidia: Final Fantasy
- Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
- Star Ocean: First Departure
- Star Ocean: Second Evolution

Then if we were to add stuff you can buy on the PSN Store, I'd chuck in the following

- Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy VIII
- Vagrant Story

June 1st, 2010, 08:40 AM
Well, as a fan of RPG's I'd recommend the following:

- Dissidia: Final Fantasy
- Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
- Star Ocean: First Departure
- Star Ocean: Second Evolution

Then if we were to add stuff you can buy on the PSN Store, I'd chuck in the following

- Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy VIII
- Vagrant Story

Crisis Core and Dissidia seem to be the staples for PSP RPGs web-wide...which one would you say is better? :3

And I had no idea the PSP had access to the PSN Store. XD Should really have done my research on this console before buying it. ;A;

Akeraz
June 1st, 2010, 09:47 AM
Personally, I think Dissidia is a better game, and it lasts alot longer too.
I mean, I've owned the game since it came out last year and I'm still playing it.

Theodore Bruno
June 1st, 2010, 10:47 AM
Get Monster Hunter Freedom Unite or wait til early 2011 for the Monster Hunter Freedom 3.

June 1st, 2010, 12:38 PM
Personally, I think Dissidia is a better game, and it lasts alot longer too.
I mean, I've owned the game since it came out last year and I'm still playing it.

I like the 'look' of Dissidia compared with Crisis Core from the YouTube footage I've managed to hunt down...I think I'll go for that one, thanks! :D

Get Monster Hunter Freedom Unite or wait til early 2011 for the Monster Hunter Freedom 3.

Freedom Unite looks cool. I'll check out some reviews, thanks! :'D