PDA

View Full Version : "A Meteoric Rise to Excellence!" Review Thread

Blue_Drifblim
May 8th, 2010, 08:54 AM
The start of an awesome two-parter.

And I overslept it. >_>

Masquerainisthajam
May 8th, 2010, 09:42 AM
I have to admit, this was a pretty out there, pretty funny episode. I feel for Dawn's Piplup though, being the victim of every failed Draco Meteor that Gible was spitting out. It seems that Gible has a tendency to like biting things, especially Ash's head.

I want that Altaria! It knows Ice Beam, Flamethrower, and Draco Meteor! Do you even know how much potential it has for Contests and Gym Battles?

Brock having to carry Grandma Wilma, lol.

What a twist! Ash's Staraptor got captured!

Gible, the cute yet very dangerous land shark...Gotta love it.

I really would like for Ash and Dawn to not use the same moves it always uses (Pikachu, use Thunderbolt! And Piplup, use Bubblebeam!) It gets really old after awhile. They need to vary it up.

8.5/10

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
May 8th, 2010, 10:31 AM
I loved the Piplup being recked by the Draco Meteors. X3

and That Altaria is pretty dang useful- I wonder who actually owns it? If it's Paul's, I'm going to kill him.

Brock and Wilma ride FTW.

Overall, a pretty decent episode from the slight snoozefest of the last episode.
Even though I did like Zoey having a Kirlia.

Flare Riqueza
May 8th, 2010, 12:32 PM
I've not watched the whole thing yet (UK means I have to wait for it to be put online).

However, I like it for one reason....

PIPLUP GOT PWNED!!

Seriously, it's an insult to Piplups everywhere, I'm glad Gible seems to have a grudge against it-we have something in common.

Also, Altaria are awesome, as I had one on my first Emerald file...so....:D

Vernikova
May 8th, 2010, 12:50 PM
I really liked how Draco Meteor was animated. It would be interesting to see how it would be handled in a packed stadium in the Pokémon League or something. Meteors just raining down and hurting some random folk. That'd be funny. Old lady Wilma was pretty cool too. Old woman talk is usually funny on televison. Not really. Anyway, I really liked this episode and I'm pretty excited for the next episode only because it's the season finale. (Shoot, I stared at "Finale" for too long.)

GlitchCity
May 8th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Piplup had it coming xDD, anyways it was an alright episode. I liked Altaria's appearence in the episode, it reminded me of the hoenn saga. I think Gible has some problems xDD, it was kinda weird seeing it act like that. Then again it is a cartoon lol.

Guy
May 9th, 2010, 09:43 AM
This episode was fun.

Gible is a very determined Pokémon, but he lacks personality. :< I like it though, it makes it amusing. Piplup being targeted all the time is also quite interesting. How it tries to dodge it, then it's facial expression after being hit is priceless. I think it's a new start to something amazing (since Brock's love over women got old a long time ago).

Altaria's Draco Meteor makes such a beautiful appeal for contests. Too bad Dawn didn't have a Pokémon like that. Oh wait...

DonRoyale
May 9th, 2010, 04:42 PM
If you think this is the last time Piplup will get owned, you are in for quite a treat :3

Gible's voice annoys me somewhat. But I like how the episode was handled overall.

I'm going to have to get used to that voice, though...Ugh.

Diablerie
May 10th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Yay!
Ash needed a Dragon-type and this Gible fits the bill nicely.
And I think Gible is the writers saying that they've had enough of Piplup too.

Hey, did anyone notice that Brock said he had a Pokegear?
Hooray for Johto!

Myzou
May 10th, 2010, 02:42 AM
I do have to say this: It made me, a 21 year old, laugh. Hysterically. XD

So that's good. Hasn't happened in ages. And I loved Dawn's expressions this episode, XD

*Charizard*
May 10th, 2010, 02:57 AM
I have to say it was a pretty good episode to be honest. I laughed when Gible's Draco Meteor kept hitting Piplup haha

Masquerainisthajam
May 12th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Hey, did anyone notice that Brock said he had a Pokegear?
Hooray for Johto!

Yeah, he got a PokeGear from when they met Lyra ("Hey Dane!") and Khoury from the Johto festival.

Vernikova
May 12th, 2010, 02:44 PM
^ I'm shocked that he kept using it past the first episode after Lyra and Khoury left.

Thorns
May 12th, 2010, 02:47 PM
And to thin kGible is going use god damn Draco Meteor on piplup in every darn future. Sorry if I spoiled, but its happening.

Guy
May 12th, 2010, 02:55 PM
And to thin kGible is going use god damn Draco Meteor on piplup in every darn future. Sorry if I spoiled, but its happening.
...(I like the amusement of it now), but like other things it'll probably get old really fast for some viewers, although, at least it won't be as old as Brock trying to flirt with almost every girl he sees. :\

Jorah
May 16th, 2010, 03:49 AM
Ooh, I'm a week late XD Liked the animation and the facial expressions this episode ~

- Gible is doing the same as Turtwig did...
- Hmm...animatiom looks good this episode. Dawn looks pretty and James looks good
- Crazy Kanto running theme :D
- 10 year olds climbing up the side of a cliff...
- Haha, gotta laugh when that Draco Meteor explodes on Piplup...even though I hate this running gag because it gives Piplup more screentime
- "Date Rape Town" o.O

Masquerainisthajam
May 16th, 2010, 07:33 PM
- "Date Rape Town" o.O

I think you mean "Daybreak Town", lol. :)

Blue_Drifblim
June 28th, 2010, 11:55 AM
This episode was hilarious. It's not very often that I actually laugh out loud when watching Pokemon! The awesome animation and expressions definitely helped.