PDA

View Full Version : Private Property

Guillermo
May 11th, 2010, 04:03 AM
This may or may not be suitable here, but w/e. And I couldn't find another topic like this so sue me if there is one.

Anyway, my question to you is this: Do you think it's okay to allow people to do practically anything, to a degree, on their private property without the police getting involved? If so, why? And what would you allow people to do on their property if you could enforce the law?

I don't know if they allow this in America, Europe or anywhere else that's not Australia, but they do in Australia, so that's what I'm going off. If they don't allow it, would you like them to?

I'll post my reply later.

Throat
May 11th, 2010, 07:48 AM
"to a degree" are the key words.

Åzurε
May 11th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Landscaping or building things like sheds or add-ons to your house or whatever seems to be a good thing.

At home, we got notified that you need permission to work on your house, and we were just changing to the siding. Stupid Midlo.

Esper
May 11th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Of course it depends on what you're doing.

Generally I'd say that if everyone there consents to what's going on and whatever is going on stays on that property then there shouldn't be a problem. If you want to have a party that's fine, but loud music doesn't stop at the property line. Pouring chemicals down the drain is another example of something that starts on your property, but has an affect outside your property so that's something which shouldn't be allowed.

hiphiphippo
May 11th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Of course it depends on what you're doing.

Generally I'd say that if everyone there consents to what's going on and whatever is going on stays on that property then there shouldn't be a problem. If you want to have a party that's fine, but loud music doesn't stop at the property line. Pouring chemicals down the drain is another example of something that starts on your property, but has an affect outside your property so that's something which shouldn't be allowed.

i agree with you.
generally, it doesnt matter to others what you do..
but if you're constantly making too much noise, disrupting neighbors, or doing things that could negatively affect others in some way, then i don't think that's okay.

ANARCHit3cht
May 11th, 2010, 02:48 PM
I think that whatever you do is fine, so long as it stays at your property line. Though, say... being naked in your front yard... would be, eh, bad. I don't think that you should need permission to build a shed, or etc.

Also... it irks me when people have a huge plot of land, and do nothing with it. All over my town is a bunch of people with private property, they do nothing with it.

Dukey
May 12th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Honestly not really, I mean yeah it's people's property but to shoot someone on sight or whatever? That's a bit drastic in my opinion.

TRIFORCE89
May 12th, 2010, 05:01 AM
If what you're doing is illegal, then no. You shouldn't be allowed to do it anywhere, let along your property.

If...its something like landscaping or anything else that is visible from the outside, then it had to be... tasteful and reasonable and if your neighbours object - tough luck. Because its not just your house you affect. Ugliness of your property affects the value of their property and makes it tougher to sell. Because nobody wants to live next to an ugly house. You shouldn't cost others money.

Which is an unusal stance for me. Not really big on neighbours. But, at the same time, I wouldn't want my house being affected because of your ugly.

.Gamer
May 12th, 2010, 05:49 AM
As long as they aren't harvesting dead bodies, performing strange surgical experiments, or do anything that is otherwise illegal, then yes.