• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will you take the last name of your partner at marriage?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If you're a guy - most likely not, but you do think your partner would want to take yours, etc. Um, for gays just say if you would if you could... assuming you can't. Also the usual, why or why not.

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
Years
I probably will, just because =P But then again, I'm going to miss my initials now T_T This is what they are now: E.L.F. (It's also ironic that I was the shortest among my old group of friends...I still am when I saw them just recently XD).

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I'm a man... ._.

Although I wouldn't change my last name for the world. It's far too epic with the contrast between its racial implications and my true ethnicity. Those people on PC that know my last name (not that I do a good job of hiding it) will know what I"m talking about. XD

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
I don't like my last name, or my first one for that matter. So... I wouldn't want my spouse to take. && If I was in a gay marriage, I'd take his. xP

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I don't know. If they have a kick-ass last name, probably. :) Otherwise... well, it's just a name. I'm attached to my current last name but I'd probably get attached to a new one too, once I got used to it.

And I think hyphenation looks silly. I doubt I'd go that route.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 14, 2011
I'm a guy, and personally, I would really want my wife to have my last name. I would be extremely dissapointed if they wouldn't, but it wouldn't be something I'd drop her for.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2015
Of course I want my wife to have my last name even though my last name sucks ;_;. Seriously, who want to be called -insert girly first name here- Easterling Dx.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Since I am a male, I would say yes, they probably would want to take my name. I don't see why there would be a problem.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
That's currently up in the air. I currently like the ring to my current last and first name (especially because it's amusing that some people can't spell my name, even though in America, my last name is the same name as someone quite vital in US History.). I guess it depends on if my name has a nice ring to my husband's last name or not.

No Hyphens though; those names are generally long. XD;

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Yes, it's tradition for the female to take the male's last name. If not, then both names are combined together with a hyphen in alphabetical order.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
My gf has already said she wants to take my last name when we eventually tie the not. No idea when that will be though.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Hmm... well, first I'll take it and see if I like it. If it sounds good, I actually might. If not, eh, unless my wife really wants me to, then no. If she wants, I'll do it, just so she's happy. =)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Gringos use a hyphen, Mexicans get to use the word "de"

<Girl First Name> <Girl Last Name 1> <Girl Last Name 2> ... <Girl Last Name n> de <Guy Last Name 1>

XD Looks much sexier on her name. I'm pretty sure the simple name change would do well.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I would not take a partner's name, and would not want them sharing my name, nor would we have a doubled name.

Back