PDA

View Full Version : All These New Layouts...

mondays suck
May 14th, 2010, 04:53 AM
As you probably all know, 3 of the most popular websites have recently changed their layots. First, Youtube, then Google and now even Wikipedia.

Many don't approve with these changes, including me. Why?
First, there's Youtube. The design changes are the least notable here, but they removed some good features such as the 5-star-evaluation system or viewing other videos of the uploader of the current one.
Then, some weeks later, Google also got changed. This is probably the least annoying one, since they only changed their button look added a toolbar on the right (that I never used up to now). I think I'll get used to this.
But then, today, I wanted t look something up on Wikipedia and what I saw didn't look like Wikipedia to me. They moved the search thing into the top right corner, which is confusing. Other Wikipedias than the English one still have the good old design, but this one doesn't. This makes it even more confusing...

So, what do you think about all these changes?
Do you approve or are you tempted to write some rants about how much they suck, just like I did above.

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 14th, 2010, 08:45 AM
I worry about whether my Wii will still play Youtube videos on it's browser D=
Otherwise, I'm cool with all of it. I guess I'm laid back.

Lucy Lu
May 31st, 2010, 02:20 PM
Yeah I am fine with the changes with these sites. At first I was like...huh? The noticeable ones are YouTube and Wikipedia. It took me awhile to get used to the changes, but I am used to it by now. So no worries. :3

Rich Boy Rob
June 1st, 2010, 04:17 AM
I'm fine with them really. The only one that gives me any annoyance is Wikipedia because I try and type in the wrong place.

Serene Grace
June 1st, 2010, 04:27 AM
I personally expected these changes as they were due for quite a while. I'm fine with all of them. They're subtle and that don't get in the way of the main content. I especially find the Google one the best as it makes things much easier to find.

countryemo
June 1st, 2010, 04:45 AM
google, inever noticed. and i never used wikipedia so it shouldnt be a problem. but you tube really >.<
the new one has some better stuff, but of oh well. time goes on and things change, you cant stop it really.

Serene Grace
June 1st, 2010, 04:53 AM
I should also note that deviantART got a huge revamp as well. Now the images or videos showcased are in a gallery format where you can use your keyboard to go to the next image.

Rich Boy Rob
June 2nd, 2010, 09:47 AM
I should also note that deviantART got a huge revamp as well. Now the images or videos showcased are in a gallery format where you can use your keyboard to go to the next image.

Good point, I much prefer the new layout as it is a lot quicker and easier to navigate.