PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] May 16 Pokémon Sunday update: Battle Scene footage!

Hiroshi Sotomura
May 15th, 2010, 04:36 PM
o2QG0Ibob44

Waiting on clearer Filb footage, but the Pokémon move in the battle scene! And that's one real interesting change of pace, I daresay.

edit: Filb footage - http://www.filb.de/1306
THE FILB FOOTAGE HAS MORE

First thread in the Black and White forum. This shows you what you can post about next time a magazine update comes in, or the website updates, or Pokémon Sunday shows something really cool.

shookie
May 15th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Oh now that looks awesome :O I wasn't sure how they were going to do the whole battle scene thing, and I like what they came up with.

Hiroshi Sotomura
May 15th, 2010, 04:44 PM
I would complain about how the player's Pokémon is rather pixellated, but given that we see a bit more action in the battle scene I'm pretty excited. Not only do the Pokémon move, but it looks like we have a moving battle camera too.

Except I hope Tackle is actually a tackle now.

Eeohnex
May 15th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Wow, I'm even more stoked about Black and White now. I'm loving the new battle scene, it's giving a little bit of more life to it. I'm liking what I see.

Jake♫
May 15th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Tackle better be an actual tackle ._.

I'm not too sure if it's actually very pixelated or it's the video quality, but I still do like the concept they managed to add in here. It actually gives a sense of realism in a completely surreal world, and I must say it's a nice change.

Hiroshi Sotomura
May 15th, 2010, 05:02 PM
We can actually see in the Filb footage the sidewalks and stuff in Hiun Town. The people seem to walk around in the same four-direction grid, and walk straight. The NPCs seem to be dynamic, walking around town like actual people.

God, this pace and this realism is cool. :D

Nyu~♥!
May 15th, 2010, 05:04 PM
i just saw that stuff now, and aksjfkfkjsd that's really nice.
They put alot of effort into their games!
When DP came out, I thought that the pokemon moved when they attacked. lol... but that's just pretty freaking nice.
Dang, now I'll have to use my dA commission money to get that.. XD

BeachBoy
May 15th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Talk about an evolution, a moving and living battle scene, I love it. Can't wait to see a Draco Meteor in that.

Patchisou Yutohru
May 15th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Talk about an evolution, a moving and living battle scene, I love it. Can't wait to see a Draco Meteor in that.
What Ryan said. Seeing this battle footage really shows that the game designers and the coders and all the team are really pushing the features of the game. It's like it's not even a Nintendo DS game! Until I saw this video, I would have never ever expected to see such strong features and design used for the handheld. They're really utilizing what the DS has to offer and pushing it to where other game creators never thought possible for a Nintendo handheld. Like I said in the speculation thread, not only are the pushing the envelop for Pokémon, they're pushing the envelope for the industry as a whole. It's really the next generation.

Guy
May 15th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Before I saw the video, and was just reading what the new features were, I was thinking this all sounds really cool and is a big step up since the Fourth Generation. Until I actually saw it though, I was left speechless and in awe as I had mentioned back in the Speculation thread. This is definitely a new Generation and a change for Pokémon. Walking through the city seems so realistic, people talking to you as you go, moving out of your way, and doing their own thing. It's isn't just all just a static visual, but more life-like. The Pokémon moving in battle though is what I enjoyed the best. It'll really make battles seem more interesting and fun since DPPt and HG/SS.

Agent Clank
May 15th, 2010, 05:28 PM
The Pokemon move all the time now!
Thats awesome.
cant wait to see more footage.

Toshiro.
May 15th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Seems pretty cool to have the pokemon actually move in the battle. I think this will take some getting used to, since in all the others games this never happened. But this is pretty cool.

BakingBluePotatoe
May 15th, 2010, 05:31 PM
HUAAAHH!!! SUGIIOOO!! KAKOII!!

Makes my SS feel meaningless now. =/

Zorua
May 15th, 2010, 05:42 PM
It's...certainly unique, I would say that much. I wouldn't expect these kinds of things to be implemented into Pokemon, but hey, you never know the kinds of things Gamefreak can pull off, I guess.

Of course, I'm not saying this in a negative manner. I actually like the battle video. I like how the camera is shifting and the battle actually looks realistic. This makes me look forward to the game even more. I guess this is something unexpected but rather quite pleasant.

Air Lock
May 15th, 2010, 05:55 PM
The battle scene is even 3-D...:s
I don't know how they do it ;_;

Kirbychu
May 15th, 2010, 06:42 PM
This is definitely a step in the right direction. I don't understand why it took so long for this to happen in the franchise. It's awesome nonetheless.

Arc
May 15th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Very big step up from the last games. So far they improved everything. The pokemon being fully animated is very impressive, plus a moving camara to show attacks as well? I'm left speechless.

Waffle-San
May 15th, 2010, 06:49 PM
I was blown away when I saw it. It makes me wonder how far they can push this thing. I mean I've seen Wii games that look significantly worse than this. I'm beyond impressed!! I think Pokemon is going to continue to be a leader in the hand held and is setting the bar pretty high this time!!

allBlue
May 15th, 2010, 07:10 PM
One more video with the starters in action, skipt to about 1:15 :)
nFDwx6X44pk

musesum626
May 15th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Woah, when did a forum for B/W pop up? Anyway, on topic...

That's a lot more impressive than I thought it would be! Not only the continually slight animations (which reminds me of my old Pokemon Stadium) but also the amazing sequence for attacks! I didn't think they could make this game much more unique from D/P or HG/SS since it's also on the DS, but I was proven wrong. I'm really impressed and can't wait to see what else they'll do to revamp the series.

Although looking at the video of the overworld, I can't say I'm impressed with the odd way the NPCs dart out of your way as you walk into them, but since this is in its early stages I'm sure it will be much better when released.

LegendaryPichu
May 15th, 2010, 07:30 PM
I don't get some parts, Pokabu uses the fire move and the camera zooms out. When Tsutaaja uses the grass move the camera remains the same. I am guessing that this is an option...

Mr.Crowley
May 15th, 2010, 07:43 PM
That's it, I'm pre-ordering this and buying the new DS with the larger screen to enjoy it even further, idc.

As a fellow pixel artist though, I'm not pleased with the color scheme of the Grass snake, it's too lime and bright.

JP
May 15th, 2010, 07:47 PM
I don't get some parts, Pokabu uses the fire move and the camera zooms out. When Tsutaaja uses the grass move the camera remains the same. I am guessing that this is an option...

It probably depends on the move being used or how big the Pokemon is. I somehow doubt it's an option you can turn on and off... but I guess you never can know for sure.

I'm loving the constant animation/moving of the sprites. The only thing I'm disappointed in is how pixelated the back sprites are. I'm not a big pixeler, but I'm guessing they could have done a better job with that. Nevertheless, it's all very exciting to see. It's give more life to the battles.

Kirbychu
May 15th, 2010, 07:49 PM
The attacks we saw were Special though, I wonder if Pokemon will run up and attack the opponent with Physical attacks...

yomamathecableguy
May 15th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Holy Shiznits. I can not WAIT to get these games.. they look so smooth and beautiful. We've come a long way since R/B/Y.

JP
May 15th, 2010, 07:59 PM
The attacks we saw were Special though, I wonder if Pokemon will run up and attack the opponent with Physical attacks...

I would love that, but the cynical in me doubts it. I can see them just moving from where they are just a tad, not all the way up to the opponent Pokemon.

Haza
May 15th, 2010, 08:41 PM
It really just seems to have gone where the Digimon series has been for a while, with moving battle sprites.

Dillon_68
May 15th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Love, Love, LOVEEEE the battle animations and how they constantly move. I wonder if they will be mobile when you view their summaries too.

Timbjerr
May 15th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Upon watching that video, I proceeded to make a mess in my bed. Nice job Nintendo. D:

I'm actually quite surprised considering it's on the same hardware as DPPtHGSS, and the release date doesn't create a significantly longer gap than any previous pokemon releases. :o

DXrobots
May 15th, 2010, 08:52 PM
I think the breathing is a little much to be honest I wouldn't mind if they had different sprites for different Status'

JAK3
May 16th, 2010, 04:37 AM
I'm blown away. It looks so great! It fits with the whole 3D concept, and I love everything about it, I love how the camera angles in certain directions when a Pokemon uses an attack! This is going to be great, and what's even better is that there is a different movement pattern for every Pokemon, atleast, that's what it looks like.

Alternative
May 16th, 2010, 04:43 AM
I wasn't big on the whole hugely 3D aspect of the game, but from seeing these battle videos of Gen 5 in action, it sure looks promising.

Mujahid
May 16th, 2010, 04:49 AM
OMG !!!...let me say it again OMG !!!...We won't be able to recognize it's pokemon ??...Hell yeah !..My desire for B/W just went off the roof !

musesum626
May 16th, 2010, 05:03 AM
I think the breathing is a little much to be honest I wouldn't mind if they had different sprites for different Status'

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the status changes when thinking about this. I doubt they would make separate sleeping sprites, but maybe, for example, if the Pokemon is frozen it would stand still and be encased in ice instead of showing the ice after every turn.

Forever
May 16th, 2010, 05:04 AM
You're all brainwashed and need to play more R/B/Y :(

Yeah... not appealing to me, really. The animations are just, animations? I dunno what has gotten most of you excited, since it's not like they're battling in the field, they're just moving a little in the battle. Doesn't look realistic at all to me. Same goes for the other footage of the walking and such, seems kinda fake. As I thought before, doesn't seem like Pokemon anymore, and if you guys like that, fine by me, but simple things amuse simple minds.

No offence or anything.

Ikwaylx
May 16th, 2010, 05:42 AM
Did anyone else get a 'Pokemon Stadium meets Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire' vibe from the battle/town music in this video?

I'm liking the more dynamic and action packed battle style in this generation so far, but I hope the sprites don't make that same idle animation all the time. It would be better if they either made the animation a little more subtle, or had them occur every 5 or so seconds. Of course this is only the case for Raikou at the minute and I'm sure it varies for each Pokemon.

However, I think this is a great step forward, but it's a bit of a risky move from Game freak; the setting has changed to what seems like a more Western based modern region and the player characters are now apparently older which has implications that they want to go for a more serious plot-line. Perhaps Game Freak wanted to take inspiration from Mother 3 with a tongue in cheek RPG that has no problem with being serious when it wants to be.

In short, they've managed to make me excited again.

Hamilton
May 16th, 2010, 08:44 AM
What are your opinions on the new battle system?
Do you love it?
do you hate it?
I personally think it's revolutionary.
Pokebeach has Two Videos (http://pokebeach.com/2010/05/pokemon-sunday-airs-new-black-and-white-info) up showing off the battle system.
when ever there are new updates on the battle system, i will post them here

humanguy2000
May 16th, 2010, 08:45 AM
The battle scene looks amazing! It's awesome how the people actually do stuff and don't just wonder around. I can't wait to see more footage from B/W

nielsnijhof
May 16th, 2010, 08:59 AM
I really like the new battle-system, the moving/"living" Pokemon really gives a new feel to it :D

BeachBoy
May 16th, 2010, 09:07 AM
If status adds a new dimension to their movements and look, I'll drop my jaw. (Actually sleeping after that hypnosis? That'd be cool.)

Outside of the major news from this footage, the information bars are far less invasive. Looking back on HGSS's battle information on-screen, those bulky silver boxes, they've really trimmed things down. They're sleek with black and white bars and seem like a pleasing change to me. :D

Lexxy
May 16th, 2010, 09:09 AM
I love it!

I'm loving how the Pokemon move all throughout the battle like living creatures. Also the full body of your pokemon is really an upgrade! This is like a dream come true for me!

JAK3
May 16th, 2010, 09:14 AM
It makes it feel like a next step to the future of Pokemon, and it is, I think it fits nicely.

yomamathecableguy
May 16th, 2010, 09:19 AM
You're all brainwashed and need to play more R/B/Y :(

Yeah... not appealing to me, really. The animations are just, animations? I dunno what has gotten most of you excited, since it's not like they're battling in the field, they're just moving a little in the battle. Doesn't look realistic at all to me. Same goes for the other footage of the walking and such, seems kinda fake. As I thought before, doesn't seem like Pokemon anymore, and if you guys like that, fine by me, but simple things amuse simple minds.

No offence or anything.

lol I understand where you're coming from, and I love the originals as well.. however, you can't tell me that R/B/Y's battles are more realistic than this. :P This may not be "realistic", but they can't just jump from static sprites to complete realism in one generation.

The Cynic
May 16th, 2010, 09:40 AM
It shows yet another innovation in the world of pokemon gaming. It's as big a leap as abilities, physical/special split etc. in my opinion. It will really enhance the quality of the game. I'm not saying that it alone will make it a particularly good game, but it's always nice to put some new wallpaper up in your living room isn't it?

Hamilton
May 16th, 2010, 09:40 AM
It makes it feel like a next step to the future of Pokemon, and it is, I think it fits nicely.

i know what you mean- and the fact that it runs so smoothly and faster than the previous gens battles- i think Nintendo and GF are pulling out all the stops with this one

SSJ4 Furanki
May 16th, 2010, 09:45 AM
I'm loving the change. This only makes me think though that Diamond and Pearl were just half-assed. It's still on Regular DS-(Most Current DS), so they could've put more into that.

I'm going to get this in both Japanese and English.

Mages4ever
May 16th, 2010, 09:46 AM
I don't like how they always sway.
But other than that, this takes Pokemon to a whole new "level."

Yamikarasu
May 16th, 2010, 09:46 AM
If you guys have read GameSpot or IGN's articles on the new Pokemon games, a lot of the criticism that comes from their community is about static sprites. Hopefully this will satisfy them. I think more movement is a great addition to the series, and I think Generation 5 will be the transition generation into a fully 3D game by the Generation 6.

I also hope what Serebii says (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/battle.shtml) about battles going faster is true. That has been a problem for a while too.

Mew~
May 16th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Woah im in love <3 It seems great!!!! I love the animations and the way the camra moves in and out!

BeachBoy
May 16th, 2010, 09:51 AM
I also hope what Serebii says (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/battle.shtml) about battles going faster is true. That has been a problem for a while too.I think we'll have to see how fast these battles go on Wi-Fi before taking that sort of dive. Though it does feel faster, how and where does Wi-Fi lag play a role?

Waffle-San
May 16th, 2010, 09:53 AM
It's really pushing the envelope on what we saw as Pokemon before, it's revolutionary and the next step as I'm concerned. Pokemon is evolving and in reality it might just be some nice eye candy but it really shows you the amount of effort GF put into this and how little things can make all the difference.

Blue
May 16th, 2010, 10:00 AM
I think it's great, we've never had this before and it's better than the Pokemon just being motionless, it add's more of a realisic battle effect to the battle.

Hamilton
May 16th, 2010, 11:38 AM
I think it's great, we've never had this before and it's better than the Pokemon just being motionless, it add's more of a realisic battle effect to the battle.

yeah, it makes the pokemon feel more alive

Kirbychu
May 16th, 2010, 12:08 PM
What do you mean "new" battle system? We don't even know if they've changed it yet. It looks relatively the same to me so far.

Hamilton
May 16th, 2010, 12:11 PM
What do you mean "new" battle system? We don't even know if they've changed it yet. It looks relatively the same to me so far.

they obviously did if you watched it should be obvious

Kirbychu
May 16th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I'll be happy if the HP bar is as quick as it was in the good old days of R/B/Y. It shouldn't take 2 minutes for the game to tell you that your Pokemon was OHKOed. ._.

Kirbychu
May 16th, 2010, 12:13 PM
they obviously did if you watched it should be obvious
The camera's moving; woohoo. It doesn't look like it affects the battle at all and the core mechanics still seem the same.

solaris knight
May 16th, 2010, 12:17 PM
I'm lovin' it. It adds life to the battle, and you feel more like you're part of the action with the adjusting camera.

Hamilton
May 16th, 2010, 12:18 PM
The camera's moving; woohoo. It doesn't look like it affects the battle at all and the core mechanics still seem the same.

the pokemon move
they are full body back sprites (mostly)
the moves have better graphics
the backgrounds are different
Pokemon have shadows
The HP bar looks different
you can see through the text box
that's all i noticed right away, but those are still changes

Porygon-Z
May 16th, 2010, 12:23 PM
the pokemon move
Pokemon have shadows

I think what Kirbychu means is that the game mechanics (ie. damage calculation etc.) are the same. So really this thread should be calling it "battle graphics" rather than "battle system", since the actual system for battle is the same, only the graphics have changed.

Also I guess the massive amount of pixelation doesn't bother anyone?

Hamilton
May 16th, 2010, 12:27 PM
I think what Kirbychu means is that the game mechanics (ie. damage calculation etc.) are the same. So really this thread should be calling it "battle graphics" rather than "battle system", since the actual system for battle is the same, only the graphics have changed.

and what i mean is the overall battle experience
aka "the system"
and it bothered me, but i'm sure it won't be like that on the final version

solaris knight
May 16th, 2010, 12:27 PM
I'm going to wait until we get more footage before making up my mind on that. Its only the outline of the sprites that seem to be the problem, though, so maybe it won't seem so bad when we have the game in our hands.

Kirbychu
May 16th, 2010, 12:28 PM
the pokemon move
Pokemon have shadows
None of that stuff affects the battle system though. Those are just pretty changes to make battles look better.

Surprisingly the pixelation doesn't really bother me, it's probably just that way because it's on a big screen.. A few of the sprites themselves could use some work, but they're probably just beta anyways.

Massai
May 16th, 2010, 12:30 PM
While I geeked out like a little kid last night when I first saw these videos, I think it's really the only legitimate place they could have gone with it, and it looks fantastic. Still, I find the title of this thread misleading, because this honestly has nothing to do with the battle system, it's only the battle animations.

MegaKuriboh
May 16th, 2010, 12:33 PM
I love it it's faster which is awesome and the pokemon move!
Wi-fi battle are gonna be soooo epic!
But, unfortunalty Aura Sphre has its old animation back and Entei has his D/P/Pt sprite oh well.

Hamilton
May 16th, 2010, 12:38 PM
While I geeked out like a little kid last night when I first saw these videos, I think it's really the only legitimate place they could have gone with it, and it looks fantastic. Still, I find the title of this thread misleading, because this honestly has nothing to do with the battle system, it's only the battle animations.

i would change it if i knew how to
BUT I DIGRESS
i geeked out too :D haha
i just love where Game Freak is going with this

Kirbychu
May 16th, 2010, 12:41 PM
But, unfortunalty Aura Sphre has its old animation back and Entei has his D/P/Pt sprite oh well.
That scared me as well. Maybe they just haven't gotten around to that yet! :D

SolarAbusoru
May 16th, 2010, 12:47 PM
That scared me as well. Maybe they just haven't gotten around to that yet! :D

I seriously doubt they'll change it after animating it with so many frames

Ayselipera
May 16th, 2010, 01:04 PM
I really like it. It's much more realistic and believable, plus I think it adds a tinge of cuteness to the Pokemon. I'm hoping that with these changes certain moves won't look like they're coming out of other Pokemon's heads and stomachs.

Ausaudriel
May 16th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Merged the two battle scene video threads. 8) Carry on.

ChrisTom
May 16th, 2010, 03:41 PM
I love the idle animations. It is a wonderful implementation that Pokemon has needed for quite some times. I am afraid that the camera movement will make it seem slightly unrealistic*. Nonetheless this is incredible and I can't wait to see it for myself!

*Yes, because when I'm using a giant serpentine creature which can spray ungodly quantities of water out of it's mouth, to attack a large winged fire-breathing lizard, the thing I'm worrying about is realism...

JP
May 16th, 2010, 03:51 PM
I seriously doubt they'll change it after animating it with so many frames

I don't care for updating the graphics for moves, but it's seriously going to piss me off if they didn't bother making new sprites for all the Pokemon. That's one of the main things people look forward to when getting a new Pokemon game, if you ask me.

Zameric
May 16th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Well I'm very excite about the new battle animations and battle style. I think having the camera move along with the attacks and pokemon is a great improvement. And I'm with Ayselipera, I hope they fix that little hiccup of move animation placement. :p

Tyrantrum
May 16th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Except I hope Tackle is actually a tackle now.
Yeah, I just noticed that. We've only seen special-type attacks. I hope they show some physical-type attacks in there too. Hopefully they make it so it actually goes all the way to the opponents side for physical-type attacks instead of staying were you are and having it magically hit the opponent.

A Pixy
May 16th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Graphics are nicer now. It doesn't change much, but it's a pleasant addition and is nice eye-candy. :D

Cynder The Bloody Angel
May 17th, 2010, 05:55 AM
AWESOME THEY ARE ANIMATED NOW =D

_Prince_
May 17th, 2010, 06:13 AM
It's a nice welcome i must say on animation battle scenes, is it pushing the DS up to its limit? Doubt it, as I've seen the DS being able to handle far heavy graphical games such as KH, FF to perfection. DS is more than capable of handling full 3D, I guess they saving this route for the 3DS or whatever.

Netto Azure
May 17th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Yeah. 'Tis a nice addition. A small thing IMO but still nice.

LOL Ausadriel modz this place. XD

Well, I think they should have used the 3DS capabilities to fully enhance the battle experience, but alas...it is not so. :/

Guy
May 17th, 2010, 07:25 AM
It's possible they didn't bother changing the sprites from what we got since Platinum and HG/SS, and just kept newer ones for the Fifth Gen Pokémon. If anything goes to show like before though is that basically every new generation recreates new sprites for all Pokémon. It could just be that the battle footage shown currently is all based upon betas. We'll see as we come closer to the release of the game though (sometime this Fall).

Yeah, I just noticed that. We've only seen special-type attacks. I hope they show some physical-type attacks in there too. Hopefully they make it so it actually goes all the way to the opponents side for physical-type attacks instead of staying were you are and having it magically hit the opponent.
Same.

Since they've taken such a leap to actually bring a more realistic touch to battles, it would be even greater if they took that next step and made physical moves be exactly what they are: physical.

~Wind~
May 17th, 2010, 09:06 AM
personally, i LOVE it, gives the feeling that they're actually in game living things, and not just holographic images that dont move.

SpawnHyuuga
May 17th, 2010, 09:08 AM
I like this idea, very much - in fact I think I might start looking into copying it for Pokemon Essentials. ^^

Glacianus
May 17th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Cant wait! looks so awsome

abnegation
May 17th, 2010, 11:00 AM
I feel it's a lot better now that the sprites avtually move during battle, it adds a much higher sense of realism. When the pokemon attack it looks a lot more natural; rather than just taking turns the pokemon look like they're in constant action.

As for the new attack animations, I also like them quite a lot as they are much more realistic but at the same time they don't take away from the style of the game. At first i was iffy on the new battling technique but now, I'm quite pleased as I never really liked how the games were in battle. I found a lot of them just to be boring and just ended up speeding through battles without playing much attention. Now it looks a little more like Collesseum which is a step in the right direction.

Åzurε
May 23rd, 2010, 02:46 PM
The moving stuff is really cool, here's hoping for higher-res sprites in the final release.

I wish the hosts would stuff it, I wanna hear the music. xD

austin00081
May 23rd, 2010, 08:52 PM
I wish the hosts would stuff it, I wanna hear the music. xD

I'm pretty sure it's just music from d/p or r/b/y, or its actually the new battle music

Hiroshi Sotomura
May 23rd, 2010, 09:11 PM
I'm pretty sure it's just music from d/p or r/b/y, or its actually the new battle music
Just a note: it's actually all new.

abluesman100
June 14th, 2010, 07:29 PM
i think its awful and why do the backsprites have to be so bad? even the front sprites look horrible. Generation 4 finally got the sprites right, but now they r ruining them

rocky505
June 14th, 2010, 07:32 PM
It's called Beta Sprites wait until the games officially come out and they'll look better.

Dullstar
June 14th, 2010, 07:33 PM
I am hoping that's a development thing... because that's a part of Generation I that should NEVER return to the series. As much as I like Red and Blue, it's a horrible idea to bring back the back sprites...

Timbjerr
June 14th, 2010, 07:58 PM
I never noticed this until someone made this thread...just like I never noticed now pixelated the RBY backsprites were until someone complained about it years later. >_>

Once you immerse yourself in a game...any game... the quality of the graphics don't bother you.

Ravecat
June 15th, 2010, 12:56 AM
I don't follow,
what's wrong with them?

Are you referring to the fact they appear somewhat pixelled?

If so, do you realize that's what a sprite is? A collection of pixels arranged to form an image. . .
The only reason they appear blurry, you realize, is because the camera is now dynamic? The sprites and camera-angle will be constantly moving.

These are beta sprites? They will look better? What are you talking about? Not only are they not going to change all the sprites at this point but they look fine anyway and unless there's a screenshot I've missed where they actually use Red and Blue style I'm going to continue thinking very few people here ever know what they're talking about.

Mujahid
June 15th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Even i don't see the problem in sprites...they're fine for me..

enderalex
June 15th, 2010, 09:23 AM
maybe you should take a step back and look at the sprites again, they look better dont they? :) aha in all seriousness though i never noticed and still dont notice any RedandBlue back sprite style in the screenshots, thats just me though

Rei Shingetsu
June 15th, 2010, 09:26 AM
The new sprites look epic enough to me.
Stop complaining and move on, no one is asking you to buy B/W if you dislike it.

Yamikarasu
June 15th, 2010, 09:34 AM
These are beta sprites? They will look better? What are you talking about? Not only are they not going to change all the sprites at this point but they look fine anyway and unless there's a screenshot I've missed where they actually use Red and Blue style I'm going to continue thinking very few people here ever know what they're talking about.

No, they do change. Click here (http://serebii.net/picture-anime.php?diamondpearl/battle.jpg), it's a prerelease screenshot of DP. There is a possibility that they still might change around the sprites a bit. Although honestly I don't mind them so much as they are now.

Ravecat
June 15th, 2010, 09:37 AM
They're not going to change them because there's nothing wrong with them.

Starling008
June 15th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Don't you just love it how that girl in the video keeps screaming and wailing?
Although the video quality on my computer is bad(because of an unstable wireless connection), I am mildly impressed with the battle footage. It isn't a complete revolution, but it is a good step up from previous games. I just can't wait until Pokemon becomes a complete virtual reality that you yourself can step into...

RYOUKI
June 15th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Oh, man! The sprites are moving! It's nice, maybe I wont be bored in battles after all. makes me want to let it enable animating the moves.

Nikorasu
June 16th, 2010, 07:23 AM
That looks awesome :D

BUT WAIT IS THAT ZOROARK A SHAPESHIFTER?

I DIDNT KNOW THAT D: