PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Parts and features you like to see in the final version

Pages : [1] 2

LordDarkrai
May 15th, 2010, 04:38 PM
I like to see a random wifi battle option. A option to go to the other regions like Kanto, etc. And that you could make your own trainer.

Arcelio
May 15th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I like to see a random wifi battle option. A option to go to the other regions like Kanto, etc. And that you could make your own trainer.

I think they should implement Kanto, or any other Region in this game, since supposedly, this Region is really far off, so you have to take a boat/plane. So why wouldn't we be able to take a boat/plane to a different region?

I want to see a re-made version of Hoenn. I'm tired of Johto, Kanto got boring, I've been playing in Sinnoh for the last year or so. I want to go back to Hoenn.

Hiroshi Sotomura
May 15th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Given that the protagonists have been revealed already, I doubt we'd be "making our own trainer". Need to think of "final version stuff" within reason because I'm sure the idea of the new protagonists were decided earlier on, maybe last year. You don't add something like this four months before the game is due.

Please, please, no region-wishing. Kanto's been in four generations already and I reckon it's time we forgot about it. Focusing on making the region larger and chock full of stuff should definitely take priority over a second region. And you fans already got your Johto.

LordDarkrai
May 15th, 2010, 04:49 PM
You have a good point. I kind of hoping they will have a new type.

shookie
May 15th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Please, please, no region-wishing. Kanto's been in four generations already and I reckon it's time we forgot about it. Focusing on making the region larger and chock full of stuff should definitely take priority over a second region. And you fans already got your Johto.
Agreed. While Kanto is great, re-implementing it into games over and over is going to make it really boring and redundant after too long.

The customizable trainer seems like it'd be better suited for a console game, not a handheld. Most other games let you customize the protagonist by changing the colors of its hair or skin, which isn't quite the level of customization that people are looking for.

I think they spoiled a lot of people with the Poké Radar, so it'd be cool to see something like it put back in...maybe something that combines the Dowsing Machine and a radar into one, I dunno.

King Goodra
May 15th, 2010, 05:21 PM
One thing I'm interested in seeing is a more mature plot than the typical "defeat gym leaders, elite four, become champion while defending the world from an evil team after exploiting Pokémon for the sake of it." As far as criminal organizations, the only criminals that interested me were Cipher and that was due to their use of the Pokémon through shadow Pokémon. Based on the title of the game, ying and yang, I expect it to have a little more with good and evil to be in the plot. I'm really excited to see if there is a change in the plot (or even a real plot at all). The use of a plot will really push my interest in this game, apart from the wonderful battle system and graphics they're using in this generation.

I'd also like to see no Pokémon following me. I didn't like that feature that they reintroduced in HGSS. It seemed like a Yellow only kind of thing and really killed it. For me, anyway. Seeing as how I didn't see that in any of the screenshots or videos, looks like they're heading that way.

BeachBoy
May 15th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Battle Frontier.

Yeah, that's right. Break the mold, start a generation with a new frontier (no copy cats, either), don't wait for the third installment, I want a big one from the get-go. Add more facilities in the third version, but boy what ligaments I would donate for a brand new frontier. The sinnoh frontier was fine, drooled playing the Arcade and enjoyed the other facilities, but I don't honestly want to deal with a Battle Tower next year. Players have cracked the code with Choice Scarf Trick + Set-up, I want diversity from the get-go. However, that depends on what new moves and abilities are introduced, maybe it'll take us a while to expose the system / tower. :P

A frontier maniac can dream

King Goodra
May 15th, 2010, 05:34 PM
I think they should implement Kanto, or any other Region in this game, since supposedly, this Region is really far off, so you have to take a boat/plane. So why wouldn't we be able to take a boat/plane to a different region?

I want to see a re-made version of Hoenn. I'm tired of Johto, Kanto got boring, I've been playing in Sinnoh for the last year or so. I want to go back to Hoenn.
I don't want to see another region added. I do, however, want to see the Isshu region to be larger than just 8 gyms. Gym battles are something, though traditional, are something that I really enjoy when it comes to Pokémon games, and are things I look forward to the most while playing the game. With that said, the one thing I'm excited about finding out (informational-wise) is the release of information for the new gym leaders (since I am expecting that to be part of the game). I would like more than 8, though unlikely (I said the same thing about the fact that the Pokémon in battles would move, and that happened) to be included in this generation. I want a lot of features, such as the Battle Frontier to be included immediately in this generation to enhance the gameplay. I don't want to finish this game in a matter of days. I want this to last me at least a month when it comes to actually completing it.

BeachBoy
May 15th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Please, please, no region-wishing. Kanto's been in four generations already and I reckon it's time we forgot about it. Focusing on making the region larger and chock full of stuff should definitely take priority over a second region. And you fans already got your Johto.I couldn't say it any better myself. Excellent point.

flight
May 15th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Battle Frontier.

Yeah, that's right. Break the mold, start a generation with a new frontier (no copy cats, either), don't wait for the third installment, I want a big one from the get-go. Add more facilities in the third version, but boy what ligaments I would donate for a brand new frontier. The sinnoh frontier was fine, drooled playing the Arcade and enjoyed the other facilities, but I don't honestly want to deal with a Battle Tower next year. Players have cracked the code with Choice Scarf Trick + Set-up, I want diversity from the get-go. However, that depends on what new moves and abilities are introduced, maybe it'll take us a while to expose the system / tower. :P

I don't want to see another region added. I do, however, want to see the Isshu region to be larger than just 8 gyms. Gym battles are something, though traditional, are something that I really enjoy when it comes to Pokémon games, and are things I look forward to the most while playing the game. With that said, the one thing I'm excited about finding out (informational-wise) is the release of information for the new gym leaders (since I am expecting that to be part of the game). I would like more than 8, though unlikely (I said the same thing about the fact that the Pokémon in battles would move, and that happened) to be included in this generation. I want a lot of features, such as the Battle Frontier to be included immediately in this generation to enhance the gameplay. I don't want to finish this game in a matter of days. I want this to last me at least a month when it comes to actually completing it.

These posts I can agree with 100%. A new battle frontier, along with awaiting the release of the new gym leaders is something I can look forward too. I also can't wait for the release of the Elite Four and the champion; can't wait to see what they're like. xD

King Goodra
May 15th, 2010, 06:06 PM
These posts I can agree with 100%. A new battle frontier, along with awaiting the release of the new gym leaders is something I can look forward too. I also can't wait for the release of the Elite Four and the champion; can't wait to see what they're like. xD
Ah! That reminds me of something else.

The other protagonist (the one you don't choose). I would really like it that both of the protagonists have separate story lines that interlock with the other. For example, in the past, the one you didn't choose becomes your rival, an assistant to the professor, etc. I would really like it that the story line plays a main part in what happens to the one you don't choose *if they're involved in the game at all*. Something that bothered me was the fact that in the previous generation with D, P, Pt, they were the professor's assistant no matter what. It seemed so minuscule from other things they could have been and how they could have been something available only to a particular choice you made at the beginning of the game. It really would bring out a unique aspect to this generation than previous ones.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense, I tried to word it as easily as I could and even after reading it it seems to not depict what I was thinking in my head. But hopefully you get the main idea.

Kirbychu
May 15th, 2010, 06:46 PM
I like to see a random wifi battle option.
I agree. Something like PBR would suffice, but I really want them to have some sort of ranking system.

Benjamin510
May 15th, 2010, 06:54 PM
I agree. Something like PBR would suffice, but I really want them to have some sort of ranking system.

Agreed 100% When i Was playing wi-fi with people I Was wondering what if when you beat somebody, You'd get points. the amount of points you get depends on the opponents Rank. the points would be cloned into two slots, Rank slot and Shop Slot, Rank slot's points would put you into your Rank, Shop Slot would have points you could spend on items Like Thunder stone, Focus sash and other stuff.

Waffle-San
May 15th, 2010, 07:38 PM
I think I just want some true backstory. Not just, "Oh by the way this is happening, now deal with this." I mean where did Galatic come from? Where'd the plan come from. If there's such a famous legend about Dialga and Palkia why doesn't anyone seem to realise anythings up.

Backstory to give the game some maturity and depth would be amazing.

yomamathecableguy
May 15th, 2010, 07:43 PM
I've always been obsessed with the idea of the Pokemon games being more social.. like what they had in Japan with the Metallic games, and what they started with the mail items. It would be cool if your game could act like a texting device where you can receive message from others if you are connected to Wi-Fi. It would also be cool if they would add more games to the Game Corner. Last but not least, one thing that everyone seems to want, I would LOVE if the Pokemon sprites didn't just move back and forth during attacks, but if they actually animated along with the attack. That would be amazing. Oh also last for real this time, I wish the cries were a bit better, considering that they still use the 8-bit cries in these DS games. >.>

JAK3
May 16th, 2010, 04:34 AM
I agree with BeachBoy, a Battle frontier would be great! I remember how fun it was in Emerald so why not? Plus, it gives us even more to do once we are done exploring the Isshu region!

Weird
May 16th, 2010, 06:14 AM
I think they should bring a new type in. The games are black and white, so there should be a light type. There should also be a dark gym. The evil team should be a bit more evil. In all generations except 1 and 2 the teams where kind of stupid.

Hybrid Trainer
May 16th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Well the thing that i want to have is the Pokemon following you again but this time with more options, like being able to dress the OW up and stuff (i mean how cool would it be to have a rattata or something following you with a top hat one!)

Vrai
May 16th, 2010, 07:42 AM
One thing I'm interested in seeing is a more mature plot than the typical "defeat gym leaders, elite four, become champion while defending the world from an evil team after exploiting Pokémon for the sake of it." As far as criminal organizations, the only criminals that interested me were Cipher and that was due to their use of the Pokémon through shadow Pokémon. Based on the title of the game, ying and yang, I expect it to have a little more with good and evil to be in the plot. I'm really excited to see if there is a change in the plot (or even a real plot at all). The use of a plot will really push my interest in this game, apart from the wonderful battle system and graphics they're using in this generation.

I'd also like to see no Pokémon following me. I didn't like that feature that they reintroduced in HGSS. It seemed like a Yellow only kind of thing and really killed it. For me, anyway. Seeing as how I didn't see that in any of the screenshots or videos, looks like they're heading that way.

Yeah. I'm all for plot-heavy games, which I think would definitely spark my interest the most in this gen. If there's any decent attempt at having an in-depth, mature plot (or maybe even a not-mature plot; heck, any attempt at a plot at all would be awesome), I'd love to play the games so much more.

I didn't really like the Pokémon following either. It was basically pointless after you got over the fact that you have a Pokémon following you. ):

As far as another region, I really think it's unlikely that we'd have any existing region incorporated with Isshu. I mean, with Johto and Kanto covered in the last game, it would be stupid to add either of those two again and Hoenn was only a generation ago. I have some thoughts about them including a Hoenn remake in this generation, but that's not going to happen in Black and White.

And again, I agree with an elongation of the game. It would be really nice if they had other things to do along with the regular storyline too; plenty of things like sidequests and background stories would be nice additions.

I think I just want some true backstory. Not just, "Oh by the way this is happening, now deal with this." I mean where did Galatic come from? Where'd the plan come from. If there's such a famous legend about Dialga and Palkia why doesn't anyone seem to realise anythings up.

Backstory to give the game some maturity and depth would be amazing.

Agreement. Hopefully with the maturity of the players we also get the maturity of the plot.

I've always been obsessed with the idea of the Pokemon games being more social.. like what they had in Japan with the Metallic games, and what they started with the mail items. It would be cool if your game could act like a texting device where you can receive message from others if you are connected to Wi-Fi. It would also be cool if they would add more games to the Game Corner. Last but not least, one thing that everyone seems to want, I would LOVE if the Pokemon sprites didn't just move back and forth during attacks, but if they actually animated along with the attack. That would be amazing. Oh also last for real this time, I wish the cries were a bit better, considering that they still use the 8-bit cries in these DS games. >.>

I doubt they'd ever make it like a texting device. There's a reason that Pokémon games have their included "vocabulary". Isn't that what your phone is for anyway?

If you've seen the latest Pokémon Sunday, you'd understand that the sprites are indeed animated while you do things like select your move. It's like they're actually breathing. <3

I rather like the cries. I don't think they should ever change them, because then that'd give them a totally weird feel, don't you think? What if Pikachu actually sounded like a mouse instead of that indescribable sound it makes?

I think they should bring a new type in. The games are black and white, so there should be a light type. There should also be a dark gym. The evil team should be a bit more evil. In all generations except 1 and 2 the teams where kind of stupid.

I stand firmly against new types. If they made a new type, I likely won't even buy the game and if I do, I probably won't have much fun playing it. I just don't like the idea of taking something that's so well done (in this case our pretty type chart) and breaking it just to "add" something new and throwing off the chart that I've memorized and known ever since I was six, which makes that almost ten years for me. ):

Evil-er teams (more or less like Cipher) would be nice, and a Dark-type gym is equally as likely as any other gym, I think - perhaps even more so since it hasn't been done yet.

Rich Boy Rob
May 16th, 2010, 08:10 AM
I couldn't agree more with those who are suggesting a more plot heavy game. One of the problem with the games so far is how your character just seems to battle the team(s) for the sake of it. I'd also be pleased with a Battle Frontier and would also like more focus on contests (if they are included), because at the moment basically nothing happens when you've completed them. I want a Grand Festival.

Smo-King
May 16th, 2010, 08:38 PM
I want Brock to be the champion. And I want him to have a beard.

"Hi there! I'm Brock, the champion. It took a long time for me to get where I am today, but I think it's been worth it. What do you say? Do you have what it takes to be a champion of the modern era? Come on!"

Cue generation 1 gym leader battle theme. That would be so awesome.

Eternal Nightmare
May 16th, 2010, 10:06 PM
I don't know about you guys but I get tired of looking like everyone else xD. I vote on a something such as "customization" especially with all these people bashing the new girl trainers looks. Throughout the game you can pick up more clothes and acessories. I'm also in favor of "build your own gym." While it sounds stupid, I always wondered how running a pokemon gym would be like. One last thing could be, what someone said in another thread, a hybrid breeding system. Breeding two pokemon like tauros and miltank will produce a baby unobtainable unless by breeding these two pokemon together.

I also agree with more plot heavy stuff. I also think more attention to contest could be paid. Maybe if the games did it the same way it does it in the anime it would be more fun. Lastly, a pokemon league would be nice as well.

loliwin
May 16th, 2010, 10:16 PM
I want a GTS, but for battling purposes. It'd be like there'd be one room to battle random people you dont know and some private rooms where you can battle your friends.

genofunk
May 16th, 2010, 10:38 PM
I hope that in Black and White you get to actually surf, fly, or ride on the actual pokémon instead of a black blob.

Alternative
May 16th, 2010, 11:03 PM
What I'd like to see in the new Pokemon games would be more of an urban life thing. Say if you walk down the street from your house you don't see long grass everywhere and people picking fights all the time as you walk to the next suburb. I'd like to see more cities that look like cities you would see nowadays.

If you remember FR/LG and looked in the PokeDex, you would see Pokemon from where they're usually found, likke forests or urban areas. EG: Meowth was an Urban Pokemon, so I'd imagine you could go down the alley or something and find a wild, stray Meowth for capture.

This is the sort of thing I would like to see in the next game.

vibratingcat
May 17th, 2010, 01:33 AM
What I'd like to see in the new Pokemon games would be more of an urban life thing. Say if you walk down the street from your house you don't see long grass everywhere and people picking fights all the time as you walk to the next suburb. I'd like to see more cities that look like cities you would see nowadays.

If you remember FR/LG and looked in the PokeDex, you would see Pokemon from where they're usually found, likke forests or urban areas. EG: Meowth was an Urban Pokemon, so I'd imagine you could go down the alley or something and find a wild, stray Meowth for capture.

This is the sort of thing I would like to see in the next game.
same here. though they do need patches of grass around the place and people picking fights on you is necessary to level up (atleast to me). it would be also cool to explore like deserted buildings like a shopping mall or a factory or something.

A Pixy
May 17th, 2010, 03:28 AM
I want 6 slots for attacks instead of four. Two should be reserved for Status attacks. Two for battle attacks. And two should be wild cards. I'd like that. :D

Swinoob
May 17th, 2010, 05:04 AM
How about a new fire type donkey Pokemon that you can breed with a Ponyta or Rapidash [which are horses] to get a fire type mule? [If you don't know what I mean, real life farmers often breed donkeys and horses together to get mules.]

MistahDude
May 17th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Pokemon Battle Revolution had random single and double battles, I would like to have that. I would also like 4 way battles, tag team battles, and maybe 3 of my pokemon against 3 of their pokemon AT ONCE. (3 on 3 battles)

myrrhman
May 18th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Pokemon Battle Revolution had random single and double battles, I would like to have that. I would also like 4 way battles, tag team battles, and maybe 3 of my pokemon against 3 of their pokemon AT ONCE. (3 on 3 battles)
This.

I have many friends who like playing Pokemon, but we can't all battle. A four way battle would be awesome, as well as a 2 on 2 battle (if they don't already have that, which I don't think they do). Maybe a battle royale against a gym leader. All 6 of your Pokemon vs. all 6 of his.

I personally (although I know they won't do this) want to eventually see a multiplayer Pokemon game. Like you get two DS's and can do the entire storyline with a friend. That includes gym leader battles (Tate and Liza were getting really close to this) where either it is a two on one fight against the gym leader (after all, they're supposed to be really strong, they should be able to fight against two opponents) or bring in actual two people that are gym leaders for you and a partner to fight.

bwburke94
May 26th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Raichu can hold Light Ball...
Ditch the Spinda alternate form nonsense...

Anyway, a Wi-Fi ranking system would only work if it was similar to Mario Kart DS, but taking disconnects into account. Notice I said Mario Kart DS, not Wii since MKW's ranking system is insane.

Mortalis
May 26th, 2010, 04:10 PM
I would love Wi-Fi Battle option at the GTS building and a ranking system.
I would also like to see another character from a previous generation appear as a gym leader, elite four, champion or a fronteir brain; Misty, Brock, Blue, Lt. Surge, etc.

xDaisuke0
May 26th, 2010, 05:48 PM

Yes, The social idea. I really want Wi-Fi to be implemented even more so. I don't know what ways they can be but just that they are. The texting thing or even a phone kind of thing. It needs to be more interactive in-game too. More side-quests, more characters, and an in-depth original main story. I really hope BW is EPIC. It looks as if it is so far...

Sora's Nobody
May 27th, 2010, 03:32 AM
This.

I have many friends who like playing Pokemon, but we can't all battle. A four way battle would be awesome, as well as a 2 on 2 battle (if they don't already have that, which I don't think they do). Maybe a battle royale against a gym leader. All 6 of your Pokemon vs. all 6 of his.

I personally (although I know they won't do this) want to eventually see a multiplayer Pokemon game. Like you get two DS's and can do the entire storyline with a friend. That includes gym leader battles (Tate and Liza were getting really close to this) where either it is a two on one fight against the gym leader (after all, they're supposed to be really strong, they should be able to fight against two opponents) or bring in actual two people that are gym leaders for you and a partner to fight. YEah!!! And if you got ahead of you're friend, you can just pop over and help him!

shengar
May 27th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Another character cameo, 7 or 8 party slot, more convenient user interface, and great music

Kenshin5
May 31st, 2010, 08:58 PM
What are new things or maybe some things you wish would make a return in Black & White? Sorry if this thread is already in place if it is then by all means lock it.

For me I would like to see.

More Fire types
Stronger or and a more abundant amount of trainers
Higher levels for pokemon encountered in the wild.
Improved GTS, I would like to see the info on the pokemon I am trading for that would be nice to know before I commence with a trade.
Definitely Higher level Elite 4 members because the 1st wave in Heart Gold and Soul Silver seemed pitiful.
A worthy organization to fight again, because all there peons use just about the same pokemon I would like to see more variation with that.
A challenging Rival

Magmarizer
May 31st, 2010, 09:46 PM
I would like to be able to become a trainee in a gym of my chosing then rise up and eventually become a gym leader. As a gym leader then, you could control the layout and puzzle of the gym.

Slater32794
June 1st, 2010, 12:54 AM
I would like to make a party set which will make easy to switch from different ( if this mad sense to anybody)

cystar
June 1st, 2010, 01:43 AM
I would like if the rivals team was random in every new game you started

lionrt60
June 1st, 2010, 01:45 AM
I would like to be able to become a trainee in a gym of my chosing then rise up and eventually become a gym leader. As a gym leader then, you could control the layout and puzzle of the gym.awesome idea :D then others could challenge you over wifi:D

I would like if the rivals team was random in every new game you startedagain, awesome idea:D

billi1000
June 1st, 2010, 03:48 AM
I really wish that Nintendo will let the gamers choose the sprite of the character they're using, and have a variety of choices as well. I would also like to see a character like red returning to the scene, where you can challenge him at the very end of the game.

SinisterEternity
June 1st, 2010, 04:05 AM
I personally would looove it if you could actually use more than four moves in battle >.>
And why not a feature that allows you to "really" fly, and see the pokemon and the trainer flying in the sky, aaaand you'd have the choice between flying and fighting flying pokemon, or just pass the fly scene. I dunno x333333

PKMN Trainer Silver
June 1st, 2010, 04:20 AM
I would like to see

-Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond (the leading males from past generations) up for battle. I mean Gold defeats Red so if you want a challenge, there you go.
-More Dragons. I'm sick of fearing the Ice Beam/Ice Punch and a 4x weakness to it with all non-legendary dragons, save Kingdra.
-A Dark Pokemon Gym...

Lickeh Lickeh
June 1st, 2010, 04:25 AM
More original pokemon, not a lot of evolutions and pre evolutions like Sinnoh seemed to have a lot of.

shengar
June 1st, 2010, 04:39 AM
National Elite Four and National Champion. Farfetch'd evolution. Bug-type pseudo-legendary. Both contest and Pokeathlon added. Team Rocket return, with Giovanni as their leader and stay true to his intention. more Ghost, more likely a combination of Fire/Ghost. Less useful HM. Increased max team member. More distinctive Gym Leader, like in generation I and III.

Hybrid Theory
June 1st, 2010, 04:55 AM
I'd like for all HM's to become TM's so I don't have to worry about deleting a good move. =p

Horizon
June 1st, 2010, 05:06 AM
@OP: But wild Pokémon do have levels? Unless that was a typo.

I'd like to see the Partner Pokémon feature make a return, but choose which member of your party follows you and it could be turned on and off at will.

Myles
June 1st, 2010, 05:32 AM
What about instead of HMs, a replacement that is similar to Pokemon Ranger. Each species of Pokemon would have one special 'technique' (separate to moves and abilities) which functions as the out-of-battle aspect of HMs (and other moves that can be used out of battle).

Important ones (like Cut and Surf) would require a Badge to use (maybe their name would be faded until you get it); unimportant ones (like Teleport and Softboil) wouldn't.

To get around the fact that you cant use 'technique' slaves, it could be that things blocking importants passages stay cut/smashed/etc. Only unimportant ones (like cuttable trees blocking berries) regenerate.

For Rock Climb, important passage ones could make the rocks fall, revealing a staircase, after use. For Surf, you could learn to swim eventually (or get a surfboard or something); to make Surf not instantly useless after that, maybe make 'deep' water (like stuff that can be dove in) require a surfing Pokemon. For Waterfall, maybe just not make it not block important passages (after all, it's usually only to get to Victory Road anyway, just have a guy checking for bages there, like back in the day).

Maybe then we could get some more unimportant techniques as well, like Foresight.

sblunix
June 1st, 2010, 08:54 AM
I'd like to see the Partner Pokémon feature make a return, but choose which member of your party follows you and it could be turned on and off at will.

100% Agreed, I really enjoyed this feature in Yellow and in SoulSilver... Having in Black/White would definitely add to the fun value.

Robert Conley
June 1st, 2010, 08:55 AM
I would like to be able to become a trainee in a gym of my chosing then rise up and eventually become a gym leader. As a gym leader then, you could control the layout and puzzle of the gym.

I'd really like to see this too. It could end up working similar to how many puzzle games work now in that you set it up upload it and then others can download it and play it. Maybe a special gym could be set up in one of the towns that when you enter an attendant presents you with a list of gyms you can download and play along with the option to make your own if you've met the criteria. I really like the idea of being able to control how a gym is set up and what all of the trainers have, of course there would also be a Healing station in every gym by default since in a Normal gym you can go back to the Pokemon center whenever you want. The only big thing I'd like to see changed between user made and in game gyms is that when you lose you are kicked out of the gym and made to start over so that a proper ranking system could be used.

As for me I'd really like to see some of the evolution items get more use, Particularly things like the Dragon Scale, Protector and various other trade evolution items that are only useful to evolve one Pokemon.

IsThatAnUmbreonIsee?
June 1st, 2010, 03:44 PM
i agree with gym trainee but only in a different game or after elite for somehow if it was before elite that would ruin the original soul of pokemon games

Dubstep
June 1st, 2010, 03:47 PM
Not tl;dr. Especially if I'm replaying a Pokemon game, I find myself watching TV or something as I repeatedly tap B and wait for the recycled plot to be done with.

Lancelot-sama!
June 1st, 2010, 03:48 PM
I'd like to see gym leader, elite 4 members, and the champion have no specific type whatsoever. I'd prefer it if gyms focused on certain strategies and perhaps certain stats pokemon have (like HP, attack, defense, etc.) rather than pokemon of a certain type. I mean I don't like it when only one of my pokemon will have an advantage against a gym leader and the rest of team has some serious catching up to do with exp. points. That's why I really liked the gym leader Blue and the Sinnoh champion Cynthia because they used a variety of pokemon.

I also want to see more pokemon of a specific type, like fire. Each generation there's a lack of fire type pokemon & it saddens me, as well as grass type pokemon (I think).

More secret areas unlocked after/more stuff unlocked after game; in other words I want to do more after I beat the game. Like maybe you can go back to certain cities or towns or maybe even more places are unlocked. HG/SS completed this for me with kanto but I hope maybe something the same or even smaller will happen in B/W.

No more pre-evos and additional evos, so far Gen 5 is all original & I want it to stay that way. The Gens that were mostly original were Gen 3 & of course Gen 1 which was all original (obviously).

Other than that Black & White has pretty much succeed in all of my other wishes, such as major changes to the battling system, older protagonists, more involved character interaction, great graphics, another promising generation of pokemon <3, and cool names x3.

Gary Oak FTW
June 1st, 2010, 04:09 PM
3 way battling pleaseeee.

garnetdagger
June 1st, 2010, 04:21 PM
I really wish that Nintendo will let the gamers choose the sprite of the character they're using, and have a variety of choices as well...

I completely agree with this. I don't usually mind the sprites that are given, but a little options couldn't hurt any.

I personally would looove it if you could actually use more than four moves in battle >.>
And why not a feature that allows you to "really" fly, and see the pokemon and the trainer flying in the sky, aaaand you'd have the choice between flying and fighting flying pokemon, or just pass the fly scene. I dunno x333333

I've always wanted this...I could see how this could easily get annoying, though. xP So the option to be able to skip it should also be included if this were to happen.

This, too. I love the Pokemon Partner feature option, but it would be way better if you could choose who walks with you, but it doesn't have to be the first Pokemon in line. It annoys some people too, so you should be able to turn it off as well.

I can't think of anything else I would like to see....so that's it for now. xP

Shadow_Knux
June 1st, 2010, 08:08 PM
100% Agreed, I really enjoyed this feature in Yellow and in SoulSilver... Having in Black/White would definitely add to the fun value.
Honestly, this is the only feature B/W need to have for me to buy this. Otherwise, they will have to be significantly more awesome than previous games.

*Minun*
June 4th, 2010, 04:43 PM
How about instead of actually doing battles and stuff while flying there could be a version of the sinnoh underground in the sky where everyone flies around on their chosen pokemon? I'd like that more. Especially if there were battles because I sort of wanted that from the underground

miley810
June 4th, 2010, 06:15 PM
I would like to see the pokemon walking with you like in the Johto games.I would also like to see you getting more eggs in the games a lot more frequently alternet of like two per game.It would be nice if they had better grafics where the pokemon almost seem real.Also this may seem strang but it would be cool if the was a wifi art museum that you could draw pokemon in.The 1 other thing I would like to see is if the pokemon walk with you or in battle you could see cloths you have the choice of putting on your pokemon for show.The last thing is if you could change your person's cloths all the time that would be realy cool.Sorry if you do like my ideas but I would be cool if game would be exactly like you imagened them.

DeathJusty
June 4th, 2010, 06:39 PM
I want to see Triple battles because it would be SICK

Gary Oak FTW
June 4th, 2010, 06:46 PM
You and me both,just imagine it (:

PokeWe
June 4th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Create your own pokeballs would be cool. Not like seals, those were annoying when depositing pokemon. >.<

Xebelleon
June 4th, 2010, 07:35 PM
These are all what I would NOT want to see:

~ multiple save file/(s)
~ dual-type attacks
~ Pokemon have both abilities available, rather than having one and not the other (Kangaskhan good, Lucario bad)
~ LIGHT as an alignment type
~ DSi camera implementation
~ Facebook on PC...
~ pay Nintendo to use Wi-Fi... on top of who you do/don't pay for your internet

What I want to see:

~ battle animation off
~ text color option (words in red, blue, pink, rainbow)
~ cinematic skipping
~ catch Pokemon for your Mom OR the Professor's (questionable?) personal use

`MorningSun
June 4th, 2010, 07:44 PM
An Actual Story. Simple
Also I don't want to see dual-type moves either and no more dragon legendaries. We have enough :).

WiiMann
June 5th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Pokemon walk with you. I love the feature on HG/SS and i'd love to see it in most if not all future generations. Or at least and option to walk with them or not.

Blubber300
June 6th, 2010, 07:43 AM
actually doing the moves with the stylus, like for Fire Blast, you draw a circle and then flick it at the enemy

Toshiro.
June 6th, 2010, 02:05 PM
I hope that your pokemon will be able to walk with you again like they were able to in HGSS. Love that feature.

Kirbychu
June 6th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Screw that.

Let's skip straight to four!

Red1530
June 6th, 2010, 02:58 PM
I would like to see the GTS allow you to for Pokémon you have not seen and no ribbon restrictions. Also random Wi-Fi battles would be great.

Eeohnex
June 6th, 2010, 03:01 PM
I hope that your pokemon will be able to walk with you again like they were able to in HGSS. Love that feature.
This.

I don't think Black and White is going to have this feature, sadly. From what we have seen, the characters are walking by themselves. It would be nice if it had an option that lets you chose if you want your Pokémon to walk with you or be in its Pokéball.

Recontra1234
June 6th, 2010, 03:29 PM
I want an in-game tournament/league. Like the anime.

Storm_has_formed
June 6th, 2010, 03:50 PM
I want an in-game tournament/league. Like the anime.

I would love this, but i doubt it will fit on a DS cart... :disappoin

Riku
June 6th, 2010, 04:51 PM
I wanna see more RPG elements in the game-- sidequests, missions, etc. that can influence what Pokemon you can ultimately wind up getting or miss out on. Same goes for items. I know that as soon as AR codes come out it would pretty much negate the selectivity, but.... it'd be fun.

SamCooper
June 6th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I doubt this will ever happen, but I hope they make it so Zubats or whatever don't ambush you every three steps in a cave. Maybe they could have some areas in caves where you won't get attacked (like tall grass outside, but obviously you can't have grass in a cave).

Goddamn Zubats.

jd93
June 13th, 2010, 06:37 PM
I'm hoping for more baby pokemon first of all. I'd also like to see a more complex breeding system (that it isn't always the female that determines what species) Maybe the ability to get random eggs via a game corner or mystery gift. I hope that we get an even amount of cute looking pokemon along with tough, cool looking pokemon. I hope they keep the pokemon follows you thing. It would be a dream come true if they made certain pokemon mountable as a slightly faster way to get around than running. I have big hopes for this game!

EmeraldSerenade
June 13th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Random LIVE Wifi Battles. You could rack up points and gain prizes!

...Oh wait, isn't that already the battle frontier? Dx

I hope we get the follow feature back.

SargeantMajorKururu
June 13th, 2010, 06:52 PM
I want to be able to have "friends". You know like when you team up with Riley in DP? Similar to that, but you could just call them up on the phone (if that's in the game) and ask them to team up with you. I would want to team up with a Gym Leader!

Euonymus
June 13th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Instead of 1-1 trades, I'd like to see blockbuster trades become implemented. 4-1, 6-6 ex. At the very least, be able to trade more than one pokemon at a time

Thunderhead
June 13th, 2010, 07:01 PM
To do Battle Frontier double team with Gym Leaders/Friends you meet.

pkmn.master
June 13th, 2010, 07:16 PM
I'd like a long post-game.

enderalex
June 13th, 2010, 08:00 PM
so far this game is great,
but 1. longer story, i want this game to take a while :p
2. at least some sort of a plot
3. a better friend system, i dont think the friendcode thing is great, well i like the friend code but you should have a user name that goes w/ it and all you'd have to do is type the fc in and the persons user name pops up.
4. similar touch screen menu as in HG/SS, i really loved it
5. uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yea def more gym leaders aha
theres more but i cant think of it right now :p

Astinus
June 13th, 2010, 08:23 PM
~ battle animation off
Don't they already have that? Or am I thinking of something completely different? Because I have the option set so that there's no battle animation when I play, just the Pokemon flashing when hit.

I'd like a long post-game.
This. There should be something more to do once the Elite Four is defeated, especially for those who don't have much interest in battling on the Frontier. Just more of a story that doesn't suddenly end once the title of Champion is achieved.

Sansa Stark
June 13th, 2010, 08:53 PM
This. There should be something more to do once the Elite Four is defeated, especially for those who don't have much interest in battling on the Frontier. Just more of a story that doesn't suddenly end once the title of Champion is achieved.
Indeed, I have to agree. The only games with actual plot [of the main story] progression post-E4 were Diamond/Pearl/Platinum in form of the Start Mountain/Team Galactic thing. ):
I mean, yes, you have the stint in Kanto in GSC/HGSS . . but the most you get with Plot [I guess the plot is the Team Rocket Revival oh no!!-thing] is that guy in Cerulean. And . . the Celebi Event, I guess. ):

I saw someone mention to bring back the previous male protagonists as people to battle. I agree with this, yet the female protagonists as well. (:

SargeantMajorKururu
June 13th, 2010, 08:57 PM
On the topicof the protagonists, I had an awesome idea. What if you could not only go to all four regions, they each had a new mountain in them? Kanto's would be Mount Yellow, Jhoto's would be Mount Crystal, Hoenn's would be Mount Emerald, Sinnoh's would be Mount Platinum. And they each have a protagonist on the peak from their individual games!

NA3LKER
June 13th, 2010, 11:24 PM
the only thing i really want to see is a simple safari zone! the safari zone in HGSS was waaaay to complicated, nobody, without a guide, is gonna figure our how to get the pokemon they want

cystar
June 14th, 2010, 01:46 AM
i agree i would love to see random wifi battles

LordDarkrai
June 14th, 2010, 02:23 AM
i agree i would love to see random wifi battles

They confirm that's in the next games.

MrGriszell
June 14th, 2010, 02:57 AM
I would like to see more of a story with the gym leaders, out of all the gym leaders in the anime none of them were just there waiting for you. Maybe have a event involving them before you get there badge, after you beat them, and then after you become champion........... And also i want people to reconize that you have captured a legendary pokemon to make it seem real

Horizon
June 19th, 2010, 01:43 AM
Inorite, great marketing strategy by the company, eh?

I'm not holding up many hopes for gamebreaking improvements. heck, I'm hoping that they don't change things that don't need to be changed. I'm a big fan of the if it ain't broke don't fix it cliché when it comes to pokémon games, and in my view it's just a ploy to hype up the game.

Cherrim
June 19th, 2010, 07:18 AM
I'll try to look for my source later...

Anyways, I was doing some reading on Black and White and somewhere it said something about adding new things to the games that we've never seen before and that we would never expect. Now I'm not referring to the random new features such as a new app or something (although they might be referring to this) but the way they foreshadowed it makes it seem as Game Freak decided to take a different path than the ones they've been taking since Pokemon started.

For instance, in Black and White, the protagonists aren't 10 or 11, but they actually look to be in their teens.

What else do you think will be done with these games?
Merged into the other "what do you want/think will happen with the games" thread. :s It's not as gadget-related but it's still the same general thread premise.

Haowakeorden
June 19th, 2010, 11:55 AM
In-game pedometer. Don't know why they left that out of HeartGold/SoulSilver...
Bigger region. Much bigger.
Stronger wild Pokémon. I think we could all support the addition of level 60+ wilds late in the game, like in Generation I.
Smarter trainers. For the Gym Leaders and Elite Four, I could live with Battle-Tower-level intelligence.

δ Delta Species in Generation V

Sammuthegreat
June 25th, 2010, 02:27 PM
1. No more HMs

2. Heart Scales more easily available

3. Being able to let your Pokemon out of their balls; also, choosing a Pokemon to follow you around, not necessarily having only your lead Pokemon

I have so many more in a compendium I've made of all the good ideas I've seen on various fora and websites, so I may post more later...

Crysta Blade
June 25th, 2010, 02:40 PM
I want the Fame Checker to come back. I totally love getting insight into characters.

Astinus
June 25th, 2010, 02:44 PM
the only thing i really want to see is a simple safari zone! the safari zone in HGSS was waaaay to complicated, nobody, without a guide, is gonna figure our how to get the pokemon they want
Exactly. While it was an interesting feature to have which Pokemon appeared in the Safari Zone be based on the amount of days, it's too excessive with the personalization items and wait time. I would like to catch a certain Pokemon I have my eye on without needing to wait seventy days when I could use it now.

I also agree that there should be stronger wild Pokemon in the late-game areas. It would make it easier to continue training my Pokemon to level 100, instead of a longer period of training time because I can't find anything higher than fifty-five, I'll say.

iPowers
June 28th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Whether it already exists or you wanna make it up what do you hope they'll put into it?

For one thing I hope they make more badass pokemon and I hope the rumors about revealing the GS ball relating to Celebi like they should of done is true.

But I really hope they'll do a sequal to pokemon xd gale of darkness or make a new battle revolution that's a lot like Pokemon Stadium. Or better yet even both! maybe have an Adventure mode then a Stadium mode.

I also hope the gameplay will be longer and won't be too quick to finish.

Finally I think this is a big one. I really REALLY REALLY hope they'll remake Ruby and Sapphire, maybe a MagmaRuby and an AquaSapphire or something. It'd also be cool if they redo Yellow, Blue, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum someday but I doubt that'll happen.

franko94
July 8th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Idk about anyone else but pokemon over level 100 would be good like maybe up to 150 or 200
simpler safari zone
More pokemon in the daycare
Pokemon follow you around
longer story line
more areas
missions

Volroc
July 8th, 2010, 08:51 AM
I hope that in Black and White you get to actually surf, fly, or ride on the actual pokémon instead of a black blob.

technically if you look at the sprite closely that "black blob" is wailmer in gen3, and empoleon in gen4 :P *points to the obvious tail,and fens on the sides&how its elongated*

from the look of Isshu,i dont think we will be seeing much of surf O.O

i want plot, pokemon walkin behind us, and hoenn contests back :D also pokeathelon and the safari zone from johto ^_^

GrifSpark
July 8th, 2010, 09:27 AM
I'd like to see the Partner feature from Yellow, SoulSilver and HeartGold return to Black/White, it really increased the fun factor. Also, a random WIFI battle feature, so you can have a quick battle with whoever fits your criteria.
(E.G. Lv.50 DoubleBattle)
A Gym creator would be fun. You could also set up the
Gyms-Type and how many trainers and with which Pokemon, then you could share your Gyms with other people. And I'd love to see a trainer sprite creator, it would make your game seem more personal. And maybe catching certain Pokemon in the city? Urban Pokemon like Meowth and Mr.Mime maybe?

Anyway, those are my thoughts.
Enjoy!

P.S. I'd love the idea of facing each region Protanganist in their own region. And on their own dungeon area related to their home region. For example;

Kanto - Red - Mt. Silver (Same as G/S/C and HG/SS)
Johto - Gold - Montire Island (*Shug* Jhoto is the second most water based of all the regions)
Hoenn - Ruby - Lagora Desert (Hoenn is the hottest of all current regions)
Sinnoh - Diamond - Frost Hill (While Sinnoh is the coldest)

CacturneRules123
July 8th, 2010, 11:47 AM
I would love if you could go to the other regions and make a better battle froniter!
The battle froniter in P/Hg/SS isn't really that cool

Totaldile
July 8th, 2010, 01:49 PM
I want the gym leaders to be a good 5 levels+ higher than the gym trainers. Not high enough so that we have to grind, but high enough so that we have to use strategy and not just spam flamethrower.
And I want the gym leaders to use items like the choice scarf, to boost their pokemon, as such to have real movesets rather than four random moves that don't compliment each other at all. I want my gym battles to be hard.

Also I want to encourage using all four moves, such as Pokemon "learning". Each time your opponent uses a move, you "learn" a bit about it and it does less damage next time, and vice versa with your opponent, forcing you to use strategy.

And what about combo moves, like ice beam + aqua jet = ice aqua jet?
Or "counter"moves, e.g. using flamethrower after your opponent uses razor leaf as a counter to burn the leaves.

cest la vie
July 8th, 2010, 05:49 PM
I don't think most of these would happen, but everyone can wish, right?

the ability to move moves around again!

I want better dialogue with the extra's.there should be a few phrases they have (maybe not for all of the extras, but at least some) For example they could say
oh! my friend also has *insert pokemon at the head of your party*
Yesterday I heard you won *insert badge* etc

I want detailed sub-plots.They should be optional though.
for example, A scientist is investigating the differences between pokemon of the same species. he needs x amount of pokemon raised to x level. When you do that, he then wants to see the difference between trainer raised pokemon and a daycare raised pokemon. Then maybe he wants to see how much happiness (or lack there of ) effects return/frustation. Etc. But I don't want it to be, hey you did one thing for me, here have a gift and then I'll say the same message over and over.

Maybe a ending to a mission like that could be "Thanks! I think that I know everything I need. I'll ring you when I've analysed the results" when he has analysed them, they could say "Hey! remember the experiment you helped me with? well it's nominated with for a prize! if I win, you can half of the prize!" then afterwards it'd be "Guess what? I won! The prize was 10,000 pokedollars, a 10 rare berries and a fire stone. Here, have 5,000 pokedollars, 5 berries and you can have the fire stone, i have no need for it"

Other missions could include mentoring younger trainers, protecting places, doing errands for people.
There also should be a way to keep track of what you've done, like a sticker to put on your trainer card or something.
I realise that things like these are already in the games, but I find them lacking. I'd like them to take awhile.

More family involvement! Though now the character is older, it's less likely to happen. Maybe your mum (why is it the mum is the only constant family character? what about siblings, aunts uncles fathers? I know not all kids playing have dads etc, but I don't see my dad a lot and I still find it's strange in all of the games, only one has a dad in it ) Will call you when you enter a town and say something like "Oh, you're in *insert town name* your uncle lives there! pay him a visit."

If there is something like the pokeathlon, you could train your pokemon, which would raise their stats. not just rely on aprijuice/poffins/etc

Also when you walk up to the house a door could appear on the bottom screen and you tap it. Some wouldn't open, it'd say something like oh... it appears the people aren't home. I think it would be better then having houses without doors >.<

And another thing that annoys me is everyone in the game assumes you look after your pokemon well. I think pokemon should have some kind of upkeep. IE, the pokemon in your party need brushing every so often or their happiness drops. And if you don't brush them, other people will comment on it. Maybe introduce health issues too? like toothaches, flu etc, They wouldn't happen a lot (maybe a average of a problem every ten hours played) and it wouldn't be caused by battles. You'd take it to the poke centre and they'd give you medicine that you should give once a day for X amount of days. While it is sick it might only have 3/4ths of it's HP.

Migueliscool
July 8th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Good ideas but I would wish (like stated earlier) that there was more than 8 badges.
But not making it mandatory to go to each gym. Instead we choose the 8 gyms we want to go to. That would be so cool

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
July 8th, 2010, 08:52 PM
The feature to evolve pokemon that only evolve by trade in a new method so it would be easier to get those pokemon :)

Angelroid
July 8th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Whatever, They throw at us for the games.

I'll be happy.:)

July 8th, 2010, 11:31 PM
A new cool, Original battle frontier in the first two versions :)!

Myles
July 9th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Okay, I've got two more.

Speed up trades. Making logging into the trade system and going over to the trade machine and things easier and automatically. Remove or (really) speed up the trade animation. Maybe allow multi-trades and trading boxed Pokemon.

Remove babies from the wild. They're starting to lose their 'baby' qualities because of this and are become just cute and weak Pokemon. Also, add extra advantages to breeding them. Like further increasing their level-up moves for more baby-only moves. And maybe even doing something like making it so that the wild (e.g.) Magmar have only one available ability, but Magby have two possible and it's kept when evolving.

July 9th, 2010, 02:08 AM
Okay, I've got two more.

Speed up trades. Making logging into the trade system and going over to the trade machine and things easier and automatically. Remove or (really) speed up the trade animation. Maybe allow multi-trades and trading boxed Pokemon.

Remove babies from the wild. They're starting to lose their 'baby' qualities because of this and are become just cute and weak Pokemon. Also, add extra advantages to breeding them. Like further increasing their level-up moves for more baby-only moves. And maybe even doing something like making it so that the wild (e.g.) Magmar have only one available ability, but Magby have two possible and it's kept when evolving.I like these ideas :). The trades are very slow in Gen 4...

Tropical Sunlight
July 9th, 2010, 05:29 AM
I'd like to see a Pokemon that's only obtainable by breeding 2 specific Pokemon. :D

empty streets
July 9th, 2010, 05:42 AM
* One pokemon can learn more than 4 moves, at least 5-6.
* More violence from villains.

Elite Trainer Red
July 9th, 2010, 01:12 PM
maybe a fly system sorta like in the First Scene of Pokemon Ranger Tracks of Light,
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/ranger3/about/images/ranger/img_01.png (http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/ranger3/about/images/ranger/img_01.png)
but change the guys on the hover things to pokemon that fire attacks at you?
and once all the attacks go past you arrive at your destination and possibility you could throw pokeballs at them? like on the screen without the scene on it there shows like a battle dialog with no pokemon option that says like "its impossible to send out a pokemon this high up" and run brings you back to where you were before flying, and attacking lowers their health and throwing a pokeball catches them, and if you were to clear it without being hit you get a random item changed by the level of you pokemon and also pickup pokemon are more likely to get a rare item if you do the animation? and have an option to skip it obviously

Logiedan
July 9th, 2010, 03:24 PM
I think they can make communicating more powerful if they added many Wi-Fi activities including the Wi-Fi plaza.

* In the plaza there's a place to chat. So a room of 4-6 people talking sort of like pictochat.
* We know that in Black and White kind of released an 'avatar' for Wi-Fi communications. I think they should let your avatar buy items to customize their look.

I also always wanted a better story. We've stick with the same plot for long time and it's time for a new one.

Vulpes bicaudata
July 9th, 2010, 03:30 PM
What about attacks affecting other attacks? I'm thinking something like this: say the opponent is rock-type. If you use a fire move, and then an ice or water move, that ice or water move does extra damage (the rationale being that heating followed by rapid cooling creates stresses that can cause rocks to crack).

cest la vie
July 9th, 2010, 04:57 PM
What about attacks affecting other attacks? I'm thinking something like this: say the opponent is rock-type. If you use a fire move, and then an ice or water move, that ice or water move does extra damage (the rationale being that heating followed by rapid cooling creates stresses that can cause rocks to crack).

Remember in the original contests how certain moves used together gave you more points? maybe something like that...

Volroc
July 9th, 2010, 05:51 PM
id rather go back to gen4 graphics on the over world, and they put the follow me feature back, and just edit the 3D graphics less drastically

July 9th, 2010, 07:06 PM
maybe a fly system sorta like in the First Scene of Pokemon Ranger Tracks of Light,
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/ranger3/about/images/ranger/img_01.png (http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/ranger3/about/images/ranger/img_01.png)
but change the guys on the hover things to pokemon that fire attacks at you?
and once all the attacks go past you arrive at your destination and possibility you could throw pokeballs at them? like on the screen without the scene on it there shows like a battle dialog with no pokemon option that says like "its impossible to send out a pokemon this high up" and run brings you back to where you were before flying, and attacking lowers their health and throwing a pokeball catches them, and if you were to clear it without being hit you get a random item changed by the level of you pokemon and also pickup pokemon are more likely to get a rare item if you do the animation? and have an option to skip it obviouslyI want that too :). It would be awesome to fly and control your pokemon using the styles to move it!

alextreme
July 10th, 2010, 02:05 AM
I want much more post game story and a stronger villanous team.So in the beginning you fight a really tough low-rank member and only after you become the champion you take down the villanous team.Because it doesn't make sence that 40 hours after you become a pokemon trainer you can single handedly take down a evil team.
Also a battle frontier like emerald's.Especially battle dome.

Azure-Supernova
July 10th, 2010, 02:10 AM
Please fix Misdreavus! Freakin seriously! A 50/50 chance of being male or female? Make it 100% female, give it a third evolution and make it rival to the Ghastly, Haunter, Gengar line ;D

Vulpes bicaudata
July 10th, 2010, 07:54 AM
This would be kinda pointless, but what about being able to sign your trainer card using the touch screen? Not very useful, but it would be kind of neat.

Iceman3317
July 10th, 2010, 08:03 AM
I want much more post game story and a stronger villanous team.So in the beginning you fight a really tough low-rank member and only after you become the champion you take down the villanous team.Because it doesn't make sence that 40 hours after you become a pokemon trainer you can single handedly take down a evil team.
Also a battle frontier like emerald's.Especially battle dome.
I agree with that. Make the evil team be throughout the game. Not just like in the middle. Maybe research gets stolen from the Prof. And that is what starts us on our journy. Something like that.

Web of Death
July 13th, 2010, 08:31 PM
I'd like battles in real time... i mean, in the case of pokemons with the same speed, if they are going to hit each others then both would recieve the damage at the same time... Cuz i don't like so much These Randoms...

Another thing would be... to have the chance to set your own rules in a battle.. ex: No critical hits, NO freeze, or paralyses, put different clauses set by yourself... that would be great :P

Iceman3317
July 13th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Voice activation. That would be nice. Where you actully call out the attack.

I mean we have a mic why not.

That could be why we get teh head phone liek things.

Storm_has_formed
July 13th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Voice activation. That would be nice. Where you actully call out the attack.

I mean we have a mic why not.

That could be why we get teh head phone liek things.
*envisions being on a plane ordering a move through the mic*...not liking the idea really :p

Iceman3317
July 13th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Well it could be a choice. You could or you dont have too. But I think that migth be to advanced for Ds Game. But I still like the idea sense we do have a pic. Then again it is to much like Nintendogs.

Web of Death
July 13th, 2010, 08:43 PM
me neither, but i think could be optional... I also would like wi-fi battling like the pokemon terminal, wihtout FC...

July 13th, 2010, 08:46 PM
If we have Fc's again I hope we can put more in our pal pad at least.

BeachBoy
July 13th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Merged Web of Death's thread over to this active thread. Have fun~

Kirbychu
July 13th, 2010, 09:10 PM
I'd like battles in real time... i mean, in the case of pokemons with the same speed, if they are going to hit each others then both would recieve the damage at the same time... Cuz i don't like so much These Randoms...
A simple yet wonderful idea.

If we have Fc's again I hope we can put more in our pal pad at least.
We will have FCs again, but we are able to transfer them to other players using infrared.

Here's my copypasta.

Longer Story
More Rivals

More Wi-Fi Activities

Side-Quests
Anime-Styled Pokemon League
Character Customization
More Pokemon Balance (I'm sick of Garchomp, Tyranitar etc. getting all the good moves, let's help out Pokemon who actually need it, like Meganium and Tauros.)
Better New Pokemon (Pure opinion, I know, but this is the first generation where I've actually been really bothered with the new Pokemon. I prefer the Gen 2 and 3 designs. Those had a good mix of fantasy and realism. The Pokemon from the other generations are either to simple/realistic, or just so crazy and imaginative that they look like a three year-old's pool toy. The eagle is amazing.)
>>MULTIPLE SAVE FILES<<

July 13th, 2010, 09:14 PM
A simple yet wonderful idea.

We will have FCs again, but we are able to transfer them to other players using infrared.

Here's my copypasta.

Longer Story
More Rivals

More Wi-Fi Activities

Side-Quests
Character Customization
More Pokemon Balance (I'm sick of Garchomp, Tyranitar etc. getting all the good moves, let's help out Pokemon who actually need it, like Meganium and Tauros.)
Better New Pokemon (Pure opinion, I know, but this is the first generation where I've actually been really bothered with the new Pokemon. I prefer the Gen 2 and 3 designs. Those had a good mix of fantasy and realism. The Pokemon from the other generations are either to simple/realistic, or just so crazy and imaginative that they look like a three year-old's pool toy. The eagle is amazing.)
>>MULTIPLE SAVE FILES<<

Yeah we do need better moves for the UU pokemon :)

CptnSmonge
July 14th, 2010, 01:18 PM
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned fixing the item bag. I want to see practical PC storage for items again, because cycling through the pack now takes far too long. Or at least put some sort of turbo, or go-to-top/bottom option.

Calder
July 14th, 2010, 01:28 PM
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned fixing the item bag. I want to see practical PC storage for items again, because cycling through the pack now takes far too long. Or at least put some sort of turbo, or go-to-top/bottom option.

I'd like a search button on the bag... type "Rare" and everything with Rare in its name appears...

July 14th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Or maybe they can divide the items up into more categories, Evolutionary items, Power increase items(like the plates,scarf, life orb ect).,ect.

Storm_has_formed
July 14th, 2010, 01:44 PM
i would say side-quests are needed after seeing what other RPG's offer

Blueknight
July 14th, 2010, 01:47 PM
They fixed that somewhat in HGSS. I didn't have to drag forever to get to my HM's. But I agree with you.

I want:
-Random LIVE wifi rooms
-Wifi Rankings
-Trainer Customization
-Storyline past E4 (similar to platinum somewhat)
-A lot more good wifi features
-Triple Battles
-More wifi security types (well, this is mainly for the 3DS)
-Good new moves for UU pokemon
-More good type combos
-Faster trades. (I think they've fixed this according to corocoro)

July 14th, 2010, 01:50 PM
They fixed that somewhat in HGSS. I didn't have to drag forever to get to my HM's. But I agree with you.

I want:
-Random LIVE wifi rooms
-Wifi Rankings
-Trainer Customization
-Storyline past E4 (similar to platinum somewhat)
-A lot more good wifi features
-Triple Battles
-More wifi security types (well, this is mainly for the 3DS)
-Good new moves for UU pokemon
-More good type combos
-Faster trades. (I think they've fixed this according to corocoro)
Yeah they fixed the trades is what I read too :). We have quite a few good new type combos :)

Volumknappen
July 14th, 2010, 02:00 PM
All i ever wanted was character customization, and that we could obtain stuff for the character later in the games.

I'd also like if the games could be like "make your own story" RPG. So that we could make choices in-game that would change the story a bit. But i assume it's tradition to not have it that way?

July 14th, 2010, 02:03 PM
All i ever wanted was character customization, and that we could obtain stuff for the character later in the games.

I'd also like if the games could be like "make your own story" RPG. So that we could make choices in-game that would change the story a bit. But i assume it's tradition to not have it that way?Yeah it is sadly tradition :(. I wanted to customize my character too but it doesn't seem like we will get that this gen...

Sagiri
July 14th, 2010, 02:08 PM
It's not exactly a feature, but different Poke Balls. Generation IV had some really cool ones. The Quick Ball and Dark Ball were awesome. Maybe a Poke Ball that increases in effectiveness based on the effectiveness of your Pokemon's types against the foe? (I.E. a Charizard vs. Parasect. Parasect is doubly weak to both of Charizard's types, so the ball would be extremely effective.)

Multiple save files would be nice.

Other than that... I'd like to have minor customization of Pokemon. Even something as simple as a ribbon tied to their foot would be nice.

I'd like to see the Battle Frontier to make a return.

...! I just thought of something else. Auto sorting of items and PC Boxes. You could sort items alphabetically or by effect. Pokemon could be sorted alphabetically, by type, or numerically. Of course, this could be toggled to what you want, or turned off.

I would like to see a really good AI.

SmashBrony
July 14th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I've sent Nintendo an idea where we would have the ability to turn off/on the effects of natures, abilities, EVs & IVs for the more casual player.
I don't know if they even got the E-mail yet or not...
(NOTE: I've sent the E-mail to Nintendo Power, hoping they'll forward it as I requested in the E-mail. So I do not know the E-mail of the Nintendo video-game making company.)

Although, maybe there should be a seperate setting to turn off/on abilities effects...

Yeah, there's a big chance they won't even noticed my E-mail, but I know something that'll get this feature into the game:

Sonic the Hedgehog made it onto SSBB because of the demands of fans worldwide, so I figure if enough people requested this feature, it'll make it's way onto the pokemon games.

However, I don't know if this would work in time for Black & White...

Me, I study the competitive side of pokemon, so the Natures, Abilities, EVs & IVs don't bother me, but I know there will be more casual players than hardcore... A friend of mine is one such player. (Psychic*Absol)
So I pretty much want this feature for the sake of others.

July 14th, 2010, 02:39 PM
I've sent Nintendo an idea where we would have the ability to turn off/on the effects of natures, abilities, EVs & IVs for the more casual player.
I don't know if they even got the E-mail yet or not...
(NOTE: I've sent the E-mail to Nintendo Power, hoping they'll forward it as I requested in the E-mail. So I do not know the E-mail of the Nintendo video-game making company.)

Although, maybe there should be a seperate setting to turn off/on abilities effects...

Yeah, there's a big chance they won't even noticed my E-mail, but I know something that'll get this feature into the game:

Sonic the Hedgehog made it onto SSBB because of the demands of fans worldwide, so I figure if enough people requested this feature, it'll make it's way onto the pokemon games.

However, I don't know if this would work in time for Black & White...

Me, I study the competitive side of pokemon, so the Natures, Abilities, EVs & IVs don't bother me, but I know there will be more casual players than hardcore... A friend of mine is one such player. (Psychic*Absol)
So I pretty much want this feature for the sake of others.how would this effect the growth of a pokemon if it has no Ev,Iv's or nature calculated into it:\

StratusJm
July 14th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Yeah we do need better moves for the UU pokemon :)

you have to remeber the pokemon who are in UU/NU because of bad movepools are in the minority. for the most part its because of bad stats/typing/ability or if there is another pokemon who does the same job but better. e.g miltank is outclassed by blissey

July 14th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Then we need better moves for those who have horrible move sets and items that increase the stats of the weak pokemon or evolutions to them :)

StratusJm
July 14th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Then we need better moves for those who have horrible move sets and items that increase the stats of the weak pokemon or evolutions to them :)

haha and generation 5 will forever be known as the generation that made gen 4 look like it had bearly eny evolutions :P

as for movesets please give flareon flare blits PLEASE!!

July 14th, 2010, 02:54 PM
haha and generation 5 will forever be known as the generation that made gen 4 look like it had bearly eny evolutions :P

as for movesets please give flareon flare blits PLEASE!!I was shooked when I realized Flareon couldn't learn flare blitz :disappoin

Cjdamon042
July 14th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Here's my copypasta.

[/FONT]

Longer Story
More Rivals

More Wi-Fi Activities

Side-Quests
Character Customization
>>MULTIPLE SAVE FILES<<

Agree on most of this, especially the anime styled Pokemon League. Would absolutely LOVE a tournament against randomly generated trainers in which we have to make our way up the league table to reach the top and become Champion, although I wouldn't say no to there being a final challenge waiting at the end of it. This would keep things fresh and interesting.

And since seeing the screenshots from the game's Live Caster, I kind of want to see anime styled cutscenes included in the game. I've always wanted the game's to be more cinematic and I always thought I wanted it to happen in-game, but with the DS's capabilities, I think it would be better for them to be anime styled if they were to be included. Sort of similar to how Professor Layton and Dragon Quest IX do things.

July 14th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Agree on most of this, especially the anime styled Pokemon League. Would absolutely LOVE a tournament against randomly generated trainers in which we have to make our way up the league table to reach the top and become Champion, although I wouldn't say no to there being a final challenge waiting at the end of it. This would keep things fresh and interesting.

And since seeing the screenshots from the game's Live Caster, I kind of want to see anime styled cutscenes included in the game. I've always wanted the game's to be more cinematic and I always thought I wanted it to happen in-game, but with the DS's capabilities, I think it would be better for them to be anime styled if they were to be included. Sort of similar to how Professor Layton and Dragon Quest IX do things.Yeah I want Anime styled cut scenes too like in KH...

SmashBrony
July 14th, 2010, 03:08 PM
how would this effect the growth of a pokemon if it has no Ev,Iv's or nature calculated into it:\ I figure the growth will be based only on the pokemon's base stats (look up Smogon for more info)
& when the setting for all this is back on, it'll adjust everything according to it's nature & IVs, & until this is back on, it doesn't gain any EVs. (If it already have them, it'll adjust with those factors inculded.)

StratusJm
July 14th, 2010, 03:09 PM
I was shooked when I realized Flareon couldn't learn flare blitz :disappoin

yes instead it got the all powerful..... FIRE FANG!! ;)

July 14th, 2010, 03:11 PM
I figure the growth will be based only on the pokemon's base stats (look up Smogon for more info)
& when the setting for all this is back on, it'll adjust everything according to it's nature & IVs, & until this is back on, it doesn't gain any EVs. (If it already have them, it'll adjust with those factors inculded.)
Oh I see so it grows by a certain value each level :)

SmashBrony
July 14th, 2010, 03:15 PM
& I'm also in favor of Flareon having Flare Blitz & other pokemon having more moves if they have poor movepools & weaker pokemon having exculsive items that can turn them into powerhouses, (Of course, none of us want them to be TOO strong...)
Evolvutions for those who needs them, (Luvdisc, Farfecth'd, Delibird, Sableye, Spinda, etc.)
& above all....

NO MORE POINTLESS POKEMONS!!!
In reply to Magmaruby & Aquashappire:
Exactly that!

CptnSmonge
July 18th, 2010, 09:17 AM
And another thing I'd like to see is reverting the fishing rod back to no tap, like Gen I and II. And by my count L & R are largely useless unless you enable them in options. Why not make those registered item slots?

Azure-Supernova
July 18th, 2010, 10:07 AM
First of all, I'm all in favour of balancing out Pokémon. I gues it, psuedo-legendaries are strong, but come on, don't be stingy to some genuinely awesome Pokémon!

RPG Elements

Pokémon is an RPG right? So where are our side quests? The amount of locations and mythos wasted in Pokémon is colossal! The old chateau for instance and the random ghosts that pop up in it, I was so direly interested in exploring that place even further... a whole side quest was a simple few dialogue boxes away! The Fuego Ironworks; Oreburgh Mine; the Ravaged Path; to name a just a few places that could have been expanded further.

Not to mention a decent post-game cleanup story. Okay, so you've defeated Team X, now go wipe up the remnants of the team from various areas of the region and put an end to them for good!

And of course minor little quests:

Fetch Quests - X would like you to find them a Y, if you do they'll give you a W and a battle.
Catch Quests - The Professor would like to carry out some research on a particular species of Pokémon, bring him any three from the list and you'll be rewarded. (this might also be a good way to introduce rare Pokémon, the only way being able to find them is through the Prof. asking for them and telling you where they might be.)
Fight Quests - An X has been spotted causing trouble in Town B. Find them and battle them to get them to stop.
Post-game Boss Quests - A powerful trainer/Pokémon is rumoured to be in Location X.

They're all completely optional.

Characters and Plot

Customisation - I'm not talking about 'ground up' character customisation, but just something to make him/her feel a little more unique. And it's completely possible, Saints Row has a standard model for the Player Character who is displayed on the box art, but in-game you can make whatever you want. I'm not even talking about that much customisation. I'd settle for choosing a skin colour; hair style and colour; eye colour and clothes (with different colour schemes).

Customisation II - This one is for the Pokémon. I'd like to see what my Persian looks like in a Focus Sash, but even better if I could just add a little personal accessory: just a blue bandanna or something. You get all the accessories in for contests and photos, but what about actually getting some to add to your Pokémon, for that extra flair!

Flexibility - This is one I've been dying for, for a while now! Right now I'd settle for the illusion of choices, but here's exactly what I want. If I enter a building and there are 10 grunts who I can battle; 6 of which I can avoid. If I avoid those 6, they will appear in a set location at the final confrontation as unavoidable battles with stronger Pokémon; however, if I choose to battle them, they will not appear. It's simple right? Something small like that, making the decision to battle them now or later? If I fight one of the sub-bosses of Team X, I don't want to white out and restart from the Pokémon centre and get to fight them again like nothing happened. I want to live with the consequences and get my revenge next time!

Okay I'm tired and my head hurts a little now...

last fighter 36
July 18th, 2010, 10:11 AM
y herd that tell b car,s in a part parked and a high way

orange discontent
July 18th, 2010, 12:59 PM
y herd that tell b car,s in a part parked and a high way

Yawn, that meme is so 2007. Or was it 2006?

You know, I actually DON'T want full-on trainer customization. Maybe wireless/wi-fi, but in-game the PC sprite is fine for me. ...Unless we can change into other clothes that we already get in-game. How am I not able to change into the Super Contest/Pokeathlon clothes? Why not let me keep the Rocket uniform?

I also don't want that crappy Bag system from HGSS. That was awful. And the PC was cracked, too. So it's on the touch screen (and I can't check the natures of uncookedhatched eggs using little glitch ;_;), but I STILL can't drag and drop? It actually felt SLOWER than DPPt's PC system, god. Getting rid of Deposit/Withdraw for one simple Move option would be nice. And why can't I move Pokemon's items without having to go and select it from the first PC menu? The PC should have search and sort functions, (even though I could probably just look at the screen and figure it out,) too.

I also want item trade on wi-fi. WHAT? I wasted Earthquake already? NOOOOooooo! And a less broken, more free-form pokemon trading system. The GTS is just so wrecked, even in HGSS. I still keep getting the same three people every time. Not that I use GTS for actual 'trading' (I am not buying another DS system. Hell, I still have the vintage one.)

Zef
July 18th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I don't want another Pachirisu-type Pokemon, even though I think we already have one. Chiramii. Get the hell out of my game, you stupid chinchilla. At least evolve.

dieter57
July 18th, 2010, 03:41 PM
I don't want another Pachirisu-type Pokemon, even though I think we already have one. Chiramii. Get the hell out of my game, you stupid chinchilla. At least evolve.

D= chiramii is awesome.....
any hoooooo......
i want an actual game corner!
why did they put voltorb flip in anyway?

Zef
July 18th, 2010, 05:07 PM
i want an actual game corner!
why did they put voltorb flip in anyway?
it was something to do w/ gambling.

Forever
July 18th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Getting rid of Deposit/Withdraw for one simple Move option would be nice. And why can't I move Pokemon's items without having to go and select it from the first PC menu? The PC should have search and sort functions, (even though I could probably just look at the screen and figure it out,) too.

I love these ideas. I'm always tempted to go to deposit or withdraw but yeah, mostly I use 'move' ooh, and the option to select more than one Pokemon in the box, though that might already be achievable and I'm not actually aware. D:

You did not just say that. D<

Reshiram Man
July 18th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Battle Frontier.

I agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oathkeeper(:
July 18th, 2010, 10:29 PM
What's bugged me for the longest time in Pokemon games was not being able to go to the other regions of the Pokemon world...seriously, they're there. The creators don't think we could get bored in just one region?

But I digress...other than that, I'd love to see character customization :D

Bay Alexison
July 18th, 2010, 10:42 PM
What's bugged me for the longest time in Pokemon games was not being able to go to the other regions of the Pokemon world...seriously, they're there. The creators don't think we could get bored in just one region?

But I digress...other than that, I'd love to see character customization :D

While it was fun for me to go back to Kanto in Gold and SoulSilver, at the same time I don't want another game where you can go back to another region. One of the things is when playing Gold and SoulSilver, I notice the wild Pokemon's levels are low in Kanto. There are times I would like to train for a bit, but my Pokemon are in high levels already and training would take forever. Another thing is I'm still a tad bothered Kanto was watered down, making routes shorter and such. I can understand that is to have the players go through Kanto slightly faster, but still. Lastly, at least for the Johto games and the remakes, there's nothing really interesting happening when you go to Kanto saved for going against Silver and Red.

If Black and White were to have a second part where you go back to another region, a few things I want are Pokemon that are slightly higher level, the region not watered down, and something actually happening (like the Sevii Islands in the FireRed/LeafGreen games).

As for me, I too would like the deposit/withdraw option out and just the move option come. Besides taking a while to either deposit or withdraw my Pokemon, I tend to push withdraw when I'm trying to deposit a Pokemon. I have butterfingers. D:

Haza
July 19th, 2010, 12:34 AM
I just want the Follow-Me Feature and some sort of trainer customization for the multiplayer avatars.

Agent Clank
July 19th, 2010, 02:00 PM
I just want the Follow-Me Feature to return.
cause that was my favorite feature in HG/SS.

-Jared-
July 19th, 2010, 04:09 PM
I know what I'd like to see:

Weather conditions not being narrated inbetween turns. It is especially irritating in double battles...have it happen all at once, so that it speeds up the battles. Please, oh please let it happen.

Omnis
July 19th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Pokemon following you is a give-in, since HGSS implemented it so greatly, though from the gameplay we've all seen; no Mon's stalking you have been seen... so if it is ever implemented, we can assume you can turn it on/off.

Access to other regions would also be nice.

Though I'm basically repeating what everyone else is saying... It's still what I want -_-''

Lukar
July 19th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Trainer customization, random Wi-Fi battles, the return of the Vs. Seeker, the ability to have Pokemon follow the player (Like in HG/SS), and maybe even area trading (For example, trade Black City for White Forest, or trade the look of one area for the way it looks in the other game).

Forever
July 20th, 2010, 12:31 AM
and maybe even area trading (For example, trade Black City for White Forest, or trade the look of one area for the way it looks in the other game).

That's not going to happen, since Black City is exclusive to only Black and White Forest is exclusive to only White, in other words...can't be accessed on the other game. Like the opening of Team Magma/Aqua's hideout (where you get the masterball in R/S) is different in both games and is exclusive only to a certain version, although that isn't the same, but it's sort of a relative situation.

And... trading the how the way one area looks? Don't think that's likely either, considering the natural/industrial (uhh latter word, I'm sure there's another word for it but can't place my finger on it) storyline means your game is affected by what your version is siding (either natural, or industrial...technological? that'll do). In other words, those changes are also pretty much going to be exclusive to your version, sadly. However, after the "changes" ingame, you may get to see cities appear different before and after they've been affected by whatever the evil force is, idk.

Reshiram Man
July 20th, 2010, 06:50 AM
follow me feature and trainer customization

X Latios
July 20th, 2010, 10:49 AM
I'd love for B&W to have more challenging Gym Battles and maybe even certain rules/conditions for each gym (like in the anime). For example in one Gym you might be restricted to using only 3 pokemon. Just something to make it a bit more of a challenge because it's too easy to have a team of 5/6 pokemon and just wipe the floor with a Gym Leader.
Really hope they have the option to have pokemon follow you too, one of the best things from HGSS!

mrunner4home
July 20th, 2010, 10:53 AM
evil-er teams would definitely be good.

like more than just "Oh, yeah, if you stand in our way we'll make your pokemon faint by using our pokemon! Yeah, and then you'll have to run all the way back to the pokemon center. ... After that then you can come back and defeat us while we just stand here doing absolutely nothing. If you win we'll just get out of your way and let you stop our boss because we're stupid like that :)"

come on, the new games should have better. like maybe the bad guys actually capture you and you have to try to escape them. maybe they can actually really try to stop you and your pokemon can stop them (protect you) or whatever, and *THEN* they try to battle you, to get they pokemon out of the way. this is talking about the major boss battle I mean.

Bay Alexison
July 20th, 2010, 10:56 AM
evil-er teams would definitely be good.

like more than just "Oh, yeah, if you stand in our way we'll make your pokemon faint by using our pokemon! Yeah, and then you'll have to run all the way back to the pokemon center. ... After that then you can come back and defeat us while we just stand here doing absolutely nothing. If you win we'll just get out of your way and let you stop our boss because we're stupid like that :)"

come on, the new games should have better. like maybe the bad guys actually capture you and you have to try to escape them. maybe they can actually really try to stop you and your pokemon can stop them (protect you) or whatever, and *THEN* they try to battle you, to get they pokemon out of the way. this is talking about the major boss battle I mean.
Hm, I don't have too much problems with all of the evil team's goals and their bosses, but their grunts I do have a problem. XD Yeah, the grunts should probably do something more than just battle or stand there as you said. Then again, Pokemon is supposed to be a children game, so the hostage thing and such most likely won't happen. >.>

mrunner4home
July 20th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Hm, I don't have too much problems with all of the evil team's goals and their bosses, but their grunts I do have a problem. XD Yeah, the grunts should probably do something more than just battle or stand there as you said. Then again, Pokemon is supposed to be a children game, so the hostage thing and such most likely won't happen. >.>

well I thought of that too. that's why I didn't say they attack you and try to kill you but your pokemon protects you, what I was originally going to say lol...

Bay Alexison
July 20th, 2010, 11:35 AM
well I thought of that too. that's why I didn't say they attack you and try to kill you but your pokemon protects you, what I was originally going to say lol...
Okay, fair enough. :P When you mean protect, you mean something like like Lance's Dragonite attacked the grunts at the Rocket Hideout in Mahogany Town? Am kind surprised the Pokemon games showed that. XD

mrunner4home
July 20th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Okay, fair enough. :P When you mean protect, you mean something like like Lance's Dragonite attacked the grunts at the Rocket Hideout in Mahogany Town? Am kind surprised the Pokemon games showed that. XD

yes! that would be awesome. and then the boss can say something like

"So you're pokemon is protecting you? What a worthless attempt...how weak. Before I continue with my plans I must remove the world of this pitiful resistance. Nothing may stand in my way!! >> *battle begins*"

as I wrote that a new idea came to mind. maybe it can be the legendary pokemon who protects you and then fights by your side, maybe in a double battle... that would be cool

Rei
July 24th, 2010, 02:11 PM
I would like to see the ability to use multiple items, instead of used a potion, back to menu, used a potion, back to menu.
Just let me use 3 potions on one pokemon or on 3 different pokemon. Obviously not in battle sequences.
Not that its a nuisance, it would just be a nice feature.

Superjub
July 24th, 2010, 02:39 PM
The ability to customise my character e.g. changing his/her hair colour, clothes... :D
Oh, and the slot machines. >:<

That's all I can think of at the moment. :P

Forever
July 24th, 2010, 10:48 PM
I would like to see the ability to use multiple items, instead of used a potion, back to menu, used a potion, back to menu.
Just let me use 3 potions on one pokemon or on 3 different pokemon. Obviously not in battle sequences.
Not that its a nuisance, it would just be a nice feature.

Ooh yes, especially with items such as rare candy or protein or something, so I can see the stats boosted all at once instead of invidually. Although that's unlikely... but having that as an option would be nice.

Brendino
July 25th, 2010, 04:30 AM
One thing that I've always wanted in a game was the ability to fly to somewhere other than the standard Pokemon Center/Pokemon League/Home options. It would be very convenient if we could go places like the Daycare, Safari Zone, Caves, etc. They could either implement it by giving us more preset options of where we can fly to, or give us the ability to set up "favourite places" where our Pokemon could remember to go.

I would also like it if we at least had the option of some minimal customization of the player character. Even if we at least had the ability to change the colour of our clothes, that would be an upgrade in my eyes. I also don't believe that we should be able to go to past regions, but it would be nice if there were cameos from past characters that would be able to give you sidequests or a Pokemon from that region.

shubshub
July 30th, 2010, 03:23 PM
A Pokemon Cloning Machine
Description: Exactly what it says

A Better Way To Transfer 4th Gen Pok
Description: An asier Way Would Be To Make a GBA Cartridge Which you Can Slot DS Cartridges Into The Top Of And Transfer Pokemon Easier And Also Saves Power

Thingula
July 30th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Bring back the feature of having your Pokémon follow you.

Make real Pokémon.

Filter the GTS servers to reject hacked Pokémon!!!

July 30th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Yeah they should filter the Hack pokemon out of the GTS...

orange discontent
July 30th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Description: An asier Way Would Be To Make a GBA Cartridge Which you Can Slot DS Cartridges Into The Top Of And Transfer Pokemon Easier And Also Saves Power

This one I like. Clone machines, not so much. Too much of a game breaker.

shubshub
July 30th, 2010, 03:59 PM
How about an actual Online Wifi Mode
Where You Can Connest To Wifi And Play The Actual Game Its Self But Instead Of Having Wifi Sprites And Preset Movements On Each Game Screen
You Can Actually See The Other Player Moving In Real Time Like Normal Trainers
Just Like The Anime And Also Trade Pokemon While Out And About And Remove The Union Room Make The Game Have Different Modes When You Start The Game Up For Example

Start Game: Starts Game Normally
Start Wifi Game: Loads Save Game In Wifi Mode
Start Game Wirelessly: Connect To Local Freinds And Play Through The Game

That would Make it even More Fun

Because You Dont See Ash Saying: Hey I Need this Pokmon Im Going to the Union Room

If He wanted a Pokemon he would Trade with someone In Real Time
I Think This Sounds Awesome
But also Have Wii Servers For Wifi Mode Or
The Game Might Have Trainers Everywhere Not Allowing Anyone To Move Around

For Example Have Different Servers Like

Start Trade Server: Start The Game O The Server Where Trade Functions Are Real Time
Start Battle Server: Start The Game On The Server where Battle Functions Are Real Time
Start Normal Server: Start The Game On The Server For Everything

And Have Server Caps For Example: 600 People On A Server And Make It So
Maybe 70 People Per City So It Doesnt Jam Up
This Sounds Awesome

Eathrock
July 31st, 2010, 01:48 PM
I'd love for B&W to have more challenging Gym Battles and maybe even certain rules/conditions for each gym (like in the anime). For example in one Gym you might be restricted to using only 3 pokemon. Just something to make it a bit more of a challenge because it's too easy to have a team of 5/6 pokemon and just wipe the floor with a Gym Leader.
Really hope they have the option to have pokemon follow you too, one of the best things from HGSS!

Something I overlooked but I totally agree. There should be rules for each gym. Maybe ban legendaries from used in Gym Battles? Its pretty unfair when the leader has three and you have six.

Better AI too. I wont them to switch out more often. Play like a person. Have good movesets.

For customization I just like the basics. Hair and skin colour really. Maybe clothing colour or have one or two outfits you can unlock but yeah they really shouldnt spend to much time on that.

I dont want an eviler team per say but one that isnt black and white. Lots of gray and they believe that they are doing the right thing. I dont want them to be a team either. The word team has had its time. Maybe a cult or something.

rockman0
July 31st, 2010, 04:30 PM
The website thing looks interesting, where you upload your Pokemon to the Internet and it gets its own home or something. It would be cool if you could customize the house, play mini-games for in-game items and visit friends' houses and trade items with them. There's a lot of potential in this feature, and hopefully, Nintendo will take advantage of them. It could be like a "Neopets meets Pokemon" kind of thing. I used to love Neopets.

Also, I hope the thing about the seasons is true. Animal Crossing-ish seasons would make Pokemon even better. There are lots of possibilities there.\

Finally, I would like a plain pictochat kind of thing for users with regular DS and DS Lites, since there's no camera.

akpak
August 6th, 2010, 02:32 PM
...Is a Magikarp kick all our a##$# in Black/White.

I'd fall out of my chair laughing.

Kanto_Johto
August 6th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Yeah, cool. Try to bring actual discussion to these forums and not meaningless garbage.

*Reported*

akpak
August 6th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Sheesh... Excuuuse me. This entire "community" seems to be really uptight and rude.

Sorry for trying to make a joke. I'll go find a friendlier place to hang out and talk Pokemon.

dieter57
August 6th, 2010, 05:21 PM
i thought it was funny.
reminds me of my level 100 magikarp i caught in platinum.
but this really souldn't of been posted.

Scorpio219
August 6th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Sheesh... Excuuuse me. This entire "community" seems to be really uptight and rude.

Sorry for trying to make a joke. I'll go find a friendlier place to hang out and talk Pokemon.

for real ive noticed that to

countryemo
August 6th, 2010, 05:33 PM
No were a nice forum, we all have our laughs, we just dont like rule breakers, i guess this would be troll attempt? to gain attention. This really kinda has no disscusion..
already reported, so im not gnna try :/

akpak
August 6th, 2010, 05:46 PM
I don't see how it's trolling to wish for something in a new version of the game, like the most worthless pokemon no longer being worthless.

Sorry, I thought this was the place to talk and speculate about Black/White.

You people have way too many rules, it seems like NOTHING I post is allowed to be where I post it. >.<

rockman0
August 6th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Anyone else think it would be cool if maybe you could replay some quests with your new current Pokemon. Like maybe you could do some parts of the games again, but at higher levels to accomodate your Pokemon's increased levels. It would be great for training.

The reason I wished for this is because there are parts of HGSS that I really would have loved to replay, but couldn't because I don't wait to reset my game and lose my Pokemon. Also, don't have the money to buy another version.

So, whaddya think?

orange discontent
August 6th, 2010, 07:38 PM
I don't see how it's trolling to wish for something in a new version of the game, like the most worthless pokemon no longer being worthless.

Sorry, I thought this was the place to talk and speculate about Black/White.

You people have way too many rules, it seems like NOTHING I post is allowed to be where I post it. >.<

I don't think it's as bad as serebii. Serebii's forums are scary. Besides, Kanto Johto was totally mini-modding :p

-/-

I dunno what I want in BW, I just want the games now, haha.

Mr.Silver
August 6th, 2010, 08:20 PM
I DEMAND to be allowed to have some sort of weapon. or having something OTHER than a elite 4 at the end. it gets old. REAL FAST. they should bring back the battle dome tournament style, but make it 32. that would be SWEET

Edit: and i would also like to see a mmorpg style with the high link. where you can connect to a server say with a maximum of say.... 20 people, where you can invite people and set a password for your friends.

Forever
August 7th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Anyone else think it would be cool if maybe you could replay some quests with your new current Pokemon. Like maybe you could do some parts of the games again, but at higher levels to accomodate your Pokemon's increased levels. It would be great for training.

The reason I wished for this is because there are parts of HGSS that I really would have loved to replay, but couldn't because I don't wait to reset my game and lose my Pokemon. Also, don't have the money to buy another version.

So, whaddya think?

I dunno, that's what the gym leader rematches are for, sort of. Though repeat events? Like stopping the bad guys and capturing legendaries? Not really sure what that would do to the in-game continuity. :(

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
August 7th, 2010, 05:26 AM
I really wanted character customizations (B/W girl needs fashion lessons). Sadly, we're not getting those.

At the very least, I would have liked the female character with a skirt or dress instead of those oddball short shorts. She's like an older female Youngster :/

I've also wanted a return to the "Silver" type rival instead of them being your "childhood friend" (or "wimp," in other words). Someone who genuinely wants to tear your team apart. Sadly, we're not getting that, either.

The GTS needs a serious revamp, to keep out not only hacked Pokemon, but also those guys who want a Mew in return for a Rattata.

I'd like to see them exchange the bike in favor of a car. Or at the very least, a Segway.

And tournament-style Pokemon league would be awesome. Maybe you challenge the Elite Four only if you win the tourney.

And on that subject, once you become the new Champion, every time thereafter you face the Elite Four, the fifth battle is someone (randomly generated or one of the trainers you met on Victory Road) trying to win the title from you, instead of facing the old champion again.

GlitchCity
August 7th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Walking pokemon to be optional, that would be beast. Also I would like some other advantages of using berries. For example you can use some berries to make various medicine, max elixer, max revive, pp up, items that you normally dont buy in the store.

Kanto_Johto
August 7th, 2010, 07:47 AM
I don't think it's as bad as serebii. Serebii's forums are scary. Besides, Kanto Johto was totally mini-modding :p

-/-

I dunno what I want in BW, I just want the games now, haha.Hey, I just want real updates and genuine discussion topics. His was stupid. I reported it. The last thing I want to see on a board about an upcoming game is spam topics that push good topics off the 1st page.

I've had plenty of laughs here myself, and this Forum certainly isn't "uptight and rude". Akpak's discussion topic certainly didn't warrant a thread, though.

But, I've been warned for it by a Mod, so I guess in future I'll just keep quiet about it.

Hiroshi Sotomura
August 7th, 2010, 07:54 AM
You're going offtopic by talking about it; I'm not discouraging you from reporting (and that infraction was a mistake) but it's best not to post about it, and rather let the staff handle it once you've filed a report.
I've also wanted a return to the "Silver" type rival instead of them being your "childhood friend" (or "wimp," in other words). Someone who genuinely wants to tear your team apart. Sadly, we're not getting that, either.
Even the HG/SS rival mellows out in the end, though. His relationship with Ethan/Lyra is hurtful at the start, but he does change. Besides, we don't know if N's a rival or anything, and he sure looks like he could be rather… scary.

rockman0
August 7th, 2010, 08:10 AM
I really wanted character customizations (B/W girl needs fashion lessons). Sadly, we're not getting those.

At the very least, I would have liked the female character with a skirt or dress instead of those oddball short shorts. She's like an older female Youngster :/

The GTS needs a serious revamp, to keep out not only hacked Pokemon, but also those guys who want a Mew in return for a Rattata.

I'd like to see them exchange the bike in favor of a car. Or at the very least, a Segway.

And tournament-style Pokemon league would be awesome. Maybe you challenge the Elite Four only if you win the tourney.

And on that subject, once you become the new Champion, every time thereafter you face the Elite Four, the fifth battle is someone (randomly generated or one of the trainers you met on Victory Road) trying to win the title from you, instead of facing the old champion again.

I absolutely agree with your last suggestion. I hate how the former Champions somehow retain their titles after you've beaten them. What? Are they in denial or something? We should get a new challenger each time who wants to claim our title. That would rock.

Thingula
August 7th, 2010, 08:44 AM
1. Your Pokémon to follow you, like in HG/SS
2. PATCH THE GTS TO DECLINE HACKED POKéMON!!!!
3. Seasons
4. Keep day and night
5. Make trades easier. It could be like the GTS, so you don't need to be in the WiFi Club at the same time as the person you want to trade with.

Kaori
August 7th, 2010, 09:19 AM
I'd like for Black and White to have the pokéradar. It was a big help to obtain shinies and I was a little disappointed when HGSS decided not to have it there.
The pokéradar allowed me to easily EV train as well, without having to run away from the other pokémon that wouldn't bring me the right EV's.

If they decide not to bring it back, I would at least hope they would create something where we could catch shinies perhaps in a more easier way or a different way than having to wait for one to appear wild when you least expect it in the grass.

Air Pichu
August 7th, 2010, 09:30 AM
It'd be awesome if there was a higher EV limit :O

Sagiri
August 7th, 2010, 11:00 AM
The V.S. Seeker.

I couldn't care less about bringing back any other items.

Myzou
August 17th, 2010, 04:34 AM
So I was wondering:

Who else is hoping that one of the features in this game allows you to swap the style of pokeball that a Pokemon is captured in?

AKA - If you catch a Legendary in a Dusk Ball, but want to have it in a regular Pokeball, or a special pokeball for releasing effects, etc.

I'm really hoping something like this is added, it'd really bring ball capsule customization to another level, allowing us more options for customizing how a pokemon looks when they come out. (AKA if you hatch a shiny ghost, but want it in a dusk ball for it's dark smoke like appearance when you release)

Just curious if anyone else is hoping this is added to the games.

Forever
August 17th, 2010, 04:45 AM
I merged the two threads because yours didn't seem broad enough to need a thread on it, considering we now have an active Pokéball thread - where main Pokéball discussion would usually go.

myrrh25
August 17th, 2010, 06:33 AM
I want Seals to come back, but with more seals. I loved how my Yanmega would come out of its ball with smoke under its wings, as if it was stirring up dust from the ground from the speed of its wings. ^.^

coolnick37
August 18th, 2010, 12:11 PM
I want to have the option of creating your hideout like you could in R/S/E that was one of the KEEWWLEST features ever.

The Red Chain
August 18th, 2010, 08:03 PM
It'd be awesome if there was a higher EV limit :OThat would be ah-may-zing~ Too bad that Pokemon have set maximum stats. ;; I doubt Nintendo would upgrade every Pokemon's stats to be higher than their set maximum sadly. D:

What I really want is for B&W to have a better plot. I want Team Plasma to be different. Not the usual "GET LEGENDARIES, TAKE OVA WERLD". Yeah, no. Something more creative than that at the very least... but so far B&W are looking great as they are to me.

Foodin
August 21st, 2010, 04:45 PM
Personally, I think it'd be a great move on Nintendo/Gamefreak's part if they just brought back the Shadow moves from Colosseum/XD and make all of them Dark-type. This way, they could enhance the Dark-type's movepool rather quickly whilest saving time on thinking up new moves for them, Dark-types can deal STAB damage to and avoid opponents who have very high physical defense and status-crippling abilities such as Static and Poison Point, and they could expand upon the Dark-type's concept to include actual darkness and supernatural evil phenomena. What do you think?

August 21st, 2010, 05:52 PM
That sounds cool but I doubt they will do that, I think we should have a Orre remake this gen...

Dominus Temporis
August 21st, 2010, 06:18 PM
Maybe if they used a couple of them, but not all- most of the Shadow moves were already retyped versions of existing moves. It's pretty much what they do with a lot of moves already, so expect at least one with a different name eventually. I agree with the idea of another Orre game though, Colosseum was pretty fun, and XD was a quantum leap from that, so another one could possibly be really fun.

Cid
August 21st, 2010, 06:30 PM
Personally, I think it'd be a great move on Nintendo/Gamefreak's part if they just brought back the Shadow moves from Colosseum/XD and make all of them Dark-type. This way, they could enhance the Dark-type's movepool rather quickly whilest saving time on thinking up new moves for them, Dark-types can deal STAB damage to and avoid opponents who have very high physical defense and status-crippling abilities such as Static and Poison Point, and they could expand upon the Dark-type's concept to include actual darkness and supernatural evil phenomena. What do you think?
I think a friend of mine had that idea when we were discussing about possibly new moves in Generation V. A good idea, for some, though the problem is that these moves might not have been intended as Dark-type moves, and instead could simply go in the lines of "dual-type moves" (Shadow/Other type; e.g. Shadow Bolt, Shadow Fire, Shadow Chill).

Also, adding this many moves to one type in a single generation seems off. They could take only a little, and I'd have no qualms with that. Another way to solve that is to add as many to the others, but then that'd miss the point of not having to create new moves. I also don't think that they'd be so lazy as to not create moves, since a general trend that I've been seeing in Gen V is how the new Pokemon tend to have unique moves.

Still, it can be done. Current Dark-type moves are weak in power (none that have a Base Power greater than 80) so it'd definitely help if they adopt moves like this. One thing though, only three Shadow moves have their Base Power higher than 80, and ironically, two of those moves aren't in any Dark-type Pokemon's learnsets. If they're really going to put it in without changing, then it wouldn't have much point.

Maybe if they used a couple of them, but not all- most of the Shadow moves were already retyped versions of existing moves. It's pretty much what they do with a lot of moves already, so expect at least one with a different name eventually. I agree with the idea of another Orre game though, Colosseum was pretty fun, and XD was a quantum leap from that, so another one could possibly be really fun.
Oh, right. The moves being retyped versions was what I was trying to say. I think Gen V has been branching off that trend of simply retyping other moves, personally, though I might be wrong. And on the remaking of another Orre game, that'd be a good idea. I also liked those games.

Haowakeorden
August 21st, 2010, 06:38 PM
I thought it was an interesting concept, even though I've never played Colosseum or XD. It shouldn't hurt to have a concept similar to this in the game, but it's okay for me if it's not.

Forever
August 21st, 2010, 06:58 PM
This thread is kind of general, so I think it'd be best suited to the parts and features thread.

Tropical Sunlight
August 21st, 2010, 11:33 PM
All the people, items, the attacks and the names of Pokemon were all in CAPITAL LETTERS (ex. GARY, TACKLE, POTION, PIKACHU) before the fourth generation games, where items and attacks only had their first letter capitalized (ex. Gary, Tackle, Potion, PIKACHU).
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5e/Pok%C3%A9mon_Emerald_screenshot.png (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5e/Pok%C3%A9mon_Emerald_screenshot.png)

http://www.cheatcc.com/imagesds/pokemondiamondpearl_00b.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will Pokemon Black & White take it one step further and only make it the first letter capital on Pokemon too?
(ex. Gary, Tackle, Potion, Pikachu)

What do you think?
I think it would be a pretty nice and fresh idea.

Forever
August 21st, 2010, 11:37 PM
This seems to fit into the parts and features thread rather than its own thread.

As for this, I'd love it if there were no longer capitalised Pokemon names (as perhaps an option to turn it on/off?) Often I'm too lazy to nickname the Pokemon and having their names as capitals with others nicknamed looks... wrong.

Fiery Dash
August 22nd, 2010, 02:30 PM
As long as the news and videos I'm fine with the new features and Iam hoping to see the all them.

But I don't wanna see the other 4 regions in this game... Or they can at least have reference to them but they CANNOT be included in this game; 'coz Isshu needs to get independent from those others, cannot let the others overshadow Isshu.

All the people, items, the attacks and the names of Pokemon were all in CAPITAL LETTERS (ex. GARY, TACKLE, POTION, PIKACHU) before the fourth generation games, where items and attacks only had their first letter capitalized (ex. Gary, Tackle, Potion, PIKACHU).
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5e/Pok%C3%A9mon_Emerald_screenshot.png (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5e/Pok%C3%A9mon_Emerald_screenshot.png)

http://www.cheatcc.com/imagesds/pokemondiamondpearl_00b.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will Pokemon Black & White take it one step further and only make it the first letter capital on Pokemon too?
(ex. Gary, Tackle, Potion, Pikachu)

What do you think?
I think it would be a pretty nice and fresh idea.
I would love it if Pokemon names are not fully CAPITALIZED because it is so DISTURBING and ANNOYING. But I doubt it gonna happen, 'coz it still has connectivity with Gen IV or at least there's only 10% chance of changing it.

Foodin
August 22nd, 2010, 11:44 PM
I think a friend of mine had that idea when we were discussing about possibly new moves in Generation V. A good idea, for some, though the problem is that these moves might not have been intended as Dark-type moves, and instead could simply go in the lines of "dual-type moves" (Shadow/Other type; e.g. Shadow Bolt, Shadow Fire, Shadow Chill).I think those Shadow moves would be pretty much treated the same as the elemental punches, as in the user cloaks its fist in a certain element the move's name implies its using and strikes the opponent with it yet those punches aren't Fighting-type at all.

Also, adding this many moves to one type in a single generation seems off. They could take only a little, and I'd have no qualms with that. Another way to solve that is to add as many to the others, but then that'd miss the point of not having to create new moves. I also don't think that they'd be so lazy as to not create moves, since a general trend that I've been seeing in Gen V is how the new Pokemon tend to have unique moves.Shadow is a form of darkness, which is usually associated with evil in pop-culture and makes up the brunt of those moves, so IMO it makes perfect sense to integrate all those moves into the Dark-type and it's more logical that an Alakazam or Mewtwo would quiver in fear from the Shadow moves than they would from a Bite or Sucker Punch.

They could spend some quality time thinking better and innovative moves for Dark-types if only they didn't focus on making the umpteenth Water/Normal/Psychic-type, more abilities that could make some pokemon more powerful than they already are or other unneccessary crap, but alas, they rather pull the same crap they always do rather than something different for a change. I did think up some moves that could actually benefit Dark-types in battle, but Gamefreak would probably reject my ideas if I were to mail it to them.

Still, it can be done. Current Dark-type moves are weak in power (none that have a Base Power greater than 80) so it'd definitely help if they adopt moves like this. One thing though, only three Shadow moves have their Base Power higher than 80, and ironically, two of those moves aren't in any Dark-type Pokemon's learnsets. If they're really going to put it in without changing, then it wouldn't have much point.Yeah, if they do bring back the Shadow moves from the Orre games and make them Dark-type, then I do really hope they expand upon the distribution of these moves so the more suitable pokemon can learn them.

Also, Shadow Rush's BP was 90 in Colosseum but they dropped it to 55 for XD, so that makes it two now with a BP over 80. I wonder why they did that.

King Gumball
August 23rd, 2010, 12:04 AM
Gosh I really hope they bring back the Slot Machines... Though it looks very unlikely as there would have most likely been images already released of it.

Lickeh Lickeh
August 23rd, 2010, 12:28 AM
Do we not have the right to walk diagonally yet?

Also, to not make too many pre evolutions and evolutions like they did in Sinnoh.

King Gumball
August 23rd, 2010, 12:47 AM
Do we not have the right to walk diagonally yet?

Also, to not make too many pre evolutions and evolutions like they did in Sinnoh.

Haha lol I guess not. Nintendo should make the DS have like a control stick thing like a PSP that will allow you to move diagonally.

The Red Chain
August 23rd, 2010, 04:17 AM
Gosh I really hope they bring back the Slot Machines... Though it looks very unlikely as there would have most likely been images already released of it.
Don't be down, there is no proof they don't exist~

As for the capitalization, I would definitely enjoy less "shouting" in the Pokemon game. HIKER sent out GEODUDE!!
Argh.. makes my head hurt just looking at it.. ;~;

Fiery Dash
August 23rd, 2010, 02:35 PM
Don't be down, there is no proof they don't exist~

As for the capitalization, I would definitely enjoy less "shouting" in the Pokemon game. HIKER sent out GEODUDE!!
Argh.. makes my head hurt just looking at it.. ;~;

Well there's a chance the Slot Machine''s still gonna exist in the Japanese versions...

But most likely not in the Eu/Us/Au versions... Look at Hg/Ss and you'll see, they are replaced with Voltorb Flip :( Reason is, there's a law forbidding some gambling elements to appear in kids' game.

Red1530
August 23rd, 2010, 06:35 PM
Well there's a chance the Slot Machine''s still gonna exist in the Japanese versions...

But most likely not in the Eu/Us/Au versions... Look at Hg/Ss and you'll see, they are replaced with Voltorb Flip :( Reason is, there's a law forbidding some gambling elements to appear in kids' game.More specifically an European Union law. They could do it in the United States but, it would be harder for Game Freak to do that because more then likely the US version is the bases of the UK version

Fiery Dash
August 24th, 2010, 10:30 AM
More specifically an European Union law. They could do it in the United States but, it would be harder for Game Freak to do that because more then likely the US version is the bases of the UK version

I just wanna say that... but I dunno how to explain it and thank you! ;)

I think there's a possibility the Slot Machine's gonna be taken out... 'Cos it might be too much work if they make a another mini-game for Japan and another for English versions.

Surmonter
August 24th, 2010, 11:10 AM
More specifically an European Union law. They could do it in the United States but, it would be harder for Game Freak to do that because more then likely the US version is the bases of the UK version

No, they can't do in the United States because it depends on the states law on whether or not they allow slots.

Some states allow slots. Some states don't. So instead of making a different game for every US state, it is so much easier to just take out slots.

I hope they add migration patterns of Pokemon. Which seem plausible now that they have seasons. :)

Lickeh Lickeh
August 24th, 2010, 11:11 AM
One more nag, please bring back the old contests. I know they're not very important but the Hoen contests were really fun, the Sinnoh contests were not fun at all. They tried to hard to make use of the touch screen.

Surmonter
August 24th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Here's one:

After you release your Pokemon, the roam the near-by routes. You should have a 1% chance of finding them, if you do, they will run unless you use Mean Look or something.

I would love that. Always wondered what happened to them after they were released. Is "released" just a nice way to say "shot" like how when a little kid's pet dies you tell them it went to a farm?

Kaori
August 24th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I like that idea. Especially if the pokémon grow a bond to you if you've kept and trained them long enough. Maybe they would run away so that would give you the hint that it's been a pokémon you released. With difficulty though; since we wouldn't be able to tell until it runs away leaving us to have to wait another time and maybe think it was still a different pokémon. So I don't know how that would work out. D;

The Red Chain
August 24th, 2010, 01:42 PM
I like that idea. Especially if the pokémon grow a bond to you if you've kept and trained them long enough. Maybe they would run away so that would give you the hint that it's been a pokémon you released. With difficulty though; since we wouldn't be able to tell until it runs away leaving us to have to wait another time and maybe think it was still a different pokémon. So I don't know how that would work out. D;That being the case the Pokemon could potentially have a nickname you gave them, and still keep it after being released. Or a Pokemon that never pops up in that area, such as Cyndaquil popping up in the wild when it's not supposed to. If it does appear in an area that it should, if it's trained and it can, it'll be evolved and there is a chance that Pokemon's evolution doesn't appear in that area. Such as releasing a Dragonite that appears in Dragon's Den when no Dragonite ever appear there.

Just other interesting ways to tell if it's yours that I thought I'd list.

Fiery Dash
August 24th, 2010, 01:48 PM
One more nag, please bring back the old contests. I know they're not very important but the Hoen contests were really fun, the Sinnoh contests were not fun at all. They tried to hard to make use of the touch screen.
Emm... I'm afraid you'll have disappointment.... The new Contest will be called Musical Show and is strikingly similar to Sinnoh's :(

Here's one:

After you release your Pokemon, the roam the near-by routes. You should have a 1% chance of finding them, if you do, they will run unless you use Mean Look or something.

I would love that. Always wondered what happened to them after they were released. Is "released" just a nice way to say "shot" like how when a little kid's pet dies you tell them it went to a farm?
Or they could be like roaming Legendaries Pokemon :P Roaming everywhere and the protagonist can see their location from the map... I used to think releasing = killing them :'(

Åzurε
August 24th, 2010, 03:58 PM
That being the case the Pokemon could potentially have a nickname you gave them, and still keep it after being released. Or a Pokemon that never pops up in that area, such as Cyndaquil popping up in the wild when it's not supposed to. If it does appear in an area that it should, if it's trained and it can, it'll be evolved and there is a chance that Pokemon's evolution doesn't appear in that area. Such as releasing a Dragonite that appears in Dragon's Den when no Dragonite ever appear there.

Just other interesting ways to tell if it's yours that I thought I'd list.

Or maybe a "character unlock" sort of thing. If you release certain non-Isshuan Pokemon, there would be areas where members of the evolution chain would start appearing, perhaps even the one you released in the first place. That would be crazy awesome.

Red1530
August 25th, 2010, 06:52 AM
No, they can't do in the United States because it depends on the states law on whether or not they allow slots.

Some states allow slots. Some states don't. So instead of making a different game for every US state, it is so much easier to just take out slots.

I hope they add migration patterns of Pokemon. Which seem plausible now that they have seasons. :)I have not heard of any laws in the United States that deal with video game slot machines. Also any law would be declared unconstitutional for violating the First Amendment to the Constitution.

Surmonter
August 25th, 2010, 07:00 AM
I have not heard of any laws in the United States that deal with video game slot machines. Also any law would be declared unconstitutional for violating the First Amendment to the Constitution.

No it wouldn't. You don't understand anything about law apparently.

First of all, slot machines are gambling. And many states outlaw gambling. Any state that has any law against gambling, it will have to be enforced in every aspect. That includes games.

The reason why games are include is because of the reason gambling is outlawed. Gambling is outlawed in many places due to moral issues it can cause. People who banned gambling in real life due to that aren't going to take too kindly to gambling in a kids game.

Personally, I think it's stupid to ban gambling. The only real issues it causes are gambling addiction and if you truly are addicted to gambling you'll find a way to do it even if it's illegal.

The point is, that it's banned in every sense of it. That includes games. :/

Forever
August 25th, 2010, 07:11 AM
And we're starting to head a little off-topic here. Let's bring the discussion back to what you want in the games, not what won't be in the games due to laws. :)

Sora's Nobody
August 25th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Emm... I'm afraid you'll have disappointment.... The new Contest will be called Musical Show and is strikingly similar to Sinnoh's :(

Or they could be like roaming Legendaries Pokemon :P Roaming everywhere and the protagonist can see their location from the map... I used to think releasing = killing them :'(Well lets sya i released every pokemon on my PC, I think the map would have some size isshu ;) Ok and i also thought that K.Oed meant killed.

shivamwazhere
August 25th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Well lets sya i released every pokemon on my PC, I think the map would have some size isshu ;) Ok and i also thought that K.Oed meant killed.

Release just lets them go remember when Paul released his Starlys they just flew away

August 25th, 2010, 04:57 PM
I would like new training methods than the one's we already have...

Forever
August 25th, 2010, 04:58 PM
shivamwazhere, as nice as that is, it isn't relating to the features you want to see in the game, so try to stay on-topic.

August 25th, 2010, 07:08 PM
I would also like to see wi-fi battles where you can team up with a friend and challenge another two friends to a double wi-fi battle :)

austy14
August 25th, 2010, 09:26 PM
I would also like to see wi-fi battles where you can team up with a friend and challenge another two friends to a double wi-fi battle :)

That would be GREAT! I tried to set up a battle like that for an hour before we figured out it was impossible. I hope they have multi battles for random match up too. And BTW the reason slots were out wasnt because gambling was banned, but because they didnt want to solicit gambling to kids through a video game. But I do hope slots do return... they should know that not every one of the worlds problems arises from kids playing video games. I also hope for more min-games. The ones they have are sorta fun, but get a little old. I hope they have a lot more... and maybe some season specific ones.

August 25th, 2010, 09:57 PM
That would be GREAT! I tried to set up a battle like that for an hour before we figured out it was impossible. I hope they have multi battles for random match up too. And BTW the reason slots were out wasnt because gambling was banned, but because they didnt want to solicit gambling to kids through a video game. But I do hope slots do return... they should know that not every one of the worlds problems arises from kids playing video games. I also hope for more min-games. The ones they have are sorta fun, but get a little old. I hope they have a lot more... and maybe some season specific ones.
Yeah I hope so too :D!
Well slots in the english versions were removed due to the programmers not wanting to make a different version of the versions for the Europe only so they decided to take it out of all English versions...

austy14
August 25th, 2010, 10:34 PM
It would be cool if you could do more with npcs... like have them follow you and have multi battles (more than 5, like a lot of them), play mini games with them, and maybe even have your player date one XD that would be kinda fun, make you feel more involved in the pokemon world.

bhavit
August 25th, 2010, 10:35 PM
I think trio types will be great :P and I also want new training methods just like MR and AS ;)

iAMFEARL3SS
August 26th, 2010, 06:49 PM
I want to see a wifi matchmaking option. I'm tired of looking for people friend codes and crap. It shouldn't be that hard to create I mean XBOX, playstation, and PSP all do it.

fenyx4
August 26th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Yeah I hope so too :D!
Well slots in the english versions were removed due to the programmers not wanting to make a different version of the versions for the Europe only so they decided to take it out of all English versions...

Ugh...if this is true, that is utter laziness! IMO, they shouldn't have been taken out at all! What, nearly 10 years that feature's been present in the games, and no ESRB "Simulated Gambling" notice... They might as well keep it in from the original versions... Slot Machines FTW! (and I don't even gamble IRL) Maybe other minigames could be added as well...

And I can't believe I'm late, but I just found out minutes ago that TMs will return with HM-like Status (infinite uses). HECK YEAH! Their limited availability in previous games did make the user consider its usage very carefully, but when so many of them can be rebought/reobtained, you might as well make them HMs...

Simply the best news so far aside from Reshiram and Zekrom. The only thing that it sort of means I wasted some of my time replaying RSE just for those one-time TMs (I'm looking at you, EARTHQUAKE! Btw, I don't have any Gen IV games yet, so I can't just buy EQ...and that 1% Pickup rate isn't very reliable, especially when one learns that PickUp only activates 10% of the time...

Other features I'd like include Mixing Records and Pokemon Contests (in their RSE INCARNATIONS), along with the return of HGSS's Pokethlon and Follow-Me feature (for overworld Pokemon)

EDIT: Robust Wi-Fi options would help, too.

Forever
August 27th, 2010, 04:48 AM
and maybe even have your player date one XD

I know we had something similar to that in HG/SS, and it would be nice to have dating, but I think full on dating would be unlikely - though heavily hinted crush, perhaps.

Neptun
August 27th, 2010, 05:27 AM
I don't know about you guys but I get tired of looking like everyone else xD. I vote on a something such as "customization" especially with all these people bashing the new girl trainers looks. Throughout the game you can pick up more clothes and acessories.
I also agree with more plot heavy stuff. I also think more attention to contest could be paid. Maybe if the games did it the same way it does it in the anime it would be more fun. Lastly, a pokemon league would be nice as well.

I totally agree with you. And If we could cutomize our character, we wouldn't need to look like old ladies when we are in the WiFi room xD And the plot. Personally, I would like it to continue after we have beaten the leauge. I always want to keep going, but when we have done the leauge, it usually stops. And we could have some "mini missions". And games. Like, if you want a certain item, you would have to get to that and that score. And the more reare the item is, the higher up you have to go.
KNOW I don't explain good, and my english aren't so good eather, but hope some of it makes sence xD

Kaori
August 27th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Having your pokémon evolve during a battle was something I thought would be nice. I'm not entirely sure how it could be able to work out, but it'll be as exciting as the anime. For instance, if your pokémon were to evolve during a Gym Battle in the middle of the battle they would have effects done and your pokémon wouldn't have to wait until the end of the whole battle to evolve.
Like how, sometimes the anime would have pokémon evolve during a battle.
As far as how it would work with the design quality during battle, I'm not sure. But who knows what they can do, and I for one would like to see that some day.

August 27th, 2010, 04:54 PM
New methods of evolution, like a pokemon 1 pokemon per person randomly evolving though at 1 time in the course of the game...it would be shocking to see...especially if it's a trade pokemon that randomly evolves ;)