PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Protagonists

Hiroshi Sotomura
May 15th, 2010, 04:48 PM
http://idisk.me.com/sotomura/Public/Pictures/Skitch/p12-20100516-104803.png http://idisk.me.com/sotomura/Public/Pictures/Skitch/p17-20100516-104746.png

Revealed a few days ago, we finally got solid designs of the protagonists. And so, this is a thread dedicated to discussing your heart out about them!

Notes: Apparently they're older than the characters in previous games.

…The girl is so basic yet that comes across as a good thing to me.

Troye
May 15th, 2010, 04:57 PM
I do like the boy's concept. I feel like he looks more mature in a sense compared to any other characters, but that might be the fact he isn't wearing the stereotypical clothes the majority of the protagonists have worn.

The girl...the hair is killing me =3

.Gamer
May 15th, 2010, 04:59 PM
How is the girl older if she looks younger? .-.

I don't really like either of them. RS had the best protagonists. Hiking boots + shorts aren't that killer of a combo either [/fashion critic].

Eric.
May 15th, 2010, 05:02 PM
The designs are better then the previous ones, because of the fact that they are older. The only thing i find off is the girls hair, how in god's name fit a hat over that? And the fact that it does not fit in with the rest of her outfit, would have been better off if it was a simple ponytail.

BeachBoy
May 15th, 2010, 05:03 PM
I find the guy to be a fresh breath of air. The past male protagonists were... bland, to me. This one has hair that's typical for a teenager. :P His clothes aren't bad either, I like it.

I love the girl, far too much. Probably my favorite female protagonist yet. Everything about her just rocks.

Would you rather have her walking around a region in flip flops, gamer?

Arago
May 15th, 2010, 05:05 PM
I prefer the guy to the girl, but in my opinion the girl's character design is a lot more impressive when compared to the guy and a lot more unique. The guy to me reminds me of Lucas's Platinum design as well as Red's just mixed together. Whereas the girl's character design is completely different (as far as I'm concerned) when compared to the female protagonists from the previous generations. It also looks as though maturity for the games are evolving since the female character to me has a little bit of risque features, such as the shorts.

But I absolutely love the fact that the male is taller than the female.

Teh Blazer
May 15th, 2010, 05:07 PM
The guy= A way better choice than the other guy from Gen. 4, ewww...
The girl= How does her hair poke out of the top of her head it she has a hat?!

myrrhman
May 15th, 2010, 05:07 PM
The girl's hair is terrible. So awful. The guy is great though, and I can't wait to kick her *** for having such horrid hair.

Danikamakaze
May 15th, 2010, 05:08 PM
The girl actually looks more interesting this time around heh.
I like the boy too so, hopefully B&W won't turn out to be mass fail,
though I'm still going to buy it when it surfaces.

Hiroshi Sotomura
May 15th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Side by side in the video shown today, is it me or does the girl have a resemblance to Nakagawa Shoko?

Guy
May 15th, 2010, 05:10 PM
When it comes to the protagonist's art, I prefer the male over the female. However, if it's in the game itself, the female seems to have a more well designed appearance. As far as the art goes though, I feel as though the male carries the strongest look since Red and is definitely a stand out thus far. He isn't simply done and actually looks older than ten (which apparently he is).

The female as well looks nicer than the others, but yeah, the guy wins me over. But I'm not disappointed in either.

Agent Clank
May 15th, 2010, 05:17 PM
To me they look Awesome.
I dont have any complants about either of Them.

Chris The Nerd
May 15th, 2010, 05:18 PM
me likes her hair, it's different.

and i love the guy's hat. it's totally not stupid like some other protagonists *cough*lucas*cough

Zorua
May 15th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Personally, I wanted to give the girl a try, but I dont know, I'm not a huge fan of how she looks; plus I might look like a perv choosing her, unfortunately.

So I'm going with the male protagonist.

The Sly Fox
May 15th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Both designs are awesome, I like how they made them seem older than the others have been. I like the male's design a bit more than the female one. He looks pretty strong.

Arcelio
May 15th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Does no one here like pie?

Seriously though, what the hell is up with the Female Main Character's hair? Did she cut it with garden shears? I would sue if a barber cut my hair to look like that.

BeachBoy
May 15th, 2010, 05:43 PM
The girl= How does her hair poke out of the top of her head it she has a hat?!And how does logic and pokémon mix!?

Also, we've seen some crazy hair styles in the past. (Kris, anyone?)

me likes her hair, it's different.Bingo.

~Platina's Jason~
May 15th, 2010, 06:01 PM
The guy to me reminds me of Lucas's Platinum design as well as Red's just mixed together. Whereas the girl's character design is completely different (as far as I'm concerned) when compared to the female protagonists from the previous generations.

Wait, what? The female's shirt and t-shirt combination looks similar to Dawns one shirt and her hat looks like Leafs. As for the hair issues, has nobody considered that it's a ponytail poking out through the back of the cap?

Anyways, I like both designs. They're unique, but not too far off from what you'd expect from Pokemon.

Arago
May 15th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Wait, what? The female's shirt and t-shirt combination looks similar to Dawns one shirt and her hat looks like Leafs. As for the hair issues, has nobody considered that it's a ponytail poking out through the back of the cap?

Anyways, I like both designs. They're unique, but not too far off from what you'd expect from Pokemon.
Hmmm... you make a very good point. I didn't really use Dawn in the previous generation (everytime I played, I chose Lucas) so I didn't have her character design in my head as I was typing that, but you're right. It does look as though her shirt is simply unbottoned and her t-shirt is showing from behind. But as far as her hat goes, although I see where you're coming from and it does look vaguely similar, I don't find that it was based off that at all. I prefer Leaf's simply because it isn't a typical baseball cap, though. And when it comes to the ponytail, I'm rather confused as well because that was the only logical assumption that could be made since hair doesn't just magically come out like that. Kind of scary that some people find it so crazy.

hackritus
May 15th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Honestly, I like em both. The guy looks like he's in for the all-out adventure and the female looks like she's got a freaking parasite on the back of her head. WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE???

But seriously guys, you couldn't conclude that her ponytail-ish thing originates from the hole in the back of the hat and just curves up?

Hamilton
May 15th, 2010, 06:33 PM
well i love them both because it feels like where i come from- everyone goes by these sorts of fashions-
actually the boy pretty much has the exact same clothing as me except the sweat-jacket has no zipper and the pants are jeans- the shoes are the same, different colors- same with the back pack- mines red :)
the only thing that's not really the same with us is the hat
oh, he also has my brown eyes
and the girl looks A LOT like my best friend :)

Volroc
May 15th, 2010, 06:49 PM
umm it only let me make 1choice, but just so everyone knows... i like PIE!!!!!! XD

the girl is gorgeous, but thats my opinion cuz shes like my fiancee but with a ponytail lol

and the guy is awesome, much better than Red :P

Kirbychu
May 15th, 2010, 07:05 PM
They are both great, I'm happy with them.

Although I still wonder what is coming out of that girl's pants.

Waffle-San
May 15th, 2010, 07:21 PM

I don't really like either of them. RS had the best protagonists. Hiking boots + shorts aren't that killer of a combo either [/fashion critic].

I find the guy to be a fresh breath of air. The past male protagonists were... bland, to me. This one has hair that's typical for a teenager. :P His clothes aren't bad either, I like it.

I love the girl, far too much. Probably my favorite female protagonist yet. Everything about her just rocks.

me likes her hair, it's different.

and i love the guy's hat. it's totally not stupid like some other protagonists *cough*lucas*cough

Both designs are awesome, I like how they made them seem older than the others have been. I like the male's design a bit more than the female one. He looks pretty strong.

These people basically covered it for me. I really like them both and the girl has actually grown on me alot. Personally I like her hair, it's not bland and gives here a real personality. No problem with either of them (though not a boots fan in general but whatever I'll live.)

JP
May 15th, 2010, 07:31 PM
The girl= How does her hair poke out of the top of her head it she has a hat?!

You know that space that most hats have (or maybe had) in the back to adjust the size? And I'm pretty sure she's got a ponytail, so that's probably how that whole thing works. ;)

As for the characters in general, I like them very much. Not sure if I like their designs better than Gen 4's though, but they're definitely appealing designs if you ask me.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
May 15th, 2010, 07:46 PM

I don't really like either of them. RS had the best protagonists. Hiking boots + shorts aren't that killer of a combo either [/fashion critic].I agree with you May and Brendan especially their Emerald design was the best out of all the Protagonist but these are a close second for me, May and Brendan FTW.

Umbreon_
May 15th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Or in other words are you going to go and play with a female character who looks so cool and pretty or the male one who's simple and cute! XD ;?

Kirbychu
May 15th, 2010, 07:52 PM
I'll be playing as the boy, since I am a boy. I think that's a good reason.

yomamathecableguy
May 15th, 2010, 07:53 PM
lol I think on Black I'll play through as a boy and White I'll play through as a girl. Since I'll be playing both at once. :3

Mariah Carey
May 15th, 2010, 07:56 PM
I'll eventually do both, but I'm torn between using either of them. It's always been a big thing for me whenever I play, starting a new era and starting a new 'pokélife', so the right choice is important for me. I might start with the boy though, haven't used one in a while.

Waffle-San
May 15th, 2010, 07:56 PM
I love the girl so we'll see but I'll probably stick to my gender. I only went with Dawn in gen. 4 cause I hate Lucas but we'll see.

SkyKnight
May 15th, 2010, 07:58 PM
I'm going with the girl, since I am one XD I've never played as a guy though, I might try it after my first playthrough though.

Zeta Patchouli
May 15th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Play as a guy first, then the girl. Come up with personalities for them through the games, and then use those personalities in screenshot Let's Plays. That's how it works. Just need to make the Let's Plays.

Timbjerr
May 15th, 2010, 08:05 PM
I really like the male protagonist...mainly because with my hair and build, it'll be rather easy to cosplay as him. XD

I really love their overall designs though. Making them older will have a significant effect on the plot as far as I can tell. If they didn't receive their starter pokemon at the age of ten, they must've been biding time before Prof. [insert name here] summons them to do something important with one of his starter pokeymans...gym challenge being a secondary objective...

Umbreon_
May 15th, 2010, 08:17 PM
I'll go with the girl for an obvious reason. XD

Dillon_68
May 15th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Boy, because I am of the male gender.

Esper
May 15th, 2010, 08:52 PM
I think they did a great job on both. I slightly like the female character more because of the hair.

Side by side in the video shown today, is it me or does the girl have a resemblance to Nakagawa Shoko?
I think that's just your wishful thinking. The hair sort of reminded me of Ayaka, which, by the way, shows that it's not so far-fetched to have hair standing up like that.

http://weblog.leidenuniv.nl/media/blogs/76039/1948/JAP_ayaka1_Getty_400.jpg
It's just exaggerated since it's Pokemon.

GoldvsRed
May 15th, 2010, 08:52 PM
The girl's hair is waaay too over-the-top, so I'll be the dude. I dunno', that guy's hair is really weird, too. The female protagonist's shorts are just screaming "Pedobear", not to mention (yeah, I went there).

Monochrome
May 15th, 2010, 08:55 PM
They are both great, I'm happy with them.

Although I still wonder what is coming out of that girl's pants.

Her pockets :)

So I can honestly say that these are my favorite character designs as of yet... At first I was completely BS at the three starters thinking that Gamefreak had really jumped the shark with this one until I saw these two, they redeemed my whole perception on these games.

The guy actually looks like a teenager who was planning on going on a journey for an extended period of time would as far as clothing goes. He has pretty sweet hairdo and his facial expression is determined... He has everything going for him her perfect.

The girls is honestly the best of them all so far. Leaf was okay but her outfit was stupid as all hell... May was neat but she just seemed so bland and generic and boring to me... Dawn was just as bland and even more boring to me on top of that she was tied to that nightmare Lucas.

The new girl has it all, the confidence, the uniqueness... I mean her outfit really stands out and I know a lot of people are complaining about her hair but I think its really cool, its a little out there but i mean really what do you expect?

GlitchCity
May 15th, 2010, 08:55 PM
I gotta say that these are the best protagonists designs since Emeralds protagonists designs. Finally the female character has a pretty good design. I like them both to tell you the truth, and I also like pie. mmmm pie.

Kirbychu
May 15th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Ridiculous. She obviously skinned a Gyarados, I don't know how I didn't see it before.

Timbjerr
May 15th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Seeing as I am a biological male IRL and I currently see no reason why I shouldn't choose the male protagonist, I suppose I should go with the male protagonist. XD

EmeraldSerenade
May 15th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Male. I love how he looks ._.
oh, and I'm a male.

Illustration
May 15th, 2010, 09:19 PM
The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the male protagonist was that he looked like the past protagonists from the past generations. As for the female protagonist... I just have to like her. I love ponytails possibly more than any hairstyle <3

EmeraldSerenade
May 15th, 2010, 09:42 PM
The male protagonist's design looks cool and simple, but for the females... well, she looks like a mess imo...the hair..it threw me off a little bit when I saw her the first time ;/

Mayfan24
May 15th, 2010, 10:07 PM
even though i am a guy i might play as the female character again, she looks pretty awesome

Massai
May 15th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Undecided. I have a long history of playing as female characters despite being a male - it stems from my D&D days before we got some girls in the group and I wanted to balance the cast with at least one female character that wasn't being played like an idiot. The female looks pretty great, especially with the hair, but the male is one GQ looking *expletive deleted*

hack1
May 15th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Boy... Because I am a boy. Simple.

Ninja Caterpie
May 15th, 2010, 11:43 PM
I'll probably play as the guy because I usually do, being a male and all that, but the girl looks awesome. Maybe because she looks like Kay Faraday...nah! She just looks awesome. 8D

loliwin
May 15th, 2010, 11:50 PM
The female protagonist's shorts are just screaming "Pedobear", not to mention (yeah, I went there).
lol!

I'm going for the dude, one of the best male's designs since Gold IMO.

Neelh
May 16th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Girl.

One guess.

I know, it's pretty easy to know why.

Charmageddon
May 16th, 2010, 12:20 AM
I've been avoiding my own gender for the last two generations because the guys looked awful, while the girls looked quite good, but I like this new guy, so I'll be choosing him.

Thunderpunch
May 16th, 2010, 12:24 AM
I'll be playing as the boy, since I am a boy. I think that's a good reason.

same. gotta associate with my character!

Thunderpunch
May 16th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Nice that they're older this time around

chikorita125
May 16th, 2010, 12:38 AM
the girl looks way beter than the boy so yeh, i will proberly go the girl again

Ursula
May 16th, 2010, 12:43 AM
I'll probably play as the girl on my import as I usually do, and then play as the guy when I get it when it comes out in the US n_n

I like both of their designs.
[but I love the girl's hair. it's defs fierce]

vibratingcat
May 16th, 2010, 12:46 AM
both are really cool! heaps better than dp. i'll use the guy for my main game but if i go through a second running or i get the other version too, i will go girl as well.

Bluerang1
May 16th, 2010, 01:02 AM
The Female <3 I mean seriously. The male's colours should switch to dark body and light accent. But the girl, wow, power, great looking, those shoes! :D

hashtag
May 16th, 2010, 02:00 AM
I love the new design and feel for the protagonists so very much; I feel making them look more mature and older does nothing but make the games relate to the older contingent of pokémon players.

Jesh
May 16th, 2010, 02:12 AM
The.Girl.Has.Awesome.Hair. :D

Girl, but the guy actually doesn't look weird this time :D

Rich Boy Rob
May 16th, 2010, 03:38 AM

So I can honestly say that these are my favorite character designs as of yet... At first I was completely BS at the three starters thinking that Gamefreak had really jumped the shark with this one until I saw these two, they redeemed my whole perception on these games.

The guy actually looks like a teenager who was planning on going on a journey for an extended period of time would as far as clothing goes. He has pretty sweet hairdo and his facial expression is determined... He has everything going for him her perfect.

The girls is honestly the best of them all so far. Leaf was okay but her outfit was stupid as all hell... May was neat but she just seemed so bland and generic and boring to me... Dawn was just as bland and even more boring to me on top of that she was tied to that nightmare Lucas.

The new girl has it all, the confidence, the uniqueness... I mean her outfit really stands out and I know a lot of people are complaining about her hair but I think its really cool, its a little out there but i mean really what do you expect?

This. I definitely prefer the girl over the guy though. I just think he looks a bit too like Red in Lucas(Platinum)'s jacket.
I don't get why everyone is so confused by the girl's (awesome) hair though. It is clearly just a ponytail poking through the hole above the strap.

Major_Tom
May 16th, 2010, 04:14 AM
I will use the guy for the first time I play and when I get bored and restart I will use the girl the second time.

silverdreams92
May 16th, 2010, 07:07 AM
For the first time since we could pick, I`m going with the guy. I don`t like the female design at all.

JAK3
May 16th, 2010, 07:30 AM
I will play as the dude, because I am a guy. I also think his design is good. The girl's design is, well, trampy. Even though they are older I still would rather play as my own gender than the one i'm not.

Yamikarasu
May 16th, 2010, 07:39 AM
I love these designs. Really. I do. Best yet, by far, and I'm rarely quick to make assumptions about things like that. I especially love the fact that these characters are older than before. I think that is what really sold me on them. The starters were a whole lot of meh, but the protagonists have given me high expectations for this generation.

shinx95
May 16th, 2010, 08:52 AM
... Well, I'll be picking the female because I am female though I am not a big fan of her design. I mean, I'm not really lovin' the pink and her crazy hair... I'm more of a fan of straight or a bit shorter hair... But hey, her design is MUCH better than Dawn's ^^

Sage Harpuia
May 16th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Definitly female!
Even if I'm male, since I discovered the truth on Brendan's hat and saw Lucas, I play with the female character(except firered even if I like Leaf): so since the female desing is fantastic I'm gonna chose her.(fortunately there are other male doing this...I thinked to be a perv)

NatureKeeper
May 16th, 2010, 09:17 AM
[css-div="padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; border-color: red blue; border-style:solid; background-color: #000000"][off-topic]This is my first post in this forum (Black and White)!
[/off-topic]

I prefer the male. He looks well, cooler and more calm than that... Creature..

He is as good as Ethan and Red in my opinion, unlike the epic fail @Lucas and Brendan.

I am totally choosing him.

And besides, in one Overworld sprite, the female character creature looks like she has a beard. O_O

Dawn, May, Kris, Kotone and Leaf look much better than this rubbish. Why, even Solana looks better![/css-div]

Mew~
May 16th, 2010, 09:27 AM
I like them! Im glad they finally made them older, who lets a 10 year old go off on a journey across the country? !!

Sweed
May 16th, 2010, 09:41 AM
I like the guy (:
The design is my favorite protagonist out of them all.

sirboulevard
May 16th, 2010, 09:42 AM
The Male. Mainly because I'm male but this time in addition, he kinda looks like I did when I was that age (which wasnt that long ago but I made myself feel old...). His design is very cool and actually reasonable.

As for the female: I do like what they've done. Gone are the days of the co-ordinator who was in it to "pretty" and in are the days of "What was that? DRAGONITE: HYPER BEAM!" I was getting pretty sick of female protags who were all into pink and pretty. I've almost never met a woman who fit that general stereotype about girls so I think this is right direction.

Ayselipera
May 16th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Both Protagonists look amazing to me. I think they're the best we have ever had. Especially the girl sprite. She just looks so mature and I honestly can't see one flaw on her. I love how big her hair is and I don't know why everyone hates her shorts they look fine to me. Plus I like that little flare they have on the sides. It adds an interesting twist to your everyday shorts. The boots are great too. I can actually believe I'm journeying around a vast region with those boots on. It sort of reminds me of the ranger sprites in a way.

H-King
May 16th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Has anyone noticed the watches on their hands? I hope they arent somthing like the ones in dp, because I hate those.

Sneeze
May 16th, 2010, 02:00 PM
I like them, look more mature. It was in need of a change imo.

Of course in a perfect world we'd be able to design our sprites from the ground up so everyone didn't look the same but meh.

Cresselia
May 16th, 2010, 02:16 PM
I agree with the majority consensus of the comments here, the female's hair looks ridiculous. XD However, I like the design of her shorts, it kind of gives her a more sporty style. Design-wise, the 4th generation protagonist is my favorite.

As for the male, I really like the design of his hair an jacket. I plan on buying both versions and playing as both protagonists as a compromise.

Astinus
May 16th, 2010, 02:35 PM
I love the female. Because she's me. The hair, the choice in clothes, and even the attitude just remind me of me. And a lot of my other female friends have said the same, that the female reminds them of themselves. It's great to finally have a female character who doesn't have the look about her that she's into contests and that's it. She's an awesome trucker girl.

I'm still undecided about the male. His hair is what's mainly bothering me, but I'm sure that he'll grow on me. It's just that the female character has gotten to me first.

Plus, the fact that they're older has endeared themselves to me. That is an amazing thing about them.

Raichupacabra
May 16th, 2010, 02:38 PM
ill probly use the female
the guy just looks bleh
but then the girls overworld sprite
looks like a retard

war rock exe
May 16th, 2010, 02:49 PM
I like them both... I think the Girl is a bit "prettier" than the other games... The guys looks awesome as well.. the Guy looks like a combination of Ash and the boy from pokemon platinum

HaloSonic
May 16th, 2010, 03:42 PM
the hiking boots kill it, but otherwise, i like the female protagonists design a lot. the guy has a solid look about him, and i'll probably end up playing as him regarless.

Cherrim
May 16th, 2010, 04:27 PM
I hate the girl's shorts but I love everything else about her design. I'm glad the shorts are the only thing I hate because I doubt I'll be able to see much of them in the game so I can imagine they aren't so horrible. :D

The guy is okay looking too. He's not amazing but nothing really stands out as annoying, either. XD; All in all I think these designs are better than they have been lately and I like them.

I'm also pleased that the protagonists are looking older. I always feel weird playing as a 10 year old because while it was appropriate in gen 1, that's... about it. XD; Now it feels like the fandom is growing up with me a bit (finally!) so that's nice. I wonder if it'll mean any changes to the basic story/gameplay. I must admit, I don't see the point in making them any older if it doesn't. :s

Ausaudriel
May 16th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I hate the girl's shorts but I love everything else about her design. I'm glad the shorts are the only thing I hate because I doubt I'll be able to see much of them in the game so I can imagine they aren't so horrible. :D
Yeah I'm still trying to figure out what her shorts are doing in these pictures... :|

I like the new designs a lot though. :] And agreed with everyone else who thinks it's good that they're older this time around.

coconutberry
May 16th, 2010, 04:31 PM
I love the girl character... Mainly because she looks a lot like me. (I have dark, curly hair that I wear in a ponytail... LOL.) ^^

colcolstyles
May 16th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Yeah I'm still trying to figure out what her shorts are doing in these pictures... :|

My guess is that what she's wearing used to be a pair of pants but the pockets got caught in her scissors when she was cutting them to make shorts and they got horrifically mangled.

I think they're nice. Nothing that really stands out as super cool to me but there aren't any outrageous put-offs either so I guess I can't complain. The girl, though... she looks a little too confident for my tastes.

A Pixy
May 16th, 2010, 04:37 PM
I find them both to be kinda bland, but the girl is slightly less bland, so I'm picking her. :D

Pityflame
May 16th, 2010, 04:39 PM
The girls hair is the best.

A Pixy
May 16th, 2010, 04:42 PM
The girls hair is the best.

Yes, her giant ponytail is quite non-bland. o3o

Aro-kun
May 16th, 2010, 07:50 PM
The male trainer looks tight, and the female trainer looks cute lol. I'm probably going to buy both versions and play as both of them. I can't decide which to choose ._. (First time buying both versions too)

Eternal Nightmare
May 16th, 2010, 07:56 PM
To be honest, I like them both. I don't see why people are getting on the girls sense of fashion and her hair. Being "unique" is smexy.

The guy...I just love his design. It makes him have that teenish look. The clothes are pretty awesome as well. They remind me of Ash's clothes from the anime. However, I still prefer the male character design in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

The girl...just love the hair and the stance gives her that edge of confidence xD. She lloks as young as the other protagonists but that's ok. One thing that's killing me is the way her legs are drawn x.x.

Vrai
May 16th, 2010, 08:41 PM
I don't like the girl at all. Something's just... off about her. ):
Boy is alright, though. Not in my favor but better than the girl.

I hope with the maturity of the players, maybe we'll get a more mature plot and stuff. Just maybe.

Redrup
May 16th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Both look alright. I'm always more interested in the designs and sprites for the Pokémon rather than the trainers themselves.

I'll be going with the male, as usual. No complaints about either design though. :)

xDaisuke0
May 17th, 2010, 04:14 AM
The boy looks good, the best design by far. And the girl is just rockin!! I wanna play as her...but Imma dude x_x
I do think they should look more fashion-forward though...

Youji
May 17th, 2010, 05:18 AM
The male one is at least with the time... He looks like a normal old-teen (so like 16-??) boy around the corner.

The girl... Ahm yeah =D Interesting hairs and weird shorts but still she looks mature and not childish.

I like both designes but "I like pie." was more catchy to select =D

RYOUKI
May 17th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Frankly, I like both of their designs. They do look older, and their clothes is like for a teenagers, especially the Female.

For the Male, I'd definitely choose him. Sure, he's the standard typical protagonist. I think he kinda resembled Brendan. Simple clothes but the style is awesome. I'm just surprised about his hair. Seriously, doesn't anyone feel like cutting it? We have spiky hair (Brendan), over the top bangs (Gold) but his hair was really unexpected. Isn't it a little too long?

For the Female, I was like wtf. She's completely different from the previous girls. Compared to Lyra, who's style is really, really childish (Check the bow on her hat), this protagonist's style is off the hook! Punk is not dead! Out of all female protagonist, she definitely stands out. Her hair, is like, on top of her hat! Her sprite's hair was like, also big. It's going to be funny choosing her as a choosing her as the player. It's kinda like Lucas with the beret. Extreme. Her shorts are also like, wow. May's biking tights is sooooo Gen 3.

Overall I'm kinda please with the design. If I had to guess their age, about 15-16? I mean, what parent want their 14 year old daughter going around the region with shorts that short? Can't wait for the rival although I don't have high hopes. Rivals are usually plain looking.

Azure
May 17th, 2010, 07:24 AM
The best looking Protagonists so far in my opinion, I especially like the girl too :P

abnegation
May 17th, 2010, 07:37 AM
I haven't been too fond of ant protagonists like I am these ones. The only generation that comes close to my enthusiam for good protagonists would be the 3rd with May and Brendan. I wasn't too font of any of the other too be quite frank.

I love how the boy looks, he seems calm yet eager, hungry for adventure yet not too hasty. I've never been one to get excited about how trainer art looks but for B&W, I'm looking forward to using these guys.

As for the girl, I guess you could comment on the shortness of the skirt but really, Dawn had done it a few years ago but at least this time the girl is somewhat more old and not 10 like Dawn was. She seems to be a tom-boy if I could sterotype her in anyway but that's a good thing for a protagonist. She does look more like a pokemon trainer and not so frilly like the female hero's we had in the past. I never could imagine Dawn taking on Team Galactic all on her own.

Quite pleased with them I must say, an improvement and a slighty more mature approach at making hero's, these guys seem more suited and the fact that they're older doesn't let me question some aspects of letting a 10 year old explore the world and take on evil teams etc.

Porygon-Z
May 17th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Same as always dorky looking boy and a hussy girl.

Storm_has_formed
May 17th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Personally, I wanted to give the girl a try, but I dont know, I'm not a huge fan of how she looks; plus I might look like a perv choosing her, unfortunately.

So I'm going with the male protagonist.

Sorry i don't follow... How does liking the girl design make you a perv? I like, and will probably use the girl when the game comes out

SiReNzZ
May 17th, 2010, 05:04 PM
In previous Pokémon games I always pick the male as I am male myself but I gotta say both look great for this next gen and I think perhaps many male gamers wouldn't mind picking the female as the dessign is quite good :)

Only thing I would change is : The female's boots to something a little more feminine

Porygon-Z
May 18th, 2010, 09:15 AM
In previous Pokémon games I always pick the male as I am male myself but I gotta say both look great for this next gen and I think perhaps many male gamers wouldn't mind picking the female as the dessign is quite good :)

Only thing I would change is : The female's boots to something a little more feminine

I would only pick the girl design because the boy design is just dumb looking.

ChrisTom
May 18th, 2010, 10:14 AM
I like the girl's attitude and clothing. She looks very believable. As does the guy, who as other's have stated, looks very mature: much more than previous male Protagonists. I think these will be very fun and interesting characters.

myrrhman
May 18th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Whoever had a problem with the girl's legs is absolutely right. Look at the size of her calves! If she is supposed to be 16 years old like we speculate, there is no way her legs should be that muscular.

TrilbyMenetti
May 18th, 2010, 12:58 PM
I voted for the guy, primarily because I am one and that is who I will play as. The girl looks great too, but she doesn't appeal to me.

Personally, I like how they look older compared to the previous protaganists and I'll be able to connect to them more, since they're closer to my age.

Townlain03
May 18th, 2010, 02:00 PM
ok who else thinks that these protagonists look nothing alike? I mean the male has a long sleeve jacket and the girl is wearing a no sleeve vest. The male wears long legged pants the girl wears short ass shorts. At least the rest of them kinda matched

Charizard632
May 18th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Both of them look cool, but I would pick the guy because of my gender.

Butterfree-Charizard
May 18th, 2010, 03:19 PM
I like the guys jacket alot.

Anuhrima
May 18th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Whoever had a problem with the girl's legs is absolutely right. Look at the size of her calves! If she is supposed to be 16 years old like we speculate, there is no way her legs should be that muscular.
I've seen girls with those kinds of legs and they were 16 and +. And it could just be how Ken Sugimori draws.

pokemongarnet
May 18th, 2010, 04:48 PM
I dont like either 2 uch cuz they both dress like there either camping in alaska or going for a hike.

But i like the guys shoes.

MistahDude
May 18th, 2010, 04:50 PM
http://idisk.me.com/sotomura/Public/Pictures/Skitch/p12-20100516-104803.png http://idisk.me.com/sotomura/Public/Pictures/Skitch/p17-20100516-104746.png

Revealed a few days ago, we finally got solid designs of the protagonists. And so, this is a thread dedicated to discussing your heart out about them!

Notes: Apparently they're older than the characters in previous games.

…The girl is so basic yet that comes across as a good thing to me.

That dude dresses like me and nearly every dude I know in Idaho and has a bunch of my friends' hairstyles. I know this girl with the same hair as the female trainer. 90% of teenage girls around here dress like the female trainer as well.

I dont like either 2 uch cuz they both dress like there either camping in alaska or going for a hike.

But i like the guys shoes.

They dress like they live in the north west parts of America. I would know, I live in Idaho and the majority dress like they do.

She is wearing shorts dude, she isn't a girly girl like Dawn. She is a tomboy, so Spheal with it.

Hamilton
May 19th, 2010, 05:18 PM
ok, the more i look at the male character, the more i think Game Freak is spying on me e.O
i mean seriously, we dress the same- i have a blue sweatshirt like that that i wear every day
i have a Back pack like that that i take to school every day
i have those same shoes except black
I WEAR PANTS!
oh yeah, and the brown eyes
i knew this would be my favorite region since they first released some info last month
and the male character just makes it completely personal
i really can't get over the fact that me and the main character of a pokemon game have the exact same fashion :)

DoctorFred
May 19th, 2010, 05:29 PM
mmmm....i like pie.

But seriously, The girl seems kinda eerie to me. >_> maybe it's her extremely long hair...or her evil grin. But the boy seems alright to me. I don't really care about the girl since i'm alwsys gonna be the guy...

Leaf Shinigami
May 19th, 2010, 05:42 PM
I want the Female Character to bake me some pie. MMMMM i'd love her pie.

MistahDude
May 19th, 2010, 06:41 PM
I want the Female Character to bake me some pie. MMMMM i'd love her pie.

and sammiches, dont forget the sammiches

Chocos0
May 19th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Finally, a game with older Protagonists! Those 10 - 12 year old Protagonists are annoying. (But the games are awesome!)

I'm gonna try something new, I'm gonna pick the girl as the Protagonist when it comes out. I've always used the boy.

Swift!
May 20th, 2010, 08:46 AM
They're both really awesome, way better than both Lucas and Dawn IMO. With that said, it does look like they put more effort in when designing the female protagonist. She just looks a lot more... complete. Still, all in all I think they're both great.

Oh right, I also love the fact that they've made them older than the protagonists from past generations. :)

Dragonika
May 20th, 2010, 12:44 PM
THESE GUYS LOOK EPIC http://idisk.me.com/sotomura/Public/Pictures/Skitch/p12-20100516-104803.png http://idisk.me.com/sotomura/Public/Pictures/Skitch/p17-20100516-104746.png

Arma
May 20th, 2010, 12:50 PM
THESE GUYS LOOK EPIC http://idisk.me.com/sotomura/Public/Pictures/Skitch/p12-20100516-104803.png http://idisk.me.com/sotomura/Public/Pictures/Skitch/p17-20100516-104746.png

He's right, these are probably the most well designed characters.
I've voted they both look awesome, but, I'd play the game as the boy, because thats my gender.

*Firestar*
May 20th, 2010, 12:53 PM
The guy looks epic. The girl is awesome too, but the hair is a bit extreme. I liek pie!!

Doogle3097
May 20th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Pie is my current obsession...well the word pie not the actual taste...so that poll made me very happy. :)

But back on the topic...I like their designs, I think imma be a girl for once.

.EJ
May 20th, 2010, 12:59 PM
This is probably my favorite design for the Character Pairs.

Girls mature faster than boys, yo.

Plus I've seen plenty of 16 yr old girls with stronger legs. You need to observe the other gender more. =P

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
May 20th, 2010, 01:18 PM
I picked the girl cause she just looks really cool imo! I actually love the hair :D

Rei Shingetsu
May 20th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Both are equally awesome!
I just love the overallness.
Heys, I dread complaining about new games x3

SonicThrust
May 20th, 2010, 01:43 PM
I prefer the boy's design. I'll definitely be choosing it when I get the games. The girl's design isn't bad, I'm just not overly into it. I think the hair might be killing me.

Storm_has_formed
May 20th, 2010, 01:50 PM
I'll go with the girl for an obvious reason. XD

I'm sorry. I don't see it... :p

DON3GAN
May 20th, 2010, 02:01 PM
I think both protagonists are nice, the fact that they look more mature than a 10 year old is good.
From the artwork i think the female hero looks better.

Dawn Rules
May 20th, 2010, 07:30 PM
I like the new characters there different and i love the female cuz she looks better than the other female player characters and as for her hair its unique and funky.

As for the male character shes better than the others btw i like them being older because really a 10 year old going on a pokemon journey they should be in school learning Math and English. How can they be smart if they dont go to school.

Kingler5
May 20th, 2010, 08:14 PM
honestly the girl is H-O-T hot!...then again, all of the girls were pretty hot...

And to top it off, i'm a water type, so hot isn't in our dictionary...more like: wet

Miyako
May 20th, 2010, 08:43 PM
They are both pretty smexy in my opinion, it'll be hard for me to choose who I want to play as. >.<

SolarAbusoru
May 21st, 2010, 01:04 AM
Obviously I'm gonna play as the boy being a boy myself, also, I'd definately want his clothes, I think they's suit me, sorta.
Also, they finally made a girl who is actually a tomboy, and I'm loving her smile, she's pretty damn feisty and spunky.

X75flames
May 21st, 2010, 05:30 AM
The guy finaly looks cool like in Gen III, but a bit more down to earth. Gen IV had horid characters -_-

The girl looks American XD Somthing should be done about the hair, but nothing will. Also, if she's going to be in the show O_O well lets just say, I think she should where a bit more on the lower half before 5 year olds see her.

fenyx4
May 21st, 2010, 09:44 AM
Both designs are awesome. The boy looks way too similar to Lucas in his Platinum outfit, which is a slight negative for me... From his overworld sprite from a long time ago, I thought he'd have brown spiky hair all around (similar to Kingdom Hearts's Sora, I guess) with a dark gray outfit with red accents.... The actual one is not that bad at all, though...

I really like the spikes on the girl's shorts, though; they seem like a nice innovation... Her hair is designed innovatively as well; it's a nice change... The girl's overworld sprite prototype I saw a long time ago looked like it had a simple ponytail...

I originally hated the fact that both the hair and the eyes of the boy are brown, but maybe it'll become minor thing to me... I really hope they get nice outfits in the third version as well... As I'm playing as the guy (due to he matches my gender), I'm glad that the artwork for him is awesome...

Though the girl is extremely hot, someone mentioned a resemblance to Miley Cyrus... I hope the girl player character just mimics Miley's appearance and not the bad aspects of her personality... :\

And the fact that both of them are older (I'm guessing 16 years old) is a definite plus.

Benjamin510
May 21st, 2010, 04:06 PM
The girl is H-A-W-T! I'll be naming her White! But i'll be using the boy in my normal game as Black. But the girl we'll be in my restart game.

PiPVoda
May 23rd, 2010, 06:21 PM
the ONE thing that I absolutely hate about the girl protagonist has to be her shoes. Idk but they just don't seem to really fit in with the rest of her outfit. Makes her look a little unfashionable compared to the other protgaonists we've had so far (Lucas and Dawn, high fashion; Black & White, straight out of the thrift store :D)

SolarAbusoru
May 24th, 2010, 03:51 AM
the ONE thing that I absolutely hate about the girl protagonist has to be her shoes. Idk but they just don't seem to really fit in with the rest of her outfit. Makes her look a little unfashionable compared to the other protgaonists we've had so far (Lucas and Dawn, high fashion; Black & White, straight out of the thrift store :D)

She's a tomboy, she's meant to be practical not fashionable, in fact, those boots are perfect for traveling, and that's what ya do in the game.

Ray Maverick
May 24th, 2010, 04:32 AM
MAYBE girl, because she's haut.

Swinoob
May 24th, 2010, 04:57 AM
The female protagonist's hair is completely messed up, and her shorts :paranoid: are odd at best. I can't believe they made the characters older than ten, either. All of the people in the Pokemon World are legally allowed to become a trainer when they are ten years old, so how are they gonna explain why your character hasn't already started on their journey? Game Freak said they would change a lot in this game, and, so far, it seems that they've only changed what we didn't want to see change. :cer_pissed: So far, I really don't think I'm going to buy this game. :cer_cry:

JP
May 24th, 2010, 08:30 AM
The female protagonist's hair is completely messed up, and her shorts :paranoid: are odd at best. I can't believe they made the characters older than ten, either. All of the people in the Pokemon World are legally allowed to become a trainer when they are ten years old, so how are they gonna explain why your character hasn't already started on their journey? Game Freak said they would change a lot in this game, and, so far, it seems that they've only changed what we didn't want to see change. :cer_pissed: So far, I really don't think I'm going to buy this game. :cer_cry:

Eh? Maybe for you. I have yet to see a single person complain about the protagonists being older.

Esmas
May 24th, 2010, 08:38 AM
I must say, the male protagonist's design is my favourite character design that I've ever seen in any of the Pokémon games. The contrast of colours is beautiful, and the fact that he is older just makes it look a lot better, as he seems to have a more mature face, a larger build, and a less cartoon-ish design (comparing to the series' predecessors, especially Ethan O___o). Not to mention that his eyes aren't as huge xD;

The female protagonist's design isn't bad, there's just nothing there to exactly draw my attention to it, besides the great colours. I especially like the short shorts, though the pockets are quite strange 8D ...But, really, what's with the hair? o3o;

Oh, and I find it kinda strange that the characters are so...uh...pale. I mean, the last designs were more yellow or orange in skin tone, but seeing as the games are set in a country outside of Japan, I could see why they'd do that. And living in such a futuristic region would block out the sun xD;

pieguy259
May 24th, 2010, 11:22 AM
I think we're all missing something here. Something important.

The girl.

Will be in.

The ANIME.

BEST. SEASON. EVER.

JAK3
May 24th, 2010, 11:41 AM
They are both cool! I like the dude, because I am a dude, and the girl is cool too! So I might play as her after my first Playthrough.

ComedyQuest
May 24th, 2010, 12:17 PM
The guy finally looks than the girl for once! Although the girl's hair doesn't really bother me, I've seen worse lol. But the guy is really worth playing as. He probably is better because he is older than the other male protagonists and his clothes are modern and... normal ^o^

RyanGT
May 24th, 2010, 12:24 PM
I will be choosing the boy, as I normally do.

Vital
May 24th, 2010, 12:40 PM
I'm loving both of them, thought the girl's hair style is killing me... in a good way. =D

I love how all the girls wore either short shorts or a mini skirt. xD

Bloothump
May 24th, 2010, 01:46 PM
My legs were like that when I was sixteen. They're still like that. Maybe she took ballet and tap like I did? Either that or she does a lot of running to build up the muscle on her legs. I don't see anything wrong with her legs or her outfit to be honest. But to each his own I guess.

As for the differences between the guy and girl, I think it's perfectly fine for them to be different in design. Everyone has their own style. Some people prefer the female while others prefer the male's look. It's a smart idea to do it that way. The Hoenn kids were both sporty, the Sinnoh kids were fashion-concious, now the fifth gen male and female have their own unique styles. Not everyone is into the same thing, so it's good to make the two different. Also, by aging them, it's more appealing to the demographic. Ten year olds can still play and now teenagers don't have to feel embarrassed by playng Pokemon. By making the characters teenagers, the plot in the game can be more interesting by having shipping hints.

I completely agree with you! I'm fifteen (so, around the boy's age) and I wear overwear all year long. So even during the summer I'm seen wearing a hoodie or sweater. Granted, I pull the sleeves up, but that's just who I am, I like layers, and feel too plain in a t-shirt. Actually, in colorado, a lot of guys are like this. And yes, it gets hot in the summer here too. Whereas you'll see girls in my grade wearing shorts that length anytime, unless it's snowing. So I feel as if the designs are very relevant.

Anywho, I personally like the girl's design better, because it's unique and eye-catching, but not too far fetched. (one of my good female friends wore shorts just like that yesterday, only the pockets were square and not quite as long. She bought them like that xD) However, I deffinetely prefer the male's overworld sprite. So I'll get white as my main game, play as a boy with Mijumaru. Then I'll get black, put a little less effort, have a girl and pokabu. Then Gray will come out and I'll be a boy again and have Tsutaja. Good deal?

All in all, these ar by far my favorite protagonists to date.

The guy finaly looks cool like in Gen III, but a bit more down to earth. Gen IV had horid characters -_-

The girl looks American XD Somthing should be done about the hair, but nothing will. Also, if she's going to be in the show O_O well lets just say, I think she should where a bit more on the lower half before 5 year olds see her.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm220/bea36/Pokemon/Misty1.gif

If they could handle Misty, they can handle Rippyshorts. It's he 40 year olds we have to keep our eyes on.... Actually, I really want this girl to be in the anime. Her design screams confidence and toughness, and I can so see her pwn Ash in their first battle. He needs to be shown he's not as hot shizz as he thinks he is. Hopefully they don't give her Mijumaru. I love the little guy, he just doesn't fit her whole "tough girl" image.

pieguy259
May 24th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Is it me, or do these two look related? I can see them as brother and sister.

pong08
May 24th, 2010, 09:22 PM
I don't have any problems with the characters. They look great. But still, I think Platina had the best design for the pokemon female characters. But this one almost tops it though. I'm still very pleased with the female character design though. And the male simply looks BA. Almost matches the Charisma of Blue in my opinion..... if not, even more charismatic compared to him.

Katie_Q
May 24th, 2010, 09:53 PM
I love them. I think the boy looks way better then any before. Much better the the 4th gen guy. And the female is pretty awesome too I think. I love the fact that they look older, makes the game feel more mature.

Azzurra
May 24th, 2010, 10:15 PM
They're both very interesting. I love the guy's hair, it rings originality in my ears.

Ninja Caterpie
May 24th, 2010, 11:50 PM
The guy's still not wearing shorts. ;_;

I like this girl, :D. Her hair is crazy, but it reminds me of Kay Faraday. :D And she looks really...American, y'know? =|

Sweet Candace
May 28th, 2010, 12:54 PM
The girl's hairstyle is wacky, which is why I like her design. She seems very outgoing (hiking boots). The boy, I have no real complaints with. He's okay.

MistahDude
June 19th, 2010, 05:12 PM
What do you think of the male trainer backsprite? What do you think of the new pokeball animation?

I like that the trainer is not on the same circle as his pokemon.

http://www.filb.de/kaihou/content/20100620_sunday_bw.jpg

Esmas
June 19th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Wow, I really like it. It's really dramatic and it's pretty awesome. Glad to see everything's coming to together quickly.

Phantom Poodle
June 29th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Yup, thanks for merging me, now I feel like a dummy. Haha XD

Anyway, I LOVE these new character designs. I've been thinking about them all morning. ^_^; I think they're incredibly neat, and I actually love both of the designs pretty equally. (I tend to prefer the girl designs most of the time, with the exception of Kris :P) The girl kinda rang of Dawn to me at first, which was a turn off, but now I see her as completely different after not looking at the illustration for a month or so. Her hair is just so... COOL. I love that it's like wavy hair as opposed to the super spiky style that anime and manga is renowned for. And I like her shorts! Yay for practicality... (even though the shorts are a bit wild lol). The boy looks so mature and confident that I was immediately drawn to him. I like his jacket and pants. :3 THUMBS UP FOR SUGIMORI :B

As for who I'll pick to play as... Well, in HGSS I picked the girl. In DPPT I picked the girl. My boyfriend picked the boy in those installments. So he and I are going to switch it up and I'll play mainly as the boy and he'll mainly be the girl.

Of course, I'm buying both games so I'm formulating a female character already... XD;

Anybody thought of their protagonist's name yet? *thinks way too far in the future* I am going to name the boy Tyberius, though I have to find some way to get around the character limit... |:<

Cherrim
June 29th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Okay, so, I looked back for a while and didn't see any threads on this topic... So...

What do YOU guys think of the trainers for Black and White? Do you like that they're older? Do you like their designs? Or do you hate them?

As for me, I personally like them a lot! The girl is finally wearing a practical outfit, instead of a skirt! Now she can run around and... Be trainery! xD And I really like the boy's shaggy hair, and he looks a bit more masculine than the protagonists of late...

Please comment and explain! 8D
Actually, we have a big thread on the protagonists already, so I merged yours in. :O

Brendino
June 29th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Although I do really like a good Apple Pie, I said that both of them were good. The male character is fairly plain, but is what I would imagine a trainer to look like if I met them on their journey. The female character's outfit is a little more wild and outgoing, but it's a good contrast for the plain male character. The only thing I didn't like is the female's hair... how would a hat stay on with that kind of hair?

Azure-Supernova
June 29th, 2010, 01:15 PM
FINALLY A NICE BLUE OUTFIT!

I have those shoes too I think... the female... is wearing teeny shorts... older indeed.

Jerme
June 29th, 2010, 01:20 PM

her daisy dukes? hahahaha

but too bad they will still be shrunk down to chibi size

Rich Boy Rob
June 29th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Although I do really like a good Apple Pie, I said that both of them were good. The male character is fairly plain, but is what I would imagine a trainer to look like if I met them on their journey. The female character's outfit is a little more wild and outgoing, but it's a good contrast for the plain male character. The only thing I didn't like is the female's hair... how would a hat stay on with that kind of hair?

What does everyone have against the girls hair? I think it looks cool and as for the hat, her hair clearly goes through the hole in the back. In fact, that would actually hold it on.

smellybellysrock
June 29th, 2010, 01:28 PM
I actually like their style, I find them more like "normal" people.

Jerme
June 29th, 2010, 01:36 PM
I actually like their style, I find them more like "normal" people.

lol, unlike the 3rd gen guys? the 10 year old with grey old man hair, lol

§acred†Beo!
June 29th, 2010, 01:41 PM
I like the girl much better then the guys design. She is much cuter then the other female protagonists.

Tiax
June 29th, 2010, 01:49 PM
The girl looks like a combination of Dawn from D/P/P and the girl from FR/LG... She even stole the girl's hat. :bandit: They both do look a lot older than the previous Protagonists... Wonder why?

Naruto Uzumaki
June 29th, 2010, 03:09 PM
I'm going to choose the girl because I like the way the design is, but I might buy the other version and use the boy.

Furanty
June 29th, 2010, 03:16 PM
I like both. The guy looks ... well, better than Brendan and Lucas together. He resemble Gold, I think. He has this gaze.
The girl is cute and I love her clothes. But that hair! Never mind, compared to Lyra, the new girl is what I was looking for.
As always, I will play both, the boy in Black, the girl in White. Or vice-versa.