PDA

View Full Version : B/W: The Isshu Region

Pages : [1] 2 3

Samme!
May 15th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Well it's a new game, so that means a new region! :D

Pokemon Black & White will be taking place in what is known as the Isshu Region. According to CoroCoro, it is very far from other regions like Kanto or Sinnoh, requiring a long plane or boat ride. It also implies that it is a more technologically advanced region. From pictures so far, it seems more modernized, although there are still the rural areas and towns. There isn't much information on Isshu yet, but there are a few pictures that showcase the region in different areas.

So what do you think the Isshu Region is going to provide us with? What would you life to see?

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/20/Isshu.png
Hiun City

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/7e/BW_Prerelease_Cave.png
The protagonist in a cave
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/22/BW_Prerelease_Town.png
What appears to be the starting town; also very rural like all previous regions.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c0/BW_Prerelease_City.png
A closer look at Hiun City.

The protagonist in a forest.

Noah Ridgewood
May 15th, 2010, 06:21 PM
The only opinion I have on it is what appears to be the starting town. I'm rather disappointed because I thought that the starting town would in fact be Hiun City, but I think that's just because of the fact that that was the first and only official city that has any information on it. Along with that, I found it interesting how it seemed to be in the middle of nowhere (apart from that bridge). So I was hoping that you would start there and it'll be in the middle of the region and you could have taken a boat to the next town and really start your journey. But meh... that obviously isn't going to happen. :<

I'm hoping that the name plays something in that town, though. Huin accordingly means bad luck and misfortune, so I really hope that they actually put something that has to do with bad luck in the plot that occurs in Huin City.

I do expect this region to bring great things, like always. Just hopefully less than 20+ legendaries. u__u

flight
May 15th, 2010, 06:22 PM
I...really don't know, to be honest. I'm going to take a stance here and say it's going to offer something extraordinary unlike any other region before it. With what we've seen so far, I'm actually having my hopes up for the region, and hopefully it'll bring out some lasting gameplay too.

Kirbychu
May 15th, 2010, 06:53 PM
I...really don't know, to be honest. I'm going to take a stance here and say it's going to offer something extraordinary unlike any other region before it. With what we've seen so far, I'm actually having my hopes up for the region, and hopefully it'll bring out some lasting gameplay too.
There's definitely something special about Hiun City. I just can't see why they'd showcase it so much if it wasn't truly important. I also think it's very possible that this region is based on the New York area.

Waffle-San
May 15th, 2010, 07:41 PM
The region looks amazing to me personally. I mean Hiun itself can pratically carry the game itself. But the screenshot I'm most interested in is the one with Protagonist staring up at the bridge. You can clearly see that the city is connected to another city by the bridge. Isshu's got flavour and I love it.

Beyerful
May 15th, 2010, 07:45 PM
I am very interested in not only Huin city and the sorts of things you can do there AS WELL as the city the bridge connects it too but what is that cave? It has like...blue electricity in it and it looks very cool. That forest also looks like a nice dark, lush place.

I am very much looking forward to the Isshu region to say the least.

PiPVoda
May 15th, 2010, 08:14 PM
It will probably bring a lot of surprises with it. I mean with the new graphics and all cities will be larger and feel more vibrant, physical features will look more real, etc. I am hoping to see the climate zones that Sinnoh and Hoenn had but larger, new ways of transportation around the region, etc.

JP
May 15th, 2010, 08:18 PM
I am very interested in not only Huin city and the sorts of things you can do there AS WELL as the city the bridge connects it too but what is that cave? It has like...blue electricity in it and it looks very cool. That forest also looks like a nice dark, lush place.

I am very much looking forward to the Isshu region to say the least.

Yeah, ever since they released that screenshot of the cave I've been excited to see what it's all about. It looks really awesome.

Esper
May 15th, 2010, 08:35 PM
With the picture showing those boats and the possibility that it's based on New York City (it does resemble the place, though it also looks a bit like San Francisco to me) I'm thinking there might be some new way of traveling around the region besides cycling, flying and surfing. That's what I'm hoping for anyway. Big cities have subways and cities by water have ferries.

FloatingClouds
May 16th, 2010, 12:22 AM
It looks great!
Although I have one issue, It's called ISSHU!!! What the hell were they thinking? it just sounds crap!

Flare Riqueza
May 16th, 2010, 02:33 AM
I hope the cities keep their Japanese names.

I think you should battle the main-game's legendary, and final evil team boss battle, etc.

On the top of a Skyscraper!

Because that'd be awesome.

Rich Boy Rob
May 16th, 2010, 02:46 AM
I really like the idea of having a modern, urban setting. I would much prefer that to another load of farms and villages. And I also agree that it would be better to have Hiun City as the starting place.

Rabla
May 16th, 2010, 05:50 AM
As a fellow Australian, I say that would just creep me the hell out.

But be awesome at the same time.

Hmm, theres an idea..

Ikwaylx
May 16th, 2010, 05:57 AM
It looks great!
Although I have one issue, It's called ISSHU!!! What the hell were they thinking? it just sounds crap!
Due to the fact that Isshu is probably based off an area outside of Japan, I'm expecting the name to have a substantial difference in its English localisation, unlike the previous regions which are based off of Japanese areas and thus would have no need to be changed.

Still, you don't see Japanese people call America a proper Japanese name now do you? So I have my doubts too.

The Cynic
May 16th, 2010, 06:01 AM
If what folks are saying is true and Isshu will have many different cultures represented by it, then were bound to have a Parisian city then. The Japanese love Paris.

I'd love to see and airport in the pokemo world, or even just an airship port. An oil rig is something they might do as well.

Hiroshi Sotomura
May 16th, 2010, 06:09 AM
I wholly expect Hiun City to be a hub with most of the stuff there, and several ways out of the city. I mean, it's giant and they're using it to bloody represent Isshu in the press shots, so why not? :P

BeachBoy
May 16th, 2010, 06:10 AM
I'd like to get the picture of the region, not the awesome city. D8

Frankly, I hope it drops the muddy vibe of the fourth generation and plugs in some more water like Hoenn. With a beautiful city and harbor thus far, I'm satisfied... at the moment.

Hamilton
May 16th, 2010, 06:14 AM
yeah, i want to see the region map before i jump to any final conclusions.... BUT Huin city looks pretty amazing

GlitchCity
May 16th, 2010, 06:29 AM
I would like to see a rainbow weather effect :D

Also I would like the return of the day/night music differences. I really liked that in DPPt

Samme!
May 16th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Yeah, it's kind of hard to base assumptions on Isshu just around an image of one city XD;

But another thing I just thought about is what kind of biomes would you like to in the region? Like deserts, mountains, forests, etc.
I personally want to there to be a lot of water this time, because Sinnoh had barely any water routes whatsoever. It's also be cool if there were some tropical areas of some sort, with forests and beaches to go along with it. I just hope for some more exciting areas instead of just the same old trees and grass everywhere.

Blue
May 16th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Sounds like a good Region, I like this image;

JAK3
May 16th, 2010, 11:27 AM
The forest is very exciting, I can imagine we will be seeing some new Bug Pokemon in it! Hiun City looks rather cramped by the artwork, but in the game, it looks very nice! The starting town brings that feel of "Oh boy, I just walked out of my house, time to start my adventure." Which is the feel probably everyone get's when they walk out of their house for the first time. That cave looks interesting, what are those squiggly lines on the cavern floor, perhaps electricity bolts, maybe it has something to do with an electric type Pokemon located in that cave! Can't wait for more Info!

The Cynic
May 16th, 2010, 11:30 AM
I personally want to there to be a lot of water this time, because Sinnoh had barely any water routes whatsoever.

I agree, more water routes than Sinnoh, Kanto and Johto. But not as many as Hoenn! That was one of the few flaws with my favourite region.

Samme!
May 16th, 2010, 11:31 AM
The forest is very exciting, I can imagine we will be seeing some new Bug Pokemon in it! Hiun City looks rather cramped by the artwork, but in the game, it looks very nice! The starting town brings that feel of "Oh boy, I just walked out of my house, time to start my adventure." Which is the feel probably everyone get's when they walk out of their house for the first time. That cave looks interesting, what are those squiggly lines on the cavern floor, perhaps electricity bolts, maybe it has something to do with an electric type Pokemon located in that cave! Can't wait for more Info!

I was wondering the same thing too when I saw the picture of the cave, because those lines over to the right just don't seem very natural. The light that's radiating off of the rocks also gets you thinking what could be special about the cave n_n

Also with the forest, it looks as if the trainer came down to the spot he is at from the log behind him. Seems like we'll be seeing more interactive features in the region itself! :D Pretty cool if I say so myself.

Tyrantrum
May 16th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Hm, a desert town would seem cool. Pokémon lack of desert. I mean, they had a small bit in R/S/E and D/P/Pt. They should add more of a desert, and make a town or village surrounded by sand.

As for a cactus Pokémon, there's Cacnea and Cacturne. Remember?

KaiVii
May 16th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Id love to see anACTUAL jungle, not just wet marsh, vines hanging down etc.

Itd be kind of cool to have a ghost town too

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
May 16th, 2010, 04:23 PM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/20/Isshu.pngHas any noticed that that pair of stairs near the harbor leads to the water? It means we get to surf to some place... wonder where?

Samme!
May 16th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Has any noticed that that pair of stairs near the harbor leads to the water? It means we get to surf to some place... wonder where?

Wow, I didn't even really think about that when I originally saw those stairs. That's cool that you thought about that! :3 Hopefully you can surf somewhere neat, and hopefully not run into hundreds of Tentacool's on the way xD

Pityflame
May 16th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Has it been confirmed if that the 3rd pic is the starting city?

manomow
May 16th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Yeah, now that we are in Gen 5, we dont need Tentacool, Geodude, or Zubat. WE NEED TENTAWESOME, GEOMAN, AND MEGABAT!

A Pixy
May 16th, 2010, 04:39 PM
I must say the big city and overall futuristic feel of Hiun City is nice. It's unique. There aren't really many places like it. Reminds me of Grand Metropolis from Sonic Heroes /NO ONE SHARES YOUR INTERESTS

Samme!
May 16th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Has it been confirmed if that the 3rd pic is the starting city?

It hasn't been confirmed but it will most likely be the starting town as the way it looks (small and rural) and as the player is outside of the house.

インフェルノの津波
May 16th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Well, I hope Isshu is warm and cold. And a few other things too, like maybe a Mountain Range?

Heart's Soul
May 16th, 2010, 04:48 PM
By my guesses (and the fact that it's a port city), I am safely going to guess that Isshu is going to be south-east of Kanto and Hoenn, making this the most east region in a Pokemon Main-Series game.

Oddly enough, I had a dream about some place called Isshu (pronounced Ie-su) about 2 weeks ago. Creepy, huh?

Samme!
May 16th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I really would like to see some mountains again. Maybe not as large and expansive as Mount Coronet in Sinnoh, but still areas with caves and snow-topped areas.

I also think it would be awesome if there was an almost arctic-esque area, where it would be water/land combined but snowy, along with icebergs that you can go on, etc. Something like that would really appeal to me, and the idea of a desert village like Eeveon said would be awesome :D

Esper
May 16th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Mountains bore me a bit. Every game has had them and they're always full of Zubats and Geodudes. I hope they play down the mountains and play up the urban areas. A more urban region would be pretty interesting especially if you could encounter wild pokemon in some of those areas. It makes sense that some pokemon wouldn't live in caves/water/tall grass. They just better not make it another power plant.

countryemo
May 16th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Yeah, it's kind of hard to base assumptions on Isshu just around an image of one city XD;

But another thing I just thought about is what kind of biomes would you like to in the region? Like deserts, mountains, forests, etc.
I personally want to there to be a lot of water this time, because Sinnoh had barely any water routes whatsoever. It's also be cool if there were some tropical areas of some sort, with forests and beaches to go along with it. I just hope for some more exciting areas instead of just the same old trees and grass everywhere.

Washington shall fix that up ;) you would get about every single biome!

I would like to see more water in this game and underwater should be back xD

colcolstyles
May 16th, 2010, 07:52 PM
I would like to see more water in this game and underwater should be back xD

I agree. I liked the ability to go underwater in R/S/E and I hope it returns in Black and White. However, I'm not big on water routes, especially after Hoenn and its 17 water routes. A handful would be nice but 17 is just ridiculous. I'd also like to see some snow. We got to see a little in Sinnoh and I think it'd be cool to see two or three snow routes in Black and White as well. Finally, I'd also like to see some beaches. Other than that, they can do whatever the heck they want with the region. I just hope that it isn't too urbanized. I liked how natural Hoenn felt.

Waffle-San
May 16th, 2010, 08:03 PM
By my guesses (and the fact that it's a port city), I am safely going to guess that Isshu is going to be south-east of Kanto and Hoenn, making this the most east region in a Pokemon Main-Series game.

Oddly enough, I had a dream about some place called Isshu (pronounced Ie-su) about 2 weeks ago. Creepy, huh?

Update us on those dreams. :P

Two words: Underwater Vocano. Please, please and please Game Freak!!

Vrai
May 16th, 2010, 08:13 PM
I want to see new places. We've been to tons of mountains before; anyone up for a valley? How about we explore the inside of a volcano? I want to explore a barren Arctic wasteland - not the stupid snowy hills of Sinnoh, but a place where if the ice cracks you're frozen in the lake (not really but yeah).

I just want to see something new. Big, huge cities like Hiun would be awesome but I think that they could strive for a little bit more area-wise if they go for that.

ANARCHit3cht
May 16th, 2010, 08:55 PM
I like the fact that it is more modern. xP But... there would be a lot of buildings with blocked off floors. I mean, they couldn't make 40 floors for every building you are aloud to go in, it would be too much.

But.. Hiun should have a strong connection in the plot, imo.

Alternative
May 17th, 2010, 02:11 AM
I like the modern feel of the new region of what we've seen so far. I'm actually hoping this game gives the more modern/urban city feel to the game.

Angelroid
May 17th, 2010, 10:03 AM
I have a feeling Isshu is in Australia or somewhere in the USA.

DXrobots
May 17th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Aside from Hiun city it doesn't look all that different. and the 3D view I don't know how I feel about that. It seems a little much. but then again thats how I felt about generation IV

PiPVoda
May 17th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Isshu needs to be mostly based on Australia, otherwise it just won't be appealing to anyone. Since really, we've gone so long without Australia, so assuming that Huin is NY as people say, then each other city can represent a city from another country. Though in this case, 6 of the cities can be based on Australia and we'll all be happy. :D

If they will use any country for the game then it should be Korea or Greece. Korea is close, we could have rainy tropical climate in the south, mountains streaming in the interior, snow up in the far north, and Jeju island to travel to.

Greece would be another cool one since A) it's been used before, b) Greece is large enough to be one mega-region or broken into two regions, and c) greece is home to various physical features and islands. Australia would be okay, but inform me on the geography and climate there. If australia is used then I think there would mainly be fire, ground, and rock type pokemon spread around it. Actually Australia could be a massive fire island XD.

I have a feeling Isshu is in Australia or somewhere in the USA.

angelroid, my fellow b&w starters fan club member and friend...I don't agree with you!!!!

Though like I said Isshu could be based in Greece, Korea, or Korean+Australia. They could even just add in influences from cities and regions around the world.

Ninja Aiden
May 17th, 2010, 01:33 PM
This actually looks pretty amazing! I can't wait for it to be released, although I do have on issue, about the very tall buildings, will all of those be accessible, or will you only have access to a few? The rest looks pretty cool.

May 17th, 2010, 01:39 PM
This actually looks pretty amazing! I can't wait for it to be released, although I do have on issue, about the very tall buildings, will all of those be accessible, or will you only have access to a few? The rest looks pretty cool.from the pics we got it seems like a few but there might be a door in the side or behind the buildings that we can't see from the pics!

Samme!
May 17th, 2010, 03:57 PM
I hope that we'll at least get to explore some of the tall buildings in Hiun City, not necessarily all of them. But it'd be pretty neat if there were some first-person outlooks at the top where you got to see far out into the region or something.

And have any of you wondered what that tannish almost tudor styled building is to the left of the Pokemon Center? Seems a little out of place to me.

Johto_legend
May 17th, 2010, 04:05 PM
just to notice sumthing, there are stairs from one of the docks to the sea. that can mean a sea route to another city or sumthing similar

dooxer
May 17th, 2010, 04:11 PM
I can expect them to take full use of the 3D... anyone for mountain climbing? what about surfing down a river? I REALLY want to see what they'll incorporate as specially 3D

or maybe... downloadable areas... so they can tack on as promotions...!!
and I don't mean a tiny island with one pokemon, I mean a whole route or something.

Red1530
May 17th, 2010, 05:28 PM
I think that Hiun City is based on New York City for three reasons.

The waterfront in Hiun City (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/20/Isshu.png) is similar to Battery Park (http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p99/Red1530/BatteryPark.jpg)
The bridge in the background of the Hinu City is similar to the Manhattan Bridge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhattan_Bridge)
The final reason is that two skyscrapers in the upper left of the image remind me of the World Trade Center. Maybe it is a tribute to the victims as the game will most likely be released in 2011 in the United States, the which will mark the tenth anniversary of the attack.

May 18th, 2010, 08:18 AM
It probably is based on Ny

mattattack
May 18th, 2010, 08:29 AM
I've been thinking: Ever since they said this new region wouldn't be in Japan, well I always thought the screenshots for Hiun City reminded me of New York. What city do you guys think?

The Cynic
May 18th, 2010, 09:04 AM
I think I know where it is!

Hiun City = Auckland!

http://kam.mff.cuni.cz/conferences/ATCAGC_2010/auckland.jpg http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/isshu.jpg

Both are transport and commercial hubs and Isshu is seen to be high-tech in places and low-tech in others. New Zealand has high-tech cities but quite bucolic countryside. Both have a lot of mining.

Just a hunch but I think maybe Isshu = New Zealand!

Mew~
May 18th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Well im relly excited about this new region, it looks amazing :D
Im hoping for a more exotic city or somthing, I dunno! Somthing we havent seen! :D Like the underwater city in hoenn! (atlantis XD)
An underground city? LOL
Ummm... maybe somthing like ummm... I got nothing xD

Envoirment
May 18th, 2010, 09:58 AM
This is looking to be an amazing game which will have hours of gameplay (more than the previous 4 generations) as exploring big cities must take its time! Plus, I would love it if the incoperated an airport so when you have finished the pokemon league, you can possibly fly back to a previous region or a new destination with some "rare" pokemon :D Cannot wait for this to come out <3

Timbjerr
May 18th, 2010, 10:08 AM
I'm more prone to believe that Isshu correlates with the American west coast, with Hiun City correlating with Seattle. A much more logical choice in location considering its ties with Nintendo. :P

ChrisTom
May 18th, 2010, 10:11 AM
I don't think it will be based off of New York or any of those places. I am positive it will be based off of another region in Japan.

Esper
May 18th, 2010, 11:35 AM
There's not much to go on at this point. A city by the ocean with a bridge. It could easily be any of a dozen cities around the world. If it's not based on somewhere in Japan (which they've pretty much said already) the most likely place is to have it be in the US since that's where the largest market for the games outside of Japan is. And if it's going to be in America it's likely to be a well-known area to the game designers. Something like Los Angeles, New York City, or San Francisco. It's got to be somewhere near the coast and have a large bridge (which excludes LA as far as I know). I want it to be SF for selfish reasons, but NY makes the most sense. It's the largest area and had a Pokemon Center.

But I want to post this anyway, just because.
http://sftravel.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/zepplin-san-francisco.jpg

Tall buildings, boats, and a bridge. It could be.

Esper
May 18th, 2010, 11:52 AM
I don't think it will be based off of New York or any of those places. I am positive it will be based off of another region in Japan.
So far the four regions have all more or less the same relationship to each other that the places they're based on have. Sinnoh is up north, Hoenn is down south, etc. etc. It's supposed to be a faraway region. The only place in Japan that's far away would be Okinawa and that's already been incorporated into Hoenn as Ever Grande City. So unless they lied it's got to be based on somewhere outside Japan.

Aether
May 18th, 2010, 12:34 PM
From the screenshots (African-Americans), locations, and characters (yay baseball caps), I'm assuming this one may be based on North America.

Cherrim
May 18th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Let's try to keep all the region talk in one place. There are already a lot of posts in the general Isshu thread about Hiun City's origin specifically so let's put it there. :)

Red1530
May 18th, 2010, 06:47 PM

Hiun City = Auckland!

http://kam.mff.cuni.cz/conferences/ATCAGC_2010/auckland.jpg http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/isshu.jpg

Both are transport and commercial hubs and Isshu is seen to be high-tech in places and low-tech in others. New Zealand has high-tech cities but quite bucolic countryside. Both have a lot of mining.

Just a hunch but I think maybe Isshu = New Zealand!Your same argument can apply to the New York City idea as well. New York is a major commercial hub and to its north is the Hudson Valley which is very bucolic. It also a few hundred miles from the coal mines in the Appalachian Mountains.

Kirbychu
May 18th, 2010, 08:20 PM
From the screenshots (African-Americans), locations, and characters (yay baseball caps), I'm assuming this one may be based on North America.
When did they ever show a screenshot of a colored person in these games?

Alternative
May 18th, 2010, 08:21 PM

Hiun City = Auckland!

Is you're right nd this is true, lets just hope the Isshu region isn't overrun with Mareep/Flaaffy.

Nick Man
May 18th, 2010, 10:24 PM
I think the Isshu Region is West of Johto or in real life, in Honshu and Kyushu.
Hiun City might be Kitakyushu City and the bridge might be the Kammon-Kyo Bridge, connecting Honshu and Kyushu.

WriteThemWrong
May 18th, 2010, 10:35 PM
i just hope all those buildings have some kind of purpose, one will most likely be a department store but will the others be inaccessible, like celadon or goldenrod?

Angelroid
May 18th, 2010, 10:53 PM
The name Black and white, Have to do with the Taoism.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7c/Yin_and_Yang.svg/75px-Yin_and_Yang.svg.png

PKMN Trainer Red!
May 18th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Isshu region...
Well from the screen shots, it is already advanced.
I mean Hiun City surpasses Jubilife, Goldenrod, Saffron, and Lilycove City.
Well that is what I think.

I just hope that there are more places t go in this region than the connected Kanto and Johto.
I mean want my excitement to be satisfied and not disappointed.

PiPVoda
May 19th, 2010, 06:34 AM
just to notice sumthing, there are stairs from one of the docks to the sea. that can mean a sea route to another city or sumthing similar

I figure that is either for ships that come into Hiun City's port, and it's an area that you can't get into (you know, just a filler to make it look more like a city), or the stairs leading to the sea are for surf or possibly something else down there.

Hiun City = Auckland!

Hmm, it maybe but I'm not convinced. I agree with Red1530 with the thing about New York. It too is a major transport and commercial hub (come on it's one of the world's financial capitals) and the appalachians aren't too far away. Auckland does bear somewhat of a resemblance but Hiun City's skyline definitely isn't based on it. It is possible that they took features from two or more cities in the world and combined them into one. Gen 5 is suppose to be a revolution of pkmn afterall so it's possible.

i just hope all those buildings have some kind of purpose, one will most likely be a department store but will the others be inaccessible, like celadon or goldenrod?

I'm sure we will have acess to a decent number of them, but to the majority probably not. I mean with so many scrapers in Hiun City it would take forever to go inside each (especially if you had access to multiple floors in a building). Think about it, NYC has hundreds of skysvrapers, if you lived in the city would you travel to every one? If you include the number of high rises than that number zooms almost past 6,000 buildings.

Anyways, the usual department store, few buildings to get into, then other buildings no entrance is old and yeah it should be changed.

well the colored person could be black, and if she **looks like a girl from back sprite** is then it could be based anywhere. There are black people living in western European countries, Australia, NZ, USA, Latin America, etc. But yeah more than likely if there were more people like her it would more than likely be based in USA or maybe Brazil? (it has largest # of ppl of african descent outside of Africa). The colored person could be Arab, South Asian, or even a Native American too though.

When did they ever show a screenshot of a colored person in these games?
I can't find any solo pics of it besides on pokebeach: http://pokebeach.com/2010/05/clearer-game-screenshots-and-artwork-of-black-and-white

it's the 2nd picture next to the screenshot of the guy/girl trainers. from the small back sprite it appears as if this person is of a darker color, idk, we really won't know till more screenshots or the games come out.

JollyRoger25
May 20th, 2010, 02:14 PM
So, in case you haven't noticed, each region in Pokemon so far relates to a real world place. I was wondering where you think that the Isshu Region relates to?

Dragonika
May 20th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Well many people are speculating that the cities are going to be from america because apparantley hiun city looks like new york but i think there basing the cities from china rather than japan like usual :)

Timbjerr
May 20th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I'm still standing by my guess of the American west coast. America is the biggest market for the games outside of Japan, and with Nintendo's American headquarters in Seattle, it will have the familiarity aspect to it as well. I just hope Isshu extends far east enough to see an analogue of my hometown. XD

Dragonika
May 20th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Fair enough buy i seriously dont think its going to end up in america .

there is scanned photo of the trainer in a cave you dont egsacley get caves in towns or citys in ameria do you ?

SolarAbusoru
May 20th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Fair enough buy i seriously dont think its going to end up in america .

there is scanned photo of the trainer in a cave you dont egsacley get caves in towns or citys in ameria do you ?

yes, you can, in fact, they're more natural in the UK, take Cheddar Gorge for example

Timbjerr
May 20th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Fair enough but I seriously don't think it's going to end up in America.

There is a scanned photo of the trainer in a cave. You don't exactly get caves in towns or cities in America do you ?

grammar correct'd for ease of reading. XD

Who says that the cave in the screenshot was within the city? There are plenty of cave systems near the Rocky Mountains...I've been down in at least three of them from my personal travels. XD

...besides...where in the world would you find an undeveloped cave within an urban city?

pokemongarnet
May 20th, 2010, 03:06 PM
I thin this one might be like a melting pot of a bunch of different places.

Kenaku
May 20th, 2010, 04:16 PM
I'm thinking China, because, really? America? Nah, GameFreak would totally go a bit closer to home. If anywhere else at all, Western Japan maybe?

NuclearWizard
May 20th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Maybe like the Orange Islands where it was just random stuff. Or maaaaybe they've lost creativity since then :P

BleuVII
May 20th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Well, a lot of Japanese people live between Seattle and Vancouver. That would be a good place to set it in order to be inclusive to Americans AND Canadians. But "Hiun" sounds an awful lot like China.

Cherrim
May 20th, 2010, 04:33 PM
So, in case you haven't noticed, each region in Pokemon so far relates to a real world place. I was wondering where you think that the Isshu Region relates to?
Merged your thread into the general Issue Region thread since that topic has already been discussed in there.

flight
May 20th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Isshu needs to be mostly based on Australia, otherwise it just won't be appealing to anyone. Since really, we've gone so long without Australia, so assuming that Huin is NY as people say, then each other city can represent a city from another country. Though in this case, 6 of the cities can be based on Australia and we'll all be happy. :D

Quite frankly, I don't know what you're on about to be honest. I didn't realize Australia should play a role until this very post was brought up. What does having Australia in it have to do with the games overall enjoyability factor? I think the game is fine the way that it is, and I think that's quite a naive factor when you said that "it wont be appealing to just anyone". I think that, going from this forum, that the large majority like Black and White seemed pleased with what the game has to offer, so it contradicts your point there.

The Isshu region seems completely fine to me, and the fact that it's based on one of America's most popular cities(well, from what I've read so I guess it's safe to make this assumption) makes it even better because it feels more realistic. It's finally not that same 2D stuff that we've grown to see for years and years. It's finally becoming more revolutionized and I can't wait to see even more of what it has to offer.

God
May 20th, 2010, 04:52 PM

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/189/fgsssss.gif

I don't get it, whats the point of doing that? Unless you want 150 new DESERT Pokémon, there's no point of going there. D:

Tater Tot
May 20th, 2010, 06:41 PM

What the HECK? D: What makes you think if it's not based on Australia its not going to be appealing to anyone? :[

Kirbychu
May 20th, 2010, 06:57 PM
I can't find any solo pics of it besides on pokebeach: http://pokebeach.com/2010/05/clearer-game-screenshots-and-artwork-of-black-and-white

it's the 2nd picture next to the screenshot of the guy/girl trainers. from the small back sprite it appears as if this person is of a darker color, idk, we really won't know till more screenshots or the games come out.
Oh, that pic. People still think that's a black person? Honestly, you can't determine anything from that screenshot, especially since his/her back is turned.

15ares
May 20th, 2010, 07:23 PM
It will probably bring a lot of surprises with it. I mean with the new graphics and all cities will be larger and feel more vibrant, physical features will look more real, etc. I am hoping to see the climate zones that Sinnoh and Hoenn had but larger, new ways of transportation around the region, etc.

i agree, but with the snowy areas, they need to change the weather to snow, not hail because hail is a summer storm. it is impossible to have hail in winter unless its really warm outside

Swift!
May 20th, 2010, 08:38 PM
I'm hoping Isshu is much larger in scale than any previous region. So far it looks like that's the case, but it might just look that way from the screenshots. I want there to be so much to do in each town/city that it takes the player days to finish exploring one single place.

loliwin
May 20th, 2010, 11:39 PM
I think it'd still be in Japan, maybe its more of a modernized place. :D

and man the city is huge

TheChroniclesofLance
May 21st, 2010, 10:16 AM
has anybody else noticed that Isshu might be related to the United States possibly?
It is also very far from Kanto/Japan

and if you spell Isshu backwards you get U hss I --->U-ess-ay---> U-S-A

Iqid Loopz
May 21st, 2010, 10:43 AM
Im liking the pictures, Isshu is a wierd name but creative. I hope they add more interesting things to cities, like underwater cities like "Atlantas" just not in ruins and physicly exist, or have in-mountain cites, like a city in a literally in a mountain. But im hoping they DONT place a large mountain smack middle of the region . Preventing freedom to go into other parts of the regions, it like a kill-joy or a ****-block too me. "Hey its a mountain and it has a cave, I hope it doesn't have...Damn it! It has boulders placed in the way, that I cant move or smash" - Beginning of the game.

More interesting landscapes, and more cities and town, but I need to look at the map of the region vefore I can bash on it. Hoping to hear and see more.

Yingxue
May 21st, 2010, 11:50 AM
There's definitely something special about Hiun City. I just can't see why they'd showcase it so much if it wasn't truly important. I also think it's very possible that this region is based on the New York area.

Holy crap, I've never thought of it like that. That actually makes really good sense. "The Isshu region is very far away, you have to travel by plane, further than any other region before it"

I know someone's already pointed it out before, but mind = blown

Charizard632
May 21st, 2010, 02:03 PM
I believe the Isshu Region will be based off of Washington. Not Washington DC, the state Washington in the United States. When the year becomes 2011, a new music genre is born. The early Isshu Era of video games.

Yep, I categorize video games by year.

Early Isshu- 2011-
Sinnoh- 2007-2010
Hoenn- 2003-2006
Pre-Hoenn- 2001-2002
Kanto-Johto- 1996-2001
16-Bit- 1992-1996
8-Bit- 1985-1991
Nostalgic- 1970-1984

Nostalgic- Before the NES
8-Bit- When the NES was introduced
16-Bit- When the SNES was introduced
Kanto-Johto- When the N64 and Pokemon were introduced
Pre-Hoenn- When the Game Boy Advance and Game Cube were introduced, but not the next generation pokemon game
Hoenn- When the 3rd generation Pokemon game was introduced
Sinnoh- When the next gen gaming consoles were introduced
Early Isshu- When the Next Generation Pokemon Game will be introduced

PiPVoda
May 21st, 2010, 06:08 PM
I'm thinking China, because, really? America? Nah, GameFreak would totally go a bit closer to home. If anywhere else at all, Western Japan maybe?

Yeah I just thought about that. It could be China or better yet Korea. I'm guessing if Hiun isn't based off of NYC then it definitely has influences from Hong Kong or possibly even Shanghai. Really I don't care what country it's based off of, as long as it's an awesome region I'm fine.

Oh, that pic. People still think that's a black person? Honestly, you can't determine anything from that screenshot, especially since his/her back is turned.

It doesn't have to be a black person. I said colored which in the US may be considerd a black person but could also be a Southeast or South Asian, possibly even Arab or Latino-influenced. Obviously the person is darker than the others around and although we only have the back sprite she (or he) surely doesn't look like the 'typical' characters in pkmn.

i agree, but with the snowy areas, they need to change the weather to snow, not hail because hail is a summer storm. it is impossible to have hail in winter unless its really warm outside
You know I've always wondered why they did that. My guess was because snow can't do damage to anything (unless you swallow a snow flake and choke :P) so that is why the used hail.

Pokestick, good times.
May 22nd, 2010, 02:59 AM
Well, regardless of what it's based on (I don't really care, unless it'd be somewhere in Sweden ;) ), the region is looking awesome. I can't wait to learn more of this. What other amazing things will they put in there? :D
Hm... Unless the region is really small, and the main thing is the big town... No that can't be. That'd be horrible. Or can it?

seeker
May 22nd, 2010, 04:02 AM
I've made the assumption that B&W will be largely based in the city, however we've seen screenshots of the Isshu region's more rural areas such as a forest and even the starter town seems to be more pastoral rather than based in the city. Even though I'm hoping that there will be a different approach on making the region of that of the previous games I'm happy to see that it wont be entirely in the city.

I'd like to see a bigger region and not one you fly through in a day on your first run through of the game. I'd also like to see more towns and cities in which you visit in the game and not just key towns like in the previous RPG's. It'd be nice too see some towns like in the anime that might hold more side quests and such. Other than that I hope to see some picturesque sites in the Isshu region and something that will stand out from the previous regions we've seen in past games.

thedgr05
May 22nd, 2010, 01:35 PM
It think It will be between Korea and China, Hiun sounds Chinese, and I think it would be great if it was on China. Just my opinion.

Bloothump
May 22nd, 2010, 03:22 PM
Many people have perdicted that the Isshu Region willl be based off of the United States due to the statement that it will be located "very far away from the other regions", and due to Hiun City's vastness, resembling one of America's bigger cities like New York. Whether this is true or not, I think we're in for some very diverse and colorful new towns in Black and White. (the other towns we've seen is an older, western looking one, with a train system and lots of bricks, and something that looks like the standard hometowns from the previous games)

So, here's my question:

x What would you like to see incorporated into a town or area in Isshu? Wha kind of buildings, minigames, pokemon, people?
x What kind of cities do you plan to see in Isshu? Based off of America? Or somewhere else?
x Think of the closest major city to where you live. What, in that city, would you like to see in Black and White?

For me personally, I would like to see some kind of street performer minigame. As you beat it, it gets both harder and more entertaining. It could start out as a modest didgeridoo[sp?] game, utilizing the DS's microphone, and get more complicated as you become a human statue/robot man/crazy guy in a pikachu suit. It'd be something cool to put into Hiun City. Also, I think there should be gormet restauraunts, that sell unique food items with unique results in battle. So if you fed your mijumaru a dish of honey seared broiled duck, it could raise it's attack power for water type moves sharply, as well as revive its HP by 50. Granted, the gourmet meals would be pretty expensive.

I live about twenty minutes from downtown Denver, and I was just there today. (which would be what sparked the idea for this thread!) So like Denver, I would like to see a city with a river running through it, and you can walk under the streets along the river. There could also be some beautiful murals along the walls, like an ocean scene with a goldeen, looking like chalk art. Also, you could see mountains in the distance.

Timbjerr
May 22nd, 2010, 03:33 PM
Underground tunnels. I know it's been done before in Goldenrod city and a couple in Kanto, but I'm talking like those, but expanded.

I live in Houston, TX, and a little-known fact is that there's a series of underground tunnels connecting everything in downtown together. You can get from the bus station to the museum to the high-rise office buildings by just walking underneath the city, and there are even coffee shops, restaurants, and convenience stores down there. I wanna see a place in the Pokemon world that mimics that atmosphere. The Goldenrod underground from GSCHGSS was a good start, and the Under from Colosseum was a step in the right direction. I want to see essentially a huge underground city connecting several cities, perhaps as an alternative to going over a water route or desert above land.

TheChroniclesofLance
May 22nd, 2010, 04:36 PM
It think It will be between Korea and China, Hiun sounds Chinese, and I think it would be great if it was on China. Just my opinion.

I always thought Orre was suppossed to be China and maybe one of the Ranger regions like Fiore or Almia represented the Korean Penninsula

~Wind~
May 22nd, 2010, 05:45 PM
Ijust noticed, see this boat?

http://i50.tinypic.com/2heh5j4.jpg

It reminds me allot of the SS cactus from hoenn, what about you?
(oooh maybe a remake hint)

Red1530
May 22nd, 2010, 05:59 PM
I always thought Orre was suppossed to be China and maybe one of the Ranger regions like Fiore or Almia represented the Korean PenninsulaI thought Orre was based on Arizona.

MuRd3riNGQu33nX
May 22nd, 2010, 06:02 PM
Sounds very different, but hey let's see what more town names they can come up with.

pikapip26
May 22nd, 2010, 06:09 PM
Hiun city looks like one big region :P I wonder where the gyms would be... BTW there is a bridge, which might connect to like, the un-modernized part of Isshu :D Probably where the player lives?

Bloothump
May 22nd, 2010, 07:49 PM
Underground tunnels. I know it's been done before in Goldenrod city and a couple in Kanto, but I'm talking like those, but expanded.

I live in Houston, TX, and a little-known fact is that there's a series of underground tunnels connecting everything in downtown together. You can get from the bus station to the museum to the high-rise office buildings by just walking underneath the city, and there are even coffee shops, restaurants, and convenience stores down there. I wanna see a place in the Pokemon world that mimics that atmosphere. The Goldenrod underground from GSCHGSS was a good start, and the Under from Colosseum was a step in the right direction. I want to see essentially a huge underground city connecting several cities, perhaps as an alternative to going over a water route or desert above land.
What a great idea! I used to live in Houston, but moved when I was nine, so I never knew that. If it were to happen, I'd want maybe narrower passageways and dim lighting, to give it a more mysterious "underground" feeling.

Cloudfall
May 22nd, 2010, 10:35 PM
I hope the train tracks in Black and White serve a larger purpose than just being there and looking pretty. :S

For instance, I'd like to see an actual railway system connecting like, at least most of the cities in Isshu. Aside from being a new way to travel other than Fly, I hope GameFreak includes minigames/activities/daily events in the train itself - to act as an incentive for people to actually use the railway system... Something like S.S. Aqua? Also, I would be totally happy if they added a large city with a 'business-like' atmosphere with its main landmark being a skyscraper that would let the player go all the way up to the top floor for a bird's eye view of Isshu.

Yeah, I'm sort of hoping for a 'modernized' region for this game. :]

Ninja Caterpie
May 22nd, 2010, 11:14 PM
I hope the train tracks in Black and White serve a larger purpose than just being there and looking pretty. :S

For instance, I'd like to see an actual railway system connecting like, at least most of the cities in Isshu. Aside from being a new way to travel other than Fly, I hope GameFreak includes minigames/activities/daily events in the train itself - to act as an incentive for people to actually use the railway system... Something like S.S. Aqua? Also, I would be totally happy if they added a large city with a 'business-like' atmosphere with its main landmark being a skyscraper that would let the player go all the way up to the top floor for a bird's eye view of Isshu.

Yeah, I'm sort of hoping for a 'modernized' region for this game. :]

With the exception of the skyscraper (so far), Hiun City seems to fit that and more.

I'm hoping that there won't be too many "modernised" parts of Hiun. I prefer Pokemon where most of it is grass or mountain with a few towns in between. Cities - of course, they're a must. High tech ones too. I just hope they don't overdo it. D:

kriehn2
May 22nd, 2010, 11:34 PM
I would say that a good place would be a place such as Auckland, from New Zealand, because NZ is quite far away from other countries (3hr flight to our neighbours Australia!)

Cloudfall
May 22nd, 2010, 11:38 PM
With the exception of the skyscraper (so far), Hiun City seems to fit that and more.

I'm hoping that there won't be too many "modernised" parts of Hiun. I prefer Pokemon where most of it is grass or mountain with a few towns in between. Cities - of course, they're a must. High tech ones too. I just hope they don't overdo it. D:

Now that you've mentioned it... Yeah, it really does remind me of Hiun City. Lol.

The modernization could just be limited to one biiiig city though. I'd also like to see more natural greenery. :3

Kanto_Johto
May 23rd, 2010, 06:28 AM
Holy ****, Huin City looks ****ing amazing!

Something tells me this game will set itself apart from the others. Hopefully in a good way.

PiPVoda
May 23rd, 2010, 12:04 PM
Now that you've mentioned it... Yeah, it really does remind me of Hiun City. Lol.

The modernization could just be limited to one biiiig city though. I'd also like to see more natural greenery. :3

Yeah Hiun more than likely the most modernized city in Isshu. Though didn't they mention that Isshu overall would be the most advanced region to date? Then I guess Hiun would be like the hub of the smaller, technology advanced cities and of course the cities/towns on the countryside. Though from the looks of it, I'm hoping Hiun isn't too small. I mean it's the capital of Isshu, sort of like Jubilife for Sinnoh, yet Jubilife felt more like a mid-sized city than an actual large, modernized one. Lets hope Hiun doesn't take that path.

I would love it if it went from sophisticated cities with jaw-dropping skyscrapers to mountain towns, deserts, elevated-snow cities and large grasslands/forests.

Dragonika
May 27th, 2010, 11:22 AM
The forest looks enchanted or something lol,, which to me basically looks amazing and mythic maybe we will find a unicorn like pokemon in there?? who knows...

Also Hiun city has a huge harbor why would all them boats be there unless you need a specific boat to take you to a specific town/village/city :D

dieter57
May 27th, 2010, 01:34 PM
isshu looks amazing! but hiun looks a bit crowded...

Dr. Faustus
May 28th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Hiun City looks like it would be awesome, mostly because of the bridge. The cave looks pretty interesting, too.

Leonardo10
May 28th, 2010, 05:28 AM
The place looks amazing, and looks like it will be miles away. Maybe the same distance between Tokyo and New York? Cause you defo need a plane to get from one to the other. Maybe we can go on planes LOL! That would be so awesome.

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 11:08 AM
The place looks amazing, and looks like it will be miles away. Maybe the same distance between Tokyo and New York? Cause you defo need a plane to get from one to the other. Maybe we can go on planes LOL! That would be so awesome.

wonder how battling on a plane would come out :P. cuz I know for sure that sitting on a plane for like 13-18 hours (estimate of time from Tokyo to NYC) in b&w without a battle would be torture. assuming plane trips in the game are like 5 minutes equal to 10 hours of flight in the real-world..

shengar
May 28th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Wonder what kind of Gyms they have in Isshu region.....

Dragonika
June 9th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Hey guys i was woundering will the sky arrow bridge be to levels high or just 1 ?? leave your comment :D

PiPVoda
June 9th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Don't know, I imagine it will be higher up than that. Since 1) It is a bridge and 2) It's the Sky Arrow Bridge

pokejungle
June 11th, 2010, 02:16 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/29dk8bm.png (http://pokejungle.net)

Someone made that map from a different (non-pokemon) forum I go to. Even 2ch was speculating that this new region was based on it. Sooo... kind of a significant change, all the other regions have been based on Japan :o

ahaha you didn't expect the image to link to my site DID YOU?!

BleuVII
June 11th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Looks likely. I thought the same when I first saw the map. I personally don't mind at all.

Evilpkmn
June 11th, 2010, 03:26 PM
You may be right....
I guess that Isshu is based on New York.

DarKnighT_0_9
June 11th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Yeah it really does look like NYC. I used Photoshop and Google Maps. It's a little hard to see but look closely.

Kirbychu
June 11th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Buried Chinatown and a Ghetto?

This will be quite a memorable region.

dieter57
June 11th, 2010, 04:34 PM
I always post this for the people who never do enough research to realize it:

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs48/300W/f/2009/214/6/8/Pokemon_World_Map_by_Cadellin.png

South is of course Hoenn of a Southern, Tropical Climate.

The middle is Johto and Kanto, of a Temperate, Forested Climate.

And to the North is none other than the cold, snowy Sinnoh.

The dummies who think that Isshu is going to be somewhere else aren't even paying attention to the GIANT blank area in the direct middle.

^i wanted that to happen.^

22sa
June 11th, 2010, 04:37 PM
I would've preferred Hong Kong or China but New York is good too. From the looks of it it certain can't be any city in China. It matches New York definitely as far as I know.

Kinda disappointing it covers such a small area of USA, but the minute details that come from focusing on such a small area is exciting too!

Timbjerr
June 11th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Soo...Isshu's geography is based on the Hudson River Delta?

It'd be smaller physically than any other region, but it's definitely a lot more urbanized and populated. Sounds like fun. :D

Thunderhead
June 11th, 2010, 04:47 PM
My freind said that it was going to be based of the USA.

It really doesn't bother me if they based the map on the area.

Also, it can be anywhere they base it off, like Hong Kong or Tokyo. It really doesn't matter, and it shouldn't change opinions of the game.

(No one should have a set opinion on the game until they beat it!)

FieryGrave
June 11th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Interesting observation, I would be cool if it was.

BleuVII
June 11th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I had kind of hoped for a Shikoku-based map originally (Shikoku being the smallest of the 4 Japanese islands). That would have made it really easy to have Hoenn or Johto as playable areas too. But New York is a good choice. From what I have seen so far, Black/White seems to be almost a re-imagining of pokemon.

CuppaJoe
June 11th, 2010, 06:19 PM
I do not think it will be in New York. I have found a pretty good match while I was prowling around on Google Earth. I think Huin City is real life Vladivostok, Russia. If you cant find it, I posted some directions in the "what can you make out from Isshu" thread. The only thing that doesn't fit is that the bridge doesn't exist in real life. But neither does cycling road in Kanto... It was probably added because otherwise traveling around without fly would take forever.
There are mtns to the west of Vlad, a huge port city surrounded by two bays...

Also, I forget where, but someone associated with pokemon said you could get from Isshu to the other regions by boat, and a boat ride from NYC to Tokyo is quite a trip, even if you take the Panama Canal...

Anyways, what do you guys think?

pokejungle
June 11th, 2010, 07:36 PM
No... everything fits for new york. 2ch realized this as soon as the scans leaked.

Doxasikyrie
June 11th, 2010, 07:41 PM
No... everything fits for new york. 2ch realized this as soon as the scans leaked.

I suppose it's possible that it's New York, but I'm not entirely convinced yet. Once we see a clearer map (sans clouds) and/or more screenshots of various areas then we can be completely sure. Although your picture with possible sites is rather convincing.

Red1530
June 11th, 2010, 07:48 PM
I do not think it will be in New York. I have found a pretty good match while I was prowling around on Google Earth. I think Huin City is real life Vladivostok, Russia. If you cant find it, I posted some directions in the "what can you make out from Isshu" thread. The only thing that doesn't fit is that the bridge doesn't exist in real life. But neither does cycling road in Kanto... It was probably added because otherwise traveling around without fly would take forever.
There are mtns to the west of Vlad, a huge port city surrounded by two bays...

Also, I forget where, but someone associated with pokemon said you could get from Isshu to the other regions by boat, and a boat ride from NYC to Tokyo is quite a trip, even if you take the Panama Canal...

Anyways, what do you guys think?In my opinion Vladivostok (http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=43.130692,131.92383&z=12&t=h&hl=en) is not a good match to the Isshu (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/isshu.jpg). I posted (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5874106&postcount=369) in the main leaks thread a satellite view of NYC as compared to Isshu.

JakeClowd
June 11th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Someone made that map from a different (non-pokemon) forum I go to. Even 2ch was speculating that this new region was based on it. Sooo... kind of a significant change, all the other regions have been based on Japan :o

First of all, I'd like topoint out that Orre was based on the arizona desert.
Don't belive me? Just cheak the tip to the gulf of california on Google Maps.

Also, Nintendo did say that it was very far away from the other regions, that would imply the US all togather.
Since you can get to it from bouat, i'm thinking San Fransisco?
The lake in the middle wouldn't say that, But the island and briges are some good hints.

pokejungle
June 11th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Actually June CoroCoro said that it would be akin to taking a plane to Isshu from previous regions.

WarpstarX
June 11th, 2010, 08:11 PM
After looking at Isshu region map I googled New York and sond some of the images I found were really uncanny. It's just at a slightly different angle and a bit less detailed, Hiun city is based on Wall Street it seems... well by location anyway.

Rettan
June 11th, 2010, 09:56 PM
It is exactly the Manhattan Map
BEHOLD!
See?
http://www.newyorktours.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/manhattan-3d-map.jpg

560cool.
June 11th, 2010, 10:55 PM
It is exactly the Manhattan Map
BEHOLD!
See?
http://www.newyorktours.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/manhattan-3d-map.jpg

I see... Mountains to the west, park area north, bridge east ...
Yep I most definetly have no doubt about it : It's NYC people !
COme to think of it, NYC is big so Isshu wouldn't be such a small region after all ! :P

vibratingcat
June 11th, 2010, 11:54 PM
as long as americans dont get cocky about it, i dont mind.
@dieter57 no one in japan really care about that area. atleast all the stories i hear are from those regions that have already been done, other than shikoku, although its partly included. changing to a differant country wasnt a bad idea.

LethalTexture
June 12th, 2010, 12:07 AM

They will; it's inevitable. Not all, but some will.

Zeta Patchouli
June 12th, 2010, 12:25 AM
We will (Actually, I couldn't care less where it takes place. I never even mentioned, outside of right now, that I live in the desert that Orre was based off of, because it wasn't relevant) but other people will.

(Another reason I don't care is because I hate the east coast. It's too cold and moist there for me, and I'm always in a bad mood because of it, but I suppose that's what I get for living in a desert area.)

Miralci
June 12th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Cool, now I want the next game(s) to be based of (a country in) Europe. xD Or Africa!
In fact I don't really care what it's based of, but it's cool to see it like that (with the map of NYC over it, very nice!)

I really wonder how the Pokémon world would look like if they put it all together... (Yes I know there are fans who made maps like that, but I mean, they probably have some kind of Pokéglobe there at Game Freak's xD)

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
June 12th, 2010, 05:56 AM

I agree, but as Horizon said they will. America is the centre of the known universe, don'tchaknow. -.-

Ichikool
June 12th, 2010, 06:06 AM
I hate how everyone thinks of NYC when they think of New York...
There's LOTS more to New York than just NYC!

And who really knows? Isshu could be based off any city. What if it's Rocchester or Poughkeepsie or something? =D
The "ghetto" on the map = Poughkeepsie. xD

ShadowJJ
June 12th, 2010, 07:04 AM
I don't think it's based on New York, I'm sure it is based on the area around shanghai, look at google maps an zoom on shanghai: two rivers surrounding the city and the lake behind the city

Hiun City really looks like New York, but the Isshu like Shanghai

PiPVoda
June 12th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Isshu? No it's not based on New York, but Hiun City more than likely is. Still, the region will more than likely still have more influences from regions or prefectures in Japan than anything else.

Isshu will not be based of of New York, Hiun City more than likely will. I do think Isshu will have some influences from certain parts of the world, but more than likely it's definitely going to be more influenced from regions and prefectures in Japan than by....New York.

Soo...Isshu's geography is based on the Hudson River Delta?

It'd be smaller physically than any other region, but it's definitely a lot more urbanized and populated. Sounds like fun. :D

Is that even the real map of Isshu..or just fan made? Doesn't look real to me. Edit: Never mind...I just got on and didn't know about the leaks..I take back my words :D.

First of all, I'd like topoint out that Orre was based on the arizona desert.
Don't belive me? Just cheak the tip to the gulf of california on Google Maps.

Also, Nintendo did say that it was very far away from the other regions, that would imply the US all togather.
Since you can get to it from bouat, i'm thinking San Fransisco?
The lake in the middle wouldn't say that, But the island and briges are some good hints.

That doesn't mean that it will be in the US. You forget just because Hiun City has the huge skyline doesn't mean that it is automatically based off of New York (or NYC). Vancouver and Hong Kong could also have influenced it.

Very far away from Japan could mean anything, not just the US. Europe, Africa, Western Asia, South Asia, and South America.

@dieter57 no one in japan really care about that area. atleast all the stories i hear are from those regions that have already been done, other than shikoku, although its partly included. changing to a differant country wasnt a bad idea.

I don't see why anyone would feel special for having a pokemon game based off of their country or region. "Ohh look Isshu is based off of America"...."so who gives a f*ck it's just a pokemon game". I prefer if Isshu was based off of another region in Japan or East/Southeast Asia instead.

La Foudre
June 12th, 2010, 08:52 AM
As someone who lives in New York City; I giggled. That's actually really cool. I hope it's based off of the city.

Yamikarasu
June 12th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Yeah it really does look like NYC. I used Photoshop and Google Maps. It's a little hard to see but look closely.

I was ready to just say "nah, I doubt it," until I saw the picture you attached. Now I think that's a very likely possibility. We all knew they would run out of interesting Japanese geography eventually. :P

22sa
June 12th, 2010, 01:42 PM
But Shanghai's city centre Pudong was surrounded by a river not what seems to be a ocean here.... =/

lx_theo
June 12th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Out of everything, it does look like New York the most. I've looked at Shangai and the area in Russia, but New York is easily the closest looking shape wise.

kay3o
June 12th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Well ****,

I'm going to be really disappointed if this is really based of New York. It's a Pokemon game, they've always been set somewhere in Japan, not America.

And I really hope this isn't the beginning to Americanise the game..

June 12th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Well ****,

I'm going to be really disappointed if this is really based of New York. It's a Pokemon game, they've always been set somewhere in Japan, not America.

And I really hope this isn't the beginning to Americanise the game..
I sure hope not I might be American but I still like the culture to be from else where!

flight
June 12th, 2010, 06:10 PM
I, for one, am for innovation and originality. So if it's based off of a major U.S city, then so be it, it would make things far more interesting and fun that way then to be linear and make the plot take place in another area of Japan. D:

Angelroid
June 12th, 2010, 06:32 PM
It could be base off anywhere in the world.

Ravecat
June 12th, 2010, 06:40 PM
I wouldn't mind this game being set in America, especially since it already seems very interesting.
(Honeycomb Dungeon, anyone?)

But I don't want this to become a trend. If it's not going to be set in Japan it should be set somewhere completely different every time, not just America.

tylerab01
June 12th, 2010, 06:57 PM
The isshu is actually the Tokyo Region

Fli
June 12th, 2010, 07:28 PM
After looking at the pictures on here and all, I must agree that it looks a lot like the Manhattan area. I guess I'm both excited and a little disappointed. I wanted the region to remain in Japan, but it is nice that the pokemon world is expanding. At least now I get to take a pretend trip to New York.

Yep. Us cocky Americans. We're gonna make sure everybody knows that we gots a pokemon game region from our country.
Some people will get cocky about that fact, but I don't think too many people will because 1. there aren't that many people who play or play and tell other people (at least where I live) and 2. Those people that do announce it aren't smart enough or don't care about where the region is so they won't know. I think the only time I would be even somewhat cocky is if the region was set right where I live (aka my house/yard would be in the region).

I hate how everyone thinks of NYC when they think of New York...
There's LOTS more to New York than just NYC!
Sorry about that; I've never been to New York and have never really looked at it's cities on a map. But to be fair, what do you think of when you hear Georgia? Atlanta maybe (or Savannah sometimes). I think Fayetteville, Peachtree City, Brooks (aka home). We're not trying to ignore the rest of New York; we just don't know it.

Red1530
June 12th, 2010, 07:29 PM
The isshu is actually the Tokyo RegionTokyo (http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=35.584547,139.91005&z=10&t=h&hl=en) dose not look like Isshu. The region around Tokyo was the inspiration of the Kanto region.

LethalTexture
June 12th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Tokyo (http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=35.584547,139.91005&z=10&t=h&hl=en) dose not look like Isshu. The region around Tokyo was the inspiration of the Kanto region.

I believe Saffron City was based on Tokyo itself, too.

Serene Grace
June 12th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Yeah Saffron City was based on Tokyo. At least, that's what I've heard.

Anyway, if Isshu was based on New York then that would make it extremley small and compact for a whole region. Maybe different parts are based from different cities in America?

Also, when are they gonna make a region based on England D:

DEZTROYA
June 12th, 2010, 11:47 PM
I like the idea that it would be Japan is honoring the american players with a US region :) but it could just be out overactive hopes and dreams

tenmashiro
June 12th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Can this be another possiblity of region location?
This is the northern part of Honshu island in Japan. Turn the picture 180deg and you can see three peninsulas. And the locations of the lakes are similars to the Isshu's lake-like locations.

MistahDude
June 22nd, 2010, 02:36 PM
I like the idea that it would be Japan is honoring the american players with a US region :) but it could just be out overactive hopes and dreams

IT would make sense because America is their largest foreign audience.

Silver25
June 22nd, 2010, 03:51 PM
I don't think it is based off New York. I admit it is a sound argument but after looking at Google Earth the only resemblance to Isshu I see is the city. At the moment I am leaning towards Yantai. Look up the Port of Yantai on Google Earth on the Bohai Sea in the vicinity of Yantai, Shandong, People's Republic of China. I am looking at it from the West towards the East. Although I am not completely convinced, it is a possibility... thoughts?

Reshiram Man
June 22nd, 2010, 05:29 PM
it needs to be really big

AceDragonite
June 22nd, 2010, 08:59 PM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/7e/BW_Prerelease_Cave.png
The protagonist in a cave

he's in a cave, no way! I never would have guessed?

anyway, look in the upper left hand corner, ppl
you'll see a castle. I also like how the place in the center is shaped like a Poke ball, maybe its where the league is, (that would be cool)

Swolligator
June 22nd, 2010, 09:02 PM
Can this be another possiblity of region location?
This is the northern part of Honshu island in Japan. Turn the picture 180deg and you can see three peninsulas. And the locations of the lakes are similars to the Isshu's lake-like locations.

Corocoro stated that Isshu is far away from all previous regions, the Aomori region you have shown is just beneath Hokkaido (Sinnoh)

Sage Harpuia
June 23rd, 2010, 07:57 AM
According to serebii.net a new wider isshu map has been relased:

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/isshubig.jpg
Number 1....is missing LOL
Number 2 should be the moving bridge showed in the last corocoro&psunday
Number 3 is a park(yeah) and the route that connect it to the desert was showed here (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/femalecity.jpg)
Number 4 is the desert (?) whit a city inside?
Number 5 is an airport if I'm not blind(sky theories+1)
Number 6 rins? Windmills?
Number 7 city with tower?
Number 8 rins, I guess
Number 9 a central lake
Number 10 another city
Number 11 the starting town
Number 12 Sky arrow bridge, I think
Number 13 Hiun city (obviusly)

Cheesymitten
June 23rd, 2010, 08:35 AM
According to serebii.net a new wider isshu map has been relased:

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/isshubig.jpg
Number 1....is missing LOL
Number 2 should be the moving bridge showed in the last corocoro&psunday
Number 3 is a park(yeah) and the route that connect it to the desert was showed here (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/femalecity.jpg)
Number 4 is the desert (?) whit a city inside?
Number 5 is an airport if I'm not blind(sky theories+1)
Number 6 rins? Windmills?
Number 7 city with tower?
Number 8 rins, I guess
Number 9 a central lake
Number 10 another city
Number 11 the starting town
Number 12 Sky arrow bridge, I think
Number 13 Hiun city (obviusly)

I'd like to point out number 1 is in the top left hand corner with that kind of parachute looking building as I've seen the original picture

LegendaryPichu
June 23rd, 2010, 08:55 AM
According to the full scan, Number 1 is the Honey Gym that we saw in Pokemon Sunday.

DemonPikachu
June 23rd, 2010, 09:00 AM
I cant wait for it pokabu pwns

MistahDude
June 23rd, 2010, 09:04 AM
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/isshubig.jpg

Are they numbered in order of when you get there?

There is an Airport, which makes me think we will be flying to another region.

Sage Harpuia
June 23rd, 2010, 09:04 AM
I'd like to point out number 1 is in the top left hand corner with that kind of parachute looking building as I've seen the original picture

According to the full scan, Number 1 is the Honey Gym that we saw in Pokemon Sunday.

Wow, intresting, so there is another city over there; where my other guess right or wrong?

D. Lawride
June 23rd, 2010, 09:09 AM
Hm, I'd say we'll have some more freedom in exploring the region, judging from the aspect of places like the desert and the middle peninsula. As in, we won't be as limited by trees and mountains.

...I dunno, just a guess. xD

LegendaryPichu
June 23rd, 2010, 09:11 AM
Let me give you the real full scan of the page. Detailing all areas.
As you can see, Number 1 (parachute area) is the new Gym surprisingly.http://heath.shikokusensei.com/rpgland/scans/june23rpgscans04.jpg

MistahDude
June 23rd, 2010, 09:11 AM
Wow, intresting, so there is another city over there; where my other guess right or wrong?

The desert city is proly where the second gym leader is. All of the battles they showed in the desert the starter was around 15-22.

Let me give you the real full scan of the page. Detailing all areas. http://heath.shikokusensei.com/rpgland/scans/june23rpgscans04.jpg

11 is the starter town! So 10 is around the first gym, you go to Hiun and then you go north for the second gym town in the desert. Neato!

7 looks like it would be where you fight Zekrom or Reshiram. I find it weird that there are two mountain/caves of the same color and shape on opposite sides of each other.

The Carnival is probably the Battle Frontier or Pokethalon.

Since the Honeycomb gym is so far away I doubt it will be an early gym. I really don't see why you would have to travel from one corner of the region to the other for the first gym. Its probably the 7-8th.

7, the possible Legendary pokemon towers, seem to be connected to 8.

I thought we already saw a scan with the trainer running through an old town with a railroad track.
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/femaletrain.png

The train track town looks like it would be 6, or around it.

The island left of 11 looks like it has a house on it. We might get to visit those islands.

Erick
June 23rd, 2010, 09:20 AM
Now I'm officially wet for this game.

The Doctor
June 23rd, 2010, 09:26 AM
http://heath.shikokusensei.com/rpgland/scans/june23rpgscans04.jpg

In Japanese it gives names of every place. I cant translate sorry

Red1530
June 23rd, 2010, 11:10 AM
The map of the Isshu region is excellent. Assuming that the region is based on New York City, then the windmills might be a nod the Dutch founding of the city.

Silver25
June 23rd, 2010, 11:23 AM
Man, they really upped their game regarding the gyms. Can't wait!

Xebelleon
June 23rd, 2010, 01:49 PM
The Isshu map fills me with Naruto bubbles for some reason...

Silver25
June 23rd, 2010, 02:03 PM
The more I think about, Isshu may be based off of not just New York but the entire US. There are some similarities and would explain why nobody has found a match (besides NYC) for the real world. To me it doesn't look as "natural" as previous regions do, more of like a conglomerate. My 2 cents...

zirico
June 23rd, 2010, 02:09 PM
I hope we can find Trapinsh in the desert :D

Esper
June 23rd, 2010, 05:58 PM
In Japanese it gives names of every place. I cant translate sorry
Not really. Except for the areas whose names we already know like Hiun City they only say things like: "5. Airport?" and "7. Two-tone Color Town" and go on to describe what you can already see from the map.

Owl
June 30th, 2010, 06:07 AM
It looks pretty cool, I like the looks of Hiun City.

thewinna
July 2nd, 2010, 09:47 PM
THE pokemon company (game freak) said that the isshu region is going to be very far away from the other reagions. All of the regions have been based on japan then wher will isshu be?
http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs38/f/2008/355/0/9/Pokemon_World_Map_by_Cadellin.png
(map of reagions)
http://heath.shikokusensei.com/rpgland/scans/june23rpgscans05.jpg
ishuu map

MistahDude
July 2nd, 2010, 10:40 PM
THE pokemon company (game freak) said that the isshu region is going to be very far away from the other reagions. All of the regions have been based on japan then wher will isshu be?
http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs38/f/2008/355/0/9/Pokemon_World_Map_by_Cadellin.png

map of reagions:

http://heath.shikokusensei.com/rpgland/scans/june23rpgscans05.jpg

ishuu map:

Many people think it is somewhere in America.

Timbjerr
July 2nd, 2010, 10:50 PM
People theorize that it is the Hudson River Delta region of Northeastern United States.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/maps/north-america/usa/new-york-city/map_of_new-york-city.jpg

Volroc
July 3rd, 2010, 12:25 AM
its not a theory its proven

its NYC ^_^

Migueliscool
July 3rd, 2010, 12:28 AM
It wouldn't be the first time I've heard it is in NYC

MartinJF
July 3rd, 2010, 03:54 AM
Its not proven yet... It dont look good, but I really dont Think its NY...

MegaKuriboh
July 3rd, 2010, 01:19 PM
I'm lovin the region so far. Huin city is amazing! Apperantly it's this region's jubilife or Veilstone city

Turnabout
July 3rd, 2010, 02:35 PM
The region looks gorgeous, loving all the bridges, it makes me excited C:

However, everyone claiming that it's NYC/America is a bit too assuming, there could be a lot of aspects or traits of those places but pokemon regions tend to combine a lot of various places together to make a region.

However, it certainly looks more western, so it's very likely that lots of inspiration was taken from america/large cities, which is a nice change :>

IcyIce
July 3rd, 2010, 04:26 PM
Huin means Disaster according to a Japan Word Dictionary at least that is what some said.

Astinus
July 3rd, 2010, 07:54 PM
All of the regions have been based on japan
Except for that wonderful region known as Orre, which has it's origins based somewhat on Arizona, USA. That's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

The more I think about, Isshu may be based off of not just New York but the entire US.
+1

I thought that too when I saw Isshu. There's a lot in this region that could show that it's based off more than one city. I've seen comparisons that show Hiun City compared to NYC; and the mountains on the west and east remind me of the Rockies and Appalachians respectively, the deserts remind me of the Southwest, the southeast peninsula reminds me of Florida. It's just all there, and positioned that it seems more than just a coincidence.

Silver25
July 3rd, 2010, 08:45 PM
I thought that too when I saw Isshu. There's a lot in this region that could show that it's based off more than one city. I've seen comparisons that show Hiun City compared to NYC; and the mountains on the west and east remind me of the Rockies and Appalachians respectively, the deserts remind me of the Southwest, the southeast peninsula reminds me of Florida. It's just all there, and positioned that it seems more than just a coincidence.

I think the mountains are what convince me that it is based off the entire US. Exactly like you said, the Rockies and Appalachians. I can see why a lot of people think that it is based entirely off NYC but if it were then those mountains and desert would not be there. In my mind I think it is shaped like NYC because around the world it is widely considered to be the "heart" or "main hub" of the US hence why there is so much emphasis on Hiun City and the shape of Isshu.

2dragonmager
July 3rd, 2010, 11:48 PM
Isshu is the only main series game region not to have an "O" sound in its name
To get more info on Black and White go to bulbapedia.

PiPVoda
July 4th, 2010, 01:10 PM
I think the mountains are what convince me that it is based off the entire US. Exactly like you said, the Rockies and Appalachians. I can see why a lot of people think that it is based entirely off NYC but if it were then those mountains and desert would not be there. In my mind I think it is shaped like NYC because around the world it is widely considered to be the "heart" or "main hub" of the US hence why there is so much emphasis on Hiun City and the shape of Isshu.
I'd say the mountains are based just off of the Rockies. Haven't been to appalachians but I have lived at the base of the Rockies and they're pounded by snow in the winter :D.

I agree, it's probably based off of all of the US, but looks like NYc b/c of the shape of the region in comparison to NY's boroughs.
Desert = Arizona
Mountains = Rockies
Hiun = NYC

Hibaru
July 4th, 2010, 10:09 PM
When looking into all over Region of Isshu, It seems we're gonna have a big long Adventure on it. I mean its the biggest Region ever in generations. Great then!

MistahDude
July 4th, 2010, 11:02 PM
I'd say the mountains are based just off of the Rockies. Haven't been to appalachians but I have lived at the base of the Rockies and they're pounded by snow in the winter :D.

I agree, it's probably based off of all of the US, but looks like NYc b/c of the shape of the region in comparison to NY's boroughs.
Desert = Arizona
Mountains = Rockies
Hiun = NYC

If that were true that would mean I would live in that windmill town because I live in Idaho.

Astinus
July 5th, 2010, 11:26 AM
If that were true that would mean I would live in that windmill town because I live in Idaho.
And New York City is now in Texas.

It's not an exact replica of the United States, but it's pretty darn close. A lot of recognizable features are there. They're just switched around to fit the possible connection to the Hudson River Delta Timbjerr posted.

@PiPVoda: All mountains have snow on top of them. It's the elevation that causes it. The Appalachian Mountains also have snow on them, only not as much because they aren't as high (there's a difference of at least 8000 feet between the highest Appalachian mountain and the highest Rocky mountain). It's just that the Appalachian Mountains are more known for being green, while the Rockies are more known for the snow.

So, hey, maybe both Isshu ranges are based on only one of America's.

It would be awesome to travel through a mountain but not have to deal with caves and/or snow.

IcyIce
July 5th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I am not sur e if that is all the map yet still. As I look at the newer map. It looks like there is more to the north.

MistahDude
July 5th, 2010, 02:07 PM

It's not an exact replica of the United States, but it's pretty darn close. A lot of recognizable features are there. They're just switched around to fit the possible connection to the Hudson River Delta Timbjerr posted.

@PiPVoda: All mountains have snow on top of them. It's the elevation that causes it. The Appalachian Mountains also have snow on them, only not as much because they aren't as high (there's a difference of at least 8000 feet between the highest Appalachian mountain and the highest Rocky mountain). It's just that the Appalachian Mountains are more known for being green, while the Rockies are more known for the snow.

It would be awesome to travel through a mountain but not have to deal with caves and/or snow.

They have never made exact replicas. They take certain features from some where in the world and twist them to make the region.

Astinus
July 5th, 2010, 08:38 PM
They have never made exact replicas. They take certain features from some where in the world and twist them to make the region.
Which I said: "It's not an exact replica of the United States." I was simply pointing out that it's weird to think that just because something like the windmill town is north of the western mountain range that it automatically equals Idaho. Especially when Huin City is not north of the eastern mountain range, which it would be if Isshu was an exact replica. But it's not. Which I said in the line "New York City is now in Texas."

Isshu region is based on the United States, but it's not exact.

Calder
July 5th, 2010, 08:55 PM

Texas isn't just a big desert btw but w.e. I think it is based off hot spots of USA maybe each new Generation will be hot spots of another country each time...

Astinus
July 5th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Texas isn't just a big desert btw
The location, though, is where it is. Middle of the region, at the farthest south. I was mainly pointing out locations in my posts, since I do quite well know what America looks like. Like how the southeastern peninsula reminds me of Florida, but Florida isn't just one big forest. Or Cheney Reservoir isn't in the shape of a giant Pokeball, but the location is darn close.

But yeah, they do take features of the base region and twist them around, like Mt. Aso and Mt. Chimney, or Nara and Violet City. Famous features of the base region are there, but twisted around and not exact.

And on rereading my posts, I never said that Texas is all desert. I said that the southwest is "known" as a desert, which is true (Death Valley's sand dunes comes to mind).

Calder
July 5th, 2010, 10:52 PM
The location, though, is where it is. Middle of the region, at the farthest south. I was mainly pointing out locations in my posts, since I do quite well know what America looks like. Like how the southeastern peninsula reminds me of Florida, but Florida isn't just one big forest. Or Cheney Reservoir isn't in the shape of a giant Pokeball, but the location is darn close.

But yeah, they do take features of the base region and twist them around, like Mt. Aso and Mt. Chimney, or Nara and Violet City. Famous features of the base region are there, but twisted around and not exact.

And on rereading my posts, I never said that Texas is all desert. I said that the southwest is "known" as a desert, which is true (Death Valley's sand dunes comes to mind).

Yes but alot of people that said that are unaware of Texas, my birthplace, not being just desert and cowboys... like some idiots believe... So anytime Texas and desert are together I have to say this...

solastalgia
July 5th, 2010, 11:14 PM
It'd be awesome if after beating the Elite Four you hopped on an airplane and flew to another region. *___* So modern!

Silver25
July 5th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Since we saw the rollercoaster gym, I'm actually thinking the airplane might take you to a new Battle Frontier among some other places (because if that rollercoaster gym is near the ferris wheel then chances are that is not the Battle Frontier). Probably will not be taking us to another region though...

MartinJF
July 6th, 2010, 02:42 AM
Still Think they should add a scandinavia region... The closest thing they have been is to base that city in Giratina and the Sky warrior of the Norwegian city Geiranger...

There is so much that could be added there...

Nashton
July 10th, 2010, 06:02 PM
i know kanto jhoto etc... are a part of the islands of japan.

so where is this new region? any idea?

but some reason i think is based in the US

WarpstarX
July 10th, 2010, 06:07 PM
New York :Manhattan area look it up and compare it to the Isshu region map.

PiPVoda
July 10th, 2010, 06:09 PM
People are saying NY, it could be and more than likely is, but I for one am not going to 100% say it is.

Nashton
July 10th, 2010, 06:09 PM
so its like the islands of new york?

PiPVoda
July 10th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Yes it could be, but again I'm not saying it surely is. The only thing that makes it look 'Manhattan-like is Hiun City, which is at the very most southern tip of the region. The rest of the region looks nothing like NYC other than the shape of the two other landforms, and of course the one Hiun is located on.

I'd rather say it has influences from NYC than flat-out say it's in NYC because it has many features to it not found in NYC.

WarpstarX
July 10th, 2010, 06:23 PM
No I mean if you actually look the Manhattan AREA (like everything within a 30 mile radius of it ) it looks like the Isshu region. http://www.newyorktours.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/manhattan-3d-map.jpg That's not the best angle though.

PiPVoda
July 10th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Since we saw the rollercoaster gym, I'm actually thinking the airplane might take you to a new Battle Frontier among some other places (because if that rollercoaster gym is near the ferris wheel then chances are that is not the Battle Frontier). Probably will not be taking us to another region though...

Maybe that is how we get to the upper-corners of the region.

IcyIce
July 10th, 2010, 06:59 PM
I was looking and the lighthouse to the west could have been based off Statue of Liberty.

July 10th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Maybe that is how we get to the upper-corners of the region.This is true...are their even any roads that connect to those upper corner parts?

Silver25
July 10th, 2010, 08:29 PM
I did some searching about the Isshu region and other theories on various sites. One that I found did sound pretty good and I have slated it as one of the possible areas on my list. It may not look exactly like Isshu but it does have some notable features.

This is the post I found (I DID NOT WRITE THIS AND DO NOT CLAIM IT AS MY OWN) and although it is pretty lengthy, it's pretty good.

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/isshubig.jpg

It would follow Gen III in the fashion that Hoenn is based on the Kyuushuu-Okinawa region.

Talking about the geographical data of Japan, Chuugoku-Shikoku is a little bigger in area, but a little less populated than Kyuushuu. And it's a lot smaller in area, but a lot more more populated than Hokkaidou (which Sinnoh is based on).

Here is how it would fit:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ja/a/ad/ChugokuShikoku-region_Small.png
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a2/Pokemonworld.png
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g255/sfirah/chuushikoku.png

The Chuugoku region is often separated this way, in a reference of the Yin/Yang:

The San'in region, the northern or shady side of the Chuugoku mountain range. It consists of the Shimane, Tottori and the north part of Yamaguchi prefectures.

The San'yo region, the southern and sunny side of the mountains. It consists of Okayama, Hiroshima and Yamaguchi prefectures.

The Yin/Yang itself could be a possible reference of the Black & White of the game titles, as it represents a balance between seemingly contrary forces and describes how they are interconnected and interdependent in the natural world, and how they give rise to each other in turn. It's NOT a good vs evil conflict. And it's represented by this symbol, the Taijitu:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7c/Yin_and_Yang.svg/220px-Yin_and_Yang.svg.png

There’s a screen in which we can see a two-tiered bridge. There is a very famous two-tiered bridge in the Chuugoku-Shikoku region, the Seto Bridge, that is 13.1km (or 8.1 miles) long:

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/bridge.png
http://pokebeach.com/content/games/black-white/prerelease/0510/black-white-screenshot-9.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b7/GreatSetoBridge2.jpg

CHUUGOKU

--Shimane Prefecture--
Home of the Izumo-taisha in Izumo, near the capital Matsue. It is one of the most ancient and important shrines (considered to be the 2nd most important) in Japan and where Amaterasu, the goddess of the sun and one of the principal Shinto deities, is enshrined.

Susanoo, the god of sea and storms, the brother of Amaterasu who slayed the dragon Yamato no Orochi in japanese mithology, is also enshrined close to Matsue, in Yakumo.

The capital, Matsue, sits between Lake Shinji (which curiously is the name of Lake Verity in the japanese version) and Nakaumi - a salt water lake with a volcanic island, the Daikon Island, with lave tubes - along the banks of the Ohashi river connecting the two. Due to the prominence of the lakes, the river and canals in the city-scape and scenery it is sometimes called the "water city".

In the city of Ota, there was the Iwami Ginzan, a silver mine, and nowadays it’s a World Heritage Site.

There is also an archipelago on the coast of Shimane called the Oki Islands.

My thoughts:

A big and important shrine should obviously be on the game and maybe using the mythology of Amaterasu or Susanoo and Orochi as a part of the game.

I’d like to see some sort of Orochi legendary. Maybe a Psychic-type Gym could fit the city, as of the importance of the Shinto shrines in this area.
The silver mine could be used as a mine/cave dungeon.

--Tottori Prefecture--

Near Tottori city, capital of the prefecture, there are the Tottori Sand Dunes, considered to be the only desert in Japan. The prefecture coast is famous for the bluefin tuna. Also, the highest mountain in Chuugoku is in this prefecture, the Daisen, which is a volcanic mountain.

Bordering the prefecture and the second highest of the Chuugoku Mountains is the Mount Hyono (which means literally Ice Mountain).

My thoughts:

A desert area near a city with a Ground-type Gym.

The Daisen could be the Victory Road, while Mount Hyono could be an Ice-type cave.

--Yamaguchi Prefecture--

It is home to the Akiyoshi Plateau, where you can find the Akiyoshi Cave, a wide, spacious and full of passages. A common visiting place.

In Iwakuni city, there's a beautiful bridge with five linked wooden arches leading to a castle. Kintai Bridge is one of the Japan's three famous bridges.

The immediate surroundings are noted for their cherry blossom and it's one of the most popular tourist destinations in Japan.

North of Yamaguchi prefecture, on the Japan Sea, stands Oumijima, known as the Sea Alps, as there are sharp stone columns thrusting out of the ocean and sheer cliffs with ocean caves.

The Yamaguchi prefecture is really close to the Kyuushuu region (Hoenn’s real world counterpart) and it is only separated by a stretch of water called the Kanmon Straits. On the Chuugoku side of the straits is the city of Shimonoseki.

Accessible via ferry from Shimonoseki stands Ganryuujima, an island famous for the duel between Miyamoto Musashi and Sasaki Kojirou (the samurai that the Japanese names of Jessie and James – Musashi and Kojirou – are based on).

My thoughts:

The Akiyoshi plateau is a possible place for a Safari Zone in a game. And there should be a cave area.

A city based on Shimonoseki, with a tall tower or lighthouse, could lead on lots of connections with Hoenn and possibly hint at a future remake of Gen III games.

--Hiroshima Prefecture--

Hiroshima city is the capital of the prefecture. A world famous city for being the target of the first atomic bomb during World War II. It's a metropolis, quickly and strongly rebuilt after the bomb incident, but also has museums and ruins, like the Genbaku Dome in the Peace Memorial Park, left to show the scars of the past.

The city is often linked with the Yakuza (Japanese mafia), thanks to many famous yakuza movies taking place in Hiroshima.

The Itsukushima shrine on the island of Miyajima stands in the Inland Sea, really close to Hiroshima, and the tides makes it looks like it’s floating sometimes.

My thoughts:

Hiroshima is a very likely candidate for being the city represented in the screen with the big city surrounded with water.

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/city.png
http://pokebeach.com/content/games/black-white/prerelease/0510/hiun-city.jpg
http://www.hcvb.city.hiroshima.jp/e_navigator/podcast/data/006.jpg

The historic ruins in Hiroshima could be a place where you find Ghost Pokémon. Also, as it is as big city and often linked to the yakuza, so it’s a good guess for the headquarters of the evil team, or even to have the awaited Dark-type Gym.

There should be an area based on Miyajima, with Stantler in it, as there are lots of deers roaming freely through the island.

--Okayama Prefecture--

The capital of the Okayama prefecture is Okayama city, linked through the Marine Liner, the train that rides on the Seto Bridge aforementioned, to Takamatsu, the capital of Kagawa, in Shikoku.

It's famous as the setting of the japanese fable Momotarou, about a boy that appeared from within a peach and later would befriend a dog, a pheasant and a monkey on a quest to the Oni (demon/ogre) island. This island is associated with Megijima, an Inland Sea island near Takamatsu. The caves at the top of the island is said to be where the Oni lived.

My thoughts:

I could see some Pecha Berry trees around here.

The Seto Bridge linking the two landmasses could be a Cycling Road or something similar.

I think it is an interesting idea to have a Fire-type Gym, with a gym leader with a name like Momoko/Momoka (as momo is peach in Japanese) having a Torchic, Monferno and Houndoom (to reference the Pheasant, Monkey and Dog from the fable).

SHIKOKU

--Kagawa Prefecture--

The capital, Takamatsu, is the one mentioned above. It is where one of the most famous and most beautiful historical parks in Japan can be found, the Ritsurin Park.

My thoughts:

As for the island near Takamatsu mentioned before, there could be a cave and maybe some event in which you should take 3 specific Pokémon in your party. Could that be the use for the shiny beasts from Movie 13?

The park could be the forest you run into early in the game.

--Ehime Prefecture--

Famous for its citric fruits and responsible for a substantial fraction of Shikoku's electricity, specially from Ikata's nuclear power plant and wind farms.

The capital, Matsuyama, is famous for the hot springs, of which there is the Dogo Onsen, the oldest hot spring bath house in Japan.

My thoughts:

A city with a nearby power plant filled with Electric-type Pokémon.

--Kochi Prefecture--

The prefecture has a generally small commercial scale and its industries are generally based upon utilizing the natural resources found within the prefecture.

Sakamoto Ryoma is a really famous samurai born in Kochi and was a leader of the movement to overthrow the Tokugawa shogunate during the Bakumatsu period in Japan. A Meiji Restoration hero.

On the coast village of Usa, in Kosa, stands the world famous Usa Marine Biological Institute, one of the oldest and largest marine biology research centers in Japan.

My thoughts:

The starting town could be around here on the southern tip of the region, being the home of the protagonist and the professor ‘s lab.

--Tokushima Prefecture--

The Iya Valley is a scenic area known for its dramatic mountain valleys and old vine bridges. There lies the second-highest peak on Shikoku, the Mount Tsurugi.

My thoughts:

Cianwood City in Johto is based on Naruto, a city on the northeastern tip of Shikoku that is part of the Tokushima prefecture.

So, this is how I picture the region. Remember, this is SPECULATION:
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g255/sfirah/BW_region.png

And on another note, those two mountains on both sides of Isshu where some thought that the Reshiram and Zekrom were to be captured:

http://pokebeach.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/reshiram-zekrom-anime.jpg

Although they are naturally two close, those rock formations Reshiram and Zekrom are standing on could SYMBOLIZE those mountains. Just a thought...

I'm still holding onto my Isshu=US Conglomerate theory but I like this too.

And yeah, I know it was a long post :D

Zet
July 10th, 2010, 10:31 PM
herp a derp guys. Seriously, there are lots of places that have large buildings, a bridge and a desert so it's not America because America is great. America isn't the most technological advanced place, South Korea is, so I guess America is now out of the picture.

Swolligator
July 11th, 2010, 03:09 AM
^^I like this idea, it is very thoughtout however people complain that it cant be because:
"Isshu is supposidly futher from the other regions that they are from themselves."
This gives supporting laim that it in fact could be somewhere outaside of Japan however what these people fail to realize is that whilst the pokemon world is based on Japan (so far), they think that the regions are set out like that.
Since there is no official map of the pokemon world, it is safe to say that whilst the Isshu region can be based on Chuugoku and Shikoku, it may not be located where the other regions are. Such as, Hoenn could be directly south of Jhoto/Kanto and Sinnoh directly north. and Isshu could be out east or west.

Edit:
The pokemon world might not quite resemble how our world looks.

fireyboy345
July 11th, 2010, 03:40 AM
i like the Chuugoku theory soooo much. If you look at it the ports could head off to hoenn and the top of the region could somehow be related to johto, geologically off course. This wouldn't be in the game but it could start to complete our pokemon world map. Plus i was getting sick of everyone saying its NYC. It would be so stupid to base a whole region of off a city and it's suburbs. Besides you guys i can think of plenty of high tech cities other than NYC.

Calder
July 11th, 2010, 04:02 AM
herp a derp guys. Seriously, there are lots of places that have large buildings, a bridge and a desert so it's not America because America is great. America isn't the most technological advanced place, South Korea is, so I guess America is now out of the picture.

Kill the terrorist and his awesome games!!

When did we state that Isshu had to be America because of technological advancements....

We said it looked like America because well they almost all look exactly like something near New York... Desert and Mountains are off but yeah...

Azure-Supernova
July 11th, 2010, 04:46 AM

When did we state that Isshu had to be America because of technological advancements....

We said it looked like America because well they almost all look exactly like something near New York... Desert and Mountains are off but yeah...

But like a couple posters' have mentioned, there are a few big cities with sky scrapers, bridges etc. It's probably a safe bet to say it draws inspiration from NYC (heaven knows why though) but truth be told... could be a number of places.

I particularly like Silver25's theory more anyways.

Pandemonioum
July 11th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Well Hiun city certainly looks a lot like New York, Sky Arrow Bridge is based on Golden Gate. The desert behind the Hiun is based on desert of Mojave, and behind it there is the carnival like place that is based on Las Vegas. Isshu is so based on North America.

Weavile05
July 11th, 2010, 11:23 AM
I would like to see a way to catch every pokemon in the game without gameboy games. That really gets on my nerves in platinum when I can't get a certain pokemon cuz I don't have any gameboy pokemon games except for 1 (sapphire) that only has 4 (soon to get 5th) badges on it.

July 11th, 2010, 03:26 PM
herp a derp guys. Seriously, there are lots of places that have large buildings, a bridge and a desert so it's not America because America is great. America isn't the most technological advanced place, South Korea is, so I guess America is now out of the picture.That is so true about America :P It really isn't the most Technological place in the world it really is South Korea, they have robots and other cool gadgets that make the Us look like the bronze age against the Iron age...

PiPVoda
July 11th, 2010, 09:41 PM
I would like to see a way to catch every pokemon in the game without gameboy games. That really gets on my nerves in platinum when I can't get a certain pokemon cuz I don't have any gameboy pokemon games except for 1 (sapphire) that only has 4 (soon to get 5th) badges on it.

Isshu safari zone should be bigger than the safaris we've had in previous gens, and include more pokemon from other regions. I sort of hated DPPt's and HGSS's and Emerald's were my favorite.

I would love it if we could catch every pokemon in hte game without needing GB games, but it probably won't be till RS remakes when every pokemon is available and doesn't require migration from GBA games. Isshu to me seems like it will be more along the lines of Hoenn of having fewer pokemon from outside of the region in the game, and much more introduced to fill the gap.

July 11th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Isshu safari zone should be bigger than the safaris we've had in previous gens, and include more pokemon from other regions. I sort of hated DPPt's and HGSS's and Emerald's were my favorite.

I would love it if we could catch every pokemon in hte game without needing GB games, but it probably won't be till RS remakes when every pokemon is available and doesn't require migration from GBA games. Isshu to me seems like it will be more along the lines of Hoenn of having fewer pokemon from outside of the region in the game, and much more introduced to fill the gap.
Yeah all odd gens seem to do that :P

Zet
July 13th, 2010, 01:44 AM

If any place is a terrorist country, it is definitely America.

Basing it off an American city would be stupid considering the fact that there is pretty much 9000 other places that have a city, a desert and mountains near by.

Guillermo
July 13th, 2010, 01:50 AM
By golly, I sure hope it isn't in Korea or Kim Jon-il is going to kill us all.

IcyIce
July 13th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Ok guys,I know it is suppose to be further away from the other regions,but I think it is still based of Japan. The northern tip of main part of Japan. I just looked at a pic and made it bigger,but not big enough for yall to see. almost in the middle there is a circle that matches our circle on our map.

I know people are saying it is new york,but I just thought Id tell you all

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa278/iceman3317/japan.jpg http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa278/iceman3317/isshubig.jpg

They can always add the rivers and missing lakes.

rocky505
July 13th, 2010, 04:13 AM
If you are talking about this part then you are way wrong because this one has already been used.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc93/adamw4114/japan3.gif

IcyIce
July 13th, 2010, 04:16 AM
No. Look at the post before. I know that is Sinnoh you circled.

rocky505
July 13th, 2010, 04:18 AM
Then where would it be in Japan?

IcyIce
July 13th, 2010, 04:25 AM
The north tip. South of Sinnoh.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa278/iceman3317/japan1.jpg

It could be New York still.

rocky505
July 13th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Well another reason it can't be that part of Japan is because they said that Isshu is very far away from the other regions.

Zet
July 13th, 2010, 05:30 AM
Just because it's far away, it doesn't mean that it isn't in Japan.

rocky505
July 13th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Just because it's far away, it doesn't mean that it isn't in Japan. Why doesn't it? that part may have already been used by one of the ranger games anyway.

XEL
July 13th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Well another reason it can't be that part of Japan is because they said that Isshu is very far away from the other regions.

You do realize this is a game ... Meaning that its developers are not bound by real world limitations? They aren't recreating planet Earth, you know. If they feel like taking a part of Japan to model it after, by all means, they can go right ahead. Nothing has stated that they need to stay true to real world geographics.

PokemonCrazy_
July 13th, 2010, 05:45 AM
I love the pictures of the Isshu region, I can't wait till the game comes out!!
It'll be so cool, But it will won't be like the first games.
The first games will always be the best

rocky505
July 13th, 2010, 05:46 AM
You do realize this is a game ... Meaning that its developers are not bound by real world limitations? They aren't recreating planet Earth, you know. If they feel like taking a part of Japan to model it after, by all means, they can go right ahead. Nothing has stated that they need to stay true to real world geographics. you do realize there are real world countries in the pokemon world. They have mentioned South America in the games and the anime. I believe they also mentioned Antarctica.

countryemo
July 13th, 2010, 06:00 AM
That northern tip is not isshu, yes i know they look exactly the same pretty much. but ITS WAY TO SMALL FOR A REGION. really compare it to the others.. sorry if this sounded bad, its meant to to be nice =]

XEL
July 13th, 2010, 06:01 AM
you do realize there are real world countries in the pokemon world. They have mentioned South America in the games and the anime. I believe they also mentioned Antarctica.

Proof? And simply taking the name of an area and naming something in a fictional piece does not make it the same thing. I can take China and rename it The United States of America. I can have Australia be called Soviet Russia. Catchin' my drift here?

Zet
July 13th, 2010, 06:02 AM
you do realize there are real world countries in the pokemon world. They have mentioned South America in the games and the anime. I believe they also mentioned Antarctica.

Right, because 4kids made the anime in America because they went to "Hollywood" one time.

IcyIce
July 13th, 2010, 06:04 AM
I think they have also mentioned New Jersey in The first movie. While Ash Misty and Broke are on the speed boat with team rocket dressed like vikings going to Mewtwo's island.

rocky505
July 13th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Proof? And simply taking the name of an area and naming something in a fictional piece does not make it the same thing. I can take China and rename it The United States of America. I can have Australia be called Soviet Russia. Catchin' my drift here? South America is mentioned at the beginning of the first movie and it is mentioned in Cinnabar Mansion on RGBY FRLG.

XEL
July 13th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Hmmm.... right you are. Not to make an argument with my following statement but: Is this just in the US version? What was the original Japanese version?

rocky505
July 13th, 2010, 06:18 AM
North America is also mentioned in the games. Lt Surge is from America.