PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] "Follow Me" Feature

Guy
May 15th, 2010, 09:03 PM
The Following Feature was first introduced in Pokémon Yellow, where Pikachu, your starting Pokémon would always tag along behind you. This feature was later brought back in DPPt, but only to certain "cute" Pokémon and then later your starters. The only location it was possible to have them follow you was in Amity Square where they would find some interesting items for you to use for either contests or just berries. Recently, the Following Feature's idea was expanded to all 493 Pokémon (including shiny counterparts and alternate forms) in HG/SS. However, as far as the eye can see, Black and White doesn't seem to carry over the Following Feature.

Would you be pleased if the Following Feature was removed or would you have rather they kept it included, but this time as an optional choice for the player? If anything like DPPt, would you like a specific area where your Pokémon or certain Pokémon can follow you and collect items?

I think the Following Feature has been pretty much removed as far as all locations are concerned. It's a shame, because I actually liked this feature; especially since it's the only thing that kept me off my bike in HG/SS. I guess I would be okay if it's gone though as from what I can tell, a lot of the new graphics and 3D appeal has been winning my heart over. If anything, I wouldn't mind another location such as Amity Square like back in DPPt, but I'd prefer they not exclude it to only certain Pokémon. :\

lx_theo
May 15th, 2010, 09:06 PM
They might have it as a selectable option. I think that would be cool. I wished they did that in HG/SS.

Thorns
I really want it to be in it, because it actually made me look at my Pokemon differently and actually bond with them.

I will be greatly dissapointed if it is taken out, 3-D features or not.

JP
I'd rather them not remove it as it's a great feature to have. If anything, there should be an option to keep it on or off. It's really the only reasonable thing to do. I'd find it very odd for them to remove such a feature after putting so much attention towards it with the release of HG/SS.

Kirbychu
May 15th, 2010, 09:07 PM
I'm still not giving up hope. That feature was wonderful, and I'll be devastated if it doesn't return. <:(

King Goodra
May 15th, 2010, 09:07 PM
I didn't like the follow-me feature. I found that it was only good for Pokémon Yellow. At the time, I loved having Pikachu be able to follow me around and thought it was cool, because before Yellow, the only version I had was Blue and that wasn't available. It was something new to me.

I didn't really enjoy the fact that it was re-introduced in HeartGold and SoulSilver. It was much more of a disappointment than a joyful feature for me to have. Having any Pokémon follow me, though very logical since some Pokémon probably don't like having to go into a Pokéball, just... didn't appeal to me as much as it should have. Based on what I've seen from the screencaps and the videos that were released from the gameplay, I don't see that happening and it makes me glad. I think it's an interesting feature and one that generally made the game better... it didn't appeal to me like it should have. Maybe it was because I was so used to having Pokémon in their PokéBalls? Maybe it's just because I'm boring? Who knows?

lx_theo
May 15th, 2010, 09:08 PM
I'd rather them not remove it as it's a great feature to have. If anything, there should be an option to keep it on or off. It's really the only reasonable thing to do. I'd find it very odd for them to remove such a feature after putting so much attention towards it with the release of HG/SS.

I can see the logic though, seeing the overworlds. They are all at a new angle, so they'd have to be redone for the Pokemon. I'd prefer them adding some of the new changes I've seen so far and more. Maybe they'll add it back for the third game.

Dillon_68
May 15th, 2010, 09:12 PM
I enjoyed that feature of HGSS, I wish it was in this game, but I'm pretty sure it won't be. Either way, this game will be AMAZING!

JP
May 15th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I can see the logic though, seeing the overworlds. They are all at a new angle, so they'd have to be redone for the Pokemon. I'd prefer them adding some of the new changes I've seen so far and more. Maybe they'll add it back for the third game.

Very true. I can definitely see them skipping out on this feature for the first two games and just simply getting the basics done, then finally like all other 3rd versions, add some cool upgrades.

Waffle-San
May 15th, 2010, 09:14 PM
The new graphics and such have won me over regardless but I still hope it's returned. I loved to just walk around with my pokemon comparing sizes, collecting Shiny Leaves and just feeling generally awesome. It was part of the reason I loved HGSS so much so I really hope it makes some sort of re appearance in the future.

And they're just so darn cute!! =x

lx_theo
May 15th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Very true. I can definitely see them skipping out on this feature for the first two games and just simply getting the basics done, then finally like all other 3rd versions, add some cool upgrades.

Yeah, which would be every nice.

Though now that I think of it, the game does have a much more realistic size feel to it. That may cause problems if they stick with that...

GoldvsRed
May 15th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Who knows what the games will hold. After all, this might just be an attempt to not spoil any new Pokes. Of course, that's kind of weird now that the Starters have been shown.

JP
May 15th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Yeah, which would be every nice.

Though now that I think of it, the game does have a much more realistic size feel to it. That may cause problems if they stick with that...

Yeah, but I doubt it's anything that would prove to be too problematic for the dev teams. :P

Kirbychu
May 15th, 2010, 09:26 PM
It does make perfect sense for GF to use "follow me" as a gimmick to sell the 3rd version. It's not like they haven't purposely left out features before. :x

Esper
May 15th, 2010, 09:42 PM
If there were some story-based reason for not having it I would be fine without it. It's not like in the real world you can bring your dog with you everywhere you go so it would make sense if they had 'pokemon-free' areas even though it's a pokemon game.

Rei Shingetsu
May 15th, 2010, 10:48 PM
I'd be unhappy if it's removed, so make it an optional option.
-Turns on- Pokemon follows, -Turns off- No more.
I actually aren't used to my Diamond and Platinum now when I go back without a Pokemon following behind.

Akeraz
May 15th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Not really bothered, Tbh.
It was only cool for the first five minutes in HG/SS.
I don't see the point in it.

Satoshi Ookami
May 15th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Even though it's not on screenshots I still hope it'll be available...
It was fun in HG/SS.
But I guess it's not gonna be included...

FloatingClouds
May 15th, 2010, 11:58 PM
I would rather them keep it but I don't at the same time, as the walking behind you feature is great, but the levels of three-d compared to hg are gigantic! I mean in hg/ss the pixels just changed as you moved, but in black/white the levels of three-d are so big they will have to make all these different sprites instead of using old hg/ss sprites....

Sansa Stark
May 16th, 2010, 12:48 AM
I hope they keep it/bring it back ;w;!
I loved the Follow Me function. It made playing HG/SS more interactively fun for me n_n~
I really will miss it. ):

vibratingcat
May 16th, 2010, 12:55 AM
though i would like it to be back, i know it wont. with the improvement in graphics, more pokemon sprites, possibly a bigger area, the ds wouldnt be able to handle another 600 or so walking sprites.

Miralci
May 16th, 2010, 01:41 AM
I'd like to have a function to turn it on/off, but from what I've seen, I don't think it will be included... Too bad.

Haza
May 16th, 2010, 01:53 AM
After the complete amazingness that was in HGSS with sprites for even the "shiny" formes, I thought it would be a staple for all future games... I still have hope but I'm not sure anymore.

Flare Riqueza
May 16th, 2010, 02:26 AM
I hope they make it return.

Sadly, I don't think it will.

I know with the first screenies they don't want to reveal new pokemon, but surely they'd have had a Pikachu following you around?

Yeah, I spotted this well before other people...

Bluerang1
May 16th, 2010, 03:52 AM
I want it, I haven't experienced it, on HGSS, yet. With the starters revealed, I was expecting to see them following you, but when I didn't my hopes got crushed. However, if you come to think of it, with all the camera angles and whatnot, you do you think that they could really add the Follow Me feature?

sampika08
May 16th, 2010, 04:19 AM
Selectable is a must. I got bored of my rayquaza dissapearing down small paths/indoors mind. But I loved the feature. Made me feel more THERE!

DCFC_Woody
May 16th, 2010, 04:29 AM
Dont make no difference to me i dint really like it in HGSS

JAK3
May 16th, 2010, 04:47 AM
The "Follow-Me" feature was probably one of my favorite in Heart Gold. If they got rid of it, It wouldn't be cool, but I wouldn't freak out over it, but they should add it in, because many people like it, but as a selectable option would work well too!

Aro-kun
May 16th, 2010, 04:54 AM
They BETTER have that feature in! If they don't I'm going to fine them a million dollars! I want it to be optional.

560cool.
May 16th, 2010, 05:16 AM
It was an OK feature, I didn't mind it. I never played Yellow so it was quite new.
It really won't hurt if it doesn't come back. Even if it was a nice touch, the 3D will be even nicer ! ^^
Plus, I see a reason : how hard would it be to show all these Pokemon in full 3D ?? :-|

SpawnHyuuga
May 16th, 2010, 05:29 AM
Chances are IF it is; it is a selectable option. For any pre-release screens, it's probably turned off as to not show off any new unknown Pokemon.

However, as others before me have said it's probably not available. Why they use the storage they use now for DS games for now is beyond me? Why can't they move onto something like a bootable SD Card? It could make the game a LOT bigger, especially if it were like 8GB or 16GB. I think most games would even fit on a 1GB or 2GB SD Card. If I remember right, Emerald was 17,000 kb; and D/P were like 64,000 kb. So Platinum, was probably around 80,000 kb; and HG/SS was probably somewhere in the 100,000 kb - 150,000 kb. Now if I'm correct then the DS should play games on an SD card considering that 1 GB is 1048576 kb.

BeachBoy
May 16th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Frankly, I wouldn't mind either way. If it's not there, fine by me. Same thing if it's there. A selectable option would be pretty cool though, I admit.

Koratah
May 16th, 2010, 07:25 AM
I really wanted the follow me feature to make a comeback. It made me bond with my little pixel pokemon. :< It added something small, but enjoyable into the game.

flight
May 16th, 2010, 07:30 AM
I'm going with Beachy on this one. I wouldn't mind either way. It was good for it's time and when it was re-introduced in HGSS, but if it was removed, then I wouldn't really mind or pay attention, but also like he said, selectable options would be nice.

The Doctor
May 16th, 2010, 07:32 AM
I wish i would be able to have my pokemon follow me thoguh turning it off at some points would be cool too

Flare Riqueza
May 16th, 2010, 07:33 AM
I like SpawnHyuuga's suggestion of putting it on an SD Card.

That would explain the compatibility with D/P/Pt/Hg/Ss aswell, wouldn't it?

Ayselipera
May 16th, 2010, 01:24 PM
I loved the follow-me feature. I actually got excited seeing what the Pokemon behind me would look like after evolving and I loved bringing certain Pokemon to certain areas just to see what they would do. I have a feeling it's gone for now though. Hopefully it will make a come back in the third version of the Black and White trio.

solaris knight
May 16th, 2010, 01:30 PM
While the feature was really cool, I found it didn't have much use in the game. Wouldn't care if they left out, but would love it if they kept it in.

Volroc
May 16th, 2010, 01:35 PM
i say make it optional :3
you can choose which follows you,or none at all
cuz itll be so much more fun :3
plus my beginner will always follow me :P

While the feature was really cool, I found it didn't have much use in the game. Wouldn't care if they left out, but would love it if they kept it in.

if had ALOT of use in game
it helped evolve friendship pokemon in half the time

HaloSonic
May 16th, 2010, 01:45 PM
if its in B/W, i hope they improve it (eg like a pokemon with pickup can give you the item after battle (or let you know it has one). and the shiny leaf/crown should be a specific pokemonequip item that allows the pokemon to look shiny. sine both getting a shiny leaf and an actual shiny are hard enough, if you form a crown, it can get a shiny sheen effect.

colcolstyles
May 16th, 2010, 01:47 PM
I really hope that it is at least included as an option. Pokémon Yellow was my first game and I remember how fun it was to have that little guy following me around as I traversed dangerous caves and creamed Team Rocket time and time again. I was overjoyed when I found out that they were bringing it back in Heart Gold/Soul Silver and I'll be just as happy if they incorporate it into Black & White as well.

Zeta Patchouli
May 16th, 2010, 01:49 PM
I love the feature, and it gives me a reason to not use my bike, but if they didn't put it in, then I wouldn't lose any sleep. If they did, I'd be happy, but either way, it isn't really all that important to the game.

Charmageddon
May 16th, 2010, 01:53 PM
I'm really hoping it's optional in B/W, which to be honest it should've been in the first place. That way everyone's happy, those that like the feature and those that don't.

Astinus
May 16th, 2010, 01:56 PM
It really doesn't bother me either. I'm used to it in SS, but when I play Pearl, I don't notice that it's gone. It was a fun feature, always interesting to see what a certain Pokemon will do or react to in a particular environment, or to see how they even felt about the player character. It gave the Pokemon more of a personality that wasn't in the other games because there were so rare opportunities to see what they were thinking in previous games, but in HG/SS, they were right there to "ask".

That's really what I'm going to miss about the feature if it actually is gone (I'm not making any definite guesses about Black/White). There was more personality for the Pokemon, like my Geodude's wishing of playing with me or how my Slowpoke rolls around in the grass every chance she gets. It was just more fun.

But if it's gone, it's gone. I'll just go back to using my imagination to fill in my team's personality, or maybe the games have another feature that adds to it.

Cherrim
May 16th, 2010, 02:19 PM
I am going to be so depressed/annoyed if they don't bring the follow feature back. D: I'm not overly impressed by the increased 3D in this version which is the main excuse I can think of for not including it. I liked gen 4's subtle 3D but it looks horrible "in action" from what I've seen thus far in screenshots and video of gen 5. :/

I must admit the only reason I got through all of HGSS was because the Pokémon follow you. ._. Pulling that option may make the game less fun for me, shallow as that is.

war rock exe
May 16th, 2010, 02:50 PM
same here. I thought it was pointless

TheAppleFreak
May 16th, 2010, 03:43 PM
If they allow it to be optional, then I'd be happy. Although it's fun with smaller Pokémon indoors, I don't like it outside because there's a half-second lag where the Pokémon returns to its Pokéball, something not present in any game prior (which seriously annoyed me).

GlitchCity
May 16th, 2010, 03:58 PM
I will miss it terribily if it was removed. But if they removed that feature that means that they have something better in B&W. I hope that the "follow me" feature is an option now.

Toshiro.
May 16th, 2010, 04:21 PM
I love the Follow Me feature, and I really hope that it isn't fully removed. I do see so far that it looks like it might be, but maybe its an optional feature? I hope so.

lucy_goosey
May 16th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Oh I hope they do! I really enjoyed having my Pokemon follow me around. It made me feel closer to them in a way.

A Pixy
May 16th, 2010, 05:25 PM
I want it. D:

It adds just a dash of personality to your appearance. That would be nice. Quite nice. D:

tylerab01
May 16th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Gamefreak is always coming up with new things, Im guessing that they will have some sort of feature to do that, but since it is in a 3d concept it makes it more difficult to do some feature like that.

Ωmega
May 16th, 2010, 05:50 PM
I think that Black and White will have the Follow Me feature, but as a selectable option. As others have said, it kept me off my bike because I loved watching my Shiny Typhlosion follow me around in HGSS. :D

Eurydice
May 16th, 2010, 05:55 PM
i really love this feature. i hope it does come back in the new games. maybe as a way to turn it on and off so people who dont like having pokemon follow them dont. i didnt like amity square just because i could walk with the pokemon i wanted to.

Blubber300
May 17th, 2010, 05:15 PM
I hope you can select it as an option, that'd be cool.

NatureKeeper
May 18th, 2010, 02:52 AM
[css-div="padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; border-color: red blue; border-style:solid; background-color: #000000"]I want it BADLY. All Pokémon are cute. It's sometimes nice to be optional, though. I don't feel like entering places with Giratina.[/css-div]

Zeffy
May 18th, 2010, 03:00 AM
I don't mind having a 'follow me' feature. Although, I think they should add new features to the 'follow me' feature like all Pokemon in your party able to follow. idk, maybe its just me. XD

TrilbyMenetti
May 18th, 2010, 03:01 AM
I would be disappointed if the Pokemon following behind you was removed, as I enjoyed its presence in HG/SS after a while.

What should happen though is an option to have it on or off and the option to choose which Pokemon follows you, instead of whoever's at the front of the party.

Blue
May 18th, 2010, 03:45 AM
Yeah, I would like them to keep this feature, it was a great feature, the current scans don't show any signs of it but there could be an option to turn it off or on or it could be introduced later on in the game.

Thorns
May 18th, 2010, 04:39 AM
Chances are IF it is; it is a selectable option. For any pre-release screens, it's probably turned off as to not show off any new unknown Pokemon.

Question, if what you're saying is true, why couldn't they just have a Pokemon follow that has already been revealed, like Zoroark, Zorua or any of the starters.

Or maybe even a Pokemon from a previous region.

Don't get me wrong, I WANT the feture in it, but I don't get why they haven't shown it yet. They showed it in the FIRST clip of Hg/Ss.

Conor
May 18th, 2010, 06:02 AM
It was a great feature of HG/SS in my opinion, I felt a greater connection to my pokemon when they could follow me around :(

Cherrim
May 18th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Question, if what you're saying is true, why couldn't they just have a Pokemon follow that has already been revealed, like Zoroark, Zorua or any of the starters.

Or maybe even a Pokemon from a previous region.

Don't get me wrong, I WANT the feture in it, but I don't get why they haven't shown it yet. They showed it in the FIRST clip of Hg/Ss.
That's because it was a "major" new feature in HGSS. We knew the games were getting remade to match gen 4 so that wasn't "interesting". They wanted to show off something that was brand new and fascinating. But in BW, the brand new stuff is... everything else.

I don't think Pokémon will follow you in this game (although I will dearly miss the feature) since it hasn't been shown at all, even in rather trivial screenshots. Even if it was optional this time, I think they'd have shown one of the starters following or something in one of the promo screenshots when they were released. D:

hack1
May 18th, 2010, 06:52 AM
I want Follow Me. It's great feature.

Sage Harpuia
May 18th, 2010, 08:47 AM
I love that feature in HG/SS but I have the feeling that will not be here...
(maybe in the R/S remakes?)

Mew~
May 18th, 2010, 09:22 AM
I don't really think they will bring it back since it wasn't shown in the trailers or screenshots...
Maybe an option to go into your party and select a pokemon to follow you!?

Doxasikyrie
June 11th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Like many Pocket Monsters fans, I have been following the news for Black and White ever since they announced Zoroark. Seeing the latest leaked scans from CoroCoro, I was really delighted to see that they showed us how to obtain Zoroark's pre-evolution, Zorua. I noticed in one of the screenshots that Celebi was standing right next to the main character. Is it possible that Pokemon will still be following us around or could it just be for that event?

Here is a link (http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/corocoro_july_5.jpg) to the scan for reference. If this is the case, I'm rather excited about having a Tsutaja follow me around.

Thoughts?

dieter57
June 11th, 2010, 05:04 PM
why wouldn't they follow us. i loved it!
but i wish you could train it by walking with it. 1 exp for 1 step.

Death_Mande
June 11th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Yeah it could be Plausible. I don't think they'll want to remove that feature after they had it on HG/SS. It would really piss most of the fans off xD

I don't really mind if they don't though, since I got used to Pearl. It would make the game more enjoyable to play if they did though ^^

Jerme
June 11th, 2010, 05:17 PM
if we could have an option to return them in the ball

-Jared-
June 11th, 2010, 05:23 PM
I hope we get to let our pokemon out in Black and White. I don't want them to take that away...T__T

Germaniac
June 11th, 2010, 05:33 PM
There should be an option, when we click our pokemon, there will be "Follow" option

FieryGrave
June 11th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Yha, it would be stupid to take it out. It was an awesome feature that was entertaining. I think I saw it in a few screen shots too.

Ryuu90
June 11th, 2010, 05:37 PM
I don't think, they will follow us, because in the screenshots there no pokémon that follow the trainer. The pic you found is an event... I think...
But I hope I am wrong ^^'

JP
June 11th, 2010, 06:58 PM
I think this is a definite answer to all the doubt we had about Pokemon following us in the new games. Why bother showing us those screenshots of Celebi and Zorua standing right beside the trainers if there's no such option? ;) Plus, it would have been odd to remove such a popular feature in the first place.

MrsNorrington
June 11th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I'm going to be very disappointed if our Pokemon don't follow us. :(

If they don't follow us in B/W, maybe if they make a 3rd game that might be the "improvement" I won't let go of hope lol

Doxasikyrie
June 11th, 2010, 07:08 PM
I think this is a definite answer to all the doubt we had about Pokemon following us in the new games. Why bother showing us those screenshots of Celebi and Zorua standing right beside the trainers if there's no such option? ;) Plus, it would have been odd to remove such a popular feature in the first place.

I agree. That's why I found that screenshot interested. After all, I'm sure that was pretty tough work to sprite 493+ Pokemon for HG/SS. All they would have to do would be to edit them a bit for the new graphics in B/W and add whatever new Pokemon and voila! I would be pretty disappointed if we didn't have the option to have our Pokemon follow us. Somehow it made it feel more "real."

jbs829
June 11th, 2010, 07:13 PM
i definitely would like that feature, but it is possible that it is optional in this game, which is why we havent seen it, and that would be amazing.

Blue
June 12th, 2010, 02:54 AM
Yeah, I noticed this on serebii 'Zoura & Celebi in a pokemon center' so that made me think it could be still there.

Rei Shingetsu
June 12th, 2010, 03:26 AM
I would sooo sue them if it's not included. :P

I think the feature is cool, going back to my Diamond and Platinum from my Soulsilver always leave me awkward, I even goes: "Hey where's the Pokemon! Oh I'm not on SS." XD

Hamilton
June 12th, 2010, 03:26 AM
well i'm guessing if pokemon will follow us, it will be showed in pokemon sunday today or next week

kinu
June 12th, 2010, 05:06 AM
i dont think the will
1 the vidio of the guy walking in the citie had no pokemon
2 non of the pictures have pokemon following
3 for the celibii and zora u need an event celibii to get zoara
though i could be wrong cause it would be cool to have more giant pokemon following you

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
June 12th, 2010, 05:28 AM
i dont think the will
1 the vidio of the guy walking in the citie had no pokemon
2 non of the pictures have pokemon following
3 for the celibii and zora u need an event celibii to get zoara
though i could be wrong cause it would be cool to have more giant pokemon following you

Unfortunately I agree. It's suspect that out of all of the screenshots this is the only one showing us a Pokémon standing next to its trainer - and one of the two shown just happens to be an event Pokémon. :| If they don't follow us I will be really disappointed - it was such a step forwards for HG/SS, I don't see why they'd then take it away again.

Magic
June 12th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Yeah I think it was just the event, because you need to have the Celebii to get Zoroa.

Personally I don't think the following Pokémon was anything special :\ it got old fast, and didn't really add anything (and in some cases was stupid - see Magicarp -.-). I'd be quite happy if it's not in B/W and if it is I'd like it to be an option rather than forced.

Toshiro.
June 12th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Man I hope so, I love that feature. But in all the other screen shots the main character has been walking alone :/

PiPVoda
June 12th, 2010, 08:01 AM
More than likely, yes we will have pokemon following us again. You can't just add something to a game then take it out of the game that is suppose to revolutionize pokemon :P.

Jerme
June 12th, 2010, 08:09 AM
More than likely, yes we will have pokemon following us again. You can't just add something to a game then take it out of the game that is suppose to revolutionize pokemon :P.

how about shuckles berry ability? it was removed..

Myles
June 12th, 2010, 08:17 AM

Hopefully. But they did get rid of animated battle entrances and the Battle Frontier. They were added again later, but they were removed at one point.

Bluemoon
June 12th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I think they are going to follow us around again...
But still judging from the pictures that was released the main character is not being followed by a pokemon.... or there is probabaly a switch were you can make your pokemon not walked with you...

Dominus Temporis
June 12th, 2010, 12:13 PM
how about shuckles berry ability? it was removed..
I'd hardly call that "revolutionary," would you?

Anyway, a lot of people are saying that, due to the event screenshot being the only one showing Pokemon with their trainers, that it's evidence that they might have taken it out. Okay, that's a good point. But as mentioned, it was a very popular mechanic added to the remakes. Why take it out? Especially since the only real complaint was the desire for a choice to have them follow. If they do bring following Pokemon back, I think they're just waiting for a good opportunity to give it the spotlight. They could be showing us new stuff first and then they'll tell us some of the returning things.

SIN1488
June 12th, 2010, 12:18 PM
I hope they keep it, there wasn't really much point to it, but it did make things more fun to have your pokemon running around with you.

Olliee
June 12th, 2010, 12:35 PM
If its gone, it would be a heck of a waste of time drawing all of those OWs! I mean they drew 400, I'm sure another 100 wouldn't be impossible; we'll see though.. Perhaps they just improved it.

Zoroark-Nightmare
June 12th, 2010, 12:37 PM
I don't really think it would happen...
:] Unless we could have the option to keep them in the ball or not.

MistahDude
June 12th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Like many Pocket Monsters fans, I have been following the news for Black and White ever since they announced Zoroark. Seeing the latest leaked scans from CoroCoro, I was really delighted to see that they showed us how to obtain Zoroark's pre-evolution, Zorua. I noticed in one of the screenshots that Celebi was standing right next to the main character. Is it possible that Pokemon will still be following us around or could it just be for that event?

Here is a link (http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/corocoro_july_5.jpg) to the scan for reference. If this is the case, I'm rather excited about having a Tsutaja follow me around.

Thoughts?

It was shown in a scan that pokemon still can

The Doctor
June 12th, 2010, 12:46 PM
I hope they will have a follow option.
Maybe at the side of the touch screen. You can tap the pokeball.

Closed pokeball : Pokemon in ball
Open pokeball : pokemon following?

I think thats a really good idea. Honk if u agree

BHwolfgang
June 12th, 2010, 03:15 PM
I hope that Gamefreak and Nintendo will include this feature to Pokemon Black & White. It was fun seeing one's Pokemon following you everywhere. It would be depressing if they decide to cancel it after Gen. IV.

HannahMontana
June 12th, 2010, 03:33 PM

Lol this is NOT a definite answer in any way, shape, or form. Stop wishful thinking. This is an event...every other screenshot shows no Pokemon following the trainer. And since it's not a new feature, there'd be no reason to try and make it a surprise.

Jerme
June 12th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Lol this is NOT a definite answer in any way, shape, or form. Stop wishful thinking. This is an event...every other screenshot shows no Pokemon following the trainer. And since it's not a new feature, there'd be no reason to try and make it a surprise.

maybe theyre early beta pics? this is kinda vice versa, but remember all that hype with new super mario bros DS and the co-op mode? and then it got cut out.

JP
June 12th, 2010, 08:27 PM

Not wishful thinking in any way, shape or form. It's just basing an opinion on solid evidence. When have we ever had a special event with your Pokemon standing beside or behind you (before HG/SS?) Who's to say there's no reason to try and surprise people by bringing back such a beloved feature, doesn't matter if it's new or not in this case.

Rei Shingetsu
June 12th, 2010, 08:57 PM
I hope they will have a follow option.
Maybe at the side of the touch screen. You can tap the pokeball.

Closed pokeball : Pokemon in ball
Open pokeball : pokemon following?

I think thats a really good idea. Honk if u agree

*Honks* :D
To make things crazy, I was thinking if all 6 could follow you altogether. It'd look like a gang roflmao.

Haza
June 12th, 2010, 09:32 PM
If it is not back that would truly disappoint and since it made the game feel so much less lonely. Alos, that part of the game was pretty major and anyone would notice if it was gone. Also the new pic has kinda confirmed to me that it will be an option... I think it WOULD be a surprise if they added it though, which is why they are not showing too much of it it as of now. On the other side, if you think about it... the amount of Pokemon is going to exceed 600. Normal and Shiny Formes/Alternate Formes will push that number over 1200... get it? With all of the upped graphics and even more battle animations and more attack animations, the game is going to be holding a lot in it... it may not have room for it.

rocky505
June 12th, 2010, 09:53 PM
I hope they still follow you with an option for them not too. But it will most likely only be for this event :(

Bigdog
June 12th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Yeah it could be Plausible. I don't think they'll want to remove that feature after they had it on HG/SS. It would really piss most of the fans off xD

I don't really mind if they don't though, since I got used to Pearl. It would make the game more enjoyable to play if they did though ^^

GameFreak's a professional at pissing their fans off. Look at how you couldn't trade your Pokemon from the Old Gen to the Advanced Gen. RSE almost felt like it wasn't worth it, but the starters were *****in' amazing, atleast their final forms.

Mind you they might upgrade the DS carts to have higher space capacities so it could be available.

AngelFireWing
June 13th, 2010, 12:53 AM
I hope that they do keep it to where your pokemon follow you. It was an interesting concept when they first introduced in yellow version with pikachu following you and then to completely redo it so that any pokemon can follow you in HG/SS.

JAK3
June 13th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Why not? I mean, so many people loved that feature, so why not add it again, except now with new Pokemon! It would be exciting. :)

GlitchCity
June 13th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Yes finally its an option! I didnt see the scan on serebii, but I saw it on youtube and pokebeach. Im excited, I can have my awesome dragonair following me yay!

Lelouch vi Britannia
June 13th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Yes finally its an option! I didnt see the scan on serebii, but I saw it on youtube and pokebeach. Im excited, I can have my awesome dragonair following me yay!

You can already have it follow you in HGSS

JAK3
June 13th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Now that the time has past as this thread was posted, we have seen two things:
Firstly, we have seen the Celebi standing next to one player.
Secondly, we have seen Zorua, a fifth generation Pokemon, standing next to the other one.
As we have seen this, we assume that the following feature will return, and hopefully, it does, because I loved that feature, it was one of the best features in HG/SS, especially the Shiny Counterparts. :)

Vegeta™
June 13th, 2010, 07:13 AM
They might have it as a selectable option. I think that would be cool. I wished they did that in HG/SS.

Yeah I was thinking the same.

Kininja
June 13th, 2010, 07:15 AM
I dont think there doing it again
it took ages to do
because HGSS was orginally for GBA but it took so long making the follow me feature it had to be moved to DS

And you havent seen any following pokemon yet
in the screenshots

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
June 13th, 2010, 07:16 AM
I Hope the feature stays, though the celebi and the zorua out reminds me of the Giovanni event in HGSS...So I hope this is a sign!

Serene Grace
June 13th, 2010, 07:22 AM
I think the following feature is pretty cool, however I don't think it should be kept as a permanent feature. It's much better when it's re-introduced for a special occasion (Yellow being for the anime and HG/SS being for the 10th anniversary of G/S) because it makes it a bit more special and something to look forward to. Also, I know it'll be one of those features that will end up being useless if it's being used in every Pokemon game; so it's much safer to use it as a one-off feature to show Pokemon hasn't lost it's originality.

Don't believe random rumors you hear over the internet - it's most likely that it's not a feature; however we're not sure until all the information is confirmed. So don't get your hopes up too quickly. ):

nikoliberty123
June 13th, 2010, 08:47 AM
I enjoyed it at first but after a while I wish they would of made it optional. So I hope they make it optional in pokemon W/B..........I doubt they will though, but hey that new 3-d pokemon battle system looks pretty koo....

dieter57
June 13th, 2010, 09:06 AM
i liked the follow me feature.
who wouldn't want to walk around with a wailord just for the sheer awesomeness it has!

A Pixy
June 13th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Speaking of which, why was that feature introduced in the first place? I only liked it because I thought it was cool and kind of nostalgic.

Mujahid
June 13th, 2010, 09:19 AM
it took ages to do
because HGSS was orginally for GBA but it took so long making the follow me feature it had to be moved to DS

Ah what ???...r u kidding me..It took 4 years to make HG/SS...and DS was there long before that..wonder who told you that

Bluerang1
June 13th, 2010, 09:47 AM
I think the following feature is pretty cool, however I don't think it should be kept as a permanent feature. It's much better when it's re-introduced for a special occasion (Yellow being for the anime and HG/SS being for the 10th anniversary of G/S) because it makes it a bit more special and something to look forward to. Also, I know it'll be one of those features that will end up being useless if it's being used in every Pokemon game; so it's much safer to use it as a one-off feature to show Pokemon hasn't lost it's originality.

Dude as a point. As I said it was only a HGSS exclusive thing, this gives a reason to my point. Also, the part about it ending up being useless is valid also.

Myles
June 13th, 2010, 10:11 AM
But having Pokemon follow you makes it a lot more Pokemon-y. Otherwise you just have a bunch of people wandering around in the overworld; not a Pokemon in sight.

Haza
June 13th, 2010, 12:37 PM
I just don't feel the same going into a game thinking that that specific feature will be gone... if it is gone then I wish they never did it in the first place.

Eeohnex
June 13th, 2010, 01:07 PM
The "Follow Me" feature in HG/SS is one of the main reasons why I enjoy playing SS. It brings a bond between you and your Pokémon during the game play and it makes it more enjoyable.

I guess it would bother me a bit if this isn't integrated in B/W, but I can be cool with it, as long as it has new great features on the game. They should make this feature an option in B/W, not everyone likes it but a lot of people seem to do. I just hope that in any case, this isn't in B/W, I would love to see it in the future Generations.

Sleet
June 13th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Id be happy if it was in the game. If it's not I wont be bothered. =]

MortyEcruteak
June 13th, 2010, 04:12 PM
I like the following a lot, but then it was funny when i wouldn't switch pokemon because i love when heracross follows me.

Jerme
June 13th, 2010, 04:53 PM
it took ages to do

And you havent seen any following pokemon yet
in the screenshots

for hg/ss they had to to make 493 sprites. or maybe less since some were left over from platinum. now in b&w they might only have to make like 130.

also can you explain that bolded part for me.

Agent Clank
June 13th, 2010, 04:57 PM
I would love if they brought back that feature!
There is nothing more fun then walking with your Pokemon :D
Mostly when there Big Legendary Pokemon XD

SilverDragonair
June 13th, 2010, 08:57 PM
I also hope they bring it back! It's a really neat feature. I'm so pumped to see how the new 3D works!

Satoshi_poketo monsta
June 13th, 2010, 09:49 PM
I'm not sure if that Follow Me feature will stay at the first time, But when the Poke`Beach said something like,"On the Celebi and Zorua page, one of the screenshots shows your Celebi next to you and Zorua next to another Trainer. This probably confirms that you can have your Pokemon walk behind you again, like in HeartGold and SoulSilver." I don't know but I think it does going to happen.

pokejungle
June 13th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Since I loved it... it will be sorely missed.

I don't see how they can mesh the new 3D style with walking Pokemon. They'd have to add a bunch of new sprites for overworld, which is a lot harder than how they did the smaller ones for HGSS.

So long out-of-pokeball pokemon :(

altariaking
June 14th, 2010, 04:33 AM
looking at the zoroa screenshot, I think it will be an optional feature.

Haza
June 14th, 2010, 04:44 AM
The only thing that has our hopes up sucks because it is an event... had it just been a random Pokemon Over-world then it would be different... ugh!

Tanaki
June 14th, 2010, 06:47 AM
I think the game should have it, but with the condition that it could be turned off from the options menu or controlled from the pokemon menu by selecting which pokemon you could allow to follow you if your leader faints. And also because the feature can get annoying when you try to pick something up or turn around and your pokemon is in the way.

Forever
June 14th, 2010, 07:53 AM
I think it will make a comeback, just not in this generation. Or, only while contests are occuring or something like that. Isshu could have different roaming Pokemon rules or something as an excuse. D:

Serene Grace
June 14th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Since I loved it... it will be sorely missed.

I don't see how they can mesh the new 3D style with walking Pokemon. They'd have to add a bunch of new sprites for overworld, which is a lot harder than how they did the smaller ones for HGSS.

So long out-of-pokeball pokemon :(
Yeah, but I thought the 3D was still going to be limited. As in it's only implemented in some areas - maybe more than the previous games, but still not 100% everywhere. Or was I wrong?

~Chiramii~
June 14th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Well,
If you look on Serebii there's a character with a Celebi next to them in one of the pictures.
It could just be a picture of the pokemon transferring BUT,It could also be limited to the areas of where you can walk around with your pokemon.

SodeNoZangetsu
June 14th, 2010, 05:24 PM
All the scans I've seen from the gameplay don't show any Pokemon behind the player and that makes me sad, since I loved it in HG/SS. I had always wanted your Pokemon to follow you again like Pikachu did in Yellow, so when I found out they did in HG/SS it made me even happier that I had actually bought it--I was tempted not to at first. D/P/Pt made me frustrated that your Pokemon could only follow you in Amity Square, and even then only "cute" ones were allowed to.

I really hope they include the Follow Me feature in Black and White--there's still time to make changes!--but if not, the game still looks promising and I'm excited for its release either way.

.Awesome
June 14th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Maybe they'll make it an optional feature in B/W. The feature was alright, though. =\ I mean, it was cool and everything, but it annoyed me when my Lugia was too big to fit in houses. Making things too realistic. :\

Izanagi
June 14th, 2010, 05:39 PM
With modifications to the system, I would want it back. First off, there should be a size system, like in the Mystery Dungeon series. Only certain sized Pokemon should be allowed out in certain locations. Secondly, and my biggest erk: Option. It should be purely optional. Sometimes I don't want my Pokemon following me. Third: It shouldn't have to be in your first slot to be out of it's ball.

SodeNoZangetsu
June 14th, 2010, 05:52 PM
With modifications to the system, I would want it back. First off, there should be a size system, like in the Mystery Dungeon series. Only certain sized Pokemon should be allowed out in certain locations. Secondly, and my biggest erk: Option. It should be purely optional. Sometimes I don't want my Pokemon following me. Third: It shouldn't have to be in your first slot to be out of it's ball.

Exactly. Then it'd be perfect. I always got annoyed that it had to be first in your slot as well. Sometimes I wanted one to follow me, but not battle. I agree, it should be optional if they include it.

Zirkle38
June 14th, 2010, 05:53 PM
I don't see what's bad about it. Sure, you might not care about bonding with your Pokemon, but I liked it. And I'm really tired of the Pokemon guys taking away features and going backwards. I mean, they introduced Day and Night in Silver/Gold/Crystal but took it back for Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald? Whyyy? And now they might be taking away the 'Follow Me' feature, after fully utilizing it? Yellow - Just Pikachu. GSC - Nada, SRE - Nope, DPPt - Cute Pkmn in Amity Square, and HGSS - All de teim. So now we have BW - Nah. Well, that's a fail if I ever did sawed one. Sure, they can make it optional for everyone who's like "wahhh, I hate it, because it makes things sorta annoying 3% of the time," but everyone else who is like, "Oh, you're holding something? Annnnnd you wanna give it to me? Aw freekin sweet! A berry!" it'd be cool to keep around.

Magmarizer
June 14th, 2010, 06:05 PM
If there were some story-based reason for not having it I would be fine without it. It's not like in the real world you can bring your dog with you everywhere you go so it would make sense if they had 'pokemon-free' areas even though it's a pokemon game.
Yes, and you also can not capture your dog in a poke-ball, the poke world is unrealistic, and thats what makes it fun. also, you couldnt bring certian oversized pokemon indoors.

Ravecat
June 28th, 2010, 03:15 AM
I... think that's just her hair.

o0PinkSquid0o
June 28th, 2010, 03:28 AM
In this video there's something (a Pokémon?) running behind the girl! So maybe it IS an option :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x993M0UzRrs&feature=player_embedded (at 10 sec)

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/30/followl.png

I just lol'd....really hard

sirDonovan
June 28th, 2010, 06:00 AM
In this video there's something (a Pokémon?) running behind the girl! So maybe it IS an option :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x993M0UzRrs&feature=player_embedded (at 10 sec)

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/30/followl.png

Ha yeah I'm pretty sure that's just her hair. I haven't played HeartGold or SoulSilver yet so I'm not sure if your pokemon following you gets annoying or not, but I'd love to see it in Black and White because of the new pokemon of the 5th generation

Volroc
June 28th, 2010, 06:39 AM
the DS can handle it
after all nintendo make the games for the DS, not the DS for the games

ill bet a million dollars,that their either makin it optional "go in menu, select pokemon, select walk, then select store to put it back" or their just leavin it out this time,and in the 3rd game itll make its glorious return

i saw a bunch of negative comments, and wat i have to say to those people:
youve CLEARLY not used it to evolve a friendship pokemon, my golbat i caught as a zubat lv2 evolved in a few levels afterwards WITHOUT a soothe bell, or friendship berries
the follow me feature made it possible to evolve friendship pokemon faster& get the full effect without the need of berries& items.

the follow me feature got old after awhile, but who can really say theyve walked across the regions with all 493 pokemon :P
ill continue to catch new pokemon& watch them chase after me :D
i loved the feature, to be honest i was obsessed with cyndaquil followin me durin the first part lol

i know it would be alot of pokemon to add, but i think its worth it dont you?
id love to see my lil grass snakey slither after me :3

PrinceBlackheart
June 28th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Guys thats tha girls hair and no that wont be returning

myrrh25
June 28th, 2010, 06:49 AM
ill bet a million dollars,that their either makin it optional "go in menu, select pokemon, select walk, then select store to put it back" or their just leavin it out this time,and in the 3rd game itll make its glorious return

I'll remember you made this bet :P

King Goodra
June 28th, 2010, 07:19 AM
I think the follow me feature will be implemented now that I look at some of the screenshots and information released (not the one of that girl that so many people think is a Pokémon, hur hur), but I don't think it will be available for just any ol Pokémon so much as special Pokémon that trigger the storyline, like how I saw Celebii and Zorua were out of their PokéBalls in what seemed to be an event.

akaFilanachi
June 28th, 2010, 07:25 AM
I hope it's an option in Black and White. It was a pretty cool feature in HG/SS.

Bloothump
June 28th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Speaking of which, why was that feature introduced in the first place? I only liked it because I thought it was cool and kind of nostalgic.

The feature was added to HGSS because it was a remake and they had to add more features to it in order to make it more playable. So in this, if they were added to BW, that would only make HGSS lose all of its novelty. Because the follow me feature was really the highlight of that game for most players. Personally, I wasn't the biggest fan of it. I was really glad they did it for that game, but I think that's where it should stay. For one, the majority of the pokemon OW sprites were chunky blobs, most looking like a cloning experiment gone wrong or a shapeless rendering of the real thing. Again, I loved the feature in that game, but only in that game.

Anyway, considering the follow-me feature was just something added to HGSS in order to give it more appeal because it wasn't an original game, well, why would it come back to BW? We have so much appeal already with all of these new and exciting additions to the series.

PalkiaSpace
July 9th, 2010, 08:01 AM
I hope they keep it... I don't understand why they would put in all that work in HGSS making all the overworld sprites for only one set of games...

AceDragonite
July 9th, 2010, 08:36 AM
thats a shame, I really liked that feature, it made me feel like i wasn't playing with mindless drones, Game freak is probably too lazy to make 100+ new overworlds

Diablo361
July 9th, 2010, 09:52 AM
To be honest, it was really only cool for the first five minutes.

I barely notice it now :/

Rei Shingetsu
July 9th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Serebii.net said something about the Celebi being sent out when you approaches the guy with the Zorua, so high chance it's not included now :(

solaris knight
July 9th, 2010, 12:29 PM
I wonder why they decided not to include it? Time constraints? Space issues (unlikely)? Didn't see a need for it? Or to preserve a uniqueness for it in HG/SS?

Kirbychu
July 9th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I wonder why they decided not to include it? Time constraints? Space issues (unlikely)? Didn't see a need for it? Or to preserve a uniqueness for it in HG/SS?
I could definitely see them add the feature in the third game just to encourage sales.

Jerme
July 9th, 2010, 12:45 PM
I could definitely see them add the feature in the third game just to encourage sales.

you got a point...this has to be the correct answer.

D3r Schatten
July 10th, 2010, 10:08 AM
i hope that they make it just like when your pikachu followed you EVRYWHERE, but i think there should be an option with every pokemon in your party for them to "follow" you, and when you select that they would obviously follow, but if they did do this i really hope they make the shinies look shiny instead of the regular -_-

Logiedan
July 10th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Judging from the screens, i'm guessing there won't be a feature. But like Hiiro said, that feature made me use my bike less throughout the story. It's sort of a feature I don't mind, I am still use to having no Pokémon because of Diamond,Pearl and Platinum. I wouldn't mind if they kept it or took it away but it'd be nice to see some extra work done on the game to see the new Pokémon overworlds.

Scorpio219
July 10th, 2010, 10:50 AM
i willalways be on the bike any way like in all the pokemon games i own so it doesnt really matter to me

MegaKuriboh
July 10th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Damn I wish they brought it back...
Sigh it was fun but I doubt we'll see it in these games hopefully in the third version!

Astinus
July 10th, 2010, 12:17 PM
I'm used to not having the Pokemon follow me around, since I lost my SoulSilver version and have been playing Pearl. So without it being in B/W won't be too shocking when I play the games.

It is going to be missed though. The feature added a little bit of personality to the Pokemon that wasn't there before. Without it, I'm going to have to resort to old-fashioned imagination to think up my Pokemon's personalities.

flight
July 10th, 2010, 12:22 PM
I guess for me, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but it wouldn't really matter if it wasn't there. Like you said Astinus, it did add a bit of personality to the games, but we won't be distraught without it, and it's pretty minor compared to what else the game has to offer, so yeah.

Nikorasu
July 10th, 2010, 12:22 PM
I want it in PLEASE

It made me poud of my pokemon :)
And it was nice seeing what mood it was in, etc, etc.

Red1530
July 10th, 2010, 03:59 PM
I am disappointed that the feature is more then likely going to be removed. I hope that there might be an Amity Square like location in the games so that some of our Pokemon can come out the Pokeball.

PiPVoda
July 10th, 2010, 06:11 PM
You lose a feature (possibly), you gain a ton. If it isn't in the game, people will get over it, if it is..then I'll say we got lucky. :P

Le Creep!
July 10th, 2010, 11:41 PM
They had better not take away this feature. I absolutely LOVE it, how you can walk with whichever Pokémon you like, talk to it, and snatch items off it. I even like it how some Pokémon are to big to be in a Pokémon Center or a Pokémart (like Lugia or Ho-oh).

If they don't bring this back to Black and White, then they will probably pull the Pokéwalker feature, or has it been confirmed that there will be?

Droidz
July 11th, 2010, 12:25 AM
I know it looks like the Follow me option is gone but I'd like to see them have it in B&W. I'm going to pretty disappointed if it isn't.

Guillermo
July 11th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Most of the new Pokemon are so hideous I wouldn't want them following me around. :/

MistahDude
July 11th, 2010, 01:31 AM
The 200MB DS cartridges cannot handle the pokemon following you. If they waited til the 3DS (2GB Cartridges) they could proly pull it off.

Jerme
July 11th, 2010, 09:56 AM
The 200MB DS cartridges cannot handle the pokemon following you. If they waited til the 3DS (2GB Cartridges) they could proly pull it off.

uh im not an expert, but the maximun size of most roms i see were only 128 mb. inluding hg/ss

Weavile05
July 11th, 2010, 11:29 AM
The games still have a while to go before their release date, they could still add it.
I think they should let you pick any pokemon in your party to follow you, or you could select none. Or maybe even have more than one that can follow you.

skyluigi2
July 11th, 2010, 12:07 PM
they should do something like put it in the options menu:
turn following pokemon on or off

July 11th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I am sad that they took out another cool Johto game feature and put it away for perhaps another gen :(

flight
July 11th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I am sad that they took out another cool Johto game feature and put it away for perhaps another gen :(

Compared to what Gen V is going to offer, that's a pretty minor thing they took off. We can live without it(or at least, I can).

Astinus
July 11th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Seriously. The "Follow Me" feature was probably added to give HG/SS something new and exciting to them. They weren't the introduction to a new generation (they already were as G/S/C and D/P/Pt were Fourth Generation's "introduction"), so they needed a little something special added to them. The Follow Me feature was it.

Fifth Generation has a lot going for it, and we haven't seen everything yet. Sure, the Follow Me feature is going to be missed by some, but when compared to what we're getting, it's so small.

It might be back. It might not. But right now, I'm glad they focused on adding whatever they did add and introducing whatever is new.

July 11th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Well how much do they you think they have left to show us other than new Mon's?

flight
July 11th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Well how much do they you think they have left to show us other than new Mon's?

Most likely new features and aspects of the game, as well as possibly the new E4 and the Champion and things of that nature; revealing more characters, more cities, things of that nature.

But I believe we're a while from reaching that point.

July 11th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Well the next Issue of Corocoro is September and that's the month we BW come out in Japan...so I expect most of the news to come in next month then after that BW will truly come out and we will get all the info :)

flight
July 11th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Well the next Issue of Corocoro is September and that's the month we BW come out in Japan...so I expect most of the news to come in next month then after that BW will truly come out and we will get all the info :)

I actually think this is slightly possible too, but I dunno. D:

franko94
July 11th, 2010, 06:31 PM
The clip with Celebi not out in the house/store means nothing bc legendary pokemon did NOT leave their pokeball inside enclosures (gyms houses stores etc)

Jerme
July 11th, 2010, 08:02 PM
The clip with Celebi not out in the house/store means nothing bc legendary pokemon did NOT leave their pokeball inside enclosures (gyms houses stores etc)

idk what youre trying to get at, but i think only oversized pokemon in general did not leave their balls.

July 11th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Yeah only too big pokemon couldn't come out in the "Follow me" Feature in HGSS but other legendary pokemon that weren't as big as lugia and ho-ho could like Mew,Jiranchi, Celebi, Shaymin,ect. could :)

Forever
July 16th, 2010, 01:55 AM
http://pokebeach.com/content/games/black-white/prerelease/0710/musharna-1.gif

^ I'd like to think the above is a positive indication... but it might just be for an event :(

rocky505
July 16th, 2010, 01:59 AM
That is for that Dream World thing I believe

MistahDude
July 16th, 2010, 02:09 AM
I actually think this is slightly possible too, but I dunno. D:

Most likely the next issue of CoroCoro will have details and pictures of all the new pokemon.

BridZworld
July 16th, 2010, 02:29 AM
I will be dissapointed if this is removed I really liked it, hopefully it is an optional feature.

Forever
July 16th, 2010, 02:30 AM
That is for that Dream World thing I believe

But isn't that just online? -was assuming it was like a connect pokewalker thing-

And why in such a random location too-- or we can have Pokemon following within the dream world? :D

IceFireLighnting
July 16th, 2010, 03:35 AM
All I want is for it to return w/the option to turn it on/off. Because as far as I can see, that's probably what they're gonna do. I've seen enough OW sprites of pkmn to see that they already have all of the sprites ready, and I've seen the trainers without their pokemon walkin behind them, but they wanna wait to let people know, probably like a lot of other people said already.=/

Le Creep!
July 16th, 2010, 02:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIfYSqwKUIM&feature=player_embedded

I found this. In one of the scenes it shows a little black fluffy thing following the trainer, as it would in HG/SS. Sorry I couldn't wrap it.

Magic
July 16th, 2010, 02:51 PM
But isn't that just online? -was assuming it was like a connect pokewalker thing-

And why in such a random location too-- or we can have Pokemon following within the dream world? :D

I think it's an event explaining the dream state.

I seem to remember that in the dream state you control a Pokémon rather than your character.

I found this. In one of the scenes it shows a little black fluffy thing following the trainer, as it would in HG/SS. Sorry I couldn't wrap it.

It's most likely her hair.

TDCass
July 16th, 2010, 02:56 PM
I saw "Follow Me" Feature and facepalmed, thinking someone was talking about the thing in the Lavender Town copypasta that drove little kids to suicide after going into the grass at the beginning of the game... but after reading this topic, it actually seems pretty cool. Haven't played HG and SS yet though

Astinus
July 16th, 2010, 03:08 PM

It's most likely her hair. If you look at the other scenes where the player is walking around, either on a route or in a city, there's no Pokemon following them. And the Gen V girl does have poofy hair.

Haza
July 16th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Yeah, like I've said before, they made such a big deal about it when HGSS came out, maybe they want us to wait in suspense to see if it will return. If it's what they are doing then it's working. Just imagine though, before it was 493 Pokemon + Shiny and Gender Differences and Alternate Formes, that's over 1000. Now we would have over 200 more added to that, and that's only if there were 100 new Pokemon added...

Forever
July 16th, 2010, 10:56 PM
I think it's an event explaining the dream state.

I seem to remember that in the dream state you control a Pokémon rather than your character.

Really? D:

At least we get it for a little while, at least. Or later on in the game perhaps :3