PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Ability Discussion

Toxicroak
May 15th, 2010, 10:29 PM
What new Abilities would you like to see added?

Waffle-San
May 15th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Weather Man (Person): An ability that spiratically changes the weather randomly every couple turns.

I can't remember some of my other ideas but I always thought this would be pure random fun, nothing like having a Sandstorm, Ice Storm, thundershower all to have it turn to a nice sunny day for a couple turns before the fog comes in. :P

HaloSonic
June 8th, 2010, 04:13 PM
what can you think for new abilities in generation 5? I can think of 2 for legendaries.

1) Chronoforce - The ability will be determined depending on the time of day or night, and changes every 2 or 4 hours
2) Hypercharge - Beam moves such as Hyper Beam do not need to recharge when first used in battle.

what else can you think?

Waki Tobaye
June 8th, 2010, 04:18 PM
I'd certainly love to see something like this ability:
Preposterous - The user makes 2 attacks per turn.

A Pokémon with sub-par stats could use this pretty well. And many player's would use it.

XxVeNtAnAxX
June 8th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Zoroark - the star of the forthcoming Pokémon Ruler Of Illusion: Zoroark movie - will be able to call on this ability which enables it to transform into various Pokémon.

HaloSonic
June 8th, 2010, 05:01 PM
here's another one I can think of, although it could work as an Item as well.

True Power - When using Secret Power, the Attack will become the element of the implied move as opposed to being just a normal move.

Jerme
June 8th, 2010, 05:15 PM

A Pokémon with sub-par stats could use this pretty well. And many player's would use it.

i was about to say hell no, but then shuckle came to my mind. but it is kinda OP though

PPS Morphine
June 8th, 2010, 05:50 PM
I would have just one

Preference: If this pokemon is holding a berry, the effect of the berry can be used multiple times without the berry being lost

Chaos190
June 8th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Here are abilities for some pokemon.

Power Up:
Everyturn the user's Pokemon loses 1 speed level and gains 1 attack level.

Blazing:
Once a turn the Pokemon's fire attacks will x by 0.32

Cross Hold:
Prevents all Pokemon from using Protect and Detect.

Steel Stone:
Increases all Pokemons on the user's sides defense by 0.5

Freeze Off:
Prevents all Pokemon in the user's party to be frozen

Volroc
June 8th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Starlight:
protects pokemon from status conditions, lowering of stats, & increases chances of added effects (only for jirachi)

Jerme
June 8th, 2010, 08:15 PM
some of these abilities sound too unbalanced

Thunderhead
June 8th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Frostbite - If this Pokemon is attacked, it will become frozen (10% chance)

Mental Touch - If attacked by a special attack, the Pokemon that used the attack will become confused (20%)

Blindness - Every turn the Pokemon accuracy falls, but all its stats increase by 2 or 1

Avoidense - If there is an attack that can be avoided (Surf, Rock Slide, Earthquake, or any attack that effects the whole feild), this Pokemon will always avoid them.

Taunting Stance - Lowers pokemons defenses.

Loud Call - Sound Base attacks do double damage, double the effect, and have double accuracy

Transfer - If this pokemon is effect by a status, it is transferd over to the pokemon that gave it too you. Preventing status

Fastpace - Moves that attack first do double damage.

xDaisuke0
June 8th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Yes, way too unbalanced !_!

Here's some alright ones I can think off:

Magnetize - Electric moves will only hit this Pokemon and will be absorbed as HP (Good for Electrics and some Rock/Ground types too?)

Plant Growth - Any Water-type move used on this Pokemon will raise a random stat. (Only Grass types)

Shield - This Pokemon has a 30% chance of the opponent's move doing half it's damage.

Babysit - The foe has a chance of refusing to attack this Pokemon. (Only Babies!!!) :O

DXrobots
June 8th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Reload - every turn the PP of a random move is restored by 1

Livewire
June 8th, 2010, 10:19 PM
id like to see more versions of volt absorb, like one for fire types (they need all the HP they can get) and for maybe grass

Pitch Black- multiplies the users dark type moves 1.5x at night

and torrent/swarm/blaze/overgrow versions for the other types. ;)

Mujahid
June 8th, 2010, 10:33 PM
yeah i do want some..

Motor drive version of poison
sleep walk - increases speed if put to sleep
cautious - reduces accuracy of foes attack

There r plenty more...but these are the one i really want

Ninja Caterpie
June 8th, 2010, 11:22 PM

I like this, actually, but the stats have to be preposterous...ly low. BST of like 250 or something. :D

Phazon
June 9th, 2010, 01:28 AM
Reload - every turn the PP of a random move is restored by 1

You'd have full PP all the time o.0

Unless your opponent has Pressure or Spite.

shivamwazhere
June 9th, 2010, 05:57 AM
I would like to see Gravitational pull it allows flying types to get hit by ground type moves

THIS IS MY FIRST EVER POST!!!

shengar
June 9th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Ultra heat: Decrease water type effectiveness by 50% and fire type move deal normal damage against water type

HaloSonic
June 9th, 2010, 06:32 AM
these sound rather unbalanced, even for legendary pokemon. seriously, think of something that is likely to be used.

Leonardo10
June 9th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Bidoof Remover:When the leading Pokemon has this ability, the encounter level of Bidoof is reduced to 0%.

Jerme
June 9th, 2010, 06:58 AM
I would like to see Gravitational pull it allows flying types to get hit by ground type moves

THIS IS MY FIRST EVER POST!!!

iron ball + switcheero

how about this: Genius-pokemon knows how to use man-made items (potions=oran/sitrus berry, and balls somehow work)

shengar
June 9th, 2010, 08:14 AM
these sound rather unbalanced, even for legendary pokemon. seriously, think of something that is likely to be used.

No too unbalanced actually, because my original idea include a power up effect if the weather is Sunny.This also only useful against water type only, and remember fire type have any other weakness, such as rock and ground.

Kurumi
June 9th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Mystical Fog: When this Pokemon enters the battle fog appears.
-name-: When Fog is in effect,evasion of that pokemon raises every turn. (Bring Your Aerial Ace going!)
Thick Fog: When Pokemon is fighting during Fog his damage received by every attack which is not super-effective is halved.
Ice Aura: If Rain is in effect it changes to Hail,Sunny Day is negated,Fog deals damage like Hail(evasion+damage : P),Sandstorm becomes Heavy Hail,dealing twice as damage as normal Hail.
Trick Dimension: Super effective attacks become not-effective,not-effective become super effective.

chaos11011
June 13th, 2010, 12:49 PM
As we all know there are new abilities for Pokemon Black and White.But one of the new abilities caught my eye,Encourage.It boost the Power of the move but negates any effects that it has.Sure that depleates some good moves like Anceint Power or Discharge but whaat about others like Hyper Beam or Explosion.If the pokemon uses Hyper beam will it not recharge.And what about Explosion will you not faint.in all honesty i belive that any pokemon that has this ability will be pretty broken.

Discuss.

Kirbychu
June 13th, 2010, 01:18 PM
I doubt that they'll give Hihidaruma explosion.They'll simply balance it out by not giving Pokemon with this ability any moves that would be overpowered. Focus Punch is a must though.

Xander Olivieri
June 13th, 2010, 01:57 PM
I think it simply stops Status effects like Thundershock's Paralysis, or a Fire Attack's Burn effect.

Hyperbeam doesn't seem like a secondary effect. Its kinda like a cost for the move. Self Destruct. You faint when you use it so I don't think it would keep you from fainting.

Chary
June 13th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Sheesh!
Negates some attack effects? Nuh-uh!
Using it's ability would break my double/triple battle teams!!!
I guess if it stops you from powering up SolarBeam/Focus Punch it could pretty sweet!
And no recharge or recoil could be good as well!
But, this could make certain B/W battles really broken, as previously stated..

Dominus Temporis
June 13th, 2010, 03:45 PM
The way I've seen it explained is like this: you know Serene Grace? Anything that gets affected by that is affected by Encourage. Secondary effects are things that have a chance to happen to the opponent.

So Explosion would still faint it and Hyper Beam would have to recharge because those moves always will have those effects.

Thunderbolt and Flamethrower would do damage but not have a chance to paralyze/burn, because moves like that only might activate said effects.

Xander Olivieri
June 13th, 2010, 08:42 PM
The way I've seen it explained is like this: you know Serene Grace? Anything that gets affected by that is affected by Encourage. Secondary effects are things that have a chance to happen to the opponent.

So Explosion would still faint it and Hyper Beam would have to recharge because those moves always will have those effects.

Thunderbolt and Flamethrower would do damage but not have a chance to paralyze/burn, because moves like that only might activate said effects.
^ This ^

I couldn't explain it well.

chaos11011
June 14th, 2010, 06:10 AM

When I first saw Encourage i thought of Serene Grace.I know its gonna be like the opposite of Serene Grace,but what I`m saying is wouldn't it be broken if it negated all effects.

Cyberglass
June 14th, 2010, 07:59 AM
When I first saw Encourage i thought of Serene Grace.I know its gonna be like the opposite of Serene Grace,but what I`m saying is wouldn't it be broken if it negated all effects.

It would be broken if it negated ALL effects besides damage, but I think it only affects status conditions that could be inflicted on the Opposing pokemon. I would hazard to guess that it won't even affect recoil damage, although it would be interesting if it prevented the confusion from using thrash.

Serene Grace
June 14th, 2010, 09:00 AM
You thought of me? Aw shucks! <3

Anyway, I agree with what XanderO and Dominus Temporis have noted. Moves like Hyper Beam's recharge effect aren't secondary but more of a reparation for using such a strong move. That and, if the recharge was absent, these moves would be overused and overpowered in battle.

So, it looks like the ability removes the chance to paralyze, burn, freeze, sleep, flinch and confuse a foe - not removing the recharge effect from Hyper Beam.

Numbers
June 14th, 2010, 05:17 PM

Thunderbolt and Flamethrower would do damage but not have a chance to paralyze/burn, because moves like that only might activate said effects.^ This ^

I couldn't explain it well.

Yeah, what he said. I think it's only status problems and moves that have a chance of lowering the opponents stats.