PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] TMs, HMs and Attacks Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Zorua
May 16th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Hopefully there isn't a thread like this

What kind of new moves would you guys like to see in this generation? We've gotten a glimpse of one so far, which inflicts damage based on stat total(I think). With that being revealed, what are your expectations for other new moves that are going to be appearing in this gen?

Zeph.
May 16th, 2010, 06:19 AM
I'd like to see a Rock type variation of something like Leaf Blade :3

Also, I like the sound of this new Claw Sharpen move. Raises attack and accuracy - finally a counter for the evasion noobs! :P

BeachBoy
May 16th, 2010, 06:25 AM
A water-type Draco Meteor. It'd be so fun.

Hydro Spout, anyone? XD

PalkiaSpace
May 16th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Also, I like the sound of this new Claw Sharpen move. Raises attack and accuracy - finally a counter for the evasion noobs! :P

YES! :D

Another move that i thought of is yknow how when you use sunny day it gets sunny fror at least 5 turns? well how about a move like solar beam that utilizes the moonlight? like when you like "Dark Night" or something along those lines, it counteracts sunny day and instead of saying, "the sun is strong" say "the stars are Twinkling" and theres a move like solarbeam to utilize that. akso at night it naturally does that :D

godrex2
May 16th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Since only the starters and dragons have a defined "ultimate move" I would like to see one for another type maybe a Psychic type move ..... Brain Blast XD

GlitchCity
May 16th, 2010, 06:35 AM
A spit attack? lol how about a loogi attack for poision types

Bluerang1
May 16th, 2010, 06:37 AM
I don't see the point of new moves. It's just an old move with a mask. I mean I don;t mind a few signature moves here and there but the current moves are fine as they are. Like I didn't see the point of Hydro Cannon, Frenzy Plant, Flare Blitz. They're like Hyper Beam with different animation and type. Though they look cool.

Timbjerr
May 16th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Different type variations of Stealth Rock. >:D

Stealth Ice, Stealth Fire, Stealth Plant, Stealth Metal...

I think they'd all have to be severely nerfed in order to not be broken. :P

Guy
May 16th, 2010, 07:20 AM
I don't see the point of new moves. It's just an old move with a mask. I mean I don;t mind a few signature moves here and there but the current moves are fine as they are. Like I didn't see the point of Hydro Cannon, Frenzy Plant, Flare Blitz. They're like Hyper Beam with different animation and type. Though they look cool.
New Moves are always something to look forward to in every new generation. It not only brings in something fresh to the games, but as of recently it also plays effect on Competitive Battling over Wi-Fi based on Pokémon and their stats. The three Elemental Beams were a nice touch. They were a different variation of Hyper Beam, but it wasn't a waste.

I'd like to see a lot of new moves come into play. Hopefully this will set up a larger move pool for those who need them - such as the Eeveelutions who are great Pokémon individually, but lack the effort of a wide move pool. :\ I'd also like to see something that plays into the whole day and night effect. Some moves made for Dark Types would be great, especially if they have some kind of benefit when dark or at night.

I'd expect about 50 new TMs to be introduced though.

...and please let Arcanine learn Earth Power this time around

Mmm, Stealth Rock is an awesome set up when starting a battle. To see some variations of it based on other types would be great. Although, I wouldn't want too much of an overload with them.

Arma
May 16th, 2010, 07:23 AM

... I don't mind more entry hazards, but if you use stealth rock, and use another one of those stealth moves it should either replace the first one or fail.

There are HP draining moves like Giga Drain and Drain Punch, but what about moves that "drain" stats?

I came up with 2 moves: War Cry(fighting) and Power Drain(electric)

War Cry raises your attack, but it scares the opponent and lowers its attack an defense
Power Drain raises your Sp. attack and lowers the opponent's Sp. attack and sp. defense

Also there should be some more moves like leech seed, more evasion raising moves and more moves that inflict never miss damage.

EmeraldSerenade
May 16th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Maybe some new entry hazards!

I like Timbjerr's idea with the different variations for SR.

I hope the have another move besides Rapid Spin to get rid of entry hazards -.-

Magic
May 16th, 2010, 07:47 AM
War Cry raises your attack, but it scares the opponent and lowers its attack an defense
Power Drain raises your Sp. attack and lowers the opponent's Sp. attack and sp. defense

These sound a bit overpowered to me, maybe if it only lowered the attack/sp. attack though.

I'm not sure about new moves but they should edit some of the already existing moves or make them for new types - I'd love to see a few more 2-step attacks.

Arma
May 16th, 2010, 07:58 AM
These sound a bit overpowered to me, maybe if it only lowered the attack/sp. attack though. You're probably right, I was just suggesting some things.

they should also introduce multi-type attacks; attacks that hit multiple times with the second hit that has a different one then the first.

Tri Attack should be an attack that hits 3 times, one of those hits should be fire, another one ice and the final one electric. Also the order in wich these types are selected should be random too, they just have to make sure they use all types though.

Dillon_68
May 16th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Aftershock- Paralyzes the opponents Pokemon the turn after it hits.

Samme!
May 16th, 2010, 08:32 AM
I'd rather not see many new moves at all, to be honest. There are so many as it is, that when I was playing HG/SS recently I discovered moves that I'd never even heard of before xD I definitely think it would be neat if there were some more moves that only a certain Pokemon can learn, however.

Timbjerr
May 16th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Wow...people think my SR variants was a good idea? I said that sarcastically and cynically. If there are so many variations, they'd naturally be nerf'd down and their competitive value lessened. XD

Of course, it could be implemented like elarmasecreta said and they can't stack up. I always though it was kinda cheap that SR could stack on top of Spikes and pretty much put a huge dent in anything that switched in.

Tyrantrum
May 16th, 2010, 04:20 PM
So, do you think they will add new TMs/HMs? Or will they just give out the same ninety-something TMs with maybe a few more new ones? Any new HMs as well?

colcolstyles
May 16th, 2010, 04:26 PM
BRING BACK FLASH!!!

No but seriously, I'm sure there will be some new field moves, though hopefully not as ridiculously useless as Flash and Defog. I don't know what else they could do though. Maybe something like Extinguish to put out impeding flames? Gee, I sure hope Game Freak is better at coming up with ideas than I am..

Volroc
May 16th, 2010, 04:26 PM
im hoping a total of 90-100TMs
and 10HMs to even things out

and i want old gen2 TMs to return:
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
& Thunder Punch
cuz we only have special attack TMs for Fire, Ice,& Electric
so a couple physical would be nice :3

oh and i hope they put TM53- Energy Ball in the store INSTEAD of Solarbeam
i tihnk the usual TMs in the stores should be found, or put in a special store (after,or at the elite4) and make room for more useful & not over powered TMs ^_^
also no TMs at game corners, since the USA is no longer givin us the game corners, we need to be able to obtain the Flamethrowers,Thundebolts, & Ice Beams :3

Haza
May 16th, 2010, 04:46 PM
VooDoo Dust - Dark [Status] -- - the user blows a sinister dust at the opponent causing a random status effect [Poisoning (Badly Poisoned), Sleep, Paralysis, Burn, Confusion, Freeze, Infatuation, Curse or Heal]

Venom Shot - Poison [Special] 50 - the user shoots a vile fluid into the opponents face. There is also a chance of Flinch or Poisoning.

Tyrantrum
May 16th, 2010, 04:53 PM
I also agree with Timbjerr, but I only like Stealth Ice and Stealth Fire. Like, a chance that you could get burned or frozen, while also doing the normal "damage-each-time-you-switch-out" thing.

Maybe something like, Iron Boots, or something. It lowers your speed, that way in can increase the power of Gyro Ball, maybe...

Amazing_NeoSteelX
May 16th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Maybe a Fire,Water,and Grass verion of Extreme Speed or Sucker Punch.
and maybe a fighting type move that: Hits all of the trainers pokemon.
Power:100 Accuracy:100
Effect: Hits all of trainers pokemon,but attack is cut in half after each pokemon it hits.
Name of Attack: Knuckle Smash

A Pixy
May 16th, 2010, 05:23 PM
I want more.

A lot more.

At least 50 more moves.

And more slots to put the moves in.

Just more decision in what you can do and how much you have.

Also, MOAR ELEMENTAL HYPER BEAMS!

TheAppleFreak
May 16th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Quite honestly, I'd like to see a Fire or Electric variation of Toxic Spikes, with changes in the status system to match (like a 2nd and 1st degree burn, or mild and severe paralysis), which basically work the same way. Entry hazards FTW.

Maybe a non-Normal priority move with decent power. I dunno.

Ωmega
May 16th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Hmm....I'm expecting about 50-75 new moves in Gen V. I'd love to see more elemental beams akin to Flamethrower and Ice Beam (Dark Shot, anyone?), more entry hazards, more counters for evasion *****s and some more elemental punches. Oh, and another status condition. Like Haunted. It'll be like Curse, but won't wear off after battle or when you switch in. OH! And another OHKO. :D

Dark Shot [Special] 95/100 - Shoots a harrowing beam of darkness. May haunt the foe.
Ring o' Fire [Other] --/-- - Shoots a ring of fire at the foes feet. Inflicts damage upon switching in.
Abyss [Special] --/30 - A harrowing darkness surrounds the foe. KOs instantly.
Moon Punch [Physical] 75/100 - A fist shrouded in darkness slams the foe. May haunt the foe.

Waffle-San
May 16th, 2010, 08:58 PM
... I don't mind more entry hazards, but if you use stealth rock, and use another one of those stealth moves it should either replace the first one or fail.

There are HP draining moves like Giga Drain and Drain Punch, but what about moves that "drain" stats?

I came up with 2 moves: War Cry(fighting) and Power Drain(electric)

Also there should be some more moves like leech seed, more evasion raising moves and more moves that inflict never miss damage.

Oh please no. SR is the reason I don't play competitive as much as I used to. I'm hoping for a move that prevents the use of entry hazards in the battle its used. Either that or make SR so that it has to be stacked!! 3 times like spikes.

I'm also hoping for a 100% accuracy rock move, Stone Edge pisses me off. :P

And what about a move that switches your pokemons type(s) with the opponent.

I like Venom Shot and Hydro Sprout (if only for the lawls. :P)

Vrai
May 16th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Wow...people think my SR variants was a good idea? I said that sarcastically and cynically. If there are so many variations, they'd naturally be nerf'd down and their competitive value lessened. XD

I don't even know why SR variants would even begin to classify as a good idea.

I want to see a few new powerful moves with interesting side-effects like Hammer Arm and such.

colcolstyles
May 16th, 2010, 09:15 PM
I'm also hoping for a 100% accuracy rock move, Stone Edge pisses me off. :P

Seconded. I'd also like to see a stronger priority move. Extremespeed is pretty cool but not many pokémon learn it and Sucker Punch's requirement really pisses me off. I suppose there has to be a trade-off between power and priority but it's frustrating how weak most priority moves are. More moves for Grass and Poison types would also be nice. Their lack of sizable movepools is one of the main reasons why I rarely ever use either of those types, though I suppose Grass was decently improved in Diamond and Pearl.

Waffle-San
May 16th, 2010, 09:18 PM
^ Oh that does remind me though, on the topic of priority moves. We need a fire type priority move please!!

Niprop
May 16th, 2010, 09:25 PM
A special version of ExtremeSpeed for artificial and mechanical Pokémon such as Magnezone and Porygon-Z.

Gamma Beam

Normal/Special

PP: 5-7
Power: 80
Accuracy: 100
Priority: +1

Fires an array of supercharged particles at the foe. This attack always goes before any other move.

Redrup
May 16th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Rather than just jamming a bunch of generically-named moves into the new generation, why not focus attention on unique moves that are only available to a single Pokémon?

It might help improve those Pokémon that never feature in anyone's team. Currently, there are very, very few of these 'unique' moves and most can be learnt by the majority of Pokémon with the same type.

colcolstyles
May 16th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Rather than just jamming a bunch of generically-named moves into the new generation, why not focus attention on unique moves that are only available to a single Pokémon?

It might help improve those Pokémon that never feature in anyone's team. Currently, there are very, very few of these 'unique' moves and most can be learnt by the majority of Pokémon with the same type.

Honestly, I don't like moves that only one pokémon can use. Unless it's their signature move (like Ditto's transform or Smeargle's Sketch), I'm generally against pokémon-specific moves. I'd rather have Game Freak focus on more general necessities, like that 100% accuracy Rock-type move.

Alternative
May 16th, 2010, 11:19 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing moves that can attack, but have different effects, like a move that attacks, but has like, 20% chance of lowering the foe's accuracy by one stage or something.

I'd also like to see a move that is different depending on the environment.
Adaption - 20/-- - Normal
Raises one of the users stats by two stages depending on the environment.

MistahDude
May 17th, 2010, 07:29 PM
I have seen some pretty cool things in pokemon ranger games, and even pokemon fire red hacks. One of them being able to ride a pokemon of your choice. That would be sweet, since I am really tired of that annoying bike sound.

Maybe the riding sound would change for certain pokemon? Wouldn't that be cool!

What do you think?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
May 17th, 2010, 08:58 PM
what about a stronger Psychic move that isn't a signature move like Psycho Destroyer damage is 120 has the accuracy of Fire blast. We should also have a water version of Magma storm called Tempest storm... nah that one sounds more like an electric move so what about Aqua Storm.

Livewire
May 17th, 2010, 10:47 PM
what about a stronger Psychic move that isn't a signature move like Psycho Destroyer damage is 120 has the accuracy of Fire blast. We should also have a water version of Magma storm called Tempest storm... nah that one sounds more like an electric move so what about Aqua Storm.

yeah I think there needs to be at least one special/physical power move for every type, especially for dark/rock/steel as they dont have many moves to begin with anyways

Arma
May 17th, 2010, 11:30 PM
If there were other types of SR, which can't be stacked, but replace each other instead, you'd have a larger chance to safely switch in things like Charizard and yanmega.

Also I kinda wondered what types of weaker moves they will include, I mean, I think they have introduce at least 100 new moves to keep things interesting.

I also think that there should be more priority moves, and maybe even give moves like extreme speed a higher priority than quick attack.

MistahDude
May 18th, 2010, 08:16 PM
No doubt there will be a set of new moves, but there are some moves that they need to make to balance other moves out.

The biggest example of this being Scizor + Technician + Bullet Punch

Scizor is not a fast pokemon, but with that priority move he can piss a bunch of people off. I am hoping for a fire type priority move. This way we can take down Scizor.

Another move they should make is a hypnosis counter move.

They should also make a move that does the opposite of foresight. A move that makes normal and fighting type moves not work against you.

What do you think?

Timbjerr
May 18th, 2010, 08:27 PM
A fire-type priority move wouldn't be too farfetch'd.

Perhaps one or two variants of Stealth Rock...Ice and Fire type...will keep the biggest OU threats in check (of course, using one will override the previous stealth trap...keep it somewhat balanced). Oh, and speaking of entry hazards, Rapid Spin needs to be more readily available or make new moves with the same effect (preferably psychic-type or ground-type)

MistahDude
May 18th, 2010, 08:36 PM
A fire-type priority move wouldn't be too farfetch'd.

Perhaps one or two variants of Stealth Rock...Ice and Fire type...will keep the biggest OU threats in check (of course, using one will override the previous stealth trap...keep it somewhat balanced). Oh, and speaking of entry hazards, Rapid Spin needs to be more readily available or make new moves with the same effect (preferably psychic-type or ground-type)

an Ice Stealth would be evil, especially if they made it have a chance of freezing!

Skaterzpenguin
May 18th, 2010, 09:12 PM
I want to see new attacks that do the same effect as seismic toss or night shade. Also could make new attacks for Fighting pokemon and choke there enemies or set them up in a head-lock position. lol

zealot
May 18th, 2010, 09:18 PM
I was thinking perhaps having hazards that aren't entry hazards, but activate during battle, maybe a steel type move that sets up mines which have a chance of being activated and inflicting damage when the opponent uses a physical attack.

Safetyfirst
May 18th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Another move they should make is a hypnosis counter move.

Protect, Detect, Wakeupslap.

Ausaudriel
May 18th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Merged MistaDude's "New Moves?" thread into the existing one by TwilightSky.

Thunderpunch
May 19th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Mewtwo should learn a Psychic move at level 100 called Worldslayer. When used, all 6 of the opponent's pokemon instantly faint, the opponent's game is erased, and a Nintendo representative is sent to their door to punch them in the face.

Volroc
May 20th, 2010, 06:40 PM
found it.

new non-normal false-swipes so its easier to lower ghost, steel, exc.

rocky505
May 20th, 2010, 10:36 PM
I think Earthquake should get a new effect that removes all entry hazards (SR, spikes, T spikes) Earthquakes sometimes tear open the ground which would cause the hazards to fall into an enormous hole. It would be an over powered RS.

SolarAbusoru
May 20th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Well I'm still wondering what that move was that Zoroark used in the movie.
also, I'd like a possible Volcano move that acts like a Fire type version of Earthquake, aka, hits every opponent in the arena including underground Pokeomn, but, unlike Earthquake, also hits Flying tyes of course, but give the move only like, 5pp and make it an ultimate move.....
or does that just copy Lava Plume?

loliwin
May 20th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Oh please no. SR is the reason I don't play competitive as much as I used to. I'm hoping for a move that prevents the use of entry hazards in the battle its used.

There is always Rapid Spin, that blows off entry hazards. Its a Normal Type move, so it wont work on Ghost Types. XD Making it a Normal Type move adds more strategy though.

Hmm.... how about Thunder Ball? Animation would be super awesome, and it could lower your attack. :D

Timbjerr
May 21st, 2010, 06:43 AM
There is always Rapid Spin, that blows off entry hazards. Its a Normal Type move, so it wont work on Ghost Types. XD Making it a Normal Type move adds more strategy though.

Hmm.... how about Thunder Ball? Animation would be super awesome, and it could lower your attack. :D

A couple pages back, I suggested psychic-, ground-, and perhaps electric-type variants of Rapid Spin. You still get the same effect, and there's a type that's immune to each of them, meaning that there'd always be an option to switch into if you're good at predicting.

Kon~
May 21st, 2010, 07:28 AM
I have seen some pretty cool things in pokemon ranger games, and even pokemon fire red hacks. One of them being able to ride a pokemon of your choice. That would be sweet, since I am really tired of that annoying bike sound.

Maybe the riding sound would change for certain pokemon? Wouldn't that be cool!

What do you think?

^ This.

Since Ranger, I have wanted a HM that would allow you to ride a Pokémon. Of course, as with any move, only certain Pokémon would learn it, but think of it as Surf... on land! Or Fly... on land! and you have the general gist of the thing. So while Pokémon like Lapras and... well, most Water-types can carry us across the water, and Flying-types can take us across the region in a flash, larger or faster land-based Pokémon can carry us from town to town. Think in respects to the anime; Ponyta and Rapidash are commonly ridden, as are Doduo and Dodrio (like Dody in PokéSpe and Doduo in Ranger), but to that you could add Pokémon like Torterra (who would be slow but could travel across more rugged grounds), Onix (likewise), perhaps even Meganium or other third-evolutions of Starters (who would be faster on smoother terrain, like roads or grass). If a feature like this isn't implemented, especially since the introduction of Walking Pokémon, as that showed us that the sprites that could be used for such a situation can easily be taken or adapted from these, I would be severely disappointed.

Sammuthegreat
May 21st, 2010, 08:10 AM
^ This.

Since Ranger, I have wanted a HM that would allow you to ride a Pokémon. Of course, as with any move, only certain Pokémon would learn it, but think of it as Surf... on land! Or Fly... on land! and you have the general gist of the thing. So while Pokémon like Lapras and... well, most Water-types can carry us across the water, and Flying-types can take us across the region in a flash, larger or faster land-based Pokémon can carry us from town to town. Think in respects to the anime; Ponyta and Rapidash are commonly ridden, as are Doduo and Dodrio (like Dody in PokéSpe and Doduo in Ranger), but to that you could add Pokémon like Torterra (who would be slow but could travel across more rugged grounds), Onix (likewise), perhaps even Meganium or other third-evolutions of Starters (who would be faster on smoother terrain, like roads or grass). If a feature like this isn't implemented, especially since the introduction of Walking Pokémon, as that showed us that the sprites that could be used for such a situation can easily be taken or adapted from these, I would be severely disappointed.

Definitely. It could be fairly easily implemented; in the same way as you get an HM at a certain point in the game to enably you to get to the next area, you could get, for example, a riding saddle to put on your Pokemon. The same could work for Fly.

Of course, the in-battle effects of the HMs should remain, but the moves should be learnable and/or TMs. It's just plain annoying to have to use up valuable move slots with awful and undeletable moves like Cut or Defog.

chinkeeyong
May 22nd, 2010, 05:35 AM
New Hyper Beam variants? Are you kidding me? 'Bug Wrecker'? 'Blast Poison'? 'Frenzy Steel'? We've had enough of those.

Apart from the moves others have already suggested, I think Electric needs a 40-power priority move - it makes sense for the fastest type in the game. If it were up to me, it would be physical and named Thunder Jolt, after Pikachu's SSBM side attack.

A slightly more far-fetched idea is a new entry hazard named Minefield, which is effectively a one-use Spikes that does damage and disappears after the next switch-in.

yung_link
May 23rd, 2010, 11:03 AM
YES! :D

Another move that i thought of is yknow how when you use sunny day it gets sunny fror at least 5 turns? well how about a move like solar beam that utilizes the moonlight? like when you like "Dark Night" or something along those lines, it counteracts sunny day and instead of saying, "the sun is strong" say "the stars are Twinkling" and theres a move like solarbeam to utilize that. akso at night it naturally does that :D

yea i thought they should make a move like that as well. they could call the move that makes it dark Eclipse, but as the move that utilizes darkness, i cant think of anything...

Sammuthegreat
May 23rd, 2010, 01:03 PM
It's difficult to name a list of new moves that I'd want, but I definitely want more variety in each type's movepool. For example, I want more Physical Fire- and Grass-type moves (so Flareon, Leafeon and Torterra get even more awesome).

Also more good Poison-type moves, full stop. Physical or Special, I don't really mind!

Arma
May 23rd, 2010, 02:51 PM
It's difficult to name a list of new moves that I'd want, but I definitely want more variety in each type's movepool. For example, I want more Physical Fire- and Grass-type moves (so Flareon, Leafeon and Torterra get even more awesome).

Also more good Poison-type moves, full stop. Physical or Special, I don't really mind!

A move like Drain Fang or something, wich I'd expect on zubat and his evolutions. Zubat is a blood sucker, but leech life really is a crappy move.

there really should be more priority moves, more special ones to be precise.

Timbjerr
May 23rd, 2010, 02:59 PM
I was considering the merits of a new weather condition earlier...Acid Rain. Working similar to Sandstorm or Hail in that it hinders every non-poison type on the field, but kinda inverse as well. Instead of damaging those not resistant to it and boosting the defense of those that are resistant to it (as Sandstorm does), Acid Rain will cut the defense of every non-poison pokemon on the field and restore health to poison pokemon a little each turn.

Poison pokemon needs some major buffs to make it more attractive and this could be a good first step. XD

Sammuthegreat
May 23rd, 2010, 03:09 PM
A move like Drain Fang or something, wich I'd expect on zubat and his evolutions. Zubat is a blood sucker, but leech life really is a crappy move.

there really should be more priority moves, more special ones to be precise.

Indeed - and it's Bug-type, making it even worse on Zubat.

Bring back Fire Punch in TM form, I say. And something like Flame Funnel, a (physical) Fire version of Giga Drain.

Haza
May 23rd, 2010, 05:12 PM
Power Drain (Physical) - Electric - 70 - The user drains the opponents health and converts it to power. The users Attack and Special Attack will be raised depending on how much health was drained.

PiPVoda
May 23rd, 2010, 06:09 PM
I swear I came across another thread just like this one and commented on it.

Regardless of that, some new moves IMO:
Shadow Bomb--it'd be basically like shadow ball but instead of shooting a ball at the foe the pokemon would create one and blast it on the ground with it spreading sort of like Dark Pulse. (looks like Zoroark was using it in one of the movie trailers.)

Aura Claw--we need more aura-like pokemon and Aura Claw should be one of their moves. Pokemon glows or shoots out this aura beam that turns into a huge claw and engulfs the foe before closing in on it with it in its grasp. Should depend on how much HP the foe has (less HP, say like half like brine more damage) and possibly how friendly the pkmn using it is with you (more friendly, better aura which translates into a stronger aura claw).

Fire Trap--like fire spin but more powerful and burns the foe if it hits and also has an attack power of maybe...60. It would strenghten if more sunlight is out, and like how Toxic creates a circle beneath the foe before blasting up Fire Trap would do the same thing but blating up a whirlpool of fire.

Enhanced whirlpool--tarps foe, yada yada but it should also create a huge tornado of water around the foe striking it with it and inflicting greater damage than it already does.
Enhanced Dive--make it a one-turn move, dive below water and strike the foe fast from beneath in a combination of dive+aqua jet basically

Åzurε
May 23rd, 2010, 07:30 PM
I'm all for a couple more Aura attacks, but not too many. Gotta keep it special, after all.

Need more bug moves...

Parasitic Sting (needs a better name)
Bug/Physical
60-90 Base Damage
Has a chance of causing Infected status (IFT), which drains a random percentage of the opponent's HP (say, 1%-5%, or something), and applies a random +1 stat boost to the user every turn.

Bloothump
May 23rd, 2010, 08:09 PM
Hmm, one thing I would like to see make a come-back is starter-signature moves from the third gen. Not super move-tutor ones, It was blaze kick for blaziken, Muddy Water for Swampert and Leaf Blade for Grovyle. As far as I know, no other pokemon learned those moves in RSE.

Also, I had an idea for some rare TM that an NPC could give you. Something like "Soul Blast" or "Heart Power" where the move is ??? typed, and takes on the type of the pokemon you teach it to. It could either have a high power, like 100, or, like Return be based on Happiness. Of course, it'sbe special, so that would kind of seperate it from Return.

Myles
May 23rd, 2010, 11:28 PM
I'd definitely like to see a Grass version of Flamethrower, Thunderbollt and Ice Beam. And not just around the same power, but be a Game Corner TM too. Solar Beam is really weak without Sunny Day, so without this, Grass just comes of as... ugh.

I'd also like a more powerful version of Rapid Spin that's a TM (and thus can be taught to a lot of Pokemon), to help counter Stealth Rock. That move is broken.

fenyx4
May 24th, 2010, 07:32 AM
I'm hoping for another powerful Fire move aside from Fire Blast, Flare Blitz, Heat Wave, and Blast Burn (I have my reasons :D)

An Acid Rain weather condition would be nice...

A move that induces fog but actually has a purpose...

A mildly powerful Flying-type move that can be utilized by non-bird Pokemon! I've always wanted Rayquaza to learn something powerful along the lines of Sky Attack to reinforce his status as a Legendary dominating the skies, but got disappointed by the move tutor listing in HGSS...

As for abilities, I'm hoping for a slow legendary with an ability that activates the effect of Trick Room, as well as a legendary that activates the effects of Gravity with an ability (similar to how the Weather Trio possess weather condition-inducing abilities). I prefer that abilities alter the weather only go to legendaries...

Claw Sharpen is an awesome name for a move, and its effect is nice too! Double-Teaming Blisseys are finally going down for the count when I unleash Zoroark! :D

myrrh25
May 24th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Seconded. I'd also like to see a stronger priority move. Extremespeed is pretty cool but not many pokémon learn it and Sucker Punch's requirement really pisses me off. I suppose there has to be a trade-off between power and priority but it's frustrating how weak most priority moves are. More moves for Grass and Poison types would also be nice. Their lack of sizable movepools is one of the main reasons why I rarely ever use either of those types, though I suppose Grass was decently improved in Diamond and Pearl.

You've obviously never played against a Technician Bullet Punch Scizor >_<

Lanturnista
May 24th, 2010, 08:13 AM
This isn't something I normally really think about. However, I'd like them to have a new HM called Leaf Cutter (or something) that replaces Cut. Unlike Cut, it would actually be good. Similar to Razor Leaf, but more powerful (maybe). Maybe it could be used for more than Cut trees, like to clear whole patches of Grass (like Cut used to to, only better), various other obstacles and maybe even certain non-Cut trees.

Doppelgänger
May 24th, 2010, 11:04 AM
I'd like a move that would freeze your foe immediately, rather than hoping for it to happen. Something like how Will-O-Wisp burns your foe.

Livewire
May 24th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Hmm, one thing I would like to see make a come-back is starter-signature moves from the third gen. Not super move-tutor ones, It was blaze kick for blaziken, Muddy Water for Swampert and Leaf Blade for Grovyle. As far as I know, no other pokemon learned those moves in RSE.

Also, I had an idea for some rare TM that an NPC could give you. Something like "Soul Blast" or "Heart Power" where the move is ??? typed, and takes on the type of the pokemon you teach it to. It could either have a high power, like 100, or, like Return be based on Happiness. Of course, it'sbe special, so that would kind of seperate it from Return.

that would really be an awesome idea! they should make a special and physical variant of it too. and everybody should be able to learn it.

i thinl we also need more powerful dark/steel moves. Crunch is base 80, and iron tail is base 100, but with crappy accuracy. actually just MORE dark and steel moves, and some more damaging rock and bug moves would be nice. and more physical fire moves. *flare blitz flareon FTW*

Azzurra
May 24th, 2010, 10:31 PM
I wouldn't mind some more Ghost type moves. Hopefully we'll also get some more Steel type moves too. They're both lacking as far as I'm concerned.

King of Boos
May 24th, 2010, 11:03 PM
A move that's like curse cept it raises the special stats and lowers speed.

A move like dragon dance cept it raises the special atk not atk.

Xyrin
May 25th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Discuss new moves here. I'm thinking about a move where your Pokemon faints in 3 turns but it's attack goes up 5 stages. They could call it Adrenaline rush. The same with a Special attack one.

You could use it for a final stand.

Bloothump
May 25th, 2010, 02:52 PM
There's already a thread for this, expect it to be merged.

Cherrim
May 25th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Discuss new moves here. I'm thinking about a move where your Pokemon faints in 3 turns but it's attack goes up 5 stages. They could call it Adrenaline rush. The same with a Special attack one.

You could use it for a final stand.
Merged thread in with the previous "new moves" thread.

EmeraldSerenade
May 25th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Another move that can get rid of entry hazards and can actually do some damage .-.

It should have a low amount of PP though, to keep the balance, maybe 5? haha.

Sammuthegreat
May 26th, 2010, 02:06 AM
http://pokefactory.pokemology.com/movelist.php

Some really innovative ideas there.

Ninja Caterpie
May 26th, 2010, 02:14 AM
I like Timbjerr's Acid Rain idea, but that could be a tad overpowered... Defense lowered a stage for every Pokemon in the rain? D:

There could also be more priority moves - Lightning Jab for Electric.

Or Lightning Helix as an Electric type Sand Tomb or Whirlpool.

chaos11011
May 26th, 2010, 03:52 AM
We need a non damaging Freeze Status Move

Blueknight
May 26th, 2010, 02:19 PM
I'd like to see some stronger Physical attacks for the Water, Grass, Ice, and Electric types. I would also like to see a stronger ghost/dark attack.

They should make a physical judgement attack for arceus, on top of its special one.

shengar
May 27th, 2010, 07:52 AM
A signature attack for the brand new pseudo-legendary

GoldvsRed
May 27th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I want a Move like Sing or Grass Whistle, but for Freezing. Perhaps it could be called Cryogenics? I dunno'.

Dragonika
May 27th, 2010, 10:50 AM
They should make more 1 hit k.o moves atleat 2 more

maybeeeee...

1st. K.o Claw
2nd. Ultimate bash

:D they would be cool i guess?

chezhead
May 27th, 2010, 11:00 AM
I got a couple.

Transparency. It could be a ability as well, I don't know. It's a Ghost move that makes it so no Physical attacks can damage you, but your speed and accuracy are cut in half and all special attacks do double damage. If it was an ability, it could also cause spikes and stealth rocks to not damage you coming in. PP 10

Extremebeam This is like Hyper beam, but has a power of 300. It simply causes damage, but you fall asleep and lose half your current life. (Normal Attack) PP 5

Douse. This one is a move that douses the entire battlefield, and hurts anything that is weak against fire and heals anything that is resistant against it. It also cure burns. PP 15

Dragon Typhoon, Much like rollout, this move keeps going and going, but does a flat 40 damage the first and second turns, but on the third turn, does a whopping 80 damage on the spot, but puts the user asleep. If this misses, the user is damaged a bit and goes to sleep. PP 10

Overkill, This move attacks any person in the battle at random, and does 50 damage to them. PP 10

Powerup raises all the user's stats sharply, but makes the user immobile the next turn. (*Pokemon* is rebooting!) PP 5

Reboot restores the user's stat changes, the user's HP, and removes status changes, but the user has to ready the attack before it and has to recharge afterward. PP 5

Evil Eye lowers the opponent's speed and accuracy, and causes them to be 50% more likely to flinch, but lowers the user's defence and spec. defence. PP 10

High Throw is a move that throws the opponent far away, causing him to be in the air the first turn of the attack, and then lands on the 2nd turn with heavy damage. PP 5

NatureKeeper
May 27th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Elemental Ring.

Power: 90
Class: Special
Accuracy: ---

This move will be an offensive move for pure fire types, like Charmeleon, for example. For Lanturn, for example, it will be a water move with an added paralysis effect. Electric types will have an offensive Electric and Paralyzing. Electric\Steel is a steel offense with electric added effect.

Claw of Illusion -> (It might be already known, but it is from my friends that this is Zoroark's signature move, so it is an untrusted source.

Power: 100
Class: Physical
Accuracy: 95

SkieTheKitsune
June 19th, 2010, 08:44 PM
This is gonna sound totally out there, but I'd like to see a move that would make all attacking moves Physical or Special for a certain amount of turns.

It'd be difficult for those types of Pokemon who excel in the opposite type of attacking stat.

Jerme
June 19th, 2010, 09:05 PM
there should be a move called rewind and it un-does anything that happened the previous turn (EDIT) and anything that was done in the previous turn cannot be used the next turn. 1/1 pp and cannot be pp upped.

learners:
arceus
celebi
dialga
mew
ledian

nuclear explosion: pokemon explodes. 1-hit k0 to opponent and every other pokemon in both trainers teams become badly poisoned. wild pokemon in the area it was used have pokerus and are deformed. once used, it deletes off pokemons move list.

SkieTheKitsune
June 19th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Nuclear Explosion sounds a teeny bit ridiculous, in my personal opinion. >_> Plus something like that would be impossible to do. The Rewind move actually sounds pretty cool, though.

On a related note, there needs to be a few more moves like Lava Plume and Discharge for other types, like, for example, one for Poison-types. It hits all Pokémon on the field, and has a chance of poisoning them. It would be best used when paired up with a Steel type. :3

Miasma sounds like a good name, amirite? >;D

Ninja Caterpie
June 19th, 2010, 10:12 PM
I got a couple.

Transparency. It could be a ability as well, I don't know. It's a Ghost move that makes it so no Physical attacks can damage you, but your speed and accuracy are cut in half and all special attacks do double damage. If it was an ability, it could also cause spikes and stealth rocks to not damage you coming in. PP 10

Extremebeam This is like Hyper beam, but has a power of 300. It simply causes damage, but you fall asleep and lose half your current life. (Normal Attack) PP 5

Douse. This one is a move that douses the entire battlefield, and hurts anything that is weak against fire and heals anything that is resistant against it. It also cure burns. PP 15

Dragon Typhoon, Much like rollout, this move keeps going and going, but does a flat 40 damage the first and second turns, but on the third turn, does a whopping 80 damage on the spot, but puts the user asleep. If this misses, the user is damaged a bit and goes to sleep. PP 10

Overkill, This move attacks any person in the battle at random, and does 50 damage to them. PP 10

Powerup raises all the user's stats sharply, but makes the user immobile the next turn. (*Pokemon* is rebooting!) PP 5

Reboot restores the user's stat changes, the user's HP, and removes status changes, but the user has to ready the attack before it and has to recharge afterward. PP 5

Evil Eye lowers the opponent's speed and accuracy, and causes them to be 50% more likely to flinch, but lowers the user's defence and spec. defence. PP 10

High Throw is a move that throws the opponent far away, causing him to be in the air the first turn of the attack, and then lands on the 2nd turn with heavy damage. PP 5

Some of those are nice, but...some are just way too weak. "Whopping" 80 base power? I'd much rather use two Dragon Claws. 50 Base Power from Overkill? I'd rather use Cut, it can hit who I choose, too. Extreme Beam is just bad. Taking half your life AND sleep? Pick one or the other.

SkieTheKitsune
June 19th, 2010, 10:30 PM
I think maybe he meant that Overkill deals specifically 50 points of damage to a random Pokémon, not 50 base damage. You know, like Dragon Rage or Sonicboom- except it's random.

Also, Douse doesn't make much sense either. A move that hurts grass, bug, ice and steel types but heals water, rock, ground and dragon types? Would this move work like weather effects where it stays active on the field for a few turns, or would it work only once each turn?

Jerme
June 20th, 2010, 11:06 AM
ignore: pokemon ignores trainer commands and does whatever it wants. sharply raises a random stat.

cheat: pokemon takes a random item out trainers bag and uses it either to attack, heal itself, or accidently heal opponent. if it takes out your bike it will ride it into the oppenent cause massive damage but have recoil

super charge: pokemon takes half of every stat and adds each it into which one you choose

hell: fire version of destiny bond

wonder eye: even though better off as an ability, allows you to see how much health your opponent has.

Storm_has_formed
June 20th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Mewtwo should learn a Psychic move at level 100 called Worldslayer. When used, all 6 of the opponent's pokemon instantly faint, the opponent's game is erased, and a Nintendo representative is sent to their door to punch them in the face.
the level of win from this post is too much!!! You sir have won the internet :)

Calder
June 20th, 2010, 11:48 AM
~Moves~

Name: Cryostasis
Type: Ice
Power: --
Class: Other
PP: 5
Accuracy: --
Effect: Freeze opponent's Pokemon.

I'd like to see some stronger Physical attacks for the Water, Grass, Ice, and Electric types. I would also like to see a stronger ghost/dark attack.

They should make a physical judgement attack for arceus, on top of its special one.

Name: Aqua Punch
Type: Water
Power: 75
PP: 15
Effect: May Lower Target's Accuracy.

Name: Mega Injection
Type: Grass
Effect: Heal 1/2 the damage you deal.

Name: Cryo Ball
Power: 70
Effect: May Lower Target's Defense and SP Defense.

Name: Lightning Stab
Type: Electric
PP: 10
Accuracy: 70
Effect: May Increase User's Speed.

This is gonna sound totally out there, but I'd like to see a move that would make all attacking moves Physical or Special for a certain amount of turns.

It'd be difficult for those types of Pokemon who excel in the opposite type of attacking stat.

Name: Alternation
Type: Normal
Effect: Physically moves are Special and vice versa for 5 turns.

nuclear explosion: pokemon explodes. 1-hit k0 to opponent and every other pokemon in both trainers teams become badly poisoned. wild pokemon in the area it was used have pokerus and are deformed. once used, it deletes off pokemons move list.

Name: Nuke
Type: Poison
Effect: If the attack hits both the user and the target faint and all other Non-Poison or Steel type Pokemon involved in the battle are Poisoned (replaces any other status)

On a related note, there needs to be a few more moves like Lava Plume and Discharge for other types, like, for example, one for Poison-types. It hits all Pokémon on the field, and has a chance of poisoning them. It would be best used when paired up with a Steel type. :3

Name: Miasma
Effect: Hits-All - May Induce Poisoning. (On a related note to your related note...We need a Poison/Steel type Pokemon haha amirite?)

Name: Fyrestorm (Fire Storm)
Type: Fire
Effect: Weather Effect - Constant Fire-type Damage every turn for X turns getting stronger each turn. (I Had This In My Hack In 2006-2007, Flash Fire abuse.)

~Abilities~

Specialist: Accuracy and PP increase with moves with the same type. (You Know You Want It)

Drainer: Increases HP increased from draining attacks by 2. (So You Heal The Same Amount As You Dealt) (Vampire Grass/Dark Type Anyone?)

Inject/Doctor: Grass-type moves have a chance to heal you for 1/2 the damage they inflect. (Ditto (Non-Pokemon Ditto) on the Vampire)

Genius: Increases chance of moves secondary effects to activate and lowers the damage of the attack by 1/4.

Berserk: Chance attack with do x1.5 damage, if user loses health equal to 1/4 of the damage it dealt. (Small Chance)

Demolishionist: If the user uses Seledestruct, Explosion, etc. user is left with 5% of their max health and that attack is weakened by 1/4. Unaffected by Poisoning from Nuke.

MistahDude
June 20th, 2010, 11:50 AM

I like this idea. It would require a lot of strategy to use it right in the Meta Game.

southharmon
June 20th, 2010, 10:38 PM
i don't care how many new moves as long as zap cannon and dynamicpunch are tms again

Esmas
June 21st, 2010, 02:27 PM
I enjoy signature moves. More of those, please.

AceDragonite
June 21st, 2010, 02:48 PM
Maybe a Psychical Psychic Type move like Psycho Cut that has a base damage of 120 since most PSY's have bad attack. If they made a medicham evo in BW then it would beast with that attack.
Also, maybe a variation of ancientpower with a base damage of 120, although only one pokemon learned it leveling up.

EmeraldSerenade
June 21st, 2010, 02:49 PM
More moves for certain pokemon only please. That'd be pretty cool.

SkieTheKitsune
June 21st, 2010, 02:55 PM
(On a related note to your related note...We need a Poison/Steel type Pokemon haha amirite?)

Yes, we do. While having another pokemon that's 4X weak against Ground isn't exactly a good thing, it would be awesome.

Also, another move I thought up:

Mercury Bomb
Steel (Special)
Power: 60
Drops liquid mercury on the foe, has a chance of poisoning them.

Cyndahog
June 21st, 2010, 04:33 PM
ignore: pokemon ignores trainer commands and does whatever it wants. sharply raises a random stat.

There's already Acupressure.

Anyway..

I'd like an ice typed Double Edge.
Could be called bobsleigh.

'Twould be nice against all the annoying dragons out there.

Jerme
June 21st, 2010, 04:56 PM

Anyway..

i thought acupressure raised accuracy.. but i only seen wild doduos do it

and this sn't a move, but there should be a status called injury, caused by fighting types. when u do a physical move, you lose health.

SkieTheKitsune
June 21st, 2010, 05:02 PM

and this sn't a move, but there should be a status called injury, caused by fighting types. when u do a physical move, you lose health.

Accupressure sharply raises a random stat.

Also you never answered my question, chezhead. <_<

Weavile05
June 21st, 2010, 05:07 PM
Whoever said something about the physical judgement...
ElementSlam
PP:10
Accuracy: (whatever judgement has)
Effect: changes type with held plate. Has a chance of causin status condition depending on the type (fire=burn electric=paralyze poison=poison ice=freeze normal(?)=confuse or infatuation ghost=flinch did I miss any?)

Jerme
June 21st, 2010, 05:09 PM
Accupressure sharply raises a random stat.

Also you never answered my question <_<

hm what question? i dont see one.

Calder
June 21st, 2010, 05:27 PM

Name: Cryostasis
Effect: Freeze opponent's Pokemon.

Name: Aqua Punch
Effect: May Lower Target's Accuracy.

Name: Mega Injection
Type: Grass
Effect: Heal 1/2 the damage you deal.

Name: Cryo Ball
Effect: May Lower Target's Defense and SP Defense.

Name: Lightning Stab
Accuracy: 70
Effect: May Increase User's Speed.

Name: Alternation
Effect: Physically moves are Special and vice versa for 5 turns.

Name: Nuke
Effect: If the attack hits both the user and the target faint and all other Non-Poison or Steel type Pokemon involved in the battle are Poisoned (replaces any other status)

Name: Miasma
Effect: Hits-All - May Induce Poisoning. (On a related note to your related note...We need a Poison/Steel type Pokemon haha amirite?)

Maybe a Psychical Psychic Type move like Psycho Cut that has a base damage of 120 since most PSY's have bad attack. If they made a medicham evo in BW then it would beast with that attack.
Also, maybe a variation of ancientpower with a base damage of 120, although only one pokemon learned it leveling up.

Name: Brain Force
Type: Psychic
Power: 120
PP: 20
Effect: Chance to confuse the user.

Name: Forgotten Power
Effect: Lowers targets Atk, Def, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, and Spd.

Mewtwo's Forgotten Power from Lv 100 to replace Aura Sphere which replaces Psychic which replaces Psycho Cut anyone?

Anyway..

Name: Stalactite Rush
Effect: Recoils.

Acupressure (http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-dp/acupressure.shtml) is a random stat, I remember from the abuse I did with Skorpi...

Name: Injured
Type: Fighting
PP: 30
Effect: Target inflected with Injury causing it to lose 1/16 of its health whenever it uses a Physical move. Increases user's Defense.

Name: Boggled
Effect: Target inflected with Boggle causing it to lose 1/16 of its health whenever it uses a Special move. Increases user's SP. Defense.

Name: Fyrestorm (Fire Storm)
Effect: Weather Effect - Constant Fire-type Damage every turn for X turns getting stronger each turn. (I Had This In My Hack In 2006-2007, Flash Fire abuse.)

Name: Physical Swap
Effect: Switches Atk and Def with target.

Name: Special Swap
Effect: Switches SP. Atk and SP. Def with target.

Specialist: Accuracy and PP increase with moves with the same type. (You Know You Want It)

Drainer: Increases HP increased from draining attacks by 2. (So You Heal The Same Amount As You Dealt) (Vampire Grass/Dark Type Anyone?)

Inject/Doctor: Grass-type moves have a chance to heal you for 1/2 the damage they inflect. (Ditto (Non-Pokemon Ditto) on the Vampire)

Genius: Increases chance of moves secondary effects to activate and lowers the damage of the attack by 1/4.

Berserk: Chance attack with do x1.5 damage, if so user loses health equal to 1/4 of the damage it dealt. (Small Chance)

Demolishionist: If the user uses Seledestruct, Explosion, etc. user is left with 5% of their max health and that attack is weakened by 1/4. Unaffected by Poisoning from Nuke.

SkieTheKitsune
June 21st, 2010, 05:44 PM
hm what question? i dont see one.

Oh, wait, that was directed towards a different person. My bad. :P

BleuVII
June 21st, 2010, 07:26 PM

yea i thought they should make a move like that as well. they could call the move that makes it dark Eclipse, but as the move that utilizes darkness, i cant think of anything...

Absolutely! I thought of a move like this, and I also originally called it Eclipse, but I don't like that name much. Either way, one of the best things about Sunny Day was that it was specifically used by people combo-ing it with Solar Beam and Synthesis, which were both Grass type moves. (EDIT: I guess Morning Sun and Moonlight were possible combos too.) So, in essence, it posed a risk in making them even more vulnerable to Fire type moves. I'd like to see this new move do the same thing. How about this:

Starry Night
Type: Dark
Category: Weather
Pwr/Acc: --
Effect: Activates Starlight weather effect for 5 turns (8 turns with Evening Rock equipped). Powers up Dark type moves by 50%. Doubles the occurrence of secondary effects like lowering accuracy or causing poison.
Secondary Effect: Can be comboed with Moonlight <normal> to restore 2/3 of HP (Moonlight's previous combo with Sunny Day can no longer be used), can be comboed with Night Shade <ghost> to double the effect.

I also understand the animosity towards the Hyper Beam variations, but I'd like to see one more for Electric type which can be learned by the following Stage 2 evolutions: Raichu, Ampharos, and Luxray. Call it Volt Barrage.

And one last thing. Thunder, Fire Blast, Blizzard, and Solar Beam are all TMs that you can buy in the Dept. Store. Make Hydro Pump a TM! It's pathetic that the strongest Water TMs are Water Pulse (base pwr 60) and Brine (base pwr 65)!

farage5
June 22nd, 2010, 02:38 PM
Magnet Force
Acc: 80%
Effects:

Uses a magnetic force to attack the chosen target.
x1.5 damage if user is holding a magnet
x0.5 damage recoils if used by a Steel-Type Pokemon.
x2 damage if target is Steel-Type.
Steel-Type Pokemon can't be switched/run.

Description: A move that magnetizes any nearby objects.

Dragon Might
Type: Dragon
Power: N/A
Acc: 100%
Effects:

Raises all of user's stats by 1 stage.
x2 power for next five moves.

Description: Unleash the power of the ancient dragons!

Sacrifice
Type: Ghost
Acc: 50%
Effects:

User faints
User's whole team will gain 1/(Number of Pokemon in Team) of user's hp before "Sacrifice" was used.

Description: The user will sacrifice itself to save the team.

Mystic Loop
Power: 40
Effects:

Attacks opponents entire team.
Confuses target.
Confuses all other of opponent's Pokemon when they come out.
If an opponent Pokemon is sent out again, they won't be confused.

Description: A confusing loop will attack the opponent's entire team.

Solar Will
Effects:
Fire-Type and Grass-Type only:

Raises Att by 2 Stages.
Raises Sp. Att. by 2 Stages.
Lowers Def. by 2 Stages.
Lowers Sp. Def. by 2 Stages.

Other Types:

Raises Att by 1 Stage.
Raises Sp. Att. by 1 Stage.
Lowers Def. by 1 Stage.
Lowers Sp. Def. by 1 Stage

Description: The user will use the power of the sun.

Lunar Will
Effects:
Dark-Type and Ghost-Type only:

Raises Att by 2 Stages.
Raises Sp. Att. by 2 Stages.
Lowers Def. by 2 Stages.
Lowers Sp. Def. by 2 Stages.

Other Types:

Raises Att by 1 Stage.
Raises Sp. Att. by 1 Stage.
Lowers Def. by 1 Stage.
Lowers Sp. Def. by 1 Stage

Description: The user will use the power of the moon.

Final Exam
Acc: N/A
Effects:

Never misses.
Causes user to use "Struggle" for 2-5 turns.

Description: The target will be forced to take a difficult test.

Berserk Fist
Power: 200
Acc: 70%
PP:20
Effects:

Takes 2 turns.
Turn 1: Unleash the strength of "Berserk Fist."
Turn 2: Att. and Def. Lowers by 1 Stage.
Confuses user afterward.

For everyone who doesn't know this, 255 is the max power a move can have because of bytes or something.

Esmas
June 22nd, 2010, 05:11 PM
Which HMs would you like to see usable outside of battle in the Pokémon Black and White Versions? Do you want to see some old HMs return to us, like Dive, Defog, Whirlpool, and others? Tell me your thoughts. Give us your ideas on any new HMs that you think might appear in the games.

I'd certainly enjoy seeing Dive and almost every other HM to return, but Defog and Whirlpool were entirely pointless ideas imo >:

vietazn654
June 22nd, 2010, 05:17 PM
I dunno if I'm wrong or not, but isn't there a thread on this already? But anyways, I want Cut, Defog, and Rock Climb to get out. Especially Cut.

Reshiram Man
June 22nd, 2010, 05:19 PM
a new one called ice skate that lets you skate on frozen bodies of water

Reshiram Man
June 22nd, 2010, 05:36 PM
i want a move called Blaze Storm

enderalex
June 22nd, 2010, 06:48 PM
how about sodder?
you know, you walk up to a tv and its all broken you sodder it and it gets fixed and you get a freakin item/pokemon/something cool :)

and make it actually useful in battle, i always hated that about HMs the only good one was like fly and surf, and even then its iffy

Lolfish
June 22nd, 2010, 06:54 PM
Take out Defog and Flash! I thought dive was interesting, since you can also find different pokemon underwater.
Lava surf as in Almia, that was interesting bonus. :D

cystar
June 22nd, 2010, 06:56 PM
How bout for a new hm jump to jump over crakcs

Gumball Watterson
June 22nd, 2010, 07:05 PM
There will certainly be a new HM in the games. It would be interesting to have a lava based move. But I guess it'd be extremely violent in-game.

MistahDude
June 22nd, 2010, 07:14 PM
Forget bikes! I want RIDE! I want to be able to ride on my pokemon.

Amew
June 22nd, 2010, 07:16 PM
Be cool if Stomp was an HM. And they made it powerful.

n64benowitz177
June 22nd, 2010, 07:26 PM
I think they should make explosion an hm that when used outside of battle they don't make your pokemon faint, but it would open up cracks in walls and allow you to explore tunnels. But it would be really annoying having it in your active party during the main story though.

Hypno
June 22nd, 2010, 08:02 PM

can't you do that already without an HM?

o0PinkSquid0o
June 22nd, 2010, 08:08 PM
I hope they get rid of HM's all together and figure out some other way to move boulders or cut down trees like any pokemon above 100kg can automatically move a boulder, or any water pokemon can climb a waterfall or go over a whirlpool.
But you dont get these abilities straight away, you'd have to complete some sort of task through certain parts of the game to unlock them or something... I 'unno, I just don't want HMs any more

Numbers
June 23rd, 2010, 12:19 AM
I remember discussing this ages ago and someone said "Jump" (I think someone actually also said it in this thread) but instead of "Jump" it would be cool if "Bounce" was a HM, for like getting over little cracks and stuff. That'd be cool, though it'd be cooler to just get rid of all the HM's all together :P

BleuVII
June 23rd, 2010, 10:51 AM
Sacrifice
Acc: 50%
Effects:

User faints
User's whole team will gain 1/(Number of Pokemon in Team) of user's hp before "Sacrifice" was used.

Description: The user will sacrifice itself to save the team.

Yes, but in a freak accident, Game Freak makes Shedinja the only pokemon that can learn it. :D

With the HMs, I would like to see a couple of things. First is upgradable HMs. So:
Rock Smash gets upgraded to Strength
Surf gets upgraded to Waterfall, Whirlpool, or Dive
And YES to being able to ride a pokemon

Stuff like that. I'd also like it if each pokemon had four regular moves plus a field move slot. You'd still have to customize your team based on field moves, but they wouldn't take up an attack slot anymore.

Jerme
June 23rd, 2010, 11:55 AM

no no, that needs to be an item. like bike (but i wold like ride better)

and i think all moves (cept movez like roar of time) should be TMS. would like to use forgotten moves, like tri attack, mega punch, zap cannon,

Dark Piplup
June 23rd, 2010, 12:40 PM
I like Bleu's idea of four moves and then a field move slot but then pokemon couldn't have multiple field moves. That would stink.

Livewire
June 23rd, 2010, 01:21 PM
no no, that needs to be an item. like bike (but i wold like ride better)

and i think all moves (cept movez like roar of time) should be TMS. would like to use forgotten moves, like tri attack, mega punch, zap cannon,

id love for zap cannon to be a TM again. i think it would be great if they finally made a master tm list, with all the TMs from the previous generations. or make a new move tutor who exclusively teaches previous gen TMs.

farage5
June 23rd, 2010, 03:51 PM
I saw somewhere on Bulbapedia that Nintendo intended to make the Surfboard, instead of having an HM, but they deleted the item data. You can still get it with a glitch or something on RB. I don't remember if it was in Yellow, though.

An Imperialist named Dak
June 25th, 2010, 05:42 AM
I believe they should combine rock smash and brick break together, keep the same power as brick break and keep as an HM, but if they do that, what would happen to the Brick Break TM? Maybe make it into force palm and whenever the Brick Break TM goes to Black or White, it changes into force palm.

what other moves deserve a makeover?

Sydian
June 25th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Strength should be a fighting type move and this should be in BW. So, away it goes. Now, I'm getting outta here.

tvoza2
June 25th, 2010, 08:43 AM
also combine cut and slash

rocky505
June 25th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Stealth Rock should do less damage than what it does.

Sammuthegreat
June 25th, 2010, 02:14 PM
GET RID OF HMs!!!!

Erm, other than that... Lava Plume is pretty pointless when Flamethrower and Heat Wave are about. Get rid of one of them or at least make it so there's a bit of a difference in their power/accuracy/effects.

Also on the Fire-type theme, more Physical Fire attacks for my Arcanine and my Flareon please. And more Special Fighting attacks for my Infernape and my Blaziken please.

Also, Assurance and Payback? Bit unnecessary...

MistahDude
June 25th, 2010, 02:16 PM
The only thing they ever do with moves is to change their types. I would like Strength to be fighting.

Sammuthegreat
June 25th, 2010, 02:31 PM
The only thing they ever do with moves is to change their types. I would like Strength to be fighting.

Not true.

List of moves that changed in attack power (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_moves_that_changed_in_attack_power)

There are some moves whose effects have changed between generations as well, like Rest (duration of sleep), but I can't find a good list of them all just at the moment...

BleuVII
June 25th, 2010, 02:48 PM
I think "Splash" should be a Water Type attack with a base power of 200. :P [/sarcasm]

Hmmm... other than that, I agree that HMs need to die. I like the idea of field movement abilities, but not when they take up a valuable attack slot and can't ever be erased.

And, I've said this on another thread, but I think that Hydro Pump should be a TM.

miakemi
June 25th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Get rid of Flash. Other HM's don't bother me, but Flash was a terrible idea.

Haowakeorden
June 25th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Most of the two-turn attacks should have their power increased. Dig, Dive, Razor Wind, etc. - their power isn't even as good as many similar one-turn attacks.

Get rid of Flash. Other HM's don't bother me, but Flash was a terrible idea.
Flash hasn't been an HM since Diamond and Pearl.

I like the idea of field movement abilities, but not when they take up a valuable attack slot and can't ever be erased.
Ever heard of the Move Deleter? First appeared in Gold and Silver, appeared in every game since then.

Niprop
June 25th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Revert Hyper Beam (and it's Elemental Variations) to old mechanics. AKA: Make it act as if the target's Special Defense in cut in half upon hitting, and no recharging if the target is KOed/Destroyed.

Increase Thrash's and Petal Dance's power to 120, to match them up with Outrage.

Demote Defog into a TM.

Volroc
June 25th, 2010, 07:30 PM
i think they should change splash into raisin evasion, since it seems to do it anyways

also they should make HM moves stronger so they are worth while

and surf should NOT hit your teammate in double battles that was a major WTF to me in gen4

and waterfall needs to have base power 95-120
since water doesnt have any good physical attacks :P

also get rid of safeguard, light screen, reflect, exc. TMs
those moves are too common,& over powerin in competitive play, need to balance it out by makin those moves harder to find.

and replace them with useful moves like:
hydro cannon, frenzy plant, & blast burn

then toss overheat and get nasty plot

then turn all HMs into TMs, or Key Items
or just put them aside as HMs but add sum new TMs :P
i wanna see Fire,Ice,& Thunder Punch as TMs again :D

MistahDude
June 25th, 2010, 07:35 PM
i think they should change splash into raisin evasion, since it seems to do it anyways

also they should make HM moves stronger so they are worth while

and surf should NOT hit your teammate in double battles that was a major WTF to me in gen4

and waterfall needs to have base power 95-120
since water doesnt have any good physical attacks :P

also get rid of safeguard, light screen, reflect, exc. TMs
those moves are too common,& over powerin in competitive play, need to balance it out by makin those moves harder to find.

and replace them with useful moves like:
hydro cannon, frenzy plant, & blast burn

then toss overheat and get nasty plot

then turn all HMs into TMs, or Key Items
or just put them aside as HMs but add sum new TMs :P
i wanna see Fire,Ice,& Thunder Punch as TMs again :D

Aqua Tail and Waterfall are already good enough as it is.

pokejungle
June 25th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Some new rumored moves:

Nitro Charge (ニトロチャージ) a fire attack that can raise speed
Shell Blade (シェルブレード) a water attack that can lower defense
Grass Mixer (グラスミキサー) a grass attack that has a yet-to-be-known extra effect

Translated some other rumors (http://pokejungle.net/2010/06/25/more-2ch-gossip-translated/) from 2ch as well.

Azure-Supernova
June 26th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Forget just new moves, they need to fix battle mechanics. I mean a Geodude is not on the ground but still gets KO'd by Earthquake? Gengar is standing on the ground but doesn't get hit?

Saying that, how about something like False Swipe or giving each status effect two different stages. So for example the Static ability would cause minor Paralysis, but Thunder Wave would cause major Paralysis.

Weavile05
June 26th, 2010, 12:38 PM
in hgss, geodude was on the ground. They need a move similar to Frenzy Plant and co. for every type.

Jerme
June 26th, 2010, 01:14 PM
i think any move with attack power of 90 or above should have 90-95 accuracy, like psychic.

c'mon, look at moves like octazooka. 65 attack power, 85 accuracy and chance of lowering oppent accuracy. while psychic has 90 attack power, 100 accuracy and can lower defense

either replace HM cut with slash, or make slash able to cut down trees too.

i think i said this already, but all moves except for legend moves should be TMs, i would like to see forgotton moves again, like zap cannon, mega punch, tri attack. and people that teach pokemon moves like metronome in r/b/y

Azure-Supernova
June 26th, 2010, 01:22 PM
either replace HM cut with slash, or make slash able to cut down trees too.

I'm all in favour of getting rid of HM's all together, making them all moves that can be learned through leveling or be bought in stores. But most of them are pretty redundant in battle.

Dark Piplup
June 26th, 2010, 01:30 PM
I think hms should be kept except there are extra slots for them and that they can't be used in battle.

Azure-Supernova
June 26th, 2010, 01:37 PM
I'd just rather HM's either be replaced with items or let certain other moves act in the stead of them... why can't I burn a little tree down or thunderpunch a rock to pieces?

I'm getting a little wound up by switching out to HM slaves whenever I need to venture into the Whirlpool Islands. I can't think of a single HM worth using in battle.

Haowakeorden
June 26th, 2010, 04:46 PM
i think any move with attack power of 90 or above should have 90-95 accuracy, like psychic.

c'mon, look at moves like octazooka. 65 attack power, 85 accuracy and chance of lowering oppent accuracy. while psychic has 90 attack power, 100 accuracy and can lower defense
That's a good point, actually. A lot of medium-power moves are pretty interesting, but the accuracy just kills them. For an extreme case, see DoubleSlap.

I can't think of a single HM worth using in battle.
Surf? Waterfall? They're powerful 100%-accurate Water-type moves.

BleuVII
June 26th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Ever heard of the Move Deleter? First appeared in Gold and Silver, appeared in every game since then.

Yes, but the move deleter is in one specific location that you can't get to without HM Fly. When my pokemon levels up and is about to learn an awesome move, but I want to keep the other three, my only option is to replace one, go to the move deleter, and use a super rare (read: almost impossible to get) heart scale to replace the move I DIDN'T want to delete. I'd rather just make HMs erasable.

Jerme
June 27th, 2010, 06:58 AM
not related, but abilities like honey gather (which is bound to be useless in gen 5 as it was in hg/ss) should be removed, and be built in the pokemon, like what shuckle was able to do with berries in g/s/c

Gardenia101
July 1st, 2010, 09:46 PM
All moves have it's type, and thats that. There won't be an electric surf or a fire giga drain.

MistahDude
July 1st, 2010, 10:30 PM
All moves have it's type, and thats that. There won't be an electric surf or a fire giga drain.

Well yeah stuff like that won't change but there are some moves that would make more sense to be a different type.

Karate Chop went from normal to fighting, Bite went from normal to dark etc.,

Strength would make more sense as a Fighting move, and Rock Climb would make more sense as a Rock move.

Sammuthegreat
July 2nd, 2010, 03:55 AM
Well yeah stuff like that won't change but there are some moves that would make more sense to be a different type.

Karate Chop went from normal to fighting, Bite went from normal to dark etc.,

Strength would make more sense as a Fighting move, and Rock Climb would make more sense as a Rock move.

True both. And if they insist on keeping HMs, as I'm 100% sure they will, then at least then they'd be quite useable.

Naruto Uzumaki
July 2nd, 2010, 04:41 AM
I would like to see another strong bug type move. Preferably that most bug types can learn :3

Hibaru
July 2nd, 2010, 04:56 AM
I would like it if Sword attack skills to appear. You know, just like Leaf Blade.

MartinJF
July 2nd, 2010, 05:23 AM
It does look like the starters will Get a signature move (Mijumaru: Shell blade, Tsutuja: Grass mixer, Pokabu: ???

Hydrath
July 2nd, 2010, 01:56 PM
One interesting idea, which would change a lot of strategies, is for hybrid type moves. These would be moves that deal dame of different types.

Leaf Shock: Pokemon charges leaves with electricity and tosses them at the opponent. Half damage is grass type/Half is electric type

Pros of having attacks like these would increase the chances of gaming some supper effect strike. A downfall would be only 50% of the damage deal would be super effective.

Other attack ideas could include:

Black Ice: Pokemon blasts the enemy with ice and deal dark type damage for the next 3 turns.

Icy Water: A surf clone that deal 50/50 ice and water damage

Tri-cannon: On hit this attacks deals one of two types from fire, ice or electric.

Thunderstorm: Pokemon causes a thunderstorm that lasts 5 turns. Includes the same effect as rain dance and also has a change for either Pokemon on field to be struck by lightning at the end of the turn.

Of course these are not things that should be made a staple in a team. But a few hybrid moves in the game would be interesting.

hever
July 2nd, 2010, 02:04 PM
One interesting idea, which would change a lot of strategies, is for hybrid type moves. These would be moves that deal dame of different types.

Leaf Shock: Pokemon charges leaves with electricity and tosses them at the opponent. Half damage is grass type/Half is electric type

Pros of having attacks like these would increase the chances of gaming some supper effect strike. A downfall would be only 50% of the damage deal would be super effective.

Other attack ideas could include:

Black Ice: Pokemon blasts the enemy with ice and deal dark type damage for the next 3 turns.

Icy Water: A surf clone that deal 50/50 ice and water damage

Tri-cannon: On hit this attacks deals one of two types from fire, ice or electric.

Thunderstorm: Pokemon causes a thunderstorm that lasts 5 turns. Includes the same effect as rain dance and also has a change for either Pokemon on field to be struck by lightning at the end of the turn.

Of course these are not things that should be made a staple in a team. But a few hybrid moves in the game would be interesting.

That is actually a pretty interesting idea.
If pokemon contests make a return, I hope they could implement combined pokemon moves into it just like in the shows. It's very doubtful, but it's a hope.

dante1w
July 2nd, 2010, 03:48 PM
there should be a move called strrunglehunngle a water atck ahhahaha

GrifSpark
July 3rd, 2010, 12:44 PM
I've actually been thinking alot about this, here are a couple of my ideas.

Name: Drift Punch
Power: 65
Accuracy: N/A
Effect: Undogeable fighting move, may cause flinching.
Description: The user slides around the opponent, the leaps at the foe, followed by a punch. It cannot miss and may cause flinching.

Name: Shed
Type: Bug
Effect: Heals the Pokemon to full health, but lowers Defence and Sp.Defence
Description: The user sheds a layer of shell or skin. Healing the user, yet lowering their general defense.

Name: Plague
Power: 150
Accuracy: 80
Effect: An ordinary attack.
Description: The user summons a blitz of insects to strike the foe.

Name: Delusion
Type: Psychic/Dark (Can't decide)
Accuracy: 85
Effect: Ordinary attack.
Description: The foe is stormed with brainwaves and telekenisis, causing it to take serious damage.

Name: Duplicate
Effect: The user copies any of the opponents moves, which is chosen randomly.
Description: The user searches the opponents memory to use one of its known moves.

Name: FlakFire
Power: 15
Effect: The foe is hit 2-5 times in a row. May cause a burn.
Description: The user launches repeated spray's of fire at the opponent.

I may add some more if the opportunity arises.

Hope you like 'em.

MegaKuriboh
July 3rd, 2010, 12:55 PM
I've actually been thinking alot about this, here are a couple of my ideas.

Description: The user slides around the opponent, the leaps at the foe, followed by a punch. It cannot miss and may cause flinching.

Description: The user sheds a layer of shell or skin. Healing the user, yet lowering their general defense.

Description: The foe is stormed with brainwaves and telekenisis, causing it to take serious damage.

Description: The user searches the opponents memory to use one of its known moves.

I may add some more if the opportunity arises.

Hope you like 'em.

I like these ideas

They should make more dublicates of old move with different types gen 4 had lots.
I wanna see more quick attacks one for fire, grass & electric.
More weather like previouly mensioned Acid rain & Thunderstorm.

XxRogueTrainerxX
July 3rd, 2010, 01:43 PM
I'll throw in my two cents...

Name: Illusion
Effect: Raises Evasion to its highest point, but lowers Sp. Atk to its lowest point.
Description: The user creates an image of itself, fooling the opponent and rendering the user nearly impossible to hit. However, the user also becomes disoriented, making its attack power drop.

Name: Metal Blade
Type: Steel
Power: 85
Accuracy: 90
Effect: 30% chance of lowering Defense.
Description: The user slashes at the foe with a sharp metal edge. It may occasionally lower the foe's Defense.

Name: Soul Spear
Power: 140
Effect: Takes 1/4 of the damage inflicted.
Description: The user converts its soul into a sinister beam and fires it at the foe. The user takes 1/4 of the damage inflicted on the opponent.

Blueknight
July 3rd, 2010, 01:46 PM
How about a Dark/Ghost type fire blast. (Shadow Blitz?)

Or a stronger physical Ice attack.

Sammuthegreat
July 3rd, 2010, 02:15 PM

Bit overpowered. Fighting already has an attack that never misses - Vital Throw - which has 70 power and is a -1 Priority move to compensate for the power. Making it more powerful than Aerial Ace, Swift etc - 60 power - AND adding flinching is a bit overpowered.

I like this one, a lot. Really good.

Overpowered again - other 150 power moves need recharging to compensate for the high power. Also it doesn't make sense for Pokemon to "summon" smaller creatures - wouldn't these smaller insects be Pokemon as well? I don't think non-Pokemon insects exist in the Pokemon world...

Bit overpowered again, would need a recharge turn to even it out a bit. Either that or tone the power down to 120, Fire Blast style.

Like it, but shouldn't it be Psychic-type if they're searching the opponent's memory? Either way, good idea.

Like this one too.

Couple of mine:

Name: Resonate
Type: Steel
Nature: Special
Power: 50
Effect: Deals damage and has a 70% chance of raising the user's Sp. Attack

Name: Refract
Type: Water? Psychic?
Nature: Status
Effect: Refracts the light around the user, making the foe's next three moves 25% less likely to hit

Name: Inferno Rush
Nature: Physical
Effect: Deals damage with a 20% chance of inflicting a burn

^I want Entei to get that last move... :D^

BigBlastoise
July 22nd, 2010, 05:05 AM
The creators of Pokemon have been adding more new moves for every generation. What do you think should be a new move? And if the move is believable, will it be in the game?

StratusJm
July 22nd, 2010, 07:14 AM
i always wanted a move that raised both offences i mean we have cosmic power so why not an offensive equivalent??

Jerme
July 22nd, 2010, 11:34 AM
Overpowered again - other 150 power moves need recharging to compensate for the high power. Also it doesn't make sense for Pokemon to "summon" smaller creatures - wouldn't these smaller insects be Pokemon as well? I don't think non-Pokemon insects exist in the Pokemon world...

ha have you ever seen vespiqueen use attack & defense order? those aren't even combees or any other pokemon..

sky claw
type-flying
power: --
accuracy: 95
effect: power depends on how heavy foe is
description: use grabs opponent and soars to the sky, and suicide dives into ground.

Bug burrow
type:bug
power: 70
nature:trap/attack
accuracy:100
effect: pokemon digs underground. when opponent tries to attack move user with a physical move, they fall down and get hurt. last 1 turn.
description: pokemon makes an underground burrow and attacks pokemon that fall through (like an antlion)

Calder
July 23rd, 2010, 09:55 AM
It does look like the starters will Get a signature move (Mijumaru: Shell blade, Tsutuja: Grass mixer, Pokabu: ???

Umm Nitro Charge for Pokabu

Fydianceus
July 29th, 2010, 10:58 AM
A attack like Thunderstorm, that can activate when it rains or so...

Professor W.
July 29th, 2010, 05:23 PM
A couple ideas...

Name: Shining Aura
Effect: Has a 15% chance to put the foe to sleep. Doubles power if the user is shiny.

Name: Shining Fists
Effect: Has a 20% chance to confuse the foe. Doubles power if the user is shiny.

Name: Shining Nightmare
Effect: Has a 15% chance to paralyze the foe. Doubles power if the user is shiny.

Name: Lucky Shot
Power: 200
Accuracy: 50
Effect: If this attack misses, the user loses 75% of their max HP.

Name: Freeze Bomb
Accuracy: 50
Effect: Freezes the foe.

Name: Icy Ray
Effect: Freezes the foe.

~Prof. W.

Forever
July 30th, 2010, 04:36 AM
A couple ideas...

Effect: Has a 15% chance to put the foe to sleep. Doubles power if the user is shiny.

Effect: Has a 20% chance to confuse the foe. Doubles power if the user is shiny.

Effect: Has a 15% chance to paralyze the foe. Doubles power if the user is shiny.

I have no idea whether there are moves affected by shininess, though I doubt it, but still, wouldn't that be an unfair advantage, considering how rare shinies actually are? I mean, yeah the names make sense, but likelyhood is sort of low because it would disadvantage so many Pokemon.

loliwin
July 30th, 2010, 04:42 AM
A couple ideas...

There's gonna be like a 1/9001 chance the power will get doubled. :(
unless theyre HAX SHINIES WOAH

itshamtarotime
July 30th, 2010, 09:39 AM
a new move like rapid spin would be good. also something like swapping stats with opp would be uber!

ThisOrTheApocalypse
July 30th, 2010, 10:41 AM
I think it would be cool if each type had it's own ultimate move like the ones for starters in LeafGreen and FireRed

SargeantMajorKururu
July 30th, 2010, 10:55 AM
I guess I'll pitch in with attacks I made up. Most of mine are buffs, for some reason...

Sport Eater
Acc: ---
Power: ---
Effect: Removes the effects of Water Sport or Mud Sport, or others if they make new ones.

Self Centered
Effect: Only useable in double or triple battles. The Pokemon harshly lowers the stats of it's allies, but greatly raises its own stats.

Freeze Body
Acc: 85
Effect: The Pokemon encases itself in an icy armor and smashes against the enemy. Takes 1/3 of the damage as recoil.

Virtue Wave
Acc: 100
Power: 95
Effect: The Pokemon lets out a glass-breaking sound that damages Soundproof Pokemon. No other effect.

Shields Dance
Effect: Increases the user's Defense stat by two stages.

Wonder Shine
PP: 25
Effect: Increases the user's Speed and Evasiveness by one stage.

The Bringer!
July 30th, 2010, 01:02 PM
I know I'm breaking a made-up-move-combo here, but I just wanted to add in that, besides new moves, I'd really love it if they tweaked some of the older ones! For example, did any of you know that aurora beam can actually lower the foe's attack? I sure didn't! Being tired of the old flamethrower/fire blast, thunderbolt/thunder, icebeam/blizzard and so forth, I'd just like to see some lower powered moves made more viable. They were really going in the right direction with moves like discharge and magma plume, with less power but nifty side things. Charge beam should be raised to 100% accuracy, and the moves with cool effects like water pulse's confusion, aurora beam's attack lower, and psybeam's confusion rate should be boosted so that we aren't always seeing more of the same attacks! I just think that having more viable attacks would be a fun way to add to pokemon's movepools by just making some of their weaker moves still viable, if a bit more situational.

EDIT: Ha, self centered sounds like a cool attack :D

Jerme
July 31st, 2010, 10:11 AM
I know I'm breaking a made-up-move-combo here, but I just wanted to add in that, besides new moves, I'd really love it if they tweaked some of the older ones! For example, did any of you know that aurora beam can actually lower the foe's attack? I sure didn't! Being tired of the old flamethrower/fire blast, thunderbolt/thunder, icebeam/blizzard and so forth, I'd just like to see some lower powered moves made more viable. They were really going in the right direction with moves like discharge and magma plume, with less power but nifty side things. Charge beam should be raised to 100% accuracy, and the moves with cool effects like water pulse's confusion, aurora beam's attack lower, and psybeam's confusion rate should be boosted so that we aren't always seeing more of the same attacks! I just think that having more viable attacks would be a fun way to add to pokemon's movepools by just making some of their weaker moves still viable, if a bit more situational.

EDIT: Ha, self centered sounds like a cool attack :D

charge beam has like above 80% chance of raising sp.attk, so i think 95 is good so it doesnt become too broken

but octazooka needs 100 accuracy

Powerflare
July 31st, 2010, 01:37 PM
Water-type Double Edge (like there is Volt Tackle, Flare Blitz ect.).

Oh and maybe a grass-type Flamethrower/Surf/Ice Beam ect. variant (correct me if there is already one).

BlooDy_MuloS!!
August 14th, 2010, 04:26 PM
waterutiona?? ahhahahahhaha/:D:D:D
i dont want so change so much atacks so there will be too much moves and 4 options are to less for soo much atacks

Alaskan Husky
September 5th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Flatten | Fighting | Physical
BP: -- / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 15
Effect: BP differs depending on the weight of the foe.

so in order of weight class low kick/grass knot basically go:

20/40/60/80/100/120

flatten would go:

120/100/80/60/40/20

So, Flatten would increase in power if the foe is lighter.

Blow Exchange | Fighting | Physical
BP: 120 / Accuracy: 90% / PP: 5
Effect: Takes as much damage from the attack as the foe does (think: 100% recoil damage).

Don't use this on a Blissey if you want to live. :P

Khrysta
September 5th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Bit overpowered. Fighting already has an attack that never misses - Vital Throw - which has 70 power and is a -1 Priority move to compensate for the power. Making it more powerful than Aerial Ace, Swift etc - 60 power - AND adding flinching is a bit overpowered.

Aura Sphere is 90 Base power never miss fighting attack...Better than Vital Throw. No set backs at all.

Foodin
September 5th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Since the other thread about new moves is locked now, I'll respond to XanderO's post from that thread by saying that I heard Trickery inflicts damage based upon the opponent's stats, so I think it could be a damage move for that reason.

It'd also be neat if they actually made a Dark-type variation of Ice Beam/Flamethrower/T-Bolt. Here's one I made up below.

Tartarus Wave
Category: Special
BP: 95
Accuracy: 100%
Description: Fires a pitch-black shockwave of darkness that either confuses or lowers the target's accuracy.
Distribution: All Dark-types and most, if not all, pokemon who can learn either Flamethrower, Ice Beam or Thunderbolt.
Learnability: TM, leveling up, move tutor or breeding.

Alaskan Husky, you should change Flatten's type to Fighting, as it requires great physical strength to properly pull off this move.

Alaskan Husky
September 7th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Alaskan Husky, you should change Flatten's type to Fighting, as it requires great physical strength to properly pull off this move.

Ah, thanks, that makes sense. Plus it goes along with the whole, you know, you-can't-flatten-Ghosts thing. :P *imagines a squished Gengar*

I'll change it.

GlitchCity
September 7th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Hmm Ill give it a shot

Claw Reach
Type: flying
BP: 70
Accuarcy: 100
Category: Physical
The user swoops down feet first reaching out to the oppenent with their feet and knocks the foe flying. The user has a 30% chance of stealing an item.

This would be a beast move for pidgeot :D

Boarbeque
September 7th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Water-type Double Edge (like there is Volt Tackle, Flare Blitz ect.).

Oh and maybe a grass-type Flamethrower/Surf/Ice Beam ect. variant (correct me if there is already one).

Id call the Water type double edge something like "Splash Damage"

gregory_turner420
September 7th, 2010, 09:48 PM
i dont really mind new attacks, but not over doing it, i would like to see moves that could change the gameplay to a more balanced play, instead of the current over speeded metagame. also calm mind for unown..my evd unown with HP is sweet but itd be cooler with Calm mind, Reflect, and Lightscreen/Safeguard

Haowakeorden
September 8th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Something I posted in another similar topic some time ago:
Something that I think would really "shake up" the competitive scene would be an attack move whose base power equalled the target's IV total.

For example, if it were used against a Pokémon with IVs 21/3/7/19/23/8 (21+3+7+19+23+8 = 81), the move would have 81 base power. Against a 31/31/31/31/31/31 "perfect" Pokémon, it would have 186 base power!

Surmonter
September 8th, 2010, 12:22 PM
BRING BACK FLASH!!!

No but seriously, I'm sure there will be some new field moves, though hopefully not as ridiculously useless as Flash and Defog. I don't know what else they could do though. Maybe something like Extinguish to put out impeding flames? Gee, I sure hope Game Freak is better at coming up with ideas than I am..

Flash is still a move, and a TM. It can still be used outside battle too. The only difference is that you don't need a gym badge to use it. So I don't know why you want to "bring back flash" when it never left.

Attack: Progress
PP: 1
Max PP: 3
Description: Raises every stat. (Like Ancientpower) Can only be used once against a Pokemon. (You can use it only once against one Pokemon, but if a trainer sends out another Pokemon, you can use it again.)

Attack: Gravity Bomb
Description: Does normal damage to most Pokemon. Does double the damage when used on a Pokemon that is a flying type, has Levitate, while a Pokemon is using Bounce or fly.

Attack: Free Cookie
Description: Heals 1/4th of the total HP and cures status conditions.

HM: Current
PP: 25
Description: Allows you to create a current of water in front of you that will allow you to surf faster. (Only lasts for 10 or so tiles) May cause flinching in battle

Attack: Trash Can
Description: Allows you to drain the total PP of a move to double your attack. The drained attack must be at full PP when using, cannot drain Trash Can's attack.

Attack: Hoarder
Description: When used on a Pokemon with Trash Can in their moveset, their attack will be cut in half and Trash Can will not be able to be used.

:D

Forever
September 15th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Hahaha, the TM/HM thread died a day ago so now this is the TM/HM/Moves thread in general :x

Anyway, according to PokeJungle:

UPD3: HMs are as follows – Cut, Fly, Surf, Strength, Waterfall, Dive

This makes me very happy. :D; No more useless HMs!

Azure Rathalδs
September 15th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Nice how they are bringing back dive.

A clue to a R/S remake?

Astinus
September 15th, 2010, 11:43 PM
That's very good news to me! Those HMs aren't useless at all on my in-game teams, so to have them around still doesn't bother me at all. I'm glad Rock Climb is gone.

It is interesting that Dive makes a return. (Maybe it is a clue to the R/S/E remakes?) I'm interested in seeing how and where we'll be able to Dive in Isshu, and where and what we'll discover while Diving.

Forever
September 15th, 2010, 11:46 PM

I totally didn't pick up the R/S remake thing. >____________>;

I'm just glad that Fly/Surf and Strength is there :D;

Then again, we apparently obtain Cut from some Dream World girl, so, idgi? (Or did I imagine reading it...) HMs overall are probably harder to obtain.

MartinJF
September 16th, 2010, 12:01 AM
Yeah! Dive is back!!!! Great news!

coolnick37
September 16th, 2010, 12:01 AM
All those HMs are great(except cut) and we have dive :D looks there might be an underwater part of isshu to explore :3 It would be so cool.
I hope they make some changes to the HMs like, riding your own pokemon while surfing or something.

Sammuthegreat
September 16th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Aura Sphere is 90 Base power never miss fighting attack...Better than Vital Throw. No set backs at all.

Yes, but how many Pokemon learn Aura Sphere? 7, 5 of which are Legendaries (see here (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Aura_Sphere_(move))). The attack that person suggested was presumably designed as a mid-level attack, as its power was only 65 (rather than the 80-120 of a lot of high-level attacks), so the addition of flinching made it seem a bit overpowered. However make that move learnable only by a select few Pokemon and at high levels and I'd be ok with it.

King Gumball
September 16th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Hmmm. Only 8 HM's, werent there 10 in the other games.... Maybe not, too tired to think. I am very happy Fly and Surf are still there, and the fact that Dive is back excites me. Maybe there will be seaweed in this game and More volcanic Islands that you need Dive to get to (Like Sootopolis City, one of my favourite cities).

Hamilton
September 16th, 2010, 02:20 AM
DIVE DIVE DIVE!!!!
haha sorry, i'm just glad they brought back my favorite move :)

Sammuthegreat
September 16th, 2010, 05:51 AM
I assume this fits in this thread, but Serebii.net reports that Mega Drain now has a power of 75. That's pretty awesome... How powerful will Giga Drain be then?! My Venusaur just got about 3 times more awesome...

PlatinumDude
September 16th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Yes! Rock Smash, Whirlpool and Defog aren't TMs anymore! But what sucks is that I may have to cram Surf, Dive and Waterfall on to Mijumaru's evo (I'm against the use of HM slaves).

The Red Chain
September 16th, 2010, 10:10 AM
I assume this fits in this thread, but Serebii.net reports that Mega Drain now has a power of 75. That's pretty awesome... How powerful will Giga Drain be then?! My Venusaur just got about 3 times more awesome...

Now that is some great news! I've always loved Mega and Giga Drain, but they never helped much, not even in-game. XD Now they will most definitely be awesome and useful. <3

\o/ No more pointless HMs you use like.. once! Thank goodness too, I hate Rock Smash with a burning passion. Dive huh? Crafty hint I'd say, as well as more Isshu exploring! Now if only we can keep just a tad more land this time.

coolnick37
September 16th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Yes! Rock Smash, Whirlpool and Defog aren't TMs anymore! But what sucks is that I may have to cram Surf, Dive and Waterfall on to Mijumaru's evo (I'm against the use of HM slaves).
Whirpool is exclusive to 2nd gen, dive is exclusive to 3rd gen(atleast it was for now) and defog was exclusive for 4th gen, and they all sukked except dive. So ofc they wouldnt be putting defog and crap in here :/
Cant w8 for dive.
Oh adn the mega drain news!!! omg, sounds great, but what will giga drain be then :/ doesnt this makes then a little bit overpowered.

thedestinedblade
September 16th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Apparently TM79 is Ice Breath: Will always be a critical hit. Base Power: 40.

Livewire
September 16th, 2010, 06:12 PM

I must say thats pretty awesome. Hopefully other types will get moves like that too.

I want more physical fire moves. For when i transfer my darling Faileon. http://pokemondb.net/static/sprites/platinum/normal/flareon.png

fenyx4
September 16th, 2010, 06:18 PM

I hope Absol can learn this. :t359: :D

But I feel sorry for anyone who uses this right before a Primeape with Anger Point being switched in... :t057:

I must say thats pretty awesome. Hopefully other types will get moves like that too.

I want more physical fire moves. For when i transfer my darling Faileon. http://pokemondb.net/static/sprites/platinum/normal/flareon.png

I'd like more powerful physical Fire moves as well, for some of my Fire starters and Legendaries... :)

Regarding the TMs, what happens to the ones being held when a Pokemon transfers from Generation IV? I'm worrying about incompatibility issues, but I'm wondering if the transfer thing bars the Gen IV Pokemon from holding TMs...?

thedestinedblade
September 16th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Here are some other new moves:

Coil Up (poison): Raises attack, defense, and accuracy

Venom Shock (poison): Base Power: 65 / Accuracy 100% / Special / Base power doubles if you hit a poisoned opponent

Enemy Bind: Makes your accuracy 100% against an opponent for 4 turns

Evil Eye (ghost): Base Power: 50 / Accuracy 100% / Special / If opponent has status condition base power is raised

Wide Guard (rock): Protects your team from attacks that would hit all of your pokemon, will fail if used in succession

Fast Guard (fighting): Protects your team from priority moves (ie: quick attack), will fail if used in succession

Livewire
September 16th, 2010, 06:43 PM
I hope Absol can learn this. :t359: :D

But I feel sorry for anyone who uses this right before a Primeape with Anger Point being switched in... :t057:

I'd like more powerful physical Fire moves as well, for some of my Fire starters and Legendaries... :)

Regarding the TMs, what happens to the ones being held when a Pokemon transfers from Generation IV? I'm worrying about incompatibility issues, but I'm wondering if the transfer thing bars the Gen IV Pokemon from holding TMs...?

Well we know at least the TMs after 50 are somewhat different. (See Ice Breath) So, Im leaning towards the idea that you wont be able to attach items or TMs to pokes you migrate to B&W from Gen IV games.

September 16th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Well we know at least the TMs after 50 are somewhat different. (See Ice Breath) So, Im leaning towards the idea that you wont be able to attach items or TMs to pokes you migrate to B&W from Gen IV games.
Yeah, Serebii even said so yesterday I believe they also said that no other items can be transferred so that includes Life orb,etc.

Guys we can use dive this gen look at this we get to go to a ruin by using dive :D
From Pokebeach:There is a new area called the Seabed Ruins (http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/black-white/new-ruins.jpg) which feature a unique rune scripture. You access it by using Dive. The writing on the walls is weird symbols (http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/black-white/symbols.jpg).

fenyx4
September 16th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Yeah, Serebii even said so yesterday I believe they also said that [S-HIGHLIGHT]no other items can be transferred so that includes Life orb,etc.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Guys we can use dive this gen look at this we get to go to a ruin by using dive :D
From Pokebeach:

Seriously?! I thought they would improve upon the item and berry sets of Generation IV. This means that they could revamp all of the new items...I just hope they don't alter the good ones from last Gen... And I figure all of the PokeBalls will be preserved (including the Apricorn Balls) due to their data being on the summary screen, but even that will be up in the air...

But on-topic, as for TMs, I really hope they don't screw up the ones past TM50, then, such as Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Swords Dance, X-Scissor, Energy Ball, Focus Blast, and Flash Cannon. If major alterations need to be made, at least make more tutors available!

On the plus side, I'm glad Dive makes a return, as it was one of Hoenn's staples! :D
RSE remakes anybody? ;)

Foodin
September 16th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Evil Eye should be Dark instead of Ghost as the former type's name is "Aku/Evil" in Japanese and Dark needs more special attacks IMVHO.

Livewire
September 17th, 2010, 12:14 AM
OMG Stealth Rock isn't a TM on the poke beach list!! That may be the best news ive heard all day, really.

Shadow01192
September 17th, 2010, 06:44 AM
How bout a physical ground move that isn't earthquake or dig? Earth Power went in the right direction but took a left turn somewhere around trying to be useful for ground Pokemon. I would also love to see a fighting move that hits more than just one person, and while we are at it lets give it to a few fighting Pokemon. EG: Round House Kick. 100 power 90% acc hits 2 opponents. 10% chance to flinch. I am still waiting for a fire version of aqua jet, because Rapidash.

The Red Chain
September 17th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Okay, ever since PJ revealed a good amount of the TMs and new attacks in B&W yesterday I've been wanting to rant a little ~

TM72: Volt Change (electric): special, switches out your pokemon after attacking

Saw that on Shimama in a trailer. The best thing about it is that it does what U-turn does, but with a better type. Bugs weren't very useful as a whole before Gen 5, so even the STAB that U-turn gave to the poor bugs was not enough to make it a great move. Useful for switching out yes, but as a move? Eh. Electric however is very useful typing, depending on who it's on. Shimama and it's evolution can utilize this move extremely well. I'll just hope a couple other Pokemon like Pikachu and Emonga get to use this move as well.

TM79 Ice Breath (ice): will always land a critical hit. Base Power: 40

What? Wow. It's a good thing this move's base power is fairly low, but even with that it's almost like this move has auto-Technician despite your ability. That's pretty scary.

Coil Up (poison): Raises attack, defense, and accuracy

The fact it has Coil in the name makes me think of snakes, and I remember Tsutaaja having a couple moves with the word Coil. If a Pokemon like Tsutaaja gets this move, along with Leaf Blade, it will knock you inside out. Do not mess with the snakes. ;D

Enemy Bind: Makes your accuracy 100% against an opponent for 4 turns

I have only one thing to say about this move... Metagame. DDD:

Wide Guard (rock): Protects your team from attacks that would hit all of your pokemon, will fail if used in succession

^ Earthquake insurance. I like. :'D

Fast Guard (fighting): Protects your team from priority moves (ie: quick attack), will fail if used in succession

LOL. Scizor just got punked. No more Bullet Punch sweeping for you.

The thing that got me more pumped than Coil Up?

Hyper Beam and Giga Impact are purchasable attacks for $90,000. [S-HIGHLIGHT] This exorbitant price is probably due to the reusability of TMs now[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Wait wait. [S-HIGHLIGHT]Reusable?[/S-HIGHLIGHT] You're joking right?

I'm like a kid in a candy store already on a sugar high right now! :D

Kanto_Johto
September 17th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Wait wait. [S-HIGHLIGHT]Reusable?[/S-HIGHLIGHT] You're joking right?

I'm like a kid in a candy store already on a sugar high right now! :D
I'm the opposite. I hate that feature. I had a greater sense of accomplishment having to buy TM Flamethrower or Thunderbolt using hard earned coins at the arcade.

On the other hand, $90,000 is crazy money. I'm pretty sure the most expensive things they sold at Marts before this were the Protein, Iron, Calcium, Carbos and HP Up drugs at $9800. I could be wrong about this.

Some of these new moves sound interesting though. I'm liking the idea of the crit hit Ice attack.

Livewire
September 17th, 2010, 01:53 PM
LOL. Scizor just got punked.

XD XD About damn time too. I don't know about that enemy bind move though, that could get broken quick. I may import my Electivire from SS so i can teach it Wild bolt. :D

StratusJm
September 17th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Whirpool is exclusive to 2nd gen, dive is exclusive to 3rd gen(atleast it was for now) and defog was exclusive for 4th gen, and they all sukked except dive. So ofc they wouldnt be putting defog and crap in here :/
Cant w8 for dive.
Oh adn the mega drain news!!! omg, sounds great, but what will giga drain be then :/ doesnt this makes then a little bit overpowered.

serebii mixed it up its giga drain that is base 75 but i am still replacing energy ball which i have on all my grass type special sweepers with it. exchanging 5 base power for HP recovery? thats a good deal to me

Itstoppedatumbreon
September 17th, 2010, 01:59 PM
there is no point of having a always crit hit move. just make it like 70 power.duhhh

StratusJm
September 17th, 2010, 02:07 PM
there is no point of having a always crit hit move. just make it like 70 power.duhhh

no an always crit hit move is better because critical hits dont just double the power of the attack they also ignore defensive stat boosting + offensive stat lowering which means you will be happy to have an always crit hit move on your team if you run into amnesia etc spammers

solarowl
September 17th, 2010, 02:10 PM
XD XD About damn time too. I don't know about that enemy bind move though, that could get broken quick. I may import my Electivire from SS so i can teach it Wild bolt. :D
Wild bolt seems like a good move for some of my electrics too.

Livewire
September 17th, 2010, 02:21 PM

You'll think otherwise when something uses that move to shred your team.

Always Crit + Sniper + STAB + Life Orb = Devastation.

StratusJm
September 17th, 2010, 02:26 PM
You'll think otherwise when something uses that move to shred your team.

Always Crit + Super Luck + STAB + Life Orb = Devastation.

always crit + sniper you mean?

doesnt super luck double the chance of a crit hit? so always crit would make it pointless

Livewire
September 17th, 2010, 02:28 PM
always crit + sniper you mean?

doesnt super luck double the chance of a crit hit? so always crit would make it pointless

Whoops, yes sniper indeed. XD

Still, point is used correctly, it's deadly.

StratusJm
September 17th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Whoops, yes sniper indeed. XD

Still, point is used correctly, it's deadly.

very deadly. now we just need an ice type special sweeper who has sniper and we have one deadly pokemon :)

September 17th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Wow that ice move sounds somewhat scary...specially when stabbed and added in with Nevermelting Ice, Ice plate, etc 0_0...

fenyx4
September 17th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Wow that ice move sounds somewhat scary...specially when stabbed and added in with Nevermelting Ice, Ice plate, etc 0_0...

Especially when you throw in Choice Specs into the mix... (since it is a "breath" type, I believe the move Ice Breath will run off the Special Attack stat...)

StratusJm
September 17th, 2010, 03:01 PM

and to think everyone thought the walls suffered last generation! even blissey has reason to be scared this gen.. also i noticed i couldnt find one strong wall in the entire batch of gen 5 pokemon

fenyx4
September 17th, 2010, 03:03 PM
and to think everyone thought the walls suffered last generation! [S-HIGHLIGHT]even blissey has reason to be scared this gen.. [/S-HIGHLIGHT]also i noticed i couldnt find one strong wall in the entire batch of gen 5 pokemon

I am GLAD! That thing is a pain to face off against in the Battle Frontier, and the advent of innovative moves in Generation V seems to be a potent threat to that bumbling pink Pokemon.

September 17th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I am GLAD! That thing is a pain to face off against in the Battle Frontier, and the advent of innovative moves in Generation V seems to be a potent threat to that bumbling pink Pokemon.
I am too, I wish there was an ice move that has a high freeze rate to make Magma armor more attractive...

StratusJm
September 17th, 2010, 03:11 PM

true she is annoying as hell but she is THE best wall in the game. and when the very best wall in the game isn't strong enough to withstand the sweepers there is something gone horribly wrong

September 17th, 2010, 03:15 PM
true she is annoying as hell but she is THE best wall in the game. and when the very best wall in the game isn't strong enough to withstand the sweepers there is something gone horribly wrong
Well she is the best Special wall but she is falls easy as a Physical wall especially with fighting moves...at least from my experiences...
Though yeah the walls are coming down...

StratusJm
September 17th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Well she is the best Special wall but she is falls easy as a Physical wall especially with fighting moves...at least from my experiences...
Though yeah the walls are coming down...

true she cant take more than one physical hit without resorting to softboiled but really the metagame is becoming more and more offensive and who knows how many walls will be ou this gen? you can bet money the majority wont be

September 17th, 2010, 03:21 PM
true she cant take more than one physical hit without resorting to softboiled but really the metagame is becoming more and more offensive and who knows how many walls will be ou this gen? you can bet money the majority wont be
I felt like gen 4 introduced lots of walls but gen 5 destroyed the whole gen 4 metagame into pieces...

StratusJm
September 17th, 2010, 03:25 PM
I felt like gen 4 introduced lots of walls but gen 5 destroyed the whole gen 4 metagame into pieces...

really? most of the popular gen fours i can think of are sweepers with the exception of gliscor and sort of torterra. but i might be forgetting something.

but honestly the metagame is completely and utterly changed me thinks.

also im interested to know that ononokusu is not the psuedo-legend this gen. everyone seemed sure it was

Livewire
September 17th, 2010, 03:30 PM

And i love Gamefreak for it. ^^ B&W is a giant slap in the face to Smogon and the current competitive scene.

I do think previous generation walls with Sturdy as thier ability will be bumped up this gen. Bastiodon FTW. :D

fenyx4
September 17th, 2010, 03:34 PM
And i love Gamefreak for it. ^^ B&W is a giant slap in the face to Smogon and the current competitive scene.

I do think previous generation walls with Sturdy as thier ability will be bumped up this gen. Bastiodon FTW. :D

Heck yeah. Right now, it's virtually shattered. Triple battles seemed to be a formidable threat at first, but all of these monstrous stats and new moves take the cake! :cer_boogie: And if that weren't bad enough, items have the potential to be revamped since, apparently, they cannot be brought over/transferred from Generation IV games.

And while Smogon is busy regrouping, Pignition will be wreaking havoc against befuddled foes that use the site frequently! The fire boar's ferocity will be unleashed with no equal! :D

September 17th, 2010, 03:45 PM

Yeah those would, I prefer Physical walls over Special walls anyways :D

Livewire
September 17th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Looking at the TM list, i notice Stone Edge is Missing. :C oh noes. Heres hoping we get more physical fire, water, dark and electric moves.

September 17th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Looking at the TM list, i notice Stone Edge is Missing. :C oh noes. Heres hoping we get more physical fire, water, dark and electric moves.
Yes that move was too overused this past gen :D
I do too, we need more physical fire for Entei and Flareon.

Khrysta
September 17th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Don't know if these have been posted yet, but so far the Current TM list is:

TM02: Dragon Claw,
TM03: Psycho Shock,
TM05: Roar,
TM09: Venom Shock,
TM10: Hidden Power,
TM13: Ice Beam,
TM15: Hyper Beam,
TM17: Protect,
TM22: Solar Beam,
TM28: Dig,
TM29: Psychic,
TM30: Shadow Ball,
TM31: Brick Break,
TM36: Sludge Bomb,
TM39: Rock Tomb,
TM41: Torment,
TM42: Facade,
TM43: Nitro Charge,
TM44: Rest,
TM45: Attract,
TM46: Thief,
TM53: Energy Ball,
TM54: False Swipe,
TM55: Boiling Water,
TM56: Fling,
TM57: Charge Beam,
TM58: Free Fall,
TM61: Will-O'-Wisp,
TM62: Acrobat,
TM66: Payback,
TM67: Get Even,
TM68: Giga Impact,
TM70: Flash,
TM72: Volt Change,
TM76: Bug Resistance,
TM78: Smooth Over,
TM79: Ice Breath,
TM80: Rock Throw,
TM81: X-Scissor,
TM82: Dragon Tail,
TM83: Cheer Up,
TM84: Poison Jab,
TM86: Grass Knot,
TM89: U-Turn,
TM91: Flash Cannon,
TM93: Wild Bolt,
TM94: Rock Smash

Stealth Rock seems to be missing, but seeing as the list is incomplete it may have moved somewhere else. If it is no longer a TM I see it as a Move Tutor now seeing as No Pokemon learns Stealth Rock naturally.

Game Freak has yet to delete existing moves, and seeing as we can transfer Pokemon over, I doubt they deleted Stealth Rock entirely. Maybe they are just trying to make it harder to pass on or teach.

Livewire
September 17th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Don't know if these have been posted yet, but so far the Current TM list is:

TM02: Dragon Claw,
TM03: Psycho Shock,
TM05: Roar,
TM09: Venom Shock,
TM10: Hidden Power,
TM13: Ice Beam,
TM15: Hyper Beam,
TM17: Protect,
TM22: Solar Beam,
TM28: Dig,
TM29: Psychic,
TM30: Shadow Ball,
TM31: Brick Break,
TM36: Sludge Bomb,
TM39: Rock Tomb,
TM41: Torment,
TM42: Facade,
TM43: Nitro Charge,
TM44: Rest,
TM45: Attract,
TM46: Thief,
TM53: Energy Ball,
TM54: False Swipe,
TM55: Boiling Water,
TM56: Fling,
TM57: Charge Beam,
TM58: Free Fall,
TM61: Will-O'-Wisp,
TM62: Acrobat,
TM66: Payback,
TM67: Get Even,
TM68: Giga Impact,
TM70: Flash,
TM72: Volt Change,
TM76: Bug Resistance,
TM78: Smooth Over,
TM79: Ice Breath,
TM80: Rock Throw,
TM81: X-Scissor,
TM82: Dragon Tail,
TM83: Cheer Up,
TM84: Poison Jab,
TM86: Grass Knot,
TM89: U-Turn,
TM91: Flash Cannon,
TM93: Wild Bolt,
TM94: Rock Smash

Stealth Rock seems to be missing, but seeing as the list is incomplete it may have moved somewhere else. If it is no longer a TM I see it as a Move Tutor now seeing as No Pokemon learns Stealth Rock naturally.

Game Freak has yet to delete existing moves, and seeing as we can transfer Pokemon over, I doubt they deleted Stealth Rock entirely. Maybe they are just trying to make it harder to pass on or teach.

I think it makes more sense to make it a Move tutored attack, because if you switch it to say, TM 50, then you would have to put the old TM 50 somewhere, and so on and so forth. And the TM order mostly is the same.

September 17th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Well I hope they make it so some pokemon learn it naturally and no Tm or Move tutor to make Moltres more competitive :D

Livewire
September 17th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Well I hope they make it so some pokemon learn it naturally and no Tm or Move tutor to make Moltres more competitive :D

Let's hope, i find it stupid that otherwise great Pokemon are doomed to obscurity by a single move. :/

September 17th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Let's hope, i find it stupid that otherwise great Pokemon are doomed to obscurity by a single move. :/
Same here especially for all those Bug/Flying pokemon out there, Yanmaga would have been bigger if it wasn't for one Tm!

Inpu
September 17th, 2010, 05:56 PM
I'm very sad to see Giga Drain go :(

I hope that there's another way to get it onto my Gengar...

Livewire
September 17th, 2010, 06:26 PM
I'm very sad to see Giga Drain go :(

I hope that there's another way to get it onto my Gengar...

There has to be another way to get it, because raising its base power from 65 to 75 then making it unavailable doesn't make sense. You'll be able to obtain it somehow.

Astinus
September 17th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Yeah, I'm sure that the attacks where the attack power has changed but were also taken out of the TM list have to be taught in another way. There might be move tutors throughout Isshu that can teach these moves, since it doesn't seem likely that they would take away moves from previous generations, especially if Pokemon with those moves can be transferred to B/W. (At least, I would believe so.)

So maybe there's a list of move tutors out there that no one has found/shared yet. Hopefully there are, because to lose these moves is rather disappointing, especially when they get changes made to them.

Gardenia101
September 17th, 2010, 06:39 PM
NOOOOOOOOO!!!
Giga Drain! I've counted on you for so loooooooong!
DON'T GO!!!!!!!!!!

fenyx4
September 17th, 2010, 06:56 PM
NOOOOOOOOO!!!
DON'T GO!!!!!!!!!!

I know! The purported boost in Power is enticing, though. Hopefully, there are going to be many more Move Tutors in Isshu, because I'd hate for a useful TM to get replaced by a sucky one.

StratusJm
September 18th, 2010, 08:56 AM
NOOOOOOOOO!!!
DON'T GO!!!!!!!!!!

there has to be another way to teach it. why raise its power so it is actually useful and then cut off its availability?

energy ball appears ot be gone too

Livewire
September 18th, 2010, 09:21 AM
there has to be another way to teach it. why raise its power so it is actually useful and then cut off its availability?

energy ball appears ot be gone too

There has to be a move tutor somewhere in the game. If Energy Ball disappears ill be mad. >:] I love that attack.

StratusJm
September 18th, 2010, 09:24 AM
There has to be a move tutor somewhere in the game. If Energy Ball disappears ill be mad. >:] I love that attack.

i think giga drain pretty much supersedes energy ball this gen but they cant get rid of both of the grass type TMs i mean take solarbeam and grass knot but dont take giga drain and energy ball!

Resultz
September 18th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I think the removals of some moves as tms is to do with the reusable Tms thing.

im glad that the likes of Ice beam and Flamethrower are still Tms, but im eagar to see all the new features, including attacks.
i hope the new attacks dont make the old ones obselete.

-Dark needs a 80+ BP attack
-Water, Fire, Electric need more physical moves
-Steel and fighting need more special moves.
-A move like will-o-wisp for freezing is needed.

mrunner4home
September 18th, 2010, 01:47 PM
I think the removals of some moves as tms is to do with the reusable Tms thing.

im glad that the likes of Ice beam and Flamethrower are still Tms, but im eagar to see all the new features, including attacks.
i hope the new attacks dont make the old ones obselete.

-Dark needs a 80+ BP attack
-Water, Fire, Electric need more physical moves
-Steel and fighting need more special moves.
-A move like will-o-wisp for freezing is needed.

I was going to say that too. the reusable tms mean that not all of the tms can be good moves, so they took some good ones away. they'll probably make them tutor moves.

- don't care so much about the 80+ dark move
- I totally agree with the physical w,f,and e moves
- and with the more special fighting and steel moves (more concerned about fighting)
- and MOST OF ALL with the freezing move like will-o-wisp. I love the freezing status and we need it to be more common!

and thank god flamethrower is still a tm. my favorite move!! and ice beam of course is good too (freezing!)