PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Let's talk about Gym leaders.

Zeph.
May 16th, 2010, 07:37 AM
This should come as no surprise. 8 new gyms with leaders specializing in a certain type will be introduced with the new region.

What do you think/hope will happen with them? Maybe more challenging puzzles? Maybe just less puzzles and more battles? Fire away.

JAK3
May 16th, 2010, 07:43 AM
I think we should finally see a Dark type gym, I would also like something besides a Rock gym as the 1st Gym, even though the Second Generation had Falkner, a flying type leader, Dark is the only one I can think of.

Massai
May 16th, 2010, 07:47 AM
The Gym Puzzles are ridiculous filler. I'd rather see more Gym Leader storyline involvement and the gyms should evolve beyond mono-type and mix it up a bit.

Arma
May 16th, 2010, 07:49 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing another ground type gym either. The first gym should be dark or normal, other types are too cool for the first gym XD

Edit: instead of just having them specialize in one type, why not have them be more specialized with certain fighting styles. One gym could be all offensive, while another prefers to inflict status moves.

Hamilton
May 16th, 2010, 07:50 AM
gym leaders should be more involved with the plot :)
but also- types i want to see (no particular order)
Grass
Flying
Dark
Normal
Fire
Ice
Psychic
Ground (or rock)

Zeph.
May 16th, 2010, 07:51 AM
I agree with the Dark Gym idea :P It could be the first way you see Zoroark (like Lucario in the Fighting gym for DPPt)

flight
May 16th, 2010, 07:52 AM
I think it would be more challenging puzzles. I mean, I speculate that the first gym wouldn't have anything too difficult, then the difficulty would increase as you progress through each gym. I think there would also be some events to accomplish before you challenge said gym leader, but that shouldn't come as a surprise, and I guess that counts as more of a puzzle/main plot sorta thing.

My two cents.

Samme!
May 16th, 2010, 07:58 AM
I think it's about time that a Dark Type gym is introduced into the Pokemon Universe, as dark types came about in the 2nd Generation, and it's already the 5th.. I'd also like to some gyms that haven't been used a lot, Dragon, Bug, Ground, per say. I really hope that there isn't going to be the obligatory Rock Type gym that comes first, but something spices things up like how things in the 2nd Gen were.
And regarding gym leaders, I definitely think that they need a more prominent role in the plots surrounding their city or town they reside in, which is how things are set in the Anime. This way we could get more plot set into the games while also getting to learn more about the gym leaders and have fun instead of just passing through some type of maze and then battling the leader. And since Gym Leader's are there to help the trainer out along their journeys, it would be cool if they showed up once and a while to give you some random item or tip, per say. I don't know, I just want to see more involvement really XD

ohsnapkid
May 16th, 2010, 08:04 AM
The Gym Puzzles are ridiculous filler. I'd rather see more Gym Leader storyline involvement and the gyms should evolve beyond mono-type and mix it up a bit.

I wholeheartedly agree. The puzzles are completely unnecessary and often an annoyance that drives your attention away from the actual battles. I'd be happy to see them removed altogether, or at worst, reduced to a point where they simply add some atmosphere to the gym (without being overbearing).

Vrai
May 16th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Dark-type gym would be nice.

I wouldn't mind seeing another ground type gym either. The first gym should be dark or normal, other types are too cool for the first gym XD

Edit: instead of just having them specialize in one type, why not have them be more specialized with certain fighting styles. One gym could be all offensive, while another prefers to inflict status moves.

I thought that status moves was already covered back with Janine/Koga? I mean, the types themselves already have a certain style that they want to be played in so the gym leaders kind of already had a certain battling style. It would be better if that was expanded upon though. :3
And regarding gym leaders, I definitely think that they need a more prominent role in the plots surrounding their city or town they reside in, which is how things are set in the Anime. This way we could get more plot set into the games while also getting to learn more about the gym leaders and have fun instead of just passing through some type of maze and then battling the leader. And since Gym Leader's are there to help the trainer out along their journeys, it would be cool if they showed up once and a while to give you some random item or tip, per say. I don't know, I just want to see more involvement really XD

A more prominent role for gym leaders would be pretty cool. The only leaders who ever really did anything outside of the box were Giovanni and Claire, really; those were the only ones who you actually really interacted with. The rest just feel like generic characters like the random trainers that fight you all the time. Even a random appearance to help you out or annoy you would give them personality and thus prominence.

I wholeheartedly agree. The puzzles are completely unnecessary and often an annoyance that drives your attention away from the actual battles. I'd be happy to see them removed altogether, or at worst, reduced to a point where they simply add some atmosphere to the gym (without being overbearing).
But there are other people who like the battles less and the puzzle-related aspects more. Nintendo's got to keep the balance between the people who like one aspect of the game and the people who like another; I doubt they'll remove the puzzles ever. Besides, I like those. ):

Massai
May 16th, 2010, 08:17 AM
If you prefer the puzzles to the battles you are a) playing the wrong game and b) need to invest in some Tetris Time so you can become sharp enough to move on to better puzzles then rotating blocks to get from one ledge to another.

The Cynic
May 16th, 2010, 08:18 AM
I'm going to go along with the croud here and say please, please, please let there be a Dark-type gym and please, please, please may the first type not be Rock. Rock should come in 5th or 6th to give it a chance to shine because it dosn't necessarily need to be a noobish type. Look at Brock in HG/SS.

I would like more intricate and extravagant gym puzzles and designs like the ones in Platinum and in HG/SS. I think they should stick with monotype as it gives the gym more structure. A mixture would just get monotonous. The gym leaders can still have themes and gimmicks of course (eg. Whitney uses cute pokemon etc.). I do like the idea of gym leaders taking more prominence in the storyline though. I mean, why didn't Sabrina just destroy Team Rocket herself istead of just sitting back while they took over the city?

Timbjerr
May 16th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Gyms need to keep their type themes, but the leaders don't necessarily need to have monotype teams. Throw in one pokemon of a different type to deal with pokemon that can normally wall the rest of the team. (such as an electric gym leader using a water type to deal with n00bs that think they can wall him with a ground-type, and possibly set up a rain dance/thunder combo or something).

I think we need a Dark-type gym pretty badly, and bug-type, poison-type, ground-type, and dragon-type gyms need to be brought back. :P

BeachBoy
May 16th, 2010, 08:33 AM
First off I think the gym leaders should incorporate more of a strategy than mindlessly abusing the same type. Like Timbjerr said, throw in one of another time.

I think we need another steel-type gym with something other than Steelix abuse, but that's unlikely. :(

Lord Varion
May 16th, 2010, 08:57 AM
If there is another
Rock/Water gyms
i will kill myslef

Sweet Smoochum
May 16th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Gyms need to keep their type themes, but the leaders don't necessarily need to have monotype teams. Throw in one pokemon of a different type to deal with pokemon that can normally wall the rest of the team. (such as an electric gym leader using a water type to deal with n00bs that think they can wall him with a ground-type, and possibly set up a rain dance/thunder combo or something).

I think we need a Dark-type gym pretty badly, and bug-type, poison-type, ground-type, and dragon-type gyms need to be brought back. :P

I like your ideas. I agree with you on the type gyms that should be included. I'd also like a Fire Type gym with a red haired female as the gym leader. With the fire type gym, the Pokemon can have electric/grass moves to counteract against water/ground Pokemon. For example, she can use a Vulpix/Ninetales with Energy Ball, Dark Pulse, Safeguard, and Flamethrower.

I'd also like the return of rematches.

Samme!
May 16th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Looking at what Lily said above, I definitely want the return of Gym Leader Rematches as well. But the thing is, in HG/SS I feel that the whole process of re-battling a Gym Leader was too complex and confusing, even if it did provide some sort of challenge. I liked the simplicity of the Trainer Café in Platinum and how each leader came in randomly. So I hope something like that will be implemented.

I wouldn't mind if we could re-battle them in their own gym, as well.

sampika08
May 16th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Okay :-
Rock/Ground
Fire
Water/Ice
Electric
Flying
Psychic/Ghost
Grass/Poison/Bug
Dragon
Dark
Steel
Fighting
So 8 of those *although they always combine types for gyms.
1st- Rock
2nd- Flying
3rd-Fighting/Ground
4th-Dark/Psychic
5th- Water
6th- Grass/Bug/Poison
7th- Electric
8th- I quite like - like Gary - a mixture of them all.

Charmageddon
May 16th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Let's see, these are the number of gyms that each type has:

Rock: 3 (Pewter, Rustboro, Oreburgh)
Fighting: 3 (Cianwood, Dewford, Veilstone)
Electric: 3 (Vermillion, Mauville, Sunnyshore)
Water: 3 (Cerulean, Sootopolis, Pastoria)

Grass: 2 (Celadon, Eterna)
Fire: 2 (Cinnabar, Lavaridge)
Ghost: 2 (Eurecteak, Hearthome)
Psychic: 2 (Saffron, Mossdeep)
Ice: 2 (Mahogany, Snowpoint)
Steel: 2 (Olivine, Canaclave)
Flying: 2 (Violet, Fortree)
Normal: 2 (Goldenrod, Petalburg)

Bug: 1 (Azalea)
Dragon: 1 (Blackthorn)
Ground: 1 (Viridian)
Poison: 1 (Fuschia)

Dark: 0

I think that Dark is a definite, GF would have to be brain-dead to leave it out again. It'll probably be a late gym as Dark-types are generally quite strong and a Dark-type leader is likely to use complex tactics, though it could work as an early gym. I think we are very likely to see Bug, Dragon, Ground and Poison as we've only had one of each, and none in the last two generations. I'd like to see a late Bug gym and an early Dragon gym, that would be interesting, people would think Bug=weak and Dragon=strong, but a gym leader with Heracross, Scizor and the like would shut them up. Although we did just have a Bug E4 member, so maybe a middle gym is more likely for Bug.

We're unlikely to see any of the gyms that already have 3 to their name, that would be overkill. So we have the 8 with 2, competing for 3 spaces. It could be any of them, but logic hopes that we won't see any of the same gyms we saw in the last generation, therefore it'll be 3 of Fire, Psychic, Flying and Normal. Now Psychic has been overdone all around, with 2 E4 members to its name, but I suspect we might well see a Flying and/or Normal-type E4 member, as they, along with Grass, are the only types not yet represented in the E4, and so are unlikely to have a gym as well.

Of course, this is all assuming that they keep to the monotyped gym formula. It's likely that they will, but this generation does seem to be different from the others in many ways, and we keep getting the message that these games will be different from any other game before, so anything is possible.

This is also assuming that GF have a shred of logic to their name, which is debatable.

So, my top three wishes:

1) Dark-type gym, 'nuff said.
2) No Fighting-type gym leader OR E4 member please. So far we've had 2 E4 members and 3 and a half gyms. That's quite enough, thank you.
3) Please, god please, no Rock gym. And if there is what, can it not be the first gym? We've done it three times already, any more would be simply ridiculous. It's boring, repetitive and uninspired, and we've had enough of it.

Blue
May 16th, 2010, 09:58 AM
I'd like it to be COMPLETELY different i.e

Psychic
Fire
Dragon
Steel
Water
Grass
Bug
Dark

I really want a Dark type gym leader

tvoza2
May 16th, 2010, 10:04 AM
i think we'll definatly see a dark type gym, but there's a strong possibility for a new type. probably a space type, because who really belives the gaurdians of time and space should be steel (even though dialga's my favorite ledgend) and water combos?

Waffle-San
May 16th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Let's see, these are the number of gyms that each type has:

Rock: 3 (Pewter, Rustboro, Oreburgh)
Fighting: 3 (Cianwood, Dewford, Veilstone)
Electric: 3 (Vermillion, Mauville, Sunnyshore)
Water: 3 (Cerulean, Sootopolis, Pastoria)

Grass: 2 (Celadon, Eterna)
Fire: 2 (Cinnabar, Lavaridge)
Ghost: 2 (Eurecteak, Hearthome)
Psychic: 2 (Saffron, Mossdeep)
Ice: 2 (Mahogany, Snowpoint)
Steel: 2 (Olivine, Canaclave)
Flying: 2 (Violet, Fortree)
Normal: 2 (Goldenrod, Petalburg)

Bug: 1 (Azalea)
Dragon: 1 (Blackthorn)
Ground: 1 (Viridian)
Poison: 1 (Fuschia)

Dark: 0

I think that Dark is a definite, GF would have to be brain-dead to leave it out again. It'll probably be a late gym as Dark-types are generally quite strong and a Dark-type leader is likely to use complex tactics, though it could work as an early gym. I think we are very likely to see Bug, Dragon, Ground and Poison as we've only had one of each, and none in the last two generations. I'd like to see a late Bug gym and an early Dragon gym, that would be interesting, people would think Bug=weak and Dragon=strong, but a gym leader with Heracross, Scizor and the like would shut them up. Although we did just have a Bug E4 member, so maybe a middle gym is more likely for Bug.

We're unlikely to see any of the gyms that already have 3 to their name, that would be overkill. So we have the 8 with 2, competing for 3 spaces. It could be any of them, but logic hopes that we won't see any of the same gyms we saw in the last generation, therefore it'll be 3 of Fire, Psychic, Flying and Normal. Now Psychic has been overdone all around, with 2 E4 members to its name, but I suspect we might well see a Flying and/or Normal-type E4 member, as they, along with Grass, are the only types not yet represented in the E4, and so are unlikely to have a gym as well.

Of course, this is all assuming that they keep to the monotyped gym formula. It's likely that they will, but this generation does seem to be different from the others in many ways, and we keep getting the message that these games will be different from any other game before, so anything is possible.

This is also assuming that GF have a shred of logic to their name, which is debatable.

So, my top three wishes:

1) Dark-type gym, 'nuff said.
2) No Fighting-type gym leader OR E4 member please. So far we've had 2 E4 members and 3 and a half gyms. That's quite enough, thank you.
3) Please, god please, no Rock gym. And if there is what, can it not be the first gym? We've done it three times already, any more would be simply ridiculous. It's boring, repetitive and uninspired, and we've had enough of it.

You covered it quite nicely. :P Generally I think the puzzles in the gym are well justified and should remain, you're getting a gym badge, be prepared to work for it.

I too am hoping for a Dark gym and no first time around rock gym.

My other idea was to make gyms part of the terrain, so instead of having to enter a building you have to climb a mountain!! Wild pokemon battle included!! That way you could even return to the gym to train!!

Hantsuki
May 16th, 2010, 10:48 AM
I kind of want something completely different. Not just another elemental type gym leader specialty, but actually a gym leader who has a team of another type. For example, how Falkner specialized in bird types (which is obviously flying), but I would like to have what I think would be called a "species" leader. For example, like that bird idea, they could have a canine leader (Pokemon that resemble dogs) or a feline leader (Pokemon that resemble cats) and maybe some others, a turtle leader or whatever.

Not like they would do something like that, but it would be nice to see something a little bit different.

Noah Ridgewood
May 16th, 2010, 10:49 AM
I'd like it to be COMPLETELY different i.e

Psychic
Fire
Dragon
Steel
Water
Grass
Bug
Dark

I really want a Dark type gym leader
I would really like to see these types be the ones chosen for gym leaders. Maybe not in that order, since I would really prefer Psychic and Dragon to be used later (psychic probably Gym #6 and Dragon Gym #5) but it would really be nice to drift away from the typical rock, electric, fighting, water that you basically find in nearly every single region. But I'm really excited to see the gym leaders more than what type's they'll be specializing in. It'd also be interesting to see something like the fighting dojo be reintroduced in this region and have some mini-gyms for experience purposes.

Charmageddon
May 16th, 2010, 11:25 AM
My other idea was to make gyms part of the terrain, so instead of having to enter a building you have to climb a mountain!! Wild pokemon battle included!! That way you could even return to the gym to train!!

That would be epic. To fight a Water-type leader you have to swim to the bottom of the ocean, to find the Bug leader you must make your way deep into a forest... that would make an incredible game. There would have to be a Pokemon Centre near the leader though.

Bay Alexison
May 16th, 2010, 11:52 AM

First off I think the gym leaders should incorporate more of a strategy than mindlessly abusing the same type. Like Timbjerr said, throw in one of another time.

I think we need another steel-type gym with something other than Steelix abuse, but that's unlikely. :(
I like your ideas. I agree with you on the type gyms that should be included. I'd also like a Fire Type gym with a red haired female as the gym leader. With the fire type gym, the Pokemon can have electric/grass moves to counteract against water/ground Pokemon. For example, she can use a Vulpix/Ninetales with Energy Ball, Dark Pulse, Safeguard, and Flamethrower.

I'd also like the return of rematches.

Actually, in Diamond/Pearl Candice and Volkner did something like that before their team got overhauled in Platinum. Candice had a Medicham because it can learn Ice Punch and Volkner had both Ambipom and Octillery because they learned a couple electric attacks. But yeah, maybe something with a bit more tact like you guys mentioned could be something interesting to spice things up.

And Sweet Smoochum, there's already a Fire Type gym with a red haired female: Flannery from the R/S/E games. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Flannery. Of course, she's pretty easy to beat. :x

Ayselipera
May 16th, 2010, 12:02 PM
I think just about everyone has probably already said this before me, but I'm guessing we'll finally see the introduction of a dark type gym. Am I jumping for joy? No not really, I mean it will be nice to finally see a dark gym, but I'm not overly excited for it. I am hoping it will house Pokemon like Umbreon and Houndour, not just all the newer dark types.

The one thing I will say though is that I really hope the first gym is not a rock type gym. In fact I would like it if there wasn't even a rock gym leader throughout the whole game. Brock was nostalgic, Roxanne was forgettable, and Roark is annoying. I don't need another rock gym leader to stare at especially if they end up being the first gym leader.

Sweet Smoochum
May 16th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Actually, in Diamond/Pearl Candice and Volkner did something like that before their team got overhauled in Platinum. Candice had a Medicham because it can learn Ice Punch and Volkner had both Ambipom and Octillery because they learned a couple electric attacks. But yeah, maybe something with a bit more tact like you guys mentioned could be something interesting to spice things up.

And Sweet Smoochum, there's already a Fire Type gym with a red haired female: Flannery from the R/S/E games. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Flannery. Of course, she's pretty easy to beat. :x

I know about Flannery, but why can't there be another red haired female fire type gym leader with better Pokemon? She could have an evolution of the fire pig starter or something. I pretty much don't care about the type as long as there's a red haired gym leader (or E4 member or champ) in this game that looks a little bit like me. XD

Bay Alexison
May 16th, 2010, 12:15 PM
I think just about everyone has probably already said this before me, but I'm guessing we'll finally see the introduction of a dark type gym. Am I jumping for joy? No not really, I mean it will be nice to finally see a dark gym, but I'm not overly excited for it. I am hoping it will house Pokemon like Umbreon and Houndour, not just all the newer dark types.

The one thing I will say though is that I really hope the first gym is not a rock type gym. In fact I would like it if there wasn't even a rock gym leader throughout the whole game. Brock was nostalgic, Roxanne was forgettable, and Roark is annoying. I don't need another rock gym leader to stare at especially if they end up being the first gym leader.
Hm, I wouldn't mind too much if only the newer dark types are housed if they're good. For sure Zorua/Zoroark will be used. Depends maybe where the dark gym will be placed, so it could be a chance some of the older dark types will come into play. I"m hoping Absol might be used in the gym. XD *gets shot for being an Absol fan*

Esper
May 16th, 2010, 12:20 PM
If they're going to have gyms and badges I want there to be new ways to challenge them and get them thar badges.

I'd like to see you team up with a gym leader to battle off some foes and save the day. They can give you a badge for that rather than for beating them in a battle. Of course it's not as much fun if you can't battle them so they can work that into the story as a fun battle between friends once the crisis is averted. I want to see the gym leaders integrated heavily into the story as friends of the characters, relatives, or even enemies/rivals/opponents/whatever.

Ayselipera
May 16th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Hm, I wouldn't mind too much if only the newer dark types are housed if they're good. For sure Zorua/Zoroark will be used. Depends maybe where the dark gym will be placed, so it could be a chance some of the older dark types will come into play. I"m hoping Absol might be used in the gym. XD *gets shot for being an Absol fan*

Well don't get me wrong I'm not totally against seeing new and newer dark types in a dark type gym, I just don't want the older dark types to be ignored. Since they never really got their debut to begin with. Unless you want to count Karen of the Johto Elite Four, but still.

Charmageddon
May 16th, 2010, 01:58 PM
If we do get a Dark-type gym I can see Zoroark being the signature Pokemon (like Lucario was).

chaos11011
May 16th, 2010, 02:08 PM
The gyms shouldn't be based on type it should be based on strategy,like A Trick Room Gyms with Slow pokemon for the trainers and the Leader has A bunch of pokemon who utilizes Trick Room Well.(then gives out Trick Room)Or maybe a Baton Pass team.Trainers uses Stat boosting move and the leader uses a chain Baton Pass team and gives out Swords Dance as the TM

Zeph.
May 16th, 2010, 02:15 PM
I'd like to see Bug get a bit more respect too. Bugsy's Scyther wasn't the worst, but they could still go one up with Scizor or Vespiquen or any new bug types in Gen V.

cobraman228
May 16th, 2010, 02:26 PM
All I want is

- No gym buildings, instead you go through a cave or a forest or an ocean to find not a gym leader, but a "Badge Bearer", a person who gives you a badge once you defeat them.

-No ROCK TYPE, they're too easy

-Dark Type all the way

JAK3
May 16th, 2010, 02:36 PM
I would like to see the puzzles kept in these games, I enjoyed the puzzles in all the generation games, so why not keep the tradition running?

Raichupacabra
May 16th, 2010, 02:40 PM
they seriously need to make a dark type gym
good team
zoroark
absol
spritomb
?????
5th gen dark type

The gyms shouldn't be based on type it should be based on strategy,like A Trick Room Gyms with Slow pokemon for the trainers and the Leader has A bunch of pokemon who utilizes Trick Room Well.(then gives out Trick Room)Or maybe a Baton Pass team.Trainers uses Stat boosting move and the leader uses a chain Baton Pass team and gives out Swords Dance as the TM

well they did use stat boosting moves in rse in norman's gym

GlitchCity
May 16th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Well I do believe that gym leaders are supposed to protect their cities, I just want them to play a major role in the story (besides just defeating them)

chaos11011
May 16th, 2010, 03:49 PM
they seriously need to make a dark type gym
good team
zoroark
absol
spritomb
?????
5th gen dark type

well they did use stat boosting moves in rse in norman's gym
Yes but it was a normal based gym,Norman didn't set up on his opponents

Tyrantrum
May 16th, 2010, 04:16 PM
^ this right here ^

Maybe something like this:

Bug
Normal
Ground
Poison
Dark
Dragon
Fire
Ice

Maybe a different order. The ones bolded are the ones Timbjerr said and also the ones that we do actually need brought back. The other three are possible ones that I would like to see put in there. Maybe there could be a Steel-type gym in the game, too?

Bay Alexison
May 16th, 2010, 04:27 PM
I know about Flannery, but why can't there be another red haired female fire type gym leader with better Pokemon? She could have an evolution of the fire pig starter or something. I pretty much don't care about the type as long as there's a red haired gym leader (or E4 member or champ) in this game that looks a little bit like me. XD
Heh, already mentioned Flannery is quite easy. XD

Well don't get me wrong I'm not totally against seeing new and newer dark types in a dark type gym, I just don't want the older dark types to be ignored. Since they never really got their debut to begin with. Unless you want to count Karen of the Johto Elite Four, but still.
Yeah, I get what you're saying. Maybe they'll mix in second and third gen dark types, though I see the third gen ones will be used more because the second gen dark types have appeared quite a bit in Platinum (though not anyone being a Dark type trainer).

If they're going to have gyms and badges I want there to be new ways to challenge them and get them thar badges.

I'd like to see you team up with a gym leader to battle off some foes and save the day. They can give you a badge for that rather than for beating them in a battle. Of course it's not as much fun if you can't battle them so they can work that into the story as a fun battle between friends once the crisis is averted. I want to see the gym leaders integrated heavily into the story as friends of the characters, relatives, or even enemies/rivals/opponents/whatever.
Hm, I quite like the idea of seeing more gym leaders being integrated heavily into the storyline one way or another. Now, I say more because there are a few instances where they have been integrated like Giovanni your enemy actually, Clair won't give you the badge until you get through the Dragon's Den, and Norman your father (although that isn't expanded that much). However, more than likely you'll still have to battle them for a badge, sad to say. D:

Volroc
May 16th, 2010, 04:31 PM
i tihnk we should have this:

Ghost
Fire
Water
Grass
Dragon
Dark
Mixed
Mixed

------
Also no gym puzzles, just fill it up with trainers you have to fight :P
i personally want the gym leaders, and e4 to be involved more into the storyline
i loved platinum for that :3 (platinum is only 2nd to Johto Region Games :P )

Mew396
May 24th, 2010, 02:39 PM
I would have to agree would a lot of people and say a dark type gym because it's the only type we haven't seen so far.

Karen of the Johto E4 uses dark types but she doesn't count because she's not a gym leader.

Angelroid
May 24th, 2010, 02:47 PM
I would like to see.

Fighting
Dark
Steel
Psychic
Poison
Dragon
Fire
Flying

pieguy259
May 24th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Perhaps this:

Rock (it's tradition, that makes it OK)
Bug
Poison
Dark
Ground
Electric (with a female Gym Leader this time)
Ghost
Dragon

Bluemoon
May 24th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Well from what i heard there will be another new type called "Light"... they probabaly make a GYM for that one....

Bloothump
May 24th, 2010, 04:07 PM
One thing I dislike about how gyms are set up is in many towns, you could just roll up, kick gym butt, and roll out, spare maybe a small encounter. In every city, there needs to be some sort of dilemma solved before you can fight the gym leader in every town. In most cases, the problem should involve said leader, thus adding at least a bit more involvement with their characters. Say the gym leader wants to quit, and refuses to go back into his gym. Say another hhas been kidnapped, or missing for the past few days. I think if Team Generic has some kind of plot involving gym leaders, that could also help keep them out of their gyms. And face it, it doesn't quite stack up that Team Generic isn't scared of the all mighty gym leaders busting their balls, and likewise the gym leaders stay out of Team Generic's affairs.

Sacr3d Fire
May 24th, 2010, 04:11 PM
I think gyms will be the same like in the other games but i agree with the idea of dark gym,they never made one before and a dragon gym will be awsome.

Porygon-Z
May 24th, 2010, 04:21 PM
I would like to see this combo:

Psychic (Pokémon like Raltz, Drowzee, Starmie)
Poison (Pokémon like Venonat, Nidorino, Nidorina, Nidoking)
Fire (Pokémon like Growlithe, Houndour, Magmar, Houndoom)
Dark (Pokémon like Murkrow, Sabeleye, Honchkrow, Absol)
Bug (Pinsir, Scyther, Beedrill, Venemoth, Scizor)
Ground (Sandslash, Claydol, Donphan, Flygon)
Flying (Dodrio, Jumpluff, Drifblim, Gliscor, Gyarados)
Normal (Ambipom, Togekiss, Snorlax, Swellow ,Slaking, Porygon-Z

With an Elite Four of:

Rock (Cradilly, Armaldo, Aerodactly, Rampardos, Kabutops)
Grass (Parasect, Tropius,Exeggutor, Ludicolo, Shiftry)
Water (Tentacruel, Crawdaunt, Gastrodon, Poliwrath, Kingdra)
Electric (Electrode, Lanturn, Magnezone, Jolteon, Electivire)

Stew_The_Jew
May 24th, 2010, 04:50 PM
well that was volker(cant spell) from sunnyshore in 4th gen. he has an octillery to deal with ground types

PiPVoda
May 24th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Well I do believe that gym leaders are supposed to protect their cities, I just want them to play a major role in the story (besides just defeating them)

Love that idea! It would have made perfect sense use this scenario in gen 4. Like each city with a gym had a piece of the Adamant/Lustrous orbs and once you've collected all it should have led to fighting Team Galactic for the orb, them getting away, blah blah blah you know the rest.

Wonder how they could implement that in b&w but I'm sure they'd find a way.

Anyways, the gym leaders I think should be in this order:

Normal or Normal/Fighting
----Pkmn: Bidoof, Tyrogue, two gen 5 normals
Electric
----Pkmn: Gen 5 electrics, maybe a luxio or pikachu
Steel
----Pkmn: Scizor, two gen 5 steel types, skarmory or metang
Psychic
---Pkmn: Raltz! or Espeon, the rest gen 5
Fire
---Pkmn: ALL GEN 5 FIRE TYPES, so at least 3
Water
---Pkmn: Gen 5 water types, maybe a wailmer added in too cuz I love 'em
Dragon
---Pkmn: Garchomp or Flygon, gen 5 dragons
Dark
---Pkmn: Zoroark, Absol, Honchcrow, 2 other gen 5 dark types

. Rock has been the first gym for too many gens, and honestly I feel that having rock be 3rd would mean stronger rock types and not just make rock gyms known as the 'easy ones' anymore. We haven't had psychic since what Kanto (if I'm right) so it should be brought back. Fire deserves to be strong, but at the same time I'm not in favor of make it one of the last 3. I added water because more than likely there will be a ton of new water types, and they're like a cornerstone of pokemon games so not having a water gym wouldn't make since. Dark should be last to show its true power and Dragon 7th.

Mortalis
May 24th, 2010, 06:39 PM
We need a good Dark Type Gym. That would be lovely; I could see the gym leader using Zorua or Zoroark. Heh heh heh. [/devious]

I would also love a nice normal type gym ... a powerful one, because normal types are fun to go against. They have a lot of health and strategies that lend a good challenge.

Another fighting gym would be nice ... but a thing they need to update is the puzzles in the gyms to get to the gym leaders / advance further into the gym. Fantina's gym had the right idea, but they were too easy. An actual challenging puzzle would be awesome.

Azzurra
May 24th, 2010, 10:28 PM
I'm hoping for a tough first and last leader. The last installment of the Pokemon franchise disappointed me with their last choices for levels and Pokemon for the party, ect. I honestly wouldn't mind a challenge.

Ger Japa
May 28th, 2010, 07:30 AM
I'm looking forward to this:

1st: grass - root badge
2nd: water - whirl badge
3rd: electric - lightning badge
4th: poison - fog badge
5th: ice - icy-eye badge
6th: psychic - sound badge
7th: dragon - tornado badge
8th: fire - firesoul badge

:P

Adley
June 5th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Assuming there are 8 gyms in this region, as with the past, what 8 types do you expect to be found within the Isshu region? (Didn't see a thread on this)

I expect a rock-type gym, since it has been in the past three of four regions. I also expect a dark-type gym, considering there hasn't been one as of yet.

So, what types are you expecting? How about with the Elite Four and Champion?

Thorns
June 5th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Dark type since we've yet to have one and it's the only type that doesn't have it's own gym.

Maybe Psychic and Flying too.

Blue
June 5th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Yeah, for Four Generations now, we haven't yet seen a Dark type gym and I think it's about time we do see one, i'd also like to see a flying type gym.

Totaldile
June 5th, 2010, 01:59 PM
I'd like a dark one, fire, water, grass, ground, a multiple type gym leader, maybe steel, another normal type gym.

Shiny Shaymin
June 5th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Poison, maybe. We haven’t had one of those in a while. =S

Adley
June 5th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Kanto's gym leader Koga or something like that

cyan.
June 5th, 2010, 02:08 PM
I think it's time for a flying gym.

seal
June 5th, 2010, 02:11 PM
I think Poison, Dark, Bug, Flying, Dragon, Fighting, Ground and Psychic Gyms would be nice.

Shiny Shaymin
June 5th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Kanto's gym leader Koga or something like that

Oh yeah, I forgot. Haha. xP

Masterge77
June 5th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Gym 1: Rock (You know it will be)
Gym 2: Bug (we have not had one since Gen 2)
Gym 3: Fire
Gym 4: Ghost
Gym 5: Water (Don't we always have a water gym?)
Gym 6: Poison (we have not had one since Gen 1)
Gym 7: Ice (Don't we always have an ice gym too?)
Gym 8: Dark (we need one badly)

Elite 1: Ground
Elite 2: Psychic
Elite 3: Flying
Elite 4: Steel

Champion: Variety (Monotype Champions are too easy)

cystar
June 5th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Gym 1: Rock
Gym 2: Flying
Gym 3: Dark
Gym 4: Steel
Gym 5: Elecrtirc
Gym 6: Water
Gym 7:Poisen
Gym 8: Fire

Elite 4
1: Fighting
2:Fire
3:Ice
4:Psycic
Champion: Normal

Oh, The Places You'll Go.
June 5th, 2010, 03:44 PM
I would expect to battle against:
Water
Fire
Grass
Flying
Electric
Dark
Psychic
Ground
Not in any particular order, just listed as they came to mind.

Darkest Shade of Light
June 5th, 2010, 03:52 PM
I think it's time for a flying gym.
Winona from Hoenn? She's flying

Adley
June 5th, 2010, 04:35 PM
And Flying was the first gym in Jhoto as well. As to the suggestion of a normal type champion, thats far too easy

spike6958
June 5th, 2010, 04:38 PM
I personally think they should up the amount of badges to 17(or more if new types are added) and have a Gym for each type, 8 badges always seemed low after G/S/C.

Adley
June 5th, 2010, 04:57 PM
I personally think they should up the amount of badges to 17(or more if new types are added) and have a Gym for each type, 8 badges always seemed low after G/S/C.

But if there was a gym for every type, would't that make the Elite Four a little redundant? Since they each have their own type as well?

spike6958
June 5th, 2010, 05:43 PM
But if there was a gym for every type, would't that make the Elite Four a little redundant? Since they each have their own type as well?

Well IMO the E4 have always been redundant, there really just glorified Gym Leaders anyway, I would much prefer to have them replaced with actual Gym Leaders, so we have more places to explore, train and catch are Pokemon, instead of just 4 rooms with a trainer in the middle, and besides they don't have to make the E4 focus on one Pokemon type each, giving them different types of Pokemon would help make them more of a challenge.

Sakura Rain
June 5th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Like everyone else, Dark type gym plz.

I'd also like a Fire type gym and a Psychic type gym just because I love those types.

I don't care what the other gym's types are, but I would like to have something other than Rock first.

Elise
June 5th, 2010, 06:04 PM
I think it would be very cool if the game aged as we have. I don't know if there are others like me, but I've been playing this game for 13 years. Maybe switching it up, like adding more gyms/ or making it so the E4 has more than just a monotype team would be awesome.

But, other than that: Dark or Poison as gyms for sure. And Dragon seems to be a main staple of the E4 (:

Felly
June 5th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Multitype gyms would be nice. I'm getting kinda tired of the monotype gyms. :/ But that's just me.

It'd be nice if the entire E4 was monotype as well instead of just the champion.

Dillon_68
June 5th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Normal: Whitney and Norman. Since there was a generation gap, maybe.
Fire: Blaine, Flannery. Possibly a Fire gym this gen, to keep the pattern going, lol.
Water: Misty, Wallace/Juan, Wake. No Water this gen.
Grass: Erika, Gardenia. No Grass this gen since we had one the Gen before.
Electric: Volkner came last gen, and we've also had Surge and Wattson. No.
Ground: Giovanni was the only Ground, we need another one.
Rock: 3 Rock Gyms before (Brock, Roxanne, and Roark). No.
Ice: Pryce and Candice, even though the latter was last gen, Ice is in the minority, so that's a maybe.
Fighting: Chuck, Brawly, and Maylene. No.
Psychic: Sabrina, Tate & Liza. Why not, keep the same pattern that Fire had going with Psychic as well.
Dark: No Dark Gym? Definite yes.
Ghost: Morty and Fantina. It's in the minority, so maybe.
Steel: Bryon and Jasmine. Yes.
Dragon: Clair was the only one, so yeah.
Poison: Koga and Janine, who were both for Kanto. WAY PAST DUE.
Bug: Only Bugsy, and that was 3 gens ago, yes.
Flying: Winona and Falkner. Hmm...Generation gap, sure.

Normal, Fire, Ground, Ice, Dark, Ghost, Flying, Bug, Poison, Dragon are all possibilities.

batmon
June 5th, 2010, 06:31 PM
I want to see a Normal gym, both Whitney and Norman were the hardest gym leaders I've ever faced.

Timbjerr
June 5th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I'm feeling like:
- Ground
- Bug
- Flying
- Psychic
- Fire
- Grass
- Poison
- Dark

Followed by this E4:
- Rock/Steel
- Water/Ice
- Ghost/Poison
- Dragon/Flying
- Normal

GrifSpark
June 6th, 2010, 02:54 AM
Well, here are a couple of ideas for the Gyms;

1st. Rock. Roland
Makes sense, since all the first Gym's (Excluding Johto's) were Rock type.

2nd. Ice. Lisa
Could be possible if the Gym was near a cave or mountain range of some sort. (Like current Ice Gym's)

3rd. Dark. Tyson
There hasn't been a Dark Gym yet... . That could spice things up a bit.

4th. Flying. Ariel
The Flying Gym in Johto wasn't great because of the lack of available Flying types. But the one in Hoenn (Wiona) was awesome.

5th. Bug. Molly
They can be awesome. Srsy...

6th. Psychic. Wally
(Anyone who's played R/S/E will know who he is)
I found the Psychic Gym in Saffron city to be one hell of a fight. I think there should be more Psychic Gym's. And I think Wally from R/S/E should have a bigger part.

7th. Normal. Paul
The Normal Gym in Hoenn was one hell of a fight (Damn Slaking...)

8th. Dragon. Samantha
Possibly the most difficult Gym type by having a resistance to the four main types.

For the more "Eagle Eyed" reader, you may have noticed I missed out all four main types (Water, Grass, Fire, Electricity). Which is why I chose these E4 leaders

1st. Grass. Oliver

2nd. Water. Louisa

3rd. Fire. Ted

4th. Electricity. Amphin

Having those types as E4 leaders would make it one hell of a challenge, because combined there's only a few Type's that don't have a weakness to them.

Liliana Vess
June 6th, 2010, 03:19 AM
Well i would like:
1: Bug
2: Ghost
3: Dark
4: Dragon
5: Poison
6: Grass
7: Dragon
8: Ground

The reason why i picked these is because om still hoping for a return to Hoen :P

Gramisaur
June 6th, 2010, 03:35 AM
I'm thinking something along the lines of:

01. Poison
02. Ground
03. Bug
04. Psychic
05. Grass
06. Ghost
07. Dark
08. Dragon

------------

01. Normal
02. Electric
03. Fire
04. Water

Champion - Misc.

No fighting as they've featured every gen in some capacity or other and I just find them really irritating :/ Same for Rock.

cystar
June 6th, 2010, 04:10 AM
17 gyms one of every type ancd the elite 4 are not type speciffic

Shining Meganium
June 6th, 2010, 10:30 AM
I think they should get rid of monotype gyms and have other various themes.

here are some ideas-
various weather gyms.
a baton passer.
a scary one with dark, ghost and poison.
tough one consisting of rock, steel, ground and fighting.

markboyable
June 6th, 2010, 02:47 PM
i would love an all rounder gym

BridZworld
June 6th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I would like to see a dark type gym and a bug type gym early on in the game, or even a psychic early on, I am fed up of rock type gyms all together now lol.. Also I agree with a few others here that the gym leaders should have more prominent roles in the game. It is pretty boring that you go in the gym battle the leader and thats that.

A Pixy
June 6th, 2010, 03:59 PM
I want the last Gym Leader to be Rock. His/her Pokemon would have incredible Defense. That would be cool. :D

Rehanlarc
June 6th, 2010, 05:50 PM
I think that almost all the games are great, but I wish they would incorporate a dark gym, and maybe make a new type, but that would be hard... I agree that they should have multiple types in a gym or make one gym offensive or defensive or something. I also wish that they would have the gym leaders more incorporated in the plot, like how the elite four master normally is. I overall think that it will be exciting to know new information, and also I was wondering if anyone would tell me where to get most of the information...

PiPVoda
June 6th, 2010, 05:53 PM
[QUOTE=Sweet Smoochum;5857313]I agree with all of those.

What genders each gym leader could be:
Poison: Guy
Dark: Girl
Bug: Girl (Girls can like bugs, too.) Her name can be Ariana and her hair could be in pigtails.
Flying: Male or female (since we've already had one of each.)
Dragon: Male (we already had a female one, so male)
Fighting: A guy (Chuck & Maylene, Maylene was previous gen, so a guy this time)
Ground: Girl
Psychic: Guy

Maybe an E4 member could use Electric pokemon. She could be a guitarist. ^_^

I also agree with Dillon_68

who said:

Possible genders for the types you listed:

Normal: Girl (Whitney & Norman)
Fire: Guy (Pokabu evo)
Ground: Girl (can have Donphan)
Ice: Guy
Ghost: Guy (Morty & Fantina)
Flying: Guy (Falkner & Winona, guy this time)
Bug: Girl --Ariana
Poison: Guy (Koga & Janine)
Dragon: Guy (Clair was the only one, so guy this time.)[/
[QUOTE]

No water? :'( Though it's been used in every generation water is an important part of the world, and the pokemon world. With so many water types (and possibly even more new ones) shouldn't we have one? The ice gym leader could be water/ice.

Good list, but I think that a girl should be fire ever since I battled the awesomeness that is Flannery.

Yamikarasu
June 6th, 2010, 06:04 PM
As long as the first gym isn't Rock or Ground. It should be something that all the starters are neutral towards, but honestly I just want something new. And maybe a Dragon gym that could be early on.

Or maybe they could just put in 17 (18?) Gyms, one for each type, since I get the feeling they'll do at least something to change up the formula a bit.

Waki Tobaye
June 6th, 2010, 06:08 PM
I do not want Gym Leaders. I know it's, like, 90% assured that Gym Leaders and E4 will return; but, I dunno, Game Freak said we'd be seeing a "whole new thing" that even we would say: "Is this really Pokémon?"; so I'd like to see a new thing. A new system.

Now, if gyms return, I'd love it if they are not monotyped. I hate it when just with my Machop I could defeat Whitney's Miltank and Clefairy pretty easily.
I want variety, kinda like the McDonalds wannabe E4 on Diamond or Blue, I said "kinda" because it'd be cool if they were based on a theme. Cute Pokémon, baby pokémon, starter pokémon, jungle Pokémon, desert Pokémon, urban Pokémon... there are lots of things that could be made!

Edit: Ah! I got another idea. Maybe, you know, have a gym for all the types; and then you would get to a roulette or something and randomly get to challange a gym! It'd be cool.

Volroc
June 6th, 2010, 08:18 PM
I want the last Gym Leader to be Rock. His/her Pokemon would have incredible Defense. That would be cool. :D

this, but with an entire team of fossil pokemon ^_^

Thunderhead
June 6th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Well, I'm looking at some of the screens for B/W.

If you look at the current areas on serebii for black and white, you can get a better idea of what I'm thinking of.
(I can't post links yet, because I'm a n00b, lol)

Hiun City - I think that this place could hold a flying or water gym. I say this because of the bridges name thats nearby(flying), water(that its a harbor)
Town 2 - Ground type.
City 1 - If Hiun isn't water, this has a high chance of holding a water type gym due to the canals.
Factory - The town near the factory can hold normal, poison, or electric Pokemon. Most Pokemon in shady urban areas are these types.
Forest - Town near this forest can hold bug or grass. However, like in R/S/E, this could just be a forest....
Electric Cave - Town near this could hold electric...

So its Flying, Water, Ground, Posion, Normal, Electric, Bug and Grass.

I also see Dark being thrown in there somewhere as well, as its one of the only types that doesn't have a gym coverage.

For the Elite Four, I would like to see duel types for each E4, kinda similar to what they did in Jhoto.

1.Bug/Grass
2.Psychic/Ghost or Dark
3.Rock/Ground/Steal
4.Water/Ice

5.Let this be like Gary. Have three different fights depending on your starter. I would like to see this champ hold a fight.

Also, let the champion have the ability to be seen around the region for random battles, and let his/her team switch around each fight, but a level increase until you have a team stronger than reds!

JakeG
June 6th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Eh puzzles, I don't mind them unless there the annoying Ice ones.

As for Gym types, I would love to see another one like Norman's in Gen III, you choose the type of trainer style you battle as you progress through to him, I also like his balanced fighting style.

lionrt60
June 7th, 2010, 02:30 AM
NO 1st ROCK GYM!!!

right, now:

1. Flying (there is nothing else that i havent put later on)
2. Fighting
3. Fire
4. Poison
5. Ground
6. Bug
7. Dark
8. Normal

Elites:

1. Ghost
2. Electric
3. Rock
4. Grass

though i can see why most early gyms were rock/grass/bug/normal because there are basically no other types you find earlygame except the starters

Calder
June 18th, 2010, 05:26 PM
I just thought of something...What if instead of a type of gym (Dark, Fire, etc) you have a species Gym?

Monkey Gym: Primape Family, Hihidaruma Family, Infernape Family, etc.

That might explain the Honeycomb map in the game... Bee Gym: Vespiquen as the main Pokemon...Maybe the first gym would be Combee & Vespiquen and maybe another Bee Pokemon like Beedrill...

WriteThemWrong
June 18th, 2010, 05:41 PM
i think a rock or steel gym is in desperate need. brock and olivia didn't have much to work with in their respective version but now that they've been updated and there's more rock and steel types, they could cause some damage

Legend_X
June 18th, 2010, 06:41 PM
If anything, I'd like for there to be more than 8 gyms(like 14 or more) in the Isshu region so that way players can pick and choose which gyms they want to battle instead of having to battle the standard eight available. Though you would still only need 8 badges to get to the elite four.

I also completely agree with the dark gym leader addition and the terrain gym areas idea. ;D

yaya0
June 18th, 2010, 07:20 PM
There won't be a dark type gym. You can quote me on that.

Mac@ACK!
June 18th, 2010, 08:54 PM
If anything, I'd like for there to be more than 8 gyms(like 14 or more) in the Isshu region so that way players can pick and choose which gyms they want to battle instead of having to battle the standard eight available. Though you would still only need 8 badges to get to the elite four.

I also completely agree with the dark gym leader addition and the terrain gym areas idea. ;D

I'm really liking that idea! Although, it would kind of botch up rematches of the gym leaders. I would love to pick and choose the leaders, which order i battle them in. Maybe even tiers of gym leaders. Say, first 3 require no badges, second few require a badge, next few require 2 badges, etc... you know?

Dark type.. PLEASE. Karen's all alone in her little world of only 2 Dark type Pokemon, and she doesn't even get to give a badge. If she's the 4th member of the elite 4, she's got to be powerful no? So why not put in another Dark member! Just so she's not alone at the Gym Leader Conferences...

Calder
June 19th, 2010, 12:14 AM
There won't be a dark type gym. You can quote me on that.

Quoted...I hope you are WRONG!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McAeQiLmEYU&feature=related) or WRONG!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRYmudWEUSo&feature=related)

I STILL VOTE FOR SPECIES GYMS....MONKEY GYM LEADERS UNTIE!!! lol Unite...(It was a joke)

seeker
June 19th, 2010, 04:17 AM
I'd like to see Gym Leaders with more of a back story like in the anime or a little like Claire had in GSC. I'd like to learn more about them leading up to the battle and possibly see them a little more after the battle itself. Speaking on the topic of types though, I think that there will be a Dark type gym which may possibly tie in with the Zoro's. The only Dark type leader of sorts, was Karen in the E4 again back in GSC. So it'll be interesting to see how the leaders pan out this time around.

Numbers
June 19th, 2010, 06:43 AM
I'd like to see the leaders incorporated into storylines as well and I too would like to see a dark Gym. I would NOT however like to see the dark Gym Leader have Zoroark.

southharmon
June 19th, 2010, 06:24 PM
normal, ground, ice, dark, and definitly grass type gyms. i always thought the gym leaders should have 6 pokemon each so i wish they would do that in these games

Ralfisme
June 20th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Wel as for the new footage it apears that the honey building is a gym, Pokebeach even goes as far as stating it's the first one. What do you guys think?

Calder
June 20th, 2010, 04:27 AM
I agree with all of those.

What genders each gym leader could be:
Poison: Guy
Bug: Girl (Girls can like bugs, too.) Her name can be Ariana and her hair could be in pigtails.
Flying: Male or female (since we've already had one of each.)
Dragon: Male (we already had a female one, so male)
Fighting: A guy (Chuck & Maylene, Maylene was previous gen, so a guy this time)
Ground: Girl
Psychic: Guy

Maybe an E4 member could use Electric pokemon. She could be a guitarist. ^_^

I also agree with Dillon_68

who said:

Possible genders for the types you listed:

Normal: Girl (Whitney & Norman)
Fire: Guy (Pokabu evo)
Ground: Girl (can have Donphan)
Ice: Guy
Ghost: Guy (Morty & Fantina)
Flying: Guy (Falkner & Winona, guy this time)
Bug: Girl --Ariana
Poison: Guy (Koga & Janine)
Dragon: Guy (Clair was the only one, so guy this time.)

No one cares about the freaking Genders...BTW the Electric E4 guy playing guitar...isn't that Volkner...but in the E4...and Dragon shouldn't be the 8th gym again...everyone of them should be new...Except maybe the first but its over played...

1st Gym: Shouldn't be Rock, Flying, Rock Again, or Rock Again Again
2nd Gym: Shouldn't be Water, Bug, Fighting, or Grass
3rd Gym: Shouldn't be Electric, Normal, Electric Again, or Fighting
4th Gym: Shouldn't be Grass, Ghost, Fire, Water
5th Gym: Shouldn't be Poison, Fighting, Normal, Ghost
6th Gym: Shouldn't be Psychic, Steel, Flying, Steel Again
7th Gym: Shouldn't be Fire, Ice, Psychic, Ice Again
8th Gym: Shouldn't be Ground, Dragon, Water, Electric

So Yeah...New Gyms Would Hopefully Be...

1st Gym: Normal
2nd Gym: Fire
3rd Gym: Grass
4th Gym: Water
5th Gym: Electric
6th Gym: Fighting
7th Gym: Steel
8th Gym: Dark

Worse Case...

1st Gym: Rock
2nd Gym: Bug
3rd Gym: Electric
4th Gym: Ghost
5th Gym: Normal
6th Gym: Steel
7th Gym: Ice
8th Gym: Dragon

Actually Even Worse...

1st Gym: Dragon
2nd Gym: Dragon
3rd Gym: Dragon
4th Gym: Dragon
5th Gym: Dragon
6th Gym: Dragon
7th Gym: Dragon
8th Gym: Dragon

Same Gym...You just fight em 8 times...Ouch

Also What If The 1st Or Last Gym Leader Was Your Mom? Like The One That Saves Money For You...Not Like Norman (Dad...) Where You Have Both Parents But When You Have Just Your Mom And She Is The First Or Last Gym Leader (Last Would Be Funny...Beat Mom Go To E4)

Orinjmate
June 20th, 2010, 07:42 AM
What I'd like to see:-
dark
flying
fire
ice

Tyranitzar
June 20th, 2010, 08:50 AM
I think it's time that some of the gyms move beyond the boring monotypes. Instead, there should be gym leaders who prefers different types of tactics. A gym with, let's say, incredibly fast pokemon, regardless of type, preferably one of the last leaders. In addition he/she will use speedy moves, like Extremespeed, Aerial Ace, Agility, moves that reduce the speed of opponents and so on.

XxRogueTrainerxX
June 20th, 2010, 10:45 AM
I made up a list of gym types not too long ago and the leaders' genders (boredom :D). Maybe the developers will give us something new.
Here they are:

1st Gym: Normal (Male)
2nd Gym: Water (Female)
3rd Gym: Fighting (Male)
4th Gym: Ground (Male)
5th Gym: Ice (Female)
6th Gym: Dark (Female)
7th Gym: Rock (Male)
8th Gym: Ghost (Female)

Elite Four:
1st Opponent: Poison (Male)
2nd Opponent: Fire (Male)
3rd Opponent: Dragon (Female)
4th Opponent: Steel (Female)
Champion: A mix of several types (Male)

Calder
June 20th, 2010, 11:00 AM
I made up a list of gym types not too long ago and the leaders' genders (boredom :D). Maybe the developers will give us something new.
Here they are:

1st Gym: Normal (Male) Yeah that should be the choice... Chiramii and Chiramii's Evo xD
2nd Gym: Water (Female) Misty's back back again... Misty's back...to kiss some random dude again....Wait thats not how it goes...Maybe she will have the evo to Gay Clown? (aka Water Starter)
3rd Gym: Fighting (Male) Maylene's Brother?
4th Gym: Ground (Male) Yeah...how about no Ground gyms ever...
5th Gym: Ice (Female) Meh...
6th Gym: Dark (Female) Doesn't matter where or when this has to happen...
7th Gym: Rock (Male) Yeah...how about no Rock gyms ever...
8th Gym: Ghost (Female) Psychic (Male) would be better...As that could be Wally...I miss that Green haired freak...

Elite Four:
1st Opponent: Poison (Male) Koga...
2nd Opponent: Fire (Male) Flint....
3rd Opponent: Dragon (Female) No...**** Clair...
4th Opponent: Steel (Female) Jasmine...?
Champion: A mix of several types (Male) Gary is that you? No...Oh it's Green now...Okay

Bold Are My Comments...They Really Are...I'm Not Lying

Ralfisme
June 20th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Wel heres a list i made:

1st: poison (female)
2nd: psychic (male)
3rd: fire (male)
4th: flying (male)
5th: ground (female)
6th: dragon (male)
7th: bug (male)
8th: dark (female)

E4

1st: water (female)
2nd: rock (male)
3rd: gras (male)
4th: steel (female)
champion: mixed but stil themed just not type wise(male)

Kanto_Johto
June 20th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Gyms need to keep their type themes, but the leaders don't necessarily need to have monotype teams. Throw in one pokemon of a different type to deal with pokemon that can normally wall the rest of the team. (such as an electric gym leader using a water type to deal with n00bs that think they can wall him with a ground-type, and possibly set up a rain dance/thunder combo or something).I would actually like to see this in full swing. Perhaps we could even have a troll Gym leader who says he uses Electric types, but actually has a full team of Water and Grass types.

I for one would laugh my ass off.

Storm_has_formed
June 20th, 2010, 12:49 PM
i loved the Blaine and Blue battles in HGSS, because they used strategies. As long as that happens, and they actually use switch outs(i seriously mean it!!!) it will be great :)

~Wind~
June 20th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Why is everyone saying the only dark trainer was karen?
YOU'RE ALL FORGETTING POOR SIDNEY!!! T~T
He was what a dark gym leader should be like, just without that awful hairstyle.
And the Dark gym leader should use Absol!
*gunshot*

Wind

XxRogueTrainerxX
June 20th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Bold Are My Comments...They Really Are...I'm Not Lying

Thou hath inscribed witty comments upon thy post. Thou hath made ye burst into laughter.

Calder
June 20th, 2010, 01:23 PM
I would actually like to see this in full swing. Perhaps we could even have a troll Gym leader who says he uses Electric types, but actually has a full team of Water and Grass types.

Grass/Electric...Poison/Steel...It could happen...

Thou hath inscribed witty comments upon thy post. Thou hath made ye burst into laughter.

Thank thy for...thy... Why art thou speaking in Old Middle English? and btw thats Spam...I said that because I had to fill the stupid cap requirement haha

$W@GGERM@N !$ HERE
June 20th, 2010, 01:30 PM
I think there should be a dark type and a8th gym leader to have have any types to keep the player on his toes

Nikorasu
June 20th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Hmm, gyms should have a bigger storyline. The leaders shouldnt just be stuck in that gym.

Maybe like other games, for instance you might have to help a gym leader do something?
Or even you have to find them. meh xD

AceDragonite
June 20th, 2010, 03:34 PM
I think this will be the order of the gym's

1-Bug
2-Steel (They'll prob. have the gear.
3-Electric (they did it twice they'll do it again *cough* rock gym)
4-Either, Ground or Dark. But they'll use Meguroko
5-Fighting
6-Psychic
7-Rock
8-Dark (they've never had one)

and please god no D and P where the E4/GL's didn't have enough PKMN of their type so they all had to use freaking Medichams and Steelixes.

oh and the E4 would be
what It think the names will be is to the right

1-Fire, maybe Ignacio or something flamboyant
2-Grass-Fernando, Fern, Verne?
3-Psychic, because we all know Munna has an evo ready to annoy the crap out of us. The Psychic Lady's name might by Zena, Leah, or Espia
4-Ice, maybe Frio, or Cole?

RYOUKI
June 20th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Actually, the only thing I'd want is that the Gym Leaders isn't cooped up inside their gyms. Like in D/P/Pt where every gym leader go out of their gyms once or twice.

Though for typing and the gym leader's gender, I want it to be a contradiction of some sort. Like, a goth-loli character who uses normal types, and a male grass-type gym leader.

Hypno
June 20th, 2010, 10:19 PM
A badass like Giovanni or Blue.
Also a Gym that let's you fight him near the beginning but has super powerful pokemon and you won't be able to obtain that badge... ever. kinda like the first season of the anime.

Hiroshi Sotomura
June 20th, 2010, 10:26 PM
I'd like to see the leaders incorporated into storylines as well and I too would like to see a dark Gym. I would NOT however like to see the dark Gym Leader have Zoroark.
If we were talking about the eighth gym leader, I'd think this would be acceptable. :P

SargeantMajorKururu
June 20th, 2010, 10:31 PM
What about a strange first Gym? Like the first Gym has like Poison or Electric or maybe even Psychic? I think that would be really cool, just to mix things up.

Charmageddon
June 21st, 2010, 02:02 AM
I would actually like to see this in full swing. Perhaps we could even have a troll Gym leader who says he uses Electric types, but actually has a full team of Water and Grass types.

LEADER 4CHAN is going to send out MUDKIP. Would you like to change Pokemon?

LEADER 4CHAN sent out RICK ASTLEY!

"We're no strangers to love..."

cystar
June 21st, 2010, 02:59 AM
I hope all the elite 4 are multi typed

Blackhebrew2
June 21st, 2010, 04:05 AM
I just want a challenge. Not a walkover like all the last gyms.

Aberash
June 26th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Personaly i hope there will be a dark type gym leader. And it is obvious that there will be a water type gym leader. I do not want to see a normal type gym leader.

redsaber5859
June 26th, 2010, 06:53 PM
I thought Norman was a good leader, his slaking was pawnage and stuff too, I personally want to OWN a gym, and get to design it and the trainers, you would unlock different leveled trainers in your gym as you get farther, kinda like the secret bases in dppt, I dunno, good thread, try to keep it alive :)

Aberash
June 26th, 2010, 07:00 PM
I thought Norman was a good leader, his slaking was pawnage and stuff too, I personally want to OWN a gym, and get to design it and the trainers, you would unlock different leveled trainers in your gym as you get farther, kinda like the secret bases in dppt, I dunno, good thread, try to keep it alive :)

I like nortan . I just don't like hg/ss normal gym leader. It would be cool to design the trainer and stuff. I like that idea acualy i would love to design my own trainer. Thanks just small idea i had.
I would love to see another ghost gym leader. (I love ghost and dark type pokemon)

Haza
June 26th, 2010, 07:03 PM
I'm hoping for another male Poison-Type gym leader, maybe a crazed doctor or a guy obsessed with pollution.

Spotty
June 26th, 2010, 08:05 PM
I'm personally hoping for another flying gym. And a fire one, hopefully giving out more fire types than the other generations have. Electric has also been a personal favorite of mine, so I'm looking forward to that. Dark would be an excellent gym, and bug would be win.

Bloothump
June 26th, 2010, 08:10 PM
@Spotted

There's a lot of evidence in this game for a bug type gym.

HugSomebody
June 26th, 2010, 08:23 PM
I'll be slightly disappointed if there's another Rock type gym leader, especially if he or she is the first gym leader. ^^; Again.

I'd adore a Dark type gym! It'd be cool if the gym would only appear to you at night hours, in the darkness.

Bloothump
June 26th, 2010, 08:32 PM
I'd like to see a very energetic, zany, crazy girl as a gym leader. Like, a girl that talks so fast the text box actually moves very rapidly (almost too fast for you to read) ffor a while. I think it'd be pretty funny. Specialize in speed based pokemon?

AceDragonite
June 26th, 2010, 08:44 PM
I'd like a Psychic gym, that uses munna.

Karel_Kazuki
June 26th, 2010, 09:23 PM
I'd like to see another double battle leader.That was cool back in 3rd Gen

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
June 26th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Well these games have the same theme as Ruby and Sapphire did...Yin and Yang so why not another double gym, this time let's hope it's dark ;)

インフェルノの津波
June 26th, 2010, 09:39 PM
I would hope for a Dark Gym first, so Trainers get to actually use their Bug-Type Pokemon in a Gym.

Angelroid
June 26th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Whatever, They give us. I'll be happy with it.

End of story.

June 26th, 2010, 09:43 PM
I would hope for a Dark Gym first, so Trainers get to actually use their Bug-Type Pokemon in a Gym.
But the first bugs you find at the start of the game are usually caterpillar like bugs! so most won't be used anyways :(, unless you evolve your caterpillar pokemon ;)

インフェルノの津波
June 26th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Yeah, and don't most of them evolve by level 10, strong enough to fight a Gym?

June 26th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Yeah, and don't most of them evolve by level 10, strong enough to fight a Gym?Yeah but what about moves... maybe yours will have bug bite instead or another new bug move :P

Jaiyke
June 26th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Maybe a Ground Type gym leader?... haven't had that in a while =D
i honestly Don't want a water gym...

PrinceBlackheart
June 27th, 2010, 04:20 AM
I want to see a dark type gym.Haven't seen a lot of those.

Ruin Maniac
June 27th, 2010, 07:07 AM
I liked in the third Gen when you had a double battle against the seventh gym leader

They should do that in Black and White, but the two gym leaders should have different types to complement each other i.e: fire and Water

Kid Ghandi
June 27th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Here's what I think the gym order should be:
-Normal, as it can be easily defeated by any of the three starters.
-Electric, so we can see the new Pokemon "Gear" in action
-Steel, As the trainer's challenge
-Ice, just to put three there
-Psychic, to rival a dark type gym
-Dark, to rival the psychic gym
-Fire
-Dragon

Reshiram Man
June 27th, 2010, 07:45 AM
My gym leader list goes like this

1:Bug
2:Ground
3:Poison
4:Steel (no steelix though)
5:Rock
6:Dragon
7:Dark
8:Fire

Weavile05
June 27th, 2010, 07:55 AM
My other idea was to make gyms part of the terrain, so instead of having to enter a building you have to climb a mountain!! Wild pokemon battle included!! That way you could even return to the gym to train!![/QUOTE]
They did something sorta like that i HGSS when blain's gym was destroyed by a volcano so they momentarily put it in seafoam cave.
I agree with everyone supporting a dark type gym. The dragon type gym is a good idea, but it needs to be at a point in the game where you have access to ice and steel types besides the starters if one evolves into one of these types. If not, then it would be the hardest gym in pokemon history

TheLegendaryMew
June 27th, 2010, 08:59 AM
has there even been a fire type gym in any of the gens? Not that i can think of but i may be wrong. If not then a fire type gym would deffo be a great idea. Also would to see a dark type gym and possibly another flying one.

Reshiram Man
June 27th, 2010, 07:35 PM
has there even been a fire type gym in any of the gens? Not that i can think of but i may be wrong. If not then a fire type gym would deffo be a great idea. Also would to see a dark type gym and possibly another flying one.

Blaine from Kanto and Flannery from Hoenn were Fire type gyms

Calder
June 27th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Well these games have the same theme as Ruby and Sapphire did...Yin and Yang so why not another double gym, this time let's hope it's dark ;)

Fire and Electric gym would be the final gym? that would be epic... but what if somewhere we had a triple gym? with triplets as the gym leaders? Like the Cerulean Sisters but with all 3 of them :)

You guys really should look at the map to determine what leader's types will be and in what order it makes more sense then randomly yelling out types...

Charmageddon
June 28th, 2010, 07:09 AM
With 3-on-3 battles announced, I think we will probably see a Triple gym leader in order to promote the new system, just like Tate and Liza promoting double battles in Gen III.

Storm_has_formed
June 28th, 2010, 07:34 AM
I would like to see a dark type gym and a bug type gym early on in the game, or even a psychic early on, I am fed up of rock type gyms all together now lol.. Also I agree with a few others here that the gym leaders should have more prominent roles in the game. It is pretty boring that you go in the gym battle the leader and thats that.
the first gym should be the dragon type :p

Noah Ridgewood
June 28th, 2010, 07:42 AM
With 3-on-3 battles announced, I think we will probably see a Triple gym leader in order to promote the new system, just like Tate and Liza promoting double battles in Gen III.
I can certainly see that happen. I'm hoping they weren't like Tate and Liza were (twins, I believe?) and not triplets. Maybe something along the lines of three really annoying and hyper best friends. You know? The type of girls that get so excited about things, scream, jump, etc. One of the things I see lacking from a lot of gym leaders are emotion. Most of the gym leaders I find to be involved with the story line (apart from just being someone in their gym and you battling them once and never see them again) are the most forgettable, yet they're the ones who really show personality with just being outside of the gym.

I really hope they introduce a broader spectrum of gym leaders - not just gym leaders who appear to be between x - x with age. I hope they involve some sort of difficulty in it. With each generation (not the remakes) I noticed the gym leaders did get more challenging, but I'm hoping they add a little bit of S&M in there to make some of the leaders real hard.

Aside from a 3 on 3 gym, I don't think I can really speculate on the types of gyms that could be included. Seems a bit much - but I have to say that I agree with everyone else. I'm tired of rock gyms being first - or there at all. I hope they put an end to it in this generation.

arceus123shiny
April 6th, 2011, 09:22 PM
I thought the new gym leaders would have more than 3 pokemon and they would be a little harder to beat that way the games would be more challenging and I wouldn't have to finish it in 2 or 3 days.

Forever
April 7th, 2011, 07:49 AM
I thought the new gym leaders would have more than 3 pokemon and they would be a little harder to beat that way the games would be more challenging and I wouldn't have to finish it in 2 or 3 days.

...so it took me a few hours to notice, oh well! :x

Please don't revive threads that haven't had posts for over 30 days. And this one hasn't had posts for like 10 months :(

http://i51.tinypic.com/24mrgva.png