PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] New Pokeballs?!

JAK3
May 16th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Ok, so we all know that there are always some new Pokeballs in every generation (I think?) So why not discuss what new Pokeballs will be coming with the 5th Generation!
Post away!

GlitchCity
May 16th, 2010, 03:38 PM
A cloud ball? Probably use it on flying types, and if we ever get the feature to guide out pokemon when their flying, that ball could be specific for only that feature.

Pityflame
May 16th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Black ball

It turns pokemon black

Volroc
May 16th, 2010, 04:20 PM
im hopin a ball like the ORIGINAL fast ball

the run ball i guess you could call it that, so you can catch perky roarers, whirlwinders,& teleporters lol (also selfdestructers :P )

Pityflame
May 16th, 2010, 04:21 PM
or how about the dead ball. If you have one in your bag and the pokemon faints, it gives you one last chance to try and catch it. It's catch rate would be at its highest since its fainted, but could still escape.

A Pixy
May 16th, 2010, 04:23 PM
A cloud ball? Probably use it on flying types, and if we ever get the feature to guide out pokemon when their flying, that ball could be specific for only that feature.

Type specific balls? That would make things too obvious. >_>

I really don't mind what they do as long as they look cool. I wish I could use Cherish Balls freely. U_U

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
May 16th, 2010, 04:40 PM
I want a Pokeball that increases one of the stats of the pokemon captured as soon as it's taken out but this only lasts for 3 turns then the effect disappears! I call it the Energy ball!

Pityflame
May 16th, 2010, 04:42 PM
That would be sooo broken.

flight
May 16th, 2010, 04:47 PM
I think that if they just used pokeballs similar to those used back in Gen II, then it'd be fine. New Pokemon are always appreciated for originality; it'd also be interesting to see.

coconutberry
May 16th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I never use special PokeBalls, so I don't really care. Well, okay, sometimes I use Heal Balls, but besides that, I like to stick to the normal ones.

Maybe they'll have something similar to Kurt's Apricorns. That would be nice.

Amazing_NeoSteelX
May 16th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Sunrise Ball:Stronger than Ultra Ball when Time is Morning.
DayBreak Ball:Stronger than Ultra Ball when Time is Day.
Power Ball:Stronger than Ultra Ball when Opponents Base Stat of Attack/Sp.Attack is Higher than 100.

JAK3
May 17th, 2010, 02:04 AM
or how about the dead ball. If you have one in your bag and the pokemon faints, it gives you one last chance to try and catch it. It's catch rate would be at its highest since its fainted, but could still escape.
This is actually a really good idea, I think it could work too!

vibratingcat
May 17th, 2010, 02:09 AM
ball berry! a berry that can b used as a pokeball! :D then u dont need to buy pokeballs, u can just plant them and get more.

JAK3
May 17th, 2010, 02:10 AM
ball berry! a berry that can b used as a pokeball! :D then u dont need to buy pokeballs, u can just plant them and get more.
Haha, that would be awesome! You would never have to buy them again, hehe!

blaze_the_cat
May 17th, 2010, 02:12 AM

I like it. Original and useful.

Mana
May 17th, 2010, 02:27 AM

Possibly the worst idea ever.

The point of capturing is that you have to make sure you DON'T faint the pokémon, introducing a ball that means it doesn't matter makes capturing new Pokémon (Legendaries especially) stupidly easy. It's basically a master ball.

Amazing_NeoSteelX
May 17th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Volcano Ball: Similar to Net Ball,but Ups Catch chance for Fire and Rock types.
Snag Ball(LOL XD)Steal Trainers Pokemon

Lunamewtwo
May 17th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Yeah I'm looking forward to more balls optomized for diff. types

Blue
May 17th, 2010, 06:41 AM

If they made a ball for just flying type then they'd have to do it for all the other types most probally.

BHwolfgang
May 17th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Type specific balls? That would make things too obvious. Yes, but the Pokemon World already have such Poke Balls, such as the Net Ball.

ball berry! a berry that can b used as a pokeball! then u dont need to buy pokeballs, u can just plant them and get more. Do you mean Apricot-based Poke Balls?

If not, then answer me. How could one made a Poke Ball out of a Cheri or Leppa Berry?

Mew~
May 17th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Ooooh! I never thought about pokéballs!
I like the idea of a cloud Ball! There are type based balls... like the net ball!

Maybe some thing like.. uh.. Lite ball? Theres a heavy ball so why not lite? It works well on lighter pocket monsters!!!

MartinJF
May 17th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Shiny ball: Better chance og catching shiny pokemon (I used 21 Ultraballs to catch a bloody shiny Shinx, with red hp)
Rainbow ball: works better on pokemon with ColorSync og the rainbow
Iron ball: best for catching Steel pokemon.

Cherrim
May 17th, 2010, 07:24 AM
I like the idea of the Pokéball that works better during the morning or day. We've already got one for nighttime so why not?

I don't like having a ton of Pokéballs but I'm sort of in agreement with some more type-based balls. D: It just seems fair, you know? We've got (several?) water-type balls, I think one for bug-types... I think we need more. Maybe a Pokéball that catches things easier in the city (so maybe poison, flying, etc.)? This region does seem to be more urban. If they spread them out so each typed ball can catch several different types more easily, we don't have to deal with 15+ specific Pokéballs. @_@

And really I'd be fine with anything that corresponds to an already existing type of Pokéball. Like the Lite Ball that Mew~ suggested.

JAK3
May 17th, 2010, 07:46 AM
I think that a Light Ball would work amazingly, we will most likely have the different types of the day, such as morning, afternoon, and night, so why not have one for the morning? Good idea Mew.

Amazing_NeoSteelX
May 18th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Oddish Ball,works better for Oddish ;D

pokemongarnet
May 18th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Sleep ball after throwing 3-5 of them the pokemon goes to sleep making it easier to catch.

A Pixy
May 18th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Sleep ball after throwing 3-5 of them the pokemon goes to sleep making it easier to catch.

Who would use that and waste the Poke?

I'd rather just get my Clefable to use Sing. o3o

Brittani
May 18th, 2010, 05:17 PM
maybe a type of pokeball that increases the caught pokemon's speed, strengh, or defense. Maybe call it power ball for strengh, jolt ball for speed, and shield ball for defense. haha i dont know! what about a adoraball xD a pokeball made to catch adorable pokemon!

PiPVoda
May 19th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Energy Ball? Even though there is a move called that. The ball could be used to say catch a pokemon with a certain aura or energy level, if you get what I mean. Like they went through the whole thing about how Lucario is a pkmn that can sense diff. levels of aura, yet it was never implemented into the game so it should be included in black and white. If there is a new type then the ball could be used to catch this 'light' type of pokemon assuming light pkmn have the power to control diff. energy levels a.k.a. light in one way or another.

Tyrant626
May 19th, 2010, 03:30 PM
What about a mix between an ultra ball and a heal ball.

Has 2x capture rate than an ultra ball, but fully restores the targets HP if it breaks free.

That way it's not an UBER-Ball

DoctorFred
May 19th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Suicide ball. The lower the user's HP, the higher the catch rate.

Benjamin510
May 19th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Shiny Ball: They Catch shinnies without fail. How to get: Pokemart 200P. And at the start of the game your mom bought you some thinking that they make pokemon Shiny. Yes. You DO Get these before Pokéballs.

murdermajig
May 19th, 2010, 05:51 PM
I would rename it the Faint ball. We still got children that play pokemon.
Oh...And think about the furious parents that will whine about the name of the ball.

Possibly the worst idea ever.

The point of capturing is that you have to make sure you DON'T faint the pokémon, introducing a ball that means it doesn't matter makes capturing new Pokémon (Legendaries especially) stupidly easy. It's basically a master ball.

Its a poor mans weak masterball with a really high catch rate (not perfect tho). Think about it, with a master ball you dont need the pokemon to fight, with this ball, you still have to fight the pokemon. making it harder to catch than with a masterball, It could be that they could give you a limited number of those balls too.

SorakuFett
May 19th, 2010, 06:10 PM
I (Along with my friend Davis) am hoping for a comeback of the GS ball.. remember back in Gen. II, in the Celebi event when u could only catch Celebi with the GS ball, but this time it would only be made if you gave the Silver Wing and Rainbow Wing to Kurt...

adhdguitar
May 19th, 2010, 06:34 PM
How about a ball that has a 5x capture rate but if the Pokemon breaks free then it injures the Pokemon?

miley810
June 4th, 2010, 07:59 PM
How about a shock ball?like it stuns the pokemon if the ball doesn't catch it where you have a better chance of not dieing while trying to capture a pokemon.Big ball?Works good on big pokemon.Small ball?Works better on small pokemon.Sly ball?Better possiblity of catching a pokemon and I know it sounds like a great ball or somthing but oh well.

Hibaru
June 4th, 2010, 08:16 PM
How about a shock ball?like it stuns the pokemon if the ball doesn't catch it where you have a better chance of not dieing while trying to capture a pokemon.Big ball?Works good on big pokemon.Small ball?Works better on small pokemon.Sly ball?Better possiblity of catching a pokemon and I know it sounds like a great ball or somthing but oh well.

We're already got Heavy Ball to capture Heavy Pokemon, Which it's also big with heavy body. And that Shock Ball, Its a good Idea but I think it'll better be a Pokeball with a Higher Catch rate for Electric Pokemon such Pikachu etc.
Plus, Sly Ball you've said, We're already got a lot of Pokeballs to catch small Pokemon. Why not Ultra Ball? I works well...

DJ Surge-N
June 5th, 2010, 02:46 AM
maybe a type of pokeball that increases the caught pokemon's speed, strengh, or defense. Maybe call it power ball for strengh, jolt ball for speed, and shield ball for defense. haha i dont know! what about a adoraball xD a pokeball made to catch adorable pokemon!

That really made me grin - "adoraball", such a good pun and good name for a pokeball. Really do like the idea, oddly enough!

BleuVII
June 5th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Persistence Ball

It starts with a .5x capture rate, but gains .5x each time you use one in succession. Having your lead pokemon faint does not break this succession, but using any move or manually switching out does. Who WOULDN'T want a ball like that?

Prince of the Sea
June 5th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Black and White are the most opposing game titles to date, so I'm thinking there will be plenty of version exclusives and differences. I thought of an "Exclusive" Ball, a ball that has a higher catch rate on Pokemon you have a better chance of getting in a specific game.

It works like this:
Lets say there are some Pokemon differences in White and Black:
In White, you can catch Zekrom but not Reshiram, and Solrocks appear much more commonly than Lunatones.
In Black, you can catch Reshiram but not Zekrom, and Lunatones appear much more commonly than Solrocks.

According to these conditions:
In White, the catch rate would be the best for Zekrom, and a smidge lower for Solrock.
In Black, the catch rate would be the best for Reshiram, and a smidge lower for Lunatone. In both games the catch rate would be the lowest at Pokemon like Generic Starting Bird and Generic Vendor Trash Critter that you are equally likely to find in both games.

This ball would be ideal for people that catch Pokemon to help friends with the different version out, or maybe for catching the legendaries.

Leonardo10
June 5th, 2010, 08:37 AM
I think I speak for most Pokemon trainers when I say that there are already too many bloody Pokeballs! We don't need anymore, all we need is more than one Masterball a game so that we don't have to send more over to our current game, that would enough for most of us I think.

Jerme
June 5th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Type specific balls? That would make things too obvious. >_>

I really don't mind what they do as long as they look cool. I wish I could use Cherish Balls freely. U_U

i could trade you some from SS lol

BleuVII
June 5th, 2010, 10:25 AM
I think I speak for most Pokemon trainers when I say that there are already too many bloody Pokeballs!

No. You don't.

I love being able to catch different pokemon in different balls, and the fact that you can see that ball whenever they are sent out is even better. I think different balls are a great little feature in the game. Judging by most of the comments in this thread, lots of people agree.

Totaldile
June 5th, 2010, 01:57 PM
What about, rather than introducing new pokeballs, how about revamping the old ones? Like, occcasionally you get the pokeball back after throwing it. I mean, where did all those pokeballs go, anyway? Do they lie at /insertlegendaryhere/'s feet? I mean seriously. And I'd like to sometimes have my pokeballs miss. It's irritating, but more realistic. Since when do ten year olds have perfect aim without fail, every time?

For a new ball, I'd like a Hate ball. It has a higher catch rate than an ultra ball, but the pokemon despises you as a permanent effect. Yay frustration :)!

ichuesther
June 5th, 2010, 02:52 PM

I think that is a wonderful idea. xD

Neurotripsy
June 5th, 2010, 04:54 PM
I can't think of anything interesting they could come up with. DX That Cloud Ball doesn't sound too bad an idea, though.

darkpokeball
June 5th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Uh....maybe a Rare Ball. The rarer the pokemon, the higher the catch rate, the commoner the pokemon, the lower the catch rate. Or maybe a Donon Ball. Works better on catching Donon Pokemon.(If you don't know what Donon means, pm me.)

Sweet Smoochum
June 5th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Flower Ball---A better chance catching a Pokemon with flowers on them.

Roselia, Roserade, Cherrim, Bellossom, Vileplume, Sunflora, etc.

Bird Ball--Better chance of catching flying types.

Zet
June 5th, 2010, 11:30 PM
A ball that has a lower catch rate than a pokeball for all those epic players, since they're so good and everything.

Logiedan
June 6th, 2010, 01:41 AM
Probably some pokeballs based on the terrain.
Grass Ball - Better catch rate for Pokemon found on grass (Needs unoriginal name)
Dive Ball - Better catch rate for Pokemon found on water (Already Exists)
Cave Ball - Better catch rate for Pokemon found in caves/dungeons (Needs unoriginal name)

shadowwalke
June 6th, 2010, 01:42 AM
What about a "Slow Ball"? Everytime this pokeball fail to catch a pokemon it's catch rate will increase. Also I like that idea of getting back the pokeball after a fail attempt of capture.

pkmntrainerpaul
June 6th, 2010, 02:24 AM
How about these:
Sunny Ball: Higher catch-rate when the weather is sunny.Lower catch-rate when raining.
Rain Ball: Higher catch-rate when raining. Lower catch-rate when sunny.
Sand Ball: Higher catch-rate when in a sandstorm. Lowers the foe's accuracy.

`MorningSun
June 6th, 2010, 02:47 AM
Or how about a 1337Ball that catches pokemon 100% of the time and when you catch it you get to change its IV's and give it EV's and chose its level. When it goes into battle you can change its type and moves.

On a more serious note, Pokeballs that change catch rate depending on the location like Logiedan's idea. Or bring back Dive ball and add dive again ^^.

Blubber300
June 6th, 2010, 07:31 AM
I'm hoping for a Snag Ball, like in XD, and maybe a ball that works better on tall/short pokemon

Flare Riqueza
June 6th, 2010, 07:35 AM
How about some backstory?

My Idea:

Tectonic movements meant Cinnabar Island was no longer a hotspot. Magma welled up in Slowpoke's Well, this meant the Slowpoke evacuated, and everybody left Azalea. However, Azalea was destroyed, so people were left homeless.

Kurt moved to Isshu, and will make Apricorn PokeBalls for you!

Thunderpunch
June 6th, 2010, 07:37 AM
well, they could make an opposite of a friendly ball, to make frustration a viable move

I'd actually like balls that had some sort of special effect when you sent the pokemon out, like lightning or fire

Eeohnex
June 6th, 2010, 07:59 AM
I'd actually like balls that had some sort of special effect when you sent the pokemon out, like lightning or fire
This.

It would be nice to see a Pokéball for each type of Pokémon (fire, water, dark, ghost, thunder, etc) and the effect added would be to increase the catching rate if used the same type of Pokéball on the Pokémon. I think that would be really interesting.

A Pixy
June 6th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Random Ball: Catch rates are completely random.

alexsortor
June 6th, 2010, 08:41 AM
i like the idea of PokéBalls with types, weather advantages, and bringing Kurt to Isshu, maybe there are new varieties of apricorn in Isshu. anyway, giving PokéBalls types and abilities could effectively quadruple or octuple the catch rate of the ball, like say if the Sand Ball was "A Pokéball designed to be used in a Sandstorm and/or on Ground type Pokémon" then the catch rate would be 1 if used anywhere besides a desert, 2 if used in a Sandstorm, but not on a ground type Pokémon, 4 if used on a ground type pokémon, but not in a desert, and 8 if both conditions are met. 8 would be the highest catch rate recorded for a Pokéball

Forever
June 6th, 2010, 09:09 AM
An addon to the Poke, Great, Ultra, Master series would be good.

Since imo Poke = 20, Great = 30, Ultra = 40 (all up to) and Master = All, so maybe something for 50/60/70, or around there. Mega ball, lol.

Flare Riqueza
June 6th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Apprentice Ball??

That would be viable I suppose. Or Champion Ball? (Champion has won pokemon league, Master has caught all pokemon aswell as winning league).

A Pixy
June 6th, 2010, 09:18 AM
An addon to the Poke, Great, Ultra, Master series would be good.

Since imo Poke = 20, Great = 30, Ultra = 40 (all up to) and Master = All, so maybe something for 50/60/70, or around there. Mega ball, lol.

Or what about the Hyper Ball? That's the original name for the Master Ball. The Americans and Japanese can switch the names.

Same goes with Super Ball. o3o

Cyberglass
June 6th, 2010, 10:45 AM

I believe there are ball capsules you can put on any plain ol' Pokeball that will do this for you, after you catch something in them.

alexsortor
June 6th, 2010, 11:08 AM
I believe there are ball capsules you can put on any plain ol' Pokeball that will do this for you, after you catch something in them.

thats what i was thinking too, and they can add better ones, like a flaming vortex or a whirlpool, imagine how cool a magmar with a flaming vortex seal on its Pokéball would look, or Lugia coming out from a Whirlpool

Oblivion Wing
June 6th, 2010, 12:03 PM
I've been thinking about this, like a mechanism to catch pokemon, since it's up to the game, and not to the player to catch the pokemon. Here's what i came up with:

A pokemon that has full HP is difficult to catch, and as it gets weaker, it is easier to obtain. Now that is up to the game, to randomly catch the pokemon, and one is pressing buttons, or praying to the game for the pokemon to be catched.

Now, how about if it was up to the player to be able to catch the pokemon, and see how difficult it is to do so. The DS has two screens, well the bottom one we see a pokeball once the pokemon is being captured, but wouldn't it be more "broad" to make a mechanism where one takes the stylis (sorry if typo) and is able to make some movement (around the used pokeball) to catch the pokemon, and one has to "follow" the steps in order to catch the pokemon. And of coarse, it is difficult at first, but as one weakens the pokemon, the pokemon will be easier to catch.

Lornami
June 6th, 2010, 02:20 PM

I actually think it should be the opposite. It should have the crappiest catch rate known to man, but it's still a second chance in case you screwed up and killed fainted it. It shouldn't work, but just incase you kill that Shiny legendary maybe luck will be on your side.
Though mechanics wise this would suck ass if you are just killing wild pokemon and it asks all the time, but at the same time if you don't have it activated when you run into something good that would also suck. Unless you can 'activate' it while in battle. May or may not take a turn.
Shiny Ball: They Catch shinnies without fail. How to get: Pokemart 200P. And at the start of the game your mom bought you some thinking that they make pokemon Shiny. Yes. You DO Get these before Pokéballs.

:/ I agree with a pokeball that maybe has a teeny better chance at catching a shiny, but I don't think they should be 100% and should be pretty high in price.

Speaking of seals, what if there was one that did the same graphic shinys have just to screw with people? xD;

To be quite honest, I just like pokeballs that look cool. I'm like that. Luxury Balls are my friends. (Well, for my contest pokemon anyways.)

HaloSonic
June 6th, 2010, 03:04 PM
mountain ball - X4 chance of catching when encountered in the mountains.

... that's all I got.

BleuVII
June 6th, 2010, 03:06 PM
I've been thinking about this, like a mechanism to catch pokemon, since it's up to the game, and not to the player to catch the pokemon. Here's what i came up with:

A pokemon that has full HP is difficult to catch, and as it gets weaker, it is easier to obtain. Now that is up to the game, to randomly catch the pokemon, and one is pressing buttons, or praying to the game for the pokemon to be catched.

Now, how about if it was up to the player to be able to catch the pokemon, and see how difficult it is to do so. The DS has two screens, well the bottom one we see a pokeball once the pokemon is being captured, but wouldn't it be more "broad" to make a mechanism where one takes the stylis (sorry if typo) and is able to make some movement (around the used pokeball) to catch the pokemon, and one has to "follow" the steps in order to catch the pokemon. And of coarse, it is difficult at first, but as one weakens the pokemon, the pokemon will be easier to catch.

Yes. This. Maybe on the touch screen, you have to press in small circles as they come up, and the catch rate determines how long the circles stay on screen, so trying to catch Rayquaza at full health means that the circles just pop up and disappear far too fast for anyone's reaction time. Different pokeballs have different patterns. Of course, we know Game Freak will never oblige us on this, since the whole random change thing seems to be a staple of the series, but we can dream.

BridZworld
June 6th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I don't really mind what balls are introduced into the new games, but it would be nice if they made something that was better than an ultra ball but not as good as a master ball.

Oblivion Wing
June 6th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Yes. This. Maybe on the touch screen, you have to press in small circles as they come up, and the catch rate determines how long the circles stay on screen, so trying to catch Rayquaza at full health means that the circles just pop up and disappear far too fast for anyone's reaction time. Different pokeballs have different patterns. Of course, we know Game Freak will never oblige us on this, since the whole random change thing seems to be a staple of the series, but we can dream.

Well i had more of a circular motion on the touch screen. You have to go around the pokeball (following the line/arrow) that surrounds the pokeball. The stronger the pokemon, the faster the line. As it gets weaker, the line's reaction will be slower and slower. But you are right, one can dream. ;)

darkcharizard17
June 6th, 2010, 04:01 PM
i wish the people that made pokemon would look at forums like these or make their own so that we can contribute and make cook ideas cuz like some of these pokeballs are really cool!!!!

Jerme
June 6th, 2010, 04:28 PM
why was my post deleted as spam? i just said i like the random ball idea..

they should make it so we can change the pokeball that a pokemon is alredy in so it can be in a more matching one

Hypno
June 6th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Mexican Ball, the same price of a normal Pokeball but with the catching rate of a Master Ball...gets the work done at a fair price.

jk.

HugSomebody
June 6th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Suicide ball. The lower the user's HP, the higher the catch rate.

I like this idea. ^^ The Pokeball would be very useful for tough legendary catch attempts.

Maybe they could make more habitat Pokeballs. Seeing a meowth in a city and catching it with a city ball would be fun.

Parallel_Rain
June 7th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Stick ball- Same as a normal ball, But looks cooler... And its effect..
If its a trainer battle then it can stick to the pokemon thats out and if it faints or retrieved it cant be used again, And if it faints then you get it.
In the wild if it fails then it sticks till the pokemon faints and you can capture it
Example- You see a shiny pokemon, Get its HP down to yellow and deploy a stick ball, It fails then you KO the shiny and it goes in your PC/Team fainted and have to heal it.
Its the same as a premier ball, Except you have to purchase 10 ultra balls at once.

Dragon ball- Same as the ultra ball, But its catch rate is slightly higher if its against a legendary.

pieguy259
June 7th, 2010, 04:04 AM
Mega Super Hyper Ball 5000 X-TREME: Is an ordinary Pokeball, except the bottom is blue. BLUE!

EmpoleonRider
June 7th, 2010, 06:01 AM
The Slow Ball!!! its for slow pokemon (ex.Slowbro)

Jerme
June 7th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Mega Super Hyper Ball 5000 X-TREME: Is an ordinary Pokeball, except the bottom is blue. BLUE!

how about we can paint pokeballs and put vynils on them using the touch screen, so we can make them look the way we want

JoshuRAWRR
June 7th, 2010, 11:43 AM
miniball:can hold more than 99x of them and work especially well on smaller pokemon
Ancientball: the first pokeball made...no one nows the time it was made but its made from a unatural substance and has better ctach rate than a pokeball
protoball:a guy from one of the towns gives it you and he made it himself and entrusted it to you

btw i really like the idea of a berryball...finding them then planting one of them and thhen picking again...it would be easy to get pokeballs then though so it should have lower catch rate than a pokeball why its free

Lornami
June 7th, 2010, 11:46 AM
how about we can paint pokeballs and put vynils on them using the touch screen, so we can make them look the way we want

That would actually be pretty awesome. Painting, I don't think it would work as it still has to have a sprite, but I think having patterns or things to be put on them besides seal case stickers would be cool.

On a sorta related but not note, I'd like to actually catch hatched pokemon in a pokeball of my choice. :/

GoldvsRed
June 7th, 2010, 11:50 AM
I've always had the idea for a Hacker Ball, which would work better on artificial Pokemon like Porygon, Grimer, and Magnemite. I guess the only Legendary this would apply to would be Mewtwo... Maybe the Golem Trio? Deoxys could sort of apply.

Darkness98
June 7th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Moon ball-A ball that was said too come from space.It has a moon design and some people say its the only ball that makes catching any form of dexoys easier.

BleuVII
June 7th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Moon ball-A ball that was said too come from space.It has a moon design and some people say its the only ball that makes catching any form of dexoys easier.

We already have a Moon Ball. It's used to catch pokemon that evolve via moonstone. And can you even catch Deoxys? I thought it was an event-only pokemon.

Jerme
June 7th, 2010, 12:51 PM
That would actually be pretty awesome. Painting, I don't think it would work as it still has to have a sprite, but I think having patterns or things to be put on them besides seal case stickers would be cool.

On a sorta related but not note, I'd like to actually catch hatched pokemon in a pokeball of my choice. :/

well, hopefully nintendo can get something through their head....3D MODELS ALREADY GOD DAMN

after 4 generations, still the same exact everything, just new additions like pokemon and items

shot571
June 7th, 2010, 12:56 PM
miniball:can hold more than 99x of them and work especially well on smaller pokemon
Ancientball: the first pokeball made...no one nows the time it was made but its made from a unatural substance and has better ctach rate than a pokeball
protoball:a guy from one of the towns gives it you and he made it himself and entrusted it to you

btw i really like the idea of a berryball...finding them then planting one of them and thhen picking again...it would be easy to get pokeballs then though so it should have lower catch rate than a pokeball why its free
I dont think it should be less than a pokeball. either the same or higher. to counter the free part maybe special soil it grows in.

Prince of the Sea
June 7th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Flower Ball---A better chance catching a Pokemon with flowers on them.

Roselia, Roserade, Cherrim, Bellossom, Vileplume, Sunflora, etc.

Actually, Roselia is the only one of those you can find the wild. Just saying.

Jerme
June 7th, 2010, 04:24 PM
not exactly topic related, but heres how i think balls should work.
-when you are ready to throw a ball, you use the touch screen. the pokemon also moves around so you need aim. the lower the hp, slower it is. if parylyzed, it barely even moves, and with red hp, it doesnt move at all. pokemon can still break out, but rates are significantly lowered due to having to use your aim...

Lornami
June 7th, 2010, 04:59 PM
well, hopefully nintendo can get something through their head....3D MODELS ALREADY GOD DAMN

after 4 generations, still the same exact everything, just new additions like pokemon and items

NO 3D MODELS. NO. I LIKE MY SPRITES THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Seriously 3D is not BETTER, it is just a style choice! You can have your 3D pokemon on the console games, leave my handhelds alone!

Hurr...On topic, we've pretty much already seen in Black and White that only the environments will be 3D. The trainer sprites and pokemon are not, so there is no reason the pokeballs would be. Well, maybe, they would have the trainer throw a 3D pokeball, but I feel in would be out of place as all other battle elements are 2D.

Jerme
June 7th, 2010, 05:08 PM
NO 3D MODELS. NO. I LIKE MY SPRITES THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Seriously 3D is not BETTER, it is just a style choice! You can have your 3D pokemon on the console games, leave my handhelds alone!

Hurr...On topic, we've pretty much already seen in Black and White that only the environments will be 3D. The trainer sprites and pokemon are not, so there is no reason the pokeballs would be. Well, maybe, they would have the trainer throw a 3D pokeball, but I feel in would be out of place as all other battle elements are 2D.

the camera changes, i saw some top down and 3D like the cities.

Silver Soul
June 7th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Grass Ball
Fire Ball
Water Ball
Earth Ball
or other elements balls for catching certain pokemon types?

Dual Ball, after use can be used again?
Chill Ball for Ice PKMN
Dream Ball for Ghost or Dark?
Mega Ball for tall PKMN?

i_like_cheese
June 7th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Sandy Ball. A ball for pokemon found near the see.
Sandy Balls increase the catch rate.

Tanaki
June 8th, 2010, 12:22 AM
If anything I don't really care about new types of pokeballs. I wish they would sell them in different colors, though. The seals are a horrible way to customize, and I would much rather have a pokeball that matches my pokemon's color to enhance the aesthetic aspects of its appearance into battle.

Le Creep!
June 25th, 2010, 04:56 AM
Well, considering they allowed players to receive various new Pokéballs by giving Apricorns to Kurt in Azelea City, I guess they'll make something like that in the fifth Gen.

farage5
June 25th, 2010, 07:40 AM
It seems that everything else in Black and White is going industrial, so why not the Pokeballs? Maybe you can even make your own Pokeballs! Maybbe you have to bring any Pokeball to some Pokeball maker and he can give you the... recipe thingy. I can't think of a word for it.

IndustryBall
Effect: Higher CR for Steel, Electric, and Poison-Type (pollutions made by factories.) Pokemon. It would also have a higher CR for man-made Pokemon such as Porygon, Ditto, and Mewtwo.
How to obtain: Buy for 500p or make your own. Find in itemball.

MegaBall 2k
Effect: Higher CR than UltraBall, and the 2k part makes it seem more techy.
How to obtain: Sell ten Ultraballs. Store owner can't afford last three, so he/she offers you a MegaBall 2k instead. Make your own.

TechBall
Effect: Higher CR for Pokemon found in factories (Like how Magnemite was found in the Power Plant in Gen I and FRLG).
How to obtain: Found in itemball, like the Masterball(Only one). Make your own.

RoboBall
Effect: Same CR as great ball, but changes Pokemon's second Type to Steel-Type.
How to obtain: Given by a scientist. Only one. Cannot be made.

MatchBall
Effect: Kinda like LoveBall, but CR is x4 if the Species is different. The gender must be opposites of each other. CR is x8 if species is the same, just like LoveBall.
How to obtain: 1 from Rival. Make your own.

WarBall
Effect: Only captures soldiers from Iraq. Higher CR for Pokemon not found in Isshu(Such as other Islands (ex. Sevii Islands in FRLG)).
How to obtain: Sold by a soldier for 300p. Make your own.

luissd
June 25th, 2010, 07:56 AM
I think the Dark ball that appears in the movie of Celebi (raises all stats to the max)

brownkidd
June 25th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Sleep ball. If the Pokémon you're trying to catch escapes from this ball, they fall asleep.
Parlyz Ball. If the Pokémon you're trying to catch escapes from this ball, they become paralyzed.
Remedyball. If a Pokémon is stored in this ball, all status effects are cured when they switch out of battle.
Soil Ball. If a grass Pokémon is stored in this ball and NOT currently in battle, they recover a little HP each turn with Rainy Day or Sunny Day in effect. HP gain doubles if Rainy Day and Sunny Day are used after each other.

orange discontent
June 25th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Do we even need new balls? I rarely use anything other than the usual Poke/Great/Ultra balls anyways.

Afflicted One
June 25th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Dark Ball: Makes the captured Pokemon evil, and raises their power to the highest level.

Well, maybe it shouldn't be that powerful.... but it would be nice if it just made them evil though.

brownkidd
June 25th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Dark Ball: Makes the captured Pokemon evil, and raises their power to the highest level.

Well, maybe it shouldn't be that powerful.... but it would be nice if it just made them evil though.

That'd be cool if it made it impossible for the Pokémon in the ball to become friendly if you had it in your party, your other party members would be unfriendly and possibly disobey orders until you removed the evil poke from your team.

farage5
June 27th, 2010, 02:21 PM

I'm almost 100% sure there wouldn't be 3D models for Pokeballs. The sprites (Pokemon, Characters, and Items) can only have 16 different colors, and... 3D models need more than 16 colors, for the shadows and everything.

To stay on topic, here are some more Pokeballs:
Remember my idea of making PokeBalls, so you won't think it's been proven that PokeBall making exist.

WinterBall
Effect: Higher CR for Ice-Type Pokemon.
How to Obtain: Found in icy area. Received from a girl named Winter. Make your own.

AutumnBall
Effect: Higher CR for Grass-Type Pokemon.
How to Obtain: Found in leaf-y area. Received from a girl named Autumn. Make your own.

SummerBall
Effect: Higher CR for Fire-Type Pokemon.
How to Obtain: Found at a beach. Received from a girl named Summer. Make your own.

SpringBall
Effect: Higher CR for Water-Type Pokemon.
How to Obtain: Found in a forest/woods. Make your own. Held by wild Spoink. (Spring don't sound like a good name to me.)

Azure-Supernova
June 27th, 2010, 02:34 PM
How about actually being able to choose which Pokéballs my Pokémon are in... I'm gonna sount like a nut here, but I like them all to match... which is why I always end up carrying a bag full of regular Pokéballs...

Sammuthegreat
June 27th, 2010, 02:39 PM
How about actually being able to choose which Pokéballs my Pokémon are in... I'm gonna sount like a nut here, but I like them all to match... which is why I always end up carrying a bag full of regular Pokéballs...

I totally agree with you - I kinda like for every Pokemon to be in regular Pokeballs too. It'd also be useful to be able to change the ball of a Pokemon whose happiness you were trying to improve - like if you're trying to turn Eevee into Espeon or Umbreon, you could switch it to a luxury ball.

Darkmoonazara
June 27th, 2010, 02:41 PM

They should! That's how it works in the anime, and i want it to be like that more!

Azure-Supernova
June 27th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Yup, you'd think by now a Pokéball transfer would be included...

If we're sticking directly to new inclusions of Pokéballs here, they should add some in that work better on certain elements. However I particularly like brownkidd's idea of having balls that add a status effect, or though to make it more fair I'd have a 30% chance of status effect...

superpika237
July 3rd, 2010, 05:09 PM
Maybe a Magnet Ball? Works well with Electric and Metal types, I guess, and doesn't work well with Water types.

IcyIce
July 3rd, 2010, 05:15 PM
Ya I old Light and Dark Ball and maybe sky or cloud ball.

Also we could get a ne wpokemon type of light.

Turnabout
July 3rd, 2010, 06:01 PM
There are already quite a few pokeballs but man, I'm dying for more

But mostly, I'd like more variation in the animation effect when a pokemon is sent out, that's normally what determines what ball I use.

I'd sort of like a "present" ball that you can use to catch a pokemon you intend to give to someone as a gift :3

But I'd mostly like more pokeballs that are solely for display... I like the pokeball to look cool orz; So I use a lot of dusk balls and premier balls..

Maybe a few more pokeballs that are trademarks of certain towns? Like souvenirs <3

Migueliscool
July 3rd, 2010, 07:08 PM

It would be so epic if they gave you just 1 in the game XD

PiPVoda
July 10th, 2010, 07:05 PM
A ball that gave exp to the pokemon you have out while catching the wild one? Like depending on the level of the wild pokemon, or the amount of HP it has or has left, is how much EXP your pokemon gets.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
July 10th, 2010, 07:14 PM
A Pokeball called the Ev pokeball! It doubles the amount of ev's a pokemon gets much like the power items and the pokerus do :)!

Forever
July 10th, 2010, 09:40 PM
A ball that gave exp to the pokemon you have out while catching the wild one? Like depending on the level of the wild pokemon, or the amount of HP it has or has left, is how much EXP your pokemon gets.

Or the experience could actually be the amount of experience that the Pokemon gives out when it normally would faint. But yeah, this idea is better than the other idea mentioned somewhere of giving out experience through every capture. I'd actually use this, go around battling weak Pokemon, it'd be wonderful.

Nikorasu
July 11th, 2010, 02:20 AM
The small ball, makes it easy to catch small balls :)

Or the Virus ball, when a catch is attempted the pokemon is caused to be poisoned, this idea could be improved with thinks like paralyze, burn etc etc.

Although it would mean for more reasons for not having pokemon with thunder wave etc etc :\

Chrisixx
July 11th, 2010, 03:34 AM
you get 1 Shiny Ball. It has the same strength as a Ultra Ball. If you catch a Pokemon with it. All the off springs of the Pokemon will become Shiny.

:P

Arolu
July 11th, 2010, 05:34 AM
Well, we have a ball that works best at night (Dusk Ball) so why don't they give us a "Light Ball" for something that works better during the day, or something along those lines....

If they keep the Pokeathlon than maybe a ball that will help improve statistics for the Pokemon their?

The possibilities are endless!

Sora's Nobody
July 11th, 2010, 05:40 AM
I can give you Confirmation about their being new Pokeballs. This is what Play-asia.com wrote to describe B&W. "Visit the Isshu Region and venture onto the center island where new and legendary Pokemon wait for their new masters. The two powerful Pokemon you can tame in these latest versions are the white, fire breathing Reshiram in Pokemon Black and the black electric user Zekrom in Pokemon White.

Pokemon Black and White connects all the games in the series and brings you even more fun. Aside from Reshiram and Zekrom, you can meet Pokemon with new associations such as the dream controller Muna and the earthquake making Meguroko. Be sure to catch'em all and build your dream team.

Hiyun City is trendy and ultra-modern, explore it as the smart and cool protagonist. Get new Pokemon balls and tools in the Pokemon Centers. You can also get drinks from the handy vending machines around the corner of every street.

There are more 3D graphics and dynamic camera movements to give you the full view of the city, your Pokemon and your enemies. Invite your friends into the game and show off your collection. If you want to connect to the players from other areas, you can upload your game data onto the internet and see if anyone could beat your records" That could either meen that they're WILL be new pokeballs or that you can buy them there if you need some more

Calder
July 11th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Well, we have a ball that works best at night (Dusk Ball) so why don't they give us a "Light Ball" for something that works better during the day, or something along those lines....

If they keep the Pokeathlon than maybe a ball that will help improve statistics for the Pokemon their?

The possibilities are endless!

You mean like a Dawn Ball... Which makes sense for a counter part of Dusk...

Shiny Ball sounds fun... The Pokemon caught becomes shiny xD

Owl
July 11th, 2010, 09:52 AM
There probably will, I don't want to try guessing because I suck at it. xD
But, it would be interesting.

Reshiram Man
August 15th, 2010, 11:22 AM
legend ball- helps catch legendaries

Tyxomm
August 15th, 2010, 11:39 AM
I'd love an Editable Pokeball.
This pokeball would work just like a regular pokeball.
But, you will be able to change the color of the ball.
and change the flash color when a pokemon pops out of it's ball.

Note:
I hate it when "lets say" a magmar comes out of a greatball... magmar being all red and coming out of a blue flash...
it's a minor detail, but it irritates me.
It's a b*tch trying to catch every pokemon with a matching ball.

Reshiram Man
August 15th, 2010, 12:19 PM
I'd love an Editable Pokeball.
This pokeball would work just like a regular pokeball.
But, you will be able to change the color of the ball.
and change the flash color when a pokemon pops out of it's ball.

Note:
I hate it when "lets say" a magmar comes out of a greatball... magmar being all red and coming out of a blue flash...
it's a minor detail, but it irritates me.
It's a b*tch trying to catch every pokemon with a matching ball.

I LOVE THAT IDEA!! REALY GOOD IDEA

Dragonika
August 15th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Maybe

A Yin Ball catches Zekrom
A Yang Ball catches Reshiram :D

King Gumball
August 15th, 2010, 01:47 PM
I like the Yin and Yang idea ^_^

Gulpin
August 15th, 2010, 01:56 PM
I really agree with the PokeBall transfer system and the color changing balls. One PokeBall that I would really like to see would be one that changes depending on the Pokemon inside it's type or ability or something. Like each type has a color, and if a Pokemon has one type the bottom would be white, and dual types would have one color on top and the other on bottom.

Forever
August 15th, 2010, 04:49 PM
This thread hasn't been posted in for over a month thus is dead.

Locked.