PDA

View Full Version : Ham fingers! >0

Melody
May 16th, 2010, 10:26 PM
My question is, when you are on a mobile device with a capacitive touchscreen (the kind you cant usually use a stylus on), How often do you have issues with touch screen precision? Do you find yourself frequently dealing with the problems of fat fingering while typing on these devices?

If yes, share you experiences.

I frequently post from my ZuneHD. Now while it's screen is decently accurate...my fat-ass fingers sometimes couldnt hit the broad side of a barn to save my life! >>

I have gotten used to typing on this thing...but boy, trying it on a bad day never fails to amplify my crappy mood. XD

Gerri Shin
May 17th, 2010, 10:53 AM
There is at least 1 stylus that I know of that works with capacitive touch screens like those used on iPhones and Zude HD.
I use the Pogo Sketch stylus (http://tenonedesign.com/sketch.php) with my iPod and it works great. It only cost me $15.

As for any problems, I can't say that I've had too many. Probably the biggest issue I found was the screen size and having to continually zoom in to read things. I found my answer when my school paid for an ipad for me.

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 19th, 2010, 10:39 AM
I personally use my nails for precision. =3 I don't know what a capacitive touchscreen is, as opposed to just a touchscreen, but would it be wrong to say any stylus would work?

Melody
May 19th, 2010, 11:00 AM
I personally use my nails for precision. =3 I don't know what a capacitive touchscreen is, as opposed to just a touchscreen, but would it be wrong to say any stylus would work?

Yes, it'd be very wrong. A capacitive touch screen is NOT pressure sensitive, and therefore not just any stylus works. it ONLY picks up on your finger and a specialized stylus. (they're insanely expensive too..the styluses are.)

Kon~
May 21st, 2010, 09:08 AM
I find this problem all the time. While I don't have a touch-screen device myself (aside from the DS) I use my friends' and I have chubby man-fingers so I struggle to press the right buttons, plus it doesn't pick up my accurate nail-taps so I get more frustrated.

I suppose it doesn't help that I have long nails, too, so I have to angle my fingers and use the pad rather than the tip. :|