PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Are the new trainers American?

MistahDude
May 17th, 2010, 05:20 PM
That girl trainer has the same clothing style as teenage girls do here in America, and that dude dresses just like my friends and I do.

Regardless they are pretty cool and for once I can play as a character my age again!

What are your thoughts on the new trainers' origin?

StormerEcho
May 17th, 2010, 05:23 PM
That does make complete sense. But the hair for the girl trainer sticking out like that? Haven't seen that but the Isshu Region is based on a place really far away. Also to add to that Huin City looks like NYC or San Fran. Yeah so it might be something like that. It would be cool for that!

A Pixy
May 17th, 2010, 05:25 PM
They are Japanese. Ignore the fact that Japan can't exist in the Pokemon world, they still are.

Tyrantrum
May 17th, 2010, 05:26 PM
So far, every Pokémon game has been based off places in Japan, so I'm pretty sure this game is too, I mean, America isn't the only country in the world that has big cities.

shookie
May 17th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Clothing style is a weak argument, no offense. Just because something is sold or worn frequently here doesn't mean it isn't worn in other countries.

The trainers never had a set country of origin, but considering Pokémon is based in Japan, most people assume the trainers are Japanese. Until the developers flatly state that "the trainers are from XYZ" then it's all speculation.

RivalGator
May 17th, 2010, 05:29 PM
I don't think they are anything like the real world to be honest. I mean, they are because they were MADE by the real world, obviously, but.

I think they are supposed to be a world of their own.

Kenaku
May 17th, 2010, 05:35 PM
China? Anyone? No, no? Just me? Okay then.

Kirbychu
May 17th, 2010, 05:39 PM
I believe the correct term is "Isshuian".

Flex_S
May 17th, 2010, 05:44 PM
China? Anyone? No, no? Just me? Okay then.
I'd like to see somebody wearing hot pants like those in Communist China...

Butterfree-Charizard
May 17th, 2010, 05:50 PM
I think there like all trainers, just generic kids.

Nicktheant
May 17th, 2010, 05:54 PM
They could be dressing in modern clothes...

MistahDude
May 17th, 2010, 07:15 PM
No there jappense kids like always

if they were japanese they would be a lot different looking clothing wise

Vrai
May 17th, 2010, 07:17 PM
There is speculation that because Isshu is based on a place "far, far away" that it might be potentially based upon American lands, not parts of Japan like every other region. Hiun City could be indirectly related to a city like NYC, for example. As far as I know, it's perfectly reasonable to assume that the trainers would look "American", per sé.

Kirbychu
May 17th, 2010, 07:30 PM
What are you talking about? The Japanese practically emulate the fashions of the western world. Not to mention that Pokemon trainers seem to have a certain style of their own.. It's like casual clothing meets sporty. Plus It's not like people have to where certain clothes depending on their nationality anyways. :/

Wings Don't Cry
May 17th, 2010, 07:56 PM

Do you think Japanese people still go around in a kimono? It's called modern clothing and America isn't the only country that wears it.

MistahDude
May 17th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Do you think Japanese people still go around in a kimono? It's called modern clothing and America isn't the only country that wears it.

Nah. I was thinking of Japan's crazy fashion trends...

Vrai
May 17th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Nah. I was thinking of Japan's crazy fashion trends...

We have those too. Remember the seventies?

Went
May 18th, 2010, 12:15 AM
I'm sure you can discuss this in the Protagonists (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=218740) thread.