PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Third Game

Pages : [1] 2

Kenaku
May 17th, 2010, 05:40 PM
You have Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum.

For Black and White what could the third name be? I'm banking on Gray.

Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
May 17th, 2010, 05:42 PM
agree grey or gray it's one of those two spellings.

Kenaku
May 17th, 2010, 05:48 PM
As a color grey is spelled wrong. With the capital it is correct, for some reason. Spell check is weird.

Butterfree-Charizard
May 17th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Proably grey, I can't see what else fits well there. well then again Platinum is pretty far from dimands and pearls.

Dillon_68
May 17th, 2010, 07:31 PM
As a color grey is spelled wrong. With the capital it is correct, for some reason. Spell check is weird.

I get them mixed up but I heard that we use Gray in America, not Grey. I believe that's British or something. Kinda like Color and Colour.

I think it will be Pokemon Clear version.

Vrai
May 17th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Grey seems far too obvious. It'll be something random like Maroon... or maybe not even a color.

Heck, there might not even be a third version.

Zorua
May 17th, 2010, 07:39 PM
I think that this thread is pretty much way ahead of it's time for any actual speculation to be involved. D:

I can't necessarily decide on anything because I can't judge based on abstract evidence. I have a thought though, that the "remake" game after this is probably going to have nothing to do with Black/White(in other words, having nothing to do with the color), but hey, that's just a thought. It's due to the kind of stuff Gamefreak can pull off, y'know?

And like Vrai said, there might not even be a third version.

dead-man-walking
May 25th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Gray! ...Or Rainbow?
As long as it's not something off, it should be just fine.

vibratingcat
May 25th, 2010, 05:31 AM
i really hope its not grey, it sounds dull. as twilight sky said, its hard to speculate about with the little evidence we have. i mean we dont even know what black and white is.

Finch-
May 25th, 2010, 07:18 AM
i like the sound of what someone on here said...
Pokemon Chrome...

It sounds a lot less dull than Grey and is still in contrast to Black & White

billi1000
May 25th, 2010, 07:22 AM
since these arent remakes they might most probably make a 3rd game, my hunch on the name is pokemon dusk, but i m really hoping for the first time, that the third one will be on thw wii, although its close to an impossible event :P

Elite Champion
May 25th, 2010, 07:23 AM
twighlight or chrome would b pretty cool, but grey does kinda fit into the slot :/ wich is bad because its true, it does sound dull

Bluerang1
May 25th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Chrome sounds great! Though, I'm pretty sure it'll be nothing to do with grey. Probably Pokemon Violet or Tropical or something :P We just need to see the Rayquaza/Girantina of this Black&White to decide :P

Sora's Nobody
May 25th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Yeah the games new names might be changed to Dusk & Dawn, other names ight offend people, so the third game could be Twilight

Zeffy
May 25th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Obviously going to be Gray, because if you mix Black and White what will you get?

That's right, Gray.

RyanGT
May 25th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Pokemon : Grey sounds like the logical answer.

Pokemon : Metallic maybe?

Haha, who knows...

Myles
May 25th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Well, it could be Rainbow. Because black anld white are usually considered seperate to colours. So then it would be like 'Black, white and colour!'

shookie
May 25th, 2010, 08:25 AM
I get them mixed up but I heard that we use Gray in America, not Grey. I believe that's British or something. Kinda like Color and Colour.
I think Americans tend to use "gray" when referencing the color and "grey" as an adjective. Think about it too much and then the word just loses its meaning once you say it too much. gray gray gray gray gray

My money's on the third one, if they release it, being released as Gray...I originally thought maybe "Silver" but remembered that there already was a Silver. It seems like they name the third off of whatever Pokémon it revolves around as well as the theme to the previous two...Yellow = Pikachu, Emerald = Rayquaza, etc.

PiPVoda
May 25th, 2010, 08:33 AM
It doesn't necessarily have to be gray. I remember running past a PC forum a few days ago from like August '07 and they were speculating about what the 3rd installment of D&P were gonna be. I heard all weird things like Opal, Amethyst, Pyrite, and so on. No one would have guessed that it would have been platinum! Besides, gray is such a dull shade. They may use another gemstone or a color, maybe something totally different. We definitely won't know for like another 2 years.

Yeah the games new names might be changed to Dusk & Dawn, other names ight offend people, so the third game could be Twilight

I don't like that name. Dusk and Dawn could be used but then remember there Digimon games named Digimon World Dusk and DW Dawn. Twilight.....that just doesn't sound like a good name for a pokemon game to me.

BleuVII
May 25th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Well, "Red/Green -> Blue" makes sense. Even "Ruby/Sapphire -> Emerald" makes sense. However, I REALLY think that Crystal and Platinum should have had their names switched. I mean, look: "Gold/Silver -> Platinum" | "Diamond/Pearl -> Crystal". As someone who started with Pokemon a year ago, that confused me for the longest time.

So Gray would make sense, but we are only 50/50 on names that make sense at this point.

thepsynergist
May 25th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Grey is dull? Black and White seem like dull names to me too. But, whatever. A rose by any other name...

Parallel_Rain
May 25th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Ash
Pokemon black and white, And a different word for grey is ash.

リュザキ
May 25th, 2010, 09:12 AM
I was thinking Rainbow if there was a third game, we have the collection of color, the absence of color, so why not the refraction of light into a color spectrum.

Finch-
May 25th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Are we even certain that a third game is going to be made?

PiPVoda
May 25th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Grey is dull? Black and White seem like dull names to me too. But, whatever. A rose by any other name...

Yes because it doesn't seem to have any meaning behind it as black and white do. Black and white have yin and yang, good and evil, et cetera and they look good when blended with just about anything :D. Grey on the other hand......I just don't know.

Eeohnex
May 25th, 2010, 09:51 AM
It's probably going to be Pokemon Chrome, sounds way better than Pokemon Gray.

Myles
May 25th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Not to mention (how green is envy, red is rage, etc.) grey = gloomy.

zappyspiker
May 25th, 2010, 11:37 AM
It's probably going to be Pokemon Chrome, sounds way better than Pokemon Gray.

Although It's kind of expected for Grey, Chrome sounds cool but it reminds me of Google to much XD

PiPVoda
May 25th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Not to mention (how green is envy, red is rage, etc.) grey = gloomy.

Which is exactly why it shouldn't be called Grey. Nothing more 'gloomy' than giving a potentially awesome region and more than likely revolutonizing games a gloomy 3rd installment eh?

DXrobots
May 25th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Pokemon grey is to logical a choice here. The only titles that have made sense were yellow and Emerald. What relation does crystal have to Gold and silver? and the whole 4th generation seems random to me. I think they'll go with something like orange or Starlight or something random

Haza
May 25th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Im sure it will be Gray, but that would make this the most dull generation ever so I am hoping for Rainbow... seriously. We need some color in this generation.

コナンくん
May 25th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Gray seems to be working since Black & White mixed could be Gray :D

McNoob
May 25th, 2010, 07:54 PM
I thought it was already decided that it'd be Pokemon Brown and that Bidoof is returning as a legendary.

EXO時代
May 25th, 2010, 07:55 PM
I'm betting on Spectrum or Rainbow :P

Angelroid
May 25th, 2010, 08:05 PM
It could be Grey or Purple.

Azzurra
May 25th, 2010, 09:35 PM
I'd probably be leaning more towards Grey than Purple, simply because this installment of Pokemon is "Black/White" and the only color I can possibly think of that matches those shades is Grey.

Mortalis
May 26th, 2010, 05:44 AM

I think it will be Pokemon Clear version.

Grey = Canadian Spelling.
Gray = American Spelling.
Color = American Spelling.
Colour = Canadian Spelling.

So, all of them are correct. But I agree, gray is definatly a selection ... might also be clear version, as suggested above, or maybe another gem ... You never know.

bwburke94
May 26th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Third versions aren't necessary anymore with GTS... I'll say no third version, but if there is one, it won't be Rainbow (since that would require a reappearance of Ho-Oh. Or a new Ho-Oh alt forme...)

Mortalis
May 26th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Third versions aren't necessary anymore with GTS... I'll say no third version, but if there is one, it won't be Rainbow (since that would require a reappearance of Ho-Oh. Or a new Ho-Oh alt forme...)

Why would it require that? Ho-Oh is a rainbow Pokemon, but it doesn't mean that it needs to be the whole point of a game called "Rainbow Version". Any Pokemon can be called the Rainbow Pokemon, so that's not really a factor.

sadakid1
June 10th, 2010, 07:45 PM
well, you know how red and blue had yellow, gold and silver had crystal, ruby and sapphire had emerald, and diamond and pearl had platinum? what will black and white have?

i think it will be called pokemon gray

SargeantMajorKururu
June 10th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Prism, maybe? We already passed up the chance for Pokemon Peridot, which I really wanted because it's my birthstone. But Pokemon Prisim or Pokemon Grey could be the next one. Which would be funny because a looong time ago I was talking about a Pokemon Grey and made a Pokemon that looked a lot like Beldum. This was like back in Red and Blue days.

HannahMontana
June 10th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Pokemon Gray >_>? Everyone is assuming that because Black + White = Gray.

I cannot think of a more boring name. They are not going to call it Pokemon Gray, the most notoriously bland color ever.

Satoshi_poketo monsta
June 10th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Yeah I know. But 1st Gen had 4 version buddy! You forgot Green, And for Black and White, I don't know...Quantum? Cool enough to me~ :D

HannahMontana
June 10th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Yeah I know. But 1st Gen had 4 version buddy! You forgot Green, And for Black and White, I don't know...Quantum? Cool enough to me~ :D

Pokemon Green was not the third game, Pokemon Blue was. And he didn't forget, he intentionally left it out. Pokemon Yellow is considered the third special version to American Red and Blue (and Japanese Blue). That's that.

Jerme
June 10th, 2010, 08:16 PM
how about chrome?

and now that you mention it, i'm going to wait for the 3rd game i guess.

Thunderhead
June 10th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Colors
Metals
Gems
something, gems?

This is Colors
however, I'm taking a guess on this that
Black will be the darker one
White will be the lighter one.

It would need to be something that goes inbetween this logic.

Pokemon Grey is out of the question because of Silver being there. Silver works as a color too, so this would cause confusion with Soul Silver.

Pokemon =
Nuetral, Chrome, Fate, Twilight, Dawn, and Legends.

These few are some of the possiblitys that work. I have speculations on Chrome, as it would work rather nice.

Dawn and Twilight are questionable as Dawn was already a character in the series, and twilight gets thought up now a days as sparkling vampires.

(I'm thinking of the Kingdom Hearts/Paper Mario name of there Twilight Towns, and KHs Twilight "power". If you get this part, then you know why I say so)

blazez3212
June 10th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Actually the 1st gen had 4 games but in japan they had red,green,yellow and here we got the refined version which was red,blue,yellow. from what i know

dithyrambos
June 10th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I think it will be something totally out of the blue. Like how Crystal was for Gold and Silver (i.e. crystal is not a metal). Also, diamonds and pearls are gems, but platinum is a metal. Hmmmm.

I personally like the names Chrome and Prism. I'm not so sure about chrome being a title, though. クロム (kuromu), from the word ゼクロム (Zekrom, literally "zekuromu"), can be translated into English as chrome, and he/she is the mascot for Pokemon White.

......Or, I could be over-analyzing the name. *Shrug* It just makes more sense if he were the mascot for Pokemon Chrome, should they decide to go with that name. Chrome sounds nice and futuristic, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it.

Horizon
June 10th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Now you mention it, I thnk that Chrome could be a good bet. One thing we may have to wait for is to see when the legendaries are revealed, that might give us an indication.

JakeClowd
June 10th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Just to clairify on the very first gen.
In japan there was 3 games created, Red, Green, and Blue - for the three starter types.
The highest selling of the three was Blue, so in turn, it was chosen to come to america.
They made two, slightly different copys of blue which would become Pokemon Blue version and Red version.
Yellow came later. The original Red and Green were never released in the US.

EXO時代
June 11th, 2010, 12:22 AM
Spectrum!
(I just love this word, loads).

Eliminator Jr.
June 11th, 2010, 12:30 AM
I don't think they'll have Pokémon Grey, not only because of the blandness of the colour but because the Americans spell it as gray and there would be unnecessary complications. I don't see the relevance of chrome, and Pokémon Colour wouldn't work (because for one the name sounds bad, and two, like grey, the Americans spell the word differently).

I've got no clue. It'd be best to see what the third legendary looks like. Maybe Pokémon Rainbow?

Cherrim
June 11th, 2010, 05:03 AM
well, you know how red and blue had yellow, gold and silver had crystal, ruby and sapphire had emerald, and diamond and pearl had platinum? what will black and white have?

i think it will be called pokemon gray
Merged your thread in with the existing thread for the third game since it already existed and yours was getting some decent discussion.

Shiny Shaymin
June 11th, 2010, 05:40 AM
I thought it was already decided that it'd be Pokemon Brown and that Bidoof is returning as a legendary.

That's what I thought, too... xD

But I think that either Gray or Chrome sounds good.

MrsNorrington
June 11th, 2010, 02:13 PM
I personally don't like the names Black and White. So I'd really hate it if they named it Pokemon Grey. (Yes, I'm American, but I have spelt it Grey all of my life. When I discovered the American english way of spelling it was gray, I was like......no that can't be true, it doesn't look right. LOL)

Becki
June 11th, 2010, 03:51 PM
In america both spellings are corect for grey, most people do not realize that Gray is a name also. It could be grey, but it could also be another color such as brown.

Zorua
June 11th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Just saying that with all the speculation that it would probably be gray, it would be interesting(and a bit hilarious, at that) if Nintendo came out with a totally different name, getting almost everyone by surprise!

dieter57
June 11th, 2010, 04:03 PM
go pokemon chrome!
i like that name.

vietazn654
June 11th, 2010, 04:19 PM
I think Pokemon Gray. Because White+Black=Gray. I think. =p

Jerme
June 11th, 2010, 04:42 PM
I think Pokemon Gray. Because White+Black=Gray. I think. =p

Congratulations, you're about the 15th person that said the exact same thing:nervous:

but i hope for no 3rd game. with all these features it seems there is no need.

FieryGrave
June 11th, 2010, 05:22 PM
I was thinking of something like rainbow, or not gray, its too obvious.

shot571
June 11th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Congratulations, you're about the 15th person that said the exact same thing:nervous:

but i hope for no 3rd game. with all these features it seems there is no need.
I'm guessing we dont even know half of the features yet :D.
Anyway I think it will be called Pokemon Chrome. It has a nice ring to it.

>Feelings<
June 12th, 2010, 03:08 AM
Why not Pokemon Ash? It's mid Black and White too.

kinu
June 12th, 2010, 04:53 AM
it depends on the the third main lengendarys color

Zackraa
June 12th, 2010, 05:15 AM
I think if they make a third game it'll be
Pokemon - Monochrome

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
June 12th, 2010, 05:38 AM
Well, they obviously can't call it Pokémon Grey, or zombies would sue on racial grounds.

BeachBoy
June 12th, 2010, 05:46 AM
SILVER!

... Oh, wait. D: I actually wouldn't mind gray, that'd be pretty cool.

it depends on the the third main lengendarys color Rumors (on PB) say green. Are we getting green version all over again? Hmm.

Shuckleman
June 12th, 2010, 06:21 AM
I'm guessing we dont even know half of the features yet :D.
Anyway I think it will be called Pokemon Chrome. It has a nice ring to it.

NEW! pokemon chrome! includes new pokeball:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:qzp4fbGUAfliKM:http://www.orangesoda.com/blog/wp-content/thumbnails/1328.jpeg

Maybe they could call it pokemon Yinyang version?

dead-man-walking
June 12th, 2010, 07:08 AM
C'mon people, be more creative. Rainbow and Gray is heard at least twenty times combined.

How about something new that deviates from the naming of the first two games but still connects each other?

My other bets:
-Chaos (Hex yeah)
-Twilight (NO GAMEFREAK PLEASE NO)
-Shadow
-Eclipse

We can still get a Thousand guess. Go go go!

Forever
June 12th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Grey is most likely...then again, pink would be nice <3

I'll be surprised if it isn't Grey, though... the spelling issues would make it not so likely.

PiPVoda
June 12th, 2010, 07:51 AM
On pokebeach there was an article about rumors of a green, snake-like pokemon being the 3rd legendary as Giratina was to Dialga and Palkia. If this is true then I thikn that would totally throw Gray/Grey out of the question.

Like how Giratina compliments Dialga and Palkia, a large, green cobra will accompany Reshiram and Zekrom. http://pokebeach.com/2010/06/possible-black-and-white-spoilers-unconfirmed

Note these are just UNCOMFIRMED spoilers. What I said doesn't mean it's true, just something I saw while browsing Pokebeach.

Agent Clank
June 12th, 2010, 08:02 AM
I think it should be Grey or Chrome (like others said)
Its obvious that it might be Grey though....

MrGriszell
June 15th, 2010, 12:52 PM
What do you guys think

Communication can occur in sleep mode, meaning your 3DS systems can communicate with each other on their own. For example, it can compare save data from your gameplay with other 3DS systems who have data from the same game, sharing content in the process, so that the next time you play the game you will see something different.
In terms of Wi-Fi, the 3DS can automatically download new content without you having to do anything, such as new levels.

I think these features would make any pokemon game awsome, what do you think?

.Awesome
June 15th, 2010, 12:54 PM
tHE 3rd game on 3DS? I don't think it should be. Maybe if they remake Hoenn or something, but I tbh I don't think they should put Pokemon Gray on 3DS. Because aren't B/W already going to be on the DS? So the 3rd version should be on the DS also.

June 15th, 2010, 01:02 PM
I like the idea. Those who don't want the functionality of the 3DS can stick with B/W; those who do can purchase the third game for their new 3DS. Plus it would help Nintendo see how a Pokémon game could function on the 3DS so that their first 3DS-only Pokémon title has its kinks worked out.

Åzurε
June 15th, 2010, 01:07 PM
I like the idea. Those who don't want the functionality of the 3DS can stick with B/W; those who do can purchase the third game for their new 3DS. Plus it would help Nintendo see how a Pokémon game could function on the 3DS so that their first 3DS-only Pokémon title has its kinks worked out.

This, and after what they did to with Mystery Dungeon Red and Blue, I can kind of see the possibility.

Masterge77
June 15th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Well, Gold and Silver were made for both the original Game Boy and Game boy color, because it was at the end of the original Game Boys lifespan, as a result, Crystal was for the Game Boy Color only (It's in my GBC right now, but haven't played it due to HG/SS), Black and White were announced before the 3DS was, making it similar to G/S/C was, so since this is the end of the DS era, the third game will be 3DS only, but by then, B/W will be out in the states when the 3DS comes in Japan (no fair Australia and Europe got the DSi first)

PiPVoda
June 15th, 2010, 01:47 PM
tHE 3rd game on 3DS? I don't think it should be. Maybe if they remake Hoenn or something, but I tbh I don't think they should put Pokemon Gray on 3DS. Because aren't B/W already going to be on the DS? So the 3rd version should be on the DS also.

I dont think it should. By the time the 3rd version comes out the DS would have been scrapped by Nintendo in favor of the 3DS.

We will be able to see how B/W function on the 3DS b/c it will be backwards compatabile. Though yeah I agree, having the 3rd on the 3DS would bring with it some extra perks (maybe sideways walking since the 3DS has an analog stick?)

Chaos Rush
June 15th, 2010, 02:33 PM
It'll be like Gen II. Similar to how Crystal is GBC exclusive, "Gray" could be 3DS exclusive.

June 15th, 2010, 03:01 PM
We will be able to see how B/W function on the 3DS b/c it will be backwards compatabile. Though yeah I agree, having the 3rd on the 3DS would bring with it some extra perks (maybe sideways walking since the 3DS has an analog stick?)

It will be backwards-compatible, but I doubt the 3DS will be able to bring improved graphics and a 3D environment to preexisting DS games, is what I meant.

Steve Moore
June 15th, 2010, 03:52 PM
I like the idea. Those who don't want the functionality of the 3DS can stick with B/W; those who do can purchase the third game for their new 3DS. Plus it would help Nintendo see how a Pokémon game could function on the 3DS so that their first 3DS-only Pokémon title has its kinks worked out. True.

I'm getting pretty excited about the 3DS.

Digital Wings
June 15th, 2010, 04:11 PM
It'll be like Gen II. Similar to how Crystal is GBC exclusive, "Gray" could be 3DS exclusive.

^^^^^What Chaos Rush said.

Team Fail
June 15th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Well, if there was a thing that you could trade in a DSi for a 3DS, I would so do that just so I could get the third game!!!!!

dithyrambos
June 15th, 2010, 05:01 PM
I like the idea. Those who don't want the functionality of the 3DS can stick with B/W; those who do can purchase the third game for their new 3DS. Plus it would help Nintendo see how a Pokémon game could function on the 3DS so that their first 3DS-only Pokémon title has its kinks worked out.Even those who don't want the 3D functionality can buy the game and not be bother with images popping out of the screen IIRC, the 3d visuals on the 3DS can be turned off. I'm really excited, and I personally would love to see the next Pokemon game on the 3DS. It would make purchasing it so much more worthwhile (that's not to say there aren't other 3DS games that I want, because I pretty much want all of them).

SIN1488
June 15th, 2010, 05:43 PM
I think they should save all those ideas for the next pokemon game, and make B/W/Whatever the last pokemon games for the DS.

Also,
"meaning your 3DS systems can communicate with each other on their own."
Anyone else see technology taking over? 0_o

Red1530
June 15th, 2010, 06:23 PM
It'll be like Gen II. Similar to how Crystal is GBC exclusive, "Gray" could be 3DS exclusive.I have to agree with you. More then likely the third version will be 3DS exclusive.

Dillon_68
June 15th, 2010, 06:40 PM
You guys do realize that the 3DS will have slots for both the new cartridges and the older DS cartridges.

Hibaru
June 15th, 2010, 06:47 PM
I kinda bit agree if the 3rd game is for 3DS. But there's also an exclusive feature of Black and White in DSi, So, I don't know if the 3rd will have the exclusive feature on 3DS.

Hiroshi Sotomura
June 15th, 2010, 06:53 PM
You guys do realize that the 3DS will have slots for both the new cartridges and the older DS cartridges.
Wrong. The 3DS is a single slot console and the slot accepts 3DS games as well as DS/DSi games.

dithyrambos
June 15th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Wrong. The 3DS is a single slot console and the slot accepts 3DS games as well as DS/DSi games.

I'm happy you pointed that out. And even if the 3DS did have multiple slots I'm still unsure about how that is relevant to the threads current discussion. Pokemon Gray would still be exclusive to the 3DS. (I'm really quite confused about Dillion_68's post...)

More on topic: If they make the third game for the 3DS, I wonder what sort of features they'll include. Sometimes I forget there's more to this console than just 3D. They could use the motion sensor for a new Nintendog-esque mini-game (or maybe a "cuter" way to participate in contests) and maybe somehow implement the gyroscope for a richer Pokethlone experience.

Dillon_68
June 15th, 2010, 07:28 PM
The point I was trying to get across in my post was that even when the 3DS comes out, DS games will still be compatible with it, meaning that DS titles won't be completely obsolete.

redsaber5859
June 16th, 2010, 08:56 AM
should the third version of black and white be for the 3ds? such as pokemon yellow was basically for the game boy color not gameboy? tell me what you think pokemon black and whites third is gonna be for, ds or 3ds! and what should it be called? grey? gray? or what?

Storm_has_formed
June 16th, 2010, 02:22 PM
I'm all for this, especially if it is WPA key-enabled

Gregora
June 16th, 2010, 02:32 PM
It is possible that they did to B&W what they did to Y,G,and S- they added more data to the games to make it enhanced for the Game Boy Color. I can't see why B&W aren't going to be since the Pokemon Company were one of the first outside developing companies that had the SDK for the 3DS, and that was a year or two ago. It's possible that they might have it so that it has the 3D effect when being played on a 3DS.

PiPVoda
June 16th, 2010, 07:11 PM
The point I was trying to get across in my post was that even when the 3DS comes out, DS games will still be compatible with it, meaning that DS titles won't be completely obsolete.

Oh yeah the DS titles won't go obsolete for years more than likely, but the DS system will be obsolete maybe a year or two after the 3DS's launch (I assume).

✩ Moriarty;5884148]It will be backwards-compatible, but I doubt the 3DS will be able to bring improved graphics and a 3D environment to preexisting DS games, is what I meant. Oh that is what you meant, well, I'd have to agree..but then I saw this marvelous comment:
It is possible that they did to B&W what they did to Y,G,and S- they added more data to the games to make it enhanced for the Game Boy Color. I can't see why B&W aren't going to be since the Pokemon Company were one of the first outside developing companies that had the SDK for the 3DS, and that was a year or two ago. It's possible that they might have it so that it has the 3D effect when being played on a 3DS.

Becki
June 16th, 2010, 07:32 PM
As long as ds games are compatible with the 3DS ill be happy, because then why would it matter if the 3rd game is made spcefically for the 3DS.

The 3DS looks epic no matter what though, and i can't wait for it, i just hope it is affordable!

Eeohnex
June 16th, 2010, 07:38 PM
The 3DS looks epic no matter what though, and i can't wait for it, i just hope it is affordable!
This, I just got my Nintendo DSi XL a while ago and I hope they don't make it so expensive, as long as the price is reasonable, I'll be fine. And if it isn't, well I guess I will have to wait for the second Generation of the 3DS, which will probably happen in the next 2-3 years after the first 3DS gets into the market.

Cherrim
June 17th, 2010, 05:33 AM
What do you guys think

Communication can occur in sleep mode, meaning your 3DS systems can communicate with each other on their own. For example, it can compare save data from your gameplay with other 3DS systems who have data from the same game, sharing content in the process, so that the next time you play the game you will see something different.
In terms of Wi-Fi, the 3DS can automatically download new content without you having to do anything, such as new levels.

I think these features would make any pokemon game awsome, what do you think?
Merged this into the pre-existing "third game" thread. It's still quite far off so all speculation relating to it--be it name, system, etc.--should stay in one thread for now.

master morty
June 17th, 2010, 03:34 PM
It's so obvious that Nintendo is going to preoccupy us with Black and White, while they work on pokemon Grey, and then we'll be spending twice as much money. -.-

is it honestly a good idea to buy B/W? or is it a better idea to just wait for the next Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and then finally pokemon Grey?

Insane85
June 17th, 2010, 03:36 PM
I plan to get one of B/W and then get Grey later. Like I have with every generation (except 4, for some reason)

Calder
June 17th, 2010, 04:08 PM
I don't think Yinyang Games should have a 3rd game... HG and SS didn't have LungsCrystal did it? No? And it was perfectly fine...

Golden Heart
June 17th, 2010, 04:13 PM
I don't think Yinyang Games should have a 3rd game... HG and SS didn't have LungsCrystal did it? No? And it was perfectly fine...
That's because a lot of Crystal things [like 'chasing' Suicune] were put into HGSS.
They didn't make a third game for FRLG. Because they were remakes.

Why not for this generation? There could always be something superior to these two (Not that there isn't already, with Arceus).

Insane85
June 17th, 2010, 04:14 PM
I love the idea of Pokemon Rainbow!!! But for one that's actually possible: Pokemon Chrome seems the best.

Calder
June 17th, 2010, 04:15 PM
That's because a lot of Crystal things [like 'chasing' Suicune] were put into HGSS.
They didn't make a third game for FRLG. Because they were remakes.

Why not for this generation? There could always be something superior to these two (Not that there isn't already, with Arceus).

I know that they put them in I'm saying whats the point of a 3rd version if Yin and Yang are all they have in Yinyang...there isnt a 3rd word for it...and if you say Grey and Grey has a Dragon type that is Yin and Yang that defeats the whole purpose. Therefore the 3rd game is pointless...

Golden Heart
June 17th, 2010, 04:18 PM
I know that they put them in I'm saying whats the point of a 3rd version if Yin and Yang are all they have in Yinyang...there isnt a 3rd word for it...and if you say Grey and Grey has a Dragon type that is Yin and Yang that defeats the whole purpose. Therefore the 3rd game is pointless...
I'm pretty sure there is a third thing related to or probably actually part of the whole Yinyang thing.
Dunno the word, though. ;x

Calder
June 17th, 2010, 04:35 PM
I'm pretty sure there is a third thing related to or probably actually part of the whole Yinyang thing.
Dunno the word, though. ;x

Taijitu would be the whole Yin and Yang together...But I don't think that works...

dithyrambos
June 17th, 2010, 04:43 PM
If we look at yin & yang as representing order, then the opposite of yin & yang would be chaos. Also, Pokemon Marble. Or better yet, Pokemon Granite, would make great third edition names.

Jerme
June 17th, 2010, 05:06 PM
i like chrome. theres a black and white pokemon so i think a chrome one would be cool

grey is too bland and generic

Golden Heart
June 17th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Well, you could pretty much say anything goes with these two colors. Because you really can. So many things! D:

Zanel
June 17th, 2010, 10:42 PM
I like the random idea of a possible third title to be Ash. As cliche or lame as the name is, they could have a lot of fun tweaks with a third game.

Who knows? It'll most likely be something none of us would have thought of or we'd be right on the nose.

Calder
June 17th, 2010, 11:32 PM
I like the random idea of a possible third title to be Ash. As cliche or lame as the name is, they could have a lot of fun tweaks with a third game.

Who knows? It'll most likely be something none of us would have thought of or we'd be right on the nose.

How do you know we aren't right on the nose...xD

Doctor
June 18th, 2010, 12:54 AM
If they call the third game Ash, it'll automatically sell a huge amount of copies to people who haven't even looked closely at the content and have only seen the anime XD

FloatingClouds
June 18th, 2010, 01:57 AM
Until we know black version and white versions back-story we don't know if there will be a grey/gray... :)

zappyspiker
June 18th, 2010, 03:12 AM
It's most likely going to be Grey so I'll just go with it

Jerme
June 18th, 2010, 12:34 PM
why grey? is it because b+w=gray? no, was yellow version named purple? was emerald also named purple? (red + blue=purple) so color combining makes no sense

edit: and then was crystal version called platinum?

Astinus
June 18th, 2010, 05:48 PM
was yellow version named purple?
Red, Blue, and Yellow are the primary colors. That's why they go together.

was emerald also named purple?
Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald are precious gems. That's why they go together.

When speculating on the name of the third Fifth Generation game, people are following a logical path. Black, White, Grey. I've heard so many suggestions for the name of this game because Black and White go well with a variety of different things. Grey just fits more in people's minds, so that's why it's the more popular idea.

Or the name could be something completely unrelated like Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, with the first two being more "jewel-like" and the third being a metal (in people's minds). Unless there is a relation like the one I heard: rare, dazzling minerals. (And yes, I already know the differences between the three.)

Right now, it could be anything. Chrome sounds appealing to my ears.

Jerme
June 18th, 2010, 07:08 PM
i would like to have a chrome boxart..

PiPVoda
June 18th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Red, Blue, and Yellow are the primary colors. That's why they go together.

Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald are precious gems. That's why they go together.

When speculating on the name of the third Fifth Generation game, people are following a logical path. Black, White, Grey. I've heard so many suggestions for the name of this game because Black and White go well with a variety of different things. Grey just fits more in people's minds, so that's why it's the more popular idea.

Or the name could be something completely unrelated like Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, with the first two being more "jewel-like" and the third being a metal (in people's minds). Unless there is a relation like the one I heard: rare, dazzling minerals. (And yes, I already know the differences between the three.)

Right now, it could be anything. Chrome sounds appealing to my ears.

I like Chrome too but I feel like it doesn't sound as simple as black and white do. Arrrghhh, curse Nintendo for choosing two shades :laugh:. They could just name the 3rd installment after b/w, Pokemon Black & White II. This could be the first gen w/ four games covering the same region/storyline. Black & White II (dumb..but mehhh) could just take you more into the yin/yang storyline though leaning more towards telling the tale behind the 3rd legendary that has yet to be revealed. Make the 3rd installment more than just an added few perks, make it somewhat different storyline, imo.

Mac@ACK!
June 18th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Pokemon Mexican Version. you knew it was gonna happen.

I'm betting on Chrome or Greay. Like someone earlier said, we need to see the leader of the Trio to tell what the next version is gonna be.

But as far as names go... Mexican version. **** just got real.

Flarexon
June 29th, 2010, 08:39 AM
I think if they make a third game it'll be
Pokemon - Monochrome

Aw... You beat me to it...

Jaiyke
June 29th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Pokemon Blank or Pokemon Nothingness Version? =O
Cover Pokemon the Pokemon of Nothingness?... and doesn't have a type!?..
that'd be alittle overpowered though =P...
i dunno Blank sounds weird and Nothingness may be a bit too long XDD
so i dunno

Chaos Rush
June 29th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Pokemon YinYang Version. Or since Crystal is completely unrelated to Gold/Silver, and how Platinum is completely unrelated to Diamond/Pearl (Gold/Silver/Platinum & Diamond/Pearl/Crystal makes more sense), it will probably be....

Pokemon Deception Version!!!!

nah, jk...

Trope
June 29th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Pink. Or cyan. Anything flashy. x)

XxRogueTrainerxX
June 29th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Pokémon Glass Version? Nah. Maybe Pokémon Clear or Gray version.

Air Pichu
June 29th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Pokémon Glass Version? Nah. Maybe Pokémon Clear or Gray version.
I think it'll be Gray or Clear too, but i think it's to early to assume.

XxRogueTrainerxX
June 29th, 2010, 11:07 AM
I think it'll be Gray or Clear too, but i think it's to early to assume.

I agree, since the third installment of a generation usually comes out a year or so after the first two games.

You're Gonna Go Far Kid!
June 29th, 2010, 11:39 AM
I really hope it's rainbow :D
Although, it does sound too ambitious. When I think of Rainbow version, I would expect it to be PERFECT.

Jamais
June 29th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Because we're already getting Black and White, it almost seems TOO obvious to call it Grey/Gray. I wouldn't mind Chrome, but it doesn't really relate to Black/White as much as Grey. Maybe they'll go with something like Pokemon Sepia or Pokemon Color as an opposite.

skyluigi2
June 29th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Maybe something like steel, chrome version :D
sounds cool anyway

Charizard★
June 30th, 2010, 09:14 AM
I agree with the Grey/Gray part.

I wouldn't mind a Metallic version though :3

Pokestick, good times.
July 1st, 2010, 12:26 PM
I'd crack up if it turned out to be Grey version :P

I'll just wait and see; I don't have any.. must haves on this topic.

Jerme
July 1st, 2010, 12:48 PM
imagine if chrome version...a nice shiny chrome boxart:cool:

and the guy said that chrome is unrelated to black/white, is crystal really that related to gold/silver? it could've been platinum but that is now a 4th gen game.

Azure-Supernova
July 1st, 2010, 12:49 PM
Well let's see, we've already had colours, metals and stones... seeing as black and white are colours... I'd say Grey is a pretty safe bet :P Not a very technical analysis but it seems logical. Either that or they'll completely throw us off and call it "Spectrum" or something like that.

Pokestick, good times.
July 1st, 2010, 12:52 PM
imagine if chrome version...a nice shiny chrome boxart:cool:

and the guy said that chrome is unrelated to black/white, is crystal really that related to gold/silver? it could've been platinum but that is now a 4th gen game.
I think I just changed my mind ._.
Chrome Pl0x? and then PokéSpe anime

tangvor
July 1st, 2010, 01:13 PM
I think it'd be awesome if it was CLEAR because the cartridge would look awesome!
They might have problems with the box though :[

Myles
July 1st, 2010, 08:49 PM

They're all precious minerals. While Platinum is more closely related (being a pure element like them), Crystal is still fairly related.

Chrome and Black and White have no relation at all.

Bigdog
July 1st, 2010, 09:26 PM
I bet some gemstone will be used to reference Ruby and Sapphire . Amethyst , Acanthite and Amber are my bets.

hever
July 1st, 2010, 09:28 PM
Pokemon Transparent sounds logical.

[/sarcasm]

PiPVoda
July 2nd, 2010, 08:30 AM
I bet some gemstone will be used to reference Ruby and Sapphire . Amethyst , Acanthite and Amber are my bets.
I like the color of Amber, so I think it could be used. Would sound a little weird like black/white/.....Amber but could work.....

In the future GF could start just using names for games like Pokemon Sun/ Moon, Wave/Blaze, Galaxy version.

war rock exe
July 2nd, 2010, 09:45 AM

I believe that you are correct, becuase in addition to Zekrom and Rishiram they're making a cobra/dragon to make it a trio

jba1013
July 2nd, 2010, 12:35 PM
think about it. in gold and silver there was a slightly different adventure. so they made crystal to pull it together. but with heartgold and soulsilver, they made the adventure so simlar there is no need for a third game, they are probobly gonna do that with black and white too

Nikorasu
July 2nd, 2010, 12:52 PM
Pokemon grey is my bet, but it sounds really boring :X

hever
July 2nd, 2010, 12:58 PM
Pokemon grey is my bet, but it sounds really boring :X

If the name comes with a cool looking pokemon in the game cover, you might think otherwise. I found that BW were boring titles until I saw their mascots and the content of the games.

Azure-Supernova
July 2nd, 2010, 01:43 PM
I like the color of Amber, so I think it could be used. Would sound a little weird like black/white/.....Amber but could work.....

In the future GF could start just using names for games like Pokemon Sun/ Moon, Wave/Blaze, Galaxy version.

That better feature the "Play as Team Galactic" story arc...

@World
July 2nd, 2010, 01:46 PM
Pokémon Gray sounds so ... meh
It's not as epic... A metal would be better IMO, I'd go with Chrome...

hever
July 2nd, 2010, 01:59 PM
Some possibilities:

Pokemon Neutral
Pokemon Gray/Grey
Pokemon Invisible
Pokemon Translucent
Pokemon Almost Transparent
Pokemon Blueish Gray that it looks Neutral
Pokemon Blackened White
Pokemon Bleach
Pokemon Char
Pokemon Burnt
Pokemon Explosion
Pokemon Blank

Nintendork15
July 2nd, 2010, 02:03 PM
Grey seems far too obvious. It'll be something random like Maroon... or maybe not even a color.

Heck, there might not even be a third version.

There will be there always is

dante1w
July 2nd, 2010, 03:54 PM
its can maybe......uhmmmm........uhmmmmm.whiteblack.........

2umbreon212
July 2nd, 2010, 06:47 PM
Well, i heard that Nintendo put a trademark on "Pokemon Gray"

I also heard that they also put trademarks on names like "Pokemon Crimson," which I think would never be the name of a Pokemon game

"Pokemon Gray" seems to go with the names now, but Nintendo might change the names due to people's comments, which i hope doesn't happen since i think the names are nice

Japan probably doesn't have these comments, since the names are based of the Japanese noun not the adjective, which have two different ways of spelling it.

But since America has only one way to spell black and white, so of course people are going to make these comments

~Wind~
July 2nd, 2010, 10:59 PM
Im sorry but i think you may be mistaken, they wouldn't be putting trademarks on things this early. :\ And anyway, lots of people came up with the idea that hgss would be "dawn gold" and "dusk silver" and even made up that they put trademarks on it.
Not saying you're doing smething like that, I just dont think you have a reliable source there. :\

Wind

Ravecat
July 2nd, 2010, 11:09 PM
It's not hard to make a trademark. They likely have, and likely own a lot of names.

It's certainly not too early, the third version is at least already in planning.

Myles
July 2nd, 2010, 11:16 PM
Nintendo have trademarks on Brown, Gray, Purple, Crimson (can also be translated as Red), two different Japanese words for Scarlet (both can also be translated as Red) and Opal. They also registered domains for DawnGold and DuskSilver.

They've had all of these for a long time (but they also had Black and White for a long time and they've been used now)

Le Creep!
July 3rd, 2010, 03:23 AM

Well they had better release it soon after Black and White because unfortunately Christmas doesn't last forever.

Arolu
July 3rd, 2010, 03:42 AM
Well, the mascots for Black and White are to do with Ying & Yang, so it seems obvious that the title for the next game will be about combining the two; Grey.
:)

Forever
July 4th, 2010, 07:31 AM
In relation to the names mentioned a few posts back, I was actually thinking about them tonight and by process of elimination, I actually now think the third game name will be Opal.

I think it just relates to the G/S/C pattern in relation to D/P/Pt, which are the game names with opposing names, in other words, it should match up like Gold/Silver/Platinum and Diamond/Pearl/Crystal. Then I look at R/B/Y and R/S/E, which actually match up as per their previous two games. Because of these two patterns, B/W is the 5th, and the odd one out. (Also notice how the matching names pattern were set at the same time). This means Black and White, both colours, should best match up with something that relates less to the other generations. The two it followed - with "neutral" colours, like Diamond/Pearl/Gold/Silver, etc, being...idk lightish, not really on the colour spectrum (Uh, unsure how to describe it), and the fact that these are Black and White, being neutral colours, too... suggests that the third game won't follow the pattern of matching up colours with colours, or gems with gems and instead a colour that contrasts the two, well, combines them. Opal is sort of like a whiteish colour, which can also be seen to be sort of misty, together that could be the combination of Black and White. Due to this, I believe there will be a grey legendary within B/W that people will be all like "omg new game is gray/grey", when they'll overlook the fact that in B/W, the title legendaries were contrasting, not complimentary colours (well, I think that's what I mean at least), but yeah, logically the third game will be named Opal.

Then again, this is just my theory, so yeah.

Nikorasu
July 4th, 2010, 07:40 AM
I dont see why people are putting 'chrome' and 'metalic'

Black and white are bland, chrome and metalic aren't. Which leads to grey being the next game.

MistahDude
July 4th, 2010, 11:30 PM
It will probably be Pokemon Grey, or it could be something with time. It seems like they named the two main games for many reasons:

- Yin and Yang
- The past
- Good and Evil

loucas
July 5th, 2010, 12:10 AM
it's based on yin yang, maybe pokemon zodiac? haha wild guess... stupid much.

MistahDude
July 5th, 2010, 01:30 AM
it's based on yin yang, maybe pokemon zodiac? haha wild guess... stupid much.

Only thing I can think of thats based on any kind of Zodiac is the fire starters.

wert5679
July 5th, 2010, 11:03 AM
I say gray version because the games are being named for good and evil right? the third game can subvert this and show times where you must do evil for the greater good Like say work with the evil team on a to save the legendary or make it so the supposed evil team were being evil to protect the region from termination thus placing the team in a shade of gray on the scale of morality thus the name of the third version would be gray.
Like how Platinum upped the ante on the creepiness Gray could up the ante on Morality in the games instead of the simple good vs evil.

Droidz
July 5th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Like everyone else is thinking i would assume that it's Grey. It fits.

Midnight Bear
July 5th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Grey, while it fits, is bland and I, personally, find it unlikely.

That said, I don't really know what it should be. The only thing I can thing of is color. Unfortunately, Pokemon Chromatic, Pokemon Color and Pokemon Rainbow are stupid names.

yufang
July 5th, 2010, 11:38 PM

If they did that, they'll probably put it on another pokemon version set

Wentworth
July 5th, 2010, 11:45 PM
I see how Gray would fit the spot. Going to a non-generic color would be out of place between the already named games (in my point of view, anyway), and it just appeals to me.

Le Creep!
July 5th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Black + White paint = Grey.

Correct? It's only natural it would be gray. Shoot me if I am incorrect when they decide to announce it... but vampires cannot be shot until they die.

Soldek
July 5th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Personally, I don't think they should add third games anymore. From what I've heard, there's a lot of features in B&W. The third games used to operate off the basis that they had something the other 2 games didn't. But I think it'll end up like HGSS; they won't make a 3rd game because there was nothing really more to add. They'd just be remaking the same thing, with no real improvements.

Then again, there's always that possibility. Time will tell.

Yoshimi
July 6th, 2010, 01:30 AM
Since my previous post was deleted, I'll take the opportunity to ask this;

How do you know there's going to be a third version? Sure, every other generation that had a remake had a third version, but every other generation also had their own handheld systems.

If the third version is being made though(most likely, since Game Freak knows how to milk their audience for every penny), then my money is going on Pokemon Grey/Gray since Pokemon Latino edition seems unlikely.

bossman2
July 9th, 2010, 05:16 PM
i think its going to be grey or rainbow but rainbow would cover the entire spectrum so that most games could not be produced with a name. All of the color names could be already taken!

WarpstarX
July 9th, 2010, 05:49 PM
It's been said before and I'll say again isn't grey just a bit too y'know obvious?

Pokéthan
July 10th, 2010, 08:58 AM
I have a feeling the 3rd title could be a 3DS exclusive, so it could be called Pokemon 3-D, as it being the 3rd game and in 3D??

D3r Schatten
July 10th, 2010, 10:01 AM

tht makes a lot more sense because i sense lawsuits with the whole "it's rascist!" deal, duck and dawn might work but also maybe sun and moon, moon being the darkness and sun well, being the light (duh) lol, who knows it's japanese people it might be pokemon pownage and pokemon ownage for all we know :P but there will be a third game like all the others, there always has been one with the exception of the remakes like fire red leaf green soulsilver and heartgold. but ten again there may always be a remake of crystal.

Jerme
July 10th, 2010, 10:30 AM
if b&w dont have the follow featire, 3rd game will.

tht makes a lot more sense because i sense lawsuits with the whole "it's rascist!" deal, duck and dawn might work but also maybe sun and moon, moon being the darkness and sun well, being the light (duh) lol, who knows it's japanese people it might be pokemon pownage and pokemon ownage for all we know :P but there will be a third game like all the others, there always has been one with the exception of the remakes like fire red leaf green soulsilver and heartgold. but ten again there may always be a remake of crystal.

probably the same soccer moms who got rid of coin slots. they think its gonna turn theyre kids into nazis & panthers

Vulpes bicaudata
July 12th, 2010, 01:04 PM
I want the third version to be called "Re(a)d All Over".

stickdynasty
July 12th, 2010, 01:30 PM
i think the third game will be something yellow.
not a lot of logic behind it but here it is:
Red Blue Green Yellow
Ruby sapphire emerald (nothing)
(same colors, except, you guessed it)
then

Gold Silver Crystal
Diamond Pearl Platinum
(precious stones/metals)

which only leaves yellow. Even though there is no logic you can still hold me to it that the game's name will relate to something yellow. (citrine maybe)

Azure-Supernova
July 12th, 2010, 01:51 PM
In relation to the names mentioned a few posts back, I was actually thinking about them tonight and by process of elimination, I actually now think the third game name will be Opal.

I think it just relates to the G/S/C pattern in relation to D/P/Pt, which are the game names with opposing names, in other words, it should match up like Gold/Silver/Platinum and Diamond/Pearl/Crystal. Then I look at R/B/Y and R/S/E, which actually match up as per their previous two games. Because of these two patterns, B/W is the 5th, and the odd one out. (Also notice how the matching names pattern were set at the same time). This means Black and White, both colours, should best match up with something that relates less to the other generations. The two it followed - with "neutral" colours, like Diamond/Pearl/Gold/Silver, etc, being...idk lightish, not really on the colour spectrum (Uh, unsure how to describe it), and the fact that these are Black and White, being neutral colours, too... suggests that the third game won't follow the pattern of matching up colours with colours, or gems with gems and instead a colour that contrasts the two, well, combines them. Opal is sort of like a whiteish colour, which can also be seen to be sort of misty, together that could be the combination of Black and White. Due to this, I believe there will be a grey legendary within B/W that people will be all like "omg new game is gray/grey", when they'll overlook the fact that in B/W, the title legendaries were contrasting, not complimentary colours (well, I think that's what I mean at least), but yeah, logically the third game will be named Opal.

Then again, this is just my theory, so yeah.

I love how everyone ignored a well thought out, intelligent post with reasoning and an attempt at logic. Instead I just read a stream of "Grey/Gray cause Black + White = Grey/Gray"

I'm all for this, if it is Opal I will personally write a nice Visitors Message explaining that you're great.

I want the third version to be called "Re(a)d All Over".

Sounds like someone's been reading too many Penguin wrappers...

Masterge77
July 12th, 2010, 01:54 PM
For one thing, how will the third version take care of the recently announced version exclusive locations Black City and White Forest? Will it have both or will it have a new location altogether....

July 12th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Grey Park perhaps, a park is similar to a mix of nature and a city...

Bluerang1
July 14th, 2010, 12:18 PM
So Fire [S-HIGHLIGHT]Lights[/S-HIGHLIGHT]. Electricity [S-HIGHLIGHT]Lights[/S-HIGHLIGHT]. What else [S-HIGHLIGHT]Lights[/S-HIGHLIGHT]? Maybe [S-HIGHLIGHT]Light[/S-HIGHLIGHT] itself. So our first [S-HIGHLIGHT]Light[/S-HIGHLIGHT] Type? [S-HIGHLIGHT]Light[/S-HIGHLIGHT]/Dragon? Or perhaps we'll have the opposite, Darkness. A Dark/Dragon third Legendary for the 3rd Game? And since there's no [S-HIGHLIGHT]Light[/S-HIGHLIGHT], or perhaps some, or the whole place will be Dark, maybe Grey? Pokemon Grey. Then again, it's Future and Past. What's in between? Now...

Mortalis
July 14th, 2010, 12:23 PM
For one thing, how will the third version take care of the recently announced version exclusive locations Black City and White Forest? Will it have both or will it have a new location altogether....

What I'm thinking is whatever they do in the Anime / Manga, they'll do in the third installment.

I'm thinking the third game will either be Grey or Chrome.

July 14th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Lot's of people seems to want both Black and White then if they buy Grey/Gray then Gf will make tons of money :P

Weavile05
July 14th, 2010, 06:16 PM
if they do make one it will either be grey or clear, that I'm sure of. I would be surprised if it was anything else.

Kardashian
July 14th, 2010, 09:17 PM
What is WITH this 'if they do make a third game'?! Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum all sold very well. Why would they stop? It makes them money. They like as much money as they can get. Do the math.

When it comes to the third game. Grey is possible. Clear? No. Just no. Copper, chrome and bronze might have a chance too. (And before you say anything about that. Gold, Silver, and Crystal/Diamond, Pearl and Platinum may SOUND right. But, if we were naming these the logical way it would be Gold Silver and Platinum/Diamond Pearl and Crystal. Who ever said B&W will be like RSE and RBY?)

Myles
July 14th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Gold, Silver and Crystal and Diamond, Pearl and Platinum have more in common with each other then Black, White and some arbitrary metal do. If you believe that then you might as well think the next version will be Forest Version.

July 14th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Well all odd versions have the same type of material, Gen 1= Colors Gen 3 = Precious stones Gen 5= Shades?

Itstoppedatumbreon
August 9th, 2010, 02:46 PM
This has been bugging me a bit.
Theyve got black and white but what about the third version if there is 1?
purple?Rainbow?discuss

PlatniumPiano
August 9th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Gray. Really unimaginative, but so are B&W... lol either way I'm excited when they hit US

Itstoppedatumbreon
August 9th, 2010, 02:56 PM
bet US get it b4 uk
thats like auva week wait for me!!!:(

Forever
August 9th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Just merged the two threads on this discussion :)

Surmonter
August 9th, 2010, 03:35 PM
I think it will be Grey. I will laugh if it's not though. I can see them going, "Black..White..guess what's next! LOLNOTGREY! PURPLE!"

:3

Khrysta
August 9th, 2010, 03:58 PM
There is no way for Game freak or Nintendo to add on to these two games and keep the initial meaning.

Black and White are made to be TWO GAMES ONLY. Ying and Yang are only two colors. If anything these will act like Gold and Silver. Two main Legendaries headlining it and if a third game is produced (This one hasn't even been released yet, why are we rushing into the third game already?) then it won't have anything to do with the main series unless it combines the two games like Emerald and Platinum did with some non-discrepant minor Legendary introduced in Black and White.

OR it goes the Yellow and Crystal route and just Copy Pastas part of the main game's mechanics and stays away from Black and White leaving their delicate balance alone. Meaning this will litterally be a third game that can stand on its own and NOT a combination of the two to cheaply reproduce the games in a sad attempt to make it better.

The Second seems more possible because of White Forest and Black City. Two areas that are signature to those games only.

I'm hoping there is no third game, or if there is it has nothing to do with the current story being developed.

Surmonter
August 9th, 2010, 04:05 PM
There is no way for Game freak or Nintendo to add on to these two games and keep the initial meaning.

Black and White are made to be TWO GAMES ONLY. Ying and Yang are only two colors. If anything these will act like Gold and Silver. Two main Legendaries headlining it and if a third game is produced (This one hasn't even been released yet, why are we rushing into the third game already?) then it won't have anything to do with the main series unless it combines the two games like Emerald and Platinum did with some non-discrepant minor Legendary introduced in Black and White.

OR it goes the Yellow and Crystal route and just Copy Pastas part of the main game's mechanics and stays away from Black and White leaving their delicate balance alone. Meaning this will litterally be a third game that can stand on its own and NOT a combination of the two to cheaply reproduce the games in a sad attempt to make it better.

The Second seems more possible because of White Forest and Black City. Two areas that are signature to those games only.

I'm hoping there is no third game, or if there is it has nothing to do with the current story being developed.

That's what people said about Ruby and Sapphire. Oh, and Diamond and Pearl.

Everytime people say that they're wrong. Ever since the first generation, there have been two games released, then awhile later a third installment.

I am bookmarking your name so when it's announced I can say "I told you so! :D"

Itstoppedatumbreon
August 9th, 2010, 04:21 PM
POKEMON ASH
OR RAINBOW........

Khrysta
August 9th, 2010, 04:23 PM
That's what people said about Ruby and Sapphire. Oh, and Diamond and Pearl.

Everytime people say that they're wrong. Ever since the first generation, there have been two games released, then awhile later a third installment.

I am bookmarking your name so when it's announced I can say "I told you so! :D"
Ruby and Sapphire had a Third Legendary that wasn't used but played a pivitol role in the back story. The same in Diamond and Pearl. Those two games were designed to have THREE main legends. Red and Blue were designed with three games, one for each starter. Red, Green, and Blue. Yellow is the fourth in that series and is based after the Anime. Yellow was more of a Fan addition whose story line was different from Red and Blue.

Gold and Silver had two main Legends and that was it. Crystal wasn't related to either of them story wise as it centered around Suicune, a lesser Legendary that seemed to get the luck of the draw in being picked to head line a game.

As said before, Ruby and Sapphire was about Groudon and Kyogre respectively. But THEY have a Third Equal, Rayquaza who ended up getting his own game by combining Ruby and Sapphire's story lines.

Diamond and Pearl ALSO had a third Pokemon that tied into the main set. Diamond had Dialga, Time. Pearl had Palkia, Space. Platinum gave Giratina its time to shine who represents Dimension and worked as a balancer between Time and Space. Platinum was once again a Copy Pasta of the two story lines into one, even though Pearl and Platinum had One single story line to begin with.

Black and White is centered around Reshrim and Zerkom who are Ying and Yang Pokemon. There is only two things in this. IF they make a third, it would have to be outside of these two OR these two together in the same story. Which raises issues with items they have in the individual games, namely White Forest and Black City.

Learning from fact, a third may be immanent. I'm saying that They left no room for a third Legend UNLESS the introduce one before the release of Black and White or show us something afterwards. The two before that hosted three showed all of them together. And they were all shown to be in game.

Unless Vicitini is the Third head liner, our highly expected third game is going to be some lesser Legendary like Suicune with no tie ins between the story or a merger with no main legend.

EDIT: What I want to say: WHY are we discussing a game that won't be out for at least another two years?

nSpire
August 9th, 2010, 04:25 PM
POKEMON RAINBOW.

THE AWESOMEST EXPERIENCE OF YOUR LIFE.

Yeah, that's probably it, have a colorful cover and a seizure like pokemon that's attacks are based on colors making it flash all the time like a midnight rave.

Surmonter
August 9th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I want to know how you think the games aren't meant to have three legends when we know nothing about the legendary storyline of the Isshu region, and we don't even have half the Pokémon revealed yet.

And Zekrom and Reshiram have never been confirmed to represent Yin and Yang. That is just a rumor. So if you're going to use that as an actual point, go to the Rumors Thread.

Khrysta
August 9th, 2010, 04:38 PM
I want to know how you think the games aren't meant to have three legends when we know nothing about the legendary storyline of the Isshu region, and we don't even have half the Pokémon revealed yet.

And Zekrom and Reshiram have never been confirmed to represent Yin and Yang. That is just a rumor. So if you're going to use that as an actual point, go to the Rumors Thread.

All Sources refer to them as Black Yin and White Yang Pokemon. They've been known as that since their release as far as I remember. There hasn't been an update on these two since their Abilities were revealed, but their Pokemon Species has been the same since they were released. If these weren't confirmed all the sources wouldn't have them known as Black Yin and White Yang.

Surmonter
August 9th, 2010, 05:23 PM
I completely forgot about that. XD Sorry!

Here is an explanaiton of Yin and Yang:

The Yin/Yang symbol is one of the oldest and best-known life symbols in the world, but few understand its full meaning. It represents one of the most fundamental and profound theories of ancient Taoist philosophy. At its heart are the two poles of existence, which are opposite but complementary. The light, white Yang moving up blends into the dark, black Yin moving down. Yin and Yang are dependent opposing forces that flow in a natural cycle, always seeking balance. Though they are opposing, they are not in opposition to one another. As part of the Tao, they are merely two aspects of a single reality. Each contains the seed of the other, which is why we see a black spot of Yin in the white Yang and vice versa. They do not merely replace each other but actually become each other through the constant flow of the universe.

Maybe the third legendary will be that "Tao".

Zorua
August 9th, 2010, 10:00 PM
The Yin/Yang Theory. Complex yet understand to a point for philosophical people. I wonder how they're going to implement this into the third game though? I guess it could be something like D/P/P with Time and Space, with Giratina being the balance between those two I guess? So acknowledging this, it would make sense of the third legendary was the "Tao" that kept the balance between things(if I'm interpreting the Ying/Yang theory correctly).

austy14
August 9th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Maybe they'll name it something to do with wishes, like the anime is called "best wishes." Or maybe it could some other 2-word thing with the letters B and W, like... Big Wieners. Sorry for the horrible example, its the first thing I thought of thatat least made a little sense. What about Pokemon: Badly Washed? No? There's also calling it Plasma version.

vibratingcat
August 9th, 2010, 10:27 PM
The Yin/Yang Theory. Complex yet understand to a point for philosophical people. I wonder how they're going to implement this into the third game though? I guess it could be something like D/P/P with Time and Space, with Giratina being the balance between those two I guess? So acknowledging this, it would make sense of the third legendary was the "Tao" that kept the balance between things(if I'm interpreting the Ying/Yang theory correctly).
i'm really hope they don't put in a third legendary for balance because
a. we've basically have had it twice now. rayquaza for rse, giratina for dppt. bw is meant to be a reboot to the pokemon series, they shouldn't go back to the same formula.
b. yin and yang are the balance, meaning that reshiram and zekrom are the balance. we don't need another pokemon to make it even more balanced or join them together. it seems rather pointless.

austy14
August 9th, 2010, 10:46 PM
i'm really hope they don't put in a third legendary for balance because
a. we've basically have had it twice now. rayquaza for rse, giratina for dppt. bw is meant to be a reboot to the pokemon series, they shouldn't go back to the same formula.
b. yin and yang are the balance, meaning that reshiram and zekrom are the balance. we don't need another pokemon to make it even more balanced or join them together. it seems rather pointless.

You're right. I hope they do like G/S/C where the third one is just a symbolic Pokemon of the region becuase there are only 2 main legendaries.

Recontra1234
August 9th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Surprised noone thought about the third installment mascot being a pokemon that breaks the balance. One that completely opposses balance and brings chaos lol.

coolnick37
August 9th, 2010, 11:36 PM
well yin-yang represents chaos and cosmos

*Minun*
August 10th, 2010, 01:21 AM
I think there is no way they would make pokemon gray/grey because it sounds boring and would be extra work to translate it for both US and PAL separately.

They would make it something good, I'm sure. They have a whole team of Japanese-expert-people to think of it.

If they do make a third version, I want them to bring back walking with your Pokemon because I'm going to miss that :(

coolnick37
August 10th, 2010, 02:01 AM
yeah grey sounds dumb, I have a feeling it is not gonna be a color at all, probably something universal, possibly connected to yin-yang (actually black and white are not even considered colors)

King Gumball
August 10th, 2010, 02:18 AM
We will never know what the third game is until al the legendaries are released. If there is a grey legend then Grey version is a likely possibility. If there is no grey legend then I highly doubt that is what the next game will be called.

Wolffang292
August 10th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Of the two spellings I believe it would be Gray. It seems hardier than Grey.

Cynder The Bloody Angel
August 10th, 2010, 06:17 AM
i guess it will be

-balance
-grey
or
-life

^^

Charizard★
August 10th, 2010, 07:16 AM
I think the new version would be called Gray/Grey. Hopefully its Grey ;D

August 10th, 2010, 07:23 AM
I'm thinking it's Grey, it will follow the pattern of RBY and RSE, which didn't have an "odd one" (though I don't see them as that random compared to the first two versions) among them :)
RBY- Colors
RSE- Precious gems with the colors of RBG
BWG- Shades

Khrysta
August 10th, 2010, 08:22 AM
I'm thinking it's Grey, it will follow the pattern of RBY and RSE, which didn't have an "odd one" (though I don't see them as that random compared to the first two versions) among them :)
RBY- Colors
RSE- Precious gems with the colors of RBG
BWG- Shades

What do you mean, "Didn't have an Odd one"?

You also forgot D/P/Pt and G/S/C.

Surmonter
August 10th, 2010, 08:24 AM
They might just pull a 2nd generation on us, and make the third game about a legendary that has nothing to do with the two main ones.

Khrysta
August 10th, 2010, 10:53 AM
They might just pull a 2nd generation on us, and make the third game about a legendary that has nothing to do with the two main ones.

Tis what I hope for, if not something like Yellow.

§acred†Beo!
August 10th, 2010, 11:51 AM

I would love that, and I feel that is exactly the route they should go with the third game of the 5th gen.

Astinus
August 10th, 2010, 01:17 PM
What do you mean, "Didn't have an Odd one"?

You also forgot D/P/Pt and G/S/C.
He meant that "Crystal" really doesn't fit with "Gold" and "Silver". That "Platinum" doesn't fit with "Diamond" or "Pearl". That's why he didn't list those, because they don't follow an obvious naming pattern, like R/B/Y and R/S/E did.

make the third game about a legendary that has nothing to do with the two main ones.
That would actually be nice.

smellybellysrock
August 10th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Gray.

No doubts. Its too obvious.

Although i would love it if they made it

"Pokemon HOTPINK! The sequel to Black and White! Get it now all you manlymen!"

austy14
August 11th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Gray.

No doubts. Its too obvious.

Although i would love it if they made it

"Pokemon HOTPINK! The sequel to Black and White! Get it now all you manlymen!"

That's the exact problem--it is too obvious. Why would they name it something so dull and predictable? It's Pokemon! It's supposed to be exciting. I think they may even make just 2 main legendaries, like Gen2. Then make the 3rd one something else. I'm tired of the whole 3 legendaries/create balance thing.

dragon0fangz
August 11th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Pokemon Awesome.
Nuff said.
Nahh, i think it will be Spectrum.

Forever
August 12th, 2010, 06:39 AM
That's the exact problem--it is too obvious. Why would they name it something so dull and predictable? It's Pokemon! It's supposed to be exciting. I think they may even make just 2 main legendaries, like Gen2. Then make the 3rd one something else. I'm tired of the whole 3 legendaries/create balance thing.

Hmm, I don't think that part of gen 2 worked that well - to me it felt like something was missing. Personally and sadly, I think both the names and legendaries will be...predictable. D:

austy14
August 12th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Hmm, I don't think that part of gen 2 worked that well - to me it felt like something was missing. Personally and sadly, I think both the names and legendaries will be...predictable. D:

Well at the same time, what could have been missing then? There was no 3-legendary precednt, so 2 legendaries was quite a step up. And they probably will be predictable as far as the mascot ass soon as B/W come out, but them being the only legendaries known (with the exception of event only victini) so we can't guess it's automatically gray/grey without seeing if there's a 3rd, and what it is. Though the title may surprise us, I was surprised by Platinum's name.

psychicboy
August 12th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Thats Nintendo for you.. Constantly leeching money off the Pokemon franchise by relaseing a version everyone and thier mother is going to buy despite already having both Black and White :/

miley810
August 12th, 2010, 08:48 PM
I'm using grey,I think grey would be fitting

Forever
August 12th, 2010, 11:50 PM
Well at the same time, what could have been missing then? There was no 3-legendary precednt, so 2 legendaries was quite a step up. And they probably will be predictable as far as the mascot ass soon as B/W come out, but them being the only legendaries known (with the exception of event only victini) so we can't guess it's automatically gray/grey without seeing if there's a 3rd, and what it is. Though the title may surprise us, I was surprised by Platinum's name.

Oh, well I'm not all for the Grey idea - I'm really hoping it's Opal, but I guess I'm trying not to set my hopes too high. :(

Naikado
August 13th, 2010, 02:09 AM
We will never know what the third game is until al the legendaries are released. If there is a grey legend then Grey version is a likely possibility. If there is no grey legend then I highly doubt that is what the next game will be called.

IF the third installment has a legendary mascot. However, being that the first two did, it's extremely likely it will, but we don't know what they could pull on us.

knook
August 13th, 2010, 05:52 AM
But I thought that White and Black were set in different times? With the buildings being over-grown by nature in White and buildings and industry being the main power in Black?

coolnick37
August 13th, 2010, 07:03 AM
why not kaleidoscope, sounds kewl and it kinda fits in black and white too
kaleidoscope, kaleidoscope, kaleidoscope, kaleidoscope, kaleidoscope :D (though it is kinda too long i guess)

MUSASHI.1
August 13th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Hmm firstly it seems strage that they wouldnt go Ebony/Ivory based on them not just taking colours names for a while...

And secondly shouldnt we be thinking about a possible crystal remake to link in with HG/SS maybe Mind Crystal?

lastly, how exactly does keleidoscope fit with black and white?

Forever
August 13th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Well, Crystal won't be getting a remake, actually :x Since Yellow didn't...

Kaleidoscope, I don't see the connection, but okay... XD;

knook
August 13th, 2010, 08:05 AM
'Pokémon: Spectrum' would be a good name, I think...

Ice Arceus
August 13th, 2010, 08:38 AM
I am guessing the third version of the 5th generation series will deal with something close to either white/black. I am guessing "Pokemon Version Gray." The name might sound blend a bit and kinda plain, but I am thinking this what the name of the 'third' game will be.

littledoug1
August 13th, 2010, 09:48 AM
I think it will be grey but they still have to do a third one for HG and SS what will THAT be I wonder.

coolnick37
August 13th, 2010, 12:40 PM
well its like a spectrum of all colors so there would be balck on one side, absence of colors and white on the other side, all colors mixed, and in the middle it is the kaleidoscope all colors, idk sounded cool to meh :D

I think it will be grey but they still have to do a third one for HG and SS what will THAT be I wonder.

there probably aint gonna be a third one to hg/ss they didnt make one with fr/lg

austy14
August 13th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Or they could use a name to do with Crystal for the third B/W, just for fun. Like... Aura Crystal. Set in Ishuu. And magically there's a random suicune XD

elitetrainer
August 13th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Gray and I think that they will put it on the 3ds

Forever
August 14th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Or they could use a name to do with Crystal for the third B/W, just for fun. Like... Aura Crystal. Set in Ishuu. And magically there's a random suicune XD

Naaaah, I can pretty much say that in itself is impossible. XD;

However the legendary dogs do play a part so...

Echidna
August 23rd, 2010, 04:35 AM
Well when ruby and sapphire were released, it didn't take long to remake red and blue and after the remakes, emerald was released. but when diamond and pearl were released it took 2 years for the pokemon company to release the third game in the 4th generation, and thats why the third game was released prior to the release of the gold and silver remakes. but in this generation, it seams as if the remakes of ruby and sapphire are absolutely gonna be released before the third version or at least are going to be released at any time because the pokemon company isn't gonna break their sequence now. so its too early to be guessing the name of the third game. but anyways, it has always been related to the titles of the two previous games like red/blue-> yellow gold/silver-> crystal ......and so on so it is most likely to be named gray version or at least something related to gray seeing that gray version isn't that much of an exciting name or it could also be given a name made of two words one of which is gray like in heartgold and soulsilver. it is true that these are remakes but the game we are discussing is the third game in the 5th generation more commonly referred to as the special edition which probably won't get a remake in the 6th generation, if there ever is a 6th generation, so giving the game a duo name now wont affect giving it a name in the remake. mindblowing huh. i have a serious headake now. anyways it will most likely be named one of these names :
gray verion
iron version
metal verion
titanium version
dull gray version
lust gray version
sparkly gray version
smooth gray version ....... and so on.

I just thought of this but i think it could most likely be named

Mercury Version

HUH !!!
That is the most reasonable name.

I just thought of this but i think it could most likely be named

Mercury Version

HUH !!!
That is the most reasonable name.

OR
Mercury Gray Version
A duo name also containing the word mercury. Well at least thats what it think.

Inkpuddle
August 23rd, 2010, 04:40 AM
RAINBOW/SPECTRUM.
You know this is true, don't try to deny it.

austy14
August 23rd, 2010, 05:58 PM
RAINBOW/SPECTRUM.
You know this is true, don't try to deny it.

I always thought of Rainbow to be a game with all 4 (though now 5) regions in it, which I still hope can be seen in the future. But I really hope the third one is more original than GRAY. How dull. Maybe there won't be a third game? Hope there is though. Maybe it could be... ORANGE version. Cus Victini is ORANGE! :D

ThatKidMike
August 23rd, 2010, 06:01 PM
Pokemon Obama

Haha, lame joke/10

austy14
August 23rd, 2010, 06:11 PM
Pokemon Obama

Haha, lame joke/10

Yeah, pretty lame :D But not as hilarious as your location. So what you're in Hannah Montana? But Obama's black, they already have that... lol JK.

I must say, one of my worst posts as far as offensiveness... sorry.

ThatKidMike
August 23rd, 2010, 07:20 PM
Yeah, pretty lame :D But not as hilarious as your location. So what you're in Hannah Montana? But Obama's black, they already have that... lol JK.

I must say, one of my worst posts as far as offensiveness... sorry.

In...Hanna Montana? I might have to change that. Huh.

Obama is black and white man, thats the joke.

Tyxomm
August 23rd, 2010, 07:22 PM
Here's a little something I made:
http://a.imageshack.us/img230/1214/kaleidimm.png
Fakemon third legendary Art - PokemonBlackWhite.net

Third game: Pokemon Spectrum
Third Legendary: Kaleidimm
(Kalei - Kaleidoscope)
(dimm - DIMM: Dual Inline Memory Module Installation)

orange discontent
August 23rd, 2010, 07:24 PM

Except that they never do third versions of remakes... :/

Pokemon Grey is lame and predictable. We better have Pokemon Maroon or something.

Forever
August 23rd, 2010, 07:24 PM
ThatKidMike and austy14, can you please get back on the topic of possible third game names without sounding somewhat offensive, thanks.

@ above: Or Opal <3

blaQk
August 23rd, 2010, 07:47 PM
I'm not entirely sure why this is even being discussed. It's going to be gray. Why else would they file for the copyright at the same time they filed for black and white?

Edit: INB4 "lololol to stop other companies from making a gray version."

Echidna
August 24th, 2010, 04:50 AM
Except that they never do third versions of remakes... :/

Pokemon Grey is lame and predictable. We better have Pokemon Maroon or something.

gray version is a lame and weak name. it might be brown version. i mean gray is in between black and white. well check the other generations. when has the third game been named something between the names of the other two. yellow isn't between red and blue. crystal isn't in between gold and silver. the names of the third games in all previous generations has always been simply a name in the same catagorie as the other 2 name. (catagories: color, gem, precious stone, metallic alloid.....) so in this case it could simply have the name of any color, maybe brown or some color no one's heard of. and like i said earlier. if they're determined to name it gray, which is a lame name, they could simply use names close to gray like:
mercury
iron
... any name of a gray or silver metal or an adjective and then add the word gray in the title, making it a duo name like heartgold, soulsilver....

GOD my head hurts !!!!!!! I hate when i start thinking like this.

TheNewRocketMovement
August 24th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Pokemon Twilight Version

- Runs and hides from the knives people have thrown at me -

I'm suggesting this because the definition of Twilight is:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Twilight is the time between dawn and sunrise, and between sunset and dusk. Sunlight scattered in the upper atmosphere illuminates the lower atmosphere, and the surface of the Earth is neither completely lit nor completely dark.

Basically, Twilight is the time inbetween night and day, and Black and White always make me think of night and day, however, this won't happen (and if it did it would be terrible) because of the movie craze.

TWILIGHT SUCKS!

With Twilight version out of the picture, realisticly I think it will be Spectrum version. I just hope its not Grey, I think Nintendo shot themselves in the foot by naming the first gen 5 games black and white, because for the third version they should probably name it after a colour/shade for continuity, which leaves Grey/Gray as the best choice, but that is far too predictable and in my opinion a bit too boring, not to mention theres two different spellings of it.

Seeing as Black and White are complete opposites, I'd like to see
Pokemon Fusion/Hybrid Version

austy14
August 24th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Pokemon Twilight Version

- Runs and hides from the knives people have thrown at me -

I'm suggesting this because the definition of Twilight is:

Basically, Twilight is the time inbetween night and day, and Black and White always make me think of night and day, however, this won't happen (and if it did it would be terrible) because of the movie craze.

TWILIGHT SUCKS!

With Twilight version out of the picture, realisticly I think it will be Spectrum version. I just hope its not Grey, I think Nintendo shot themselves in the foot by naming the first gen 5 games black and white, because for the third version they should probably name it after a colour/shade for continuity, which leaves Grey/Gray as the best choice, but that is far too predictable and in my opinion a bit too boring, not to mention theres two different spellings of it.

Seeing as Black and White are complete opposites, I'd like to see
Pokemon Fusion/Hybrid Version

Twilight? I see your connection, but with the vampire twilight I don;t see that going over well. What about dusk? That's like twilight.

Pokemon Trainer Kevin
August 24th, 2010, 03:37 PM
People there will be not HG/SS remake,
1. There is no need because HG/SS have Crystal features (unless you want B/W graphics and Pokemon)
2. Remakes don't have 3rd versions (or Remakes don't have remakes lol)

Third Game? Hm.. Maybe Grey?
Actually I'd prefer something cooler like Pokemon Rainbow

adhdguitar
August 24th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Pokemon Puerto Rican?

Sorry, bad joke. My money's on Gray.