PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Disappointments with the 5th Gen Thus Far?

MistahDude
May 18th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Even though there are crazy new things they are introducing, there are some things I dislike.

I dislike that they kept the battle backgrounds bland. I was hoping for more than just a bunch of colors in a smudged line again. They have done that for many of the past games.

So far that is my only problem, but I am assuming all of you people out there dislike different things than me.

Tell me what you dislike, and why.

The Jewel of Life
May 18th, 2010, 08:46 PM
My disappointment is that in all of the screenshots there was no pokemon walking around behind the trainer. What gives? I liked having my pokmeon with me in Heartgold and Soulsilver. \./

Redrup
May 18th, 2010, 09:12 PM
My disappointment is that in all of the screenshots there was no pokemon walking around behind the trainer. What gives? I liked having my pokmeon with me in Heartgold and Soulsilver. \./

Yeah, I'd be quite surprised if they scrapped that concept, especially since it was added into HG/SS despite not featuring in the original G/S/C series.

It made me think that perhaps this was the approach they would be taking in all future versions of the game. Maybe they are planning to add the feature later on, as it's still early in the development stage yet.

>Feelings<
May 18th, 2010, 10:03 PM
I have small disappointments over it. Not much. But those small do add up for being a bit big.
For example, I think Pokabu could be designed much better.

Sora
May 18th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Unless it's just the screenshot's quality, the battle system looks cool, but then again it looks a bit pixely as well. I don't like the starters' sprites either; I like the bigger sprites of Gen IV, why are they shrinking 'em again? Could just be the screenshot and it's quantity though. :x

Other than that, I'm finding Black and White to be better than I thought it was going to be... so far.

Safetyfirst
May 18th, 2010, 10:12 PM
In the pictures that have come out about the pokemon center in the big skyscraper, I dont like that. I think it looks stupid, and I like the old alternative where its not in a city, and it actually has the feel of an adventure

loliwin
May 19th, 2010, 12:00 AM
I knew Nica would complain

Disappointments so far? I'd just fix the gauge meter a little. :)

Other than that, B/W is looking FANTASTIC so far. :D

R3D
May 19th, 2010, 12:02 AM
How could you have disappointments with a game that's not even out yet, I don't even know..

Thunderpunch
May 19th, 2010, 12:14 AM
How could you have disappointments with a game that's not even out yet, I don't even know..

You're posting in a black and white forums, and you expect people not to have opinions on black and white?

I'm disappointed in the starters, the 3D-ness, and the fact that they seem to be doing the same old "new region, new pokemon" things. I think we have enough pokemon

Zeph.
May 19th, 2010, 03:21 AM
What's wrong with you people? :P Why are you being so negative about these games that - as R3D stated - are still half a year away? I for one can't wait for Black and White because it's something different, yet familiar at the same time.

Mind you, it looks like they kept the same battle animations (the actual attacks like Leaf Storm etc)

A Pixy
May 19th, 2010, 03:38 AM
None yet. Or at least, nothing I really cared about that much.

Guy
May 19th, 2010, 11:00 AM
I'm disappointed in the starters, the 3D-ness, and the fact that they seem to be doing the same old "new region, new pokemon" things. I think we have enough pokemon
I don't get what you mean by them doing the same old "new region, new Pokémon" thing, but if they didn't then every new game they made would pretty much be a different alliteration from the original. So instead of getting something new, we really would be getting back something old, except changed around a bit. Having said that, I don't see that to be something to complain about considering it's to be expected.

None yet. Or at least, nothing I really cared about that much.
This is basically how I feel. I don't see anything to complain about as yet, and honestly I doubt I would have much to complain about by the finishing product either. :\

.EJ
May 19th, 2010, 11:05 AM
As Hiiro says, I really haven't found anything to complain about. It all seems pretty good right now.

In the pictures that have come out about the pokemon center in the big skyscraper, I dont like that. I think it looks stupid, and I like the old alternative where its not in a city, and it actually has the feel of an adventure

I disagree; exploring a gigantic city seems like an adventure to me....and there are other cities that have yet to be revealed.

PiPVoda
May 19th, 2010, 11:19 AM
No complaints whatsoever. I liked having my pokemon behind me too, but if it's not in the game so-be-it. I see it as a small trade for huge ones: animated pkmn in battles, 3D!!, older protagonists, etc.

-Jake
May 19th, 2010, 11:28 AM
The sprites for the main characters looked sucky. >.> They need to let you CUSTOMIZE your character for once. Also the graphics looked very crummy. I heard someone on a different forum say they reminded him of early PS2 3D games.

Esper
May 19th, 2010, 11:40 AM
3D.

Go back to 2D, plz.
I sort of agree. It's not something I'm disappointed in since I haven't really seen it in action, but I don't know why they went 3D other than that they could. I don't see what it brings to the games. The 2.5D we had in recent games is enough to give me the taste of 3D.

Rokusasu
May 19th, 2010, 11:51 AM
The sprites for the main characters looked sucky. >.> They need to let you CUSTOMIZE your character for once. Also the graphics looked very crummy. I heard someone on a different forum say they reminded him of early PS2 3D games.

I agree with this... I love the new female character's design, but her sprite isn't so awesome. >: Customisation would be awesome- we saw our characters in HG/SS play around as a Rocket for a little while; surely they could give a few alternate outfits for the trainers at the start of the games?

Kon~
May 19th, 2010, 12:19 PM
I, too, am annoyed at the 3D-ness. Pokémon was one of the few 2D games I enjoyed playing, and now it's been upgraded, and not necessarily improved.

Also, the protagonist sprites were dissapointingly generic.

Thorns
May 19th, 2010, 12:23 PM

Totally agree with you. It will be ehart breaking (at least to me) if they take out a feature that actually let you bond with your lead Pokemon. It also personified the Pokemon too, to make it less like a fighter, and more like a friend.

This feature is so important, that if Black/White doesn't have it, it may make me not buy it.

Tyrantrum
May 19th, 2010, 12:26 PM
I can only complain about the Pokémon following you feature being left out. I like that feature in HG/SS, it's too bad it's not in B/W as far as we know. Hopefully they might do something about that...

Aureol
May 19th, 2010, 12:27 PM
I'm extremely disappointed with the starters. I didn't like Gen. 4's design overall, but with Zorua and Zoroark I got my hopes up again. The grass starter is fine, but the other two don't look promising (ESPECIALLY the otter).

Kon~
May 19th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Totally agree with you. It will be ehart breaking (at least to me) if they take out a feature that actually let you bond with your lead Pokemon. It also personified the Pokemon too, to make it less like a fighter, and more like a friend.

This feature is so important, that if Black/White doesn't have it, it may make me not buy it.

Something you have to think about there is that they have to make walking sprites for every single Pokémon there is, which would take a while to sprite and program, and they also wouldn't want to accidentally reveal Pokémon in early videos. My money is on the idea that there will be Walking Pokémon. We just haven't seen them yet.

.EJ
May 19th, 2010, 12:39 PM
I'm extremely disappointed with the starters. I didn't like Gen. 4's design overall, but with Zorua and Zoroark I got my hopes up again. The grass starter is fine, but the other two don't look promising (ESPECIALLY the otter).

They grow on you bro. I felt the same way when I first saw them but I guess I got used to them and now I can tolerate them.

JP
May 19th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Only disappointed thus far in how pixelated the back sprites are in battle. I can see that annoying me quite a bit. Hopefully this will either look better on a DS screen that's in front of my hands, or they do a better job with the actual pixel work.

I think everything else so far looks fantastic though.

vietazn654
May 19th, 2010, 02:09 PM
That they don't have the Follow-me Feature :( loved that

Norisom
May 19th, 2010, 02:14 PM
I think the games look pretty good but I still can't get over how there are no Pokemon following the main character in the screenshots and gameplay :(

juanhbk1
May 19th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I'm disappointed in the starters, the 3D-ness, and the fact that they seem
to be doing the same old "new region, new pokemon" things. I think we have enough pokemon

Oh yea, all in favour of a remake of Kanto!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or maybe Sinnoh....

These are good ideas!!!!!!

And also revert back to 2D and the starters should be Torchic, Squirtle and Chikorita

(Sarcasm)

X75flames
May 19th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Snow ball head, fire pig? Its come down to this... -_-

Toshiro.
May 19th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Nothing bothers me about this upcoming generation, except how the screen shots we have seen so far don't feature the Follow Me feature as in HGSS. I really hope that comes back, even if its optional.

Chaos Rush
May 19th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Only disappointment so far is that it's on the DS, because by now, the DS has pretty much reached the end of it's life-span. I'll be fine with it if they do it like Generation II, where Gold/Silver is designed for GBC, but can be played on GB, while Crystal is GBC only. Maybe they'll do something like have Black & White designed for DSi/3DS, while it can be played on DS, and then have later versions (remakes/3rd version) be DSi/3DS only.

I guess it doesn't really matter, since I won't be getting Black & White. I see no point, since the 3rd version is going to be much better. I NEVER play my Diamond version anymore, and I feel like it was a waste of $35 bucks because of Platinum. Platinum far exceeds D/P, and so with the 3rd version to Black & White.

pokemongarnet
May 19th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Mijamaru...... he is the worst water starter period>.

lbirrueta
May 19th, 2010, 03:58 PM

The didn't show the pokemon walking because the did not want to reveal the new pokemon. it seem pretty obvious...

countryemo
May 19th, 2010, 04:02 PM
I have no complaints im pretty happy.
If follow-you was in there it should be optional i never liked it much ^.^

MistahDude
May 19th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Snow ball head, fire pig? Its come down to this... -_-

Mijumaru has a white head because its a sea otter.

Waki Tobaye
May 19th, 2010, 05:58 PM
I hope we don't get a bunch of new evos this time. I do hope we get a bunch of new evos this time. But useful ones *coughcoughDusknoircoughcoughRhypheriorcoughcough*

Oh, I hate pixelated sprites. I will also be pretty frustrated if they remove the Partner Pokémon. C'mon, they made 493 sprites, why don't make just 150 (aproximately) new?

Missingno.7-4468
May 19th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Only thing I am disappointed in is the color of the Water starter. I love the design, bu the color is just...ugh...

Waki Tobaye
May 19th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Only thing I am disappointed in is the color of the Water starter. I love the design, bu the color is just...ugh...

I agree; I actually expected it to be the best of the starters when the shadows were leaked but... It turned being the worst one.
And... why is it white? Why white? I thought it was an otter, not a snowman D:

adhdguitar
May 19th, 2010, 06:28 PM
I know I'm just repeating what was already said, but I am very disappointed in the lack of Pokemon following you.

MistahDude
May 19th, 2010, 06:40 PM
I know I'm just repeating what was already said, but I am very disappointed in the lack of Pokemon following you.

you can most likely turn it off, or it looked weird with the 3D

Ashe~
May 19th, 2010, 06:56 PM
I dont like the way the new pokemon look and the 3D :|

jbs829
May 19th, 2010, 07:34 PM
im not that impressed overall with the starters, i just hope their evolutions are cooler. i love the new battle system, i was speechless when i first saw the clip, made me want to play now.

Kirbychu
May 19th, 2010, 07:46 PM
This. I'm still not giving up hope though.

Lightning Sage™
May 19th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Something you have to think about there is that they have to make walking sprites for every single Pokémon there is, which would take a while to sprite and program, and they also wouldn't want to accidentally reveal Pokémon in early videos. My money is on the idea that there will be Walking Pokémon. We just haven't seen them yet.

This quote somes it up. So stop complaining about this k?

I realy don't have any dissapointments (yet) I mean the game has yet to even be fully revealed who knows whats in store

vibratingcat
May 20th, 2010, 01:17 AM
This quote somes it up. So stop complaining about this k?

I realy don't have any dissapointments (yet) I mean the game has yet to even be fully revealed who knows whats in store
... i feel like i've repeated myself a bit too many. but anyway... they probs wont put the walking feature in, as its a ds. it cant take everything. u cant keep on stuffing stuff into it. with the adition of new graphics, more sprites for battle as they are moving now, there aint any room for the walking feature, especially when their is going to be more pokemon and the graphics have changed.
my complaint is that i felt they rushed this generation. i mean in the year they first released the new pokemon, they have the games? its cool but i wished they waited a bit longer so that it could come out on the next gen handheld. as somebody said earlier, the ds is coming to its end of its life-span.

Swift!
May 20th, 2010, 08:42 AM
I don't think there is anything wrong with the 5th Gen so far. All the screenies have shown nothing but improvement since past games. I for one love the currently revealed Pokemon, the more in depth 3D, the two protagonists, the fact that Pokemon aren't static during battles and the battles in general. I believe that Black and White are going to be just as big milestones in the Pokemon franchise as any other game has been so far.

Eurydice
May 20th, 2010, 08:51 AM
i really only have one complaint because i havent really seen enough of the games to know what i like and dont like. the only thing i dont like from the few screenshots we have got is that there are no pokemon following you. i have waited since yellow and they finally bring it back and now it looks like its gone again :( oh well the rest of the game looks amazing.

Haza
May 20th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Thus far, the only disappointment I have is that a Pokemon has not been shown following the trainer, even though it is not 100% confirmed... the feature made the games feel less lonely and more personal.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
May 20th, 2010, 01:14 PM
I don't like the look of the water or fire starter, but that's about it. Their evolutions will probably be better anyways :)

Bluerang1
May 20th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Follow Me feature not being confirmed yet. Though, I'll understand if they don't have it. Besides that, Mijuramu. Seriously T__T

Kingler5
May 20th, 2010, 04:11 PM
honestly, i just hope they don't make any annoying ones like that Piplup.

that martyr is a bad nuisance to children and should be thrown in prison for being created!

*Let's Cross our claws and hope for the best.*

livelyhans
May 20th, 2010, 05:24 PM
i'm really bad-surprised... with the next 5th gen...appeared... they didn't make us satisfied...with this generation...i'm disappointed especially with the da back sprites in battle..... and the all the starters...... u know what.. when Zoroa and Zoroark published.. i really love it...i think the starters will be perfect as Zoroark...but i hate instead of happy...that's the negative point.. and about the positive point.. hmm.. i like when the character walkin' around the city.... i watch it via youtube.. it's cool.. okay.. i thnk overall is 60.....

15ares
May 20th, 2010, 06:44 PM
whats up with the pokemon designs? they look like they were designed by six year olds, like many pokemon from gen 4 (bidoof XD). i like zoroarks design, the 3d, and a new region to explore. i also like the feeling of anticipation for these games coming up =D

shookie
May 20th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Man, so much hatin' on the starters. :( I actually think they're all pretty cute.

I'm not going to pass judgment on a game that's barely been released, and I highly doubt there's a lot they could do that would make me go "This is a terrible terrible premise" short of, uh, getting rid of the whole...Pokémon part of Pokémon.
Whether or not they implement the Follow Me feature isn't exactly game-breaking imo. Sure, it's cute, but it's not like it added a whole new aspect to the game that made it so much more interesting.

Safetyfirst
May 20th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Yeah, I like the starters too! :) But the water one looks like Piplup :P

0m3GA ARS3NAL
May 21st, 2010, 01:28 AM
I am terribly disappointed in 2 of 3 of the starter sprites.
I like the grass one, unbearably cute IMO.

Though I'll get over it like I got over the look of Turtwig, Prinplup and *shutters* ugh... Carnivine...

Though I would only truly be disappointed in this game if the main points of the game were LARGE CITIES.

I like forests and routes and mountains and quiet villages as much as teh next person.
AS WELL as I absolutely love cityscapes, but if it's all cities, no... middle of nowhere scenarios... I'll be sad.

Danikamakaze
May 21st, 2010, 01:47 AM
IMO Pokabu and Mijumaru are retarded.
I know who I'll be starting out with >.<;;

Maybe their final evolution will make me think again about how silly their designs are.

But that's just my opinion, not hating on others people love for the otter with a flacid penis on it's tummy Mijumaru and Pokabu.

0m3GA ARS3NAL
May 21st, 2010, 01:55 AM
the otter with a flacid penis on it's tummy

We have kids on this site thank you very much.
Though me quoting it in big red letters probably doesn't help that much...

I thought of another thing that would be disappointing...
Guys...

guys

Guys.

Guys listen.

I have the worst ide

guys listen

I have the worst idea ever

guys
What if they'll put WINGS

guys

wings

What if they'll put WINGS
guys listen here

What if they'll put WINGS... on their BACK legs.

Can you imagine it, a flying type with wings on the back legs...
Imagine a reverse Gligar...
*shutters*

Arma
May 21st, 2010, 02:02 AM
I don't really got complaints but I don't like the way they've merged the pokecenter in a huge skyscraper, It kinda looks lame and unrealistic.

0m3GA ARS3NAL
May 21st, 2010, 02:13 AM
I don't really got complaints but I don't like the way they've merged the pokecenter in a huge skyscraper, It kinda looks lame and unrealistic.

What about the Pokemon Center's in real life?
They look totally out of place and unrealistic, but hey, they are noticeable and easy to spot from a distance, making it easy to heal up before a battle.

(That and in real cities, you'll see restaurants and stores on the bottom floors of huge skyscrapers, they look totally out of place and unrealistic, but that's real life...)

I guess that is what pokemon is doing now though... trying to be more realistic...
They've even started trying to appeal to an older crowd, by making the protagonists look like teens.

WHERE IS THE ACNE, I WANNA SEE SOME ACNE ON THOSE TEENYBOPPERS!!!

In any case, Pokemon seems to be on a downhill slope, but who knows, maybe in a year and a half when this game hits the US I'll be one of those crazed fans willing to break into a gamestop just to steal a copy before release...
>__>
<__<

TheNewRocketMovement
May 21st, 2010, 02:32 AM
I can't stand any of the starters.

They're probably gonna make far too many legends again. (I think there are now over 30 legendaries, they might come close to doubling that number in Gen 5)

Surely they could have called them something better than Black and White, I think Ebony and Ivory would be nicer choices.

Why... WHY IS THERE A POKEMON CENTRE ON THE BOTTOM FLOOR OF A HUGE SKYSCRAPER? Have somewhere to heal your Pokemon inside if neccecary, but they didn't have to ruin the design of the building by putting in a tiny out of place Pokemon center.

Also, Team Rocket probably won't be making a comeback for this generation, and even if they did they'd probably be pushovers again...

Remember when cacthing 150 Pokemon seemed like a HUGE task? It looks like those days are gone forever...

0m3GA ARS3NAL
May 21st, 2010, 02:53 AM
Why... WHY IS THERE A POKEMON CENTRE ON THE BOTTOM FLOOR OF A HUGE SKYSCRAPER? Have somewhere to heal your Pokemon inside if neccecary, but they didn't have to ruin the design of the building by putting in a tiny out of place Pokemon center.

Because when a company buys out a section of a building (As most big buildings aren't owned by one single person, but have many companies inside) they can make them look like whatever they want.
Mind you we have a McDonalds here and it rests at the very bottom of a gigantic skyscraper.
The thing looks WAY out of place, aesthetically distasteful, BUT, it draws attention, and it is NOT a normal sight.
A pretty good marketing ploy.... BUT... this is pokemon, Pokemon Centers are FREE, why would they need to attract attention?
Because a small red building would in fact probably look more out of place by itself than with a big building on top of it.
All those tall buildings towering over this small little Pokemon Center...
It also makes it seem like there is more uses for those oh so plentiful blank buildings that serve no purpose other than scenery in the pokemon world.

Like I said, heading downhill... lol

~Wind~
May 21st, 2010, 11:10 AM
my only problem is a tiny tiny small one, tsutajas sprite is a bit...
strange? what with the pointy nose, other than that its looking great, zoroark made me so happy!
he reminds me of 3rd gen, my favourite gen, great enviroments, great pokes, great extras (like the animation of kyogre, groudon and rayquaza at the end of the storyline) and great characters!

Wind

Okami Chi
May 21st, 2010, 11:27 AM
So far there is not one thing I can find that I don't like. Maybe the Starters changed a bit but that's it. Good job Nintendo. :D

Esmas
May 21st, 2010, 11:38 AM
Mainly, I'm disappointed that they hadn't created new sprites for the old Pokémon (like Entei and Raikou are both the same), and I especially hate the moving backsprites...ugh...Street Fighter all over again!

Though nothing is bad enough for me to throw the games at the wall yet, I'm just disappointed with the fact that they haven't released more!

Yingxue
May 21st, 2010, 11:45 AM
My disappointment is that people can't wait for the official release of the game to judge things like battle backgrounds/music/etc; and completely fail to take into account that the screenshots/video are likely beta versions of what's to come. -,-

~Azure-
May 21st, 2010, 01:40 PM

Agreed. 4th Gen will still be most epic gen because of the pokemons walking behind trainer.

Esmas
May 21st, 2010, 02:34 PM
That too ^ That was the greatest feature of any game, as it felt like a more personal game.

Oh, and I'm also wondering about the heroine's hair...what is that thing? O___o

LikeUberHackFan
May 21st, 2010, 03:43 PM
The Girl needs a major hair change imo..

Xanatos13
May 21st, 2010, 04:06 PM
I think it's looking awesome thus far. ^_^ I've enjoyed following them from the R/B days, and they just get better with time. (Except R/S... They were "Eh.") Like the Grass starter. XD

Illustration
May 21st, 2010, 05:03 PM
So far, I'm quite disappointed with the designs of the protagonists. They look generic, unlike the other playable characters in Pokemon.

I'm not sure if they're supposed to look generic, but surely, I could just walk around my neighborhood and find anybody that would be dressed like them.

rockman0
May 21st, 2010, 05:18 PM
I don't have any problems with the game so far. I love everything about it including the 3D, the starters, the fact that the trainers are older and how they based the region on another country. We've already seen some revolutionary content with the little information we have now.

~Azure-
May 21st, 2010, 08:36 PM
Oh another thing that I completely forgot about before. I don't like the theme to it :S With the new region being more Industrial or w/e. I liked the 'poor' theme lol. Can't always get want we want can we :\

electimortar
May 21st, 2010, 09:25 PM
Ahem, I hope you guys do know that the sprites are animated.

yaywalter
May 21st, 2010, 11:19 PM
My two complaints: The starter Pokemon are horrible, and the battle backgrounds are dull.

Everything else looks awesome though.

Timbjerr
May 22nd, 2010, 03:42 AM
The only real disappointing thing is that the game isn't in my hands yet. XD

If you want me to nitpick though, I think putting it on the DS as opposed to the 3DS is a huge mistake. With how ambitious this game is, I can imagine space limitations being a huge factor, such as perhaps being the culprit behind the loss of the pokemon following you feature, and may hinder other aspects including the number of new pokemon, the number of new attacks, etc...

Also, if you stop complaining about pokemon designs, they will grow on you. I hated Turtwig and Piplup when they were revealed, but I've come to like them more than Chimchar, who I expected to be my favorite. Same applies to over half of the new evolutions added in GenIV.

Vrai
May 22nd, 2010, 05:30 AM

If you want me to nitpick though, I think putting it on the DS as opposed to the 3DS is a huge mistake. With how ambitious this game is, I can imagine space limitations being a huge factor, such as perhaps being the culprit behind the loss of the pokemon following you feature, and may hinder other aspects including the number of new pokemon, the number of new attacks, etc...

Also, if you stop complaining about pokemon designs, they will grow on you. I hated Turtwig and Piplup when they were revealed, but I've come to like them more than Chimchar, who I expected to be my favorite. Same applies to over half of the new evolutions added in GenIV.

I've already had Mijumaru and Pokabu grow on me. Both are like contending for my pick, and that was previously only a job for Tsujata. ;;

Ataraxia
May 22nd, 2010, 05:34 AM
Also, if you stop complaining about pokemon designs, they will grow on you.

True, but I really, really, really, really, really, REALLY wish Nintendo would STOP MAKING POKEMON OUT OF ANIMALS?!?! Seriously!! If you have no more ideas; STOP.

Esmas
May 22nd, 2010, 06:12 AM
True, but I really, really, really, really, really, REALLY wish Nintendo would STOP MAKING POKEMON OUT OF ANIMALS?!?! Seriously!! If you have no more ideas; STOP.Well, what are you supposed to make them out of? Inanimate objects?
Rotom says hi.

Sammuthegreat
May 22nd, 2010, 06:31 AM

Indeed; I expected to like Chimchar best before I saw the starters' final evolutions, although I quite liked Turtwig and Piplup too. But when I saw their final stages, Infernape was easily my least favourite... Luckily I traded to start with all three, but otherwise my tradition of using the Fire-type starter would have been under threat.

Yingxue
May 22nd, 2010, 06:41 AM
True, but I really, really, really, really, really, REALLY wish Nintendo would STOP MAKING POKEMON OUT OF ANIMALS?!?! Seriously!! If you have no more ideas; STOP.

A lot of them are based on abstract concepts, like the pixie trio of gen IV.

Most of them have some basis in Eastern mythology (IE Arceus is based on the Qilin, a mythical hoofed creature that shaped the universe). Even Dunsparce, it's based on a mythological animal in Japanese folklore.

I think, though, other than legends/folklore, what else is there to base Pokemon off of besides animals?

Mew~
May 22nd, 2010, 07:01 AM
I don't really think im dissapointed with anything so far to be honest :D I am a bit sad about the follow me feature being scraped though :(

pikapip26
May 22nd, 2010, 09:25 AM
there's no follow me feature T_T

Zorua
May 22nd, 2010, 10:55 AM
I'm with Timbjerr and say that the only disappointment I have with this game is that I don't have it yet. Everything else is fine for the most part.

Timbjerr
May 22nd, 2010, 11:30 AM

CAPSLOCK = SRS BSNSS MIRITE?

Well, what else do you expect pokemon to be based on? even back in the glory days of RBY, the vast majority of pokemon were animalistic in nature. Nothing wrong with that...just a way of making the Pokemon world analogous to the real world.

Besides, we only have five known genV pokemon. There could still be many more artificial and inorganic pokemon introduced.

PiPVoda
May 22nd, 2010, 01:11 PM

You know that is exactly what I was thinking but then some people were like "putting it on the 3DS would be a stupid idea since most people probably wouldn't buy the system anyways." I don't mind it being on the DS. Still I can't wait for the 3DS and would love it if Gen 5 is on it. I figure it's too late to put it on the 3DS now, and it seems like an incredibly stupid idea to introduce a new system then put one of the best selling video game series on its predecessor. Maybe Nintendo just has something in store for us regarding that. I mean it may not be too late to make the platform switch or offer the games on both the DS and 3DS.

Hybrid Trainer
May 22nd, 2010, 01:23 PM
Because when a company buys out a section of a building (As most big buildings aren't owned by one single person, but have many companies inside) they can make them look like whatever they want.
Mind you we have a McDonalds here and it rests at the very bottom of a gigantic skyscraper.
The thing looks WAY out of place, aesthetically distasteful, BUT, it draws attention, and it is NOT a normal sight.
A pretty good marketing ploy.... BUT... this is pokemon, Pokemon Centers are FREE, why would they need to attract attention?
Because a small red building would in fact probably look more out of place by itself than with a big building on top of it.
All those tall buildings towering over this small little Pokemon Center...
It also makes it seem like there is more uses for those oh so plentiful blank buildings that serve no purpose other than scenery in the pokemon world.

i think your forgeting that pokemarts are going to be inside pokemon centers now.

Timbjerr
May 22nd, 2010, 01:47 PM
You know that is exactly what I was thinking but then some people were like "putting it on the 3DS would be a stupid idea since most people probably wouldn't buy the system anyways." I don't mind it being on the DS. Still I can't wait for the 3DS and would love it if Gen 5 is on it. I figure it's too late to put it on the 3DS now, and it seems like an incredibly stupid idea to introduce a new system then put one of the best selling video game series on its predecessor. Maybe Nintendo just has something in store for us regarding that. I mean it may not be too late to make the platform switch or offer the games on both the DS and 3DS.

True...this brings to mind what happened with Twilight Princess. Nintendo was adamant in reminding everyone that it was developed for the GameCube, but eventually made it multi-platform for the Wii after its first delay. Though I highly doubt that this will be the case here, it is possible. :P

RocketAdmin.
May 22nd, 2010, 02:34 PM
The general surroundings suck, to be honest. You can see where the tiles join, the walls are blocky, etc. Let's just hope it's a prototype! :)

rockman0
May 23rd, 2010, 12:48 PM
Well, yea, it is a prototype, isn't it? I mean, if it wasn't and the game was completed fully, wouldn't we know more about it than we do now? But I actually like the industrial theme. I hope one of those skyscrapers is a division of the Silph Co. or Devon Co. that we can visit.

Harmony
May 23rd, 2010, 01:54 PM
I don't have any major complaints, but I don't really like the way the new main charachters look. The girl looks like she's in dire need of some hairspray and the boy... I can't really find anything to say about him.. I just don't like him much. haha

Azzurra
May 24th, 2010, 10:58 PM
I can't really say I've found anything disappointing about Black/White yet. But, it is only early days after all and I may just change my mind.

Droidz
May 24th, 2010, 11:49 PM
The only thing i find a little weird is the battleing but i don't hate it.

Azzurra
May 25th, 2010, 02:52 AM
The new interface does seem a bit different, but I'm sure in time everyone will adapt like the previous versions. I mean, besides. It's not that different, really.

fenyx4
May 25th, 2010, 09:55 AM
I hope that the Pokemon-following-you feature returns from HGSS as an option that you can turn on and off at your will. I wouldn't mind if the HGSS overworld Pokemon sprites were reused, because it seems kind of daunting to create such sprites for the previously released 493 Pokemon again, plus the who-knows-how-many Pokemon being introduced in Generation V. As long as they made new overworld sprite for the new Generation V Pokemon and add those to the 493 overworld Pokemon, I would be content. I'm surprised that Nintendo went through the trouble to make shiny overworld Pokemon variants as well. With that much effort invested for just 2 games, I hardly think that this particular feature is going to be axed in BW after all that work...

Other than that, no complaints so far! I'm kind of hoping that the "third version" (Gray?) comes out on the Nintendo 3DS to permit for even more expansive features...

Blue
May 25th, 2010, 10:08 AM
I hope theres an option for the 'Follow Me' to be turned off or on, else from what we can see, there is NO follow me feature :(

Vecransyh
May 25th, 2010, 05:54 PM
IMO the starters are the stupidest looking ever. No they are not cute, the green one looks so smug I want to punch it in the face.

Anyway yeah...what everyone else has said, 3d was a bad idea, too many pokemans.

Serin
May 25th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Only disappointed thus far in how pixelated the back sprites are in battle. I can see that annoying me quite a bit. Hopefully this will either look better on a DS screen that's in front of my hands, or they do a better job with the actual pixel work.

Your one of a few people that said this. I think it could have just been the pictures.

Battle scene. The outline pixels do look a bit large because of how the backsprite is so close to you, but I think it would be easily look passed because of the quality of the sprites and animations.
h t t p://w w w.youtube.c o m/watch?v=XBIv2Ql2W5s&feature=related (no spaces)

My only complaint is the starters. So far the Grass Snake thing has grown on me and I've taken a liking to it, but the other two are just butt ugly.

Bloothump
May 25th, 2010, 07:28 PM

You know, I'm pretty glad they kept out the sprites. Sure, when I first started HG it was pretty cool to be trailed by a buddy all the time. But as it progressed, it lost it's appeal for me, and after realizing that 80% of the OW sprites were horrendously malformed, I just kind of wanted an off button. That being said, I was glad it was implemented into the remake, because, being a remake, HGSS needed some extra appeal. However, I think the new generation can and should go without the sprites, because with a new region to explore, new pokemon to catch, and a (slightly) new storyline, I personally will forget all about the following pokes. Besides, I prefer enhanced graphics and moving sprites over ugly stalkermons.

I can't stand any of the starters.

Maybe if you quit thinking negatively and give each one a good long look, and think of their good features, you'll realize they're not so bad.

They're probably gonna make far too many legends again. (I think there are now over 30 legendaries, they might come close to doubling that number in Gen 5)

W-what? Where did you even get this assumption? Seriously? Not one legendary has been released, and you're complaining that there are too many? I just don't understand.

Surely they could have called them something better than Black and White, I think Ebony and Ivory would be nicer choices.

I think they were going for the whole "standard colors" deal from first gen.

I agree, the should have placed the center near the docks or something, a little far from the actual city. But it's just one pokemon center, so, meh.

Also, Team Rocket probably won't be making a comeback for this generation, and even if they did they'd probably be pushovers again...

Quoth foreign rocket member from HGSS: "I will go to home country and rebuild Team Rocket!" ...or something like that. Not saying they will be there but it's possible...

Remember
when cacthing 150 Pokemon seemed like a HUGE task? It looks like those days are gone forever...

Well, make catching the 150 pokes of the Standard Dex your goal?

PiPVoda
May 25th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Mijamaru...... he is the worst water starter period>.
hmm, wonder why I didn't see this comment when I was browsing through the other posts.

here we go with more complaining. Honestly I don't see how you could say Miju is the worst water starter when you don't even know it's moves, stats, or evolutions yet. Don't let appearance fool you. I'm gonna lmao if Mijumaru evolves into some kick ass evo and proves comments like these wrong. As a water lover I don't think there is one water starter that is the worst of the bunch. They all have their own flaws.

I agree; I actually expected it to be the best of the starters when the shadows were leaked but... It turned being the worst one.
And... why is it white? Why white? I thought it was an otter, not a snowman D:

Sea otters have round heads, and some have white fur as well which explains why Miju's head is white. They also have freckles and maybe with all of that combined it just appears as if Miju is a clown instead of a sea otter (they could have used diff. colors but it grows on you). In addition to that sea otters have the thickest fur of all mammals and underneath they store air in it for warmth (which may be why Miju has that patch of fur beneath its neck). I honestly think people would understand Mijumaru more if they took the time to look up facts about sea otters..oh and they're labeled as endangered species so Miju should be receiving more love :D.

Unrealistic? Have you seen some of the skylines in this world? They go from flat to 45-60 floor high rises in a sec in some areas. A perfect example to back up my claims, but just on a larger scale would be the supertall Toky Sky Tree http://www.japantrends.com/en/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/skytree.jpg

If you ask me, the pokemon center may look a tad bit off but it still fits in well.

SinisterEternity
May 26th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Uuh...Imo, I'd say...Yes >.>
Some Disappointments on the starters :

-Tsutaja actually reminds me of a mix between Treecko and Cindaquil Cx
-I also found the pokemons are looking more and more circular (but maybe it's just me XD)
-The crowd : it's almost always the same men and girls we're seeing who run Cx Always the same man with the same luggage, and the way they run is weird (detail, I know x3)
-And I'd rather play a 2.5D game like HG or SS then a weird 3D one
-Also, I didn't like the starters at all...So what are the new pokemons going to be like ? Cx
-I'd have prefered a "real" world to discover than just a city, too
- The fact Sprites are animated is a good thing, would have been better if not too pixelated, in my opinion :[

Overall, I'm not sure weither I'll buy it or not, depends on what news we're getting in the coming days and weeks C:

Ger Japa
May 28th, 2010, 06:42 AM
I don't like any of the starters. They look stupid!!!

Roxas358
May 28th, 2010, 06:56 AM
The hero/ine sprites are lame. Stupid new 3D-ness.

Ger Japa
May 28th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Honestly, don't like the game to turn into 3D, it will be much heavier n much more complicated to play :(

Roxas358
May 28th, 2010, 07:18 AM
I like the D/P/Pt/HG/SS style, but the B/W style looks way too insane.

Tyler
May 28th, 2010, 08:37 AM
The new legendaries are a disappointment! Check out pokemon.com if you haven't.

Lanturnista
May 28th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Black's version mascot.
Everything else I've seen of Gen V looks awesome to me. <3
Edit: Hey, wait, what? The white one is the Black mascot? I'm so confused. @.@ Pokémon.com is messing with my brain.

shengar
May 28th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Since I'm from Generation I player, i'm totally dissapointed with the version mascot. The version Mascot somehow are too digimon like. Cool for the eyes, but not satisfy the need of a pokemon unique charm. Each generation legendary retain a special charm even legendaries in D/P/PT still have it. But now, i'm disappointed that Pokemon gradually loss its special charm.
The starter also "doubtful"

Madam Cheezy
May 28th, 2010, 11:11 AM
The grass and water starters look like they were put together at the last minute, especially the water one. Also, the legendaries are completely boring altogether.

The 3-D thing might work, as long as they dont smack you around too much with it. I agree, it does look like an old ps2 graphic at times. The big city thing....well, I dont like it now, but, who knows. Maybe I'm just being stubborn.

Maybe we can finally get an Electric/Dark type now? [/hope]

Akatsuki no Tenshi
May 28th, 2010, 11:38 AM
For now just the water starter, it's just an uber fail.
The rest of the game seems to be A-Ok, specially the white legendary

RedBaron474
May 28th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Since I'm from Generation I player, i'm totally dissapointed with the version mascot. The version Mascot somehow are too digimon like. Cool for the eyes, but not satisfy the need of a pokemon unique charm. Each generation legendary retain a special charm even legendaries in D/P/PT still have it. But now, i'm disappointed that Pokemon gradually loss its special charm.
The starter also "doubtful"

I am completely with you. When I was much younger pokemon was one of the coolest things ever. I loved every single pokemon from #1-386 (Kanto to Hoenn in case you didn't know) and enjoyed every version from Generation I-III. But now starting with DPPT I have seen a change in the pokemon games that I once knew. Most designs for pokemon since then have had a very digimon-ish look in my opinion and I just couldn't like them as much. I don't know, it may just be me . . .

Jordan
June 17th, 2010, 07:54 PM
I can be a bit too pessimistic/cynical at times about new games, but here we go. I'm not particularly fond of the 3D they have going right now, since from the shots of walking around the circular bay town, things look a bit...dizzying. The legendaries look a bit too much like gray-scale Dialga and Palkia. Zoroark's design looks positively awful, but since that's only one Pokemon, I'll have to wait for more design releases before making a final judgment on this generation's Pokemon.

Patchisou Yutohru
June 27th, 2010, 09:12 PM
The only disappointment I have thus far are the overdone Pokémon that look more like Yu-Gi-Oh cards than anything. Like all of the Pokémon shown in this (http://pokebeach.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/oha-suta-new-pokemon-1.jpg) screenshot. Seems to me like they're going through with the more humanoid looking Pokémon; sort of like they did with Generation III.

Ravecat
June 27th, 2010, 09:16 PM
The overworld graphics.

That is all.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
June 27th, 2010, 09:18 PM
The only disappointment I have thus far are the overdone Pokémon that look more like Yu-Gi-Oh cards than anything. Like all of the Pokémon shown in this (http://pokebeach.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/oha-suta-new-pokemon-1.jpg) screenshot. Seems to me like they're going through with the more humanoid looking Pokémon; sort of like they did with Generation III.But generation 1 had many humanoid pokemon too, Alakazam, Machomp, Jynx, Mr. Mime, Rhydon, Mewtwo and their families! So new Humanoid pokemon weren't new in generation 3 or 4.

Bluerang1
June 27th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Those new very recently released Pokemon *pukes* They're a Ben 10 alien and that girl in Black form D/P/Pt Pokemon-fied.

Yuoaman
June 27th, 2010, 10:36 PM
I have two major disappointments: the lack of Pokemon following the player, and the battle backgrounds.

Waffle-San
June 27th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Basically just that there appear to be no Pokemon following you. :( But I won't let that stop me from enjoying the game!!

bookauthor1123
June 27th, 2010, 11:34 PM
so far the only thing I can say I'm 100% disappointed in is the new Region Map. To me it's the outlier for the other regions. Like that guy who brings his son on Bring-Your-Daughter-To-Work Day.

It looks to far off from the others, in that Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh all have a quick and easy-ti-tell resemblance to a major city in Japan, and Ishuu or whatver the official name is, doesn't really look like much to me. Plus the way the map looks, I'd prefer it to e a little more grasslandish and not too, man-made buildings that take all the room for the pokemon.

That is just one of the problems I see, I'm sure there'll be more...

Masterge77
June 28th, 2010, 03:29 AM
The biggest dissapointment (and my biggest complaint) is that Zorua is event only, now I will proabably never get one, thanks a lot for screwing the fans AGAIN Nintendo.....

Patchisou Yutohru
June 28th, 2010, 07:13 AM
so far the only thing I can say I'm 100% disappointed in is the new Region Map. To me it's the outlier for the other regions. Like that guy who brings his son on Bring-Your-Daughter-To-Work Day.

It looks to far off from the others, in that Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh all have a quick and easy-ti-tell resemblance to a major city in Japan, and Ishuu or whatver the official name is, doesn't really look like much to me. Plus the way the map looks, I'd prefer it to e a little more grasslandish and not too, man-made buildings that take all the room for the pokemon.

That is just one of the problems I see, I'm sure there'll be more...
The thing about that is that Isshu is far away from the other regions, as it's already previously been confirmed.

Charmageddon
June 28th, 2010, 07:14 AM
The new Pokemon. I really hate to be a new-Pokemon basher, but although each generation has improved the gameplay massively, the Pokemon themselves... I think they've gone downhill, to say the least. This latest set... I know the screenshot doesn't give the greatest quality, but they look like Fakemon done in MS Paint. That Mantis thing wouldn't look out of place in Pokemon Quartz.

EDIT: Oh my God I missed some, It gets worse!

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx264/MistahDude/smaller2.png?t=1277680361
Pictured: Ugliest things ever

Seriously, what is that green floating thing even supposed to be?

Alyssachu
June 28th, 2010, 07:25 AM
I don't understand why there's a seashell, or whatever it is, on the water starter's belly. Why should that one get a symbol but there others don't?! I DON'T KNOW, IT JUST BUGS THE HELL OUT OF ME! D8< ... I'm so picky. I don't even know. XD

akaFilanachi
June 28th, 2010, 07:32 AM
I think they could have designed some of the new pokemon better(examples: Gear, Pokabu, the bird thingy), the 3v3 battles are just plain stupid, and the graphics look pretty bad.

Roughsponge
June 28th, 2010, 07:54 AM
I really hate the graphics, especially in battle.. I think it's because of them moving and stuff, but I'd rather they didnt move than go back to the pixely backsprites of R/B/Y... I'm just praying they look less pixely on my ds.

Azure-Supernova
June 28th, 2010, 08:47 AM
None of the revealed Pokémon so far have been partiuclarly impressive... some are starting to look like Digimon and some just plain retarded. Especially Mijumaru, some kind of retarded clown with a scoop of ice cream for a head...

I'm hoping that the gyms aren't all that gimmicky... I'm all for puzzles to get to the leader, but a rollercoaster?

There's very little I'm actually excited about with this game...

XxRogueTrainerxX
June 28th, 2010, 08:57 AM
I too am not particularly fond of the new Pokémon... almost all of them lack any thought or creativity at all. Mijumaru annoys the living hell out of me... its Pokédex entry reads "Sea Otter Pokémon", but honestly, it looks more like a retarded squirrel without a tail and an oversized head. Pokabu is probably going to be my starter Pokémon choice, but it looks like a cross between Grumpig and Charmander. On to the others, Chiramii looks unpromising, both in design and ability (but it would be hilarious if it evolved into something that resembles a rabid chinchilla the size of an Ursaring). As for the graphics and new features, they're actually halfway decent.

mortisha
June 28th, 2010, 08:59 AM
I really don't like ANY of the new pokemon. The starters are predictable, but they're not so bad as the new pokes I've seen. And can't they just go back to 2D graphics? :|

The Riddler
June 28th, 2010, 09:05 AM

I agree! But, maybe those pixel won't be such a problem, because of all the movements...

Azure-Supernova
June 28th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Also are GameFreak still following that formula? Normal and a Normal/Flying fodder?

Rattata > Sentret > Zigzagoon > Bidoof > Chiramii

Charmageddon
June 28th, 2010, 09:54 AM
I saw Chiramii of more of a Pikachu/Pachirisu rip-off, but I guess we'll wait and see.

Paper Ghost
June 28th, 2010, 10:03 AM
I still think the starter designs are kind of lackluster. :> I've seen Fakemon artists do WAY better than that, and I don't even care about Fakemon.

It's pretty bad that the human designs are better this time, though D: *usually expects both to be good*

southharmon
June 28th, 2010, 11:27 AM
i think it's too early to judge whether or not i like the region and landscape and i think once it comes out i will enjoy the cities and whatnot because i have liked all of the regions thus far. however i can conplain about the pokemon. i liked the first eight or so that were introduced (the starters, the chinchilla, zebra, crocodile, gear, etc.) the newer eight i dislike though. the gothic looking one is lame, the green floating strange thing is stupid and weird, the tarantula and mantis thing are scary, the sarcophagus is meh, the rock thing that looks like probopass is also lame and its like heatren and nosepass together, and then the mole is probably my favorite of the newer eight. also wtf with the triple battles and the roller coaster (this isn't disneyland)

Aberash
June 28th, 2010, 12:22 PM
I am extremely dissapointed with pokemon desighs. They look like crap. The grass starter has grown on me thou

Penumbra
June 28th, 2010, 12:49 PM
I dislike the no pokemon following you, as well. That's a pretty glaring thing. The boy/girl aren't to my liking. Still waiting for customizable trainers (or at least a wider selection, please). Also, some of the pokemon to me are rather irksome.

Other than that, I can't really think of anything right now. There are some pretty good features that B/W have going.

Air Pichu
June 28th, 2010, 12:55 PM
The Pokemon look kind of....... weird, but only like 2 or 3! I like Mijumaru and Reshiram. The few older ones were nice but the new ones that were just released yesterday looked pretty odd. No more Pokemon following you? I really looked forward to it.

exteradude
June 28th, 2010, 03:22 PM
My only disappointment is that the female trainers are looking less... reserved... with every game coming out. I'm not being a negative Nancy, but still. It's my opinion, though.

I've noticed that some believe that having too much pokemon is a problem, and I would have to disagree. [I respect the opinions of others, however.] In my opinion, the more pokemon the merrier!

PKFL_531
June 28th, 2010, 03:28 PM
I'm mad because of how the sprites get pixelated because of the zoom in. It really doesn't look good, and it's very poor quality.

gteystre3t
June 28th, 2010, 03:47 PM
the 3 on 3 battles. i think it's SO stupid.

Zackraa
June 28th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Two words! Sarcophagus pokemon, really what the **** man?

dieter57
June 28th, 2010, 05:34 PM
my biggest disappointment isn't the pokemon, but these new three on three battles....

tangvor
June 28th, 2010, 05:34 PM
I don't know any of their names but I REALLY hate the the new starter sprites of the fire pig thing...(another upsetting fire pokemon chimchar now this.) and then the water type otter thing wtf...
The follow behind feature was really cool, but could live without it.
I just want some new cool looking pokemon that I get to find out about in this game and make a new team to own some people :]
I'm afraid the videos make everything look more pixelated than it actually is BUT if they aren't that's an upset as well.
These new 3 on 3 battles are going to split the damage of group moves (Surf, rock slide) even further.
It's upsetting because Surf is so powerful on one target, but virtually useless on two and now 3?!
I am super excited to see more release stuff on this new generation.
On a side note of my likes are the new legendaries...ARE THEY AWESOME OR WHAT?!

Blueknight
June 28th, 2010, 05:46 PM
When I first saw B/W images of 3D gameplay, I wanted them to go back to origional 2D. I thought it sucked. But after a while, I kinda like the 3D effects. It is cool to acually see the horizion and have graphics update.

I'm not really disappointed at anything, I just have to get used to it all. I'm used to Zoarark and the starters being regular Pokemon now, and they look fine.

Migueliscool
June 29th, 2010, 01:19 AM
I dislike most of the Pokemon. The only one that I like so far is the grass starter

Owl
June 29th, 2010, 06:21 AM
A lot of the Pokemon remind me of Digimon, and I really hate Digimon.

gteystre3t
June 29th, 2010, 06:24 AM
what's really funny is we're all going to be playing these games no matter what

Kirbychu
June 29th, 2010, 02:59 PM
I was hoping for 4-way battles. Instead I get triple battles and some of the ugliest Pokemon in the history of the franchise. I'm sorry people but the Pokemon are just getting worse and worse IMO.

HallwayKid
June 29th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Four-way battles were introduced to the storyline in generation 4. Cheryl, Riley, etc. Ring a bell.

If you were talking about a free for all I'm sorry.

Astinus
June 29th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Four-way battles were introduced to the storyline in generation 4. Cheryl, Riley, etc. Ring a bell.

If you were talking about a free for all I'm sorry.
Yeah, those are double-battles with a partner. The same rules as other double-battles still apply to those, it's just that you're working with a partner.

No real disappointments for me yet. I'm not really liking a few of the recently revealed Pokemon (the earlier ones were good, in my opinion), but I'll get used to them at some point. And I'm sure there are more Pokemon that will be revealed that I will like, so... I'm not bothered.

-Jared-
June 29th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Triple Battles seem ridiculous to me....but somehow, I know I'll grow fond of them.

Most of the pokemon seem okay to me, but so far, the blue and red rocky dinosaur thing sorta bugs me for some reason I can't seem to figure out...>__>

Jerme
June 29th, 2010, 05:25 PM
that little girl pokemon is my only major gripe.

also, no following pokemon so far but i'll live

ragingraichu
June 29th, 2010, 05:36 PM
I have been 100% happy with everything so far. Triple battles, amazing new pokemon designs, great graphics. Im just so excited.

locoroco
June 29th, 2010, 06:22 PM
ummm 2d back and front sprites on a 3d game thats the only thing. im hoping they fix the problem with the sprites in all of our currents games that if you have a skunktank and use flamethrowe its attacks come out from umm his a** i hope they fix that hahahaha.

SargeantMajorKururu
June 29th, 2010, 09:39 PM
I'm happy with all but 2 Pokemon...Munna and that weird girl looking hing. That girl thing looked like a Fakemon to me...And Munna is just girly I guess...-_-''' But besides that I like all of em and all the info we got!