PDA

View Full Version : Mouse or TouchPad?

诶伊艾诶豆诶维伊
May 19th, 2010, 12:51 PM
What do you use with your computer?

A mouse-pad for laptops, A wire-connected mouse for either, or a wireless mouse for either?
How about A trackball?

Yusshin
May 19th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Both. Touchpad on my bed; wireless mouse on my desk for when I'm gaming.

Vital
May 19th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Touchpad all the time. I used to own a laptop mouse... but I lost it. =/

Comrade Nikita Ivanova
May 19th, 2010, 01:08 PM
I totally prefer using a mouse. I broke my mouse a few months ago when I dropped my computer on it, and I was just devastated.

So, yeah... Until I can get someone else to buy me a new mouse, I'm stuck with the touch pad.

(On a semi-unrelated note, I didn't know they made wireless mice. o.o)

诶伊艾诶豆诶维伊
May 19th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Yeeeea...
I usually have touchpad, but when my fingers get sweaty then it feels weird when I tap or scroll..
So when I get sweaty hands I use my wire-less mouse or my wire mouse.
It depends on which house i'm at..

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 19th, 2010, 01:16 PM
A mouse whenever possible. Mine are all corded, because wireless mouses tend to require batteries or charging and I'm not cool with that.

I prefer laser mice, because moving parts have this tendency to break in my experience.

Jesh
May 19th, 2010, 01:28 PM
A normal corded mouse :P

It's apparently made by Microsoft? o/

Zebeedoo
May 19th, 2010, 01:50 PM
I used to have a mouse for my laptop. But it broke for some reason within two days of getting it. So I use the touchpad instead. It was annoying to use at first, but now I'm pretty much used to it.

Cassino
May 19th, 2010, 02:11 PM
What about a trackball?

But anyway, I use a wired mouse, ideally optical so my hair doesn't get rolled into it. Wireless mice just make no real sense in a home usage context... the machine generally is there, at most 4ft away, so what's wrong with inserting a cable?

The Sly Fox
May 19th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Usually I use a mouse, I find it easier.

Kotowari
May 19th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Tablet <3
I just love using the tablet pen to navigate. :3 But when I don't use it, it's most of the time the touchpap of my laptop. =/ I have a small laptop mouse, but for some reason I don't use it as often as I used to anymore.

hiphiphippo
May 19th, 2010, 04:06 PM
i use a desktop computer, so mouse

but i hate touchpads anyway. it's so hard to navigate for me; it takes me forever. it's just annoying! D:

Arago
May 19th, 2010, 05:24 PM
This belongs in Computers and Technology.

Sol Rovyn
May 19th, 2010, 05:53 PM
I mostly use my desktop, so I'm more use to using the mouse. Even when my laptop is stationary, I use the mouse for my laptop since I find touchpads really annoying to use for long periods at a time. When I'm on-the-go, I have no choice but the use the touchpad.

donavannj
May 19th, 2010, 06:38 PM
I use both... but vastly prefer the mouse for when I'm gaming.

Rukario
May 19th, 2010, 07:45 PM
mouse. the touch pad is disabled on my laptop.

EmeraldSerenade
May 19th, 2010, 08:08 PM
mouse. my laptops touch pad is horrible >.>

Scales
May 19th, 2010, 11:23 PM
I wonder if anyone here uses a trackball

Arcanine
May 19th, 2010, 11:56 PM
I have 2 mice, and a touchpad, I use all 3. But I mostly use the mouse that's right next to my laptop. I use different ones for different things, but if I had to pick one I'd go with a mouse.

Peeky Chew
May 20th, 2010, 12:25 AM
I have a desktop pc, so a mouse. I'd never think of using a touchpad since they're just slower and I need the precision of a mouse for graphic design.

`Espeon
May 20th, 2010, 01:47 AM
I use a mouse, since the touch pad feels weird when I touch it. D:

Rich Boy Rob
May 20th, 2010, 01:54 AM
I use a mouse. I used to like using touch-pads, but I realised how horrible they are for gaming when I got my laptop. Now I have a big chunky gaming mouse.
I initially had a small(ish) wireless one, but that ate batteries like... I don't know what, so I bought this cabled one. It was only £10 and has Back/Forward buttons on the side for the internet. I love it.

Zeffy
May 20th, 2010, 04:06 AM
The touchpad is boring. I disabled it on my laptop. >.>

I use a mouse which what I'm more used to using.

Sneeze
May 20th, 2010, 04:25 AM
Use touchpad on my laptop, it's fine, can be a little awkward when eating though cause it gets greasy, mouse on my desktop computer which I used for games so a decent mouse is imperative. (Logitech G5 :D)

Cherrim
May 20th, 2010, 05:48 AM
I prefer mouses in almost every situation. :| My hand cramps up fairly quickly when I have to use a touchpad and I find it doesn't give you as much precision control as a mouse.

I'm not used to my netbook at all anymore because I only ever user it now when I'm not at my desktop, meaning I don't have a decent surface to work on and I'm *forced* to use the touchpad. It's awkward and somewhat painful/uncomfortable.

(I used to prefer touchpads though.)

Gerri Shin
May 20th, 2010, 06:47 AM
i Use a Wireless mouse while at my desk, the trackpad when away fro my desk but still physically using laptop, and a Touchscreen for when I'm remoting into my computer while out and about.

诶伊艾诶豆诶维伊
May 20th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Well, since people are mentioning trackballs, (I have no idea what they are....) I'll add them to the list.

*Looks up trackball*

donavannj-
May 20th, 2010, 06:58 AM
A trackball is kinda like an inverted ball mouse. (b'-')b

linkinpark187
May 20th, 2010, 07:28 AM
I've actually got a compact keyboard with the Track-Point on it that I prefer over the Touch Pad. That's one of the things I always loved about the older IBM's and Toshiba's. They still put them on newer IBM/Lenovo's, but that's about the only time I see them, now. The Touch-Point works awesome for FPS, though.

SonicThrust
May 20th, 2010, 09:35 AM
I pretty much always use my touch pad. I do have a wireless mouse, but I rarely use it.

Flare Riqueza
May 20th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Generally I prefer touchpads.

But my current laptop's touchpad and mouse buttons?

Give me an 80s computer, it'll take less time to type this message.

Bluerang1
May 20th, 2010, 01:27 PM
USB Optical mostly, with the PC. But I use the Laptop often which has a Touch-Pad. Mouses are great for playing games, but I realised that you could use the Touch Pad as a Tablet sort of. I tried Wireless but realised you needed to replace the battery, for the one I got anyway, (<--- cheapskate) so I've stuck with Optical USB :)

xxkaylabby
May 20th, 2010, 04:18 PM
i rather have a mouse(: so much easier for making graphics ^_^

KAZillonaire
May 23rd, 2010, 02:41 PM
If you want your screen greasy after a good fast food lunch, then I suggest a mouse. If you don't seem to care about your computer, touch screen. I recommend a towel, as well. My cousin's spit never came off.

sgspacemonkey
May 24th, 2010, 06:39 AM
It really depends what I'm doing. Overall I prefer the mouse, but on my laptop I'm pretty well practiced with a touch pad now. I still prefer to plug a mouse in though if I'm doing something that requires more accuracy like my digital art.

donavannj
May 24th, 2010, 06:54 AM
It really depends what I'm doing. Overall I prefer the mouse, but on my laptop I'm pretty well practiced with a touch pad now. I still prefer to plug a mouse in though if I'm doing something that requires more accuracy like my digital art.

This actually describes what I meant by my first post in this thread. Touchpads are a piece of cake to use, but they suck for precision.

SacredMiKeY
May 25th, 2010, 04:32 AM
a mouse cause they are the easiest to use imo