PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] More Unown?

Germaniac
May 20th, 2010, 04:56 PM
I think there will be number Unowns, what about You?

Safetyfirst
May 20th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I think it's a good idea, but I really can't see Nintendo doing it. They will probably have a cave or place where you can get unowns, but I doubt they will make more

Thorns
May 20th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Who knows, maybe they'll make Unowns in the shape of keyboard symbols XD.

Esper
May 20th, 2010, 05:06 PM
What...?

Which alphabet do you think these new Unown would come from? They're not going to make Unown for weirder symbols like & # @

Thorns
May 20th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Hey. you don't have to put MY idea down. :tired:

Timbjerr
May 20th, 2010, 05:13 PM
It's very unlikely. Unown are a worthless pokemon anyways, and there was very little point to adding ? and ! in GenIII, so I don't see why they'd add any more in GenV. :P

flight
May 20th, 2010, 05:14 PM
As much as I love the little things, please, no more unown. I think 26(or so) is enough, dontcha think? D:

Esper
May 20th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Hey. you don't have to put MY idea down. :tired:
Didn't mean to. You ninja'd me.

But I don't think they'll make more symbols. ! and ? are there because they're really common. % is much less common so aside from every other reason they wouldn't add more Unown why would they add those?

RyanGT
May 20th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Such useless Pokemon. I hope not.

Volroc
May 20th, 2010, 05:23 PM
if they make an in game event where catchin all of them results in more than just hippotas then hell ya make number-nowns lol
thanx to quick balls i could catch all of then in an hour :3

TB Pro
May 20th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Why would they add new Unown to the fifth games, when they didn't for the third or fourth. Anyways, however unlikely it seems, I hope they don't.

.Eevee-Chan
May 20th, 2010, 06:04 PM
I doubt it, if there are new ones I'd love to see what they'd look like.

15ares
May 20th, 2010, 06:35 PM
i think they should get a hold item similar to giratinas griseous orb, that like, come from there original dimension, and boosts there stats so theyre not so horrible XD maybe new moves too? HP is not good unless u have high IVs

インフェルノの津波
May 20th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Maybe Alphunown and Omegunown? Like Alpha and Omega, hmm hmm?

Forever
May 20th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Due to the Zoaroak = Entei/Raikou/Suicune thing, there's likely to be some backstory, possibly connected to Zoaroak, as well as Entei + the unowns. Like going back in time within the game and going to the crystalised tower...

I'd so buy the game if that happened.

Kingler5
May 20th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Maybe they'll make an unown that's shaped like a key that unlocks a door to a legendary.
that would build some suspense.

they should make an insanity legendary as well.This brainstorming thing is the BOMB!!

You know what? scratch that!

THEY SHOULD MAKE A LEGENDARY WITH CLAWS!

CLAWS ARE COOL!!!!!

Ok.Ok. I'm rambling here.

I haven't had a brainstorm in a few months (THIS IS SO MUCH FUN!!)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
May 20th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Why would they add new Unown to the fifth games, when they didn't for the third or fourth. Anyways, however unlikely it seems, I hope they don't.wrong in gen 3 they introduced Unown ! and ? only gen 4 hasn't introduced new Unown's. You know we could always use more symbols like ! and ? or maybe add Spanish alphabet letters like... well the n with the squiggle on top... too bad the keyboard doesn't have one... or maybe Ch or LL these are actual letter... don't know why some are combos though of two letter... maybe because they make different sounds...

Tyrantrum
May 20th, 2010, 08:32 PM
As much as I love the little things, please, no more unown. I think 26(or so) is enough, dontcha think? D:
THIS RIGHT HERE.

We really don't need anymore. Having 26 Unown, as well as two others, is enough. We don't need numbers; especially since numbers go on forever, even though they could stop at a certain number, it'd still be really stupid.

Swift!
May 20th, 2010, 08:42 PM
They only need to add ten more Unown.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

Once they've done that they can stop.

TB Pro
May 20th, 2010, 08:45 PM
wrong in gen 3 they introduced Unown ! and ? only gen 4 hasn't introduced new Unown's. You know we could always use more symbols like ! and ? or maybe add Spanish alphabet letters like... well the n with the squiggle on top... too bad the keyboard doesn't have one... or maybe Ch or LL these are actual letter... don't know why some are combos though of two letter... maybe because they make different sounds...
Why the hell would we need the Spanish Alphabet? Rather, why the hell do we need the original English Alphabet?

Swift!
May 20th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Why the hell would we need the Spanish Alphabet? Rather, why the hell do we need the original English Alphabet?

I thought the point was that humans learned the alphabet from the Unown and designed it around them. That's why I think they should add the numbers, because then they can say humans also learned about numbers from the Unown.

There's a very good story by Rudyard Kipling about the same type of thing, but I don't remember what it's called.

BHwolfgang
May 20th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Unless if Nintendo and Game Freak decides to add some Ancient Roman alphabet symbols, like omega and alpha, then I can't see any new Unowns being included for the Fifth Generation. There is no point, really. If so, then what's the purpose of a few more Unowns that no one really use?

I'm going to agree with Derk on this one. Twenty-six alaphabetical and two punctuational Unowns are enough.

Eurydice
May 20th, 2010, 09:47 PM
i really dont think there will be any more unowns. and i really dont want anymore either. if they were actually useable pokemon it might be different but they are too weak to use for battles.

Eeohnex
May 20th, 2010, 10:11 PM
i really dont think there will be any more unowns. and i really dont want anymore either. if they were actually useable pokemon it might be different but they are too weak to use for battles.
Exactly, I don't see the point of adding more into the game.

AuraGaurdian
May 20th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Maybe they'll make an unown that's shaped like a key that unlocks a door to a legendary.
that would build some suspense.

I like this idea I think it could work.
The Legend could be called keyra and it could be pure psychic like the uknown and it could have this move where it summons all theese uknown and uses there power to launch a powerful beam!
also this key uknown can only be caught once you have caught all the other uknown!

Wow you were right brainstorming is fun!

BleuVII
May 20th, 2010, 11:29 PM
I'm smiling at this. First off, I agree: 28 unown is quite enough. They either need to make a new pokemon that is available when you catch all of them or just leave them alone. I think it'd be fun to see a pair of legendaries:
A and Ω (alpha and omega). They could be gold-colored and have decent movesets. Also, Alpha could be male, and Omega could be female. When bred, they produce Unown. The catch: only they can pass down egg moves to the unown.

Also, the linguist in me is crying right now, so allow me a geeky moment. A-Z is not the English alphabet. It's the Latin alphabet, which we adopted and grafted the English language to. Alpha and Omega are from the Greek alphabet (which, consequently, begins with "alpha" and "bet".) And be thankful that we got the Latin alphabet for these buggers; the Japanese kanas would have given us over 40 of the little buggers to catch!

loliwin
May 20th, 2010, 11:41 PM
How bout if they make 3 Unown with these shapes:

>

:

)

It'd be funny if they had a triple battle and the player would be fighting those 3 types of Unown. :) It'd look scary.

Blue
May 21st, 2010, 08:11 AM
I doubt it, if they wanted to do that they would have added more already, it's been 10 years since G/S/C which Unown was introduced, I can't see what they would base it off either, they've already done letters and I can't see them doing numbers, but that's just my opinion, you could be right.

Missingno.7-4468
May 21st, 2010, 02:13 PM
While I don't necessarily WANT more Unowns, I can't help but think that some would be pretty cool. Maybe stuff like Katakana/Hirigana, Grrek, or even something like Cyrillic, Armenian, or even something else entirely. Either way, I would STILL never be able to catch an M Unown >_<

PalkiaSpace
May 21st, 2010, 02:16 PM
I like the idea of the Key-shaped Unown. It unlocks a cove to a Legendary Lol.

But aside from that, i think they should make numbers 0-9. Then, like the key idea, bade on what however many digit number you make with your team of Unown, different things happen to special places.

Germaniac
May 21st, 2010, 04:49 PM
Maybe after You get all Unown, You can get an event, or Unown will evolve

Enigma
May 21st, 2010, 04:56 PM
I doubt there will be anymore. 28 is enough for me.

myrrhman
May 21st, 2010, 05:01 PM
Also, the linguist in me is crying right now, so allow me a geeky moment. A-Z is not the English alphabet. It's the Latin alphabet, which we adopted and grafted the English language to. Alpha and Omega are from the Greek alphabet (which, consequently, begins with "alpha" and "bet".) And be thankful that we got the Latin alphabet for these buggers; the Japanese kanas would have given us over 40 of the little buggers to catch!
Thank you. Glad someone knows their culture.

I personally would love to see a few more unown (esp 0-9). And like i think someone else said, there could be a secret area that only opens if you have specific Unown in a specific order. Like the letters OPEN unlock a secret door or something. Sort of similar to the key idea. I also really like the idea of the gold Alpha and Omega Unown.

PiPVoda
May 21st, 2010, 06:35 PM
Sure why not. They could easily make more based off of alphabets from other languages. Example:
매일버스가타요, just with that simple Korean sentence they could make like 15 different unknowns and Hangul has over 24 (or 22 can't remember right now) characters. Greek, Russian, Amharic (Ethiopia), Ge'ez, Arabic, Chinese and all these other alphabets or characters (in Mandarin case) could be added and we'd have a hell of a lot of unknown. IMO they should be able to evolve or combine with other unkown to form larger, more powerful unknown. Like the case w/ the Korean I provided. ㅁ- Mieum unkown could combine with ㅐ-ae , ㅇ-ieung, ㅣ- ee, ㄹ and rieul to form 매일 which means every day! xD

Mew~
May 22nd, 2010, 02:59 AM
I don't really think so ^^" Unless they make them for other symbols like -, =, +, @ etc..

Guy
May 22nd, 2010, 09:31 AM
Twenty-eight is pretty much a good enough number of Unowns, and I'd really not like to go hunting for any larger number than that. When "?" and "!" was added back in the 3rd Generation, I just thought they added them in because they were highly popular symbols that are used with the alphabet. Other symbols like @, >, %, etc. just don't seem necessary. They serve very little purpose other than unlocking certain events in-game; occasionally showing up in other side-stories as well, such as the Arceus event in HG/SS where they showed up. They only learn one move [Hidden Power], have poor stats and don't do much other than float.

In short, please no more Unown forms.

Toshiro.
May 22nd, 2010, 09:54 AM
Ugh, please no more Unowns. There are quite enough forms ._.

typhlosionLV80
May 22nd, 2010, 10:06 AM
Didn't mean to. You ninja'd me.

But I don't think they'll make more symbols. ! and ? are there because they're really common. % is much less common so aside from every other reason they wouldn't add more Unown why would they add those?

Lol, but the % and & could have TWO eyes!

Zoroark-Nightmare
May 22nd, 2010, 10:12 AM
it's a possibility.
I suspect there will be numbers, (123) and symbols (@#$^%). I can't really think that nintendo will be... up to it. XD

Ayselipera
May 22nd, 2010, 10:22 AM
I don't see the point as to why they would add more. I mean they added a nice twist back in the second generation, but now that everyone knows they are fairly weak and useless adding more would just be overkill. ! and ? were somewhat important since they show expression and are commonly used, but adding numbers and other signs would be too much. Especially numbers, that just seems really silly.

Kon~
May 22nd, 2010, 10:44 AM
Agreed; there are too many Unown right now, and I really don't see the need for any more. With the release of HG/SS, the Unown became available in Gen IV, and by compatability, as B/W are going to be on the DS, the Unown can become available in Gen V through trading, therefore would be an unnecessary addition to the Gen V line-up.

WiiMann
May 22nd, 2010, 10:54 AM
o.O I hope not! Those things we're horrible, the only thing they're useful is catching to transfer pokemon from one game to another

DXrobots
May 22nd, 2010, 03:36 PM
An unown based on Japanese kanji? Maybe Elemental unown fire, water, wood, earth, and sky? Each one represented by the Respective Kanji and given a different type. Hell these could be another set of pokemon that are related to the Unown.

Mortalis
May 22nd, 2010, 03:52 PM
Knowing that the Unown represent the alphabet and were found in an ancient cave that only had the alphabet plus "!" and "?", they probably wont make more, seeing as they can't mess with ancient times and such.

cantpickagoodname
May 22nd, 2010, 06:54 PM
I'M SO SICK OF UNOWN. We REALLY don't need more Unown.

NuclearWizard
May 22nd, 2010, 07:08 PM
Twenty-eight is pretty much a good enough number of Unowns, and I'd really not like to go hunting for any larger number than that. When "?" and "!" was added back in the 3rd Generation, I just thought they added them in because they were highly popular symbols that are used with the alphabet. Other symbols like @, >, %, etc. just don't seem necessary. They serve very little purpose other than unlocking certain events in-game; occasionally showing up in other side-stories as well, such as the Arceus event in HG/SS where they showed up. They only learn one move [Hidden Power], have poor stats and don't do much other than float.

In short, please no more Unown forms.
Agreed. Eventually, though, Nintendo will get desperate.

BleuVII
May 22nd, 2010, 10:40 PM
An unown based on Japanese kanji? Maybe Elemental unown fire, water, wood, earth, and sky? Each one represented by the Respective Kanji and given a different type. Hell these could be another set of pokemon that are related to the Unown.

Oooo... this could be interesting. Not unown, but a pokemon LIKE unown. Though they would probably use the following symbols:

日 月 火 水 木 金 土

Which are simply the days of the week. How's this for an idea:
日 - sun (sunday) - psychic type
月 - moon (monday) - dark type
火 - fire (tuesday) - fire type
水 - water (wednesday) - water type
木 - wood (thursday) - grass type
金 - gold (friday) - steel type
土 - earth (saturday) - ground type

It could all be listed under the same pokedex number, but be considered different forms.

Ooo! Another brainstorm! What if it was one pokemon, but it's type changed based on the DS's internal calendar?! I think I'm having a stroke of genius!

Ninja Caterpie
May 22nd, 2010, 11:12 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

I wondered why it took nineteen posts to come up with the number idea. o_O

Ωmega
May 23rd, 2010, 02:54 AM
Sigh...

I want an actual USE for the Unown rather than simply being collector's items. In GSC, introducing them was such a great addition. I thought that the Unown would play some MAJOR part in the game, especially after watching Crystal's opening. Alas, I was proven wrong and disappointed when I learned there was no use. I want an actual USE for the Unown. Maybe if you organize certain Unown in six-letter phrases at certain spots, you get something. That would be nice.

Myles
May 23rd, 2010, 12:31 PM
I would like to see numbers. The only problem is the whole O/0 thing. :/ Maybe they could just ignore 0. I mean nowhere in-game is it explicably refered to as 'O' (that I know of), only in like the Pokemon cards. So it could count as both.

Also, the linguist in me is crying right now, so allow me a geeky moment. A-Z is not the English alphabet. It's the Latin alphabet, which we adopted and grafted the English language to.

I, personally, don't like the English alphabet being called the Latin alphabet. Sure the English alphabet is derived from the Latin alphabet, but it has significant changes. Over the years it gained five new letters (thorn, ampersand/and, J, U and W; before losing two of those) and changed the names of some of the letters.

Guy
May 23rd, 2010, 01:29 PM
I would like to see numbers. The only problem is the whole O/0 thing. :/ Maybe they could just ignore 0. I mean nowhere in-game is it explicably refered to as 'O' (that I know of), only in like the Pokemon cards. So it could count as both.
Technically a zero would have to be implied if they do consider putting in numbered Unowns, as zero is a very significant number. As far as the current Unowns go, "O" is considered the letter "O" because the first 26 Unowns derive from the alphabet. For the number though, they can simply include a stroke through the center of it (i.e. Ø) or they can slim the shape of the Unown itself like how O and 0 is differentiated.

I, personally, don't like the English alphabet being called the Latin alphabet. Sure the English alphabet is derived from the Latin alphabet, but it has significant changes. Over the years it gained five new letters (thorn, ampersand/and, J, U and W; before losing two of those) and changed the names of some of the letters.The English alphabet isn't known as the Latin alphabet, however it does derive from it like you say. As far as the changes go, I consider them quite minor over a significant change. The English alphabet originated from the Latin alphabet, so if one were to call them the same, then they aren't wrong because they share quite a large relationship.

BleuVII
May 23rd, 2010, 02:05 PM
Actually, it's now known as the "Basic Modern Latin Alphabet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_modern_Latin_alphabet)", and it includes all of the basic characters without any diacritics or ligatures (except for W, which is such a common ligature that it has become a letter in its own right). But you are right; original Latin didn't have J, U, and W.

As for numeric unowns, specifically O and 0, they could differentiate them by the shape of the eye. Maybe the numeric ones could have a lid-half-closed look like ! and ?

Kid Ghandi
May 23rd, 2010, 02:41 PM
Have an unown shaped like a mudkip head.

seeker
May 23rd, 2010, 03:15 PM
I feel that there isn't a great need for more unown. In the past if they needed to diaply a number they would simply just spell it. Unown never really had a great purpose in the games though, they were never really much of a mystery either.

If there are to be more additions I would hope that they would be at least somewhat more linked to the storyline and not just be there for the matter of obtaining seals etc.

They do look pretty cool in the Arceus event in HG/SS but again, I think they're just too much decoration and not of great praticality.

Åzurε
May 23rd, 2010, 03:24 PM
Won't somebody think of the Unnites? Those wonderful lower-case figments from the Speculation thread. It's a pipe dream, but having a team of Unown/Unnites fused into a word would be awesome. If they did that, I could stand more Unown.

A-z-u-r-e-!

Myles
May 23rd, 2010, 08:49 PM
Technically a zero would have to be implied if they do consider putting in numbered Unowns, as zero is a very significant number. As far as the current Unowns go, "O" is considered the letter "O" because the first 26 Unowns derive from the alphabet. For the number though, they can simply include a stroke through the center of it (i.e. Ø) or they can slim the shape of the Unown itself like how O and 0 is differentiated.

I didn't think of the cross thing. What made me think of the both used as the same idea was that that's how the original QWERTY keyboard worked, lol. But the cross would be good.

Actually, it's now known as the "Basic Modern Latin Alphabet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_modern_Latin_alphabet)", and it includes all of the basic characters without any diacritics or ligatures (except for W, which is such a common ligature that it has become a letter in its own right). But you are right; original Latin didn't have J, U, and W.

Yeah, but that''s really just made to accomodate people always calling the English alphabet the Latin alphabet imo. Since it isn't really used with real Latin.

As for numeric unowns, specifically O and 0, they could differentiate them by the shape of the eye. Maybe the numeric ones could have a lid-half-closed look like ! and ?

I forgot about the eye thing. Yeah, that'd work too.

Germaniac
May 24th, 2010, 06:45 PM
I really want to see 0-9 Unowns, that isn't bad

Lanturnista
May 24th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Meh, I think it would be pretty pointless to have more Unown. Aren't 28 enough?

sirboulevard
May 24th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Period unown. A flying eye. Thats all it would be.

EmeraldSerenade
May 24th, 2010, 08:22 PM
IMO, I think we already have enough Unowns. A period would be interesting though...

Rapide
May 24th, 2010, 08:56 PM
I guess that's a start. But I don't think the Pokemon Company will put any more Unown in the game. They already have 28, (including the ? and ! Unown) and I don't think they need anymore. Who knows, it's still possible. We'll just have to wait and see.

BleuVII
May 24th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Well, I got intrigued by the "legendary" unown idea that was brought up a couple of days ago and did a quick sketch of my concepts. To recap, Unowns only know Hidden Power, and there are 28 forms. When all 28 are caught, you get the opportunity to catch two gold-colored legendaries, styled after the Greek Alpha and Omega (A and Ω). These two, one male and one female, have full movesets that make them legitimately good pokemon. In addition, the two can only breed with each other, though the offspring will simply be normal Unown. The catch is that the Legendary Unown have the possibility of passing down Egg moves to the Unown. Both the mother and the father have equal opportunities to pass down the moves.

This is just a quick sketch that, in all, took me about 10 minutes to do, but it is my idea of how to style them. I tried to include a lot of triangles in their designs to differentiate them from the other Unown, who tend to favor curves. Remember, they ARE gold-colored. I just didn't have a gold pencil on me.

Here they are: Alfa (♂) and Ohmega (♀)
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/scoteaton/AlphaOmega.jpg

Myles
May 24th, 2010, 10:07 PM

Those look really good. I'd love to see them in the game. I assume they'd be one (each) per game.

BleuVII
May 24th, 2010, 10:10 PM
I hadn't thought about making them version-exclusive... My thought was that you basically get them in order to breed. But you bring up an interesting concept. Maybe that WOULD be cool.

Azzurra
May 24th, 2010, 10:13 PM
It is a possibility, although I'd think it's highly unlikely.

JakeClowd
May 31st, 2010, 01:26 PM
WAIT!
I jut realized unkown are on roman letters (obviously). What happened to the Japanese alphabet. Are their Jap Unknowns too?

Chloè
May 31st, 2010, 01:39 PM
More unknown... is the same as adding more zubat in a cave.
I can understand, if one more so that there is the 'pound' a.k.a. number sign (#) but, alas it is not nescicary. I'd personally rather have a more interesting, and less annoying pokemon, in my opinion.

Xephyr
May 31st, 2010, 01:40 PM
I think they should worry about giving Unown an actual purpose rather than making more <_<

Satoshi_poketo monsta
May 31st, 2010, 08:01 PM
Hahaha! That's a neat Idea about Alpha and Omega! Maybe there's should be Sigma too!

Anyway, Arceus....remember me? http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/icons/icon6.gif

ichuesther
May 31st, 2010, 08:32 PM
More Unown? They are a pain in the butt, in my opinion.
And useless.
I don't understand why they would make more Unown in more shapes. Maybe this time they could be shaped like animals.

Germaniac
May 31st, 2010, 10:00 PM
Hahaha! That's a neat Idea about Alpha and Omega! Maybe there's should be Sigma too!

Anyway, Arceus....remember me? http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/icons/icon6.gif
Of course (what about my request?)

There's unrealesed Unowns from Spell of the Unown, here:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/94/Unreleased_Unown.jpg

PiPVoda
June 1st, 2010, 08:56 AM
WAIT!
I jut realized unkown are on roman letters (obviously). What happened to the Japanese alphabet. Are their Jap Unknowns too?

As long as some of the characters they use aren't from Kanji (way too many Unknown then) I don't see the problem with using some from Hiragana or Katakana.

Rich Boy Rob
June 1st, 2010, 02:03 PM
Why is everyone hating on the Unown? They're cute! I'd be more than happy with more of them.

This is just a quick sketch that, in all, took me about 10 minutes to do, but it is my idea of how to style them. I tried to include a lot of triangles in their designs to differentiate them from the other Unown, who tend to favor curves. Remember, they ARE gold-colored. I just didn't have a gold pencil on me.

You're definitely not the first to have that idea:
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs24/f/2009/254/c/f/I___am_alpha_and_omega_by_Polursine.png (http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=alphunown#/d29ctut)

Also I did something similar quite a while ago:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/265/f/8/Unigma_by_hannan100.png (http://hannan100.deviantart.com/#/d2a304f)

BleuVII
June 1st, 2010, 02:36 PM
You're definitely not the first to have that idea:
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs24/f/2009/254/c/f/I___am_alpha_and_omega_by_Polursine.png (http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=alphunown#/d29ctut)

Also I did something similar quite a while ago:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/265/f/8/Unigma_by_hannan100.png (http://hannan100.deviantart.com/#/d2a304f)

I wasn't claiming to be the first. :) Actually, someone in this thread mentioned them, which gave me the idea. I drew my versions simply because I thought they looked good. The only thing I claim to be original is the idea that these two "Legendary" Unown have the exclusive ability to breed with each other and produce Unown with Egg Moves.

Thanks for posting the other two!

Germaniac
June 2nd, 2010, 01:44 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

Yeah, true, just ten more

Ger Japa
June 2nd, 2010, 07:24 AM
No more please, I'm fed up enough catching these 28 ones already :|

Rich Boy Rob
June 2nd, 2010, 08:52 AM
I wasn't claiming to be the first. :) Actually, someone in this thread mentioned them, which gave me the idea. I drew my versions simply because I thought they looked good. The only thing I claim to be original is the idea that these two "Legendary" Unown have the exclusive ability to breed with each other and produce Unown with Egg Moves.

Thanks for posting the other two!

Yeah I know, I just thought I'd post that one from dA.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
June 2nd, 2010, 01:45 PM
Please. For the love of Miyamoto. NO MORE UNOWNS.

ichuesther
June 2nd, 2010, 02:26 PM
Sure why not. They could easily make more based off of alphabets from other languages. Example:
매일버스가타요, just with that simple Korean sentence they could make like 15 different unknowns and Hangul has over 24 (or 22 can't remember right now) characters. Greek, Russian, Amharic (Ethiopia), Ge'ez, Arabic, Chinese and all these other alphabets or characters (in Mandarin case) could be added and we'd have a hell of a lot of unknown. IMO they should be able to evolve or combine with other unkown to form larger, more powerful unknown. Like the case w/ the Korean I provided. ㅁ- Mieum unkown could combine with ㅐ-ae , ㅇ-ieung, ㅣ- ee, ㄹ and rieul to form 매일 which means every day! xD

That's true about the Korean thing. English probably would have been the simplest one to play off of.
lol, love the idea of them combining to make different forms. Are you Korean? :DD

If they do add more Unowns, I really don't care anymore. I mean, who am I to care? I never paid any attention to them anyway. They could add 100 more and I probably wouldn't notice. I would never catch any unown in my games anyway, and I would use repel whenever i was in those ruins xDD

Tanaki
June 2nd, 2010, 05:26 PM
Unown suck. And even if there was a key unown to unlock something, it's not worth it. They all die from relatively weak amounts of damage, they're normally rounded off at level 10-20 at a time when your pokemon are 10 levels stronger and I'm sure if you want the key you'd have to get all 26 unown, show them to someone, find the 2 others, show them to that same person, then go through the ruins again, walk down some long corridor to enter a room with all the other 28 unown mashed together with the key unown.

altariaking
June 3rd, 2010, 11:20 AM
i really hope they don't add more. they are completely pointless and adding more just increases their chance of being in the Isshu dex.
/I
O
_I_
^that's unown one, looking at it, there's really no point.