PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Delights with the Fifth-Generation thus far?

knook
May 21st, 2010, 02:42 PM
Well, this is of course the thread that runs against the idea of the 'disappointments' thread! I feel we need to be far more positive about this game and what we can see in it.

So here we are, my friends, share your own personal delights with this generation and give this forum a more positive and hopeful feel.

-----------------

Personally I'm liking the new cities, when I was younger I was a massive fan of Pokémon but was somewhat indifferent to the games.

My main gripe was always that cities (in the games) didn't have the feeling of grandeur that we saw in the Animé series and it always turned me off the games a wee bit because I saw them as (yes, I know now that the games came first) untrue to what I believed to be Kanto.

Some of you may hate the new cities but I for one LOVE them, yes my friends, I love the new cities.

Now open up your hearts and tell me what you love

Yingxue
May 21st, 2010, 03:06 PM
I love Tsutaja and his smugness.
I also love what I'm seeing so far from Hiun City- It's so cool. :'D

Oh, and animated sprites = win

dooxer
May 21st, 2010, 03:06 PM
umm i haven't actually played the game as of yet (lol) so...

i suppose having another lizard grass is AWESOMEEEEEEE but it all depends on how it turns out to be.

FloatingClouds
May 21st, 2010, 03:10 PM
Animated battleing sprites FTW!!!
Nah, theyt just look so friggen awesome I wasz just like :) :D :P
Its because I just always thought to myself " wtf is the pokemon just still and fire is coming from its head??

Tyros
May 21st, 2010, 03:12 PM
I love having a fire starter that I'll use again. :3 Chimchar's farting to keep the flame on its tail lit really turned me off to it. >__>; Made it feel kinda derpy to me. Something about the whole fire monkey thing didn't appeal to me, either.

But so far, I'm absolutely loving pretty much everything about gen V. I enjoy each and every starter, the new locations and graphics, the new main characters... This is gonna be wonderful.

- Tyros

knook
May 21st, 2010, 03:16 PM
Wow, It's so good to seem some positivity here!
Yes, the new battling animations do look amazing and I'm actually quite excited to see some of the previous generation characters using them.

I'm loving the Fire-Starter too but it seems there's not much love for him.

allBlue
May 21st, 2010, 03:18 PM
Its gonna be very well refreshing to play a brand new generation of pokemons. A lot of unknowns areas, pokemons to explore and encounter makes the game very exciting. Its been what...4 years since the last generation :D

knook
May 21st, 2010, 03:19 PM
Its gonna be very well refreshing to play a brand new generation of pokemons. A lot of unknowns areas, pokemons to explore and encounter makes the game very exciting. Its been what...4 years since the last generation :D

Gosh, has it really been so long?
Well, that only excites me more, we can see how much technology has advanced since then :)

Tyros
May 21st, 2010, 03:53 PM
Oh yeah, the battle animations! I can't wait to see how nice all those look. It'd be awesome if they decided to make all the moves that hit with physical contact actually involve the Pokemon running forward and striking the other.

Of course, that'd take a lot of animation.

And as for Mr. Fire Pig's popularity... I'm pretty sure it's gonna change when its final form is revealed. I'm pretty positive that it's gonna be an amazingly hardcore boar with flames all down its back, and bursting from every joint.
That's what I'm hoping for.

- Tyros

Bunny69
May 21st, 2010, 03:58 PM
I the starters are FAN-FRICKEN-TASTIC.

Oh, and of course animated sprites.

Anuhrima
May 21st, 2010, 04:07 PM
3D and no more 2D, Wooh Yea.

And the starters are a gift also.

Volroc
May 21st, 2010, 04:15 PM
*subscribes to thread*
finally a YAY for 5th Gen thread XD

---------

anyways i love the fully animated sprites, the awesome new camera angles, and i absolutely LOVE the new beginners far better than the sinnoh ones XD (minus water where piplup is clearly superior)

also the NYC = huinn is just plain awesome XD

A Pixy
May 21st, 2010, 05:43 PM
Better graphics.

Graphics are awesome sauce. o3o

allBlue
May 21st, 2010, 06:50 PM
I'm also taking it as a glimpse of what they can potentially come up with for 3DS pokemon games. Imagine a full 3D environment sprites similar to final fantasy crystal chronicle/rune factories etc on DS. If this rocks on DS, then it'll rock even more on 3DS :)

RyanGT
May 21st, 2010, 06:54 PM
Just the fact that there will be a fifth generation is quite delightful in itself.

loliwin
May 21st, 2010, 07:01 PM
The 3D is INSANELY AWESOME. XDDDD

Plus animated sprites win and the protagonists win.

And also the starters XD

typhlosionLV80
May 21st, 2010, 07:14 PM
I havent seen these "animated sprites" but they sound awesome.

Eurydice
May 21st, 2010, 08:06 PM
i really like the graphics. the citys look pretty awesome as well. i really really like the starters to i will have a slight issue with what one to start with. :/

vibratingcat
May 21st, 2010, 09:58 PM
i'm liking the protagonists, the city actually being a city, new graphics and battle animations. XD

Dillon_68
May 21st, 2010, 09:59 PM
I have a feeling that Mijumaru is going to be my favorite starter of all time, I can't wait to own it! (I'm naming it Conch)

And I love Hiun City, the new battle system with the moving camera/sprites, and I love the picture with the railroad trains that you can walk along. Not to mention that beautiful street with the market and the building that can be entered horizontally. This game will be EPIC, almost too much to take in!

Zenith95s
May 21st, 2010, 10:09 PM
Oh man!
They're awesome!
Mostly Mijumaru and Tsutaja!
Love the protagonists...<3

And the cities, superb!

Rei Shingetsu
May 21st, 2010, 10:15 PM
The 3D!
Moving Pokemon in battle appeals me.
+ Very cool guy character to start off with!
&& Tsutaja is loved.

Tyrantrum
May 21st, 2010, 11:58 PM
Honestly, I like everything about it, except for the fact that we don't know if Pokémon will be able to follow you or not anymore. Other than that, I like everything about the game so far.

SolarAbusoru
May 22nd, 2010, 12:35 AM
Am I allowed to use the words:
I'm loving everything so far.
???

Haza
May 22nd, 2010, 01:37 AM
Definitely Tsutaja and the new dynamic animated sprites during battle. Also, the fact that all of the starters are to my liking.

curiousnathan
May 22nd, 2010, 02:17 AM
Contiually animated battle sprites are a great, new asset to the new generation.
The starters are good, but may need some getting used to.
Hiun city it spectacular and brings a positive and anxious wait that makes me want to play as soon as possible.

~Wind~
May 22nd, 2010, 03:39 AM
Everything.
The moving sprites are great, and everything looks more, uh, realistic?
But my favourite is that the pokemon look normal again (unlike gen IV) seing Zoroark made me so happy!
He's just like the awesome pokemon of 3rd gen, (my favourite gen it had great enviroments, great pokes, great extras like the animation of kyogre, groudon and rayquaza at the end of the storyline and great characters!) maybe theyll have some varying landscape?
(like 3rd gen XD)

Wind

Danikamakaze
May 22nd, 2010, 03:59 AM
So far I'm excited for B&W...
Tsutaja and Zoroark YEAAAAH.
Constantly moving sprites YEAAAAH.

... YEAAAAAAAAH.

Penutz
May 22nd, 2010, 04:05 AM
Im going to have to look at evo's to decide on starters. But they look really good!!!

If the water bear is going to be part ice im definetly taking it!!! If the pig's final form is all tanky that will be my 2nd option, Grass boy is alright

Timbjerr
May 22nd, 2010, 04:29 AM
Instead of writing this wall of text again, allow me to copy+paste a comment I left in Ryan's blog last week. XD

"This is coming from someone who's known to be stubborn and nitpicky as possible when it comes to any sequel in their favorite game series. I love what I've seen of B/W so far. There, I've said it.

"Zorua and Zoroark look like interesting, if a bit cliche in appearance, pokemon, what with the unconfirmed ability for zoroark to copy his opponent's stats and all.

"The starters are actually quite original conceptually. We've never seen a grass-type snake or a fire-type pig before, and even though a water-type otter has been done before Mijumaru has a completely different aesthetic than Buizel does, so it's cool. I can't wait to see what they evolve into either. I'm looking forward to seeing a Forest-themed T-Rex, a wild boar with a flaming body, and a ferocious amphibious bear. Badass.

"As for the protagonists, I love the fact that Gamefreak has officially made them older. I mean, they've been looking older every generation, and it is a little disconcerting to hear that May and Dawn are supposed to be ten. The other major implication is that the story will likely be written a lot differently than previous games, No longer are you a ten-year-old kid on an adventure just to be on an adventure. You're now going to be a teenager who was most likely summoned to adventure for some significant reason. Who knows?"

...yeah, that pretty much sums up everything I love about GenV. :P

~Wind~
May 22nd, 2010, 04:59 AM
B/W sounds like a car so I like that.
hahaha thats kinda funny.
After looking at the starters for a while, ive realised that they're not as bad as i initially thought, ive grown used to them (much quicker than it took for the sinnoh starters, blergh) and i think that tsutaja is my fave.
it so cute!

Wind

Cyberglass
May 22nd, 2010, 06:14 AM
I'm loving that there's a city that isn't square, has tall buildings, and is huge, but that there are still routes with caves and forests. That one one of the few things I didn't like about the Colosseum series, that they didn't have routes.

Other than that, the older characters will appeal to a wider audience and hopefully it will mean a more sophisticated or involved plot. I was pleasantly surprised at the starters: they are a huge step forward from Generation IV. Also loving the new battle animation. In short, I like prettymuch everything we've seen thus far.

tvoza2
May 22nd, 2010, 06:17 AM
for once i actually like the grass starter, and i also love the moving graphics going into the mainstream games, and not being restricted to colluseum, xd, and battle revolution.

Toshiro.
May 23rd, 2010, 09:22 AM
Loving the new graphics the most, especially the new battle scenes with animated sprites.

Kanto_Johto
May 23rd, 2010, 11:07 AM
When I saw Hiun City I nearly shat a brick. Can't wait for the new 3D features/Big cities.

Myles
May 23rd, 2010, 11:51 AM
I really love the battle animation. That Raikou vs Entei/Zoroark battle is epic.

I also like the country-sort-of feel to the home town. Rather than just the generic down, but smaller, that it usually is.

Blue
May 23rd, 2010, 12:14 PM
It's much different to all the other games, Yeah I like what I see so far, I already know who im choosing for the Starter (Fire) Pokabu I think it is, Can't wait for more Screenshots/Gameplay

Zorua
May 23rd, 2010, 12:18 PM
I like, the graphics, I like everything that Gen V has given so far. At first, when the starters were revealed, I was sorta weirded out initially, but they've all grown on me. Yes, all of them, and there's not one that I really dislike.

The 3D-ness and the modern culture addition is a really nice add too. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with what I've seen so far, and hopefully they'll continue to surprise me with more. :D

abnegation
May 23rd, 2010, 03:55 PM
The aesthetic changes in the games are simply astonishing, I love the new battle system, it really stands out from the previous games. The way in which the sprites are no longer just static but instead they are always in motion really adds a sense of realism to battles and almost makes them seem real-time. The camera also moves with the attacks making battling so much more fast past and not so drawn out. The new battle system really draws my attention in these games and no longer will I just be rushing through battles but I feel that they will be that much more thrilling and realistic.

The graphics are also now more realistic, rather than that psuedo 3D we had in HGSS we actually have a fuly implemented 3D system. The bridges look simply amazing in some of the screenshots and I'm really digging the new OW's. It seems now that you can zoom in and out from various screenshots I've seen, some areas being up close others being zoomed out, it would be a nice feature to have. The graphics remind me of a cross between TWEWY and the Pokemon: Colleseum spin offs for the game cube and N64. It's a step in the right direction if pokemon are to contend on the DS and it's future consoles.

The depth of the Zoroark event is also pretty cool, seeing it's new ability "illusion" gives me high expectations for the other new pokemon in the game. With the dynamics we've seen of certain new ares such as the electo-magnectic caves it'll be interesting to see what pokemon they insert in the game.

Overall I'm ecstatic from what I've seen and Gen V for me, has to be my most anticipated game in a long long time.

Mew396
May 24th, 2010, 02:36 PM
I gotta say I like the new 3-d the most and behind that I like the fully animated sprites. The only thing I don't like so far is the starter Mijumaru. It's just kind of weird looking compared to the other two.

pieguy259
May 24th, 2010, 02:41 PM
I love the new protagonists. They remind me of two original characters of mine, actually (interestingly enough, said characters would have been the male and female protagonists of a rom hack I'd been contemplating - called Black or White).

I like the new starters, they have grown on me - but I'm actually NOT a fan of Tsutaja. Dunno why.

ThePinkDragon
May 24th, 2010, 02:55 PM
I agree about the protagonists being awesome. Another article mentioned how 'frail' the females all look in this new game, but that seems to be getting reformed.

The graphics are gorgeous. I think the 3D will be awesome.

The starters. 'Nuff said.

And like most everyone else said, the battles. Animated sprites with more realistic motions?! I want to see my Bayleef whip out a knife and stab someone every time I use 'Cut'! :D Not really, but seriously, seeing some of these moves become more real would be A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

SIN1488
May 24th, 2010, 05:35 PM
I like the new grass starter more and more every time I see it. I hope it's evolutions don't disappoint me though.

Volroc
May 24th, 2010, 05:40 PM
i found a video on youtube, of the player walkin threw huinn, and im impressed at how lively it looks, my hopes are gettin VERY high lol

Kipher
May 24th, 2010, 05:43 PM
I mean I lost appeal in the games in the 3rd gen. Not enough depth as a story for me, just the genaric wussy Bad guys taking over an uber being beaten by a kid who then defeats cross dressing adults.

I mean story is just one of those things that'll turn me on or off. that's why I look upon Mystery Dungeon with more appeal.

Lanturnista
May 24th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Pretty much everything so far. It all looks great. I especially like how the Pokémon constantly move in battle. That's the sort of feature I would've jumped around in happiness about when I was ten. XD

Azzurra
May 24th, 2010, 10:47 PM
I haven't really seen enough to be able to feel disappointment, but I am happy with what I've heard they've added thus far.

knook
May 25th, 2010, 10:10 AM
I can't believe I forgot about the moving of the Pokémon, admittedly I was somewhat indifferent about it to begin with but now I'm just loving it

fenyx4
May 25th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Everything so far. :D

Zoroark, the game names, the protagonists, the starter Pokemon (I'm picking Pokabu, but Mijumaru will dominate the haters! Tsutaaja will rock as well!), the expansiveness of the cities, train tracks in a forest, construction site... :D With momentum like this I am confident that Generation V will succeed! (I'm going to look at the battle screen only when I actually get the game. From what I've heard, it sounds awesome. I hope the HP bar is thick and not skinny...a minor gripe I had with RSE)

miley810
June 4th, 2010, 07:45 PM
The things think is on the up side is the great grafics and the sweet starter pokemon.And would everybody stop being so crule to the water pokemon!I bet if they saw it saw that it turned into a ultra cool pokemon they wouldn't say that!

zNickhs
June 4th, 2010, 07:49 PM
I keep a little pokefan, 12 years old ...

Pokemon.. 4 EVAH

Are da pokemons going to be so good in this new generation? FIRE FIRE FIRE *_*(

MrsNorrington
June 4th, 2010, 08:13 PM
I'm glad to finally see a thread about the positive aspects of the game. I know there's a few things I'm worried about and things that I don't like-I know I just need to develop a taste for those things, adjusting to a new Pokemon region and new generation of Pokemon is always a bit difficult at first for someone who's loved it from the very start. It's just the fear of change-change for the worse that causes me anxiety, because sometimes as more things come out in a franchise, it get worse. But with Pokemon I've never been disappointed in the past, so I shouldn't worry too much. I've always worried before a new game came out, but then I end up loving every bit of the game!

We really shouldn't be so negative about the game. It's a game, it's meant to be enjoyed.

I'm really looking forward to the animated battling! And the grass and water starters are cute ^.^ I'm also -both excitedly and nervously-looking forward to seeing more new Pokemon!

IcyArceusRider
June 4th, 2010, 08:17 PM
I just ADORE the designs for Reshiram and Zekrom, and the awesome animated sprites!

インフェルノの津波
June 28th, 2010, 12:03 AM
I made this thread because of how many complaints there are about Gen 5.

Listen. Y'all are tearing apart this thing because of how different it looks from what we know.

I'm not saying don't criticize it, no, I'm just saying don't judge a book by it's cover. You haven't even played it yet, and still you're still judging it.

How about you actually take time to really look at it(meaning wait until it's out, and then judge all you want.)

But that's not why I'm a bit angry. Nope. It's cause you're all being picky.

I want to notice something about all those threads. All those people who criticized took one thing they didn't like, and made it into something bad.

I'm really not saying not to have an opinion, but don't be picky. Actually take some time to really look at it, and then type about it. That's it. Actually have some constructive criticism, okay?

That's the angry part of the thread. Now for the other part:

What do you actually like about Gen 5? Me, almost everything. Just one problem, I think it's a bit blocky, but hey, it's 3D, what's to complain?

(Now to save for a 3DS...)

Calder
June 28th, 2010, 12:05 AM
It's blocky because it is in early alpha stage lol and I really like everything but some Pokemon look off and the region is crazy weird and people not believing it is NY when it is the most related area that it looks like so just go with it until they say otherwise.

Mujahid
June 28th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Almost everything...just some very minor things which should change but i'll probably ignore 'em..so yeah.. i love it

インフェルノの津波
June 28th, 2010, 12:12 AM
I think for the first time, they're putting things from this world into that world, taking parts of the world and mix it up.

Or maybe it's Korea, or Shikoku.

Palantides
June 28th, 2010, 01:12 AM
It's blocky because it is in early alpha stage lol and I really like everything but some Pokemon look off and the region is crazy weird and people not believing it is NY when it is the most related area that it looks like so just go with it until they say otherwise.

It's only a few months until it's Japanese release, so it wouldn't be an Alpha stage. It would most likely be early-middle Beta stage. I'd also say the area seems to be more like Hong Kong than New York (just based on the mountainous terrain makes me think that though).

As for what I like about it, the region looks fantastic, the two trainer choices look normal to the area they're in (well the female trainer has some odd hair, but that's not too bad, compared to in Diamond and Pearl where both characters are in clothes that are not suited for a cold environment; and Platinum didn't change that really). The initial starters give me that pokemon feel the way the originals did (the ones released just recently seem overdrawn, but I'm not going to pass a final judgment on some small images that are not entirely clear)

Yeah... That's about all I can say right now, since there's still a lot about the game that I don't know. But I am definitely excited for it.

Also, I just have to say, this place is a welcome change from Gamefaqs (where every post about something new has someone mentioning the Airport).

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
June 28th, 2010, 01:19 AM
^ Welcome to Palantides!

I'm loving the changes. As I said in the Oha Suta thread, Pokémon has felt the same ol' same ol' for a bit long now. I love Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, but they've all had the same feel to them, with the same story-lines (more or less). Black and White look like they're going to be totally different, and that's a good thing - sure, if it ain't broke don't fix it, but to me it's more a case of rebooting a franchise that is in danger of going stale.

Ninja Caterpie
June 28th, 2010, 01:30 AM
I like every single thing about these new games. Everything.

except maybe munna and goth/gaga/ralts/medicham thing

Ravecat
June 28th, 2010, 01:38 AM
It's blocky because it is in early alpha stage lol
No. It's late beta, if not finished already.
Two completely different phases in game development.

o0PinkSquid0o
June 28th, 2010, 01:42 AM
I loved everything about the games until... those ghastly new pokemon!! (lulz pun)

I know its hard to judge them before we even know what they are but ughhh I dunno, something about them just seems weird. I've loved all the new pokemon so far (besides munna and gear) until these new ones were released today...

but I am willing to change my mind once proper pics of them come out + stats etc :)

Triple battles will be awesommme!!

Beyerful
June 28th, 2010, 02:15 AM
-All the starters, love them all :) I am fully torn about which to choose so I am going to wait for their evos
-All new pokemon apart from Hihidaruma and Desukan.
-Roller coaster gym, honey gym (assuming it's a gym)
-Huin city
-Isshu looks like it has some amazing variety
-constantly animated sprites
-pokemon moves/stats/etc. interface looks awesome
-triple battles
-the electrical cave
-the forest
-New Professor
-new battle system (especially calling out pokemon)
-Claw sharpen, gear saucer, wild bolt, night burst
-Earthquake Spiral
-Male trainer design
-Pokemon appearing in wild animation (arriving from shadows :D)
-Animation for getting in battle (warping kinda thing)
-Sky arrow bridge

I think thats enough happiness for now :D

Calder
June 28th, 2010, 02:17 AM
No. It's late beta, if not finished already.
Two completely different phases in game development.

Oh look who is fighting me just to fight its none else then the Ravecat haha Wow isn't that weird.

Ninja Caterpie
June 28th, 2010, 02:35 AM
Oh look who is fighting me just to fight its none else then the Ravecat haha Wow isn't that weird.

Funny, isn't that exactly what you did to Aoi in the other thread? Correcting him, weren't you?

alright, let's not fight though, this is just off-topic and stupid. Who cares whether it's in early alpha or mid-beta stage? All we need to know is it's not finished yet. If all else fails, let's just say they've got dodgy recording software, k?

Patchisou Yutohru
June 28th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Almost everything...just some very minor things which should change but i'll probably ignore 'em..so yeah.. i love it
I agree with this post. Up until the new videos were released, I liked absolutely everything about the new generation. The thing that got me to start getting upset about it were the new Pokémon. I like the battle system - love it, actually, I like the way people move out of your way automatically when you're trying to go somewhere, I like the way dialogue works - with RPG style actually taking place and seeing the actions of the other character move their lips, I like the region map and how it generally feels, I've even grown to like the legendaries. The only thing I don't like are the new Pokémon just shown in the newest videos. They're so overdone, they don't even look like Pokémon, which I guess isn't really that good of a statement since I don't even know the look of a Pokémon anymore, and that's something that bothers me when others say it, so... I guess it's kind of hypocritical of me to say that. But they do look more like Yu-Gi-Oh cards than anything.

Esmas
June 28th, 2010, 07:32 AM
I have not seen a single thing in the games which even touch my dislike.

Charmageddon
June 28th, 2010, 07:41 AM
The overworld graphics and the 3D elements are great. It looks like we'll be seeing a more expansive and high-detail world, which'll be great. Also the trainers and other characters look great. Tsutajari, Pokabu and the croc one look awesome.

BeachBoy
June 28th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Merged two "what do you like" threads together.

Dominus Temporis
June 28th, 2010, 07:59 AM
I have not seen a single thing in the games which even touch my dislike.
Oh, this, all the way. Every new piece of info we get excites me. I am greatly looking forward to these games, same as HeartGold/SoulSilver before them, and Platinum before them, and so on and so forth. I will be having fun with these games regardless of anybody else's petty complaints.

Jaiyke
June 28th, 2010, 08:30 AM
I'm just happy that Pokemon has been around for this long, and that it is evolving itself.
I mean,at this rate, for some reason i feel it'll outlive myself. O_O
For me... i just like that they've done all this
So, i like Every Aspect of Every New game.. who am i to hate on something that they worked on for a year or more =\
i mean i'll admit that 4 of the new Pokemon revealed on Oha Suta kind of made me wince
but to get over that I will use them a couple of times in Battle to see if they're really "bad" in a sense...

Bloothump
June 28th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Well, this generation, or what we've seen of it so far, looks awesome. I've liked almost everything I've seen. But all in all, my favorites would have to be the following:

The new graphics. Walking around Hiun's city streets is a breathtaking site. And I want to say that it's less the graphics themselves, even though they are phenomenal, and more the cinematic viewpoints and camera angles. Many have criticized the ever-changing perspective, but I personally see it only as a way to get me further sucked into the game. In other words, it makes everything more realistic, which I like.

Second delight, would have to be the new approach on battling, more specifically when with a wild pokemon. Sure, moving sprites are amazing, but my excitement from that has somewhat worn off. Something I noticed in a Pokemon Sunday Clip this week, is that when encountering a wild pokemon, the scene has changed. Since the very first generation, the dimmed pokemon has merely moved across the screen until in place, then it brightens. I've noticed that in this game, you start out with the camera zoomed in on the dimmed pokemon. It pans around, circling the pokemon about one quarter of the way. Then, it zooms out and the pokemon is brought to original brightness and it says "Wild whatsitsname has appeared!" It's a small change but really it's the little things that matter.

Overall the game is going to be amazing, I know it.

Jm20
June 28th, 2010, 08:59 AM
I feel really double about Black and White...

I really love the looks of the new battles: The moving Pokés and moving camera really enhances battling. Some Pokémon are nice too. However, I am actually very dissapointed about a few things:
- The region map: It isn't drawed in the same style as previous maps. Where are all the towns? I only see one big city and a lot of ruins and abstract buildings. The regions also isn't based on an existing place in Japan or the world. Gamefreak really missed a chance with Shikoku! The overall design of Isshu is besides that also very plain and boring.
- Some Pokémon are really eyehurting ugly. As Patchisou Yutohru already mentioned: They look more like Yu-Gi-Oh or Beyblades that Pokémon. Other, however, look very good. Pokabu and the Thunder-zebra for example could be Kanto-Pokémon. They are very well designed. However, a lot of the new Pokémon are ugly.
- Why did they merge the mart and Pokécentre? That wasn't neccesary. I guess we'll get used to it.

Bloothump
June 28th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Jm20, this thread is about the positive feelings you have for the game not the negative ones, xP

PsychoJigglypuff
June 28th, 2010, 09:19 AM
^ Welcome to Palantides!

I'm loving the changes. As I said in the Oha Suta thread, Pokémon has felt the same ol' same ol' for a bit long now. I love Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, but they've all had the same feel to them, with the same story-lines (more or less). Black and White look like they're going to be totally different, and that's a good thing - sure, if it ain't broke don't fix it, but to me it's more a case of rebooting a franchise that is in danger of going stale.
I couldn't agree more. I love the Pokemon franchise and all, but after a while, it feels like you're playing the same game, but the area is different. Sure, the Pokemon are different too, but your strategies haven't changed. I like how they are trying to make this a more unique experience, instead of just making the same thing with a new face and a couple of tweaks.

XxRogueTrainerxX
June 28th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Some of the opinions I've seen have surprised me, most notably the ones referring to the designs of the new Pokémon. Honestly, I don't enjoy the new designs. They lack in creativity, but I don't believe they're running out of ideas. I specified this in the Oha Suta thread, but I'm saying it again.

As for the positives, I really enjoy the new battle animations. You can infer that the developers had a vision of making the battles more realistic. The quality is sharper and more refined. The only downside is that they kept the original backgrounds from Diamond and Pearl.

enderalex
June 28th, 2010, 09:45 AM
i dont like the new pokemon that were just revealed but i loooooove everything else, especially the animated scenes,3d buildings, and also the battle selection screen, idk why but i love it :p

Solon.
June 28th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Only thing im not liking ish teh triple battle crap :3 I mean REALLY, i don't even really like double battling in-game (Not counting Wifi) because it's kinda suckish. o3o

Waki Tobaye
June 28th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Pokemon: I really like Smugleaf :3 It's just plain awesome. I like Shimama, the Plasma-bear one (unnamed) and Desukan.

Places: I LOVE all of the new locations.

Characters: I like the new characters designs. And the customization for WiFi option looks promising.

Blueknight
June 28th, 2010, 05:54 PM
I'm really liking the grtaphics update, And the 3D effects. They are simply AMAZING!

I'm also liking the Grass starter, Reshiram, Zoarark, the chinchilla, the electric zebra, and the electric tarantula. Those are pokemon I already like from generation 5.

I also like the rival.

Overall, my Delights severely outweigh the Disappointments.

Bamboo Basara
June 28th, 2010, 06:35 PM
I love almost all of the new Pokemon revealed. Game Freak's creativity is reaching new heights and I'm ecstatic about it.

Ravecat
June 28th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Dude, I can't help being right all the time.

It's just who I am.

Ninja Caterpie
June 28th, 2010, 11:34 PM
The fact that it's very, very much like RSE.

New mechanics, sort of, the music is similar and as are the new Pokemon. :D

Owl
June 29th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Some of the Pokemon look ok, the 3d effects look cool too.

SIN1488
June 30th, 2010, 05:20 AM
I'm happy that they finally made an Egyptian type pokemon, which is that sarcophagus one that will probably be ghost type. I also like some of the other ones Serebii revealed yesterday.

Kizerzin
June 30th, 2010, 05:53 AM
The fact that the pokemon look really different from pokemon from any other generations , the new storyline aspects that nintendo keeps mentioning , The starters are great compared to DIamon and Pearl..except Turtwig he was epic , and lastly the new graphics are win...oh yeah one more thing I think Tauros is gonna get a EVO to make it like a texas longhorn.

knook
August 13th, 2010, 08:08 AM
I think my latest one has to be that the games are finally different, looking at the screenshots, the versions have completely different tile-sets, with White having nature as a main theme, such as the run-down buildings covered in vines and Black has a sleek, metallic look going for it

Forever
August 13th, 2010, 08:11 AM
This thread hasn't been posted in since June and therefore is dead.

Locked.