PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] New Battle System

Mortalis
May 22nd, 2010, 03:37 PM
They have now officially revealed the battle system, and it's massive improvements. Watch the two videos below for a exclusive look at the amazing upcoming addition!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Mk9i_sz68Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Mk9i_sz68Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

[ Skip to 4:04 for Battle Scene Below ]
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jVfaJKuk4O4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jVfaJKuk4O4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Wow, I'm amazed. This is a definite buy now, no doubt. The Pokemon are ... actually alive. Makes me wonder what more future games will hold now.

umbreon_4_life
May 22nd, 2010, 04:12 PM
I know! These are amazing! I love how they move when they're not just using an attack! XD I can't wait!

Mortalis
May 22nd, 2010, 04:16 PM
Haha ! Yeah, I know. It's going to be an amazing game, just because of this and the new camera movements too ~

Pearlone
May 22nd, 2010, 04:22 PM
Crazy Japanese people getting better and better at these games :D

Mortalis
May 22nd, 2010, 04:27 PM
Crazy Japanese people getting better and better at these games :D

And I want to snoogle them for it ! >:3
Game Freak is god of Pokemon and ham.

Timbjerr
May 22nd, 2010, 05:30 PM
Well...mechanically, everything's the same as far was we know, it's all aesthetic, so the thread title is a bit of a misnomer. XD

Either way, I can't express how awesome this looks enough...very impressive stylistically speaking. :P

Eurydice
May 22nd, 2010, 05:31 PM
wow i love the new battle system ^_^

Conan Edogawa
May 22nd, 2010, 05:32 PM
I really don't like the idea of having the sprites move in battle. Constant motion is going to get really annoying, hopefully there will be an option to shut it off.

███
May 22nd, 2010, 05:38 PM
I really don't like the idea of having the sprites move in battle. Constant motion is going to get really annoying, hopefully there will be an option to shut it off.

but it looks so cool it wouldn't hurt to have them move :D

Mortalis
May 22nd, 2010, 05:42 PM
You can probably turn it off via options menu ...

Well...mechanically, everything's the same as far was we know, it's all aesthetic, so the thread title is a bit of a misnomer. XD

xD, well, I named it new 'Battle System' because of the also moving camera's and update moveset, and I believe CoroCoro and Pokemon Sunday also commented on new details and such for the battle. Plus, I think It translated into; "New Battle System Emerges !!" So, that's basically how I got the title.

batmon
May 22nd, 2010, 05:57 PM
I don't know about it, it would take time getting use to it for me. Everytime I play a home console game I have to get use to constantly moving sprites.

MuRd3riNGQu33nX
May 22nd, 2010, 06:08 PM
If you ask me I'd say it's the same besides the sprites moving, and the screen moving, it's not like they put in new mechanics or anything to actually change how you attack, it's pretty much the same imo.

███
May 22nd, 2010, 06:10 PM
well after watching the first vid when you use aurora sphere(i think) it goes faster than what it normally does now

Ninja Caterpie
May 22nd, 2010, 06:45 PM
It's much faster, which is great. The one irk I had with Gen IV was how slow it was. The movement is pretty cool, although some of it looks a bit...mechanical, y'know? The one with the otter thing doesn't help its image as a clown. Entei's is pretty good, but Raikou's looks like a horse ride at a carnival, buckling up and down.

I do hope there's a way to turn it off. "Battle system - STATIC <-> DYNAMIC" or something similar in the options menu.

Iqid Loopz
May 22nd, 2010, 07:12 PM
It would be pretty cool and awsome, if they added a "Dodge" option that last for 1-3 seconds while the opponet is attacking. But I like the new battle system.

Hydrath
May 22nd, 2010, 07:24 PM
Those videos are only showing the graphical changes in battle, nothing really to call it a new battle system. If I'm not mistaking they did announce minor changes are to come, but so far nothing has been released.

Kirbychu
May 22nd, 2010, 08:03 PM
The battle system hasn't changed as far as we know. The battle system is the game's mechanics, not the sprites that are used in the battles.

HugSomebody
May 22nd, 2010, 08:08 PM
The Pokemon attacks seem to be faster! =D That's a huge improvement in my opinion. The moving sprites don't really matter to me, but it'll be interesting to see what it'll be like battling with active sprites.

Bloothump
May 22nd, 2010, 08:28 PM
While I love the new moving system, and the faster speed, it all looks kind of... creepy.I'm sure I'll get over it eventually.

MistahDude
May 22nd, 2010, 09:12 PM
You can probably turn it off via options menu ...

xD, well, I named it new 'Battle System' because of the also moving camera's and update moveset, and I believe CoroCoro and Pokemon Sunday also commented on new details and such for the battle. Plus, I think It translated into; "New Battle System Emerges !!" So, that's basically how I got the title.

When companies change something they want you to accept it as better. If they give you the option of going back to the old way they will have wasted time and money on changing it in the first place.

Game Freak did not let you turn the following pokemon off. Youtube did not let you change the channel or video page back. Facebook didn't let you go back to the original layouts.

So when they make something different you have to Spheal with it.

Went
May 23rd, 2010, 12:07 AM
Uh, that's old news, we already got a thread about this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=218737

Check before making a new thread, there aren't that many around this board yet D: