PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy discussion

Late
May 23rd, 2010, 07:20 AM
Title says everything needed.

My favorites:

1. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA)
Awesome game with lot of missions, good story, funny jobs and battle system.
Good way to kill some time.

2. Final Fantasy (NES) and it's remake (GBA, PS1)
This is where everything began. I've almost beaten the game. I don't know why I couldn't find last boss (Chaos) but it doesn't matter. Have to buy this on my Wii as it finally came to Europe.

3. Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales (DS)
Good story, funny and hard mini-games.
I like Chocobos!

Dunno why I really like these so much :D
I have also played FF2, FF3, FF4, FF7, FF8, FFX, FFT and few others.

thedestinedblade
May 23rd, 2010, 08:14 AM
It's probably between FFV and FFIX for me. FFV while the not the most popular in the series, had it's own unique charm. The class system was fun, music is personally my favorite from any FF game, and it was definitely a challenge. Then we have FFIX. This is the game that got me into the whole RPG genre of games. It brings back the old school FF feel. I loved the cast of characters, story, and the numerous side quests. (Aside from the Chocograph one. :/)

Crystal-Heart
May 23rd, 2010, 03:46 PM
Having played all the main Final Fantasy titles, along with a few spin-offs, I can easily say my favorites are in this order

Storyline
1) Final Fantasy VI - SNES, PSone, GBA
2) Final Fantasy IV - SNES, PSone, GBA, NDS
3) Final Fantasy VII/VIII/XIII - PSone/PSone/PS3

Gameplay
1) Final Fantasy VII - PSone
2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3
3) Final Fantasy X - PS2

I also really love Dissidia Final Fantasy.

superbenA2002
May 23rd, 2010, 03:53 PM
Final Fantasy III-VI. I have played a fan translation of Final Fantasy III NES/Famicom and I played the DS version after that and I didn't like the DS version because they changed too much in it.

Algo Fonix
May 23rd, 2010, 04:49 PM
Final Fantasy VI. The world, story, characters, music... they were all perfect, to me. As far as Final Fantasy goes, anyways.

SacredMiKeY
May 25th, 2010, 04:10 AM
ff9 because the story is great and zidane is the man XD

Cherrim
May 25th, 2010, 05:13 AM
I've only played 3/7/8/10/10-2/12/13 but I own a few others and intend to play them all sometime.

Out of those I've played, my favourites are either VII or XIII. But I haven't finished XIII yet so I probably shouldn't peg it as my favourite unfairly. They're my favourites because of the characters first and foremost and then story. Though battle system-wise, I think X-2 was my favourite. XD;

-Jared-
May 25th, 2010, 06:57 PM
My absolute favorite would have to be FFV. I love the job system, the story was interesting, and:

I loved the twists of the multiple worlds, and then them combining to form a 3rd one. I was thoroughly shocked to see that the creators had actually gone to the trouble of creating *three* world maps for a single game.

And, of course, Gilgamesh. ^__^

Team Fail
May 25th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Mine? Final Fantasy 2 (SNES), and it's 2 remakes on the GBA and DS. It has a long, and difficult storyline that takes place on 3 totally different worlds. Another is number 3 on the SNES. Besides the Sketch glitch, that game is amazing. Also, 1 on the NES if pretty fun, if you're up for the challenge of saving at every Inn you visit.

Final Fantasy I (NES)
Final Fantasy II (SNES/VC/GBA/DS)
Final Fantasy III (SNES)

Ninja Caterpie
May 25th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift on DS, followed by the original FFTA. FFT comes pretty close, too, but it's too srs.

loliwin
May 25th, 2010, 10:32 PM
My favourite FF game would definitely be FFVII. I absolutely loved the storyline and the gameplay, and Sephiroth! XD

Dubstep
May 29th, 2010, 12:33 PM
FFVII, FFVIII, IX, and X. I've only ever liked RPGs (action-RPGs excluded) for the story aspect, and these four had wonderful stories to tell.

Akeraz
May 29th, 2010, 02:58 PM
My favourite is XIII. Great Storyline, Awesome Gameplay.
XIII only has one flaw, and that's a 4 lettered word called "Hope".
Also the music was awesome despite no Uematsu.

RyanGT
May 29th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Final Fantasy X is my favorite FF game ever. Great characters, great story, great graphics for its time, loved the sphere grid. I just enjoyed everything about the game.

I plan to pick up FF3 on the DS sometime soon, anyone have it? How is it?

A Pixy
May 29th, 2010, 05:00 PM
X is the only one I've played, so let's go with that. o3o

Although I spent all my time playing BlitzBall. o3o

Porygon-Z
May 29th, 2010, 05:08 PM
VIII is my favourite!

I liked the junctioning system and the Characters were all awesome!

Also gunblade is possibly the coolest invention ever!!

KnilShadowLink
May 29th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Erm, well anyone else here think the game seemed like an unfinished game?

I got the game back mid-April, and having played the majority of the other main series FF games I had high expectations for the game, and the advertising FFXIII just made me long for it even more. Anyways back when I got it I didn't have a working Xbox (Thank you Microsoft...that's 4 360s I've burnt through...) so I was stuck to playing my DS until I got another xbox. I finally played FFXIII a bit. Got the intro outta the way (Anyone else see a connection with this opening and the one to FFVII?) but it was unable to keep my attetion, so I backed off until recently...I finally started playing the game, and it seemed much too linear, I was hoping that maybe if I keep playing, the game would "open up"...I was very disapointed. (Sorry for the story)

I feel like the characters had a lot of potential to be well-devoloped, yet were incredibly dull and stereotypical. I felt the story was confusing, and as I've stated previously the game was too linear to be a FF game (My personal opinion) Eh to be honest I just can't bring myself to finish it....(I just got the ability to return to Gran Pulse, and don't want to be disapointed anymore -_-') Does anyone else feel the same?

loliwin
May 30th, 2010, 12:05 AM
I think making it linear makes you understand the plot better. :O

dont worry, youll understand it later on. XD

EDIT: and no i dont think its unfinished

KnilShadowLink
May 30th, 2010, 12:24 AM
I think making it linear makes you understand the plot better. :O

dont worry, youll understand it later on. XD

EDIT: and no i dont think its unfinished
I started to get the plot mid chapter 11, it's just that the story seemed like it was just randomly thought of...I didn't get an emotional connection with the game. I know this sounds really strange, but when the game draws me in with the story it helps me enjoy the game.

Akeraz
May 30th, 2010, 12:39 AM
I actually really like FFXIII's plot and made an emotional link with the characters really early on. Some points in the game had me physically tearing up.

I haven't beaten the game yet, but that's because I haven't been bothered to backtrack and grind. I'm actually one boss away from the final boss battles, so..

Anyway. Even though this game is linear, it doesn't change the fact that it's simply amazing and that the story it has to tell is beautiful. Even as a Final Fantasy Veteran who's played almost every Final Fantasy game, I can't help but label this one as my favourite in the series.

Mumfie
May 30th, 2010, 04:38 AM
My absolute favorite would have to be FFV. I love the job system, the story was interesting, and:

I loved the twists of the multiple worlds, and then them combining to form a 3rd one. I was thoroughly shocked to see that the creators had actually gone to the trouble of creating *three* world maps for a single game.

And, of course, Gilgamesh. ^__^

I'd hva eto agree there mister! Unique story and great gameplay.

Dubstep
May 30th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Final Fantasy X is my favorite FF game ever. Great characters, great story, great graphics for its time, loved the sphere grid. I just enjoyed everything about the game.

Don't play any FF remakes on the DS, unless you like hours and hours of level grinding and chibi-fied graphics.

Algo Fonix
May 30th, 2010, 01:54 PM

3 was pretty good. Definitely worth whatever small price it goes for nowadays. FF4 was phenomenal, though. The story was expanded on to included everything they couldn't fit into the SFC/SNES versions... and it's pretty difficult.

They're both deeply rooted in old-school gameplay though. If you can understand that the games were originally made close to 20 years ago... you can have fun with em.

PuNkSter
May 30th, 2010, 02:19 PM
I can't really say which FF game is my favourite because I havn't played all of them but it would have to be X. It was my first FF game I played and I still enjoy playing it to this date. Not to mention, Blitzball rocks!

mew²
May 30th, 2010, 06:56 PM
I would have to say VII and VIII because that's what got me hooked on the franchise.

vibratingcat
May 31st, 2010, 04:54 AM
I actually really like FFXIII's plot and made an emotional link with the characters really early on. Some points in the game had me physically tearing up.

I haven't beaten the game yet, but that's because I haven't been bothered to backtrack and grind. I'm actually one boss away from the final boss battles, so..

Anyway. Even though this game is linear, it doesn't change the fact that it's simply amazing and that the story it has to tell is beautiful. Even as a Final Fantasy Veteran who's played almost every Final Fantasy game, I can't help but label this one as my favourite in the series.
im not that far through but i have been enjoying it quite a bit. it is a bit linear, and i do hate going back and grinding, but the plot, characters, summons and graphics keep me attached. I can understand western people not feeling connected to the characters, the western voices are hooorrrriiblle. (other than shaz)

Ichigo_Kurosaki
June 17th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Which gunblade do you prefer?

Lightning's or Squall's.
kthnx bai

Captain Fabio
June 17th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Last time I checked, Squall wasn't in VII, he is in VIII.

But Squall's.

Old school FTW.

Yoshimi
June 17th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Lightning's gunblade, if only for the fact that Lightning is a much better character than Squall.
Both of them still lose to Cloud's BFS (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BFS).

Cherrim
June 17th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Fixed it for you. :)

I'm gonna go with Squall because I never actually remember that Lightning has a gunblade. Most of her battle animations have her using it as a sword only so... it's not very striking. But Squall? I always remember he's got a gunblade. :|

Dark Nebula
June 22nd, 2010, 07:38 PM
I think Final Fantasy might be the only game I can say I truly LOVE!!!! I love everything about them all. EXCEPT Vaneille's Ediolin in FFXIII!!!!! I HATE THAT PART!!!!!!!!!!! It's so frustrating!!! But other than that, everything Final Fantasy I'm so in to!! It's my favorite game ever. :D

Magic
July 19th, 2010, 01:01 PM
My favourite was X.

Beautiful Graphics, intriguing characters and the nice addition of multiple ending scenes. The Summon system worked well (unlike XII and XIII which I think were totally lacking in comparison). Also it was the latest game in the series to keep every character unique, which is nice.

The reason I didn't like XII and XIII was mainly because the characters became clones of each other... XIII was even worse from this aspect with fixed summons and no individual finishing moves.

I like playing the DS remakes too, and recently played FFTA2 which was pretty good.

Shadow_Aura_64
July 19th, 2010, 11:21 PM
I love FFVI. So much. Great gameplay, awesome characters, and the music! Oh, the music. *cries like a little girl*

Man, I love that game. If Square could remake it for a current-gen console without butchering it, that'd be a dream come true.