PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me please

Aaron40
May 24th, 2010, 03:27 AM
Hey
I have windows 7 and I have a 3 year old game battle for middle earth and it keeps on coming up with a debug message i'm not sure if anyone will be able to help me with this but is there something wrong with windows 7 drivers or would it be the game?

AaronOnPokemon
May 24th, 2010, 04:00 AM
Well with the new models of Windows some old game are not compatible with it. There is updates coming soon the last tim eI heard to make most game compatible. But I guess you will have wait till then :(

Aaron40
May 24th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Well with the new models of Windows some old game are not compatible with it. There is updates coming soon the last tim eI heard to make most game compatible. But I guess you will have wait till then :(

thats alright, thanks for your help

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 24th, 2010, 04:41 AM
There doesn't seem to be any clear fix for this problem yet. Sorry to say, but the game is in poor shape. Wouldn't get my hopes up of a fix appearing anytime soon.

There's no such update. Most games are compatible. It's just that extremely old ones, or companies who are complete jerkfaces (<--- Replace with swear word of choice) don't properly maintain their games.

My only recommendation is to hold no punchs in publically criticizing the lack of support for newer Operating Systems from the few games that have the guts to pull that stunt. Quite frankly, there's no excuse. We gamers hold ourselves to a higher standard of keeping up with the newest and greatest than the working type.

donavannj
May 24th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Download and install DirectX 9.0c, and try again.

@ PokemonTrainerYellow: In 2007, Vista hate was rampant, and Vista was still new enough to not be a factor. I don't blame developers for not developing for Vista then.

Aaron40
May 25th, 2010, 12:31 AM
I have Direct X 11 installed on my computer is the latest one?

donavannj
May 25th, 2010, 07:25 PM
I have Direct X 11 installed on my computer is the latest one?

Still, go download 9.0c. 10 was a complete re-write from 9, and 11 is similar to 10, and some games were written only for earlier versions like 7, 8, and 9. You can still have both 9 & 10/11 on the same system.

Aaron40
May 25th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Still, go download 9.0c. 10 was a complete re-write from 9, and 11 is similar to 10, and some games were written only for earlier versions like 7, 8, and 9. You can still have both 9 & 10/11 on the same system.

ok can I find the download on google

donavannj
May 25th, 2010, 10:56 PM
ok can I find the download on google

I'll do you one better. Here it is on Microsoft's site:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

Aaron40
May 26th, 2010, 03:08 AM
I'll do you one better. Here it is on Microsoft's site:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

I installed it and it still doesn't work

Zet
May 26th, 2010, 04:25 AM
It just occurred to me that it's impossible to install directX 9C on Vista/7 since you get a message saying "you're up to date" from the installer.

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 26th, 2010, 04:44 AM
Download and install DirectX 9.0c, and try again.

@ PokemonTrainerYellow: In 2007, Vista hate was rampant, and Vista was still new enough to not be a factor. I don't blame developers for not developing for Vista then.

Yeah...but... it's 2010 now.
I've got a game called Worms World Party that's 10 years old and still works.

Patches exist for a reason, and I'm personally done tolerating any of the few video games that are still only supporting XP.

I'm looking at you, Mabinogi.

Point being, there's not much you can do if a company is not going to support your operating system.

donavannj
May 26th, 2010, 09:34 AM
It just occurred to me that it's impossible to install directX 9C on Vista/7 since you get a message saying "you're up to date" from the installer.

I've never gotten this message myself. :\ I'm serious. And I just did an install of Direct X 9 last week on my Windows 7 desktop. Honestly, it blew my mind.

@PkMnTrainerYellow: Some games didn't do well enough to merit patches. If a game has been re-released in a bundle since 2007, it likely has been patched for Vista, and has a much better chance or working in 7.

Red1530
May 26th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Have you tried to use compatibility mode by any chance?

Aaron40
May 26th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Have you tried to use compatibility mode by any chance?

no, how do I use that mode

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 27th, 2010, 05:07 AM
no, how do I use that mode
Click the EXE or Shortcut, go to properties, open the compatibility tab, check the box that says something along the lines of "Run in compatibility mode" and set it for Windows XP SP2 or Windows XP SP3.

Aaron40
May 27th, 2010, 05:17 AM
Click the EXE or Shortcut, go to properties, open the compatibility tab, check the box that says something along the lines of "Run in compatibility mode" and set it for Windows XP SP2 or Windows XP SP3.

thanks, I have tryed that and it still isn't working

donavannj
May 27th, 2010, 05:37 AM
You may have to get a computer with XP if you want to play this game. :\

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 27th, 2010, 05:37 AM
All I have to say is that the problem apparently isn't unique and it appears to be related to a company letting it's userbase down.

I did however find this Vista fix. It MAY work for 7, since Vista is the major compatibility breaker, not 7.

http://www.middleearthcenter.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=422

Aaron40
May 28th, 2010, 05:21 AM
All I have to say is that the problem apparently isn't unique and it appears to be related to a company letting it's userbase down.

I did however find this Vista fix. It MAY work for 7, since Vista is the major compatibility breaker, not 7.

http://www.middleearthcenter.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=422

when I download the file it has find and save but not open so which program do i open it with?

donavannj
May 28th, 2010, 05:53 AM
when I download the file it has find and save but not open so which program do i open it with?

Go download 7-Zip and extract the files from the file by right-clicking on it, going into the 7-Zip portion of the menu, and selecting the "Extract Files..." option.

Aaron40
May 28th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Go download 7-Zip and extract the files from the file by right-clicking on it, going into the 7-Zip portion of the menu, and selecting the "Extract Files..." option.

ok I saved it to my documents and then extracted it from winrar to the Desktop is there anything else I need to do before trying to launch the game.

donavannj
May 28th, 2010, 06:06 AM
ok I saved it to my documents and then extracted it from winrar to the Desktop is there anything else I need to do before trying to launch the game.

The patch is probably in the folder. You will want to open the folder and see if there is any file that you can double click and run. It should start a setup process that will install the patch for you. That's how 99% of the patches I've encountered work.

Aaron40
May 28th, 2010, 06:21 AM
The patch is probably in the folder. You will want to open the folder and see if there is any file that you can double click and run. It should start a setup process that will install the patch for you. That's how 99% of the patches I've encountered work.

I put the files in the bfme folder and the game is working now

donavannj
May 28th, 2010, 06:23 AM
I put the files in the bfme folder and the game is working now

Then that's all you needed to do, I guess.

Aaron40
May 28th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Then that's all you needed to do, I guess.

yea can this thread be locked please

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 28th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Glad to hear it worked! The patch was unofficial, but apparently works fine. If you have any more problems and don't want to make a new thread, you can contact me by VM or PM to see if I can help.

Zet
May 28th, 2010, 05:10 PM
yea can this thread be locked please

Your wish has been granted~