PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Return of the Time Capsule?

Cloud197
May 24th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Do you think they will have the Time Capsule in B/W like they did in G/S/C? Or, do you think they will have some sort of migration method involving the use of two DS's? Or do you have a completely different thought on this?

Personally, I hope that they will have some way to get pokemon from D/P/Pt/HG/SS, because I've spent a good amount of time collecting all the pokemon I have and training them all. It would be a shame if they made us restart again.

Azzurra
May 24th, 2010, 10:29 PM
I'm more inclined to believe that they're going to go with the latter and have some sort of migration method.

Horizon
May 24th, 2010, 11:16 PM
In my opinion, they could perhaps do something based on the DS' internal memory, whereby you put in your B/W game card, choose a menu option to migrate from Gen IV, remove the cartridge and put the Gen IV cart in, select the ones you want to import, save and switch off. Put B/W back in, and go to the time capsule/PalPark-esque place within the game and get importing.

Not sure how viable or possible this would be, though.

BleuVII
May 24th, 2010, 11:36 PM
I think that it's likely we'll get something like that. I hear a lot of people talking about Gen IV/ Gen V compatibility, but... they're different generations. By their very definition, they're NOT compatible. I think that the pokemon will need to be migrated somehow.

Ninja Caterpie
May 24th, 2010, 11:39 PM
I think there'll be a Time Capsule sort of thing.

Pal Park was because there's no way to connect a GBA game and a DS game (and you could have both in the one DS). Because BW and DPPt are both DS games and they have to be on two handhelds, I think it'll be a Time Capsule thing.

...although, the GTS might become interesting...

Azzurra
May 25th, 2010, 02:37 AM
I think there'll be a Time Capsule sort of thing.

Pal Park was because there's no way to connect a GBA game and a DS game (and you could have both in the one DS). Because BW and DPPt are both DS games and they have to be on two handhelds, I think it'll be a Time Capsule thing.

...although, the GTS might become interesting...
If they're already imported/importable then a "time capsule" wouldn't necessarily be needed.

Ninja Caterpie
May 25th, 2010, 03:09 AM
If they're already imported/importable then a "time capsule" wouldn't necessarily be needed.

uhhh...the Time Capsule was so you didn't trade a GSC Pokemon into RBY and get a Missingno. Likewise, a Time Capsule sort of thing will be necessary to prevent you trading, for example, a Zorua into Diamond and getting a glitch.

Azzurra
May 25th, 2010, 03:14 AM
uhhh...the Time Capsule was so you didn't trade a GSC Pokemon into RBY and get a Missingno. Likewise, a Time Capsule sort of thing will be necessary to prevent you trading, for example, a Zorua into Diamond and getting a glitch.
If that's the case that could/would be possible, but they may add new functions to be able to prevent such a thing happen without the now primitive "Time Capsule". New ideas are always introduced, though something of the sort is defiantly plausible.

vibratingcat
May 25th, 2010, 05:36 AM
if they put the time capsule in, i hope it doesnt take u ages to get it, like in frlg. its been proven that we can use get 4th gen pokemon into bw somehow with the shiny dog trio, so something must be implemented.

Rich Boy Rob
May 25th, 2010, 06:36 AM
I'd say they're probably going to go for some sort of Neo-Time Capsule. I mean as both Gen IV and V are both DS games, then I don't see why they can't do something in the same vein as Gen I/II connectivity.

I hear a lot of people talking about Gen IV/ Gen V compatibility, but... they're different generations. By their very definition, they're NOT compatible.

You've clearly never played Gens I or II...

Myles
May 25th, 2010, 06:52 AM
The forwards-backwards compatibility is due to if the Pokemon would lose information when going back to an old generation. Gen I had nowhere to store whether a Pokemon was male or female, so if you traded a Pokemon back and forth between the two, each time its gender would have to be redetermined.

To get around that Gen II had gender based on stats (as a result female Pokemon always have lower attack than their male counterparts in Gen II). This went for gender, shinyness, etc. Since Gen III had no backwards compatibility, it could completely remake the system. Thus female Pokemon can be just as powerful as male ones now. And shinyness no longer is dependent on Pokemon's stats.

Gen IV made it so that it was only forwards compatible. That way Pokemon won't lose details when they go back, because they can't go back. There's no hardware reason Gen IV couldn't have allowed backwards trading (possibly there was with Gen II -> Gen III, but I don't know). With Gen V it could go either way

tl;dr: Backwards compatibility is dependent on more than just hardware capabilities.

Anyway, I think migration or anoher one-way trading system will be used.

Cyberglass
May 25th, 2010, 07:59 AM
They could possibly set it up so that you can use the HGSS PokeWalker to transfer Pokemon over, by allowing Pokemon to go from the Walker to the new cart (but not vice versa).

BleuVII
May 25th, 2010, 08:39 AM
I'd say they're probably going to go for some sort of Neo-Time Capsule. I mean as both Gen IV and V are both DS games, then I don't see why they can't do something in the same vein as Gen I/II connectivity.

You've clearly never played Gens I or II...

No, I never played Gen II. From what I understand, you could trade between the two games, but in order to trade from G/S/C to R/B/Y, you had to delete any new moves and only trade pokemon that were available in the original. I'm guessing that the same thing happened with battling, if battling were possible. You could only battle with RBY pokemon, and you couldn't use any new moves.

People here seem to think that there will be a patch or something that will update Gen IV and make it so that B/W can interact with D/P/Pt in the same way that HG/SS can. I just don't see that happening.

Bluerang1
May 25th, 2010, 12:18 PM
I'd rather this to the damned Pal Park >___> You can trade your Pokemon back from Isshu but they can't have anything from that Region, even Ribbons?. I like it anyway. Another question I have is; How will the GTS trading work with this game and DPPtHGSS?

Kirbychu
May 25th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Personally, I hope that they will have some way to get pokemon from D/P/Pt/HG/SS, because I've spent a good amount of time collecting all the pokemon I have and training them all. It would be a shame if they made us restart again.
It's been confirmed that there will be some method. The legendary beast trio that JP players get downloaded to their copies of HGSS during the 13th movie will unlock something in BW. Later, we see thebeast trio members in a battle with Zoroark.That shows that there's going to be some method. I think the Time Capsule will return.

Sora
May 25th, 2010, 06:27 PM
I really do hope that the time capsule will return. I don't see why it can't be possible, as both Gen IV and Gen V will be on the DS. Time capsule couldn't be possible because of the major changes of Gen III and Gen IV (along with Gen II and Gen III), and because of the fact that they were for different systems (Gen I and II were possible because both were for the Gameboy).

If they do Pal Park, I will not be a happy person. :(

dooxer
May 25th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I just don't think that platinum and BW are of such different times so I think the term time capsule is misleading.

Im thinking of some sort of Airport... it would fit the cosmopolitan state of the game's cities. A sort of "send pokemon to help poor trainers in isshu" campaign lol
well maybe not, but a one way airlplane ticket seems interesting.

Hiroshi Sotomura
May 25th, 2010, 07:03 PM
In my opinion, they could perhaps do something based on the DS' internal memory, whereby you put in your B/W game card, choose a menu option to migrate from Gen IV, remove the cartridge and put the Gen IV cart in, select the ones you want to import, save and switch off. Put B/W back in, and go to the time capsule/PalPark-esque place within the game and get importing.

Not viable at all. The DS and DS lite store a small amount of stuff to the RAM that persists while the battery is still able to power the DS, but that stuff disappears instantly when the battery is removed. And typically, that space is used to store DS settings.

Sure, you could take advantage of the DSi's internal memory, but what about DS users? (Though it'd be bigger incentive to use the 3DS.)

The Time Capsule or even a standard trade center would really be the way to go.

~Platina's Jason~
May 25th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Or you know, they could have it work out the same way trading between DPPt and HGSS does.

Xanatos13
May 25th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Or you know, they could have it work out the same way trading between DPPt and HGSS does.

The thing is there's no new Pokemon being introduced in HG/SS. HG/SS & D/P/Pt don't (to the best of my knowledge, and I'm sure I'm right) have the data for the new B/W Pokemon that will be introduced.

This being said: Time Capsule-like trading is for sure. How they'll do it or what they'll call it, I dunno. But it'll be similar I'm sure.

Red1530
May 26th, 2010, 09:40 AM
No, I never played Gen II. From what I understand, you could trade between the two games, but in order to trade from G/S/C to R/B/Y, you had to delete any new moves and only trade pokemon that were available in the original. I'm guessing that the same thing happened with battling, if battling were possible. You could only battle with RBY pokemon, and you couldn't use any new moves.

People here seem to think that there will be a patch or something that will update Gen IV and make it so that B/W can interact with D/P/Pt in the same way that HG/SS can. I just don't see that happening.You could not conduct a battle between a Gen. I and Gen. II game unless it was done on Pokémon Stadium 2. The most likely lay for transfer is a new time-capsule system. Interstingly it will allow for the Gen. III game to connect to the fifth with the fourth generation acting as an intermediary.

Ninja Caterpie
May 26th, 2010, 10:57 PM

Because 100-and-something different glitches in DPPt/HGSS is so good, isn't it?

SolarAbusoru
May 26th, 2010, 11:12 PM
I'd rather this to the damned Pal Park >___> You can trade your Pokemon back from Isshu but they can't have anything from that Region, even Ribbons?. I like it anyway. Another question I have is; How will the GTS trading work with this game and DPPtHGSS?

Obviously PKMN B.W will work off of different servers

cystar
May 27th, 2010, 01:53 AM
I think that theyll do something compleety new so no time capsle

NatureKeeper
May 27th, 2010, 03:30 AM
Obviously PKMN B.W will work off of different servers

Then this is a catastrophe. We can already redirect Nintendo's server to any other GTS custom server at our own will. If we discovered B&W's server directory....

That'd be a catastrophe if somebody did it with DP.

On topic, Trading between Gen V and IV is confirmed to compatible and will be trading and battling which each other normally (Of course not with Gen V Pokémon.), similar to what happens in II and I. DPPtHGSS will still have their own Wi-Fi servers, and we are unaffected. Which means, there is a chance that there is a building. 'The Diamond and Pearl Building' which is enter-able if we have Pokémon that:

Do not carry B&W-exclusive ribbons.
Do not carry B&W Moves.
Do not carry B&W Items.
Are not in new B&W Formes.
Are not introduced in Generation V.
Aren't Bidoofs.

The abilities won't matter since they are determined by the PID and\or class And if a Pokémon goes to a version that the Pokémon is even not the same, and goes back, the ability is the same in the main game. So, no. A Pokémon's ability will be the same if traded to a Gen IV then back to a Gen V game.

This of course may result into the implementing of an NPC that takes Ribbons away, or just confiscates them.

This is one. The other one is a new note in the Pokémon Centre:

We are terribly sorry. The other trainer is from a region that doesn't recognize some of either your Pokémon, their moves, their items or their Ribbons. Please fix these Isshus issues and try again.

This is for the battling an trading directly. My speculations for Wi-Fi.

Direct Wi-Fi:

Did anybody see the HGSS Wi-Fi? It has two sections, the DP system and the PtHGSS system. I bet in B&W we will have 2, the Gen IV and the Gen V sections. When you attempt to battle or trade with Gen V Pokémon, Moves or Items on hand, It'll show some messages. This is for example a trade between the RSE Remakes and the GSC Remakes

May failed to respond... --> SoulSilver

The other trainer is from a region that doesn't recognize some of either your Pokémon, their moves, their items or their Ribbons. Please fix these issues and try again. --> 'Magma'Ruby

This is probably what will happen.

GTS:

1- The Diamond and Pearl Area thingy
2- A simple choice in the GTS:

*Some button pressed.*

Would you like to trade with Sinnoh or Johto trainers? Yes\No

If No --> Continue in the Isshu GTS normally.

If Yes -->

You get the DPPtHGSS GTS Menu, and if you attempt to put a Gen V Pokémon and\or Gen V moves and\or Items:

The other regions don't recognize some of either your Pokémon, their moves, their items or their Ribbons. Please fix these issues and try again.

Just as simple as that.

This whole Isshu thingy is an Issue.

Speculation belongs to me, and only me, 11:28 GMT, 05\27\2010.

linkinpark187
May 27th, 2010, 07:35 AM
I could see the return of the Time Capsule happening. At least in some form. It may not be called the Time Capsule, anymore, though. At least I don't think. I could be wrong. Hard to say not knowing, right?

Not viable at all. The DS and DS lite store a small amount of stuff to the RAM that persists while the battery is still able to power the DS, but that stuff disappears instantly when the battery is removed. And typically, that space is used to store DS settings.

Sure, you could take advantage of the DSi's internal memory, but what about DS users? (Though it'd be bigger incentive to use the 3DS.)

The Time Capsule or even a standard trade center would really be the way to go.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...the 3DS was just an April Fools Joke. There will be, however, a game coming out for DSi Ware called Hidden 3D Image. Can't wait. Japan already has it, can't wait for it to come out in the US. :D

Red1530
May 27th, 2010, 08:28 AM
I could see the return of the Time Capsule happening. At least in some form. It may not be called the Time Capsule, anymore, though. At least I don't think. I could be wrong. Hard to say not knowing, right?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...the 3DS was just an April Fools Joke. There will be, however, a game coming out for DSi Ware called Hidden 3D Image. Can't wait. Japan already has it, can't wait for it to come out in the US. :DI don't know what you are smoking but Nintendo 3DS is real (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/24/technology/24nintendo.html). I believe that there will be a new version of the time capsule.

Dragonika
May 27th, 2010, 08:35 AM
How amazing woul it be if you could just get an aeroplane from the new isshu region to say .. johto or kanto hoenn or even sinohh :D

Rich Boy Rob
May 27th, 2010, 08:42 AM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...the 3DS was just an April Fools Joke.

Are sure? If so that was one wide spread, fluffed out joke. I mean it was
hardly just announced on one website, it was on loads and even in gaming magazines.
Gizmodo (http://gizmodo.com/5499713/nintendo-3ds-the-details)
Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5499697/nintendo-announces-new-hardware-the-nintendo-3ds)
So shoot me, I cited Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS)

EDIT: I just googled it being an april fools joke and it turns out that that was the joke. As in them saying it was a joke was a joke.

Manganum
June 2nd, 2010, 12:50 AM
I just thought of something that nobody seems to have given any notice to. How are we going to be able to trade our special buddies from D/P/Pt/HG/SS over to B/W? Do you think there will be some kind of Time Capsule, like from G/S/C? Maybe a new device?

Post your thoughts :)

Mew~
June 2nd, 2010, 12:53 AM
It's on the DS, I think we can exspect full compatability! Except maybe some pokemon might not be able to be traded into the older games... other then that im sure it should work :D

Ninja Caterpie
June 2nd, 2010, 01:14 AM
A Time Capsule, obviously. :D

Mew~
June 2nd, 2010, 01:28 AM
A Time Capsule, obviously. :D
Well I wouldn't say that...! The time capsule isn't really needed because like i already stated, both games are on the DS and im gussing there should be full compatability excluding trading gen 5 pokemon to gen 4 games...! The time capsule was created because the gameboy colour games were not compatable with red, bule and yellow... gameboy games! And anyway didn't they already scrap the time capsule and bring in the Pal Park? The pal park is supposed to be the counterpart of the time capsule right...? (thats what i read on bulbapedia...!)

shengar
June 2nd, 2010, 02:15 AM
It's one generation away. Maybe it's time capsule to avoid new Pokemon crash older generation game.

Ninja Caterpie
June 2nd, 2010, 02:18 AM
Well I wouldn't say that...! The time capsule isn't really needed because like i already stated, both games are on the DS and im gussing there should be full compatability excluding trading gen 5 pokemon to gen 4 games...! The time capsule was created because the gameboy colour games were not compatable with red, bule and yellow... gameboy games! And anyway didn't they already scrap the time capsule and bring in the Pal Park? The pal park is supposed to be the counterpart of the time capsule right...? (thats what i read on bulbapedia...!)

Uh...No. The Time Capsule was built so that you couldn't trade a GSC only Pokemon into RBY and get a glitch Pokemon. =|

Shinjiro
June 2nd, 2010, 02:45 AM
Time Capsule? That's sure is weird. But maybe there will be a New Device! Lets see....
Maybe a Car? e can't have it but maybe we can ride on it! Maybe...
And Mew~ Your signature make me feel good. :)

MistahDude
June 2nd, 2010, 03:45 AM
It's on the DS, I think we can exspect full compatability! Except maybe some pokemon might not be able to be traded into the older games... other then that im sure it should work :D

I don't expect them to connect to the new games.

Ronin
June 2nd, 2010, 03:47 AM
Either a time capsule or a new "inter regional trading service" to allow you to trade with different regions, in any case they will have something. The only thing I'm wondering about is if you will be able to trade straight away or will it be unlocked later in the game like GSC, I suspect many will disagree with me but I'm hoping for the second option as I like having to work for things (adds more worth to it when you do get it).

JakeG
June 2nd, 2010, 04:06 AM
Either a time capsule or a new "inter regional trading service" to allow you to trade with different regions, in any case they will have something. The only thing I'm wondering about is if you will be able to trade straight away or will it be unlocked later in the game like GSC, I suspect many will disagree with me but I'm hoping for the second option as I like having to work for things (adds more worth to it when you do get it).
No I agree, I never trade my Pokemon over until I finnish the game.

And I think it will be just like HG/SS and D/P/Pl trading but you can't trade Gen V Pokenon to older games.

Mew~
June 2nd, 2010, 05:01 AM
Any reason in particular? I can't agree with you with just: "I don't expect them to connect to the new games."

solspear
June 2nd, 2010, 06:14 AM

Sure, just like they didn't connect...

wait, their all connected to the next game following, right?

Lol, im "sure" they will break that tradition

Rei Shingetsu
June 2nd, 2010, 06:37 AM
Funny how Ruby and Sapphire came before Firered and Leafgreen yet they can connect, yes?
I'm pretty sure we can trade alright.

Dillon_68
June 2nd, 2010, 07:48 AM
Funny how Ruby and Sapphire came before Firered and Leafgreen yet they can connect, yes?
I'm pretty sure we can trade alright.
That's because the Pokemon found in Kanto were programmed into Ruby/Sapphire; this is not the case with the 4th Gen Games. More than likely it will be a one-way deal. Sinnoh to Isshu, not the other way around. Unless the Pokemon being traded have no exclusive moves and are from the previous Gens.

PiPVoda
June 2nd, 2010, 07:51 AM
Any reason in particular? I can't agree with you with just: "I don't expect them to connect to the new games."

Really I, or many others including the person who you were responding to, can't truly explain what will happen. I doubt you will be able to just trade like nothing between B&W and Gen 4 Pkmn games since come on..it's a new generation and that'd be too easy. Also take into consideration that all Gen 5 pokemon games may not be on the DS. You can say ''well it would be retarted to start a gen on the DS and continue it on the 3DS'' but it could very well happen in my opinion. None of us know anything about the 3DS really yet, nor about black and white so we wind up at yet another dead end. D:

Pal Park could be kept. For people owning only a DSi some sort of new device could be used to migrate pkmn over to b&w into Pal Park, and for those with DS Lites/DS they could just migrate over from GBA slot.

Rich Boy Rob
June 2nd, 2010, 08:33 AM

Uhh... It's already been confirmed that you can. The Legendary Beasts obtained from the 13th movie must be transfered over to unlock a Zoruark event.
Anyway as I've said in the many other duplicates of this thread, I'm expecting a Time Capsule like device. RBY & GSC were both playable on the system just like DPPt & BW and used the Time Capsule to prevent creating glitches, so I don't know why they can't do it again. I don't think a Pal Park is a viable option because both games being on the system means 2 would be needed anyway and it was never very efficient in the first place.

dieter57
June 2nd, 2010, 01:50 PM
my idea (for the third time)

B/W could come with a DSi channel download. (like mario kart wii did)
you put HG/SS/D/P/P into your DSi and go to the channel.
you can then migrate your pokemon from your chosen pokemon game.
plug B/W back in and you go to a pal park.
you have a selection of three choices.

1) migrate from DSi channel
2) migrate from DS game cartridge (requires special attachment for GBA slot on DS and DS light)
3) migrate by wireless communication

the third one would be used if you had two DS's.
put B/W in your DS and your other game into another DS
a selection on the other game comes up on the main menu and says migrate to Black or White.
and you can migrate like that.

but it's totaly obvious that nintendo is trying to ween us off of the DS and DS lights. so i want the channel one to really happen :)

Shiny Shaymin
June 2nd, 2010, 03:09 PM
I don’t think you need to over complicate things… I think it’ll use the Time Capsule. You trade from Gen 4 to Gen 5 but not from Gen 5 to Gen 4. What else would they do?

Ninja Caterpie
June 2nd, 2010, 11:00 PM
I don’t think you need to over complicate things… I think it’ll use the Time Capsule. You trade from Gen 4 to Gen 5 but not from Gen 5 to Gen 4. What else would they do?

...that's Pal Park. Time Capsule let you trade from the higher gen down, but only with older Pokemon and older moves.

dieter57
June 3rd, 2010, 12:44 PM
lets face it. the pal park IS the new time capsule.
we all know it so don't deny it.

pal park FTW! :)

Shiny Shaymin
June 3rd, 2010, 01:12 PM
...that's Pal Park. Time Capsule let you trade from the higher gen down, but only with older Pokemon and older moves.

…Whatever, that’s what I meant. xP

SpawnHyuuga
June 3rd, 2010, 01:20 PM
Time Capsule? That's sure is weird. But maybe there will be a New Device! Lets see....
Maybe a Car? e can't have it but maybe we can ride on it! Maybe...
And Mew~ Your signature make me feel good. :)

Okay, I can just see there being a 1981 DMC Delorean that "Black" and "White" get to ride in to be able to trade with the 4th generation games.

dieter57
June 3rd, 2010, 01:28 PM
back to the future!
love that movie.
but seriously...
a car? what?
i have yet to see a car ever in pokemon games.
if any cars, trucks, or motorcycles start to appear in pokemon. i will quit.
and if any time traveling is to be done, just use a celebi. :)

Åzurε
June 3rd, 2010, 01:28 PM
Summary time!

The Time Capsule, found in GSC, was implemented to allow trade to and from RBY, but to keep new Pokemon and attacks from being traded to an incompatible game. It also emphasized a time difference between RBY and their sequels.

Pal Park, found in DPPt and HgSs, while allowing RSE and FrLg to communicate with the DS versions of Pokemon, was only a one-way deal. Once you transferred a Pokemon to Pal Park, it could not come back to it's original game. It seemed to imply that RSE, DPPt, and HgSs were all happening roughly at the same time.

At any rate, it's likely that the transfer is one-way, although adding something like the Time Capsule to BW could allow for "impossible" movesets, rather like the Shiny Gyarados-Mimic trick to get shiny Ditto. I'd have to wait until I've played them to decide what I'd prefer.

Shiny Shaymin
June 3rd, 2010, 01:31 PM
back to the future!
love that movie.
but seriously...
a car? what?

This is going a bit off topic, but it would be cool to have a new HM called “Time Travel” that only Celebi could use. That would be awesome… but it would NEVER happen, unfortunately. ¬_¬

Myles
June 3rd, 2010, 10:48 PM
back to the future!
love that movie.
but seriously...
a car? what?

Well, then I guess you quit way back when RGBY came out. And then again when the anime came out. And then again when RSE came out. And then again when FRLG came out. And again when BW got some gameplay videos.

Silver Soul
June 4th, 2010, 01:14 AM

this ^
like AR, but with Pokemon :P

Nikorasu
June 4th, 2010, 02:31 AM
Don't you want this to be a new start? Screw the rest of the other pokemon, theres to many. They'll be over 500 if they allow a time capsule/trade over for more pokemon. Pokemon black/white should be like We started when we were younger. Pokemon white and black should be like pokemon R/B/Y.

frogmyster3
June 4th, 2010, 04:31 AM
They need some form of bringing the previous 493 Pokemon over that isn't a direct trade. More like a "take your Black/White card out and now insert your older one and select which ones" method. I've got almost 400 on Pearl and I was going to move them over to SoulSilver since I play that a lot more but it's too much hassle. It took about 20 minutes to trade 6 Pokemon back and forth.

bwburke94
June 4th, 2010, 10:42 AM
The DS [Phat/Lite] has enough internal memory to handle one-system trades between IV and V. If Action Replay can do it, why can't actual games?

dieter57
June 4th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Well, then I guess you quit way back when RGBY came out. And then again when the anime came out. And then again when RSE came out. And then again when FRLG came out. And again when BW got some gameplay videos.

i ment as a main way of transportation, derp :P

NatureKeeper
June 10th, 2010, 02:49 AM
[css-div="padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; border-color: red blue; border-style:solid; background-color: #000000"]

Black and White will be compatible with all five Generation IV games. While the full details are not yet known, transferring the shiny legendary beasts released with the 13th movie in Japan has been confirmed to unlock an event in the games.

There is connectivity. However, we are not sure. I myself expect full compatibility with methods similar to my previous speculation.

[PURE SPECULATION]
Guys, I was wondering, what if the Gen V games inject something into the Gen IV codes to support the Gen V Pokémon (I know it is impossible to edit a game's code in its cartridge using influence, but maybe Nintendo will develop a new way)? What if they are hidden in the game's code and can be unlocked by linking to Gen V games? We cannot know, for sure.
[/PURE SPECULATION]

There will be connectivity, there will be compatibility. How? Amongst us the Humans, only Nintendo and the developers know.[/css-div]

shengar
June 10th, 2010, 02:51 AM
I hope. I'm looking forward transfering my precious Feebases to Pokemon Black

Mac@ACK!
June 10th, 2010, 10:19 PM
1. Its funny that my thread which covered this exact same topic just dissapeared and this one has 2 more pages. :(

2. I'm PLEADING for a way to get our teams over to B/W. Maybe its the OCD in me, but I have to have my competetive pokemon in the newest generation. Thats just a must. As far as "Pal Park" goes? I have a feeling Nintendo will scrap that, and revert back to the old ways. The only reason the pal park was an option was to continue the usage of cartridge GBA games. With HGSS, and DPPt, every Pokemon is available in one way or another. They're trying to eliminate cartriges now. With B/W coming out, considering the version differences, (certain Pokemon only available in certain games, ie. reshiram and zekrom) they will HAVE to maintain some connectivity with the older games, just to be able to complete the National Dex. Which... to my anguish... will require over 500 Pokemon to be seen or captured. There goes next summer vacation. :P

Myles
June 10th, 2010, 10:28 PM
[css-div="padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; border-color: red blue; border-style:solid; background-color: #000000"]There will be connectivity, there will be compatibility. How? Amongst us the Humans, only Nintendo and the developers know.[/css-div]

The Japanese shiny legendary dogs released for the latest movie in Japan for Gen IV, have been revealed to be able to be traded over to Gen V for something to happen in-game about them (like with the event Regigigas). So there will be some compatibility, we're just not sure how much.