PDA

View Full Version : Anybody still play Ruby or Sapphire?

AaronOnPokemon
May 26th, 2010, 07:24 AM
I just yesterday got a GBA SP and I was wondering if anyone ese had one or still play there game for the SP.

I have Ruby and I am really liking it, I have a level 42 Gyarados that knows splash ^-^ Do you know how awesome that is! :cheeky:

Hoenn
May 26th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Yup, I love R/S/E and everything about it, the Hoenn Region, the Evil Teams, Storyline ect.
(I mainly play Emerald now, but I play Sapphire now and then, I lost my Ruby years ago)

Sydian
May 26th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Gyarados with Splash doesn't...really sound that awesome. But yeah, I've played through those games more than any other. I know them like the back of my hand. Item and TM locations, NPC dialog, trainer's Pokemon...I'm that bad. I like Emerald more though. More trainers to fight. >:)

Ryden
May 26th, 2010, 07:29 AM
when it comes to playing the advance generation, I usually end up playing my copy of Emerald over my copy of sapphire...in fact if I recall correctly I lent my copy of Sapphire to my roomate.

a LV 42 Gryarados that knows spash, I assume you trained up a Magikarp then, eh?

AaronOnPokemon
May 26th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Yeah I did... I had him as an egg... I was so proud :laugh:

Lol I trade with people in my class ;)

Hoenn
May 26th, 2010, 07:50 AM
I really hope that they remake R/S, I'd just love to play through Hoenn again.

fenyx4
May 26th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Yeah, I still play. Well, Emerald at least! If you notice my current location, I'm stuck in Generation III (have been for a long time now) because I don't have a DS Lite yet. And now, Generation V is dawning upon us! :D I'm glad that new games are coming out, but I'd least like to own a Lucario or Giratina before Gen IV ends! :) Working on obtaining Platinum and HeartGold in the near future, and beginning migration via Pal Park sometime later (which will probably be a long time as I have to adequately explore both games first).

But Emerald has some awesome stuff. Vicious starters (Blaziken FTW, my trusty starter and first one ever!), Gym Leader rematches, May, integration of both Team Magma and Team Aqua into the plot, cool cutscenes, Rayquaza, Trainer Hill, the Battle Frontier... I've lost 2 Sapphire carts before, so changing over to Emerald was a bit of a consolation... In my case, the Battle Frontier is at times engaging and other times boring. When you keep on losing right before hitting the 50-win streak, it puts a large damper on the game... Maybe it's my Pokemon...

But yeah, Generation III is the Gen that reeled me back into the Pokemon universe (perhaps permanently! :D) Moreover, it's the gen I'm more knowledgeable about (enough so I can traverse Granite Cave without the Flash HM on one of my party Pokemon).

Funny thing is, it was the Secret Base feature that caught my eye when I first glimpsed someone playing Sapphire.. :) In any case, Hoenn is awesome!

Okami Chi
May 26th, 2010, 08:13 AM
I have been replaying them, but just to get the legends. That's all though.

-Okami

chikorita125
May 26th, 2010, 08:51 AM
i play it, but have only just started playing

AaronOnPokemon
May 26th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Yeah the game is decent.. I am really enjoying the storyline :)

Sydian
May 26th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Moreover, it's the gen I'm more knowledgeable about (enough so I can traverse Granite Cave without the Flash HM on one of my party Pokemon).

Same here. XD I literally just went through Granite Cave this morning and I still remember where the Pokeball is and that there's a hidden Everstone when you press A by a rock. I've never bothered using Flash in there except when I came back to get a Nosepass once.

Himalama
May 26th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Yup, still playing Sapphire. Not much, though, since I have nothing to trade with and trading is fun XD

HugSomebody
May 26th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Haaa, you sound so proud of your Gyrados. ;D

And yeah, I absolutely love Hoenn and its game. Hoenn has some pretty beastly music, secret bases, cute Pokemon...I restarted my Emerald a little while ago and I still play it.

JAK3
May 26th, 2010, 02:31 PM
The thing about Ruby and Sapphire is it's harder to play nowadays because of the memories, I can easily play my Leaf Green cartridge because I never played it when I was younger. But Sapphire was my first owned Pokemon Game, and I still have the original cartridge I got in '03! It was fun back then, It still is, but I can never find myself to play it now.

nm legend
May 26th, 2010, 02:31 PM
yea i just started playin ruby.... i like it becuz of the new region .... but it looks like most of the pokemon suck like my electrike who wont learn another electric move besides thunder wave but i like my blue, black, and kips (swellow, mightyena,and marshtomp)

Nickmonster
May 26th, 2010, 05:38 PM
I really play R/S/E but i have DSi,RUBY.SHAPPIRE was the best game to me on the GBA,i am hopeing to get one,and hopefully my brother let me play on his Nds lite.

RyanGT
May 26th, 2010, 06:14 PM
I still play Emerald if that counts. It's my favorite out of all the Pokemon games so far.

shookie
May 26th, 2010, 06:22 PM
I'm very, very, very slowly working through Ruby. I got frustrated from getting stomped on by Norman over and over that I put it down a few days ago and haven't picked it up. I'd like to finish it sometime soon, I just need to be in the right mood to do so.

SacredCheese
May 26th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Heck, I still play my pokemon silver on my gameboy color, gotta do it old school yo!

dooxer
May 26th, 2010, 07:04 PM
gotta say that since i have no DS lite charger, R/S/E are the only games i find worth playing lol... over and over and over... xD

EmeraldSerenade
May 26th, 2010, 07:10 PM
I still play Emerald once in a while. I enjoy the battle factory ._.

`MorningSun
May 27th, 2010, 01:13 AM

Yeah I would love to play through Hoenn again with better graphics :P. Anyways I play Emerald if that counts. Decided to do Battle Frontier Battle Factory (Love battle swap :P) maybe finish battle frontier now that I know how to actually play.

Itz Spadezz
May 27th, 2010, 02:32 AM
I still play, because I simply love the Hoenn Region. If it got a remake i would buy it in a heartbeat.

FalconsDrummer
May 27th, 2010, 03:02 AM
I actually just started a new game on Ruby. I haven't really played a Generation III game since getting a DS 5 or 6 months ago, apart from sending Pokémon over to Pal Park. Although, to be fair, I'm mainly only doing it now to get Pokémon to send over to my DS games. It'll still be fun though! I'm going to see how fast I can get through it while still having fun.

Ashdejan
May 27th, 2010, 03:26 AM
I play Emerald ver. on emulator right now.
Loving it

The Cynic
May 27th, 2010, 04:52 AM
I play Emerald all the time as it is my favourite Pokemon game but I've never played Ruby and Saphire. What's the point if Emerald's better?

mystic_flygon
May 27th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Yea, many people still play Ruby/Sapphire. I play it 'cuz, you know Pal Park? You can get Pokemon from 3rd Gen and transfer it to your DS pokemon games...

PiPVoda
May 27th, 2010, 01:44 PM
I don't have any of the RSE games anymore. I want to get Ruby and Emerald again but the prices online for them are insane....I'll probably scoot on over to GameStop in the next few weeks to buy one.

I play Emerald all the time as it is my favourite Pokemon game but I've never played Ruby and Saphire. What's the point if Emerald's better?

early childhood memories? :D

Kirbychu
May 27th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I'll occasionally whip one of these out.

AngHeartsDrew
May 27th, 2010, 03:08 PM
I play them! I transport all my pokemon to Diamond, Soul Silver, Etc :D. I love participating in the old contest too. Ah memories ^^

Lanturnista
May 27th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Of course I still play them. They're like my most favorite games ever. Also, I like Ruby/Sapphire more than Emerald.

RivalGator
May 27th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Once in a while I play them, but they were my least favorite out of the Pokemon GameBoy series so I don't really play them as often.

Aggron1991
May 28th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Of all the games in the Pokemon series, Ruby and Sapphire were my least favorite. I just didn't like the feel of them, and I thought they were a letdown compared to how awesome Gold and Silver were. Also, I thought they were kind of overloaded with legendaries (I had the same problem with DP).

Emerald, however, was a great improvement. :D

560cool.
May 28th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Hah ! Are you kidding me ?
I have a Ruby from a friend and Sapphire was my 1st Pokemon game. The only Hoenn game which I don't own is Emerald !
I'm still playing Gen III, if that's the question. I love Hoenn to death and I also love its Pokemon !

JAK3
May 29th, 2010, 04:01 PM
I recently whipped out my old Sapphire, dusted off my charger, Flashed out my Gameboy, and put Sapphire in, I remembered how fun it was to sit on the Picnic table for four hours with all my pals at Summer Camp, and we all had a special Pokemon, my old friend, he had a Shiny Crobat. So right now I am doing a Duo Challenge, but right now I am not looking at it as a challenge, but more of another Adventure, looking back at old memories, and it's so far, very fun. :)

Leki
May 29th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Gonna restart Ruby. Right now playing Emerald 'cause I wanna see Tucker!

Leophard
May 30th, 2010, 01:58 AM
Well, I'm playing Pokémon Emerald right now... But only because of a challenge I accepted on these forums. :P
I do think that the R/S/E games are the finest in the series, though! If you don't count the Diamond and Pearl that is, I haven't played those yet...

dozo
May 30th, 2010, 07:37 PM
I still play my Sapphire from time to time.

I think it was my most played/most favorite of the games, as far as story line and starters go.

The Red Chain
May 30th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Well not recently... but I have thought about restarting my Emerald or Sapphire and giving the third generation another try.
I really don't like it as of right now, but there has to be something about it that I will like.
Besides, I don't remember much about the games anymore.. so it will be fun to try again. :pink_smile:

Brendonwii
May 31st, 2010, 12:29 AM
Nahhh it kinda gets boring when you have done every thing ie pokedex, battle tower.
BTW spent 240 hours. (in 6 years)

pjofan
May 31st, 2010, 08:47 AM
I own all three Hoenn games! It took me a long time to beat Ruby, as it was one of my first Pokemon games. I just recently deleted my Sapphire file after migrating all of the Pokemon to Diamond and Pearl. I'm just beat the fifth gym!

JakeG
May 31st, 2010, 11:04 PM
The best thing Pokemon can do now is remake Hoen.
The storyline, Pokemon, evil teams, and memories were better then any of the other games for me.

bz5566
May 31st, 2010, 11:08 PM
you know, I always say that hoenn was the worst generation... but every time I find myself playing on a new file :-P

AaronOnPokemon
May 31st, 2010, 11:26 PM
I just completed Ruby. I am buying Emerald today, I was told there was more to do on Emerald then Ruby and Saphire so I getting it. :)

Spiron
May 31st, 2010, 11:34 PM
Haven't played anything but HeartGold as of late, but I'm going to play through Platinum and Emerald from now on. Once I have both of those played out, I think it'll be time to give HeartGold a second run through.

To be honest, I thought ruby was pretty awesome when I first played it, but that was when it came out... I'm going to play through Emerald this time, hopefully it's as good as I remember it being. ^_^

AaronOnPokemon
May 31st, 2010, 11:43 PM
Yeah my mate was telling me that it is really good. Because of the Battle frontier and the way you can go back to the gyms to get your level up :)

Sounds like some fun. :D

Hybrid Theory
June 1st, 2010, 05:15 AM
I still play it from time to time because I still haven't beaten the E4 yet. DARN YOU STEVEN! Dx

§acred†Beo!
June 2nd, 2010, 09:56 PM
After finally beating Red on my HG version I decided since I hadn't been to Hoenn in awhile I may as well revisit it, so yes I just restarted my game an hour ago on Sapphire.

Living_Lich
June 3rd, 2010, 11:10 AM
I possess Ruby and Emerald cartridges. I've beaten the game and then some on both, and slowly attempting to trade *everything* to one cartridge, probably Ruby. I borrowed each from a friend >.>

Hoenn
June 3rd, 2010, 12:11 PM
R/S/E - Best games so far, also the funnest in my opinion!

inferno7453
June 4th, 2010, 01:51 PM
I play Emerald and Ruby gonna play Saphire soon! And by the way all of them are awesome, whoever doesn´t have them should try it!

Nikorasu
June 4th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Im playing sapphire to get shiny: kyogre, rayquaza, and all three regis xD Oh and beldum.

It is a game you dont really get bored of imo.
I want them to remake aswell. BUT PLEASE DONT ADD SINNOH POKEMON </333

Denny Hamlin
June 6th, 2010, 05:36 PM
I just started playing Ruby..

bwburke94
June 6th, 2010, 05:51 PM
I'm doing a Let's Play of Sapphire currently.

edit: my Youtube channel is bwburke94.

Zoroark-Nightmare
June 6th, 2010, 05:55 PM
I played my sapphire all the time. regardless of the fact I can never find the stupid key to the water type's gym. Wallace is the gym leader's name I think...

It got stolen though.

Thingula
June 6th, 2010, 06:06 PM
I play it sometimes, but usually only on emulators on my Droid and iPod.

Thunderhead
June 6th, 2010, 07:37 PM
I don't bother with R/S as much, as Emerald is the better option of the three. However, I have and still do play through my sapphire game just for the legendary & starters.

I'm pretty sure in the future people will look down upon D/P and rather go for Platinum, as the pattern continues.

Two Games to start off with - Remake of game. (I bet you in 2013, remakes of R/S will be out), and then a Master version of the two games in one game.

This is just how it flows, and I can see the games flowing in this pattern!

Aggressor
June 6th, 2010, 11:46 PM
I don't know where I put Sapphire. Though recently, I downloaded Pokemon Ruby and started playing again. Pokemon Emerald is the best though.

Teh Newbeh
June 7th, 2010, 09:20 AM
This post makes me want to play emerald,,, I havent played one of these three in years, it would almost be like a new adventure!

Kotowari
June 7th, 2010, 10:01 AM
I used to play Emerald in April a lot. :0 I started a new with the hopes of training a decent contest Pokémon and a team that could take on the Battle Frontier (never won something :<). I was so disappointed when I found out there were no Pokéblocks nor Contest Halls, but Battle Tents.
Yes, it had been THAT long since I played Emerald... >_>
Hoenn is much fun though. : D

Nabooru
June 10th, 2010, 12:33 PM
I only play Emerald. To me, Ruby & Sapphire were to short.

Droidz
June 11th, 2010, 09:58 PM
One of my friends is borrowing my Ruby but i have Emerald and i still play that occasionally.

MasterPokeZ
June 13th, 2010, 03:17 AM
I just bought Ruby recently, so I now play it all the time, to try and get the legendaries so I can migrate them.

BlazingShadow
June 13th, 2010, 03:55 AM
I hope they make a NDS Pokemon version featuring the Hoenn Region.

DJ. Yabup 99
June 13th, 2010, 10:32 AM
I still play it. It was one of my favourite games from the pokemon series.

JackGamer
June 13th, 2010, 11:41 AM

Same. I mean, occassionally I'll pick up Emerald/Sapphire for a few minutes, but Hoenn is my favourite region so playing through it with better graphics would be immense!

Deokishisu
June 13th, 2010, 12:46 PM
I pick up Sapphire sometimes. I plan on raising a 4 Pokemon Team and transferring them to a restarted Heartgold and go through all of Kanto with them. Figured I might spice up the latest semi-boring Pokemon game with some more unusual and less seen Hoenn Pokemon.

And on the remake front. I'd like to see a remake so I could see Hoenn from an updated graphical perspective, but I thought Hoenn's storyline was incredibly weak. Beautiful Region + Weak Storyline = Meh Game. Actually, I hope B+W breathe some life back into this series...

Blackhebrew2
June 14th, 2010, 12:49 PM
I just bought Ruby for 8 euro on ebay. I cannot wait until it arrives in the post,but for me,the R/S/E games just feel "out of place" and different from the other games in the series. I would love to try this game out.

Eurydice
June 15th, 2010, 08:02 PM
im planning on restarting ruby and emerald soon. i just restarted sapphire. its one of my favorite generations

TmsRaider
June 15th, 2010, 10:28 PM
I still play Ruby, mainly because its still my favourite after all.

JAK3
June 16th, 2010, 12:03 PM
I just recently picked up my Gameboy SP and played on my Sapphire, so far I have a cool team.
A Mudkip named Skip and a Zigzagoon named Burglar. :)

Migueliscool
June 16th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I dont play Runy but It's funny I bought Emerald off my friend just today. I started a new game but I haven't played it in a while so I could use some tips on some bomb Pokemon would be nice :)

Human
June 16th, 2010, 05:53 PM
I'm playing it right now. Frankly, I'm not impressed with the third gen games. And, I'm about to rip my hair out seeing as it's pretty much impossible to catch Registeel without a Master Ball.

Steve Moore
June 17th, 2010, 05:42 AM
I really hope that they remake R/S, I'd just love to play through Hoenn again. Yes. Me too. I love Hoenn and R/S/E's storyline.

PuNkSter
June 17th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Right now I can't stand Ruby. It feels weird playing it. Emerald's way better in my opinion.

Insane85
June 17th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Gen III is personally my least favourite, but I still play them over and over :D

AeonWolf
June 17th, 2010, 12:05 PM
I'd play Ruby if I could find my version... I've looked all around my room and still can't find it. I had all the Regis and Rayquaza :(

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
June 17th, 2010, 01:09 PM
As soon as I access the Pal Park in SoulSilver and transfer my Hoenn E4 team to my SS cartridge, I'm restarting my Emerald game. I only came to Hoenn after I had played Sinnoh, but I absolutely adore the region and its Pokémon. Especially Zigzagoon/Linoone. <3

vinni57
June 17th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Hoenn was a great region. My first game was sapphire version and everything is put together almost perfectly! I rarely play it now days, but I'd like to get back to it.

Shadow Dawn
June 20th, 2010, 12:09 PM
GenIII was my favorite. I really love everything about it. The storyline is wonderful, the two teams are also something interesting that is unique to Hoenn. The Pokemon are also great and can't be found in any meaningful number outside of R/S/E. The whole feel of the game has a slightly different feel about it that I don't think is present in any other game.

Agent Clank
June 20th, 2010, 02:13 PM
The whole feel of the game has a slightly different feel about it that I don't think is present in any other game.

I agree,It did have a slightly different feel to it.
but back on topic,I love this Pokemon Sapphire and have played it not too long ago.
and It also has one of my favorite legendaries in it.

chickenofunity
June 22nd, 2010, 08:54 AM
Since I am one of those cool people without any sort of DS, gen3 was my favourite. I Love Ruby and Sapphire, and the contests, and I play a lot. I lost my emerald though. :( .I'm tempted to buy a new one, but I might not bother.
I played on a friends DS though, and decided I like Hoenn more than Sinnoh. By a lot. :)

Sparky1232
June 22nd, 2010, 12:03 PM
I play Sapphire sometimes for the nostalgia, since it was my first Pokemon game. :) I'm also hoping that someday I'll be able to get to Mirage Island, and I try to check often.

pino17
June 22nd, 2010, 07:49 PM
I do
i am restarting all pokemon game to see if i can get better at them
use different pokemon strategies

RED BARON
June 22nd, 2010, 07:54 PM
Going to restart one soon. Been playing all the old ones lately.

Shadow Dawn
June 24th, 2010, 04:39 AM
I'm playing it right now. Frankly, I'm not impressed with the third gen games. And, I'm about to rip my hair out seeing as it's pretty much impossible to catch Registeel without a Master Ball.&lt;br /&gt;<br />
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
Lol, I caught Mewtoo with a Great Ball. But don't let something that stupid get in the way of you enjoyment. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I think R/S/E are the best mainseries Pokemon games so far. Plus, you can't find Hoenn Pokmemon anywere else. Other games have old Pokemon mixed with new
ones, but Hoenn Pokemon are only in Hoenn.
Oh, and yeah, I still play them :P

Canderis
June 24th, 2010, 07:39 AM
I just beat ruby finally. Everything is done, nothing left to do... Time to restart :D

Christopher
June 24th, 2010, 08:46 PM
I still play my sapphire mostly to pal park legends to my SS/Platinum right now I am trying to get the regis Registeel is giving my problems ahhhhhh I hate it so much

Arty
June 24th, 2010, 09:05 PM
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
Lol, I caught Mewtoo with a Great Ball. But don't let something that stupid get in the way of you enjoyment. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I think R/S/E are the best mainseries Pokemon games so far. Plus, you can't find Hoenn Pokmemon anywere else. Other games have old Pokemon mixed with new
ones, but Hoenn Pokemon are only in Hoenn.
Oh, and yeah, I still play them :P

I beg to differ on Humans post seeing as I just caught Registeel and Regirock in less than ten minutes using less than 15 ultra balls total. it all about luck.

Christopher
June 24th, 2010, 09:08 PM
It's true I just watched her do it I'm kind of mad and kinda glad but all in all I'm going to get Regigas (spelling)

tayloryusha1
June 24th, 2010, 09:15 PM
yes i play emerald too (:

Mewtwo152
June 26th, 2010, 02:43 PM
I'm often finding myself back in 2003 with my Ruby. I wouldn't understand anyone who said they didn't like Hoenn. It truly is, I think, the most unique region. One: Because it's the only main region without an 'O' sound at the end, and two: Because it has so little connection with the other regions, whilst all the others are connected to Kanto.

Naruto Uzumaki
June 29th, 2010, 05:48 AM
No, not anymore, I used to play them a lot last year, but this year I don't feel like playing any Pokemon Games.

Air Pichu
June 29th, 2010, 10:20 AM
I definitely still play it. I started a new Game on both, I like connecting them too.

Niprop
June 29th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Tried...

*Blows Sapphire and Inserts into DS*

There is no game in the GBA slot

*Rinse, Repeat*

*Rinse, Repeat*

There is an options pack in the GBA slot

*Rinse, Repeat*

*One more time!*

Start GBA game

*squeal*

*Game starts up, and freezes*

>=(

c3rad
June 30th, 2010, 10:21 AM
I started a new file in Ruby a few months ago, but I've since lost it. I'm still looking for it though, because that was one of my favorite pokemon games.

Jirachi²
July 1st, 2010, 10:20 PM
I still play R/S/E, I recently finished Emerald with a Swampert only run, and I really did enjoy it, I have finished both Ruby and Sapphire too but currently my Ruby has been reset, and my brother is playing Sapphire so when I get some free time I will be playing through Ruby again.

- Jirachi² -

Blueknight
July 2nd, 2010, 09:56 AM
I'm playin emerald right now. I have a LV41 Milotic that I caught, and it owns :3

Zaroas
July 5th, 2010, 05:04 AM
I started a new game in Ruby recently, actually. Somone suggested I do that daycare trick with the Acro Bike and the mudslide with my Gyrados, who was falling behind my Blaziken (My only two Pokemon). Now Blaziken's level 40 and
Gyrados is level 51... >_< Ah well, the game's a lot of fun. Gyrados totally owns.

Weber
July 5th, 2010, 09:11 PM
its my favorite generation i just beat the elite four yesterday in under 10 hours, and i just got emerald and i am not playing through that one and i have to say i wish i would have gotten it sooner.

CafekkoGira~
July 6th, 2010, 03:56 AM
I can't seem to FIND my old Ruby Version. It was in French anyway but I speak French so that's okay...I just want to play it fr the sake of playing it. Hoenn was my favourite region...

I may just restart Emerald and cross my claws it doesn't freeze AGAIN.

Ruin Maniac
July 6th, 2010, 01:40 PM
I'd completed pokemon Ruby and caught all 151 third generation pokemon, on Saphire I'd got up to Norman, and then I found my Emerald...

shininglatios217
July 7th, 2010, 03:13 PM
I still play Pokémon Sapphire and I'm still trying to complete it. The only problem I have is that I don't have Leaf Green so I can't complete it.

[Rock Lee]
July 8th, 2010, 08:57 AM
I have a monotype challenge on hold for R/S and really want to finish it. I just need to get motivated... I mean, heck, I stopped right before the Elite Four. >_<

Hoenn's definitely my runner-up favorite region. Hoenn was very unique and I really enjoyed how the story of the game(s) flowed. The new pokemon introduced with the region were also extraodinary and exciting.

One of my favorite parts of the game is Route 113. The music, the ash, how the area looked... All of it was just so amazing to me.

HaloSonic
July 8th, 2010, 08:31 PM
i have 450+ hours clocked on sapphire and still going. about 62 more to go.

Brendino
July 10th, 2010, 12:24 AM
I still play my Sapphire time to time, but I've stopped just recently when I turned it on and found out that time-based events wouldn't happen anymore because the internal battery dried up. I guess that's what happens when you play a game for hundreds of hours :P

wobbadude1
July 10th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Hell yeah! Third gen is the greatest I find!! I think I have my favourite team on there, but to be honest with me I don't stop playing a particular Pokemon game...I would still play Gen I!!

kasabian_
July 10th, 2010, 04:55 PM
I bought my copy last month.
I think they're magnificent games, but fall below the standerds of FR and LG(the first games I played).

keoni
July 11th, 2010, 09:25 PM
My personal favorite of all of the games is emerald...i started on ruby, then emerald, then saphire that i stole from a friend.....they made emerald perfectly...if they made a remake i'd buy it instantly...but i would prefer to only have 1 screen...

Faline
July 13th, 2010, 02:36 AM
I just did play and lurk around the towns/cities in the game last week. XD

Netish
July 13th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Heck, I still play my pokemon silver on my gameboy color, gotta do it old school yo!
same lmao but it came in handy in the new heartgold game I have

I got a ruby and couldn't find it after a while so I got sapphire then suddenly my sapphire disappeared and I found my ruby then ruby disappeared and I found my sapphire...it's a conspiracy... anyways, so I played it still until the internal battery ran out X_X I have to replace it but I have been busy playing heartgold and with college -_-

Guillermo
July 13th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Nah, I just looked at this forum for the hell of it. I don't *actually* play any games from the third generation.

PKMN Trainer Alison
July 14th, 2010, 01:20 AM
I still do, I actually prefer them over Pearl and Diamond.

Doppelgänger
July 15th, 2010, 03:34 PM
I actually found my Pokemon Sapphire the other day, so I recently started playing it again.

Have no idea whatever happened to my Ruby though... xD

Slowking Bro
July 17th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Definitely! I'm about to play Sapphire again, and I gotta say, it's my favorite game in the series! I love the scenery, the Pokemon, the story, everything! It was my first Pokemon game out of the main series, and I've loved it ever since!

Xebelleon
July 17th, 2010, 07:30 PM
The Hoenn games are among my faves. Am often somewhere in Hoenn in some game.

Emerald is my main however. For breeding reasons and Pokedex sharing between my GBA titles. National in Emerald is only missing Mew, Deoxys, Celebi, Hooh, Jirachi. One of each Pokemon, one of each Unown and all Ditto other than Neutrals. Also have a few Synchronize Natu of several natures... only enoughj room for about nine Pokemon...

TDCass
July 17th, 2010, 07:39 PM
I'm playing Ruby right now ^_^ I started over though, and I'm using a lv. 12 Torchic, lv. 10 Taillow, lv. 7 Zigzagoon, and lv. 6 Seedot-- I'm working on training the Seedot for the first gym

RioKura
July 18th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I still play but only on ROMs. I don't have an SP or GBA anymore.

Maydevoir
July 19th, 2010, 02:37 PM
I still have my Sapphire that I bought when it first came out. I never really played it that much, since I grew to dislike the 3rd Generation games and also because I was a real big fan of the 2nd Generation. I am, however, now starting to actually play through my Sapphire version, since I've had a renewed interest in Pokémon.

N!ck
July 20th, 2010, 04:34 AM
I caught every Pokemon on my Emerald version (only had to hack in 10 at the most, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, etc to fill up the missing places). I had Ruby, but gave it off to my brother, and now I'm stuck with my Emerald and Sapphire. I would still play if, only if I wasn't so bored all the time :l

NocturnalNinja
July 21st, 2010, 07:24 PM
XD I still play RSE when I get time. Sadly I haven't been playing it much lately but once I finish HG for my monotype challenge, I'm probably going to play either Ruby or Sapphire for the second part of it. :)

UltimaSilva
July 22nd, 2010, 01:19 AM
I actually really like Hoenn and Kanto. Hoenn has some great pokemon, a great storyline, great evil teams, and heck, it's just GREAT! XD

Zeffy
July 22nd, 2010, 03:48 AM
I still play it, on emulators. I still have the original cartridge of Ruby hiding in my closet. xD

Helena Anne Valentine
July 23rd, 2010, 01:49 PM
I love playing Sapphire! I love my Blaziken and Kyogre on there!
I clocked the game in a day, which is a first for me and I'm really proud.

Jung
July 23rd, 2010, 04:31 PM
I did play it about a month ago. I was reallyy bored. I miss all the excitement over RSE & FR/LG.. I have Ruby,Sapphire and Fire Red. xD Spent countless hours on Sapphire. :o

MortaSoldier
July 23rd, 2010, 09:11 PM
.I'm one of the wierd people... I love gen 3 (My favorite). I got all games... (yes including DS games) but I can never stop playing Emerald... Personally I think Emerald's battle frontier is better than the other's... I didn't like Frontier changes on Gen4 games... you got a gen 3 loving partner here

Professor W.
July 25th, 2010, 04:08 PM
I love R/S, even though I wasn't as aware of Pokemon when it came out. Unfortunaltly, my GBA slot is messed up and whenever I play DPPt my current RS save file is corrupted.

~Prof. W.

WH
July 25th, 2010, 06:27 PM
I restart the game and play it again when I feel like it, then I send most of my Pokemon to the DS games. I really like R/S/E for some reason.

nialchos
July 25th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Yes! X) Whenever I have time! I love those games! :D

Gulpin
July 26th, 2010, 05:27 AM
These are my favorite games; and besides doing challenges on them right now I'm doing a normal playthrough on a Sapphire I got for less than 5 cents at a garage sale. I have 2 Sapphire cartriges, one Ruby, and one Emerald.

Cilerba
July 26th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Occasionally I'll take a break from Playing FR/LG and play some Sapphire, or Emerald.
The graphics weren't the best, but I really like the Pokémon.

Destinyfate
July 26th, 2010, 08:30 AM
I love Generation 3 too,I have all the games for it Ruby,Saphire and Emerald (:

bwburke94
July 27th, 2010, 08:34 AM
I have Sapphire. I'm actually Let's Playing it (well, my first LP attempt failed, I'll be restarting soon.)

Weavile05
July 27th, 2010, 08:54 AM
I actually recently imported all ma pokes on sapphire into Platinum and SS
I sorta failed, and want to start over.
learn from my mistake, always make sure you are prepared for norman before you go to challenge him.
It is extremely hard to train for Norman after you've tried to battle him because of his location.

Chellychu
July 27th, 2010, 11:26 AM
I still play. c:
I recently started my sapphire over to give me something to do instead of level grinding in soulsilver. xD
Aaaand I really love the pokemon contests. * u*

Silhouette
July 27th, 2010, 01:11 PM
I play Sapphire and Emerald all the time. They don't have as many hours as my Diamond, Platinum, and SS, (probably not even close to half), but the Hoenn region games were my absolute favorite.

okjoek
July 28th, 2010, 06:11 PM
yup, i play emerald, i want a newer version for ds so i can can still play hoenn region while being able to onnect with other people without my stupid conecting cord.

pokemon9001
August 23rd, 2010, 02:38 PM
I play both of them. They are awesome

Weavile05
August 23rd, 2010, 06:12 PM
I play Sapphire every so often. even though I only have two badges right now... (I restarted recently and haven't played very often.

MiniM00se
August 23rd, 2010, 07:19 PM
YES. Emerald is my favorite Pokemon game, and one of my favorite video games ever!

mervyn797
August 24th, 2010, 01:13 AM
I do own Sapphire but rarely play it. But Emerald, yes. Definitely, its one of my favorite Pokemon games ever.

Musician of Literature
August 24th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Yeah! Best game ever. Gens 1, 2, and 4... Yeah, they were not as good as the 3rd. Go Sapphire!!!!!

yup, i play emerald, i want a newer version for ds so i can can still play hoenn region while being able to onnect with other people without my stupid conecting cord.

Yeah, it stinks that I can't trade with other people (because I don't think many of my non-PC friends like Pokemon, except my BFF, but he doesn't own the RSE games.

Pwnyta Jockey
August 31st, 2010, 11:14 AM
More of a Sapphire player. Hoenn is better than Kanto. Least for GBA it is. Also somewhat easier to do a speed run and beat the Elite 4 as it takes fewer Pokemon given the way I rush to the end. Fifteen hours Hoenn doesn't quite disappoint me without trading.

shuppet88
August 31st, 2010, 03:12 PM
.I'm one of the wierd people... I love gen 3 (My favorite). I got all games... (yes including DS games) but I can never stop playing Emerald... Personally I think Emerald's battle frontier is better than the other's... I didn't like Frontier changes on Gen4 games... you got a gen 3 loving partner here

Totally this...

The Battle Frontier from Emerald was pure love! Seriously, I think it's way better than the current Battle Frontier. Ruby was my first game of the franchise, and personally I found it to be the best of the third generation in terms of creativity...I thought FireRed was so boring. I don't understand people's obsession with the first generation. Sigh so jonesing for a remake. I actually lost my old Emerald, but found my old Ruby so I'm replaying it. It's really fun! I plan on re-purchasing a used Emerald from game stop at my school (scary huh there is a game stop at my college!)

Someone above mentioned how hard Norman is...yes, he brutally punished me. It was actually quite shameful. I lasted about a couple minutes. My poor little Aron happened to have really crap special defense, got his butt handed to him every time. So that one went back to the computer. Somehow I managed to survive and win, and now I am grinding right before the E4 by repeatedly battling the news reporter and her camera man. Though they don't give a whole lot of exp, it's way better than trying to do that with wild pokemon. Plus the doubled money with amulet coin is always sweet.

PlatinumDude
September 1st, 2010, 04:28 AM
I still have Ruby and Sapphire, but I don't play them as much anymore.

Sewzie
September 1st, 2010, 04:53 AM
I still play R/S/E, mostly Emerald, though, since I caught a bunchload of Pokemon there heehee =D
But yeah, sometimes, just to look back at my previous achievements and/or continue my re-plays.

STFUNAPPA1
September 1st, 2010, 05:46 AM
Sapphire for me i caught all the ledgendaries except deoxys and jerachi but i'm workin on it :D

SocialD
September 1st, 2010, 07:06 AM
I play it all the time! I have them both, I played Ruby and my little brother played Saphire. But he never plays it anymore so I was actually going to start it over and play it >.>

ROFLCOPTERNZ
September 2nd, 2010, 02:06 AM
Gen 3 is probably the best on GBA.
Still play them :P though i like to reset and use different users

Pikachu lvl88
September 3rd, 2010, 12:00 PM
I was playing Ruby but now i'm playing Emerald as Ruby got "damaged" (hacking lulz) so I have to use Quicksave of VBA to play Ruby xD Both are played by Visual Boy Advance.
Although I probably hacked most on Ruby... Ruby is only game where I have LEGIT shiny =D Why I hacked? I don't remember =) On Emerald only "hack" was using Advance Map to meet Latias although I do this just to know where is Latias. Even with a knowledge where is Latias - it still was somewhat hard to find her as I have to go by foot/surfing. Repel helped me a lot with this. I played Ruby a long time ago, about more than year ago =D maybe even more than 18 months ago o.o
PS.Ok, I'm going to "hunt" Plusle and Minun in Emerald :D
PS 2.Dammit I forgot that I go to Battle Dome. If you don't know, "randomity" here is none. Even with quicksave and quickload there is no randomity :O
Plan changed. I'm training now my Ninjask which drinked 10 Carbos (lulz)

Dreadnought
September 4th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Yeah currently playing Sapphire and trying to catch the regi's which are a pain in the **SS.

Pia Carrot
September 4th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Not really; I just use my Gameshark now and give people filler Celebi's and stuff for free.

gregory_turner420
September 7th, 2010, 10:31 PM
i play through emerald once a year cuz it has the most epic battle frontier.

serabeth
September 8th, 2010, 12:45 AM
I don't have a DS, so this is the furthest I can get atm in pokemon games, so yeah I still play Emerald :P. I've never really had Pokemon much past level 50 or so (usually they are low-mid 40s when I beat the Elite Four), and I've never gone through the trouble to get legendaries in any of the generations, but I'm having fun in my current game, where I used my brother's Sapphire to send over a level 5 Beldum from my last emerald game :P. Due to the boost in exp., and due to the fact that I'm only raising 3 pokemon for the battledome, my metagross is level 53 already after 7 badges...Normally it would be 35 or so at this point lol I'm really bad at levelling.

I've never played Ruby or Sapphire, though -- just Emerald.

I have leaf green and I also have gold...I don't really play either of those much, but I'd say I play the gold a little more than the leaf green -- I really liked generation II. Those are pretty much played maybe once a year or less, though, whereas I typically play Emerald maybe 3 times a year.

solarowl
September 17th, 2010, 10:56 PM
I guess I've been playing Emerald, and ruby. NOt my sapphire :|.

Recluse
September 17th, 2010, 11:31 PM
I'm currently doing Nuzlocke run on Ruby. I also stream this run on livestream.com.

imevil
September 18th, 2010, 05:23 AM
i do, i love the hoenn region

I Tried Voodoo Once
September 18th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Ruby and fire red are alli play now, the DS versions arekinda lame and repetetive so i stick with 3rd gen cause its perfect imo

Lαvi
September 19th, 2010, 12:08 AM
I do. I just finished playing Emerald a few weeks before. I always enjoyed this generation's Pokémon and the Hoenn region is my second favorite region; we will have to wait until I get B&W.

girliehhhhhh
October 2nd, 2010, 04:59 PM
I still have my Sapphire that I bought when it first came out. I never really played it that much, since I grew to dislike the 3rd Generation games and also because I was a real big fan of the 2nd Generation. I am, however, now starting to actually play through my Sapphire version, since I've had a renewed interest in Pokémon.