PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] A bad feeling...

Mr.Crowley
May 27th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Guys, I've just been hit by a bad feeling.

Get this, the new Pokemon game has Airplanes, cars, highways, and promotes "big cities" and "long bridges" - all modern 21st century related... So what of the Pokemon's that we expect to be released along with it?

My theory is this, we may be seeing the first ever "Truck Pokemon" not too long from now, and... I'm so not up for it.

Do you guys think it's a possibility? Someone prove me wrong, please ;-;

Benjamin510
May 27th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Ohhh........ GODddddddddddd Just Realized that will be stumped on how different this will be... There is already a thread I think but i was only here for gen 5 Speculation, so i do not know what to expect.

HugSomebody
May 27th, 2010, 02:38 PM
I don't think the creators would go out and do something as silly as "truck" Pokemon (I'd be hecka freaked if they did though, we might even have gasoline and oil as a new type of item o.O;; ). It's likely that there will be more electronified and modern Pokemon, a little off the path of natural Pokemon. I'd not expecting something like Digimon here, but Pokemon that are more...comfortable yet modern.

dieter57
May 27th, 2010, 02:47 PM
they already started making pokemon into machines with rotoms new forms in platinum. what next? he evolves and can turn into a Lamborghini?

.EJ
May 27th, 2010, 02:54 PM
they already started making pokemon into machines with rotoms new forms in platinum. what next? he evolves and can turn into a Lamborghini?

That's only because he's an electronic ghost therefore it would make sense that he can manipulate and override machinery. I mean his type says it all "Ghost/Electric".

Storm_has_formed
May 27th, 2010, 02:56 PM

I'd drive that:P

In all seriousness, have a little faith in GF guys. I'm sure they will make it work somehow

dozo
May 27th, 2010, 03:07 PM
DRIVE IS THE NEW HM GAIZ

(I sure hope not anyway) :P

dieter57
May 27th, 2010, 03:08 PM
That's only because he's an electronic ghost therefore it would make sense that he can manipulate and override machinery. I mean his type says it all "Ghost/Electric".

and i (not to say many others) was just fine with an electric ghost pokemon. but a machine pokemon would be more of a steel electric type pokemon.

shengar
May 27th, 2010, 03:11 PM
I have faith that Ken Sugimori still retain his skill back from generation I give us some normal-good pokemon instead some odd-fugly pokemon

shookie
May 27th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Well, we've made it this far with Pokémon like Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone, Bronzong, Skarmory, Beldum/Metang/Metagross...robot-esque Pokémon. I don't see the big deal with like...a "cycle" Pokémon or something similar. I also don't see that it would really work since meeting something like a car Pokémon in the wild would be kind of weird.

beca
May 27th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Oh wow o_0

I can sort of imagine Togekiss evolving into some kind of helicopter type of thing ~_~ that would just be lame...

SiReNzZ
May 27th, 2010, 03:21 PM
I hope that GameFreak dosn't move too far away from the ordinary in the next gen .
One of the main reasons why I love Pokémon is because of the sence of adventure i.e leaving home and setting out with not much items at first into the world of Pokémon . Cars , trucks etc may defeat this imo . A few more modern things should be good but not over the top . I really just cannont see cars fitting in at all tbh :( walking and cycling is just fine with the aid of HM's such as Fly , Surf etc . As for Big Cities and Long Bridges im okay with that as long as there is good mix of old , historic towns and built up areas . I really hope Pokémon doesn't transform into a ultra-modern adventure .

Timbjerr
May 27th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I actually wouldn't mind seeing the occasional robotic pokemon in B/W, but at least keep them within the realms of logic. XD

I actually don't think the pokemon in Isshu will be all modernized and robotic so much as just plain exotic. :P

PiPVoda
May 27th, 2010, 03:50 PM
This is pokemon not transformers :P we'd never get a 'truck' pokemon. Pokemon are animals and will forever be (hopefully..unless they go a lil' digimon on us) which means they can only resemble real animals or be created to look like animals...if that makes any since :/

Elise
May 27th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Well, there certainly are robotic types of pokemon that come in the form of electric. I mean look at electrode and magnamite, they fit perfectly. :) It could be cool to have some "man-made" pokemon in the game, they could be called pokébots or something.

LinX
May 27th, 2010, 04:28 PM
It'll be fine, it's always the same. New pokemon are released, they look odd and unfamiliar but before you know it they start being mundane and your moving on to the next generation. Trust me it'll be ok, I used to think Treeko just wasn't right , and before that I was wondering what the happened to getting a Charmander at the start of a game! And now my dex says 493, and I cannot wait until Black and White!

Oh wow o_0

I can sort of imagine Togekiss evolving into some kind of helicopter type of thing ~_~ that would just be lame...

Actualy thinking about it, theres never been a Poke that evolves more than twice. Could be a new thing... or not.

We'll propably have new prevolutions though!

Haza
May 27th, 2010, 04:51 PM
I would not mind there being a robotic Pokemon for once but just one, and there would be a story behind it... but thats as far as I would take it.

Esper
May 27th, 2010, 04:53 PM
The whole cities-bridges-cars thing is just because that's what's new about these games. You don't seriously expect them to showcase something you've seen before, do you? I don't know about you, but I wouldn't be too excited if the first things I saw from the games were a couple of bugs in a forest.

LinX
May 27th, 2010, 05:00 PM
What I'd like to know is why isn't there a 3D adventure in the works? Mario and Zelda went 3D all those years ago, and it was great. I thought Pokemon Colosseum and Gales of Darkness was a step in the right direction. I was really hoping for a fully imersive game by the 4th generation but alas it wasn't to be...

I'm still gonna hope that the GenV Colosseum will have a grass running, cave exploring, ocean surfing good game involved.

Haza
May 27th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Or some sort of legendary pokemon that is bionic, or cyborg. that would be awesome... and I could imagine a story for it.

Guy
May 27th, 2010, 05:17 PM
The region itself does not have any influence on what the Pokémon will look like. It may have influence on different forms, such as Shellos in Sinnoh; however they do not play any effect on what the Pokémon itself will turn out to be. The Isshu region itself is more advanced in technology, if any part of this is to influence the design of Pokémon (which I think will occur) will be minor. I don't think every Pokémon will be based on machines; they'll still be originated majorly from real life animals. I wouldn't mind a half-robotic, steel type Pokémon though. I think that will be pretty cool as long as it isn't overdone.

As for the truck idea. Yeah, I don't see that happening. XD; Funny to think about though.

Timbjerr
May 27th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Or some sort of legendary pokemon that is bionic, or cyborg. that would be awesome... and I could imagine a story for it.

This reminds me of a poison/steel levitating legendary fakemon I made a while back. Imagine a more circular levitating muk, with metallic bands all around the body. I designed it as the personification of the malice of pollution. XD

Oddly enough, I can see that concept being used, even if it doesn't borrow from my typing or design, in B/W with Isshu being a lot more modernized. :P

Cyberglass
May 27th, 2010, 06:21 PM
It's interesting how in the Pokemon games cars and roads feel more modern than the ubiquitous computers and power plants... I can't really see GameFreak making a car Pokemon, even though they have made several computer pokemon (Porygon and Beldum) and machine Pokemon (Magnemite, Voltorb, Rotom).

SinisterEternity
May 27th, 2010, 06:27 PM
I'm not too sure about how the new pokemon are going to be like, looking at Tsutaja, Pukabu and Mijumaru, they're not robots (yet xP). But yeah, if they were to be all-modern-like Pocket Monsters, then, errr...no thanks !
Because who knows the secret behing their creation then ? Maybe it's just man who created them ? ( plot: Biological pokemon VS Robot Pokemon ? lol).
But yeah xP

RUBY8
May 27th, 2010, 06:31 PM
One word *This isn't digimon*

And the creator of pokemon or Pocket Mosters said his idea came from wanting to interact and get to know animals better and later gave his idea to Miyamoto which lead to the Creation Pocket Monster Green and Red IN JAPAN *they changed to blue in the U.S.* In other words Pokemon is really animals and mythical creatures and would never include technolgocal pokemon except for Mewtwo since he was created.

flight
May 27th, 2010, 07:11 PM
It's just modernized society, I don't really see anything wrong with it. I mean, if you take something like the Second Generation Goldenrod City, you would see how large the city is, and yet the city and the environment itself has no impact on the kinds of pokemon that are released in Gen II. Gen IV was sorta the same thing. It was really pretty for the most part, with the snow environment and all, but they aren't going to come out with a Pokemon based on the traditional game environments evolving. D:

I just find this to be very unlikely.

Haza
May 27th, 2010, 07:17 PM
This reminds me of a poison/steel levitating legendary fakemon I made a while back. Imagine a more circular levitating muk, with metallic bands all around the body. I designed it as the personification of the malice of pollution. XD

Oddly enough, I can see that concept being used, even if it doesn't borrow from my typing or design, in B/W with Isshu being a lot more modernized. :P

Omg, as a fellow Poison-Type fanatic I truly love this idea. I can imagine it now, a whole film being based off of this...

DeathOfBlades
May 27th, 2010, 07:25 PM
A truck pokemon??? You're over worrying too much. They had trucks in the series and trucks when you move. I don't think the creators would ever do something related to a machine or any other type of objects.

Niprop
May 27th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Magnemite, Voltorb, and Porygon were already around beforehand, a Robot, a Living Pokéball, and a Cyberduck capable of transforming into a floating transport, and that was all in generation 1. I don't see why a truck poke (though it better not DIRECTLY look like a truck) would be that far fetched.

And the creator of pokemon or Pocket Mosters said his idea came from wanting to interact and get to know animals better and later gave his idea to Miyamoto which lead to the Creation Pocket Monster Green and Red IN JAPAN *they changed to blue in the U.S.* In other words Pokemon is really animals and mythical creatures and would never include technological pokemon except for Mewtwo since he was created. http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/2/24/474Porygon-Z.png/90px-474Porygon-Z.png

Has something to say about that.

RivalGator
May 27th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Nah. It won't become Transformers, Zoids, nor will it become Digimon.
I hope not...

Haza
May 28th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Many people forget that Castform is also an artificial Pokemon created by the weather institute in Hoenn to predict the weather. I'm sure we will probably see other man made Pokemon in the future.

Shiny Gardevoir
May 28th, 2010, 12:24 AM
*looks at rotom*
Oh no... But I guess if that was to happen, it's only steel types... But I doubt pokemon like those will appear...

shengar
May 28th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Good news. Our new Legendary have a jet machine as their tail

.EJ
May 28th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Rotom isn't a machine...he's more of a poltergeist...hence he's a ghost type...common sense guys

and i (not to say many others) was just fine with an electric ghost pokemon. but a machine pokemon would be more of a steel electric type pokemon.

Well yeah, magnemite =P

560cool.
May 28th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Well, Sinnoh had larger maps than any other region in Gen III .
They're trying to magnify all these for us to have more space to walk in !
And it seems alright, I can handle changes. Anywyas, why "bad feeling: ? :/

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 11:42 AM
A truck pokemon??? You're over worrying too much. They had trucks in the series and trucks when you move. I don't think the creators would ever do something related to a machine or any other type of objects.

lol have you seen Zekrom yet? Though it's not a machine its tail looks like a motor.