• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: PC Event Suggestion Thread

Cid

Years
Do we already have it? If not, it would be great to have.
The thread could cover discussions and ideas from all members, too.
Oh, and if the mod section of the forum already had that, how about putting up one available for non-staff members to post in?

It would be fun attending events that friends thought of.
Thinking about it, I haven't really attended official PC events in my two years here, yet. That is, if April Fools doesn't count, haha.

My only worry is that the thread might get messy, though. Still, why not?

I'd humbly accept no for an answer, too.
Hahaha. I guess I just felt like sharing this idea I had, that's all. :D

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
It's not like there's going to be events everyday. The discussion would just end up with rather spamalicious ideas like "Everybody Loves Jovember 32nd Day! where we... uhmmm... Talk in a thread!"

Okay, it may not get that spammy, but honestly it would end up being useless most of the year. Someone will come along with a good idea maybe once in a blue moon and the regular events (holidays, etc) are handled by staff/regular members so any suggestions, complaints or concerns about the events can go to them.

If you have an idea for an event, PM the moderator that handles the section that event would take place in (so the Other Games mod if it's a game tournament or Other Chat for general things, etc.). That's honestly the best way to handle it, in my opinion.

It'd also suck for someone to come up with a great idea and post it in the thread, getting everyone excited, and then it falls through.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
If people have ideas for community wide events, the usually post them here... so... that thread wouldn't accomplish much.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Last year we had the "Pokecommunity Get Together", which consisted of a number of events and games around the forum and such. We even had a forum in which to discuss the events that were to happen and those involved in organising the events had a userbar under their username with "Event Organiser" written on it. My point is, when we have another Get Together there will be a topic in which to discuss the events as well as suggest others.

As for section specific events, if you have an idea for an event and you have already looked to see if it was suggested or done in the past and are sure that it would be a liable idea, just PM your idea to the mod of the section -if there isn't one, a member of higher staff may do suffice-.

An entire thread for such suggestions could easily become full of uneeded posts and as stated, untidy. So you're better off taking into account the suggestions I and others have posted. Besides, there I can see a lot of ideas that might be posted in the thread being overlooked as staff members don't want to have to check in on it and read every post. So if you have an idea, just run it by a moderator or higher staff member if need be.

Back