PDA

View Full Version : B/W: Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Heart's Soul
May 28th, 2010, 06:14 PM
About them not seeming to be a Pokemon:
In the 215th volume of Nintendo Power, (which featured an article about the then upcoming Pokemon Diamond and Pearl) Sugimori said, "I do feel that I always want to show new Pokemon that people have never seen before. To do that, I think of ways that I can surprise the players. That doesn't mean anything goes as long as the idea's new, but I design the new Pokemon so the players can believe that these are different from previous Pokemon, but are still Pokemon. Even if people say these don't look like Pokemon at first, they're designed so that they grow on you. As you look at it, it begins to look more like a Pokemon. They're designed intentionally to look a little awkward at first."

What is bolded is true. It grew on me while I was writing a review.

Nintengod
May 28th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Obvious light and darkness gods. Arceus had more subordinates apparently, they both have a similar body type to palkia and dialga...

shookie
May 28th, 2010, 06:17 PM
I'd say the name/computer reference is nothing more than coincidence, or that it's not going to have a HUUUUGE impact on what the game will be like. Gen I didn't have any connection to anything Spanish, but look at the names of the bird trio (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres).

dieter57
May 28th, 2010, 06:25 PM
um why are my post from different threads on this one?
did sombody merge them or somthing???

:3
May 28th, 2010, 06:26 PM
These look less like actual pokemon, kind of like they were created in the game by some means? Zekrom looks almost robotic.
I'm not too fond of Reshiram though, The wings for arms thing is kind of weird, and the tails on both of them resemble something you'd see on a rocket.

While I'm at it, I might as well say that I don't like their names either. I'm not even sure on how to pronounce them, so I'll have to wait until I hear someone else say it. Resher-ram? Resh-eye-ram?

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 06:34 PM
okay, to clear everything up we had 4 dragon mascots(rayquaza, dialga, palkia, and giratina), plus 2 extra in gen three(latias and latios). 6 dragons plus a possible two more is to many for me. and in a way lugia reminds of a dragon but that is a whole nother conversation.

oh yeah, forgot about Giratina. Yeah 6 dragon pokemon but we're not including latios/latias. Then again I can't believe I'm going on about this still. All I gotta say regarding this topic is...welcome two new members to the dragon legendary group.

Jarate
May 28th, 2010, 06:35 PM
The more I look at Zekrom the MORE Digimon it looks, it seem the art is having the opposite effect on me. Look at the head in particular, so many Dragon/Dinosaur digimon have a similar head, it seems remind me of one of Zeed Millenniummon's heads in particular, though I can't decide which. Zekrom's body shape looks more like a Yugioh design the more I think about it as well. There is a "Traditional Pokemon look" that you know when you see it. Zekrom doesn't have that look at all. Reshiram is the same to a lesser extent, but the face makes it look more like a Pokemon at least.

Of course, this is all just my honest opinion.

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 06:36 PM
These look less like actual pokemon, kind of like they were created? Zekrom looks almost robotic.
I'm not too fond of Reshiram though, The wings for arms thing is kind of weird, and the tails on both of them resemble something you'd see on a rocket.

While I'm at it, I might as well say that I don't like their names either. I'm not even sure on how to pronounce them, so I'll have to wait until I hear someone else say it. Resher-ram? Resh-eye-ram?

They should be pronounced how they're spelled. Zehk-rahm and Reh-shi-rahm. Unless they're doing the whole 'lets give it a cool name but pronounce it stupidly' like they get with kyogre...'kai-o-grrr' I was 9 and thought it was kai-o-gree.

I love the names btw.

The more I look at Zekrom the MORE Digimon it looks, it seem the art is having the opposite effect on me. Look at the head in particular, so many Dragon/Dinosaur digimon have a similar head, it seems remind me of one of Zeed Millenniummon's heads in particular, though I can't decide which. Zekrom's body shape looks more like a Yugioh design the more I think about it as well. There is a "Traditional Pokemon look" that you know when you see it. Zekrom doesn't have that look at all. Reshiram is the same to a lesser extent, but the face makes it look more like a Pokemon at least.

Of course, this is all just my honest opinion.

True, true (that it's just your opinion) but I still gotta disagree. I don't think there is any such thing as a traditional pokemon. If we were to chastise pkmn that weren't 'traditional' then we wouldn't have many at all. Pokemon aer based off of animals, well most, Zekram and Reshima could be too (hybrids?) and there is no such thing as a traditional way an animal is suppose to look.

.Eevee-Chan
May 28th, 2010, 06:40 PM
I saw this on serebii earlier!
I love the white one,Reshiram 8D

:3
May 28th, 2010, 06:40 PM
They should be pronounced how they're spelled. Zehk-rahm and Reh-shi-rahm. Unless they're doing the whole 'lets give it a cool name but pronounce it stupidly' like they get with kyogre...'kai-o-grrr' I was 9 and thought it was kai-o-gree.

I love the names btw.

I still can't pronounce the majority of the legendaries until I hear someone on the Anime say it, so I pretty much just give it my best guess.

Jarate
May 28th, 2010, 06:45 PM
True, true (that it's just your opinion) but I still gotta disagree. I don't think there is any such thing as a traditional pokemon. If we were to chastise pkmn that weren't 'traditional' then we wouldn't have many at all. Pokemon aer based off of animals, well most, Zekram and Reshima could be too (hybrids?) and there is no such thing as a traditional way an animal is suppose to look.

Its not that I'm opposed to new ideas, its true that if Game Freak kept to tradition then we wouldn't have as many Pokemon as we do. However, what I am saying is that there's that certain Art Style Pokemon has always seemed to have. If you had showed me Zekram a month ago and said "Is this a new Digimon or a new Pokemon?" I would have answered Digimon, because it doesn't have that sort of "Style" that all other Pokemon have, from Meowth to Groundon to Zoroark.

Again, I can't describe this "Style", it's just a thing you know when you see. That sort of signature amount of Detail a Pokemon has.

dieter57
May 28th, 2010, 06:47 PM
i think it's pronounced "resh-ee-rehm" and "zeck-rohm"

Bloothump
May 28th, 2010, 06:48 PM
I love them both, for the first time since GSC I actually like the mascots!
Anywho, I think Reshiram will be flying/fighting and Zekrom will be dark/steel or dark/flying.
No, they aren't neutral towards one another, but neither were Dialga and Palkia, sooo...
At least, I don't think they were neutral. Maybe the dragon canceled it out.

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Its not that I'm opposed to new ideas, its true that if Game Freak kept to tradition then we wouldn't have as many Pokemon as we do. However, what I am saying is that there's that certain Art Style Pokemon has always seemed to have. If you had showed me Zekram a month ago and said "Is this a new Digimon or a new Pokemon?" I would have answered Digimon, because it doesn't have that sort of "Style" that all other Pokemon have, from Meowth to Groundon to Zoroark.

Again, I can't describe this "Style", it's just a thing you know when you see. That sort of signature amount of Detail a Pokemon has.

I get what you're saying..and really yeah I guess it just depends on how the person sees it.

**6 posts till 666 :D**

SIN1488
May 28th, 2010, 06:52 PM
I like Zekrom best, but they are both pretty cool. I wonder what their special moves will be?

Cyberglass
May 28th, 2010, 06:54 PM
I love them both, for the first time since GSC I actually like the mascots!
Anywho, I think Reshiram will be flying/fighting and Zekrom will be dark/steel or dark/flying.
No, they aren't neutral towards one another, but neither were Dialga and Palkia, sooo...
At least, I don't think they were neutral. Maybe the dragon canceled it out.

It did. Dragon resists Water. But Dialga and Palkia were still weak to each others' Dragon-type attacks, so they were actually super-effective against each other.

Bloothump
May 28th, 2010, 06:54 PM
These look less like actual pokemon, kind of like they were created in the game by some means? Zekrom looks almost robotic.

Yes, Zekrom is very robotic with it's wind turbine tail, while his counterpart looks more natural. I'm sensing a industrialization vs. Naturalization theme.

It did. Dragon resists Water. But Dialga and Palkia were still weak to each others' Dragon-type attacks, so they were actually super-effective against each other.

W-w-w-wait. It is neutral. At least one way. The fighting is supereffective against dark, but not-very-effective against flying.

Haza
May 28th, 2010, 06:59 PM
I still don't know which version I'm gonna get... here's my dilemma:

My brother and I always get the opposite versions of each other. I got Red, he got Blue. I got Gold, he got Silver. I got Ruby and he got Sapphire. I got Pearl and he got Diamond. Now this time around, initially we both wanted Black but when I saw that Zekrom was going to be for White version I immediately flopped and decided that I'd get White version just for Zekrom but my brother did the same. Now we both want White version! XD I figure I should just force myself to like Reshiram... idk, I like them both but Zekrom is more my style.

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 07:00 PM
I like Zekrom best, but they are both pretty cool. I wonder what their special moves will be?

My guesses (and yes they may sound corny):

Zekrom (if dark/steel): Dark Buster..can't describe it..just randomly came into my head..I imagine it being a dark/steel type move. Like we already have double type pokemons but what about double-type moves that only a pokemon with the same type combos can learn?

---If dark/dragon: Hmm...can't think of one that would be 'pg' appropriate :D.

Can't think of any for Reshima.

SIN1488
May 28th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Yes, Zekrom is very robotic with it's wind turbine tail, while his counterpart looks more natural. I'm sensing a industrialization vs. Naturalization theme.

Maybe the "wind turbine" is his cooling fan, if he is robotic. :D

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 07:03 PM
I still don't know which version I'm gonna get... here's my dilemma:

My brother and I always get the opposite versions of each other. I got Red, he got Blue. I got Gold, he got Silver. I got Ruby and he got Sapphire. I got Pearl and he got Diamond. Now this time around, initially we both wanted Black but when I saw that Zekrom was going to be for White version I immediately flopped and decided that I'd get White version just for Zekrom but my brother did the same. Now we both want White version! XD I figure I should just force myself to like Reshiram... idk, I like them both but Zekrom is more my style.

If you are the older one then go up to him and do this:

You: Hey listen, I'm older, and in societies across the world respect and influence come with age which means I get first picks and all you can do is sit in teh corner and moan. Capeesh?

you know at first I wanted black (and still do) and thought Zekrom was on black and I was like 'OMG YES KICK ASS LEGENDARY FOR BLACK!' then I realized Reshima would be on black...and I was like "o_o o_o o_o o_o" but after a few minutes Reshima grew on me more and yeah...it's awesome now..maybe even better than Zemrok in my opinion.

**4 posts till 666**

dieter57
May 28th, 2010, 07:04 PM
heres one for reshiram

shining glory.

it is a burst of blinding white light.

real original don't you think?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
May 28th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I was right about the yin and yang thing the Pokemon Black mascot was white and the white one is black! I like both of them, though I'm getting White! I hope we can get both...like in GS and not like what they did with RS and DP...

Dark Flare
May 28th, 2010, 07:08 PM
oh....my....god!!!!
(IN A MONSTROUS HYPERACTIVE VOICE)
IMA GETTIN BOTH OF THEM THEY ARE ZZOOOOOOOO MADE OF EPIC WIN IM GOING TO SELL MY LAPTOP TO GET THEM!!!!!!!
oh and i think reshiram is like a new type like holy!
and Zekron is hmmmm..... Dark/Dragon!

Manganum
May 28th, 2010, 07:09 PM
I think they look terrible. Unoriginal, far too similar, and just... Overall ridiculous. The white one looks like an angelic Lugia, and the black one looks like a recolored Palkia.

They'd better have some badass backstory or I'm never buying B/W.

Eurydice
May 28th, 2010, 07:10 PM
i really like Reshiram the other one is kinda..i dont know what i think about that one. but i think they make some pretty cool legendaries

§acred†Beo!
May 28th, 2010, 07:12 PM
I'd say there actually not to bad, at first I was a little upset with they way they looked but after awhile there were many different things about them then the older ones.

I do agree though that they better have a great back story to them, something a bit more epic this time ha.

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 07:13 PM
I was right about the yin and yang thing the Pokemon Black mascot was white and the white one is black! I like both of them, though I'm getting White! I hope we can get both...like in GS and not like what they did with RS and DP...

Sorry MRAS..we're not gettin' both.

**666....3 away**

Eurydice
May 28th, 2010, 07:14 PM
ya they could have been designed better. the white one is ok but the black one it doesnt even look like a pokemon. :/

Rei Shingetsu
May 28th, 2010, 07:18 PM
I think people should stop complaining and try to like the artworks.
I'm sure they've put in sufficient efforts into drawing and designing - It's not as easy as you think it is.

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Hate is a strong word my friend. I believe that you meant that you dislike them, and don't worry I'm sure you'll get use to them as we learn more and more about them. The designs at first to me were a little different, but so were Dialga and Palkia's and so were Kyogre and Groudon's...you get where I'm going with this? Each gen brings with it totally new, different pokemon legendaries and just average pokemon not seen before, and one thing the human mind does best is neglect anything not recognizable.

Manganum
May 28th, 2010, 07:21 PM
I'm not saying they neglected or rushed the design. I'm saying they overdid it.
First Reshiram's got this insane looking face, big wings and claws, and as if that wasn't enough, they added a ridiculous amount of detail to the tail and gave him a damn mane.

Then Zekrom is just... Ugh. More unoriginal than half the Fakemon I see these days. Seriously, what's with the jet engine-esque tail?

Timbjerr
May 28th, 2010, 07:23 PM
I think they look terrible. Unoriginal, far too similar, and just... Overall ridiculous. The white one looks like an angelic Lugia, and the black one looks like a recolored Palkia.

I don't see the resemblance between Reshiram and Lugia, sorry...and the idea that Zecrom is just a recolored Palkia is just ludicrous. Zecrom has a completely different looking head and face, and I don't think Palkia's tail looks that badass either. XD

So you're considering not buying a game just because two pokemon (that you'll probably never use if you're anything like me) look silly to you? All the power to you mate. :P

Don't worry. I felt the same way when Dialga and Palkia were first revealed four years ago. While I still don't fully like those two, I can at least accept them. Reshiram and Zecrom at least have the advantage of giving me a good first impression.

Manganum
May 28th, 2010, 07:25 PM
designs at first to me were a little different, but so were Dialga and Palkia's and so were Kyogre and Groudon's...
Groudon and Kyogre were awesome. I seriously had this massive feeling of deja vu when I first saw them. Idk why.
Dialga and Palkia were ok, too. I have to say I enjoyed the new turn the franchise had taken, until I learned about Arceus.

"HURR DURR TIME AND SPACE ISN'T ENOUGH LET'S MAKE A GOD POKEMON"

Oh, by the way.

See the tuft of hair between Reshiram's legs.

You'll never be able to take him seriously again.

Elise
May 28th, 2010, 07:27 PM
I don't think they look that bad honestly. I like them better than I liked Palkia and Dialga, definitely. When DPPt came out I was really disappointed, now I like them okay-ish. If you don't want to buy B/W in protest, that's fine too though.

I do agree with you on one point, they do look like something I've seen before. I can't put my finger on it exactly (probably the black one just reminds me of a colorless Palkia) but I think they are pretty cool as far as legendarys go and I'm not any less excited for B/W to come out. Hope that you change your mind, for sure!

dragongod95
May 28th, 2010, 07:30 PM
i think they suck a$$. the white one looks like a yugioh card monster thing the black one looks like a robot bee......
|....|.*....*.|.........................
|.....\__-__/..........................
|...../........\..........................
|....|.|......|.|.........................
|....\_\..../_/..........................
|___|_|__|_|________________

Cloudfall
May 28th, 2010, 07:32 PM
They both look pretty nice, but I have to say... I'm not really a fan of how the designs for some Pokemon are starting to look more robotic with each generation. They're beginning to remind me of Digimon. :x

I'll still buy the game though. I won't hesitate to buy a game just because a few Pokemon look weird. o3o

Manganum
May 28th, 2010, 07:32 PM
I do like a few certain things about them. I'm not just a complete hater :|
Reshiram's mother-of-pearl rings, for example. I think they look alright. And Zekrom looks pretty cool, aside from his massive jet tail thing. Oh, and his Palkialegs.
And I must say the names aren't so bad. ReshiRAM, ZekROM, probably proof that they're going in a more cybernetic direction...

But other than that they just make me raaaaaaaaaaaaaage

Heart Gold
May 28th, 2010, 07:38 PM
I'm definitely choosing Reshiram. I don't use Ubers so it would just be a collectible. It looks the best IMO. I might wait to see the Version Exclusives, though.

Kid Coma
May 28th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Raging over a design of a fictional creature? Some of you people will complain about damn near everything.

jbs829
May 28th, 2010, 07:45 PM
WOAHHH, most epic looking pokemon ever, i am toatlly getting white version now!!!

Rei Shingetsu
May 28th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Raging over a design of a fictional creature? Some of you people will complain about damn near everything.

Well, you can't please everyone.
And that's why it's better not to take things too hard and learn to accept them readily, no?

The Corrupt Plague
May 28th, 2010, 07:49 PM
The games are really starting to enter uncanny valley now. Both pokemon look a little bit TOO much like Palkia in my opinion.

Nintengod
May 28th, 2010, 07:52 PM
They're the light and darkness gods, they're bound to be similiar to arceus' other subordinates. The similarities are on purpose, not the subject of unoriginality.

jon328
May 28th, 2010, 07:55 PM
so far i dislike the black one A LOT but the white one looks OK so im getting black version... cuz thats the version that comes with the white legendary right...?

Rei Shingetsu
May 28th, 2010, 07:58 PM
so far i dislike the black one A LOT but the white one looks OK so im getting black version... cuz thats the version that comes with the white legendary right...?

Yeahs, Reshiram is the mascot for Black version :)

Waffle-San
May 28th, 2010, 08:00 PM
I love these legends!! I'm attracted to Reshiram the most I'd say. I don't know these pokemon actually look as if they're legendary!!

loliwin
May 28th, 2010, 08:05 PM
THESE LOOK AWESOME!!!! XDDD im not filled with nostalgia

I think these legends look amazing, they are well designed. And unoriginal legends? wtf? :)

Waffle-San
May 28th, 2010, 08:06 PM

I'm not saying they neglected or rushed the design. I'm saying they overdid it.
First Reshiram's got this insane looking face, big wings and claws, and as if that wasn't enough, they added a ridiculous amount of detail to the tail and gave him a damn mane.

Then Zekrom is just... Ugh. More unoriginal than half the Fakemon I see these days. Seriously, what's with the jet engine-esque tail?

I think someone isn't quite familiar with the definition of unoriginal. I mean dislike them if you will, they are most certainly different than many of the legends we're used to seeing in the past. (All they really have is Palkia's pose.) But don't make up something like calling them, "unoriginal." I can't stand when people throw that word around. I mean these are clearly well thought out (whether for the worse of for better is up to you) and detailed, something you admitted yourself. They're different, they're in depth, and not too much like the Pokemon of the past but they are anything but unoriginal.

Nintengod

steel resists dragon genius...

JP
Zekrom looks so kickass. I can't wait to see more of these two. I saw a few people saying they look like Digimon, and I do agree. Doesn't keep them from being awesome though.

Elise
May 28th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Rage on me if you like, but I think the black pokie is actually kinda cool.. ('cept for it's legs) If it weren't a a pokemon I'd love and accept it's jet like tail without a problem. The only reason I'm having trouble is the it's a beast, not a machine factor.

MistahDude
May 28th, 2010, 08:12 PM
I'm surprised I didn't find a thread for this already. Anyways:

http://i46.tinypic.com/10ptu2e.png

What'cha think? The white one is Reshiram, and the black is Zekrom. The black one reminds me of a monochrome Palkia...

EDIT: Adding the high-quality images that Rukario posted, for your viewing pleasure...

They are Yin and Yang most likely

JakeClowd
May 28th, 2010, 08:28 PM
I think this pretty much PROVES there will be a "light" type incorporated in the new one.

Nash Bandicoot
May 28th, 2010, 08:33 PM
THESE ARE THE BEST POKEMON EVER!
I love them especially Zekrom.
can't wait.

MiniM00se
May 28th, 2010, 08:41 PM
The White one looks Flying/Ghost/Light lol
And the Black one looks Dark/Steel

I don't like either one better. I'll just choose the less-popular game.
And I think they look too big and complicated and color-plain and Palkia-ish. They don't really look like Pokemon.

RYOUKI
May 28th, 2010, 08:49 PM
ARGH. THE LEGENDARIES ARE MORE COOLER THIS TIME.

May 28th, 2010, 08:55 PM
The White one looks Flying/Ghost/Light lol
And the Black one looks Dark/Steel

I don't like either one better. I'll just choose the less-popular game.
And I think they look too big and complicated and color-plain and Palkia-ish. They don't really look like Pokemon.your right, like many and I myself have noticed they look digimon more than pokemon but that's isn't a bad thing. I like both of these legendaries, wonder what other cool legendaries we are going to get...especially the third version mascot which tends to look cooler than the first two... they look angel like, a black and white angel.......... the third one will most likely be grey in color but have a black and white wing like an angel of balance....Hope the other trio looks cooler than the Birds,Beasts,Golems, and pixies! Wonder what they would be based on we have had Birds, Cat/dog, golems, and magical small beings based trios...so maybe next is a bug trio, fish trio, trio made up of different animals...

MrsNorrington
May 28th, 2010, 09:09 PM
I'm not to crazy about generation 5 at the moment, but I don't hate them or anything. I know they will grow on me, some of the generation 4 Pokemon that I didn't like grew on me, now I'm happy will all 493. So I'm not worried, generation 5 will grow me as well.

I already love the grass snake start Pokemon, and the white legendary. The blue otter starter is growing on me...but the white face will always prolly irritate me. I think it needs some sort of blue coloration (like Piplup), or design on it forehead. I also like the first evolution of the that dark fox.

Dillon_68
May 28th, 2010, 09:09 PM
My theory about the storyline of these legends is based on their looks. Reshiram is furry, bird-like, it looks natural. Zekrom is aftificial looking, somewhat metallic and robotic. What if they represent the forces of nature and industry, Zekrom could be the dark force that is consuming the natural state of the Pokemon world and making it more of an industrialized world. I'm probably wrong though. Either way, I belive that this game will pwn all other Pokemon games, story-wise. I like how this is going!

Esper
May 28th, 2010, 09:18 PM
If Zekrom really is some kind of artificial legendary perhaps it will turn out to be modeled on Reshiram. Story-wise, I mean. Like the people making it were trying to create their own version of an existing legendary.

Or perhaps they're just similar because that's how game mascots are and there's no point in trying to rationalize it.

No. i
May 28th, 2010, 09:27 PM
These legendaries, are by far the best looking legends of all the franchise. Also, did anyone notice that Zekrom has drill tail? :3 I like Reshiram best, so I'll buy the Black version.

Of course, their is a third legndary related in some way to these two, which will innevitably become the mascot for the Gray version, so we'll see how that goes~

Manganum
May 28th, 2010, 09:32 PM
The problem here, is that they're Pokemon. So either way I'm pretty much obliged to enjoy them.
You're all right, I mean they are the new mascots for the 5th generation, but still... I was expecting a little more than just LOLHERE'SANOTHERPAIROFDRAGONS

⋚Raika⋚
May 28th, 2010, 09:34 PM
I wonder if there will be a Gray/Grey version, since Diamond and Pearl had Platinum. If there's gonna be an extra version then I'll wait for it. >_<

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 09:43 PM
your right, like many and I myself have noticed they look digimon more than pokemon but that's isn't a bad thing. I like both of these legendaries, wonder what other cool legendaries we are going to get...especially the third version mascot which tends to look cooler than the first two... they look angel like, a black and white angel.......... the third one will most likely be grey in color but have a black and white wing like an angel of balance....Hope the other trio looks cooler than the Birds,Beasts,Golems, and pixies! Wonder what they would be based on we have had Birds, Cat/dog, golems, and magical small beings based trios...so maybe next is a bug trio, fish trio, trio made up of different animals...

I think that a fox trio should be next. It could be incorporated into the game...Say you had to catch or study the history of the 3 foxes and with them you'd be able to summon the legendary from the 3rd installment (a fox maybe just larger and more powerful than the smaller 3)..but you wouldn't learn much about the 3rd legendary till its installment came out though.

Besides foxes I think that there shouldn't be anymore trios.

I wonder if there will be a Gray/Grey version, since Diamond and Pearl had Platinum. If there's gonna be an extra version then I'll wait for it. >_<

I wouldn't be so quick to say Grey. Yes it could be Grey since that's the logical version but I'm sure people didn't expect Platinum (a chemical element) after D&P (jemstones). For all we know we could get an Aluminum or Titanium version (both have a grey color).

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 09:52 PM
The problem here, is that they're Pokemon. So either way I'm pretty much obliged to enjoy them.
You're all right, I mean they are the new mascots for the 5th generation, but still... I was expecting a little more than just LOLHERE'SANOTHERPAIROFDRAGONS

We don't know what types they are yet..and if they are dragons then oh well. I mean we'll have a new type of dragon with Zekrom (it definitely has to be a dark type).

You make it sound as if they're just throwing a new bunch of crap at us. I don't think we can really judge considering that we only know what they look like. Stats, movepool, abilities, sprites, and history have to be taken into consideration as well. You have to give Game Freak (Ken Sugimori & co) for the designs though. I doubt many of us could have come up with something better that could please the masses..(yes Zekrom and Reshiram may dissapoint many but I'm sure most are pleased).

Rei Shingetsu
May 28th, 2010, 09:54 PM
We don't know what types they are yet..and if they are dragons then oh well. I mean we'll have a new type of dragon with Zekrom (it definitely has to be a dark type).

You make it sound as if they're just throwing a new bunch of crap at us. I don't think we can really judge considering that we only know what they look like. Stats, movepool, abilities, sprites, and history have to be taken into consideration as well. You have to give Game Freak (Ken Sugimori & co) for the designs though. I doubt many of us could have come up with something better that could please the masses..(yes Zekrom and Reshiram may dissapoint many but I'm sure most are pleased).

I'll throws confetti if Reshiram is an Ice/Dragon (Last time I checked, no weaknesses?) and she looks like one alright, let's just hope :p

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 09:58 PM
I'll throws confetti if Reshiram is an Ice/Dragon (Last time I checked, no weaknesses?) and she looks like one alright, let's just hope :p

That would be neat...in your sig Reshiram appears as if it's ice/dragon, and yeah I think it would have a weakness still (fire). Though I think Ice/Dragon, Ghost/Dragon (it's possible and would be cool), Psychic/Dragon, or Psychic/Flying. All good types if you ask me.....can't wait to get my hands on my own Reshiram. :D

Rei Shingetsu
May 28th, 2010, 10:00 PM
That would be neat...in your sig Reshiram appears as if it's ice/dragon, and yeah I think it would have a weakness still (fire). Though I think Ice/Dragon, Ghost/Dragon (it's possible and would be cool), Psychic/Dragon, or Psychic/Flying. All good types if you ask me.....can't wait to get my hands on my own Reshiram. :D

I'm pretty sure fire can't hit hard with the Dragon mix isn't it? :)

BleuVII
May 28th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Well, it may surprise a lot of people, since I've been pushing the Light-type so heavily on the other thread, but I don't think this "proves" anything. I think it gives those of us looking for new types some hope, as Reshiram doesn't seem to really fit in to any of the existing types, but we will still just have to wait and see.

Anyway, I think it's Zekrom's nose-horn that looks the most like Digimon to me. The first thing that I thought when I saw Reshiram was, ".........the Neverending Story?" Don't ask me why, since they really don't look that much alike.

Rei Shingetsu
May 28th, 2010, 10:07 PM
I think that a fox trio should be next. It could be incorporated into the game...Say you had to catch or study the history of the 3 foxes and with them you'd be able to summon the legendary from the 3rd installment (a fox maybe just larger and more powerful than the smaller 3)..but you wouldn't learn much about the 3rd legendary till its installment came out though.

Besides foxes I think that there shouldn't be anymore trios.

I wouldn't be so quick to say Grey. Yes it could be Grey since that's the logical version but I'm sure people didn't expect Platinum (a chemical element) after D&P (jemstones). For all we know we could get an Aluminum or Titanium version (both have a grey color).

Ohmaiigawds!
We're so going to get along :D
Foxes owns!
*Wants foxes trio now* @u@

And yeahs I doubt they'll use "Grey/Gray" as the 3rd version's name... It'll be too, unoriginal, yes?

Speaking of which, Crystal had nothing to do with Gold and Silver too, and like you said, Platinum had nothing to do with Diamond and Pearl.

*I wants Spectrum for the 3rd one*

Ger Japa
May 28th, 2010, 10:12 PM
wow they look so cooool I LOVE THEM!!!

Toxicroak
May 28th, 2010, 10:17 PM
They are epic.
it seems like Zekrom's tail is based on an airplane engine:

http://www.ameinfo.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/trent-700-5615.jpg

and Reshiram's tail is based on a medieval/Tiki torch:

something like this one:
http://img240.imageshack.us/i/break8ii.jpg/

インフェルノの津波
May 28th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Guys, already are you comparing to old Pokemon. Why not say what's good about them?

Reshiram looks like for some reason a Psychic/Dragon or Flying/Dragon. Zekrom totally looks Dark/Dragon.

billi1000
May 28th, 2010, 10:20 PM

ya i would love to see an ice/dragon too although Reshiram might be flying as well due to the feathers and wings, and i think that type combination still has 3 weakness which is fighting, steel, and rock.

Anyways reshiram definitely does look epic but i still dont get what nintendo is up to with the tail designs of these legendaries.

Rei Shingetsu
May 28th, 2010, 10:24 PM
ya i would love to see an ice/dragon too although Reshiram might be flying as well due to the feathers and wings, and i think that type combination still has 3 weakness which is fighting, steel, and rock.

Anyways reshiram definitely does look epic but i still dont get what nintendo is up to with the tail designs of these legendaries.

Well, Fighting is not for Dragon, neither does Steel and Rock, Dragons neutralize them, no?

But oh well, Ice/Dragon is epic :D
Maybe Ice/Dragon with Levitate as an ability?

The feather theory don't work with me, since Articuno got feathers too and she's an Ice :P

revelp8
May 28th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Well, it may surprise a lot of people, since I've been pushing the Light-type so heavily on the other thread, but I don't think this "proves" anything. I think it gives those of us looking for new types some hope, as Reshiram doesn't seem to really fit in to any of the existing types, but we will still just have to wait and see.

I agree on their being a new type thrown into the game. light would be very interesting to see what its effective and ineffective on the 17 different typing available.

i believe though, if that isn't the case, that we'll finally have another ice type legendary since articuno.

billi1000
May 28th, 2010, 10:36 PM
I dont dislike the designs but i do agree them bieng a little bit similar to digimon which i hope doesnt happen with the rest of the pokemon in this generation. But seriously whats up with the tails of these legendaries?! the wakiest takes ever put on Pokemon, like Toxicroak meansioned earlier Zekrom looks like it has a jet engine as a tail, and for reshiram its tail looks like a torch with a retro design :P

インフェルノの津波
May 28th, 2010, 10:40 PM
^ Says the guy who doesn't have good grammar.

The tails? Yeah, they look cheesy, but you have to admit they're different from the regular ones we're used to.

Toxicroak
May 28th, 2010, 10:45 PM
^ Says the guy who doesn't have good grammar.

The tails? Yeah, they look cheesy, but you have to admit they're different from the regular ones we're used to.
this was the pic of the torch i was trying to show before

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/2408/break8ii.jpg

:/

Myles
May 28th, 2010, 10:49 PM
My theory on why people think they look like digimon is because they are unfamilar. Most people are saying because they don't look like normal Pokemon (thus are unfamilar) and default it to digimon, not even thinking about the digimon-style. So I'd say it's just: you see a monster, think "Is that a Pokemon?", but it isn't one of the current 493, so you default it to being a digimon.

It doesn't happen so much to cute ones, because there are a lot more cute Pokemon than cute digimon (and that's an understantement).

Unless they're doing the whole 'lets give it a cool name but pronounce it stupidly' like they get with kyogre...'kai-o-grrr' I was 9 and thought it was kai-o-gree.

I love the names btw.

Actually, kyogre, following proper English orgography, would fit better with the ger sound. e.g. metre, centre, cure, etc.

インフェルノの津波
May 28th, 2010, 10:49 PM
I was talking about billi1000.

Like I was saying....Every Gen 5 Pokemon is going to look weird. Hell, I thought Lugia looked like a deformed swan back in the old Silver/Gold/Crystal days. Now I love the thing so much, I bought SoulSilver to get it earlier.

Just give it time to get used to them, okay?

Waffle-San
May 28th, 2010, 10:50 PM

Well, Fighting is not for Dragon, neither does Steel and Rock, Dragons neutralize them, no?

But oh well, Ice/Dragon is epic :D
Maybe Ice/Dragon with Levitate as an ability?

The feather theory don't work with me, since Articuno got feathers too and she's an Ice :P

An Ice/Dragon would be weak to Fighting, Rock, Steel and Dragon. Dragon resists Fire, Water, Grass and Electric. But still an awesome type!!

Åzurε
@ Toxicroak: Don't think he meant you.

And hey, I still think black hole white hole is the way to go with the tails.

EDIT: ninja'd, but I was right.

.light
Reshiram looks way, way, way better than that other...... thing! :)
I shall get white now :)

SinisterEternity
May 28th, 2010, 10:53 PM
I think I'll just get Black Version to get Reshiram lol
Or whichever it's in xD

Åzurε
May 28th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Reshiram looks way, way, way better than that other...... thing! :)
I shall get white now :)

Reshiram is on Black.

BW Legend confusion instance: 9001

Waffle-San
May 28th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Dark/Steel maybe? I don't know but I'm really really hoping for Dragon/Normal for...the white one. Haven't figured out the names quite yet. :P

Rei Shingetsu
May 28th, 2010, 11:01 PM
An Ice/Dragon would be weak to Fighting, Rock, Steel and Dragon. Dragon resists Fire, Water, Grass and Electric. But still an awesome type!!

Can I cancel Dragon out of Weakness?
Since Ice resists Dragons :D
It'll be much like Dialga whom can resist dragon cos' of it's steel too.

Åzurε
May 28th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Ding! Dialga takes normal damage from Dragon attacks. I don't think Ice resists Dragon, either.

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 11:11 PM

hmmm...so what types do you think ice/dragon would take normal hits to then?

Conor
May 28th, 2010, 11:23 PM
They are friggin' sweeeeeet!
Zekrom <3

Haza
May 28th, 2010, 11:29 PM
I already have the remake names after seeing the Legends... the both reflect light off of their bodies, and the reds and blues reflecting off of Reshiram remind me of opal, and Zekrom reminds me of onyx. OpalWhite and OnyxBlack... or maybe by then, WhiteOpal and BlackOnyx.

Manganum
May 28th, 2010, 11:33 PM
How did my thread turn into an Ice/Dragon debate T_T

Reshiram and what's-his-name are growing on me, I have to admit. First impressions usually last on me, though.

Dr. Faustus
May 28th, 2010, 11:35 PM
I guess almost everybody's going to get White because of Zekrom Zekromon, huh? Poor Reshiram Reshiramon.

Haza
May 28th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Well it's been confirmed that both Zekrom and Reshiram are part Dragon Type, and it is obvious that they are not pure dragon so they are hiding something imo...

SinisterEternity
May 28th, 2010, 11:48 PM
Well it's been confirmed that both Zekrom and Reshiram are part Dragon Type, and it is obvious that they are not pure dragon so they are hiding something imo...

It's time for the Light Type to appear !! >8D
I bet Reshiram will be a Dragon/Light type ... Dragon/Psy type ? ">>

derozio
May 28th, 2010, 11:49 PM
They look uber cool. B/W legendaries ftw!

OMG! Just look at that beast! Zekrom's soo awesome! I absolutely adore it! <3333

Saphie
May 28th, 2010, 11:50 PM
I love Reshiram <3 I think They will probably be dark/flying normal/flying or something like that.

Haza
May 28th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Ugh, I totally just said that Serebii & Pokebeach have confirmed that they are both part Dragon-Typed (because the Daisuki Club is calling them the Legendary Dragons) so now we wai for their second typing... which I am holding my breath for.

Setosama
May 28th, 2010, 11:58 PM
The more I look at these guys, I like them even more.

I find it funny how Yu-Gi-Oh! is mascoting for pokemon now! (take a look at the color of the two dragons and then look at the colors of their eyes, lol)

I'm gonna go on a limb and say that Reshiram is going to be a Legendary Dragon Pokemon who represents heaven, while Zekrom is representing hell.

There's something ignobly angelic about Reshiram and demonic about Zekrom.

I'm also VERY surprised we have this much news in advanced on the AMERICAN Pokemon Website. Even a release date of Spring 2011!!!

I hope these games don't disappoint.

And they DO resemble Digimon a bit, but what's wrong with that? I always though Digimon had cooler designs anyways, and it's been dead for about a decade. There hasn't been an anime for digimon since Savers. (rumor has it a new one is in the works though...)

Whatever... They both look awesome! I can't decide!

billi1000
May 29th, 2010, 12:01 AM
Dont know if any body saw this yet, but serebii.net just confirmed that both legendaries are part Dragon-Type. Oh god, i see another dragon trio on the way.

Bluerang1
May 29th, 2010, 12:19 AM
YAY THEY AREN'T CHANGING THE NAMES!!! SINCE THEY ARE 'BLACK' AND 'WHITE' ON THE US WEBSITE!!! :D

I don't know why I'm happy, I wanted name changes, but Black and White suite the Legends more than any Gem would, seeing as the are Gemless...

Myles
May 29th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Why on Earth would they have changed the version names? They had no reason to and have never done it before (RB weren't renames, they were fusions of RGB).

Haza
May 29th, 2010, 12:32 AM
I don't think they will EVER put out titles that will be so controversial that the names would have to be changed... but anyway, anyone see the news about their typing? I'm excited... I feel like I've predicted everything. Now all I need is to be right about the Light-Type and the Naturalization vs. Industrialization theme.

Rei Shingetsu
May 29th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Why on Earth would they have changed the version names? They had no reason to and have never done it before (RB weren't renames, they were fusions of RGB).

Most probably because of the "skin tone" thing going on?

Anyway I'm glad the name isn't going to change for that too, since they're both my most favourite colour beside sky blue and purple.

LethalTexture
May 29th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Dont know if any body saw this yet, but serebii.net just confirmed that both legendaries are part Dragon-Type. Oh god, i see another dragon trio on the way.

Come on, be honest. Were you really expecting anything else?

Most probably because of the "skin tone" thing going on?

That's just ridiculous, why on Earth would they change them for that reason? there's nothing to insinuate that they are referring to skin tone. For crying out loud, you can't say or do anything without fear of offending someone these days.

If someone get's offended because a product is called "Black" or "White" then I will lose all faith in humanity and will be forced to kill myself.

Rei Shingetsu
May 29th, 2010, 12:38 AM
That's just ridiculous, why on Earth would they change them for that reason? there's nothing to insinuate that they are referring to skin tone. For crying out loud, you can't say or do anything without fear of offending someone these days.

If someone get's offended because a product is called "Black" or "White" then I will lose all faith in humanity and will be forced to kill myself.

Yeah seriously.
I bet anyone won't mind, well, you can't just please everyone too ;)

Haza
May 29th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Come on, be honest. Were you really expecting anything else?

Oh dear... and don't let the third installment be Rainbow! XD But seriously, can we stop talking about that. It's confirmed to be the same so it should not even be a topic anymore. I'd kill myself too if that happened.

LethalTexture
May 29th, 2010, 12:45 AM
In a manner of speaking, of course. I just get infuriated by the fact that you can't say anything you want to anymore because it might offend somebody. Free speech is dead people. But as you say, let's gloss over it now because it's no longer an issue.

I said earlier I'd be willing to bet my house on the fatc that they'd both be part Dragon, I was so confident. Turns out I was right.

Haza
May 29th, 2010, 12:58 AM
http://media.photobucket.com/image/blue%20eyes%20white%20dragon%20red%20eyes%20black%20dragon/uchiwa666/anime/dragon1.jpg

omg, I told u, Blue-Eyes White Dragon & Red-Eyes Black Dragon haha
http://media.photobucket.com/image/blue%20eyes%20white%20dragon%20red%20eyes%20black%20dragon/uchiwa666/anime/dragon1.jpg

Ninja Caterpie
May 29th, 2010, 01:10 AM
I find it funny how Yu-Gi-Oh! is mascoting for pokemon now! (take a look at the color of the two dragons and then look at the colors of their eyes, lol)

I definitely lol'd. Blue Eyes White Dragon and Red Eyes Black Dragon indeed.

Anyway, they look pretty wicked. I think I'll go with the white one, because it looks cooler to me (machine-like Pokémon never really appealed to me) but they're both wicked. :D

LethalTexture
May 29th, 2010, 01:12 AM
To be fair, they look similar in body and eye colour only. Not really fair to judge parrallels on that alone. In that sense I look exactly the same as another Caucasian male with blue eyes.

billi1000
May 29th, 2010, 01:54 AM
ok, if Zekrom is a dark/dragon ( i dont really think zekrom is not going to be a dark type) then what is Reshiram, dragon/flying? or is it a new type like a light type or something? and does anybody know what the names exactly mean? maybe that can help speculate the type.

Tropical Sunlight
May 29th, 2010, 02:03 AM
I'm guessing Reshiram would be Dragon/Flying and Zekrom would be Dragon/Dark :D
They both look great though.

Hibaru
May 29th, 2010, 02:10 AM
I wonder if those two has two type. But if not, probably only one of them would be pure Dragon. But that's mean it has 4x weakness to Ice type. Man! That so complicated to train the Pokemon while battling Ice type Pokemon.

Nancy Botwin
May 29th, 2010, 02:10 AM
Eh, not a huge fan of dragons, but I guess they're sorta cool. The whole light/dark thing they seem to portray has me intrigued.

Hibaru
May 29th, 2010, 02:17 AM
I wonder if we get more new Info about them next week.

Hamilton
May 29th, 2010, 02:48 AM
Don't know how late i am, but it's been confirmed that they are PART Dragon (and PART something else- Dragon-Light and Dragon-Dark? i hope so)

SinisterEternity
May 29th, 2010, 03:39 AM
I'm guessing Reshiram would be Dragon/Flying and Zekrom would be Dragon/Dark :D
They both look great though.

I truly hope not Dragon/Flying Reshiram :C
This is gonna be sooo last year, I mean, Rayquaza already is Dragon/Flying, Dragonite too, Altaria as well, Salamence, and we never had "Light" types x3
I hope they'll introduce this new type in the B&W versions :D

Ninja Caterpie
May 29th, 2010, 03:44 AM
I wonder if those two has two type. But if not, probably only one of them would be pure Dragon. But that's mean it has 4x weakness to Ice type. Man! That so complicated to train the Pokemon while battling Ice type Pokemon.

Not really, considering it's incredibly likely you get the Pokemon at level 70 or something and, y'know, it's not complicated to train a level 70 Pokemon.

cystar
May 29th, 2010, 03:50 AM
They look sweet it changed my mind im getting white now not black

Volroc
May 29th, 2010, 03:58 AM
normal/dragon
dark/dragon

any bets?
i bet you im right, they dont look like psychic, or ice types
thats clearly flying, or normal for reshii
and zekrom is clearly dark, its just too obvious :P

after all i called it when they were dragons XD

Hibaru
May 29th, 2010, 04:04 AM
Not really, considering it's incredibly likely you get the Pokemon at level 70 or something and, y'know, it's not complicated to train a level 70 Pokemon.

Yeah, You're right! Sorry!

>Feelings<
May 29th, 2010, 04:05 AM
No. Pure Dragon types only have a 2X weakness to Ice, just for the record.

This time, a lot of things might be different, as from what it sound like when they said there will be more differences.
It's also something to think about when the Pokemon of one colour is the version mascot for the opposite colour. Maybe it has something to do too?

Based purely on looks, I like both of them a lot, but I like Reshiram even more, with its awesome angelic elegance and holy-like feeling.
It has a slight resemblance to Sphinx, maybe?
Reshiram would be even more awesome to me if its hand and arm was separate from its wings.
Zekrom's tail isn't that good, but works.

I know my wish means nothing now, but I really wished they would not be dragon types, even if they did look like dragon types to me.
That's because there has been too many dragon type Legendary Pokemon lately.
I would rather have a Light/Flying type for Reshiram, and Dark/Steel or Dark/Flying type for Zekrom.
But given the latest news, I'm newly hoping for them to be Light/Dragon and Dark/Dragon type respectively, with the 'Levitate' ability.
And I don't care if the typing doesn't sound good or anything, because it feels like they should be of this type to me.

Dark/Dragon only has 3 2X weakness, but 6 2X resistances and one immunity. That's actually good.
Light/Dragon... Who know about that? Light may be weak to Dark and Dark may also be weak to Light.

I don't know whether to be happy or not about their name being the same in English.
I don't like the idea of another Dragon trio, since it's kind of obvious that a third one will pop out in a while.
Finally, the designs may look Digimon-like at first sight, but I like Reshiram a whole lot still for now, and I like Zekrom too.

shengar
May 29th, 2010, 04:20 AM

This time, a lot of things might be different, as from what it sound like when they said there will be more differences.
It's also something to think about when the Pokemon of one colour is the version mascot for the opposite colour. Maybe it has something to do too?

Based purely on looks, I like both of them a lot, but I like Reshiram even more, with its awesome angelic elegance and holy-like feeling.
Reshiram would be even more awesome to me if its hand and arm was separate from its wings.

I know my wish means nothing now, but I really wished they would not be dragon types, even if they did look like dragon types to me.
I would rather have a Light/Flying type for Reshiram, and Dark/Steel or Dark/Flying type for Zekrom.
But given the latest news, I'm newly hoping for them to be Light/Dragon and Dark/Dragon type respectively, with the 'Levitate' ability.
And I don't care if the typing doesn't sound good or anything, because it feels like they should be of this type to me.

Dark/Dragon only has 3 2X weakness, but 6 2X resistances and one immunity. That's actually good.
Light/Dragon... Who know about that? Light may be weak to Dark and Dark may also be weak to Light.

I don't know whether to be happy or not about their name being the same in English.
I don't like the idea of another Dragon trio, since it's kind of obvious that a third one will pop out in a while.
Finally, the designs may look Digimon-like at first sight, but I like Reshiram a whole lot still for now, and I like Zekrom too.
Its their tail that make me think they have Digimon-ish look. More Dragon legendary? Then I hope pseudo-legendary this time is part of bug type somehow or normal to make it more differ.

Volroc
May 29th, 2010, 04:28 AM
reshii is hideous

but zekrom is just plain badass, his tail looks like a airplane engine XD

amberfunk
May 29th, 2010, 05:24 AM
This is AWESOME!!!!!! I wanted to get black version from the beginning, but now..... I want it even more! The mascot legendary is AWESOME!!!! It looks so angelic and pure. The other one looks awesome too but I like the white one better. I'm hoping the white one is psychic/steel and the black one is dark/steel. I think that would be awesome! :)

Volroc
May 29th, 2010, 05:32 AM
This is AWESOME!!!!!! I wanted to get black version from the beginning, but now..... I want it even more! The mascot legendary is AWESOME!!!! It looks so angelic and pure. The other one looks awesome too but I like the white one better. I'm hoping the white one is psychic/steel and the black one is dark/steel. I think that would be awesome! :)

theyve been confirmed as half dragon

Hibaru
May 29th, 2010, 05:45 AM

They're both a Dragon. Probably be Dragon/Dark or Dragon/Steel again (Zekrom) Reshiram? maybe Dragon/Flying or Dragon/Steel again/too.

Filozofio
May 29th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Zekrom. Most badass legendary I've seen yet.

Raykon
May 29th, 2010, 05:51 AM
I like both of them, they both look pretty damn cool. I'd say I like the Pokemon White legendary more, but the Pokemon Black looks awesome as well.

Townlain03
May 29th, 2010, 06:41 AM
These legendaries have only been out for a little over a day and alreday 16 pages from people debating on types and likeness/hatred of them

i for one think these'll be prolly some of the better legendaries of the bunch but u can't ever forget the originals

and Reshiram has a bonner with two "n"'s not one

Hibaru
May 29th, 2010, 07:17 AM
The reason I like Zekrom is because it has a Black body and a Machine like Pokemon.

billi1000
May 29th, 2010, 07:34 AM
well it seems we need more information about these legendaries before starting to jump into conclusions and decisions about how they look and what they are capable of, although they do look pretty epic, i guess the story line is going to make a huge difference in our decisions.

And by the way, as much resemblance these Pokemon might have to existing Digimon and YuGiOh! characters (which isnt very flashy), we are going to have to live with it like we did to all the other legendaries.

Spikey-Eared Pichu
May 29th, 2010, 07:53 AM
I think Reshiram's appearance has increased the likeliness of a Light-Type. I mean, look at it! It's like an angelic dragon for Pete's sake! As for Zekrom, he's just straight badass!!!

Infernaped!
May 29th, 2010, 07:56 AM
I'll be going for which ever game has Zekrom..

linkster7
May 29th, 2010, 07:58 AM
I'm surprised I didn't find a thread for this already. Anyways:

http://i46.tinypic.com/10ptu2e.png

What'cha think? The white one is Reshiram, and the black is Zekrom. The black one reminds me of a monochrome Palkia...

EDIT: Adding the high-quality images that Rukario posted, for your viewing pleasure...

EDIT again: It's confirmed that they are both Dragon-type. No telling if they have a secondary type or what it is.
OMG THE BLACK ONE WAS MY DESIGN THAT I SENT THEM!!!!!!!! OMG I SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lx_theo
May 29th, 2010, 08:02 AM
OMG THE BLACK ONE WAS MY DESIGN THAT I SENT THEM!!!!!!!! OMG I SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right... you have proof? Or would rather just look like your trying to take credit for a professional artist and designer's work?

Åzurε
May 29th, 2010, 08:03 AM

Could you perhaps send me the original sketches? Or just a sample of your artwork?

Charmageddon
May 29th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Am I the only one who really doesn't like these legendaries and thinks that they're the worst Pokemon released so far? Thought so.

Reshiram looks pretty cool, I like everything about except for that fact that the tuft of hair between his legs looks like - lets not beat about the bush, it looks like a penis. The Internet is going to destroy him.

Zekrom bores me. Just another lame mecha/digimon-type that looks incredibly similar to Palkia. I much prefer Pokemon that resemble real-life animals, it makes the game feel more authentic to me. Mecha = lame for me.

And Dragon-type legendaries again? Yawn. We had that last generation, it's very dull seeing the same thing twice. I was hoping for a pure Flying legendary or something original but no...

All around, I'm disappointed. I don't think we've had any good cover legendaries for a long time, I had high hopes this time. I think that the whole "never seen a Pokemon game like this before" propaganda will turn out to be a load of guff, it'll be the same enjoyable yet predictable runaround we've had time and time again. Sigh.

Yamikarasu
May 29th, 2010, 08:07 AM

What? No. No offense, but that just doesn't seem likely at all. Although I'm sure they do look through a lot of fanart they are sent or that is posted on the internet for ideas.

I'm going to give Gamefreak a break for making these part Dragon type. Dragon has traditionally been the "most powerful" type (let's forget about Psychic, kthx) and I think it at least makes sense that they are part Dragon, just so long as they are also part Light and part Dark, respectively.

Reshiram looks pretty cool, I like everything about except for that fact that the tuft of hair between his legs looks like - lets not beat about the bush, it looks like a penis. The Internet is going to destroy him.

Zekrom bores me. Just another lame mecha/digimon-type that looks incredibly similar to Palkia. I much prefer Pokemon that resemble real-life animals, it makes the game feel more authentic to me. Mecha = lame for me.

Penis? Look at Palkia. Now look at Palkia again, this time noticing its circular, almost balls-esque shoulder plates, and its long neck and rounded head. Yeah. I don't think the internet is going to mind much about this tuft of feathers.

And since when have legendaries ever resembled an actual animal? Except for Shaymin, which actually looked like a hedgehog.

Christopher
May 29th, 2010, 08:10 AM
they look stupid its like Gamefreak is giving up I mean really these two are legends they look more like bad fakemon

Pandemonioum
May 29th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Heh everytime when I watch Zekrom I start to look at it's tail and I got idea. How about if their looks are deceiving? And Zekrom is accually Dragon/Light type. Think about the possibility that it's tail is some sort of generator that will light the darkest bits of its body to glow :P

And then Reshirams tail would be somekind of mist of cloud making device, or something.

Just think about Groudon, no one saw it coming that it was mono ground type. I bet everyone said it will be fire type because it was so damn red -.-

Charmageddon
May 29th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Penis? Look at Palkia. Now look at Palkia again, this time noticing its circular, almost balls-esque shoulder plates, and its long neck and rounded head.

You're right. However, Palkia's penis-like attachment is not located on his crotch. (and for the record, I don't much like Palkia either)

Yeah. I don't think the internet is going to mind much about this tuft of feathers.

You really don't think that the Rule 34 guys will exploit such a thing?

And since when have legendaries ever resembled an actual animal? Except for Shaymin, which actually looked like a hedgehog.

Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno - birds.
Suicine, Entei, Raikou - dogs/cats/gerbils
Mew(two) - cat-like
Lugia and Ho-oh - Birds
Kyogre - Orca
Arceus - Horse-like
Shaymin - Hegdehog

Massai
May 29th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Right... you have proof? Or would rather just look like your trying to take credit for a professional artist and designer's work?

Could you perhaps send me the original sketches? Or just a sample of your artwork?

Let them be happy, even if it's not 100% their design it's cute to see people get excited like that. If they have an original I'm sure they'll post. It's not like they're claiming it and trying to lord it over or get anything out of it, they're just happy.

As for the designs, I really like Zekrom overall, but think Reshiram has the better tail and the sweep on the head is nice. The wife really likes Reshiram a lot, so I suppose that's one more step to figuring out which one of us is playing which version.

Also, the idea of adding a new type, and a Light type for that matter continues to be rediculous. First, Dark isn't "Dark" the way the western world considers it, and second there are some seriously neglected types in relativity to the other types. I could see these being Dragon/Psychic and Dragon/Dark.

PiPVoda
May 29th, 2010, 08:33 AM

Yep just read it on PokeBeach...apparantly they're the 'legendary dragon pokemon'....I'm not like uber upset cause I was expecting them to be part dragon. Though I gurantee we will see at least one new mix with these two, whether it be dark/dragon or a light type/dragon.

Yingxue
May 29th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Dragon? No, god, no~!

Let's hope it's not another dragon/steel type, though.

I'm kind of hoping that Zekrom is a Dragon/dark and Reshiram is Dragon/Psychic :3

PiPVoda
May 29th, 2010, 08:37 AM
YAY THEY AREN'T CHANGING THE NAMES!!! SINCE THEY ARE 'BLACK' AND 'WHITE' ON THE US WEBSITE!!! :D

I don't know why I'm happy, I wanted name changes, but Black and White suite the Legends more than any Gem would, seeing as the are Gemless...

Speaking of name changes..Zoroark will be keeping its name in the English and Japanese versions of the game ^^.

And apparantly black and white have a 'TWL' code meaning they're enhanced for the DSi..so I'm guessing people who move to buy a DSi are probably gonna have somewhat better graphics in the game.
http://pokebeach.com/2010/05/reshiram-and-zekrom-dragon-types-new-black-white-factoids

You're right. However, Palkia's penis-like attachment is not located on his crotch. (and for the record, I don't much like Palkia either)

You really don't think that the Rule 34 guys will exploit such a thing?

Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno - birds.
Suicine, Entei, Raikou - dogs/cats/gerbils
Mew(two) - cat-like
Lugia and Ho-oh - Birds
Kyogre - Orca
Arceus - Horse-like
Shaymin - Hegdehog

U guys arguing over that patch of hair near Reshima's no_no's? Well first off it's just a patch of hair and pokemon don't even have private parts (so I don't see why I said no no's in the first place). I doubt it will be noticable in the game...

and yes most legendaries resemble animals and more than likely Zekrom and Reshima will as well. We just don't know what species they resemble or if they're hybrids of some sort.

Spikey-Eared Pichu
May 29th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Really...REALLY?! Someone actually pointed out that Reshiram's feathers make it look like he has a penis? REALLY?! My God, get your heads out of the gutter v_v...

On topic: If you look at Reshiram closely, you'll notice that the "feather" on its head is actually a pair. So, ears? Also, I believe Gamefreak is now gaining inspiration from Dr. Seus. Look through some of the old books and you'll find how close in appearance Reshiram actually is to some of the bird-like creatures. Still EPIC PWNAGE though.

.Gamer
May 29th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Really...REALLY?! Someone actually pointed out that Reshiram's feathers make it look like he has a penis? REALLY?! My God, get your heads out of the gutter v_v...

Clearly you haven't looked at Palkia long enough....

Also, am I the only one who feels like these pokemon don't even FEEL like pokemon anymore? They look fugly to me.

http://download.lavadomefive.com/members/BigClawz/Digimon-BlackWarGreymon.jpg

Also, a STRIKING resemblance to digimon. These new legendaries make me a sad panda.

crimsonstorm
May 29th, 2010, 10:16 AM
I'm disappointed in the legends to be honest. There's too many dragons already. It seems like the legends are just getting recycled. I hoping the other gen 5 pokes are better.

Bloothump
May 29th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Also, am I the only one who feels like these pokemon don't even FEEL like pokemon anymore? They look fugly to me.

Also, a STRIKING resemblance to digimon. These new legendaries make me a sad panda.

Uhhh, no. The body physique is quite different. They're both big, both dark, and both in two legs but other than that... Zekrom isn't wearing armor, and he's only one color, not 3. He has one horn, not three. His eyes are more complex. No hair. He's actually pretty organic looking, except for the tail, in my opiniom.

billi1000
May 29th, 2010, 10:27 AM
@ .Gamer, well ur right there is a resemblance between these legendaries and digimon and even some YuGiOh! characters as well, but lets not over kill these legendaries, to be honest they resemble previous pokemon (mostly palkia) much more than they do to non-pokemon characters. If we have to imply this to every pokemon sprite, you would find many resemblances (like pikachu and patamon, like come on, these 2 look almost identical) so i guess lets just wait for more footage and images, its going to take more than a 1 single image of a pokemon to impress anybody.

Myles
May 29th, 2010, 10:41 AM

On a scale of Pokemon 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 digimon, they rank 2-4. And the particular digimon you chose to post just showed that even more. It's way more detailed and... bionic than them.

Serin
May 29th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Wow, I would easily get both the games.

Best looking legendaries so far out of all the generations.

Sora's Nobody
May 29th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Something i just thought of... These legendarys make me 101% sure that theyr will be something about planes, you might even have to get the Legendarys somewhere in the sky...? I mean look at them Reshiram has wings that look like plane winngs (the akward position atleast) and Zekrom has a turbine for a tail. Go ahead and say "no way, Sherlok!" if you like, but this is something pretty huge, for me atleast!

PiPVoda
May 29th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Something i just thought of... These legendarys make me 101% sure that theyr will be something about planes, you might even have to get the Legendarys somewhere in the sky...? I mean look at them Reshiram has wings that look like plane winngs (the akward position atleast) and Zekrom has a turbine for a tail. Go ahead and say "no way, Sherlok!" if you like, but this is something pretty huge, for me atleast!

You know what that is what ran by my mind awhile back too. Maybe it was made like that by coincidence or it has something to do with the story I suppose. I wonder if they will be able to fly though..Reshiram looks like it possibly could...Zekrom..not so much.

Clearly you haven't looked at Palkia long enough....

Honestly, if Zekrom and Reshima are fugly...then how do you describe this guy? :laugh:

The body structure is completey different and neither of them have those big ugly dino feet either. yes they may resemble digimon in a way..or at least look like they should be digimon, but if anything they (say Zekrom) bare no resemblance to this. If anything they seem to resemble a few other pokemon rather than Digimon.

Esper
May 29th, 2010, 11:06 AM
More dragon legendaries? I am underwhelmed by this news. They don't look particularly dragon-like to me.

I have the tiniest sliver of hope that this is misinformation or a mistranslation. I like them slightly less now. Ah, well, there's more to the games than the legendaries.

May 29th, 2010, 11:14 AM
I expected them to be dragon, they might be Dragon/psychic(or light if it's made) and Dragon/dark!... the legendaries seem to be one sided again...like Kyogre beats Groudon,Palkia can't beat Dialga...type wise only.

PiPVoda
May 29th, 2010, 11:23 AM
I expected them to be dragon, they might be Dragon/psychic(or light if it's made) and Dragon/dark!... the legendaries seem to be one sided again...like Kyogre beats Groudon,Palkia can't beat Dialga...type wise only.

I don't think they will be one-sided unless Reshiram is like psychic/dragon and Zekrom is dark/dragon. If Reshiram is say a new type light/dragon then light&dark could both be SE against one another.

and Palkia can so beat Dialga (well at least my 3) :D.

Toshiro.
May 29th, 2010, 11:24 AM
I actually like these two, which is surprising to me since I wasn't to impressed with the starters. I like their designs. Some say that they look too much like Digimon, but I disagree. Overall I like these two.

Yamikarasu
May 29th, 2010, 11:40 AM
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/agumon.jpgvshttp://s.bebo.com/app-image/7925056065/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/03/21/charmander.jpg

Yeah... the argument that Pokemon are starting to look like Digimon is fairly weak, since (no offence to the Digimon's fandom) Digimon came after Pokemon and pretty much used the same premise. I think what Pokemon is doing is simply trying to move away from the idea that they are kiddie games and appeal to a wider audience, particularly those who never gave Pokemon a chance.

nielsnijhof
May 29th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I am so going for Zekrom :D

Rumi
May 29th, 2010, 12:45 PM
I personally love the legendaries! I'm probably getting Black, which is good, since I quite like Reshiram's design--a bit more than Zekrom's. They have this kinda epic feel I can't explain. This made me even more excited!

Dubstep
May 29th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I was expecting something more.

Felly
May 29th, 2010, 01:22 PM
They both look pretty epic. I was gonna wait for the mascots, but since they both look pretty epic, I think I'm gonna have to wait for version exclusives. (:

Medaka
May 29th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I really like both of the new legendaries. :) I'm still not too sure as to which one I like more.
I just wish they weren't part dragon type.
But then again, it's not like I'm going to use them once I've caught them, so it's all good.

PiPVoda
May 29th, 2010, 03:32 PM
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/agumon.jpgvshttp://s.bebo.com/app-image/7925056065/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/03/21/charmander.jpg

Yeah... the argument that Pokemon are starting to look like Digimon is fairly weak, since (no offence to the Digimon's fandom) Digimon came after Pokemon and pretty much used the same premise. I think what Pokemon is doing is simply trying to move away from the idea that they are kiddie games and appeal to a wider audience, particularly those who never gave Pokemon a chance.

Hmm, true I agree..and honestly if the legendaries are this awesome, and if they're really trying to appeal to an older audience at the same time too then I expect the other gen 5 pokemon to be awesome.

Ayselipera
May 29th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I find Reshiram interesting, but Zekrom seems to be a bit of over kill. All I see is a bunch of dismembered parts of other Pokemon thrown together and painted black. At this point Black Version is looking a little more appealing. Although it still is a bit to early for that.

mew²
May 29th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Pretty much was I was expecting.
A demonic and angel like legendary duo.
I don't like the white one. But it will grow on me like Palkia and Dialga.

May 29th, 2010, 04:06 PM
I don't think they will be one-sided unless Reshiram is like psychic/dragon and Zekrom is dark/dragon. If Reshiram is say a new type light/dragon then light&dark could both be SE against one another.

and Palkia can so beat Dialga (well at least my 3) :D...I mean't type advantage...wise... That's why I think we need a light type or we would see the one sidedness again like we did in gen 1,3,4...wait this is part of a tradition isn't it... only gen 2 broke this...
Can't wait until I get White so I can have my cool Mecha like dragon demon like Mascot...too bad I don't get it until after I'm almost done with the game...

Karel_Kazuki
May 29th, 2010, 04:06 PM
This is awesome.This is how i see it.

There are no new types, because they would have been announced before the starters were revealed.

The White one= Dragon/Ice FTW!!!!!!
The Black one=Dragon/Dark/Giratina's maker FTW!!!!

In any case, they both say EPIC for me.I will get my translator ready so I can input it into the Japanese game for everyone to enjoy.

May 29th, 2010, 04:09 PM
This is awesome.This is how i see it.

There are no new types, because they would have been announced before the starters were revealed.

The White one= Dragon/Ice FTW!!!!!!
The Black one=Dragon/Dark/Giratina's maker FTW!!!!

In any case, they both say EPIC for me.I will get my translator ready so I can input it into the Japanese game for everyone to enjoy.
...I don't think it's Dragon/Ice to me it's more Dragon/psychic, the other one is 75% going to be Dragon/dark... Your joking on Giratina's maker right as Giratina was created by Arceus... I can't tell if you joking or not...

JAK3
May 29th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Hey cool, they look awesome. Looks like I will be getting Zekrom, I said I would be getting White from the very Beginning, so there you have it, I will admit though, they share a resemblance to Digimon, but hey, Who cares, they are still Pokemon.

Karel_Kazuki
May 29th, 2010, 04:15 PM
I'm disappointed in the legends to be honest. There's too many dragons already. It seems like the legends are just getting recycled. I hoping the other gen 5 pokes are better.
BIGGEST LOAD OF CRAP I HEARD!

Has anyone even noticed that in every generation, except 2(you would probably consider Tyranitar a dragon.) that there was only one set of Dragons?

Dragonite fam
Salamance fam
Garchomp fam
Flygon fam

Legendaries
Sinnoh 3
Rayquaza

Seriously?There arent ENOUGH dragons.

...I don't think it's Dragon/Ice to me it's more Dragon/psychic, the other one is 75% going to be Dragon/dark... Your joking on Giratina's maker right as Giratina was created by Arceus... I can't tell if you joking or not...
I agree about the Psychic too.And I didnt mean it like that i mean Giratina easily gets PWNED.

May 29th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Hey cool, they look awesome. Looks like I will be getting Zekrom, I said I would be getting White from the very Beginning, so there you have it, I will admit though, they share a resemblance to Digimon, but hey, Who cares, they are still Pokemon.I agree with you, I was also going to get white from the beginning and still am...i hate it how people who said they were going to get Black have all of a sudden shift towards white after this reveal! Serebii said something about the games having more differences between them other than the traditional differences...wonder what they are...

Has anyone even noticed that in every generation, except 2(you would probably consider Tyranitar a dragon.) that there was only one set of Dragons?

Dragonite fam
Salamance fam
Garchomp fam
Flygon fam

Legendaries
Sinnoh 3
Rayquaza

I agree about the Psychic too.And I didnt mean it like that i mean Giratina easily gets PWNED.
Lol I thought you mean't that but wasn't sure... of course it would pawn Gira if it's Dragon/dark, plus it's design already pawns Gira...You forgot to put Latios and latias in you list...this is the second Yin-yang pair that is part dragon after the Latis!

Waffle-San
May 29th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Can I cancel Dragon out of Weakness?
Since Ice resists Dragons :D
It'll be much like Dialga whom can resist dragon cos' of it's steel too.

I wish, but Ice sadly only resists Ice. But I'd love if it did resist Dragon as well.

It'd have 4 2X weaknesses, Dragon has a 2X Weakness to both Ice and Dragon.
And am I the only one who feels they don't have to have "opposite" typings to oppose eachother?

What? No. No offense, but that just doesn't seem likely at all. Although I'm sure they do look through a lot of fanart they are sent or that is posted on the internet for ideas.

I'm going to give Gamefreak a break for making these part Dragon type. Dragon has traditionally been the "most powerful" type (let's forget about Psychic, kthx) and I think it at least makes sense that they are part Dragon, just so long as they are also part Light and part Dark, respectively.

Penis? Look at Palkia. Now look at Palkia again, this time noticing its circular, almost balls-esque shoulder plates, and its long neck and rounded head. Yeah. I don't think the internet is going to mind much about this tuft of feathers.

I agree with you completely here, I mean here's a picture of Zekrom and Palkia. (They're big...)

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/68/Zekrom.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/66/484Palkia.png

They have some body shape similiarities but they're quite obviously different pokemon.

I have to say I'm very pleased with these Legends the only thing I don't like about them is their names but whatever, I'll get used to them. Also I see Dragon/Steel or Dragon/Dark for Zekrom and;
Dragon/Normal, Dragon/Flying or Dragon/Steel for Reshiram. Just please game freak, no Psychic legends!!

Karel_Kazuki
May 29th, 2010, 04:27 PM
I agree with you, I was also going to get white from the beginning and still am...i hate it how people who said they were going to get Black have all of a sudden shift towards white after this reveal! Serebii said something about the games having more differences between them other than the traditional differences...wonder what they are...

Lol I thought you mean't that but wasn't sure... of course it would pawn Gira if it's Dragon/dark, plus it's design already pawns Gira...You forgot to put Latios and latias in you list...this is the second Yin-yang pair that is part dragon after the Latis!I forgot about them.But then again, they reminded me too much of Lugia and by first glance you would say they're dragons but theyre just Birds.

Even then, its still not enough dragon.I think there are more bug types than anything.

May 29th, 2010, 04:31 PM
I forgot about them.But then again, they reminded me too much of Lugia and by first glance you would say they're dragons but theyre just Birds.

Even then, its still not enough dragon.I think there are more bug types than anything...the Latis are Dragon type... not flying... The white one will have the same type combo as the Latis actually Dragon/psychic...if light type isn't made... I like the names also, they sound cool much better than Dialga and Palkia,Lugia and Ho-oh!

Waffle-San
May 29th, 2010, 04:33 PM

Dragonite fam
Salamance fam
Garchomp fam
Flygon fam

Legendaries
Sinnoh 3
Rayquaza

Gen 1 had Dragonite family
Gen 2 had Kingdra
Gen 3 had the Salamence family, the Flygon family (minus Trapinch) and Altaria
Gen 4 had the Garchomp family

For Legends

Gen 1 had none
Gen 2 had none
Gen 3 had Rayquaza, Latios and Latias
Gen 4 had Dialga, Palkia and Giratina

I love Dragon pokemon so I won't complain about them but there have been alot of dragon legends in the past 2 generations. (Not that I disagree with that)

As for non legendaries, I think 4 Dragons a generation would suffice, generation 3 had a little much. I only say this because Dragon's are supposed to be the epitemy of Power, if they were walking around everywhere they wouldn't exactly be rare or regarded with the wonder that they are. Which is exactly why Dragon makes a good Legendary Pokemon type!!

Karel_Kazuki
May 29th, 2010, 04:35 PM
..the Latis are Dragon type... not flying... The white one will have the same type combo as the Latis actually Dragon/psychic...if light type isn't made... I like the names also, they sound cool much better than Dialga and Palkia,Lugia and Ho-oh!
Yeah but Dialga and Palkia were only named so because of the name of the games and what it took to get them.I dont know about Lugia or Ho-oh though.

May 29th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Gen 2 had Kingdra

For Legends

Gen 1 had none
Gen 2 had none

I love Dragon pokemon so I won't complain about them but there have been alot of dragon legends in the past 2 generations. (Not that I disagree with that)

As for non legendaries, I think 4 Dragons a generation would suffice, generation 3 had a little much. I only say this because Dragon's are supposed to be the epitemy of Power, if they were walking around everywhere they wouldn't exactly be rare or regarded with the wonder that they are. Which is exactly why Dragon makes a good Legendary Pokemon type!!
yup they do make a good Legendary type all dragons with the exceptions of Flygon, Alteria, and Kingdra are Psuedo legendary or legendary!

Karel_Kazuki
May 29th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Gen 2 had Kingdra

For Legends

Gen 1 had none
Gen 2 had none

As for non legendaries, I think 4 Dragons a generation would suffice, generation 3 had a little much. I only say this because Dragon's are supposed to be the epitemy of Power, if they were walking around everywhere they wouldn't exactly be rare or regarded with the wonder that they are. Which is exactly why Dragon makes a good Legendary Pokemon type!!Yep I realized that by the end of Generation 3.Bugs are the shortest to evolve, easiest to find and I believe has the most weaknesses? While Dragons are the longest to evolve, harder to find, and has only two weaknesses(One for Palkia).But they have the strength to match the time it takes, while I , personally, get sick of bugs by level 15.

Waffle-San
May 29th, 2010, 04:41 PM
yup they do make a good Legendary type all dragons with the exceptions of Flygon, Alteria, and Kingdra are Psuedo legendary or legendary!

And Altaria is the only Dragon whose not in OU/Uber.

/Circa
May 29th, 2010, 04:44 PM
The black one has a massive jet engine as it's tail, it could possibly be steel type?

shot571
May 29th, 2010, 04:45 PM
..I mean't type advantage...wise... That's why I think we need a light type or we would see the one sidedness again like we did in gen 1,3,4...wait this is part of a tradition isn't it... only gen 2 broke this...
Can't wait until I get White so I can have my cool Mecha like dragon demon like Mascot...too bad I don't get it until after I'm almost done with the game...Gen 2 had it as well didnt it. Lugia>Ho-oh ? :s

May 29th, 2010, 04:45 PM
And Altaria is the only Dragon whose not in OU/Uber.
so true...actually one of the reason I think Altaria needs a evo...
Wonder what the third one will look like and if they will give it a new forme come the third version like they did with gira... or was that a time third version thing... guess we will have to wait until Pokemon Grey version until then...

Mattysaurus
May 29th, 2010, 04:48 PM
The black one has a massive jet engine as it's tail, it could possibly be steel type?

I though it had a more 'Slowbro' type thing. But, maybe?

SIN1488
May 29th, 2010, 04:50 PM
I though it had a more 'Slowbro' type thing. But, maybe?

lol, I knew I couldn't be the only one to notice that.

dozo
May 29th, 2010, 05:53 PM
I. NEED. RESHIRAM.
It's beautiful. I'll probably wait until Grey or whatever comes out so I can get both though. I'm so excited nowwww.

GoldvsRed
May 29th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Gen 2 had it as well didnt it. Lugia>Ho-oh ? :s

Lugia isn't a Water-Type... It's Psychic/Flying-Type. Of course, it might as well have been a Water-Type, and the recent TCG cards of it show it as such... And it even learns Hydro pump by Level-Up. So, yeah... As much as I love that awesome rainbow-fire-sunshine-golden-god-chicken, Lugia would kick its feathered ass in battle.

PiPVoda
May 29th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Gen 2 had Kingdra

For Legends

Gen 1 had none
Gen 2 had none

True true. 4 Dragons a gen not including legendaries? Hmmm, I think we should be given two dragon families and maybe a dragon that doesn't evolve? We haven't had that yet. Though I imagine it would be pretty strong considering it would have no evos.

Lugia isn't a Water-Type... It's Psychic/Flying-Type. Of course, it might as well have been a Water-Type, and the recent TCG cards of it show it as such... And it even learns Hydro pump by Level-Up. So, yeah... As much as I love that awesome rainbow-fire-sunshine-golden-god-chicken, Lugia would kick its feathered ass in battle.

Nuh-oh..just depends on how you raise yours :D.

Åzurε
May 29th, 2010, 07:06 PM
IMO, Dragon is a good type for Legendaries. However, they shouldn't just stick with that. We have 16 other types, and they haven't even used some of them. I could think up a good Bug right now, more than likely. I'm leaning towards giant beetle.

GoldvsRed
May 29th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Nuh-oh..just depends on how you raise yours :D.

Yeah, Ho-Oh with Punishment is awesome against Psychic-Types.

PiPVoda
May 29th, 2010, 07:14 PM
IMO, Dragon is a good type for Legendaries. However, they shouldn't just stick with that. We have 16 other types, and they haven't even used some of them. I could think up a good Bug right now, more than likely. I'm leaning towards giant beetle.

The types that I predict will definitely not get much action, unfortunately, in the legendary pkmn category are:

Normal/flying
Bug
Fighting (maybe...we don't have one yet but it'd be sweet if we did)

Arc
May 29th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Oh man, both look awesome. But I'm gonna choose Zekrom as the better looking one ;D

May 29th, 2010, 08:37 PM
These mascots are the best looking mascots since Groudon and Kyogre! Zekrom has markings or lines in it's neck and part of it's face that make it look mecha like plus, I like these marking actually and it's mecha look and I also like Reshiram's natural look... the only part not natural about it is it's tail... I bet their Signature moves will have to do with their tails Reshiram will most likely send a beam of light out from it's tail and Zekrom's signature move will be a drill like move involving it's "wind turbine".

Hibaru
May 29th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Oh man, both look awesome. But I'm gonna choose Zekrom as the better looking one ;D

Me too. I like both, But not much for Reshiram!

vibratingcat
May 29th, 2010, 08:53 PM
i might get both as they're both awesome. i still think its weird that the black pokemon is in white and vice versa. i guess it looks nicer on the box.

PiPVoda
May 29th, 2010, 08:53 PM
These mascots are the best looking mascots since Groudon and Kyogre! Zekrom has markings or lines in it's neck and part of it's face that make it look mecha like plus, I like these marking actually and it's mecha look and I also like Reshiram's natural look... the only part not natural about it is it's tail... I bet their Signature moves will have to do with their tails Reshiram will most likely send a beam of light out from it's tail and Zekrom's signature move will be a drill like move involving it's "wind turbine".

Yeah I wonder what they're sigs will be, can't wait to find out when the games come out.

Mortalis
May 29th, 2010, 09:01 PM
They're both so awesome! I love them, I love them, I love them! I can't wait. I don't know which I like better. D:

Ωmega
May 29th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Alright, a few things I have noticed.

1. Stop constantly hoping for a new type. We aren't getting one, the game is balanced, deal with it.

2. "Reshiram looks pure flying" or "Zekrom looks Dark/Steel." Fools, both are Dragon-typed. It hasn't been revealed if they are pure or part, but, from what I've observed with previous games, they're most likely going to be pure Dragon with Reshiram having a more Psychic-based movepool and Zekrom having a more Dark-based movepool. Remember, the games are Black and White, not Sky and Earth, so stop hoping for Flying- and Steel-types.

3. Zekrom does look like a monochrome Palkia as someone has stated before, but you have to keep this in mind: a lot of Pokemon look alike. Pikachu, Pachirisu, Plusle, and Minun all look alike. There are thousands upon thousands of pre-drawn Pokemon. One of them is bound to look like another.

4. Zekrom is the legend for White Version, Reshiram is the legend for Black Version. I'm getting both.

5. Zekrom is cooler. :D

Haza
May 29th, 2010, 09:57 PM
I won't be able to relax until I find out Reshiram's typing... It really does not suit anything but to be honest, Latias and Latios don't either.

Myles
May 29th, 2010, 09:57 PM
1. Stop constantly hoping for a new type. We aren't getting one, the game is balanced, deal with it.

When did someone say the game wasn't balanced?

2. "Reshiram looks pure flying" or "Zekrom looks Dark/Steel." Fools, both are Dragon-typed. It hasn't been revealed if they are pure or part, but, from what I've observed with previous games, they're most likely going to be pure Dragon with Reshiram having a more Psychic-based movepool and Zekrom having a more Dark-based movepool. Remember, the games are Black and White, not Sky and Earth, so stop hoping for Flying- and Steel-types.

I don't think anyone has speculated pure-flying since that tidbit was revealed (if it truly was revealed, it could be just their species name after all), but I could be wrong.

shengar
May 29th, 2010, 10:09 PM
When did someone say the game wasn't balanced?

Adding more type just make it worse.

GoldvsRed
May 29th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Wait, Zekrom's in the White version? Great, now I can quit forcing myself to like Reshiram more! I actually don't really like Reshiram all that much... I just like bright colors! Still, Game Freak's really playing up this whole Yin Yang thing, to the point that the white Legendary's in the Black version, and the black Legendary's in the White version. It's... Confusing, to say the least. I nice, healthy dose of contrast, but it's still a lot harder to tell which version has which than, say, Diamond and Pearl!

DXrobots
May 29th, 2010, 10:25 PM

We didn't really need dark types. The Ghost type could have easily replaced it.

PiPVoda
May 29th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Alright, a few things I have noticed.

1. Stop constantly hoping for a new type. We aren't getting one, the game is balanced, deal with it

Did you read anywhere for people constantly hoping for new types? Yes it was brought up a few times, but constantly...you're exaggerating xD. And the games may be balanced but that doesn't mean that they always will have to be. I'm sure pokemon will go on after gen 5 so you never know what game freak will do to keep it going.

Well yes they're dragon-typed as we already know. You thinking Reshima will have more psychic-based movepool (though I sort of agree) and Zekrom having a dark-based isn't any better than what others were saying with 'reshiram looks pure flying type" and yada yada. I smell hypocrisy.

Diamond and Pearl had nothing to do with Palkia being part water or Dialga being part steel. Honestly, if you were asked back in '06 when they first revealed Dialga and Palkia if you thought they'd be steel/dragon and water/dragon based on their names would you have said yes? Get my drift? The names have nothing to do with what types the legendaries on their boxes will be. :cer_no:

3. I agree w/ you on that one.

5. Zekrom is cooler. :D

You're really pushing my buttons tonight. I can accept the other stuff you said..but this...this is just askin' for war :pink_pissed:

billi1000
May 29th, 2010, 10:29 PM

Who said Nintendo can't add newer types wuthout causing an imbalance? Nintendo is not going to add a new type if that type is going to be obsenely powerful. Does anybody remember psychic types back in the days of RBG, if you had a psychic type you would be ustoppable, even all ghost types were poison types as well so phychic would whipe them out as well. To balance that, Nintendo added dark types to the next generation that can own psychics easily since these attacks don't effect them. So Nintendo is not willing for this happen again, not to any Pokemon, that's why Darkrai isn't a Dark/Ghost or it would have been unbeatable.

If a light-type is to be added, then Nintendo will assure it isn't overpowerful and has its weaknesses to others. Reshiram would make a perfect "Light-Type" and keep in mind nintendo can add more types as long as equilibrium is maintained among all Pokemon and this so-called "Balance" doesn't soley depend on type.

Setosama
May 29th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Yeah, Ho-Oh with Punishment is awesome against Psychic-Types.

Lugia goes first, via SUPERIOR Speed.

Lugia uses a Physical Move and presents DEATH to Ho-oh! :D

Just kidding.

In all HONESTY though, Lugia can take WHATEVER Ho-oh or a VARIETY of other pokemon can dish at it... Ho-oh can't really say the same... Lugia can also be used to beat up MOST legendaries by Type Coverage as most are Dragon Type... Ho-oh can't really say the same, although it works EXCELLENT with Groudon and Sacred Fire is a five letter word that starts with "b"! :D

Also, if there IS a Light Type coming out... I predict it will be Super Effective against Ghost and Dark Types (as light illuminates darkness and ghosts only appear in dark places)... Not Very Effective against Grass Types (as plants absorb light for photosynthesis)... Have a complete immunity to or resistant to Dark and/or Ghost as well as resistances to Fire and Electric Types (as both of these create light).

And who else believes that these guys are gonna represent Heaven and Hell?

GoldvsRed
May 29th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Lugia goes first, via SUPERIOR Speed.

Lugia uses a Physical Move and presents DEATH to Ho-oh! :D

Just kidding.

In all HONESTY though, Lugia can take WHATEVER Ho-oh or a VARIETY of other pokemon can dish at it... Ho-oh can't really say the same... Lugia can also be used to beat up MOST legendaries by Type Coverage as most are Dragon Type... Ho-oh can't really say the same, although it works EXCELLENT with Groudon and Sacred Fire is a five letter word that starts with "b"! :D

Yes, my Ho-Oh is as good as dead so long as there is a Rock-Type on my opponent's team. It does have a better back-story, though... Luckily, they added to Lugia's plot for SoulSilver, what with the whole war, and island-splitting thing...

Haza
May 29th, 2010, 10:58 PM
And who else believes that these guys are gonna represent Heaven and Hell?
That's an idea, but it'd be a little too extreme for young Pokemon fans...

also, since I think of the Light-Type as an embodiment of purity, I think it would be weak against Poison.

loliwin
May 29th, 2010, 11:06 PM
lmfao! XD

I have a feeling Reshii is going to be Fire/Dragon. :O

SinisterEternity
May 29th, 2010, 11:14 PM

Like yeah, but writting it in caps like this makes me want to not believe you. Well, as the others stated, do you have original sketches ? Though it's easy to just take a look at what a pro designer made, use it as reference then make fake-original-sketches. You'd have probably/or not gotten credits for it, I guess, or at least some "feedback". But I don't think you made it... C'x

Else, I agree with Haza, if there were a Light Type, main weaknesses could be Poison and Dark ! Maybe not Ghost, but I dunno xD
But yeah, I hope the pokedex won't deceive us >_o

Also, I wonder if they are gonna keep the Japanese names, or switch again to Englishized Names o:

loliwin
May 29th, 2010, 11:17 PM
I think linkster7 was being sarcastic. >_>
The Jap names are awesome! XD

GoldvsRed
May 29th, 2010, 11:21 PM
I think linkster7 was being sarcastic. >_>

...Or an attention w***e. Whichever floats ya' boat!

Ωmega
May 29th, 2010, 11:25 PM
You're really pushing my buttons tonight. I can accept the other stuff you said..but this...this is just askin' for war :pink_pissed:

Bring it, home boy. XD

As for the hypocrisy thing, I didn't mean for it to come off like that.

Also, whoever said that the game doesn't need the Dark typing is dead wrong. The game NEEDS the Dark type. Ghost couldn't have taken it out because, back then, Ghost attacks did normal damage to Psychic types (or so I remember...) Either way, the Dark- and Steel-types were needed in order to balance the game.

Bluerang1
May 29th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Oh, so my Light and Day concept was right :P Let's see if my storyline will be similar *pokes siggy*

Haza
May 29th, 2010, 11:57 PM
I still fail to see how anyone could possibly think that Psychic naturally opposes the Dark type is an idiot. If anything, Psychic is somewhere in between Light and Dark, especially after seeing the way Sabrina was portrayed once... and Reshiram does not look the least bit Psychic.

Hibaru
May 30th, 2010, 12:09 AM
New type isn't really gonna happen to me. What's it gonna be though? The current type now is seems fine to me.

Setosama
May 30th, 2010, 12:29 AM
That's an idea, but it'd be a little too extreme for young Pokemon fans...

also, since I think of the Light-Type as an embodiment of purity, I think it would be weak against Poison.

That's a thought...

Oh, and BTW, the characters for these games are Teenagers at the VERY least! They're not 10 anymore!

And like using a pokemon(s) to change the shape of the world or very fabric of the universe is NOT too extreme? lol

I still fail to see how anyone could possibly think that Psychic naturally opposes the Dark type is an idiot. If anything, Psychic is somewhere in between Light and Dark, especially after seeing the way Sabrina was portrayed once... and Reshiram does not look the least bit Psychic.

Indeed, Dark was made to COMPLETELY COUNTER Psychic! They also made Ghost super effective against it.

Myles
May 30th, 2010, 12:35 AM
It could be of life and death, much more likely than them representing heaven and hell imo.

Although, I still think it will be day and night or light and dark at the moment.

Setosama
May 30th, 2010, 12:37 AM
It could be of life and death, much more likely than them representing heaven and hell imo.

Although, I still think it will be day and night or light and dark at the moment.

Why are heaven and hell unlikely?

Myles
May 30th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Same thing as Haza said really.

Setosama
May 30th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Yes, my Ho-Oh is as good as dead so long as there is a Rock-Type on my opponent's team. It does have a better back-story, though... Luckily, they added to Lugia's plot for SoulSilver, what with the whole war, and island-splitting thing...

Yes I did rather like the whole back-story with Lugia in SoulSilver. Although, in accordance to the anime, HeartGold makes a little more sense.

Doesn't really matter as both games are AMAZING and I wish The Pokemon Company would push them another year, much like they did with the originals but alas.

And all it takes is a Rock-Type MOVE... Not just a Pokemon. Or an Earthquake, if the player is DUMB enough to use Roost over Recover on Ho-oh.

Same thing as Haza said really.

And changing the volume of land and sea or distorting reality are NOT too extreme for children?! lol There is DEATH in EVERY SINGLE Disney Movie and most of those (if not all of them) are considered child friendly! HELL, MOST ARE G-RATED!!!

Also, the game characters are OLDER! It only makes sense that this game is meant to have a more mature audience! Not that this will stop 10 year olds and the like from playing these games as well it should not but people hear about religion ALL the time, no matter how it may get censored by the media. The more I think about it, Heaven and Hell make PERFECT Sense! It's really the only SENSIBLE way I can see it going.

I could be wrong, but that's how I'm calling it right now.

Haza
May 30th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Dude, you should calm down. The reason why Heaven and Hell are too extreme is obvious, drop it.

Volroc
May 30th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Yes I did rather like the whole back-story with Lugia in SoulSilver. Although, in accordance to the anime, HeartGold makes a little more sense.

Doesn't really matter as both games are AMAZING and I wish The Pokemon Company would push them another year, much like they did with the originals but alas.

And all it takes is a Rock-Type MOVE... Not just a Pokemon. Or an Earthquake, if the player is DUMB enough to use Roost over Recover on Ho-oh.

And changing the volume of land and sea or distorting reality are NOT too extreme for children?! lol There is DEATH in EVERY SINGLE Disney Movie and most of those (if not all of them) are considered child friendly! HELL, MOST ARE G-RATED!!!

Also, the game characters are OLDER! It only makes sense that this game is meant to have a more mature audience! Not that this will stop 10 year olds and the like from playing these games as well it should not but people hear about religion ALL the time, no matter how it may get censored by the media. The more I think about it, Heaven and Hell make PERFECT Sense! It's really the only SENSIBLE way I can see it going.

I could be wrong, but that's how I'm calling it right now.

you do know 4kids ****s everything up right?
look at the butcher job they did to yugioh 5Ds, one piece (til they lost rights to it) 4Kids still has slight dominion over pokemon, so you know if its life& death, theyll piss& moan til is becomes life & "they went off on a journey" or some lame BS like that

Setosama
May 30th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Dude, you should calm down. The reason why Heaven and Hell are too extreme is obvious, drop it.

It is NOT too extreme! It is, however, too awesome of an idea to NOT pass it up. The game has matured and evolved over the last 13 years. (14 if you go by the release date of the original Red and Green Versions in Japan.) That's right folks, Pokemon is 14 Years Old now!

Probably also why the main characters in these games are ALSO older than previous ones. We've already had that revealed a while ago. Also, if it does turn out the way I say, you know for sure it will be watered down over here and else where... For example, calling Dialga and Palkia "dieties" instead of "gods"... Or simply just calling them "guardians" will suffice in most cases.

you do know 4kids ****s everything up right?
look at the butcher job they did to yugioh 5Ds, one piece (til they lost rights to it) 4Kids still has slight dominion over pokemon, so you know if its life& death, theyll piss& moan til is becomes life & "they went off on a journey" or some lame BS like that

Yes, I refuse to watch the english dub for 5D's and anything else they get their hands on. And, really, they don't. If they did, the VAs would probably not have been changed. It's REALLY the "Freakin' FCC" and humanity going through that whole touchy phase again.

We can't show guns anymore? Why? Children used to watch westerns all the time back in the day! Try making a western without firearms and see how it works. 4Kids is B>A>D-Bad, and they may be the devil (along with Leo Burnet of course) but the censorship spawns from something much, MUCH, worse.

Also, you forgot "the next dimension". lol :D

On another note... WHAT?! POKEMON HAS LASTED 14 YEARS?! WOW!!! Awesome! Be thankful we're even getting these things at all. Even the programmers thought it would die out after GSC! ;)

Haza
May 30th, 2010, 01:23 AM
You don't bring the concept of Heaven and Hell into a children's series is all I'm saying, and Pokemon is already known for having negative feedback from the churches anyway. There is no way in HELL that they'd purposefully bring that upon themselves... and they (Reshiram and Zekrom) don't even really look like that is what they represent...

Setosama
May 30th, 2010, 01:32 AM
You don't bring the concept of Heaven and Hell into a children's series is all I'm saying, and Pokemon is already known for having negative feedback from the churches anyway. There is no way in HELL that they'd purposefully bring that upon themselves... and they (Reshiram and Zekrom) don't even really look like that is what they represent...

Really? Because I remember hearing a while back that the pope said pokemon was perfectly fine.

And there are PLENTY of different variations of heaven and hell OUTSIDE of Christianity you know. The games are Japanese. We are all pretty much sure that these dragons are gonna be classified as dieties (gods). It's not like Reshiram is God and Zekrom is The Devil. Although, really, Digimon got away with having Angels and Devils and Digimon Adventure (AKA Season 1) was considered a KIDS SHOW. It's already been stated by MANY a person that these Pokemon bear a STRIKING resemblance to Digimon's character artstyle.

Myles
May 30th, 2010, 01:32 AM
4Kids no longer has any affliation with Pokemon, so why even grin them up? Besides they didn't have any power over GameFreak/Nintendo/etc.

Were dialga and Palkia called deities? Either way deity means god anyway.

Oh and digimon was always more 'mature' in that way. And the later series started to get pretty dark too.

Setosama
May 30th, 2010, 01:33 AM
4Kids no longer has any affliation with Pokemon, so why even grin them up? Besides they didn't have any power over GameFreak/Nintendo/etc.

Were dialga and Palkia called deities? Either way deity means god anyway.

Watch the English Dub for Movie 10: "The Rise of Darkrai".

And while it DOES mean the same thing, to me, it kinda downgrades their status a bit...

However, at least they actually call them dieties instead of "beasts"... I'm looking at YOU 4KIDS! (Watch 2000)

The main characters is Digimon were ALSO older than Pokemon as well.

Also, I hate that I'm gonna hafta wait until at least AUGUST to hear what their Legendary Battle Music sounds like. :(

Alkaide
May 30th, 2010, 02:19 AM
The black one is deadly cool.

Teh white one is not much appealing, though, IMO.

Haza
May 30th, 2010, 02:33 AM
After what Pokebeach posted earlier this morning, I'm quite convinced that there just might be a Light type... the name Reshiram has a direct connection to Light, but relating to the time of day, and Zekron with darkness and night. That, and the fact that they'd reveal the legendary Pokemon without giving us their types...

Also, I feel like these legendary Pokemon are the epitome of Darkness and Light... and Zekron's special move will be called Black Hole, and Reshiram will have White Out

Setosama
May 30th, 2010, 02:43 AM
lolz, that would be interesting attacks.

Anyways, while these games ARE exciting, and I EAGERLY await their arrival, I think I'll be even MORE anxious when the Ruby and Sapphire Re-Makes are announced...

All things considered though... I AM looking forward to THIS generation more than I was for Diamond and Pearl.

The black one is deadly cool.

Teh white one is not much appealing, though, IMO.

I thought the same, at first... But the more I look AT Reshiram, the more I like it.

It could also just be that it's a White Dragon with Blue-Eyes... :D

It is also VERY elegant.

I can definitely say that, as far as design goes, while Zekrom DOES look VERY badass... Reshiram's tail looks WAY better... And Doggy-face kinda grows on me as well! X3

Rei Shingetsu
May 30th, 2010, 02:48 AM
lolz, that would be interesting attacks.

Anyways, while these games ARE exciting, and I EAGERLY await their arrival, I think I'll be even MORE anxious when the Ruby and Sapphire Re-Makes are announced...

All things considered though... I AM looking forward to THIS generation more than I was for Diamond and Pearl.

I thought the same, at first... But the more I look AT Reshiram, the more I like it.

It could also just be that it's a White Dragon with Blue-Eyes... :D

It is also VERY elegant.

I can definitely say that, as far as design goes, while Zekrom DOES look VERY badass... Reshiram's tail looks WAY better... And Doggy-face kinda grows on me as well! X3

-Tackleglomp-
Yesyes! Elegant! :D

Flare Riqueza
May 30th, 2010, 02:50 AM
My thoughts "oh christ, I'm not buying them. I hope they're on normal DSi etc. though, coz I want an R/S remake".

Seriously, more dragons???

And I can just tell the whole story will be based on them!

I prefer how G/S/C/Hg/Ss did it. Not much backstory, but you still meet them.

Or even better.....the R/G/B/Y/Fr/Lg way: you don't even have to realise they exist!

Setosama
May 30th, 2010, 02:55 AM
-Tackleglomp-
Yesyes! Elegant! :D

OW! I THINK YOU BROKE MY... Mmmmmmm... Ribs........... lol

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Honestly... There's something about these new pokemon... The more I look at them, the more I like them.

And while at first glance, Zekrom seems like the more badass of the two of 'em... And then I take a closer look at Reshiram...

Look at Reshiram's face! It's gaze! SCARY! It has that look of: "You call me 'girly' and you are SO gonna die!" I think that Reshiram will end up surprising A LOT of people out there.

Rei Shingetsu
May 30th, 2010, 02:56 AM
My thoughts "oh christ, I'm not buying them. I hope they're on normal DSi etc. though, coz I want an R/S remake".

Seriously, more dragons???

And I can just tell the whole story will be based on them!

I prefer how G/S/C/Hg/Ss did it. Not much backstory, but you still meet them.

Or even better.....the R/G/B/Y/Fr/Lg way: you don't even have to realise they exist!

I just hope it's not only for DSi s:
(I got 2 DSL, seriously)

OW! I THINK YOU BROKE MY... Mmmmmmm... Ribs........... lol

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Honestly... There's something about these new pokemon... The more I look at them, the more I like them.

And while at first glance, Zekrom seems like the more badass of the two of 'em... And then I take a closer look at Reshiram...

Look at Reshiram's face! It's gaze! SCARY! It has that look of: "You call me 'girly' and you are SO gonna die!" I think that Reshiram will end up surprising A LOT of people out there.

*Replace Ribs*
:P

And yeahs, she's just, gorgeously deadly!

Haza
May 30th, 2010, 03:00 AM
Haha, it is funny how we all start saying the same things... I too fell for Zekrom initially but now I am really starting to appreciate Reshiram... it's beautiful and it will be the most unique Dragon Type yet... being non-reptilian like Altaria.

Setosama
May 30th, 2010, 03:01 AM
I just hope it's not only for DSi s:
(I got 2 DSL, seriously)

*Replace Ribs*
:P

And yeahs, she's just, gorgeously deadly!

One of the reasons I am actually looking FORWARD to this Gen. Maybe I'll be able to play it right away! Doing it for only the DSi and on is STUPID! DSi sucks anyways. I have an old RED DS that I got JUST to play SoulSilver.

And, you know that "SHE" is probably gonna be genderless right?

Unfortunately, even if Reshiram DOES have a gender, you probably won't be able to breed it.

Haha, it is funny how we all start saying the same things... I too fell for Zekrom initially but now I am really starting to appreciate Reshiram... it's beautiful and it will be the most unique Dragon Type yet... being non-reptilian like Altaria.

Yeah, Altaria was a bit of a disappointment stats wise...

Although, it IS the only Dragon that can Perish Song... That counts for something right?

Rei Shingetsu
May 30th, 2010, 03:03 AM
One of the reasons I am actually looking FORWARD to this Gen. Maybe I'll be able to play it right away! Doing it for only the DSi and on is STUPID! DSi sucks anyways. I have an old RED DS that I got JUST to play SoulSilver.

And, you know that "SHE" is probably gonna be genderless right?

Unfortunately, even if Reshiram DOES have a gender, you probably won't be able to breed it.

Yeah, I only call her and her just because she looks more gracefully evil :P

&&. Yeah it'll be silly if it's an DSi-only game.

Myles
May 30th, 2010, 03:09 AM
I, too, am warming up to Reshiram more now.

And I'd say there's a different code for DSi-exclusive.

Hibaru
May 30th, 2010, 03:28 AM
The one I like about Reshiram is because its unique and I like its Blue Eyes. Zekrom, Its cool with the Black color like a machine especially its Arms and the Foots like Palkia!

Rich Boy Rob
May 30th, 2010, 04:38 AM
Judging by what was posted on Pokébeach I think I'm getting what will be the storyline of these games; I think Team Generic will try to summon either Zekrom or Reshiram (depending on version) and in White will try to create eternal night and in Black create eternal day. Similar Ruby & Sapphire did with land and sea. Alternatively it could be to do with eclipses.

As long as the legendaries have a decent backstory I'm happy. Even if it isn't explicitly noted in the main story.

seeker
May 30th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Some of the most original deisgns I've seen for a pokemon. in fact, they almost look like Digimon to be quite frank. But they're really really awesome, I'm happy with the outcome. My only issue is the "White" legendary actually looks quite demonic rather than a pure hearted being.

x0xave
May 30th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Well Reshiram is for Pokemon Black.
Zekrom is for Pokemon White.
Reshiram could be the Pokemon of the day.
Were as Zekrom could be the pokemon of the night.
Both pokemon hold the key to Day/Night.
Put them together, you can rule the planets weather, and life source.? I Don't know. :D

Yeah, there is some extra content, and speacil stuff for people whoi have the DSi. There could be more to do with the pokemon games.

billi1000
May 30th, 2010, 06:51 AM
Could Zekrom be a man-made Pokemon? Its covered entirely with armour plates and has a jet engine as a tail, and seems pretty bionic and robotic, so it is plausible.
As well, these legends may represent heaven/hell, day/night, angel/demon, good/evil, how knows... but as long as there's a good storyline supporting the theme, the outcome should be epic.

NA3LKER
May 30th, 2010, 08:07 AM
definately prefer the black one