PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

ComedyQuest
May 30th, 2010, 08:33 AM
For the first time, I'm gonna buy both games from one generation. All thanks to these beautifully designed legendaries.

Bayo
May 30th, 2010, 08:36 AM
I like the looks of the white one, more so than the black one.

Swinoob
May 30th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Are you sure these are real? That checkerboard pattern there looks suspiciously like the background of Adobe Photoshop. Hmmmm...

Edit: We're never going to get a pure Flying Type... and especially not on Reshiram. it's kind of a tradition for Flying types to be dual typed, and after ten years, a pure Flying type just wouldn't feel right.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
May 30th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Not a fan of these, to be honest. They look cool, but they don't look like Pokémon

Bloothump
May 30th, 2010, 09:56 AM
After what Pokebeach posted earlier this morning, I'm quite convinced that there just might be a Light type... the name Reshiram has a direct connection to Light, but relating to the time of day, and Zekron with darkness and night. That, and the fact that they'd reveal the legendary Pokemon without giving us their types...

Also, I feel like these legendary Pokemon are the epitome of Darkness and Light... and Zekron's special move will be called Black Hole, and Reshiram will have White Out

Hmmm. However, I refuse to beleive that there is no connection to naturalism and industrialism between the two of these pokemon, considering their tails. So maybe besides the night/day thing, we consider day to be beginning and night to be the end? I don't know.

560cool.
May 30th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Well, Alice in Wonderland on the DS makes use of the DSi camera !
And the TWL thing would probably be something minor, not revolving around the legendaries. GB Printer anyone ?
And, I, too start loving Reshiram more. Zekrom is just badass, while Reshiram is elegant ( :P ). Cresselia/Darkrai ANYONE ??? ;)

Dragonika
May 30th, 2010, 11:23 AM
They both luck totally epic but i thought cresselia was to do with light and darkrai was to do with darkness who cares anyways these legendaries luck awsome im defonatley getting both of them :D

Setosama
May 30th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Are you sure these are real? That checkerboard pattern there looks suspiciously like the background of Adobe Photoshop. Hmmmm...

Edit: We're never going to get a pure Flying Type... and especially not on Reshiram. it's kind of a tradition for Flying types to be dual typed, and after ten years, a pure Flying type just wouldn't feel right.

You OBVIOUSLY have not visited www.pokemon.com.

Oh, and it's 14 years.

Åzurε
May 30th, 2010, 11:39 AM
They both luck totally epic but i thought cresselia was to do with light and darkrai was to do with darkness who cares anyways these legendaries luck awsome im defonatley getting both of them :D

The light/darkness thing is pure speculation right now, nothing is really known about them.

Cresselia represents the crescent moon and good dreams, while Darkrai represents the new moon and nightmares.

Kai Lee Reddtail
May 30th, 2010, 11:41 AM
I am pleased with them both overall. I have a hard time picking which one I like more though.

There are aspects of both of them that bug me. I don't like Zekrom's tail, and some of Reshiram's anatomy (mostly in the leg area) just looks...akward.

I'm getting Black Version regardless. My Love is getting white, so we can trade legendaries if we want. Since I have equal amounts of like and pet-peeves for both of them, I'll find a way to trade for the one I don't have.

BleuVII
May 30th, 2010, 11:43 AM
And there are PLENTY of different variations of heaven and hell OUTSIDE of Christianity you know. The games are Japanese.

Yes, they are Japanese. Shintoism and Buddhism don't have a concept of heaven and hell. They believe that you will be reincarnated due to your karma until you live such a good life that you are liberated from the endless cycle of reincarnation (considered a curse) and join a universal consciousness. So I don't think we'll see heaven and hell as a theme in these games.

Also, there is already a thread discussing new types, including a light type, and there are lots of cool things written on it. Rather than debating it here, why not read what's been written and take the debate over there.

Esper
May 30th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Yes, they are Japanese. Shintoism and Buddhism don't have a concept of heaven and hell.
Actually, there is a Buddhist hell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naraka_%28Buddhism%29). It's not the same as the Christian hell, but it's close enough. And as another side note, most Japanese people aren't religious in any kind of serious way. There's really no reason for them to associate their games with such heavily religious themes. They've sort of skirted the topic with Pokemon like Houndoom, but that's more of a generic bad-dog type than a hell-beast and I don't see them going at all closer than that.

shuppet88
May 30th, 2010, 12:44 PM
THESE LOOK AWESOME!!!! XDDD im not filled with nostalgia

I think these legends look amazing, they are well designed. And unoriginal legends? wtf? :)

I totally agree. They look like what I imagine a legendary pokemon should look like. Like something totally strange and yet something that makes sense since it's a mythical being. Yeah, most pokemon are based on animals, but c'mon, Pikachu is the biggest mouse I've ever seen, or even Raticate too is a little bit far-fetched to be based on a rat. Those things are gigantic compared to real world rodents. So what then? That's okay to have, but Reshiram and Zekrom don't look like real pokemon? C'mon people, pokemon is fictional so anything is in the realm of possibility.

And as for what appears to be Reshiram's crotch, usually legendaries are genderless. So it's not really like it's a boy or anything. Excepting the case of Manaphy/Phione (which seems more like how donkeys mating with horses produces sterile mules), legendaries lack the ability to reproduce because they're genderless. So I doubt it's supposed to be some kind of reproductive organ. Anyway I love the new pokemon, and it makes me really excited about the new games.

cormac
May 30th, 2010, 01:07 PM
I like 'em, but they seem to take pokemon abit to seriously for me.

HunterX101
May 30th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Cant wait to see the Sprites.

Bluerang1
May 30th, 2010, 01:21 PM
I strongly hope Ligth types aren't created, but it seems they may be, starting with Reshiram. I don't see why, however, a Psychic can't control day?

Thanks you Lati@s for being Psychic/Dragon, making that typing for Reshiram seem unlikely. Then again, they weren't "main" Legends.

Haza
May 30th, 2010, 01:39 PM
I wouldn't mind if Reshiram was made the only Light-Type...

MegaKuriboh
May 30th, 2010, 02:15 PM
These are freakn epic!
Zekrom is wayyy cooler so I guess I'm getting white first but I want Black later too cause the white one s awesome as well

Chickenbits
May 30th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Holy crap the black one looks like some kind of mecha robot.... which is exactly what I want in a pokemon <3

Haza
May 30th, 2010, 02:59 PM
I have a feeling that Zekrom was created by some organization to destroy Reshiram...

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
May 30th, 2010, 03:13 PM
I really like these. I think I prefer the white one, Reshiram.

Crysta Blade
May 30th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Not surprised they're Dragon Types. But didn't the Japanese site say they're connected to legends in Isshu? Which would mean they've been around a long time, so neither can have been created recently.

Haza
May 30th, 2010, 03:22 PM
That is true... and Palkia looked somewhat robotic too so I guess that look has nothing to do with technology.

Åzurε
May 30th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Not surprised they're Dragon Types. But didn't the Japanese site say they're connected to legends in Isshu? Which would mean they've been around a long time, so neither can have been created recently.

Zekron could be more along the lines of lost technology. But there's no information on their backstory as of yet.

Haza
May 30th, 2010, 04:26 PM
@Future Arceus, are you referring to the fur/feathers in between it's legs? Only a child would find that inappropriate.

Future Arceus
May 30th, 2010, 04:31 PM
um.............did anyone notice that a black pokemon is on the cover for pokemon white and vice versa?? usually the color is the main legend? like ruby had groudon?

ThePinkDragon
May 30th, 2010, 04:43 PM
I am definitely an instant Reshiram fan! Whichever game he belongs to is the one I'm scoring when they come out! And Dragon types, no less. Ah, sweet sweet victory.

Kai Yamato
May 30th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Oh gee, another set of dragon legendary. Pretty redundant, don't ya think? Since the last cover legendaries were dragons after all.

Rei Shingetsu
May 30th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Well Reshiram is for Pokemon Black.
Zekrom is for Pokemon White.
Reshiram could be the Pokemon of the day.
Were as Zekrom could be the pokemon of the night.
Both pokemon hold the key to Day/Night.
Put them together, you can rule the planets weather, and life source.? I Don't know. :D

Yeah, there is some extra content, and speacil stuff for people whoi have the DSi. There could be more to do with the pokemon games.

Since Zekrom doesn't appear in Black and Reshiram doesn't appear in White, it's def. not an idea, maybe for until the 3rd version.

ThePinkDragon
May 30th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Oh gee, another set of dragon legendary. Pretty redundant, don't ya think? Since the last cover legendaries were dragons after all.

Likely because there aren't many other Dragon types besides legendaries. Us Dragon people need our fix, eh? ;)

Rei Shingetsu
May 30th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Likely because there aren't many other Dragon types besides legendaries. Us Dragon people need our fix, eh? ;)

Right on!
Dragons ftw!
But I'd prefers more non-legendary Dragons.

ThePinkDragon
May 30th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Right on!
Dragons ftw!
But I'd prefers more non-legendary Dragons.

I completely agree. I would love to see more non-legendary Dragon types and see some other types as mascots/legendaries.

Dawg 2005
May 30th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Christ do we need more Dragon types?

Ah well. I'm actually somewhat disappointed on how these two look. They look so...lame, I guess would be the word? Then again, it's hard to think up of new Pokemans. :P

ThePinkDragon
May 30th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Christ do we need more Dragon types?

Ah well. I'm actually somewhat disappointed on how these two look. They look so...lame, I guess would be the word? Then again, it's hard to think up of new Pokemans. :P

I suppose we don't need more Dragon types, but it would be nice for those of us who really like Dragon types. There are significantly less Dragon types than most other types of Pokemon in my experience.

BibarelRoll
May 30th, 2010, 05:17 PM
I must say, these sort of make up for the disappointment I got with the starters. But they kind of remind me of Digimon, with the fact that they're starting to look more unrealistic than the original Pokemon sort of did xD Not saying I don't love them, because I really do <3

vietazn654
May 30th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Dragon-type agaoin? <.< They should make it like, Psychic types. =p That would be awesome. But Zekrom and Reshiram must be man-made, because of ROM and RAM. =P Too much technology in the game xD But what would be cool is Reshiram being Light-type and Zekrom a Shadow-Type. =D

GreenStorm
May 30th, 2010, 05:47 PM
I find it awkward how everyone loves them, to be honest. Is it me, or do they look like Digimon instead of Pokemon?

BleuVII
May 30th, 2010, 05:47 PM
um.............did anyone notice that a black pokemon is on the cover for pokemon white and vice versa?? usually the color is the main legend? like ruby had groudon?

Yes, everybody noticed that. We have 22 pages of people noticing that by now.

BibarelRoll
May 30th, 2010, 05:55 PM
I find it awkward how everyone loves them, to be honest. Is it me, or do they look like Digimon instead of Pokemon?

That's what I was saying!

GreenStorm
May 30th, 2010, 06:00 PM
That's what I was saying!

Ops, sorry if you posted it and I didn't notice. But yeah, even they starters look like they're from some CN kids show. All of the announced Gen. V Pokemon so far don't look like Pokemon at all to me. It's more disappointing than when Gen. IV was released.

Dillon_68
May 30th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Other than being visually appealing, maybe having mascots of colors opposite the game title will alleviate those silly racism rumors. Instead of having an all black game, the legend will be white and vice-versa. I like the idea of switching up the expected, I hope there are more changes like that to come.

EmeraldSerenade
May 30th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Reshiram looks pretty sweet, but Zekrom reminds me of a transformer for some reason >_>

Hibaru
May 30th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Reshiram looks pretty sweet, but Zekrom reminds me of a transformer for some reason >_>

Haha! true! that's right.

Kendall
May 30th, 2010, 09:11 PM
I was hoping that we wouldn't have another "robot overlord". But Zekrom is pretty cool I guess. His jet engine tail must have some strange purpose. Reshiram looks angelic, definitely my favorite of the two. Since Reshiram is in Black, I probably will get Black, unless more version differences make me decide otherwise. Hell, I might even get both. One to casually play as the girl (she's hot, what can I say?), and one for serious play and competitive battling as the guy.

Haza
May 30th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Do you guys think that the upcoming Pokemon Sunday will reveal the Types for Reshiram and Zekrom? I surely hope so... I can't stop thinking about it. Oh and also, it's strange, we already have 3 Pokemon who's names start with the letter "Z"... and also, seeing Reshiram and Zoraork side by side is awesome, they look somewhat related.

/Circa
May 30th, 2010, 10:05 PM
To sought this out, this is what types we have had for legendaries.

Fire - Moltres, Entei, Groudon, Heatran, Ho-Oh.
Water - Kyrogue, Suicune, Phione, Manaphy. Lugia.
Electric - Zapdos, Raikou.
Grass - Shaymin, Celebi.
Psychic - Mew, Mewtwo, Celebi, Jirachi, Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, Jirachi, Deoxy, Cresselia, Latias, Latios.
Dark/Ghost - Giratina, Darkrai.
Dragon - Dialga, Palkia, Rayquaza, Latios, Latias.

So please don't tell me we have too many dragon legendaries, thats 5, 3 from one generation.
Correct me if im wrong, but Dragon Pokemon are supposed to be the strongest, and rarest, so it suits perfectly that a legendary Pokemon is a dragon pokemon. Dragons were sacred creatures from Ancient Japan so yea?

Hibaru
May 30th, 2010, 10:22 PM

Grass - Shaymin, Celebi.
Psychic - Mew, Mewtwo, Celebi, Jirachi, Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, Jirachi, Deoxy, Cresselia, Latias, Latios.

So please don't tell me we have too many dragon legendaries, thats 5, 3 from one generation.
Correct me if im wrong, but Dragon Pokemon are supposed to be the strongest, and rarest, so it suits perfectly that a legendary Pokemon is a dragon pokemon. Dragons were sacred creatures from Ancient Japan so yea?

We have 6 Dragon legendary, not 5. You forgot Giratina buddy! :)
But he's right! There's not too many though! Now we got total 8 Dragon type Legendary. Who know, maybe there's more than Reshiram and Zekrom in the 5th gen. But it doesn't bother me much! They're cool

Bluerang1
May 30th, 2010, 11:59 PM
I wouldn't mind if Reshiram was made the only Light-Type...

Yes, me neither. But if they do do Light types, all they have to do is change Flash to a Light Type move, and introduce new Light type Pokemon.

Vicousvirus
May 31st, 2010, 01:48 AM
Zekrom looks like a clone of Palkia, just darker. I love him all the same though.

Reshiram is kinda cool, it is original, but personally, I prefer Zekrom.

I was kinda banking on new type combinations for these two though, like Fire/Dragon or Electric/Dragon. But meh. This idea of a new type called 'Light' is pretty good for Reshiram though. :)

Charmageddon
May 31st, 2010, 01:53 AM

Grass - Shaymin, Celebi.

People aren't complaining about the amount of Dragon-type legendaries, they're complaining about the amount of Dragon-type boxart legendaries. With B/W, we will have had six games in a row with a Dragon-type mascot. Too much.

Haza
May 31st, 2010, 03:20 AM
This just in: Zekron could possibly the first Electric/Dragon Pokemon. coming from the host of Pokemon Sunday's blog, but the comment was quickly removed. I will totally hate it if this is true.

bobandbill
May 31st, 2010, 03:32 AM
Well considering the blog post's general gist was about how she mentioned about her love for electric types and stated that due to this, she wanted to get Zekrom', and the person was the host of Pokemon Sunday (and a voice actor in a poke. movie as well?) and the fact it was hastily edited out... seems to be the case. Not confirmed but seems to be an accidental leak there - probably a safe bet that it's electric now tbh.

i don't think it all that bad - kinda like the idea of it being Dragon/Electric. But what does that make the other legendary? (And tbh the chance of the ying/yang theme doesn't mean that the legendaries have to be dark/whatever type either... dragon itself is kinda symbolic as it is both weak and strong against itself).

Haza
May 31st, 2010, 03:47 AM
Ugh, your right... and if it is indeed an Electric type, I still hate it and that would also REALLY lead me to believe that it is a man made Pokemon. I guess since Dialga already has Steel/Dragon typing they didn't want to reuse it.

Nash Bandicoot
May 31st, 2010, 03:55 AM
It doesn't add up, if it's an electric type why is it entirely black?
I know it's one of the versions colours but really?
I think it's fake info or the colours will be changed.

MikieJo
May 31st, 2010, 04:02 AM
Wat r dere stats hopefully dere gud but there legendarys so dey have 2 b

Townlain03
May 31st, 2010, 04:07 AM

most pokemon can be a color and not be a type of that color
there are many ways for this to happend but thatll take forever

Wat r dere stats hopefully dere gud but there legendarys so dey have 2 b

sorry but i couldn't read that the first time around
and bad grammar killed the cat

Myles
May 31st, 2010, 04:11 AM
Ugh, I don't like the sound of dragon/Electric (for Zekrom, not in general).

But if they turn out to not be dragon-type (it isn't actually confirmed, only that they're dragons, not that their dragon-type), it could be dark/Electric and than Reshiram could be Light/Flying, Normal/Flying (opposite of dark, if there's no Light-type), Light/Grass (opposite of Electric) or Nomal/Grass.

bobandbill
May 31st, 2010, 04:11 AM
I think it's fake info or the colours will be changed.Since when did black have to equal dark type? =/ (And not the first instance - look at Luxray and its dark appearance...and its lack of a dark type. Or Flygon and its bug-like appearance...and its ground-dragon typing). Not all electric types are yellow either. (Again, luxray). It being electric could come from that tail of its which is reminiscent of a jet engine, and hey, appearances can be misleading.

And again, although it's not yet 100% confirmed the source is something one would generally trust (voice actor for anime and host of Pokemon Sunday's blog - Pokemon Sunday a show where we've gotten many screenshots and bits of info about 5th gen and HGSS). And it's too late to change colours - why change them when they've been released, and wreck with the black/white colour theme as well? =/
Wat r dere stats hopefully dere gud but there legendarys so dey have 2 bI understand I believe W don't know, and will likely find out only when the games come out. (I believe we didn't even know the typings of Dialga/Palkia until D/P came out...so we're way ahead with the now, bar not knowing much at all what their role will be). But yes, it is likely they will have very good stats. =P

EDIT:Ugh, I don't like the sound of dragon/Electric.

But if they turn out to not be dragon-type (it isn't actually confirmed, only that they're dragons, not that their dragon-type), it could be dark/Electric and than Reshiram could be Light/Flying, Normal/Flying (opposite of dark, if there's no Light-type), Light/Grass (opposite of Electric) or Nomal/GrassPretty sure that it has actually been said they are Dragon types from what I have read... that's the wording serebii stated the Daisuki Club used anyways.

Am I the only one on PC who likes the typing so far? =P

Myles
May 31st, 2010, 04:24 AM
Oh, I hadn't read the Serebii.net version of that update. People's insistence on them being 100% without doubt Dragon-type is starting to make sense. From what I've read Daisuki Club only referred to them as 'legendary dragon Pokemon'. But, anyway.

Daydream
May 31st, 2010, 04:52 AM
I just saw these. o__o

And they look damn awesome. I'm at a loss so far as to which one I'd pick. D: Hopefully they'll have some interesting backstories and typings that'll help me decide ( although Dragon/Electric sounds pretty cool).

Rei Shingetsu
May 31st, 2010, 04:58 AM

And so may I ask - Why is a Pink and whitish dragon part water aka Palkia?
Why must electric be yellow, and why can't it be like, say, brown?
Hilarious how people see things, much?

myrrh25
May 31st, 2010, 05:30 AM

noo, I quite like the idea of an Electric/Dragon... Mainly because Electric is my favourite type, and the Dragon aspect will also give it the power i've always wanted out of an Electric type :3 (although Electivire is pretty strong)

Hibaru
May 31st, 2010, 05:35 AM
I would really like it if Zekrom second type is Electric! Now that's a New unique combination! haha! :D

Cynder The Bloody Angel
May 31st, 2010, 05:51 AM
they look PRETTY AWESOME =D OMFG !!!!!!!!

Natsu Dragneel
May 31st, 2010, 06:12 AM
Anyone noticed of ZekROM and ReshiRAM? ROM and RAM xD

~Drak

Anuhrima
May 31st, 2010, 06:13 AM
A dark dragon would be better imo.

Riku
May 31st, 2010, 06:45 AM
My only problem with them will be if they do indeed wind up being something like Dragon/Flying and Dragon/Electric. If that rumor is indeed very true about Zekrom, I'm not gonna be happy. The Electric typing doesn't fit the Pokemon at all. And don't say that the same can be said of Palkia or Flygon again because they indeed have some justifiable reasons for their types. Flygon was a DRAGONfly: an insect that, while having the ability to hover, could not fly like you'd expect from a Dragon. Therefore, the Ground/Dragon typing works. As for Palkia, it is covered with pink pearls. Pearls come from oysters which come from the sea. It's justifiable. Palkia also has the fins and fluidity that is associated with water. It works. The Shinx line also is fitting of its type. It has yellow on each of them somewhere, plus they retain that spikiness feature that is typically associated with the Electric type (like the Shuriken tails). For Zekrom, there is no rigidity save for the point on its tail. It's all fluid and flowy. The black monochrome color scheme isn't indicative at all of Electric, either. Usually it's distinctive features or colors or the type of creature that associates the Pokemon and type together, but none of those are the case here. About the only thing about Zekrom that could make the Electric thing work is its jet turbine tail, but even that could be twisted. It could also indicate Flying and Fire, too. Pretty much anything that can generate energy can be associated with that feature, so that basis is kinda meh. Then again, this is all still a rumor, but I just really wanted to voice my opinion on the matter.

ThePinkDragon
May 31st, 2010, 06:51 AM
My only problem with them will be if they do indeed wind up being something like Dragon/Flying and Dragon/Electric. If that rumor is indeed very true about Zekrom, I'm not gonna be happy. The Electric typing doesn't fit the Pokemon at all. And don't say that the same can be said of Palkia or Flygon again because they indeed have some justifiable reasons for their types. Flygon was a DRAGONfly: an insect that, while having the ability to hover, could not fly like you'd expect from a Dragon. Therefore, the Ground/Dragon typing works. As for Palkia, it is covered with pink pearls. Pearls come from oysters which come from the sea. It's justifiable. Palkia also has the fins and fluidity that is associated with water. It works. The Shinx line also is fitting of its type. It has yellow on each of them somewhere, plus they retain that spikiness feature that is typically associated with the Electric type (like the Shuriken tails). For Zekrom, there is no rigidity save for the point on its tail. It's all fluid and flowy. The black monochrome color scheme isn't indicative at all of Electric, either. Usually it's distinctive features or colors or the type of creature that associates the Pokemon and type together, but none of those are the case here. About the only thing about Zekrom that could make the Electric thing work is its jet turbine tail, but even that could be twisted. It could also indicate Flying and Fire, too. Pretty much anything that can generate energy can be associated with that feature, so that basis is kinda meh. Then again, this is all still a rumor, but I just really wanted to voice my opinion on the matter.

I have an issue with the bolded text.

What about Mareep and Flaaffy? What about Voltorb and Electrode?

I don't find any of those to be spiky and they are pure Electric. So I think it's totally feasible for Zekrom to be a Dragon/Electric. But like you said, it's only a rumor.

Riku
May 31st, 2010, 06:58 AM
I said typically. Also, I said that it is also often associated with what the Pokemon is based upon. The Mareep line, with the exception of Ampharos, is based upon sheep. Sheep -> Wool -> Fleece -> Notoriety for static shocks. Voltorb has been heavily hinted at to be the result of something happening to a Pokeball, an electronic device. I never said that the criteria fits every Pokemon of the types, but they all at least have something in common with their typing, as I said. Whether it be coloring, features, or whatever they're based upon. The only ones I can think of that really can't be justified are the Normal Types, but since most normal types have neutral color schemes, and neutral is often synonymous with normal or blankness, it fits them. To a degree. I'm not dissing an Electric/Dragon, but Zekrom shouldn't be the one in my opinion to be that Pokemon.

miltankRancher
May 31st, 2010, 07:20 AM
most epic legendary of all time. this certainly defeats Arceus. <in your face, god-pokemon!) best. ifellinlove/10

Astinus
May 31st, 2010, 07:30 AM
I never said that the criteria fits every Pokemon of the types, but they all at least have something in common with their typing, as I said. Whether it be coloring, features, or whatever they're based upon. The only ones I can think of that really can't be justified are the Normal Types, but since most normal types have neutral color schemes, and neutral is often synonymous with normal or blankness, it fits them.
There are exceptions to every type casting. For instance, with the "Normal-types have a neutral colour scheme", Jigglypuff is a Normal-type, but its color scheme is bright pink. Same with Porygon, who's a good shade of red and blue. There will always be exceptions to the rules of Pokemon designs. Why can't Zekrom be another Pokemon who is a type that no one expects it to be?

Besides, as others have said, Zekrom has a tail that looks like a jet engine. Which could mark it as an Electric-type, as you said. Right now, it's not confirmed, so we could be giving our opinions on something that's not going to happen.

That said...

It doesn't bother me, though I guess that's because Electric is one of my favorite types.

The Doctor
May 31st, 2010, 07:32 AM
Except That The Two New Legendaries Are PURE DRAGON TYPE!

JP
May 31st, 2010, 07:33 AM
People really shouldn't say Dragon/Electric doesn't suit the Pokemon. From an aesthetic point of view, that may be true. But the thing about this is that we have absolutely no idea what the back story to these legendaries is. As someone else mentioned, the idea of this Pokemon being a man-made legendary would make sense with its typing and it's whole mechanical, dark look. I'm sure the typing will make a lot more sense once we gain knowledge of what the back-story is on these two creatures.

I would have preferred Dragon/Dark, but I'm pleased that it may be Dragon/Electric. Definitely an interesting typing.

Lopnis
May 31st, 2010, 07:38 AM
They look cool bet the black ones Dragon/Dark and the white one will be Dragon/some new type probably light

ThePinkDragon
May 31st, 2010, 07:44 AM

If you state it like a fact then back it up, dear. :)

Spikey-Eared Pichu
May 31st, 2010, 07:52 AM
Boo =( No Dragon/Electric! Zekrom looks too damn cool and black to be Electric! Why the hell do they have to have the Dragon-subtype anyways? I'd be perfectly happy with an Electric/Dark zekrom, but nooooo GameFreak has to go and make more Dragon-legendaries!

Riku
May 31st, 2010, 07:56 AM
You know... JP, you actually just made me think on how it could indeed work. Considering how much more technologically advanced the Isshu Region seems to be, and considering that the names are, as many have pointed out, ROM/RAM, I guess Electric could work. I just wish that aesthetically it looked more the part. But, as you guys said, it's all speculation still.

billi1000
May 31st, 2010, 07:59 AM
To be honest, it seems to make sense that Zekrom might be a part Electric-Type. To me that explains the jet engine / generatior tail as I just couldn't understand what Nintendo was up to with those retro tail designs. As well, Zekrom definitely seems like a dark type primarily because of its colour and intimidating look, but taking a closer look shows that its patched with armour plates all over and seems very bionic and robotic.

Anyways, if the tail is what decides the type, then Reshiram might also end up being part Fire-Type since it's tail represents a torch.

Yamikarasu
May 31st, 2010, 08:32 AM
Electric? That's disappointing. It really seemed like it would be a Dark type. Oh well. That could definitely explain the generator thing on its tail.

Myles
May 31st, 2010, 08:39 AM
I wanted Zekrom to be part-dark, which is why I'm not fond of it being dragon/Electric. But if it is dragon/Electric, then I guess the only logical conclusion is for Reshiram to be dragon/Grass, because:

1. The way... whoever that was, put it made it obvious Reshiram isn't going to be Electric.
2. Grass is the opposite of Electric when you think of it as Electric = technology and Grass = naturalism.
3. It just fits.

ROM/RAM

Only problem is the RAM is most likely not going to be Electric.

MistahDude
May 31st, 2010, 08:48 AM
According to Serebii the host of Pokemon Sunday said she loves electric types and with that would love to voice Zekrom. This post was then removed from her blog minutes afterward.

It would be cool for Zekrom to be Electric Dragon! It would also fit because His name means Black Read Only Memory.

Do you guys want a Dragon Electric type?

Bluerang1
May 31st, 2010, 08:50 AM
Electric/Dragon is pretty cool, and makes sense. It's the industrial thing people are talking about. Though Grass/Dragon Reshiram, I'm not fond off. Makes sense though.

Lancelot-sama!
May 31st, 2010, 09:09 AM
Actually once I thought about it for a second it wouldn't be a bad idea really. I mean it would male some sense that the Isshu region that seems to have large cities would have a legendary electric type dragon. Perhaps maybe (IF electric is Zekrom's second type) Zekrom would be involved in some sort power or energy issue (lol) throughout the region. I don't know if it's possible but you know you WOULD need a lot of power for large cities.

In other words I'd like to see this type combo for zekrom come true, and if not it'll still be a cool pokemon.

BleuVII
May 31st, 2010, 09:13 AM
Well, this may dispel the Dark/Light rumors, if it is confirmed, but it gives hope for one more thing. If Zekrom is Electric/Dragon, do you think that Reshiram might FINALLY give us the Fire/Dragon combo people have been looking for?! Electric and Fire have no type advantage over one another, and Reshiram's tail DOES look like a torch. Here's hoping.

GoldvsRed
May 31st, 2010, 09:25 AM
Dragon/Electric-Type... It's not what we were expecting, but remember Palkia? We all WTF'd when we found at that it was a Water-Type! It doesn't look very suiting, but it's an awesome Type combination. Hopefully it'll learn Zap Cannon!

.Eevee-Chan
May 31st, 2010, 09:26 AM
That's a rumor. First I thought it would be odd but now that I think about it, it would be nice and unique.
I could see it as an electric type.

Setosama
May 31st, 2010, 09:28 AM
Hm......... There's nothing about Zekrom that screams electric type to me.

Hell, if he IS an electric type, he'd be THE FIRST ONE of breaking the trend of Electric pokemon being yellow or at having yellow on them. As of right now, only Chinchou, Lanturn, Electrike, Manetric, Shinx, Luxio, and Luxray are the ONLY electric pokemon that fall under that second category

Rapide
May 31st, 2010, 09:29 AM
Has anyone noticed that Reshiram's (spell check?) head looks like Suicune's?

Setosama
May 31st, 2010, 09:33 AM
Naw, I doubt it, HIGHLY. AS I stated in the other thread about this, Zekrom IS NOT YELLOW, nor does he have yellow ANYWHERE on his body. All electric pokemon are yellow or have yellow highlights.

Zapdos and Raikou are both IN YOUR FACE with yellow, and Rotom has a yellow arua with lightning bolts underneath it. it is HIGHLY unlikely Zekrom is gonna be an elecrtic type.

GoldvsRed
May 31st, 2010, 09:33 AM
Has anyone noticed that Reshiram's (spell check?) head looks like Suicune's?

I thought it look more like a Pidgeot. Well, only the mane does. The face looks like Lucario.

Neurotripsy
May 31st, 2010, 09:34 AM
Hmm, not really that impressed... ;A; The black one's okay though, I'll probably pick that.

Setosama
May 31st, 2010, 09:34 AM
I thought it look more like a Pidgeot. Well, only the mane does. The face looks like Lucario.

The face is dog-like. that's one of the first things I noticed.

MistahDude
May 31st, 2010, 09:36 AM

Hell, if he IS an electric type, he'd be THE FIRST ONE of breaking the trend of Electric pokemon being yellow or at having yellow on them. As of right now, only Chinchou, Lanturn, Electrike, Manetric, Shinx, Luxio, and Luxray are the ONLY electric pokemon that fall under that second category

The big gyro thing on its tail...

GoldvsRed
May 31st, 2010, 09:38 AM
Naw, I doubt it, HIGHLY. AS I stated in the other thread about this, Zekrom IS NOT YELLOW, nor does he have yellow ANYWHERE on his body. All electric pokemon are yellow or have yellow highlights.

Zapdos and Raikou are both IN YOUR FACE with yellow, and Rotom has a yellow arua with lightning bolts underneath it. it is HIGHLY unlikely Zekrom is gonna be an elecrtic type.

Rotom doesn't have yellow anywhere on it, the closest it comes is the orange-ish aura on its Shiny form. The only one of the Magnemite line with yellow on it is Magnezone, and that's only its tiny little antennae thing. Also, Voltorb and Electrode.

Taichi
May 31st, 2010, 09:42 AM

No, Zekrom wouldn't be the first.
Voltorb, Electrode, Magnimite, and Magneton have no yellow on them.

Setosama
May 31st, 2010, 09:42 AM
The big gyro thing on its tail...

I can understand why the might point people in the direction, but I'm still not buying it.

Dark and Light make WAY better sense in my opinion. If it IS electric though... 2 things:

1. What the hell would Reshirams plot in white be? power thing in Black I can somewhat understand... but Grass on Reshiram makes NO sense at all and fire brings to question, are areas going to be different? If indeed zekrom IS electric and the area in the pic above is where it is found.

2. Watch the SHINY version of zekrom be yellow since regular zekrom CERTAINLY isn't.

No, Zekrom wouldn't be the first.
Voltorb, Electrode, Magnimite, and Magneton have no yellow on them.

forgot about them... but voltorb and electrode are like Pokeballs and Magnemite family has magnets...

I'm still not believing that thing is an electric type when 2 electric legendaries before him where in your face with yellow.

Setosama
May 31st, 2010, 09:56 AM
Rotom doesn't have yellow anywhere on it, the closest it comes is the orange-ish aura on its Shiny form. The only one of the Magnemite line with yellow on it is Magnezone, and that's only its tiny little antennae thing. Also, Voltorb and Electrode.

oh that WAS the shiny one. either way. it SILL has the bolts beneath it.

Voltorb and Electrode are KNOWN for blowing themselves up... As of right now... They are really the only 2 electric pokemon (at least in the anime) who don't make much sense....

Actually, voltorb is kinduva joke pokemon really. you pick it up thinking it's a pokemon and then it explodes right in your face.

Still though. The comment was removed. There could be SEVERAL reasons for this! serebii has also stated this and has also stated a few. And, as good as their source may be, the statement could have been somewhat mistranslated. We're only human. We all make mistakes.

3dd13
May 31st, 2010, 09:58 AM
being they are in charge of making it, its a possibility that it can be whatever types they want. im hoping for the light/dark, and maby it is a possibility, that they can learn electric type moves, or electricity may tie in to a new pokepower or part of the storyline even.

musesum626
May 31st, 2010, 09:59 AM
I can kind of see why it would be Electric, but it makes much more sense for it to be Dark. (Either way we'd have a unique typing) Then again, it is the legendary for Pokemon White, and electricity is very bright, so maybe that's why? But then Reshiram would have to be Dark o_0

I should just try not to speculate about this and wait for confirmed information.

Horizon
May 31st, 2010, 10:00 AM

They're part Dragon, not pure.

Eternal Nightmare
May 31st, 2010, 10:04 AM
Actually once I thought about it for a second it wouldn't be a bad idea really. I mean it would male some sense that the Isshu region that seems to have large cities would have a legendary electric type dragon. Perhaps maybe (IF electric is Zekrom's second type) Zekrom would be involved in some sort power or energy issue (lol) throughout the region. I don't know if it's possible but you know you WOULD need a lot of power for large cities.

In other words I'd like to see this type combo for zekrom come true, and if not it'll still be a cool pokemon.

Thank you I agree so wholeheartly with this statement. People have been paying to much attention to its body color instead of the region its found in. Since Isshu is more industrialized it would make sense that these two legendaries have something to do with industrilization. Still this is just a rumor but I don't rule out the possibility it being electric. I mean come one its tail looks like a freakin generator for cryin out loud!

560cool.
May 31st, 2010, 10:08 AM
Haha, yeah, I also read that on Serebii seconds ago.
I just think she was goofy and it slipped. Like those recent iDevice leaks, accidental stuff that reveal more info to the public.
But I'll love him to be Dragon-Electric ! Any new type combo is welcome ! ^^

JP
May 31st, 2010, 10:22 AM
I can kind of see why it would be Electric, but it makes much more sense for it to be Dark. (Either way we'd have a unique typing) Then again, it is the legendary for Pokemon White, and electricity is very bright, so maybe that's why? But then Reshiram would have to be Dark o_0

I should just try not to speculate about this and wait for confirmed information.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Since they're probably opposites of each other, maybe the whole Dragon/Electric type might be the offset of a Dragon/Dark type. Perhaps a fire type as people have speculated. It would seem that basing types from color schemes this time around might not be the best way to go about things, especially if this rumor is true.

Setosama
May 31st, 2010, 10:22 AM
He looks like a robot. Robots are electronic. Electricity can be blue. Zekrom has some blue in his design. It doesn't necessarily have to be yellow to be electric. Have you ever seen lightning? Lightning has tints of blue in it.

http://www.windsun.com/pictures/Lightning1.jpg

Reshiram has a possibility of being part fire seeing as there is a torch for its tail. Maybe it controls volcanoes or actual fire.

The reasons why the legendaries for Black and White could be fire and electric:

Fire--you light a candle to see in the dark. It's light in darkness.

Electricity--you turn on a lamp when it's dark. It's also light in darkness.

Therefore, Fire and Electricity tie into the light/dark aspect. Both create light when there is darkness. It doesn't have to be so literal and be part light and part dark types. The legendaries could be part fire and part electric and still convey the same message. The titles make sense, because Black represents dark and white represents light.

Also, with fire and electricity, not only can they bring light, they can cause darkness as well. If you use too much electricity, it causes power outages (like the one in Sunyshore). Without power, you're in darkness. Fire also creates smoke. You can't see when there is smoke and ash. Therefore, there is darkness.

Fire and electricity control light and dark. Therefore everything I've said makes sense for the legendaries to be part fire and electric.

The blue is the lighting on zekrom's smooth black/dark grey body. There's not even ANY blue in its eyes! It's eyes are red and its iris is green with a black pupil.

Either way, there is OBVIOUSLY some reason why they are keeping their second types extremely secret.

Personally, I think it's just to piss us all off. :D

Also, on a side note. Who here expected Groudon to be a Fire-Type pokemon the first time they saw him?

SIN1488
May 31st, 2010, 10:37 AM
I think I figured it out you guys..... Zekrom is definitely part electric, because his tail is one of those things you plug into a cigarette lighter to charge! So we can be sure at some point in the game he will plug his tail into a giant cigarette lighter and steal all the energy from the city! :O

Just kidding, but I like the idea that he may be electric. It would make a lot of sense with the whole computer thing (RAM, ROM). And I like how someone pointed out the cave with the blue electricity everywhere, this would also make sense with it. And I'm not completely sure, but I think the color of electricity depends on it's charge.

Mew~
May 31st, 2010, 10:43 AM
Lol I find it funny how the guy quickly deleted the post LOL I bet his boss told him off or somthing XDXD

I think it could since it has that big jet thing as its tail, like those things on airoplanes.
The first time I saw it I thought it might be a steel type though :\

SIN1488
May 31st, 2010, 10:49 AM
I kind of think Reshiram is going to be Dragon/Flying, which would be lame. But hopefully looks can be deceiving this time.....

Eternal Nightmare
May 31st, 2010, 10:54 AM
Lol I find it funny how the guy quickly deleted th.e post LOL I bet his boss told him off or somthing XDXD

I think it could since it has that big jet thing as its tail, like those things on airoplanes.
The first time I saw it I thought it might be a steel type though :\

This "guy" you are talking about is actually a woman <_<.

Crap I forgot to quote some who mentioned Groudon. Anyway, yeah I thought Groudon would be a fire type instead of ground. Good thing it can learn fire type moves.

BryFy354
May 31st, 2010, 10:57 AM

.....There's nothing about Flygon or Garchomp that screams Ground-type but they are. Flygon has the WINGS, eyes, and antennae of a bug and is bright green. Garchomp is a frickin hammerhead shark, yet they're both Ground because that's just a part of their OVERALL design and they were intended that way. Oh, and the connection with the cave seems logical.

Co500
May 31st, 2010, 11:07 AM
I think she knows it's part electric, but she hurried up and removed it, because she remembered that no one is supposed to know.

After reading that, I wondered if this is the location where Zekrom may be found. http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g147/KartWheelyGirl/Zekromlocationperhaps.png It's a possibility. It could just be a random cave, but I think there's a chance Zekrom's location is here. Zekrom has some blue in his design, and the electricity in this picture is blue. He also seems to have a robotic look. Robots are electronic. It makes sense for him to be part electric.
oh you beat me to it :D yeah i think that too i like the electromagnet theme

blueguy
May 31st, 2010, 11:49 AM
Hmmm... That typing seems completely wrong.

Haza
May 31st, 2010, 12:10 PM
for those who are saying that it just might be true, and see the blues reflecting off of it's body, as much as I'd hate this I have a theory. Reshiram also has reds reflecting from it's white body. And it's head and tail look like fire. This could still relate to Naturalization and Industrialization. Fire = NATURAL LIGHT, Electricity = Unnatural Light, for the most part anyway.

Haza
May 31st, 2010, 12:15 PM
For some reason, I am no longer excited about them anymore... I got my hopes up I guess.

billi1000
May 31st, 2010, 12:31 PM
The Electric/Dragon typing is a new typing, Zekrom would be the first Pokemon of them all to hold it. When competative is a concern, this typing is an OK typing holding 7 resistances at the cost of 3 weaknesses. It's not a very efficient combination since it didn't serve to cancel out any weeknesses, and on the good side no weaknesses actually stacked to make a devastating 4X weakness.

But, I actually like this typing since I think we should have more electric type legendaries and it would be nice to see what a legend of that type will be capable of. As for Reshiram, if Zekrom ended up being half-electric type, then it looks like the whole light-type theory will be forgotten, although it may still be plausible. Reshiram to me looks like a Dragon/Fire type with levitate. Maybe their roles would be for Reshiram to "light the sky" and Zekrom to "light the city".

Kirbychu
May 31st, 2010, 12:40 PM
Well, this may dispel the Dark/Light rumors
http://mamrie.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/cat-saying-hooray.jpghttp://mamrie.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/cat-saying-hooray.jpg]

This was quite the surprise. I expected Zekrom to be dark, and the other one to be Psychic/Electric. I can't wait to get more info.

MistahDude
May 31st, 2010, 12:46 PM
The blue is the lighting on zekrom's smooth black/dark grey body. There's not even ANY blue in its eyes! It's eyes are red and its iris is green with a black pupil.

Either way, there is OBVIOUSLY some reason why they are keeping their second types extremely secret.

Personally, I think it's just to piss us all off. :D

Also, on a side note. Who here expected Groudon to be a Fire-Type pokemon the first time they saw him?

Since when did a pokemon have to be a certain color to be a certain type?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
May 31st, 2010, 12:49 PM
I hope that we do get a Dragon/electric legendary...than that turbine on Zekrom's back might be a electric generator...makes sense...

~Wind~
May 31st, 2010, 12:49 PM
I think she missenterpeted it and just deleted it because she got the typing wrong and didnt want to confuse anyone.
Anyway, Zekrom looks more steel or dark than it does electric. :/

Originally Posted by BryFry354 http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/templates/foreverstanding/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5844052#post5844052)
There's nothing about Flygon or Garchomp that screams Ground-type but they are. Flygon has the WINGS, eyes, and antennae of a bug and is bright green. Garchomp is a frickin hammerhead shark, yet they're both Ground because that's just a part of their OVERALL design and they were intended that way.actually, the red eye covers on flygon and his body shape point to the fact that he is designed to withstand sandstorms, and, since theres no sand type, the next best thing is ground.
And Garchomp has that feel too, and also he has the type of "ground type" yellow colourisation on him, also there's thier movepools.

MistahDude
May 31st, 2010, 12:51 PM
I think the third legendary in Pokemon Gray will be Dark type. Fire and Electricity both create light, and Darkness would end them.

So Fire/Dragon, Electric/Dragon and Dark/Dragon. This would be three new types combos!

MistahDude
May 31st, 2010, 12:55 PM
This is from Pokebeach:
"Reshiram's name comes from "shiro," which means "white" in Japanese, whereas Zekrom's comes from "kuro," which means "black." But as it turns out, the names also originate from the Japanese words "shiramu" and "kuromu," which mean "to grow light" and "to grow dark." Specifically, these words are used to refer to the sky becoming light and dark. Like we pointed out a few weeks ago, "hiun" in Hiun City's name can mean "clouds being blown by the wind." In addition to this, the bridge connected to Hiun City is named "Sky Arrow Bridge." So, we obviously have a sky theme going on in these two games in addition to the possible lightening or darkening of it. Thanks goes to Yaminokame for researching these name meanings.
What do these tidbits and the names of the Legendary Pokemon tell us about Black and White's plot? This is just speculation, but perhaps the games will involve a story related to making the sky night or day, similar to the whole land and ocean dichotomy in Ruby and Sapphire."

Psydragon
May 31st, 2010, 12:56 PM
And I'm not completely sure, but I think the color of electricity depends on it's charge.

That idea makes you think. One could be negative charge and the other positive charge. negative=evil, positive=good. evil=black, good= white.
I highly doubt both would be electric though, but you never know.

.....There's nothing about Flygon or Garchomp that screams Ground-type but they are. Flygon has the WINGS, eyes, and antennae of a bug and is bright green. Garchomp is a frickin hammerhead shark, yet they're both Ground because that's just a part of their OVERALL design and they were intended that way. Oh, and the connection with the cave seems logical.
On a side note, what is up with Flygon's evoloution chain ? Garchomp makes sense. Gible and Gabite look like mini Garchomps. Vibrava looks like a mini Flygon, but what in the world is trapinch ? It looks like it would turn into a Mawile. Even Yanma would have been a more sensible pre-evolutionary form than Trapinch is. They could have kept the whole dragonfly thing going.

MistahDude
May 31st, 2010, 12:58 PM
Dragon/Fire and Dragon/Electric legendaries seem very possible for Black and White. According to wikipedia, "lightning can also occur within the ash clouds from volcanic eruptions, or can be caused by violent forest fires which generate sufficient dust to create a static charge."

http://bennettcarnahan.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/lightning-volcano2.jpg

This is a combination of fire and electricity taking place at the same time. Light is the electricity. Darkness is from the smoke caused by the fire. Notice the colors? (White and Black.)

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g147/KartWheelyGirl/ZekromvsReshiram.png

If you place the Pokemon onto the background, it seems like a very plausible idea.

This is from Pokebeach:
"Reshiram's name comes from "shiro," which means "white" in Japanese, whereas Zekrom's comes from "kuro," which means "black." But as it turns out, the names also originate from the Japanese words "shiramu" and "kuromu," which mean "to grow light" and "to grow dark." Specifically, these words are used to refer to the sky becoming light and dark. Like we pointed out a few weeks ago, "hiun" in Hiun City's name can mean "clouds being blown by the wind." In addition to this, the bridge connected to Hiun City is named "Sky Arrow Bridge." So, we obviously have a sky theme going on in these two games in addition to the possible lightening or darkening of it.

What do these tidbits and the names of the Legendary Pokemon tell us about Black and White's plot? This is just speculation, but perhaps the games will involve a story related to making the sky night or day, similar to the whole land and ocean dichotomy in Ruby and Sapphire.

On Pokebeach they also theorized that Zekrom's tail could be a night generator.

This makes the Electric/Dragon and Fire/Dragon theory even more realistic because there is a sky theme going on already, and Fire and Electricity can each cause light, darkness, and problems with the sky.

musesum626
May 31st, 2010, 01:02 PM
He looks like a robot. Robots are electronic. Electricity can be blue. Zekrom has some blue in his design. It doesn't necessarily have to be yellow to be electric. Have you ever seen lightning? Lightning has tints of blue in it.

Reshiram has a possibility of being part fire seeing as there is a torch for its tail. Maybe it controls volcanoes or actual fire.

Therefore, Fire and Electricity tie into the light/dark aspect. Both create light when there is darkness. It doesn't have to be so literal and be part light and part dark types. The legendaries could be part fire and part electric and still convey the same message. The titles make sense, because Black represents dark and white represents light.

Also, with fire and electricity, not only can they bring light, they can cause darkness as well. If you use too much electricity, it causes power outages (like the one in Sunyshore). Without power, you're in darkness. Fire also creates smoke. You can't see when there is smoke and ash. Therefore, there is darkness.

Fire and electricity control light and dark. Therefore everything I've said makes sense for the legendaries to be part fire and electric.

It's possible that the evil organization(s) in this game are looking to harness the legendary powers for their own advantage. It could be a battle between light and darkness using fire and electricity.

That's probably why the protagonists are older. 10 year olds shouldn't be messing with fire or electricity. It also explains the boots and the shoes they are wearing. Hiun city is an industrial city that uses a lot of electricity and fire. I think I figured it all out.

Wow you've put a lot of thought into this. I love the idea! (And it would make up for my false hope for a Light type) It makes complete sense, and this way we would finally have an Electric Dragon and a Fire Dragon. As someone else pointed out, Reshiram has red highlights and Zekrom has blue highlights. I also noticed Zekrom has red and yellow eyes (fire) while Reshiram has blue eyes (electricity), to balance out the colors for the whole yin-yang thing they've got going on. Then, as you said, there's the torch tail and....electrical generator tail.

JakeClowd
May 31st, 2010, 01:19 PM
Reshiram / Zekrom

O.k. Here's what we know:

• There are two legendaries announced
• They are black and white
• They reside in a region with large cities
• A voice actor for the 13th pokemon movie blogged that she likes electric pokemon and would love to voice Zekrom. Therefore, implying that Zekrom is part electric.

The question is, What purpose will the new legendaries have in the new generation?

In Gen. 4, they had legendaries that created all space and time!
What Could Possibly Top That?

Now, Taking into account the big cities, electric type, and strange turbine tail, I'm thinking region wide energy crisis (sound familiar).
But, if that is what we guess about Zekrom, what about Reshiram.
One other thing I don't think anyone has noticed:
The suffixes - ROM & RAM - respectively could stand for the data terms - Read Only Memory & Random Access Memory - prehaps pertaining to the digital age???

Love to hear your thoughts.

GreyShadow
May 31st, 2010, 01:21 PM
I think an Electric/Dragon would be cool but I would rather see Zekrom as a Dark/Dragon. I hope this isn't leading onto the fact that Zekrom could be Electric. But honostly I don't know what to expect.

Manganum
May 31st, 2010, 01:51 PM
... I think we may be overspeculating here. I mean really. You guys are theorizing that Reshiram and Zekrom must be electric and fire because a certain charge in volcanic ash can create lightning. Don't you think the company would base the legendaries on something less... Obscure? Maybe it's just me, but that aside, I would still love to see an electric-dragon/fire-dragon pairing.

myrrh25
May 31st, 2010, 01:56 PM
Rotom doesn't have yellow anywhere on it, the closest it comes is the orange-ish aura on its Shiny form.

Not true, Fan-form Rotom is yellow. :)

Powerflare
May 31st, 2010, 02:02 PM
Both of these Pokémon look amazing! I am definitely gonna get both games. They aren't way over the top like the 4th generation's legends (especially Arceus, though it wasn't a mascot, but come on! The GOD OF POKéMON!? That's just... nevermind). I like Zekrom a lot, but I like Reshiram too. Zekrom doesn't look like an Electric-type, though, but it'd be wicked-cool if it was!!

dieter57
May 31st, 2010, 02:08 PM

uggggggg..

magnimite? magniton? electrode? voltorb? flaffy? do any of them have yellow?

and rotom is red and blue. color has nothing to do with type. at all.

dieter57
May 31st, 2010, 02:21 PM
i dislike the electric/dragon and fire/dragon. i really do.

i was really pulling for a light type. but all this new speculation dashes my hopes away.........

Åzurε
May 31st, 2010, 02:28 PM
uggggggg..

Flaaffy evolves from and into something yellow, and has a lightbulb on it's tail. Magnemite/tron look mechanical and have MAGNETS, and Voltorb looks like a Pokeball. Color is significant, but so is design.

Hey, guess what? 493+7*=500. Somebody get a big cake!

*-That's Pokabu, Mijumaru, Tsutaja, Zoroark, Zorua, Reshiram, and Zekrom.

dieter57
May 31st, 2010, 02:33 PM
but i was talking about COLOR not shape, form, evolution, ect. just color. is there even a specific color for dragon types? no.

all I'm saying is that types are not depended upon color.

Crysta Blade
May 31st, 2010, 02:36 PM
Well, Electric would add credence to the whole "nature vs. tech" idea being thrown around.

*Firestar*
May 31st, 2010, 02:40 PM
I agree with the new speculation 100%. It all makes sense now people have made it all clear. Electric/Dragon and Fire/Dragon would be great new type combos as well. For those who connot see the blue on Zekrom, look closer. They are there. I wont repeat what people have said because people don't want to read the same stuff over and over again. On a side note, as excited as I am about the new games, the new legendaries do live up to my expectations. I do not like their designs.

May 31st, 2010, 02:43 PM
Flaaffy evolves from and into something yellow, and has a lightbulb on it's tail. Magnemite/tron look mechanical and have MAGNETS, and Voltorb looks like a Pokeball. Color is significant, but so is design.

Hey, guess what? 493+7*=500. Somebody get a big cake!

*-That's Pokabu, Mijumaru, Tsutaja, Zoroark, Zorua, Reshiram, and Zekrom.
Add the evo's of the starters (which we have yet to see) to the 500 and you get 506 so we most definitely have 13 new Pokemon!
The color does play a big part in type but not always... I always saw dragon as blue...there's Dialga, Bagon, Dragonair, Salamence, Altaria,ect. but not all are blue though... water is almost always light blue,fire is orange, Electric is Yellow,orange/red, and blue. Ground is brown,grey,ect. Dark has Black,grey,ect. you ge the point.

dieter57
May 31st, 2010, 02:49 PM
but no one type is limited to one color.

if you go by colors them octilary should be fire, wobofet should be water, and rayquaza should be grass.

once again, any type can be any color.

Archmaster
May 31st, 2010, 03:32 PM
Zekrom looks awesome, so I think I'll get Black.

PalkiaSpace
May 31st, 2010, 03:36 PM
Hmmm... That typing seems completely wrong.

Yeah... Makes no sence to me.

ThePinkDragon
May 31st, 2010, 03:39 PM
Zekrom looks awesome, so I think I'll get Black.

I believe Zekrom is the legendary for Pokemon White.

Zoroark-Nightmare
May 31st, 2010, 03:40 PM
Haha, yeah, I also read that on Serebii seconds ago.
I just think she was goofy and it slipped. Like those recent iDevice leaks, accidental stuff that reveal more info to the public.
But I'll love him to be Dragon-Electric ! Any new type combo is welcome ! ^^

Agreed! I'd like it to be electric-dragon (vice versa).
It'd be cool

Timbjerr
May 31st, 2010, 04:07 PM
hahah...after I read the article on Serebii this morning, I spent the whole day at work thinking over what implications this may have on Reshiram's and Zekrom's roles in the game and in nature. The best I came up with is since Zekrom is now ostensibly an Electric/Dragon, he represents modernization and industry. Following that logic, I theorized that Reshiram would represent primacy and nature. To this end, I theorized that Reshiram would be a Grass/Dragon or Bug/Dragon, but nothing of his design supports either of those options. XD

I come on PC and see Sweet Smoochum's Fire/Dragon Reshiram theory and I slap myself silly for not seeing it sooner. XD

Esper
May 31st, 2010, 04:15 PM
If we're going with the natural/industrial thing shouldn't we consider a Normal typing for Reshiram? I mean, Normal is what represents some of the plainer, one might argue, more natural looking Pokemon.

Masterge77
May 31st, 2010, 04:17 PM
I do not understand him being an Electric, I already do not understand Lucario being a Steel type, along with Palkia being Water type

I think she knows it's part electric, but she hurried up and removed it, because she remembered that no one is supposed to know.

After reading that, I wondered if this is the location where Zekrom may be found. http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g147/KartWheelyGirl/Zekromlocationperhaps.png It's a possibility. It could just be a random cave, but I think there's a chance Zekrom's location is here. Zekrom has some blue in his design, and the electricity in this picture is blue. He also seems to have a robotic look. Robots are electronic. It makes sense for him to be part electric.

Well, Zekroms location would have to involve the plot with "Team X" (placeholder name until the actuall name is revealed) summoning him to do their evil bidding

Electricity can be blue. Zekrom has some blue in his design. It doesn't necessarily have to be yellow to be electric. Have you ever seen lightning? Lightning has tints of blue in it.

Manetric is blue, and he is Electric type, so there.....

[/quote]Reshiram has a possibility of being part fire seeing as there is a torch for its tail. Maybe it controls volcanoes or actual fire. [/quote]

The slot for a volcano legeendary has already been taken by Heatran >:)

That's probably why the protagonists are older. 10 year olds shouldn't be messing with fire or electricity. It also explains the boots and the shoes they are wearing. Hiun city is an industrial city that uses a lot of electricity and fire. I think I figured it all out.

Then tell me, how in the world does that explains how someone who is 10 years old can own something like CHARIZARD OR RAICHU!?

Conan Edogawa
May 31st, 2010, 04:20 PM
... I think we may be overspeculating here. I mean really. You guys are theorizing that Reshiram and Zekrom must be electric and fire because a certain charge in volcanic ash can create lightning. Don't you think the company would base the legendaries on something less... Obscure? Maybe it's just me, but that aside, I would still love to see an electric-dragon/fire-dragon pairing.

I completely agree. And I doubt the highlights were put into the artwork to give away a second type for each. And after reading the pokebeach paragraph earlier I'm more convinced of a light type. Going with the speculation that these games will have a darker story due to the older protagonists I don't see them as electric. Dark vs light is much more closely related to life vs death, and seems more appropriate for the expected apocalyptic story.

MistahDude
May 31st, 2010, 05:06 PM
I completely agree. And I doubt the highlights were put into the artwork to give away a second type for each. And after reading the pokebeach paragraph earlier I'm more convinced of a light type. Going with the speculation that these games will have a darker story due to the older protagonists I don't see them as electric. Dark vs light is much more closely related to life vs death, and seems more appropriate for the expected apocalyptic story.

I think its just something sky related.

Storm_has_formed
May 31st, 2010, 05:24 PM
sky theme sounds like an awesome idea! Sweet Smoochum you really presented your points well there, and made it believable

BleuVII
May 31st, 2010, 05:41 PM
I come on PC and see Sweet Smoochum's Fire/Dragon Reshiram theory and I slap myself silly for not seeing it sooner. XD

Hey! I posted that idea first! :'( Sweet Smoochum just... made it sound plausible.

cystar
May 31st, 2010, 05:46 PM
that would be ill electic/dragon def get that

Satoshi_poketo monsta
May 31st, 2010, 05:54 PM
So Zekrom really is an Electric type huh? Obvious...

Eternal Nightmare
May 31st, 2010, 06:01 PM
I'm going to agree with Sweet Smoochum here the idea of electric dragon and fire dragon seem real plausible considering the points and observations made.

Also like Timbjerr, the idea of industry for these legends have always been a thought for me considering the technological advances of the Isshu region. Its far to obvious by the tail resembling a generator in my opinion.

Random: I like Smoochums :3 <3. They are indeed sweet.

Hiroshi Sotomura
May 31st, 2010, 06:13 PM
You could suggest the existence of a fight between light and darkness. Perhaps, as stereotyped as such a theory sounds, a third game would delve into that.

Given the seemingly strange "role reversal" where Reshiram is in Black and Zekrom is in White, I wholly expect that their presence in the game will have something to do with a "light and darkness" theme. Their Their creation could still just revolve around Arceus, though.

Thunder and smoke, though? Maybe thunder, but I debate the idea that "smoke" has anything to do with Reshiram.

Eternal Nightmare
May 31st, 2010, 06:28 PM
Like I have said before I have some agreement on both the legendaries typings because of there tails as well. Maybe Gamefreak was being crafty this time so they didn't want to reveal the second type yet. They wanted fans to speculate their types mainly due to there body color knowing that most would not think so much about the way both their tails looked and the industrialized region they reside in.

There is no doubt in my mind that lady is lying to the public just by Sweet Smoochums statement, the tail, and glowing blue on Zekrom that it isn't part electric. I'm not safe to say that I can agree wholeheartly with Reshiram being part fire but I welcome that as more fire types are need, fire dragon sounds like a very interesting type, and fire types are awesome period. Well we have to wait and see now and see if we are correct.

Damn you Gamefreak for making me think so hard.

Tanner.
May 31st, 2010, 06:31 PM
I like how this new generation will hopefully focus less on myth and more on more modern themes. Kanto was originally more technological than the other regions so its legendary was a genetically engineered thing. I would like to see more legendaries along that theme.

Setosama
May 31st, 2010, 06:40 PM
uggggggg..

flaffy may not be prodominantly yellow, but AMPHAROS is! Magnemite and Magneton have magnets.

And it usually doesn't but I'm just saying MOST electric pokemon ARE yellow or have it on them.

Hibaru
May 31st, 2010, 06:57 PM
flaffy may not be prodominantly yellow, but AMPHAROS is! Magnemite and Magneton have magnets.

And it usually doesn't but I'm just saying MOST electric pokemon ARE yellow or have it on them.

Most? Not really Voltorb and Electrode want to talk, and you know what they say? "We're not Yellow! We're Red and White!". Besides, most Forum says Zekrom would be Dragon/Electric type and the color is actually black. Which it has nothing Yellow on its body.

white_amithy
May 31st, 2010, 07:04 PM
Eh whichever has the best stats i go for it
but ill probably get white ver

Setosama
May 31st, 2010, 07:09 PM
Most? Not really Voltorb and Electrode want to talk, and you know what they say? "We're not Yellow! We're Red and White!". Besides, most Forum says Zekrom would be Dragon/Electric type and the color is actually black. Which it has nothing Yellow on its body.

That's only because of some "slip-up" Shokotan did on her blog.

Voltorb and Electrode are Joke Pokemon really. Pick up a voltorb thinking it is a pokeball, KABOOM!

Those and the Magnet Pokemon are the ONLY ones who break this rule. Every other Electric Pokemon is either predominantly yellow or has electric qualities and yellow on it somewhere!

Haza
May 31st, 2010, 07:52 PM
Ugh, on a positive note from me, maybe we could expect an attack caalled Black Lighting from Zekrom, and maybe White Flames from Reshiram.

Setosama
May 31st, 2010, 11:14 PM
I'm going to agree with Sweet Smoochum here the idea of electric dragon and fire dragon seem real plausible considering the points and observations made.

Also like Timbjerr, the idea of industry for these legends have always been a thought for me considering the technological advances of the Isshu region. Its far to obvious by the tail resembling a generator in my opinion.

Random: I like Smoochums :3 <3. They are indeed sweet.

Ok. Levitate or Pressure?

myrrh25
May 31st, 2010, 11:22 PM
I'd like to say they will have weather effects like Kyogre and Groudon. NEW weather effects.
(if he's electric) Zekrom could have the Thunderstorm weather. (It sometimes hurts you and sometimes doesn't.)
(if he's fire) Reshiram could have the Rising Smoke weather. (Decreases accuracy.)

EDIT: And the legendary trio master would have Air Lock like Rayquaza did. :)

Myles
May 31st, 2010, 11:35 PM

But then they're both the same. Unless you're going for lamp = technology and candle = natural, but from where this goes, I don't think that's where you're getting at.

Too much electricity didn't cause Sunnyshore to go out. Too little electricity did. They were trying to use more than they had. And the smoke thing is a bit Farfetch'd imo.

It's possible that the evil organization(s) in this game are looking to harness the legendary powers for their own advantage. It could be a battle between light and darkness using fire and electricity.

But it would work better if they clashed. Both being able to create light and 'remove it' doesn't.

._.

Dragon/Fire and Dragon/Electric legendaries seem very possible for Black and White. According to wikipedia, "lightning can also occur within the ash clouds from volcanic eruptions, or can be caused by violent forest fires which generate sufficient dust to create a static charge."

This is a combination of fire and electricity taking place at the same time. Light is the electricity. Darkness is from the smoke caused by the fire. Notice the colors? (White and Black.)

If you place the Pokemon onto the background, it seems like a very plausible idea.

Way too obscure.

Anyway, I just don't think this is likely.

GoldvsRed
May 31st, 2010, 11:39 PM
Not true, Fan-form Rotom is yellow. :)

Oh yeah, I forgot. I replace that with Flaaffy, then.

Ninja Caterpie
May 31st, 2010, 11:47 PM
Considering the fact that Zekrom's design makes it incredibly plausible it is Electric-type, I have the feeling that Reshiram's whiteness and shininess might make it Ice, Electric or Fire. It would be pretty cool if they were both Electric/Dragon. Their two STABs - one super effective against the other Pokemon, one ineffective. Fire/Dragon seems more plausible in terms of story-wise, although I don't really see how it'd work with evil teams...

loliwin
June 1st, 2010, 12:14 AM
I'd like to see a Dragon Ground, I love them! XD

Myles
June 1st, 2010, 12:14 AM
But if that blog post is correct about Zekrom being Electric than Reshiram wouldn't be. Since it was 'I like Electric, so I want Zekrom'.

Pokekoks
June 1st, 2010, 12:35 AM
New legendaries are looking good, but Zekrom is too complicated to name it 'Pokemon'... But I like its design, even it looks similarly to Palkia.

Zekrom is probably dragon/electric type (but I don't exclude it's second type is dark) and Reshiram imo looks like dragon/ghost or dragon/flying type.

Haza
June 1st, 2010, 01:51 AM
Now that I think about it... Zekrom does sound like an Electric-Type name.

Azzurra
June 1st, 2010, 01:56 AM
This is only speculation and might not ring true, but I believe the Dark legendary Pokemon will most probably be Dark/Ground, and the white one would probably be an introduction to the "White type" Pokemon family.

SinisterEternity
June 1st, 2010, 02:07 AM
This is only speculation and might not ring true, but I believe the Dark legendary Pokemon will most probably be Dark/Ground, and the white one would probably be an introduction to the "White type" Pokemon family.

Nah x3
Both were confirmed Dragon/? types so Zekrom will be Dark/Dragon or Dragon/Dark, I dunno Cx

`MorningSun
June 1st, 2010, 02:10 AM
Nah x3
Both were confirmed Dragon/? types so Zekrom will be Dark/Dragon or Dragon/Dark, I dunno Cx

So many dragon legendarys -.-. Also Zekrom might be Dragon/Electric.

SinisterEternity
June 1st, 2010, 02:23 AM
So many dragon legendarys -.-. Also Zekrom might be Dragon/Electric.

I know right ? D;
I wish we had more non-legendary Dragons >_<
And yeah, why not Dragon/Electric ? Both would be good, imo ! ;3

Setosama
June 1st, 2010, 02:28 AM
I'd like to say they will have weather effects like Kyogre and Groudon. NEW weather effects.
(if he's electric) Zekrom could have the Thunderstorm weather. (It sometimes hurts you and sometimes doesn't.)
(if he's fire) Reshiram could have the Rising Smoke weather. (Decreases accuracy.)

EDIT: And the legendary trio master would have Air Lock like Rayquaza did. :)

Hm... I really don't see that happening... But then again, after these games, the Ruby and Sapphire remakes are next, supposedly.

We already know that there is an attack that raises ACCURACY and Attack. So it IS possible...

But I'd hate to see another legendary dragon get murdered by repeated earthquakes... :(

Forget types, what about abilities... What abilities you think these guys'll have? Levitate? Pressure? or something new?

GreyShadow
June 1st, 2010, 03:54 AM
With so much controversy over the types of Reshiram and Zekrom I thaught I would bring this up. So far we know they are both Dragon types. Some people think Reshiram will be either a Fire or Light type and some people think Zekrom will either be a Dark or Electric type. What if these Legendaries had 3 types which would mean Reshiram would be Dragon/Fire/Light and Zekrom would be Dragon/Electric/Dark. So many mysteries are in this game and if 3-type Pokemon were one of them, that might really affect gameplay. I am not saying I want this to happen (I am wishing for a Dark/Dragon Zekrom) but I still think that his could be a possibility. Discuss.

EDIT: I agree with what you all are saying about the unbalence. But what if 3-types was just for Reshiram and Zekrom? Again I'm not saying I want it to happen. Also for the record I think Charizard and Gyarados should've both been Dragon instead of Flying.

myrrh25
June 1st, 2010, 04:05 AM
Not gonna happen, that would completely warp everything the game has ever stood for type-advantage-wise. By doing this GameFreak would get more haters and more QQ than if the game sucked =/

shengar
June 1st, 2010, 04:33 AM
Not a chance. That only make the game even more inbalance. What happen if Gyarados and Charizard gain dragon type? I hope not, because i hate battling them even with their current type.

Horizon
June 1st, 2010, 05:03 AM
I can pretty much guarantee that it won't happen. As others have said, it would imbalance the game so much almost to the point of it becoming unplayable.

vibratingcat
June 1st, 2010, 05:18 AM
doubt it would happen. with black and white, it seems like they're going for simplicity. putting in 3 types would ruin it.

Hybrid Theory
June 1st, 2010, 05:23 AM
Two types are too much to deal with, nevermind three! >_>

Rei Shingetsu
June 1st, 2010, 06:18 AM
I certainly won't want the change of having just two types (Though Gyarados and Charizard really deserved to be Dragon :P)

Germaniac
June 1st, 2010, 06:22 AM
No, maybe they need rework on the types

RYOUKI
June 1st, 2010, 06:32 AM
No. Too uber. The point of making many types is that no one could be at an advantage or a disadvantage. That's what abilities are for, to try to make the Pokemon stronger without relying on its typing. Like, Volt Absorb, Motor Drive, Wonder Guard, Snow Cloak and Chlorophyll.

Cloudfall
June 1st, 2010, 06:37 AM
Hm... I really don't see that happening... But then again, after these games, the Ruby and Sapphire remakes are next, supposedly.

We already know that there is an attack that raises ACCURACY and Attack. So it IS possible...

But I'd hate to see another legendary dragon get murdered by repeated earthquakes... :(

Forget types, what about abilities... What abilities you think these guys'll have? Levitate? Pressure? or something new?

I guess they'll have Levitate, seeing as to how they have wings and all... Somehow I doubt they'll be like Dialga and Palkia with Pressure. I mean, Reshiram and Zekrom have wings... At the very least, it would be nice to see if these wings had an actual part to play in-game.

Also, has anyone ever thought that Reshiram's typing could very well be Dragon/Ice? It hasn't been done before, and Reshiram's whole 'pure' look goes pretty well with Ice imo. Just my two cents. :3

Satoshi_poketo monsta
June 1st, 2010, 06:46 AM
I wonder if those two Legendary is a Robot-like Pokemon being. When I look at Zekrom, There's some kind of lines thing all over its body, And Reshiram I don't know for sure but their names are Robot-like. :p

PiPVoda
June 1st, 2010, 08:41 AM
Electric/Dragon is pretty cool, and makes sense. It's the industrial thing people are talking about. Though Grass/Dragon Reshiram, I'm not fond off. Makes sense though.

woh woh woh....now we're talking about Zekrom possibly being electric/dragon? Cool combo, but not as good as dark/dragon. Wouldn't that combo (electric/dragon) better suit Reshima? I mean when I think electricity I don't think some black looking pokemon that looks engineered from scratch; I think of something of a ligher-shade (yellow..to sky blue..to white) that has a more 'natural' appearance if I should call it that.

Now that I think about it... Zekrom does sound like an Electric-Type name.

To an extent...yes, but truthfully at first--and still sorta now--I don't see the resemblance. :D

Sakura Rain
June 1st, 2010, 08:48 AM
I LOVE RESHIRAM

It'll be awesome if Reshiram is Dragon/Ice. Zekrom...I don't really like it all that much. D;

PiPVoda
June 1st, 2010, 08:50 AM
Everybody else just summed it up. 3 types would just mean more confusions for me and imbalances in the game. We should really work on combining more of the types we have now instead.

Cyberglass
June 1st, 2010, 09:45 AM
On a side note, what is up with Flygon's evoloution chain ? Garchomp makes sense. Gible and Gabite look like mini Garchomps. Vibrava looks like a mini Flygon, but what in the world is trapinch ? It looks like it would turn into a Mawile. Even Yanma would have been a more sensible pre-evolutionary form than Trapinch is. They could have kept the whole dragonfly thing going.

Actually, Flygon is not based on a dragonfly at all; rather, it is based on an antlion, a large desert insect whose large-jawed larva build pits in the sand and wait at the bottom for passing insects to fall in. The evolution chain actually mirrors the changes that occur during the antlion's metamorphosis. That the larva burrows into the sand makes it natural that Trapinch is Ground-type, although Ground/Bug would make more sense than Ground/Dragon.

Bluerang1
June 1st, 2010, 11:13 AM
What I'm thinking is in Black, they'll be a Black-Ou. And in White, they'll be a Whitewash. Like my concept, due to forces clashing :D

luigimario94
June 1st, 2010, 12:01 PM
I was going to get Black, but Zekrom... words cannot describe his awesome power!!!

June 1st, 2010, 02:48 PM
If Reshiram is Dragon/fire and Zekrom is Dragon/Electric... the third one will most likely be Dragon/Ice or if Reshiram is Dragon/Ice then the Third one will be Dragon/Fire much like the bird trio...with dragon rather than flying...and more powerful...

IsThatAnUmbreonIsee?
June 1st, 2010, 02:59 PM
on serabii it says they are both part dragon so no pure flying =(

Gary Oak FTW
June 1st, 2010, 03:02 PM
These are my favorite legendaries.

Arma
June 1st, 2010, 03:09 PM
Both Zekrom & Reshiram really have impressed me. I expected to see some really lame designs for the legendaries after gen IV, but these really look great. Zekrom doesn't strike me as a dragon-type though. It more closely resembles a Dark/steel type to me.

I'm pretty sure I'm getting white now that I've seen Zekrom.

PiPVoda
June 1st, 2010, 04:15 PM
If Reshiram is Dragon/fire and Zekrom is Dragon/Electric... the third one will most likely be Dragon/Ice or if Reshiram is Dragon/Ice then the Third one will be Dragon/Fire much like the bird trio...with dragon rather than flying...and more powerful...

Dragon/fire for Reshiram? I think that the Dragon/Ice would better suit it, and the third would be dragon/fire (if they're having a trio thing again). Nevertheless, nice combos.

Fli
June 1st, 2010, 04:30 PM
Actually, I have thought of this idea before too. And every time I bashed it down as wishful thinking and for the reasons already mentioned. I can't say why I want that either because the two types is already too much for me to remember (ex: Use thunder! Oh you [opponent] are part ground? What??? Well then, use ___(fill in a move here)__ instead. note to self- so-and-so is ground.... so-and-so appears again. Use thunder. It doesn't affect so-and-so. Oh yeah, how did I forget that you were part ground?) Though unlikely, I think it would be interesting if the legendaries (only legendaries, I shudder to think of the annoyances if it was every pokemon) were three types.

Also, Charizard never seemed like dragon to me, but Gyarados... He is not a flying type. At all. (in my mind at least) Where are his wings? He swims!

Åzurε
June 1st, 2010, 07:40 PM
Feh, I wish they'd say Zekrom wasn't Electric. I can see why they'd choose that, kinda. It's just not what I would have chosen.

Magmarizer
June 1st, 2010, 08:00 PM
I really love reshiram, and zekrom is okay. I dont think theyre going to be new types in this generation, so i think reshiram-normal/dragon, zekrom-dark/dragon.

If they introduced light pokemon, i think it would be too yugiohish.

Pikachukid
June 1st, 2010, 10:04 PM
Actually, I have thought of this idea before too. And every time I bashed it down as wishful thinking and for the reasons already mentioned. I can't say why I want that either because the two types is already too much for me to remember (ex: Use thunder! Oh you [opponent] are part ground? What??? Well then, use ___(fill in a move here)__ instead. note to self- so-and-so is ground.... so-and-so appears again. Use thunder. It doesn't affect so-and-so. Oh yeah, how did I forget that you were part ground?) Though unlikely, I think it would be interesting if the legendaries (only legendaries, I shudder to think of the annoyances if it was every pokemon) were three types.

Also, Charizard never seemed like dragon to me, but Gyarados... He is not a flying type. At all. (in my mind at least) Where are his wings? He swims!

I would really get confused too. I can usually remember most of the pokemon and what types they are but three types would be way too complicated. You said it might be possible that it could be Dragon/Dark/Thunder? So it is weak to Ice, Fighting, Bug, Ground, Dragon and is unaffected by Psychic? This is too much to process. Even now I had to think really hard and reread what I had written just to write his weaknessess down. I think they won't do it. Why? Too complicated. See? Simplicity is way better.

Oh yeah and Gyarados is based on a japanese (or chinese? I forget) legend that if a fish jumped over some waterfall it would transform into a dragon and those dragons were like flying snakes with arms. I know you've seen them. Like in American Dragon:Jake Long his grandpa is that type of dragon. no wings but since he's a magical being he can fly...Yeah that makes sense.

Manganum
June 1st, 2010, 10:06 PM
No. Please never let this happen. I will cry.

Tanaki
June 1st, 2010, 11:55 PM
There is no way they would do that. It would be so unspeakably bogus and impossible to win most battles. Too many 1-type pokemon and pokemon with limited movesets would become entirely unusable and the game would cease to be good in any aspect.

curiousnathan
June 2nd, 2010, 12:06 AM
It would be very confusing especisally to those who plan and create offical battling teams. OU and UU ect. Plus it would take the little bit of simplicity left in the games. Nintendo will lose many fans and players and once the word gets around the White and Black games will probably be a fail. And we don't want that. Even to those who just play the game for fun, "like me" it would be confusing because I do use type advantages and disadvantages to good use.

Haza
June 2nd, 2010, 12:13 AM
Games that make you think are a good thing... people, stop being so simple. New Types won't be THAT dramatic when it comes to remembering resistances and such all over again. It's still the same math.

curiousnathan
June 2nd, 2010, 12:22 AM
Games that make you think are a good thing... people, stop being so simple. New Types won't be THAT dramatic when it comes to remembering resistances and such all over again. It's still the same math.
More types = More Math = People getting bored of statistics, and bored with the game altogether. It is supposed to be fun; it's a game.

koopatroppa
June 2nd, 2010, 01:00 AM
What do you think of these two new legendaries, good or bad or even worse?

lusterclaw
June 2nd, 2010, 01:17 AM
they are pretty good but one of them has the same body of palkia

shengar
June 2nd, 2010, 02:16 AM
Some part of them can be good, some can be worse than previous one.

Ziraider
June 2nd, 2010, 03:00 AM
Yeah, they look pretty good. the Black version looks the best in my opinion.

Shinjiro
June 2nd, 2010, 03:10 AM
No other than awesome! Though the design is too complicated so I can't draw them. But still like both!

s0nido
June 2nd, 2010, 03:13 AM
They look too much like Palkia. They're also pretty similar. I really hope that they change. :/

Hybrid Theory
June 2nd, 2010, 03:16 AM
I think they look pretty cool. Although they do resemble the fouth gen legendaries abit imo.

Mew~
June 2nd, 2010, 07:16 AM
they are pretty good but one of them has the same body of palkia
How the hell do either of them look like palkia? Maybe you haven't seen a palkia properly, you know... IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR PRIVET! (Well if your male LOL)

PiPVoda
June 2nd, 2010, 07:26 AM
Pretty tight...Reshiram pwns Zekrom imo though.

dieter57
June 2nd, 2010, 01:19 PM
i like them both! yay for black and white!

TaylorMcIntire
June 2nd, 2010, 01:27 PM
I see a close resemblance to Palkia, but I must admit that it still looks awesome.

Magmarizer
June 2nd, 2010, 01:32 PM
Im pretty sure zekrom will be electric type, it just confirmed it imo with the news story on serebii.

Eeohnex
June 2nd, 2010, 01:47 PM
Zekrom reminds me a lot of Palkia in some way, he looks like a total beast.

grey†fish
June 2nd, 2010, 01:57 PM
Zekrom is EPIC!… Reshiram not so much :\

but anyways, I really hope that Zekrom is an electric-type so it can be a personification of thunder or something…

I have to say that I'm really(x10) disappointed that they're both dragon-types as of now… that sucks :(

Haza
June 2nd, 2010, 01:59 PM
The more I compare him to Palkia the less he looks like her. It's crazy how awesome the Sugimari art looks when it is the current generation compared to the last, but when a newer Pokemon comes out, then the last generations start to look even older. That's how I feel when comparing Zekrom and Palkia.

ichuesther
June 2nd, 2010, 02:48 PM
People go way over the top when a new generation comes out lol.
Hm, I think Gamefreak is smarter than to add three typed pokemoninto the game and piss everyone off.
Or maybe there are some people who want three typed pokemon.
Why not? x)

digi-kun
June 2nd, 2010, 02:54 PM
MY DRILL IS ONE THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!
(Reshiram's heaven, cuz it totally looks like the drill fits into Reshiram's...tail thing)

Totally gonna nickname them Gurren and Lagann. or Antispiral on Zekrom if it fits

WriteThemWrong
June 2nd, 2010, 03:03 PM
they look like freaks of nature. just hope some of the regulars are as great

GoldvsRed
June 2nd, 2010, 03:37 PM
MY DRILL IS ONE THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!
(Reshiram's heaven, cuz it totally looks like the drill fits into Reshiram's...tail thing)

Totally gonna nickname them Gurren and Lagann. or Antispiral on Zekrom if it fits

You win this thread. Permanently.

IsThatAnUmbreonIsee?
June 2nd, 2010, 04:19 PM
this will never happen it opens the door for x6 advantageswarping the game beyon comprehension

Dakota
June 2nd, 2010, 07:18 PM
Both look epic, but I like Zekrom more.... probably since it's so much like Palkia, who I also love. =P

I'm not surprised that Nintendo hasn't lost its creativity. xD Zekrom being part electric would be awesome!

Ninja Caterpie
June 2nd, 2010, 11:02 PM
x8 weaknesses are just too much, man.

TaylorMcIntire
June 3rd, 2010, 07:44 AM
I am definitely going to have to choose Zekrom.

Alkaide
June 3rd, 2010, 07:50 AM
I too think that Zekrom is a very good choice.

I feel that most of the people like ZEKROM. ;)

Satoshi_poketo monsta
June 3rd, 2010, 08:25 AM
I too think that Zekrom is a very good choice.

I feel that most of the people like ZEKROM. ;)

Of course! When the first time I saw those two I really don't like them and me and my friend and the other members said like this,

Me : Man! I wonder when we'll get the Legendary mascots!
Other member : Hey guys! Check this out! (Showing the Link)
Me : Huh? Those two look cool! But We'll just have to wait when will the Legend reveal!
My friend : Ummm...those ARE the mascots!
Me : What?!! Ow don't tell me!
Other member : It's okay idiot! I'm not telling you either.
Me : Shut it you wimp! I'm wasn't asking you either!
Other member : Sorry~
Me : Ow Man! The White one is the worst!
Other member : Thought so...
Me : Hey does anyone know which is the Black version mascot?
My Friend : Oh! The White one would be the Black mascot...
Me : Grrrr! That's it! Get out of my mindBlack version! And Welcome to my mind White version! Haaahahaha! :D

Azure Rathalδs
June 3rd, 2010, 08:27 AM
Zekrom looks cool.

Reshiram just looks like a pokemon fusion gone wrong.

DarkSlayer1331
June 3rd, 2010, 08:37 AM
Well I guess I'm the only one, and I expect people to be like "wtf are you talking about???" but... I really am not impressed with these legends. They honestly look to me like they belong in some kind of mythical creature smackdown game. Like WWE for fantasy creatures or something. Say what you want, but this is my own personal opinion. I'm especially disappointed that they decided to go with Dragons again for the legends. I was hoping for something different.

fenyx4
June 3rd, 2010, 10:06 AM
This is the announcement I have been waiting for all year! The legendaries are one of the main reasons I'm still into Pokemon... :D Reshiram and Zecrom FTW!

As for critique...those are the best tails on any animal/beast/monster I have ever seen... I've always wanted a drill-tail concept, but I'd figured it would get ruined if implemented... but these TURBINE TAILS look EPIC!

Both Pokemon look awesome! Game Freak is on a fiery streak so far with their release of Generation V Pokemon! I'm extremely annoyed by the switch thing, though... Confusion ensues...

Reshiram looks mystical, while Zecrom looks like a freaking threat. You would not want to encounter that [Zecrom] anywhere (unless it was on your side :D). I love the names as well, as they signify that each Pokemon is turning to their respective color.

Reshiram reminds me of the concept of reishi from Bleach, coupled with the term 'ram', resulting in the Pokemon personification of spiritual energy ramming into your enemies. Which is freaking awesome.

I like how Zecrom feels when you say it. :) Something powerful and enigmatic, yet seldom seen. Originally, I wanted a 'u' in there to make Zecurom, but now I feel that would distort the name too much for my liking.

As much as I like Dragons, this typing thing (which isn't actually confirmed, as these guys may be dragon-like similar to Charizard and Gyarados) is a bit much. I'm wondering what their sibling, if any exists, will be... Zecrom being dual-type Dragon/Electric or Dragon/Light would be interesting. Well, at least the Dragon-type matches the epicness of Reshiram and Zecrom in a way... 2 Dragon trios could be awesome, though, if implemented correctly...

Either Reshiram, Zecrom, or their 'sibling' should learn Luster Purge... Fits with the whole monochrome idea. These guys made me have an idea that in the plot, there should be an event where one of them causes the overworld and battle scenery to go monochrome/black-and-white for a while. Then it'd sort of feel like you were playing a Generation I game in Gen V!

Ugh...the version switch thing is just what bothers me. How can you have a vicious menace like Zecrom representing the color white? From the outset, one could think it was full of malice or something from its portrayal/design... I get the yin-yang symbolism, but still... :\

Keep up the excellent work with Pokemon designs, Game Freak! :D

Haza
June 3rd, 2010, 12:57 PM
I think the the third one should be gray with purple eyes, and should be Psychic/Dragon or Ice/Dragon.

crehym
June 3rd, 2010, 03:59 PM
At first, I thought Reshiram was so cool, but then I realized how epic Zekrom's design is. But both are effin awesome. and epic really.

Livewire
June 3rd, 2010, 07:24 PM
it looks like ill be buying white then, especially if Zekrom turns out to be Dragon/Electric. Awesome typing there.

im guessing reshiram will be like Dragon/Ice then, it just looks like an ice type to me. and we need more ice legends (besides Arty) or some other unique combo

Air Pichu
June 3rd, 2010, 07:28 PM
I will be getting Pokemon White probably. Zekrom looks so strong I like it instead of Reshiram.

Vrai
June 4th, 2010, 09:21 AM
I don't see where you guys are seeing any resemblance to Palkia. I see none. ):

Anyway, as for my thoughts, I can really see Zekrom as a Dragon/Electric type. Look at it's tail... does nothing about that scream "generator" to you? And the appendage on its head looks like a lightning bolt, too..

And if Zekrom is indeed Dragon/Electric, Reshiram must be Dragon/Fire, I think. His tail, in comparison with Sir Generator Tail, is like a celestial torch. And then look at this:

But as it turns out, the names also originate from the Japanese words "shiramu" and "kuromu," which mean "to grow light" and "to grow dark." Specifically, these words are used to refer to the sky becoming light and dark.

Maybe the plot will have to do with the legendaries doing something to the sky..?

JackGamer
June 4th, 2010, 09:29 AM
They're awesome :3
I lovelovelove Reshiram. I'm definately getting Pokemon Black now haha.

(btw this is my first post here, so hi! *waves*) :D

Spinosaurus
June 4th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I'll get Zekrom, giant dragon robots of destruction is a must have. Reshiram is OK, I like the wings and the tail.

Blubber300
June 4th, 2010, 03:46 PM
why the **** is there a jet turbine on Zekrom's @$$??

dieter57
June 4th, 2010, 03:49 PM
why the **** is there a jet turbine on Zekrom's @$$??

why is there cannons mounted to the back of blastoise?
because pokemon can do what ever they want when eve

lucy_goosey
June 6th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Well I didn't know which version to get but these legendaries have made the decision for me. Pokemon Black it is! Reshiram is just amazing!

Adley
June 6th, 2010, 05:13 AM
So far, I prefer the look of Zekrom. But, once I know the second types, I'll be sure which I prefer. I hope none are like Palkia, whose types didn't complement each other well

Thingula
June 6th, 2010, 05:39 AM
The black one looks cool and scarry, but I like the white one, too. Maybe I'll get both.

solaris knight
June 6th, 2010, 11:20 AM
...I just realised something about Zekrom. Remember that rumour about him being an electric type? And remember the screenshot from inside that cave with all the electricity being emitted by rocks, that some people suspected to be Zekrom's lair?

Well, what if Zekrom is based around the concept of lodestone? A lodestone or loadstone is a naturally magnetized piece of the mineral magnetite, and most of the pictures I've seen of lodestone are a similar colour to Zekrom.

This would work well with the theory that Reshiram is based on natural occuring energy (based on his torch-looking tail).

Haza
June 6th, 2010, 02:11 PM
I like ur Lodestone theory... here is a good pic of the resemblance.
http://ravenmoonlight.com/catalog/images/lodestone.jpg

Kendall
June 6th, 2010, 06:08 PM
...I just realised something about Zekrom. Remember that rumour about him being an electric type? And remember the screenshot from inside that cave with all the electricity being emitted by rocks, that some people suspected to be Zekrom's lair?

Well, what if Zekrom is based around the concept of lodestone? A lodestone or loadstone is a naturally magnetized piece of the mineral magnetite, and most of the pictures I've seen of lodestone are a similar colour to Zekrom.

This would work well with the theory that Reshiram is based on natural occuring energy (based on his torch-looking tail).

Wow. I think you may have just hit the nail on the head there. I've been hoping zekrom is part electric since we found out about that blog, and this just seems all add up.

Rehanlarc
June 6th, 2010, 07:11 PM
I am so gunna buy both games!

TheReal
June 6th, 2010, 07:25 PM
I think I like both of them, maybe Reshiram more, although I'm going to buy Pokémon White for sure!

Aggressor
June 7th, 2010, 04:29 AM
They look boring... Sorry to all who are impressed.

SpawnHyuuga
June 7th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Well if Zekrom is Electric/Dragon or Dragon/Electric (doesn't matter really) - then I still like him. He's still uber smexy <3 - and he still looks bad...

I just hope he doesn't suck combat-wise.