PDA

View Full Version : B/W: Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

dieter57
June 7th, 2010, 02:29 PM
...I just realised something about Zekrom. Remember that rumour about him being an electric type? And remember the screenshot from inside that cave with all the electricity being emitted by rocks, that some people suspected to be Zekrom's lair?

Well, what if Zekrom is based around the concept of lodestone? A lodestone or loadstone is a naturally magnetized piece of the mineral magnetite, and most of the pictures I've seen of lodestone are a similar colour to Zekrom.

This would work well with the theory that Reshiram is based on natural occuring energy (based on his torch-looking tail).

derp.....
i am so blind.
your theory works perfectly.
but i will still be pulling for dark and light type dragon legends. ;)

Mclarenf1905
June 7th, 2010, 05:56 PM
If it is true that Zekrom is Dragon/Electric definitely that one, otherwise it depends on what its type is vs Reshiram's type and of course aesthetic appeal.

Ashy Boy
June 8th, 2010, 05:48 AM
They are very cool... but I think I prefer I like more the white one, even if it has the arms fused with the wings...it's a bit weird.
I completely agree Reshiram is the better one but the arms and wings? also whats up with zekroms tail?

Xander Olivieri
June 11th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Comming from here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=221922)

Zerkom = Electric/Dragon
Reshrim = Fire/Dragon

Two unique combinations that haven't been done yet. Their abilities Turbo Blaze and Terra Voltage sound awesome. What can we expect of these two?

Pandemonioum
June 11th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Terra Voltage, hopefully it let's Zekrom's electric attacks reach the ground pokemon and hurt them :P

Haza
June 11th, 2010, 11:14 AM
I'm positive that Terra Voltage is probably going to allow him to hit Ground-Types with Electric-Type moves which is gonna be quite impressive.

MartinJF
June 11th, 2010, 11:17 AM
And Turbo blaze might make all Fire attacks hit first?
I dunno

Haza
June 11th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Or maybe using Fire-Type moves will raise Reshiram's speed...

SargeantMajorKururu
June 11th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Turbo Blaze: Similar to normal Blaze, but effect happens when he has more HP and it raises his Fire-Type attacks A LOT more? Or maybe they did make a new type that Fire doesn't normally effect and Reshiram's ability counters it?

Juu-Chan
June 11th, 2010, 12:10 PM
HO ARCEUS
RESHIRAM'S EVEN SEXIER THAN GIRATINA

...sweet mother of sake, that's gonna hurt him :-(

The black one is weird. I bet Reshi-san would throw awesome parties~

but again this will seriously tick off giratina...

Mac@ACK!
June 11th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Turbo Blaze: Similar to normal Blaze, but effect happens when he has more HP and it raises his Fire-Type attacks A LOT more? Or maybe they did make a new type that Fire doesn't normally effect and Reshiram's ability counters it?

What's Bruce Lee's favorite drink???

WAAH TAAAAAAHH!!!!

dithyrambos
June 11th, 2010, 12:28 PM
HO ARCEUS
RESHIRAM'S EVEN SEXIER THAN GIRATINA

...sweet mother of sake, that's gonna hurt him :-(

The black one is weird. I bet Reshi-san would throw awesome parties~

but again this will seriously tick off giratina...

N...noooo! Ram-chin isn't cuter than Gira-tan! It's a pretty close call, though. And I'm definitely getting Pokemon Black. Although, I am disappointed that he's a Fire/Dragon-type. I was really hoping he'd be an Ice-type.

Superjub
June 11th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Finally! A Fire/Dragon Pokemon!!! :) However, I don't understand why it's fire/dragon. It doesn't look very firey (is that even a word? :P) to me... :\ It looks more Dragon/Flying or Dragon/Normal. :\

Cyberglass
June 11th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Finally! A Fire/Dragon Pokemon!!! :) However, I don't understand why it's fire/dragon. It doesn't look very firey (is that even a word? :P) to me... :\ It looks more Dragon/Flying or Dragon/Normal. :\

I think the fire is referenced in that Reshiram's tail looks like a tiki-torch. The same way Zekrom's jet-engine tail makes it electric type.

DXrobots
June 11th, 2010, 01:02 PM
I was pretty close I had guessed Ice/dragon as one of the types not Electric/dragon

SargeantMajorKururu
June 11th, 2010, 01:50 PM
What's Bruce Lee's favorite drink???

WAAH TAAAAAAHH!!!!

Well I know that, but Ground is unaffected by Electric. So if Terra Voltage allows Zekrom's ability to hit ground with electric, then it would be extremely one-sided in comparison to Reshiram's ability if they didn't have a new type that is immune to fire.

BleuVII
June 11th, 2010, 03:12 PM
My own post, #584, posted on May 31st:
Well, this may dispel the Dark/Light rumors, if it is confirmed, but it gives hope for one more thing. If Zekrom is Electric/Dragon, do you think that Reshiram might FINALLY give us the Fire/Dragon combo people have been looking for?! Electric and Fire have no type advantage over one another, and Reshiram's tail DOES look like a torch. Here's hoping.

So, here's my moment of gloating. I totally called it. I'm just sad that our best hope for Light Type pretty much went out the window.

Anyway, do you think there will be a third creature to round out the trio? Maybe they are going to do another generation like G/S, which only had two mascot pokemon and borrowed the Crystal mascot from a different trio. If they were going to include another Legendary Dragon for "Gray" Version, what type combo could they use? Off the top of my head, I could only see a Ground/Dragon which would be strong against both. Any other ideas?

Toxicroak
June 11th, 2010, 03:14 PM
im not surprised about their types, Reshiram's tail resembles a fire torch and Zekrom's tail resembles a jet engine (hence electricity)

dieter57
June 11th, 2010, 03:20 PM
why?
why gamefreak why?
i wanted a light ype.......................
soooooo badly....................
fire dragon?
why......................

GoldvsRed
June 11th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Anyway, do you think there will be a third creature to round out the trio? Maybe they are going to do another generation like G/S, which only had two mascot pokemon and borrowed the Crystal mascot from a different trio. If they were going to include another Legendary Dragon for "Gray" Version, what type combo could they use? Off the top of my head, I could only see a Ground/Dragon which would be strong against both. Any other ideas?

I'm assuming it will be an Ice-Type, because Game Freak seems to be trying out the whole "new-but-retro" trend for Black and White... Luckily, they're doing it right, by understanding that 8-bit =/= nostalgic, and that great, memorable designs = nostalgic.

SinisterEternity
June 11th, 2010, 04:56 PM
You guys probably have seen on Bulbapedia, Reshiram going to be a Dragon/Fire type and Zekrom a Dragon/Electric type ! No new types, yeah...As mentioned above :cccc
And, I'm "glad" Reshi is taller than Zekrom xD
I personally would have prefered it the Dragon was their second type, not the first :c
Makes them weak to ice and all ;w; But at least Reshiram isn't "Dragon/ice" so Zekrom can kill it easily xD *Reshifan*

FieryGrave
June 11th, 2010, 05:10 PM
I think the white one looks like moltres

Tanaki
June 11th, 2010, 05:23 PM
I'm confused by the boxes as to which game has which, but Reshiram is my definite pick.

dieter57
June 11th, 2010, 05:32 PM
I'm confused by the boxes as to which game has which, but Reshiram is my definite pick.

reshiram is in black
zekrom is in white

dithyrambos
June 11th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Although I really want a new type, I had a feeling Reshiram wasn't going to be it. I- - I still have hope (hnnnnng).

I think the third mascot will be Dragon/Psychic, only because there is a very blatant pattern going on here: both Ram-chin's and Rom-chan's types are a form of energy. The third dragon could be a Psychic-type, to represent psychic energy? (Or maybe it'll be a new type woohoo.... probably not, I know.)

fenyx4
June 11th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Although I really want a new type, I had a feeling Reshiram wasn't going to be it. I- - I still have hope (hnnnnng).

I think the third mascot will be Dragon/Psychic, only because there is a very blatant pattern going on here: both Ram-chin's and Rom-chan's types are a form of energy. The third dragon could be a Psychic-type, to represent psychic energy? (Or maybe it'll be a new type woohoo.... probably not, I know.)

Interesting... the forms of energy concept could work alongside the whole light-dark theme I'm deriving from the legendaries... And I'm pulling for a new type as well! (Go Light!)

I've been skeptical about a Dragon/Fire combo Pokemonfor a while, since dragons are commonly depicted breathing fire, so it seems sort of redundant IMO. But Reshiram seems to execute it perfectly. :D With its TURBINE TAIL OF DOOM resembling a torch, and being a sort of personfication of white fire, it just seems to fit.

And Zecrom+Thunder+Electricity complements each other perfectly (the name sounds computer-ish, even!). For some reason, I've wanted to teach Zecrom Thunder ever since I saw it. Dragon/Electric looks like it will be very fun to use (reminds me of Cyclohm from the Smogon Create-A-Pokemon Project...)

I really hope the third mascot legendary sibling isn't Dragon/Water. It makes sense with fire, water, and electricity, though, but Dragon/Water is popping up a bit too much now (and we just had Palkia feature that combo, with Kingdra tagging along from Gen II) :\

Still, I have a feeling that all of the Gen V legendaries will be awesome!

Cyberglass
June 11th, 2010, 08:50 PM
You guys probably have seen on Bulbapedia, Reshiram going to be a Dragon/Fire type and Zekrom a Dragon/Electric type ! No new types, yeah...As mentioned above :cccc
And, I'm "glad" Reshi is taller than Zekrom xD
I personally would have prefered it the Dragon was their second type, not the first :c
Makes them weak to ice and all ;w; But at least Reshiram isn't "Dragon/ice" so Zekrom can kill it easily xD *Reshifan*

Actually, the order doesn't matter for weaknesses; Zekrom will be weak to Ice, and Reshiram won't because of the fire typing.

A full list of weaknesses:
Reshiram: Rock, Ground, Dragon
Zekrom: Ice, Ground, Dragon

Xander Olivieri
June 11th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I've been skeptical about a Dragon/Fire combo Pokemon for a while, since dragons are commonly depicted breathing fire, so it seems sort of redundant IMO.

This is really only true outside of Asia. Asianic Dragons are born of singular elements. They have Dragons of Ice, of Fire, of Earth, of Air, of Water, etc. The Oriental Dragons were not all fire breathers, that was a western rendition when they also made dragons the embodiment of greed and evil.

fenyx4
June 11th, 2010, 09:13 PM
This is really only true outside of Asia. Asianic Dragons are born of singular elements. They have Dragons of Ice, of Fire, of Earth, of Air, of Water, etc. The Oriental Dragons were not all fire breathers, that was a western rendition when they also made dragons the embodiment of greed and evil.

Gotcha, thanks for the info. Since most Dragons learned Dragon and Fire moves, I figured they came hand-in-hand... The 'singular elements' things makes the Dragon-type more unique for me, as it doesn't reference just fire, but the other elements of power as well...

Anyway, Reshiram and Zecrom are going to be awesome in battle. Maybe the third sibling should be Dragon/Ground, to exert strength over both? But we've already seen that type combo twice (Flygon and Gablias/Garchomp, the latter of which it doesn't really fit, IMO)... Otherwise, the typing should be a combo that isn't too strong or too weak against the other 2 combos...

MistahDude
June 11th, 2010, 09:29 PM
It was revealed in the CoroCoro magazine on June 11th 2010 that Zekrom is Electric/Dragon and the Black Yin pokemon. It was also revealed that he has a new ability called Terra Voltage.

Terra - noun earth; land

Voltage - noun electromotive force or potential difference expressed in volts

I think that this ability allows Zekrom to hit Ground type Pokemon with Electric type moves.

What do you guys think?

Haza
June 11th, 2010, 09:56 PM
A large gray with purple eyes dragon of Ice/Dragon typing would be orgasmic! It could represent balance between the two.

Xander Olivieri
June 11th, 2010, 10:01 PM
A large gray with purple eyes dragon of Ice/Dragon typing would be orgasmic! It could represent balance between the two.

With the Monochrome Legends now...could happen. Though with it being close to the Ying/Yang symbol, I'm praying that Reshrim and Zerkom are the two major with no added third. Threes are great for the past set or Earth/Sea/Sky and Time/Space/Dimension sets. But this is close to balance. Grey is the middle color and though represents the perfect balance, it also represents nothingness.

Xander Olivieri
June 11th, 2010, 10:05 PM
That's one way to look at it.

By the definitions provided, I'm thinking something along the lines of boost speed when hit by ground attacks or I really don't know...make electric attacks stronger after Ground attacks.

All seem wierd and we don't know their English names. These were just released after all and not all have been translated.

Look at Sunny Day. Its Jap name is Clear Skies. We just have to wait for another update to see what it does.

Pandemonioum
June 11th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Pikachu aim for the horn! 'nuff said!

560cool.
June 11th, 2010, 10:46 PM
It seems like one way to look at it. It's completly DUMB for Nintendo to release a new ability without saying what it does. And, yes, I know they've always done that, but it shows stupidity.

MistahDude
June 11th, 2010, 10:49 PM
It seems like one way to look at it. It's completly DUMB for Nintendo to release a new ability without saying what it does. And, yes, I know they've always done that, but it shows stupidity.

No its not stupidity. They like for fans to get more excited and involved. If more people are curious then more people end up purchasing the game. It is marketing genius.

Timbjerr
June 11th, 2010, 10:57 PM
I'm just disappointed that neither of them levitate, especially since they both end up with noticeable weaknesses to ground-type attacks. >_>

...unless Terra Voltage and Reshiram's TurboBlaze are both akin to Motor Drive, except activated by ground-type attacks, effectively giving both of them an immunity to Ground-type attacks, and a chance to power up their signature attacks in the process. :P

mustafa505
June 11th, 2010, 11:09 PM
:o i was confused why zekrom was in whtie version but its alternative :P i dint thought the moves wud be electric

.EJ
June 11th, 2010, 11:16 PM
I was actually thinking along the same lines. Ground types would be susceptible under Terra voltage. However, we don't know what the USA name is so obviously we're unsure.

Bluerang1
June 11th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Oh snap. How clever of you! This is most likely very true :)

redzb1
June 12th, 2010, 02:47 AM
for me zekroms kind of a dragon and dark type, does it match pokemon black version and zekrom being dragon and dark?

mustafa505
June 12th, 2010, 02:48 AM
for me zekroms kind of a dragon and dark type, does it match pokemon black version and zekrom being dragon and dark?
zekroms in w version not b version

Forever
June 12th, 2010, 02:51 AM
Also it's CONFIRMED to be Electric/Dragon, not dark.

OMGWURMPLES!
June 12th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Reshiram is definitely a boy. I'm afraid if I tell you why, I would get banned :S

DialgaPalkiaGiratina
June 12th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Reshiram is definitely a boy. I'm afraid if I tell you why, I would get banned :S

Hehe...lmao thank god it's just feathers...

Yamikarasu
June 12th, 2010, 09:43 AM
So if we go by the theory that Reshiram, being Fire/Dragon, represents natural light...
And Zekrom, being Electric/Dragon, represents artificial light...
Then what's the third one?

Pokebeach claims to have information saying that it will be a green Cobra thing. But what other type of light could it represent? I'm thinking biological light, like the kind you find with fireflies and anglerfish. Maybe the next legend will be Bug/Dragon?

Forever
June 12th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Bug/Dragon... is just impossible. I mean weaknesses and such...would be greatly flawed.

It'll either be a dark/psychic/ice/something else I'm betting.

The Doctor
June 12th, 2010, 12:14 PM
NEW IN!

Reshiram is A Dragon And FIRE TYPE.

Zekrom is a Dragon And ELECTRIC TYPE.

( Sorry if i have the names mixed up, check Seribii for full details )

Bluerang1
June 13th, 2010, 06:17 AM
From Serebii (I love aimlessly browsing their forums and finding great stuff :laugh:)

I am really intrigued by the dragons complex design. At first I thought they looked nothing like pokemon, but I've grown to think they're pretty awesome.

I think reshiram is fire, which is supported by the its torch like tail and slight red glow. Zekrom is electric, which is supported by its generator like tail adn slight blue glow.

As for what the dragons maybe about, well I think it is a battle between past and future. Reshiram looks very ancient and mystic like while Zekrom looks metallic and really advanced. Look at it this way Fire was used to light up darkness in the past and today we use electricity to do it. Hense Black and white, light and dark, yin and yang. Light can't survive without darkness and vice versa.

Hiun city is very futuristic and most of Isshu is (what we've seen of it), but what if the other parts are old and ancient and the evil team(s) are trying to preserve the past or expand the future. At the end of the game we and the villains will realize that without the past the future couldn't exist yin and yang both are one. Maybe Gamefreak is trying to send a message about the pokemon franchise via the game. They want to say pokemon can't survive without old mechanics, but in order to preserve the franchise they have to advance further with new mechanics and ways of playing. So in away the new games are trying to tell us not to forget about the past, but embrace the future.

It's just a theory of mine. It may or may not be true, but it was thing that I had to share with you all. By Pokeholic.

I'd love this to be true, beats good/evil to me :) And it makes so much perfect sense. Really nice creative idea :D

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
June 13th, 2010, 06:23 AM
I really doubt it's past and future kind of thing...brings dialga to mind... though there is lots of nature in the region and industry as well...So maybe it's Wild life vs. Industrial life...reminds me of Hoenn in a way...

>Feelings<
June 13th, 2010, 06:31 AM
Hmm... Sounds very unrealistic in my opinion.

Reshiram is in no way glowing in red except in that scan. It's eyes are actually blue.
Zekrom is in no way glowing in blue except in that scan. It's eyes are actually red.

The two Pokemon are in no way related to being the representatives of the past and future.
Yin and Yang means they can represent Light and Dark, and a lot of other things, but this is too far-fetched.

Really, the good evil idea is awesome this time around, with rumors floating about how your good or bad decisions can influence the plot of the game.

Lelouch vi Britannia
June 13th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Really, the good evil idea is awesome this time around, with rumors floating about how your good or bad decisions can influence the plot of the game.

I really doubt this. Pokemon isn't that type of RPG. Besides there are already a bunch of games that have that type of mechanic. Fable and Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic come to mind. I would actually like Pokeholic's idea to be true. It's different and it has a message besides the whole good will always prevail or evil is not the right path.

dragon0fangz
June 13th, 2010, 07:05 AM
OMG that one electric cave is SO Zekrom's home. You can tell from Zekrom's ability, TerraVoltage.

Rei Shingetsu
June 13th, 2010, 07:08 AM
I like that idea too, and nothing is impossible, at least in the Pokemon world ;)

Corruptodile
June 13th, 2010, 07:16 AM
I guess, though personally I think it'll be found in some sort of storm cloud, given that it's got wings and is Electric type.

Tropical Sunlight
June 13th, 2010, 07:18 AM
A cave in a storm cloud? Very logical! -_-

Although I have to say that glowing rocks don't exactly make sense too. I mean, it's kind of cool if they have electromagnetism, but glowing blue? It's a Pokemon game :)

That cave will be probably in the middle of the game, full of Geodude, Zubat, and occasionally Gear ;)

Corruptodile
June 13th, 2010, 07:24 AM
A cave in a storm cloud? Very logical! -_-

Oh no I didn't mean it like that! xD I meant Zekrom wasn't found in that cave, rather in a storm above Isshu (if that's the right name for this region).

Lelouch vi Britannia
June 13th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Yes the name of the region is Isshu. It might be Zekrom's hiding place but then again Game Freak doesn't like to make things logical

Serene Grace
June 13th, 2010, 07:48 AM
I think that both legends will be similar to Dialga and Palkia; so they live in alternate dimensions or areas. This makes more sense and a possible scenario could include Reshiram coming up through the Earth after being awoken from it's long slumber underground, while gaining strength from the convection currents (slightly influenced by Groudon). Zerkom could be coming down from a thunder cloud located deep within the earth's atmosphere after also being awaken from it's slumber by [insert evil team name here].

Nikorasu
June 13th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Yes the name of the region is Isshu. It might be Zekrom's hiding place but then again Game Freak doesn't like to make things logical

Agreed, It may just run of to another area of Isshu.

Tropical Sunlight
June 13th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Anyway, what do you guys think those electromagnetic rocks will do?
And what are those bars at the right side of the screenshot?
http://www.shrani.si/f/3s/BL/3oQQ1ryX/cave.png

vietazn654
June 13th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Anyway, what do you guys think those electromagnetic rocks will do?
And what are those bars at the right side of the screenshot?
http://www.shrani.si/f/3s/BL/3oQQ1ryX/cave.png
Maybe you step on them to summon "something". LOL They look mysterious. Seriously do...

Dillon_68
June 13th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Since Zorua and Zoroark are event-exclusive, would you consider them to be legendary? I would. I mean, Lucario wasn't, because you could get a riolu through regular playthrough. And there are two seperate events for zorua and zoroark, was it even confirmed that they evolved into one another? Or if Zoroark could be bred to make Zorua? I'm dubbing them legendaries as of now, and even if they do evolve/breed, I'll probably still label them as legends do to the limited method of getting them.

Serene Grace
June 13th, 2010, 09:01 AM
I'm pretty sure that Zorua and Zoruak are the Riolu and Lucario of the fifth generation - meaning that they're not officially classed as legendary Pokemon, but they have the popularity and stats that legends are renouned for (not to be compared to ubers.)

Mujahid
June 13th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Since Zorua and Zoroark are event-exclusive, would you consider them to be legendary? I would. I mean, Lucario wasn't, because you could get a riolu through regular playthrough. And there are two seperate events for zorua and zoroark, was it even confirmed that they evolved into one another? Or if Zoroark could be bred to make Zorua? I'm dubbing them legendaries as of now, and even if they do evolve/breed, I'll probably still label them as legends do to the limited method of getting them.

Yeah it's confirmed that zoroark evolves from zorua and that there will be a new method of their evolution...however both of 'em being event pokemon also confuses me...what is the point in that ??..maybe the celebi event zorua learns some new move which a zoroark bred (if possible) zorua won't...

Bluerang1
June 13th, 2010, 09:17 AM
I have to share this, yet another thing I found on Serebii Forums xD

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/5268/stripk.jpg

A Pixy
June 13th, 2010, 09:19 AM
That is a funny comic. I never noticed that. Reminds me of Blaziken's crotch hair. o3o

SargeantMajorKururu
June 13th, 2010, 09:36 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't find those jokes very funny.

DoctorFred
June 13th, 2010, 09:42 AM

I LOL'd very hard. XD Although it is kinda messed up. And not to mention i like Reshiram 100x more than Zekrom. Why dosn't anyone make fun of Zekrom's hideous tail?

Haza
June 13th, 2010, 12:42 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned the fact that Zekroms tail is a rip off of Slowbro...

IcyArceusRider
June 13th, 2010, 12:53 PM
I think it's really neat how Reshiram is a fire/dragon type and Zekrom is an electric/dragon type. I mean, it's COMPLETELY something that they don't look like. I was guessing maybe, dragon and dark or dragon and steel or something. And I LOVE both of their designs! These are going to make awesome legends.

BleuVII
June 13th, 2010, 08:52 PM
You know, I realized a lot of people might not realize where Reshiram's tail design comes from. It highly resembles massive torches used in Japanese fire festivals. See a picture here:

http://image.ohmynews.com/down/images/1/crossfire_384185_1%5B673496%5D.jpg

So, actually, it DOES kind of look like a fire type, even if it's white.

Åzurε
June 13th, 2010, 09:24 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned the fact that Zekroms tail is a rip off of Slowbro...

Hey, I've brought it up a couple times. It's just that... nobody listened... ;-;

Oh well. Thanks for finding that, Bleu. I knew I'd seen whatever that was somewhere. I only wonder if they were just inverting the torch thingie for Zekrom's tail, or if it actually looks like something that's not a drill, or a black hole, or a spiked Shellder.

Ravecat
June 13th, 2010, 09:27 PM
You know, I realized a lot of people might not realize where Reshiram's tail design comes from. It highly resembles massive torches used in Japanese fire festivals. See a picture here:

http://image.ohmynews.com/down/images/1/crossfire_384185_1%5B673496%5D.jpg

So, actually, it DOES kind of look like a fire type, even if it's white.
That, and has nobody ever heard of "white hot"?

But people definitely need to stop assessing what type a Pokémon is based solely on colour. . .

>Feelings<
June 13th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Well, I'm sad at the death of the possibilities of a Light type...
There may still be hope for other Pokemon... Or maybe not...

There is a rumor going on for quite a while that Reshiram and Zekrom can change types in battle.
I wonder how that might work if that is true.
Another correction is that Zekrom's ability is not Terra Voltage, but instead its TeraVoltage, so no relation to earth.

Fire Wolf
June 14th, 2010, 12:15 AM
Nope, Zekrom's ability IS Terra Voltage, not TeraVoltage.

SIN1488
June 14th, 2010, 12:17 AM
Wow, somehow I missed those pictures on Serebii showing the (blurry) images of Zekrom and Reshiram's sprites, until now. They look awesome! Zekrom does look kind of robotic, which would make sense with it's types. I'm also glad that both of them have some new abilities, I'm tired of legendaries with the Pressure ability.

I can't wait to see what the real non-blurry sprites look like. :D

Forever
June 14th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Nope, Zekrom's ability IS Terra Voltage, not TeraVoltage.
Zekrom's ability is named "Teravoltage," not "Terra Voltage." "Tera" is a prefix that means one trillion. Does this mean it can generate a trillion volts of electricity with its tail generator?
- PokéBeach update
Then again, it could be wrong.

GoldvsRed
June 14th, 2010, 08:00 AM

I've heard it mentioned before... If anything, though, Zekrom reminds me of Dark Raven from Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg.

Haza
June 15th, 2010, 12:14 AM
I love Zekroms sprite... had we seen it before the Electric/Dragon typing would have been more predictable. Oh, and I see Reshiram being more of a Special Pokemon and Zekrom being more Physical.

fenyx4
June 15th, 2010, 03:47 PM

LOL! So that's why somebody said earlier here that Reshiram is "definitely a male..." Ugh...I don't notice this stuff on Pokemon until somebody mentions it. Then it ruins the Pokemon for me! (Exactly what happened with the Palkia "incident"... I was fine before, but when someone mentioned it, I look at it awkwardly now every time it appears...

Nevertheless, Reshiram and Zekrom are awesome! They just need to switch Versions! :)

dithyrambos
June 15th, 2010, 05:39 PM
So if we go by the theory that Reshiram, being Fire/Dragon, represents natural light...
And Zekrom, being Electric/Dragon, represents artificial light...
Then what's the third one?

Pokebeach claims to have information saying that it will be a green Cobra thing. But what other type of light could it represent? I'm thinking biological light, like the kind you find with fireflies and anglerfish. Maybe the next legend will be Bug/Dragon?You have an excellent theory. I initially theorized that Ram-chin and Rom-chan represented forms of energy, but it's true that they represent forms of light as well. I especially like your theory because it gives rise to yet another very plausible theory about the third mascots type. I mean, if the first two mascots represent light, could the third legendary represent darkness, and therefore be a Dragon/Dark-type? (Even more mind boggling, what if there are two more legendaries who represent darkness, to equally balance the two who represent light? This is highly unlikely so ignore this part of my post if you feel you must, but I would also enjoy it if someone were to humor me with their thoughts on this.)

Haza
June 15th, 2010, 06:04 PM
You have an excellent theory. I initially theorized that Ram-chin and Rom-chan represented forms of energy, but it's true that they represent forms of light as well. I especially like your theory because it gives rise to yet another very plausible theory about the third mascots type. I mean, if the first two mascots represent light, could the third legendary represent darkness, and therefore be a Dragon/Dark-type? (Even more mind boggling, what if there are two more legendaries who represent darkness, to equally balance the two who represent light? This is highly unlikely so ignore this part of my post if you feel you must, but I would also enjoy it if someone were to humor me with their thoughts on this.)

If they were going to do the Light-Type this gen they would have done it with Reshiram... but I do like your theory with the third being a Dark-Dragon, putting both of their lights out!

dieter57
June 15th, 2010, 06:12 PM
watch the third dragon be brown.
and it's typing would be ice/dragon.
it's tail would be like a brown/clear crystal.
derp.....

dithyrambos
June 15th, 2010, 06:16 PM
If they were going to do the Light-Type this gen they would have done it with Reshiram... but I do like your theory with the third being a Dark-Dragon, putting both of their lights out!
I didn't say anything about a Light-type, I just agreed with another poster about these two dragons representing forms of light, ala the light of fire and the light of electricity.

And no one can say for sure that they would have made Ram-chin a Light-type if they were going to include a new type this gen. That's like saying they were going to make Dark- and Steel-type mascots to commemorate the addition of those two types back in gen 2, which never actually happened until gen 4 (with Dialga).

WriteThemWrong
June 15th, 2010, 09:10 PM
just wished they weren't so monotone. their design is pretty detailed but at a glance they seem mediocre.

countryemo
June 16th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Well seems like pokebeach translated some stuffs about the two new legends

Reshiram - It blows flames that completely burn its surroundings. It is said that its heat moves Earth's atmosphere.
Zekrom - It has been passed down that it creates electricity using the generator in its body, flying around the skies of the Isshu region and hiding itself in thunderclouds.

Hmmmm

Crysta Blade
June 17th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Sounds like Zekrom's wings aren't just for decoration, then. They still look a little out of proportion compared to its body.

Anyway, a potential Dark/Dragon legendary could not just represent darkness stopping the light, but also chaos disrupting the balance of yin and yang.

KissTheSkull656
June 17th, 2010, 08:49 PM
So since this is Black and White and Arceus was "the creator" or whatever, will that make the last one in this a likeness of Buddha or something?

flight
June 17th, 2010, 10:36 PM
So since this is Black and White and Arceus was "the creator" or whatever, will that make the last one in this a likeness of Buddha or something?

Somehow I doubt that will be the case.

This game, at least from what I'm seeing, has nothing related to fourth gen at all, really, and it shouldn't. B/W is it's own game, so it should have it's own legendaries instead of having it's legendaries based off of the fourth generation.

Calder
June 17th, 2010, 11:40 PM
LOL! So that's why somebody said earlier here that Reshiram is "definitely a male..." Ugh...I don't notice this stuff on Pokemon until somebody mentions it. Then it ruins the Pokemon for me! (Exactly what happened with the Palkia "incident"... I was fine before, but when someone mentioned it, I look at it awkwardly now every time it appears...

Nevertheless, Reshiram and Zecrom are awesome! They just need to switch Versions! :)

Wait whats wrong with Palkia (Besides the fact that its fugly...)?

and yeah TeraVoltage not TerraVoltage...

Bluerang1
June 18th, 2010, 01:20 PM
I was going to post the quotes. Anyway, it's nice and all, but I don't see how they're counterparts, heat and electricity... I mean yeah, in terms of light, but atmosphere? Really?

SpawnHyuuga
June 18th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Anyone think maybe there's a correlation between one's gender and whom their favorite legendary is in Black/White. (Reshiram/Zekrom) - Can anyone prove me wrong/right? Make a post here, on my wall, or PM me please.

Bluerang1
June 20th, 2010, 05:45 AM
I think they're genderless...

Astinus
June 20th, 2010, 10:09 AM
I think they're genderless...
Um, SpawnHyuuga was wondering if there was a correlation between people being male or female and which Legendary they like more.

Of course it's assumed Reshiram and Zekrom are genderless. They're the mascot Legendaries.

darksecret
June 22nd, 2010, 03:13 AM
what is the matter with the black one , it has a tail which resembles a drill.But i admit it still look kinda of cool.:cheeky:

Kardashian
June 24th, 2010, 02:14 AM
In a circle, they swam.
Like a perpetual whirlpool of yin and yang.
They swam simultaneously,
Keeping the Pokemon world in peace
And away from harm.
And, on a day of great light,
A trainer with a twisted smile tempered with the dark and the light.
Havoc struck.
Natural disasters began to occur in ever city throughout Isshu.
The Pokemon world would soon be eroded to pieces.
Through all the chaos and the pandamoneum,
Became a light.
A light of newfound glory and hope
That illuminated the darkness the Pokemon World had become.
All who saw the everlasting light
Had peace resotred unto them
And soon the region of Isshu was peaceful once again.
The yin pokemon returned to the clouds,
Where he roamed hills of lightning and thunder.
The yang pokemon returned to the earth's mantle,
Where he shifted the Earth's tectonic plates with great force.

This was posted on another forum....I'm trying to find a link.

Aaanyways, I would like it if this were true. Sounds like a nice plot.

インフェルノの津波
June 24th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Interesting....hmm, this seems plausible....is it reliable?

Mattysaurus
June 24th, 2010, 07:15 AM
This does work. It fits with the whole fire and electricity thing. Hmm. Nice, ;D

Liliana Vess
June 24th, 2010, 07:16 AM
To me that last bit seemed a little bit to much like Rayquaza and Groundon.

Nashton
June 24th, 2010, 07:25 AM

yeah i would have to agree with you dood.

the earth mantel part made me think groudon.

but the yin and yang thing is believeable.

Myles
June 24th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Aaanyways, I would like it if this were true. Sounds like a nice plot.

Wouldn't be. With words like 'pandemoneum' and 'unto' being thrown around it's quite obvious it was written straight in English and not translated from Japanese.

farage5
June 24th, 2010, 10:36 AM

That's true. And doesn't Yin means good, and Yang mean bad (I think Yin-Yang means balance or something)? Groudon ("Yang") did get into a huge fight with Kyogre. Rayquaza ("Yin") stopped the fight, didn't he/she/it?

Wouldn't be. With words like 'pandemoneum' and 'unto' being thrown around it's quite obvious it was written straight in English and not translated from Japanese.

Maybe they did a direct translation and edited it to make it seem more myth-like.

manomow
June 24th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Isshu is so advanced, there IS no mythology. They believe in SCIENTOLOGY! lol

Kardashian
June 24th, 2010, 11:00 AM
I dont think its really reliable. Its good and all, but it just doesnt seem real

Trap-Eds
June 24th, 2010, 11:14 AM
It sounds like something that could occur in movie 13, or 12, or whatever number the movie with Zoroark is. You know, Ash and co travel to Isshu, some nutjob Trainer tries to break up the two legends for whatever reason, Ash and co get the shining light...thing, whatever it is, (maybe Zoroark?) and save the day...seems pretty good. :D

dieter57
June 24th, 2010, 02:13 PM
i like it, a lot.
BUT.....
when i capture the yin/yang pokemon it doesn't travel back to the sky/earth very well now does it?

Guy
June 24th, 2010, 05:07 PM
This does work. It fits with the whole fire and electricity thing. Hmm. Nice, ;D
Until reading this, I didn't think about it that way. The whole Fire and Electricity typing does fit the fight of light and darkness well; including the play through of the earth's skies and inner core.

I do like the idea though and it could definitely take an interesting course through the game. However, coming from a forum it's hard to point it out as being true. Though, I wouldn't have my hopes high for it since details on Black and White's plot haven't come out as yet. Plus, I would admit it does seem quite over the top for a Pokémon game.

Sinnoh had a lot of back story and mythology, but not even that went so far I would think.

I'm a major fanboy when it comes to Hoenn and its story, and even I didn't think so far to Rayquaza and Groudon. Rayquaza is the representative of the sky and Groudon stands for the earth's land. When you think of it in the right terms, they really don't match the same story as this; which still reflects upon light vs. dark, but with a select twist involving the skies and core of the earth.

Like said, it's from another forum. So more than anything it could just be speculation and a sudden thought or idea that gave the original person something more to discuss with others.

It sounds like something that could occur in movie 13, or 12, or whatever number the movie with Zoroark is. You know, Ash and co travel to Isshu, some nutjob Trainer tries to break up the two legends for whatever reason, Ash and co get the shining light...thing, whatever it is, (maybe Zoroark?) and save the day...seems pretty good. :D
The upcoming movie is the 13th one and it debuts Zorua and Zoroark. This movie will not feature Ash and Co. traveling to Isshu or have Zekrom and/or Reshiram appear. That would be saved for the later movies when we are actually in the Fifth Generation of the anime. But that's the anime and this is the game, so...

Volroc
June 24th, 2010, 10:07 PM
except those last couple lines of coulds& mantel

sounds highly likely ^_^
after all we know how disgustingly corrupted NYC is :P lol jk!

i hope the mythology is similar
but instead we just switch the 2 ;)
the angelic freak thats fire heads to the mantel
and the storm cloud titan ascends to the clouds ;)

farage5
June 25th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Zekrom reminds me of Palkia with Mewtwo's torso. Maybe Nintendo create fusions and add special parts like the tail to hide it.

drivr3joe
June 27th, 2010, 08:32 AM
A picture that was just brought up
http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc98/drivr3joe/?action=view&current=REZEK.png

do you think there will be a battle between the two legendaries? i think so

enderalex
June 27th, 2010, 08:34 AM
i cant see the picture at all :(

MistahDude
June 27th, 2010, 08:40 AM
A picture that was just brought up
http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc98/drivr3joe/?action=view&current=REZEK.png

do you think there will be a battle between the two legendaries? i think so

Obviously it is just a wifi battle that they are showing you. I doubt you would actually use your legendary to battle the other one.

Dmatt
June 27th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Obviously it is just a wifi battle that they are showing you. I doubt you would actually use your legendary to battle the other one.

That would be pretty epic :)

But yeah, probably, they just showed it without any hidden agenda, like any of the other battle pics.

dieter57
June 27th, 2010, 11:32 AM
what if you can get both like in gold/silver?

i would LOVE that!

June 27th, 2010, 11:51 AM
what if you can get both like in gold/silver?

i would LOVE that!
I was about to say the same thing, that would be Awesome:D!

Dark Piplup
June 27th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Then it would be easier to choose a game.

PiPVoda
June 27th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Yeah....wi-fi battle. Though I'm sure Reshiram would win anyways :P

June 27th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Yeah....wi-fi battle. Though I'm sure Reshiram would win anyways :PHaha, No we won't know who win cuz we don't know their moves :P or speed, though Reshiram does look faster but Zekrom looks more bulky :)

mortisha
June 27th, 2010, 06:52 PM
For some reason I like Reshiram better than Zekrom...I don't know why. I figured I would like the "dark" one at first but I dont. I dont like his design I suppose, its very robot-y to me.

PoketalkCreator
June 28th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Zekrom is totally a beast:D Could you actually click on the lizard thingy?

XxRogueTrainerxX
June 28th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Zekrom > Reshiram. Although I have to admit, both of their overall designs are pretty epic.

Sammuthegreat
June 28th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Zekrom > Reshiram. Although I have to admit, both of their overall designs are pretty epic.

This. It's a shame to have to vote against Reshiram, because he looks awesome - kinda like Ninetales on speed - but Zekrom is even cooler.

EDIT: I do prefer Reshiram's typing though...

GrifSpark
June 28th, 2010, 09:15 AM
I do admit Zekrom looks more epic than Reshiram. However, I feel that Reshiram will be a stronger fighter, as it is a Dragon/Fire-Type, giving it an advantage over Ice-Types. Although Zekrom is a Dragon/Electric-Type, which is still an awesome Type set. Argh, I can't decide!

Azure-Supernova
June 28th, 2010, 09:22 AM
I'll have to pin it on Zekrom... even though they both look like Digi-volutions gone wrong

BeachBoy
June 28th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Merged the legendary threads, kept the poll. Also, Zekrom wins it for me.

dieter57
June 28th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Go! Zekrom!
Zekrom used THUNDER DRAGON EXPLOSION BLAST Atack!
Reshiram fainted!
The foes DS exploded!
Nintendo sent a letter reading"you are banned from pokemon and life in general" to the foes house!
the foe fainted!
you win 9,999,999, dollars as a reward!

zekrom=epic win

Flarexon
June 28th, 2010, 09:13 PM
^ Reshiram will be that exactly to me...
Reshiram uses SUPERNOVA! (Sun explodes, Solar System is destroyed)

Mujahid
June 28th, 2010, 09:33 PM
LOL...what next ?
Reshirom(reshiram + zekrom) used black hole plunge
It's ultra effective
The wild universe broke into pieces

Owl
June 29th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Zekrom, looks pretty cool so i would choose that.

Pandemonioum
June 29th, 2010, 07:56 AM
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/149/e/5/Zekrom_by_Amastroph.png
Zekrom by Amastroph from deviantart!

Just how cool is that picture :D

Zekrom is definedly one of the most badass looking Pokemon, makes most of legendary pokemon looks like a pansy :P

Weavile05
June 30th, 2010, 07:01 PM
I think they need a bug type legendary and a fighting type legendary. They've never had those before. they don't need to be the main legendaries.

Jerme
July 9th, 2010, 01:34 PM

Just how cool is that picture :D

Zekrom is definedly one of the most badass looking Pokemon, makes most of legendary pokemon looks like a pansy :P

if only zekrom looked like that. but now it just looks like a robo-frog.

also i think there should be a legendary unown. that looks like some weird hyrogliphic shape with an eye in the middle and is ??? type. (look at emperor leo from mischeif makers for an idea of what i mean)

flight
July 9th, 2010, 09:17 PM
also i think there should be a legendary unown. that looks like some weird hyrogliphic shape with an eye in the middle and is ??? type. (look at emperor leo from mischeif makers for an idea of what i mean)

I disagree. One of the concepts of adding a new type is at least to try to find something that resists it, has no effect, is super-effective, and does neutral damage. Unown is okay on it's own, and adding a new "???" type would pretty much mess everything up, in my opinion.

I think that the purpose of the "???" type is the emphasize that it has a dual purpose depending on the kind of Pokemon that uses it. As said in the description of the attack, when ghosts use it, they lay a curse on the opponent, although at the cost of at least 50% of their HP(and if they don't have sufficient HP, they end up sacrificing themselves to lay a curse on the opponent). On other Pokemon, however, it serves as a chance to increase bulk and offense, although at the cost of speed, which many Pokemon that learn this don't care about, anyway.

July 9th, 2010, 09:20 PM
I want another steel legendary, a fighting, a bug oh and a cool Poison one :)!

Forever
July 9th, 2010, 10:02 PM

Damn that is good. That would match Reshiram much better than what it is now. :(

i is nube
July 9th, 2010, 10:45 PM
they are both dragon types and zekrom is dragon electric, Reshiram is dragon fire. Zekrom is "the black yin" pokemon and reshiram is "the white yang" pokemon. obviously do to the fact that there black and white, and are the yin and yang pokemon that they are both based on the yin yang thing that the Japanese people have (the little black and white swirly circle thingy).

Oh and its also been confirmed that Reshirom's height is 3.2 Meters and weight is 330 kg and has an ability called turbo blaze

Zekrom's height is 2.9 meters, his weight is 345 kg and has an ability called tera voltage

and apparently their US names are the same as their Japanese names

July 9th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Well the tails do function as engines I think :)...

PokémonTrainerRuby
July 9th, 2010, 11:40 PM
I was disappointed with Zekrom's types.It's suppose to be how thunder clouds are dark,but isn't it much easier to just make it dark-type then to make up something like that!?

Haza
July 9th, 2010, 11:59 PM
I'm going back to the original theory that I originally brought to your attention. Industrialization and Naturalization... Black City and White Fortress? Make the connection.

IcyIce
July 10th, 2010, 05:07 AM
I love Zekrom,but I also like the other one. But Zekrom will probably be first one I get.

D3r Schatten
July 10th, 2010, 09:51 AM
im definatly buying whichever game has the epic looking black demonic dragon :P but thats just me and it has nothing to do with its type at all, it just looks cool XD

Jerme
July 10th, 2010, 10:26 AM
im definatly buying whichever game has the epic looking black demonic dragon :P but thats just me and it has nothing to do with its type at all, it just looks cool XD

if youre talking about that artwork, too bad, thats not it....instead it looks like a...ROBO FROG haha

XEL
July 10th, 2010, 02:51 PM
So uh... Reshiram has a feather between it's legs... um... At least we know he's a man, though.

TrainerShane
July 10th, 2010, 03:03 PM
The white one looks extremely uncomfortable, what with the hands and wings fused in such a way.

Guillermo
July 10th, 2010, 10:44 PM
The white one looks extremely uncomfortable, what with the hands and wings fused in such a way.
I completely agree. It looks kind of weird, to be honest. If it weren't for that, I'd prefer it over the black one. I'll get the black one though, since it hasn't got any deformations like the white one does.

Jerme
July 11th, 2010, 10:02 AM
I completely agree. It looks kind of weird, to be honest. If it weren't for that, I'd prefer it over the black one. I'll get the black one though, since it hasn't got any deformations like the white one does.

thats my problem with it. it has such a huge body but its freakin arm wings look like twigs compared to the body. but zekrom looks like a gigantic robo frog, especially from the backsprite. im still getting reshiram

Weavile05
July 11th, 2010, 11:15 AM
I don't know if I've said this or not I may have even said this on this thread but they need a bug type and a fighting type legendary. They don't have to be the main ones they just need to have them.

btw I'm getting pokemon white so I can get zekrom (assuming I have it right that that's the black one) I was going to get pokemon black but i really want zekrom.

keoni
July 11th, 2010, 12:52 PM
I wonder if there will be other legendaries..like side ones that arnt made specifically for main titles like in d/p with darkrai and shaymin and things of that nature...i cant decide which one i like more though about the 2 main ones....kinda leaning toward the black one tho.

SargeantMajorKururu
July 11th, 2010, 12:59 PM
I wonder if there will be other legendaries..like side ones that arnt made specifically for main titles like in d/p with darkrai and shaymin and things of that nature...i cant decide which one i like more though about the 2 main ones....kinda leaning toward the black one tho.

Of course there will be more legendaries!!!

I will be getting Reshiram because Zekrom is overrated. A evil black dragon? Of course everyone wants it. A white dragon with no arms and a feather that makes everyone think wrong but me apparently? Not as many people like that. =/

July 11th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Of course there will be more legendaries!!!

I will be getting Reshiram because Zekrom is overrated. A evil black dragon? Of course everyone wants it. A white dragon with no arms and a feather that makes everyone think wrong but me apparently? Not as many people like that. =/
Don't worry your not the only one who is not made to think wrong about the feather, I don't see it as wrong either :)
I like Reshiram...I wish I could get both like in GSHGSS...

Jasonpower
July 11th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Zekrom all the way.:rambo: He looks awesome and pretty sure that he is going to have an awesome signature move!

July 11th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Well most were saying they were getting Black until they saw the legendaries but a few people like me who didn't change based on the legends I was getting white whether it was the coolest looking mascot or not :)...wonder why so many people said they were getting Black :P

PoketalkCreator
July 19th, 2010, 11:55 AM
So, I hear people like Reshiram better because they say that Zekrom is just a rip-off of Palkia, but I like Zekrom just because it has a more epic feel to it. What are your opinions?

Owl
July 19th, 2010, 11:59 AM
I prefer Zekrom because it looks better :3

Agent Clank
July 19th, 2010, 12:05 PM
I like Reshiram better.
cause he is half Fire and he looks more awesome.

rocky505
July 19th, 2010, 12:05 PM
I could've sworn we already had a thread for this. But I like Reshiram from looks and it looked pretty cool in the 14th movie trailer.

Storm_has_formed
July 19th, 2010, 12:38 PM
i like Reshiram better partly because it is so awesome, and also because there is finally a fire/dragon type pokemon! It needed to happen

July 19th, 2010, 12:42 PM
I like Zekrom because it's epic looking but Rashiram also has it's good points :)

StratusJm
July 19th, 2010, 12:47 PM
reshiram i just love it although it does feel a bit... plain?

$moG878
July 19th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Zekrom's name is epic enough XD But i don't think Reshiram's aesthetics give it justice to represent dragon/fire, but then again i feel the same for Zekrom.

Typewise i think Zekrom should obviously be dark/dragon and Reshiram ghost/dragon.
I still think Reshiram has a more sinister glare to it, but Zekrom has a drill-butt ^-^

Volroc
July 19th, 2010, 12:53 PM
reshiram is a *** angellic dragon-wannabe which is an insult to all fire&dragon types >.>
worst possible design for a fire/dragon
it looks like a plum of ash was sneezed out a volcano

Zekrom is pure EPIC WIN, and he will definitely be a special heavy dragon unlike most dragons lately which are physical heavy
and hes got an air plane engine on his tail thats FAR more epic that a wad of booger ashes
plus it looks NOTHING like Palkia, and i LOVE Palkia so even if sumone shows me how, i still love Zekrom, Zekrom FTW!

solastalgia
July 19th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Zekrom, Reshiram looks like it has a tumor on its butt.

Noblebeastx
July 19th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Zekrom over Reshiram anyday due to the dam way it looks

Åzurε
July 19th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I like both, but Zekrom is my favorite. The tail-generator and everything just look really cool.

I for one welcome Reshiram's Awkward Feather Placement. The tail-torch is pretty neat.

Dillon_68
July 19th, 2010, 01:52 PM
They both kick arse, but I prefer Zekrom.

Jaiyke
July 19th, 2010, 02:00 PM
i like Reshiram better because it looks like a Wolf Dragon thing... and i like the color =D and it's feathers make me laugh =D
Zekrom to me looks too 'Mech-y' and i don't really like Mechas =\ pfft Mecha-Godzilla XD

MegaKuriboh
July 19th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Both are freakin awesome but I like Zekrom a little bit better

Kirbychu
July 19th, 2010, 02:05 PM
The lack of attention towards anatomy on Reshiram's wings, it's ugly design, the dick, and the weird hair make me choose the epic Zekrom.

Jaiyke
July 19th, 2010, 02:13 PM
i dunno Zekrom reminds me of a bit of MechaGodzilla and BlackWargreymon and a Metal Slowbro tail =P

and the fact that i just HAVE to Nickname Reshiram, Falcor XDDDD

KanadeTenshi
July 19th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Actually both resemble Palkia ripoffs.
Though I don't really care who wins or who's better. I like the black one better though.

G-Virus
July 19th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Zekrom. Just cause I like it's design.

Marx_Ultra
July 19th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Zekrom, all the way. It's got to be one of my new fave legendaries. I like Black over White, anyway. Besides, I think my bro would want Reshiram more then Zekrom. And did anyone notice that Zekrom almost has "chrome" in its name?

Corruptodile
July 19th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Zekrom. I just prefer it's 'advanced technology' feel over Reshiram's 'natural' design.

Kiri Berry
July 19th, 2010, 03:17 PM
I like Reshiram better. He is fluffy!!!

DeicideBlue
July 19th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Zekrom all the way! Zekrom: one second i have to change the batteries for my tail.

Omnis
July 19th, 2010, 03:31 PM
I like both, but I THINK I like Zekrom much more... that "appendage" that Reshiram has kinda ruined the image for me... If it didn't have that, they'd be about equal :3

As for typing, I don't see what is the big concern, Reshiram is Fire/Dragon (the tail looks a lot like a traditional fire torch. In traditional Chinese elements, Fire is considered a "Yang Element," as well, somewhat fitting for the "White Yang" Pokemon), and Zekrom is an electric type possibly due to the generator on its tail... and electric types are just awesome, like Zekrom x3... not really sure where it fits in with the Black Yin pokemon... but whatever xD

Åzurε
July 19th, 2010, 04:03 PM
I like both, but I THINK I like Zekrom much more... that "appendage" that Reshiram has kinda ruined the image for me... If it didn't have that, they'd be about equal :3

As for typing, I don't see what is the big concern, Reshiram is Fire/Dragon (the tail looks a lot like a traditional fire torch. In traditional Chinese elements, Fire is considered a "Yang Element," as well, somewhat fitting for the "White Yang" Pokemon), and Zekrom is an electric type possibly due to the generator on its tail... and electric types are just awesome, like Zekrom x3... not really sure where it fits in with the Black Yin pokemon... but whatever xD

Have you never heard somebody mimic an electric generator? They go, "yinnnnnnnnnnnn"

Also, when the tails light up they're Red Oni Blue Oni. Notice that Reshi's flames are decidedly red, rather than the red/orange/yellow combo the use for, say, Rapidash's flames.

Toshiro.
July 19th, 2010, 04:10 PM
I like Zekrom, his design is really cool.

Reshiram just looks wierd to me.

MiniM00se
July 19th, 2010, 04:19 PM
I like Zekrom better, but I still don't like either of them very much.

celebi72
July 19th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Zekrom FTW! he is so cool and he will own reshiram as long as he can learn earth quake

Tanaki
July 19th, 2010, 04:52 PM
I have to say I prefer Reshiram strongly over Zekrom. I've always had a strong preference for pokemon that have a more agile and aerodynamic aesthetic, and Zekrom falls into a very clear heavyweight division of pokemon, and he looks as though he wouldn't have the upper hand in a dogfight with his insufficient wings and bulky body. Reshiram just looks so much more graceful and agile.

Fydianceus
July 29th, 2010, 11:11 AM
I take ZEKROM. but his tail looks stupid...

Lady Gaga
July 29th, 2010, 11:16 AM
I like Reshirams design over Zekroms. Zekrom looks too bland, odd, and digital for my liking.

Legendmaster#1
July 29th, 2010, 12:21 PM
i like zekrom. hes more high tech looking and as far as i can remember, we havent had a good electric type legendary in a while.

Kaori
July 29th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Many might like Zekrom because of its dark look, but I prefer Reshiram. Reshiram isn't as bland and it has a beautiful look to it.
I don't "dislike" Zekrom, but I'd take Reshiram over it.

Legendmaster#1
July 29th, 2010, 04:36 PM
is that green cell pokemon considered a legendary?

chikorita125
July 29th, 2010, 05:11 PM
i can't really decide, the both look good but it is hard to choose from them.

Bay Alexison
July 29th, 2010, 08:02 PM
is that green cell pokemon considered a legendary?
You mean Rankurusu? No, it's isn't a legendary. The Pokemon is exclusive to Pokemon White, though.

Can't remember if I mentioned my thoughts on Reshiram and Zekrom yet. XD In either case, I like both of them, although I'm leaning towards Reshiram. It has this more graceful look to it and also I like it's much lighter colored design than Zekrom's darken one.

itshamtarotime
July 30th, 2010, 09:44 AM
pokemon grey???
the most motonous pkmn game in history lol

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
July 30th, 2010, 09:50 AM
I like Reshiram better. There's a certain air of elegance about it that Zekrom doesn't have.

ThisOrTheApocalypse
July 30th, 2010, 10:18 AM
These are some of the better legendaries i've seen, I like the Black one, but they're both really awesome.

myrrh25
August 3rd, 2010, 01:34 AM
I was all for buying Black version because I thought Reshiram was cool, but after seeing recent fanart and pictures of Zekrom, I'm leaning more towards White now...

Cobalt'Scizor
August 3rd, 2010, 02:00 AM
I was gonna buy Black cause of Zekrom but now I have to buy White for him, and I'm gonna buy Black as well because I like the name. :D

ares10
August 3rd, 2010, 05:50 AM
i think i'm going to wait for the combination of both i'll call it pokemon gray

Pochama95
August 3rd, 2010, 02:26 PM
I like Zekrom but I swear these legends look like greek gods. Smh i remember the simple legends from R/B/Y - R/S/E

dieter57
August 3rd, 2010, 02:41 PM
I like Zekrom but I swear these legends look like greek gods. Smh i remember the simple legends from R/B/Y - R/S/E

idk..... groudon is still the most epic pokemon ever. he seem like hes even more powerful then arceus.
and arceus is a god.
and theareticly, which is stronger?
God, or greek gods?
but anyhoooooo
i still love zekrom.

Gardenia101
August 3rd, 2010, 03:17 PM
Reshiram-
It reminds me of wind for some reason

Esmas
August 4th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Personally I like Reshiram better. I like the bird-like appearance xD; Zekrom looks like Greymon to me ;3

RaichuPwnsPikachu
August 4th, 2010, 07:16 AM
i like zekrom cause it looks very cool and i like electric types :) no seriously all i ever get is electric types

reshiram just reminds me of a horse idk why and i dont like its hair and I
HATE FIRE TYPES!!!!!!!!!

Charizardomination
August 4th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Zekrom only because reshiram has an extra wing coming out of its crotch. THey both are stupid but better than dialga and palkia.

August 4th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Well legendary pokemon have no gender so it's technically not a crotch...
Well I like the typing of Victrini :)

Volroc
August 4th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Zekrom only because reshiram has an extra wing coming out of its crotch. THey both are stupid but better than dialga and palkia.

-_- your stupid for callin the pokemon stupid,be grateful their makin more, seriously.

plus dialga& palkia werent stupid, best legends ever, but both got owned by giratina :P

-_- stop with the dirty lame jokes already people,it got old 10pages ago.

i like zekrom cuz its tail is a air plane engine, reshiram grows on me the more its horrible official artwork disappears in-game

Kaori
August 4th, 2010, 12:33 PM
-_- your stupid for callin the pokemon stupid,be grateful their makin more, seriously.

plus dialga& palkia werent stupid, best legends ever, but both got owned by giratina :P

-_- stop with the dirty lame jokes already people,it got old 10pages ago.

This.

To decide whether or not Zekrom and Reshiram will actually be better than Dialga, Palkia or any other legendary we've got see the moveset, the stats, ability, etc. Also, you can't say they're the worst or their "so horrible" because we need these details.

I prefer Reshiram's over Zekrom's design though. To me, Zekrom looks like a statue.

August 4th, 2010, 01:31 PM
When I saw Rashiram I thought of Lugia, and when I saw Zekrom I thought of Palkia :)
They are both equally nice, I hope we can get both in both games...

Legendmaster#1
August 4th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Well I like the typing of Victrini :)
What type(s) is Victini then?

August 4th, 2010, 02:44 PM
What type(s) is Victini then?
It's Psychic/Fire according to the leaks we got yesterday :)

Pandemonioum
August 4th, 2010, 04:38 PM
*Slow*

I noticed that 5th gen's legendaries pwn 4th ones:

Zekrom Dragon/Electric vs Palkia Dragon/Water = Palkia is Zekrom's *****!

Reshiram Dragon/Fire vs Dialga Dragon/Steel = Dialga is Reshiram's *****!

Now we need 3rd Dragon in 5th gen that makes Giratina it's ***** :P

August 4th, 2010, 05:36 PM
*Slow*

So will the third be Dragon/Dark :P?
though I hope it's Dragon/Ice though which will still beat Giratina whose the only one of the Sinnoh dragon trio weak against Ice :P

dieter57
August 4th, 2010, 05:45 PM
*Slow*

but gen 3 legends makes them ALL there *****!!!!

August 4th, 2010, 05:47 PM
but gen 3 legends makes them ALL there *****!!!!
I wish that was true but Kyogre is Water vs Palkia (Water/Dragon) isn't a good match for Kyogre...

dieter57
August 4th, 2010, 06:10 PM
rayquayza used draco meteor!
the foes palkia fainted!

and we all know it would happen.....

incognito322
August 4th, 2010, 07:08 PM
I like the symbolism associated with the legendaries in terms of the theme of the game. Reshiram represents the high pressure of the atmosphere, and it's secondary type fire is symbolic of the old way of getting energy. Zekrom represents the low pressure of the atmosphere, and the electric typing is suggestive of the new, modern way to get energy. Anyone else think their secondary types will have a major impact on the plot?

August 4th, 2010, 07:10 PM
I like the symbolism associated with the legendaries in terms of the theme of the game. Reshiram represents the high pressure of the atmosphere, and it's secondary type fire is symbolic of the old way of getting energy. Zekrom represents the low pressure of the atmosphere, and the electric typing is suggestive of the new, modern way to get energy. Anyone else think their secondary types will have a major impact on the plot?
I think the third will be Dragon/Ice the uppermost part of the Atmosphere...

incognito322
August 4th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Mmm-hmmm... so do I. But with games that have such contrasting features, I don't know how they'd mesh it in a 3rd version (not that there has to be one). Exclusive locations, appearances...

Oh yeah I just remembered Victini... XD. It doesn't have the typical appearance of a legendary, but that's just as cool 'cause it throws you off a bit. And I like the typing, Fire/Psychic is unique.

August 4th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Mmm-hmmm... so do I. But with games that have such contrasting features, I don't know how they'd mesh it in a 3rd version (not that there has to be one). Exclusive locations, appearances...

Oh yeah I just remembered Victini... XD. It doesn't have the typical appearance of a legendary, but that's just as cool 'cause it throws you off a bit. And I like the typing, Fire/Psychic is unique.
I think they will have both and add a third location...like three places in one ;)
Yeah I like it's combo too :D!

Azonic
August 5th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Ew @ the Dark one. Looks just like a Palkia + Lugia fusion to me.

I like the white one.

Charizardomination
August 5th, 2010, 07:12 AM
This.

To decide whether or not Zekrom and Reshiram will actually be better than Dialga, Palkia or any other legendary we've got see the moveset, the stats, ability, etc. Also, you can't say they're the worst or their "so horrible" because we need these details.

I prefer Reshiram's over Zekrom's design though. To me, Zekrom looks like a statue.
I only care about aesthetics to be honest.

Valrog
August 5th, 2010, 09:12 AM
they book look awesome. but im getting both.. cuzin getting black and im getting white :)

Legendmaster#1
August 5th, 2010, 06:12 PM
So far there are only these three? (correct me if I'm wrong)
Victini=Fire/Psychic
Zekrom=Dragon/Electric Epic Win
Reshiram=Dragon/Fire

incognito322
August 5th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Yup that's it so far. Unless the Master Document gives us more.

August 5th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Yup that's it so far. Unless the Master Document gives us more.
I'm hoping they do and that it turns out to be the third version's mascot :)

Migueliscool
August 5th, 2010, 09:46 PM
The black one reminds me of a monochrome Palkia....

Now that you mention it. I do see the resemblance :O

August 5th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Well I hope the other legends are as cool as Rashiram, Zekrom, and Victini :)

Arolu
August 6th, 2010, 02:10 AM
I like Reshiram for its cool sci-fi-robot look and Reshiram for its classic-dragon look.
Although, I'm suprised by Reshirams type as it's never been done before. Can anyone work out what it will be strong/weak/immune against?

incognito322
August 6th, 2010, 03:54 AM
Look at it's typing and you tell me.
UM LET'S SEEEE: Rock, Ground, Dragon *all I can think of atm*

And I'm pleased with all three of these type combos, as none of them has ever been done before.

StratusJm
August 6th, 2010, 04:05 AM
Look at it's typing and you tell me.
UM LET'S SEEEE: Rock, Ground, Dragon *all I can think of atm*

And I'm pleased with all three of these type combos, as none of them has ever been done before.

Reshiram will be:

Weak to:
Rock (2x)
Ground (2x)
Dragon (2x)

Resistant to:
Fire (4x)
Grass (4x i think)
Electric (2x)
Bug (2x)
Steel (2x)

Immune to:
Nothing

Neutral to:
Water
Normal
Psychic
Dark
Ice
Fighting
Poison
Ghost
Flying

Legendmaster#1
August 6th, 2010, 04:14 AM
We haven't had a dragon and fire type yet? I guess your right. That's so weird. I love Zekrom because the last time we had a Electric type Legendary (not Arceus) was when? Jhoto?

Update: We had Rotom last gen.In one of the handbooks it says it's legendary.I also consider it legendary because of its power,typing,forms,and the way you obtain it.

MistahDude
August 6th, 2010, 04:19 AM
We haven't had a dragon and fire type yet? I guess your right. That's so weird. I love Zekrom because the last time we had a Electric type Legendary (not Arceus) was when? Jhoto?

Last electric legendary I can remember was Raikou.

incognito322
August 6th, 2010, 04:21 AM
I like Zekrom because of its unusual combo. I mean most Dragon-types can learn flamethrower/fire blast, but not all of them learn Electric-type moves.

orange discontent
August 6th, 2010, 04:37 AM
Both of them are ugly and robotic, all though Palkia and Dialga look worse :(

JP
August 6th, 2010, 05:53 AM
Both of them are ugly and robotic, all though Palkia and Dialga look worse :(

There's absolutely nothing that looks robotic about Reshiram lol.

orange discontent
August 6th, 2010, 06:00 AM
There's absolutely nothing that looks robotic about Reshiram lol.

Still, it looks cumbersome.

Ryu-kun
August 6th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Reshiram would be even more epic, if it were in a more natural position... It looks kinda constipated xD

Legendmaster#1
August 6th, 2010, 10:27 AM
We have never had a Legendary Electric type as a cover Pokemon.

dieter57
August 6th, 2010, 04:41 PM

Update: We had Rotom last gen.In one of the handbooks it says it's legendary.I also consider it legendary because of its power,typing,forms,and the way you obtain it.

rotom is not legendary because you can breed it.
it's just super rare.

August 6th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Though rotom is based on a Legendary creature but so is Froslass :)

Gymnotide
August 6th, 2010, 10:21 PM
I drew a Zekrom because he's the most badass guy around.
I dumped him somewhere here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=226963

Anyway, Zekrom > Reshiram any day.

Victini's new attack sounds stupid. "Burn until nothing is left" is what it's called.

August 6th, 2010, 10:28 PM
I drew a Zekrom because he's the most badass guy around.
I dumped him somewhere here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=226963

Anyway, Zekrom > Reshiram any day.

Victini's new attack sounds stupid. "Burn until nothing is left" is what it's called.
Nice pic :), Yeah well I hope they change the english name for it ;)

Forever
August 6th, 2010, 10:31 PM
I wish Zekrom was fire, cause... I like fire-types and PC destroyed any hope I had in Reshiram. D: Oh well, I'll live.

1000th!

August 6th, 2010, 10:40 PM
I wish Zekrom was fire, cause... I like fire-types and PC destroyed any hope I had in Reshiram. D: Oh well, I'll live.

1000th!How did Pc destroyed any hope you had in Reshiram?

Forever
August 6th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Well... the...appearance of the fur, I guess, on the front part of its body. Yeah. Either way, in the end I plan on getting White anyway, so I have no choice to have Zekrom. XD;

August 6th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Well... the...appearance of the fur, I guess, on the front part of its body. Yeah. Either way, in the end I plan on getting White anyway, so I have no choice to have Zekrom. XD;
Well that doesn't bother me :), I would get Black if White wasn't my original choice of the two :)

JeXsus™
August 6th, 2010, 10:52 PM
My choice would be Black because fire is my favorite type so having a Fire/Dragon type Pokemon would be awesome to me. Reshiram will be mine!

Forever
August 6th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Maybe there will be another Fire/Dragon one day! ...I hope.

Either way we can get the other one in the third game, I also hope. XD;

JeXsus™
August 6th, 2010, 11:10 PM

I hope so too! Another Fire/Dragon is what I need. My two favorite typing's.

That's if they make a 3rd game. I hope they do. ^_^

GlitchCity
August 7th, 2010, 06:00 AM
I am so late on this stuff, havent posted in like forever. Im just going to give my feeback on them for now. Well the legendaries are pretty epic, urbanized if you look at it. Zekrom runs on pure electricity, and Reshiram runs on fossil fuels lol. Their typing got me thinking. Reshiram, a fire and dragon type, and Zekrom, an electric and dragon type. This sounds kinda familiar; fire and electric. The only thing thats missing is the ice (or water) type. Im going to take a wild guess and say that the possible 3rd legendary could be a ice and dragon type. Im pretty sure someone here already stated that but I just wanted my input :]

Im so siked to see the 3D cutscenes of the legendaries

Legendmaster#1
August 7th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Will we ever have a Poison Legendary? Or at least a poison-dragon Type?

flight
August 7th, 2010, 06:05 PM

With the apparent rumour that the third legendary is a green-ish looking cobra, I sorta doubt it.

Will we ever have a Poison Legendary? Or at least a poison-dragon Type?

If there would ever be a poison legendary, I'd appreciate it if it would at least have a secondary type. It wouldn't be that much of a powerful legendary if it was a solo poison type. x_x. Granted, it may or may not have more weaknesses, but its definitely worth the STAB gain and the such that it might get.

Xander Olivieri
August 7th, 2010, 06:28 PM
We honestly don't even know if there will be a third. This set was set up based on Ying and Yang which only include two colors, White and Black. Zerkom and Reshrim represent Technology and Nature. Electric being the main source of energy for Tecnology base and Fire being the main source of energy nature based.

The two don't leave room for a third party to join in. So this looks like it'll be like Gold and Silver which only had two main legends. And I hope that it is kept like this. If a Third comes out, and we are still 100 years too early to talk about such a thing, then the legend will be one that is in the game but isn't that important to the earlier set like how Suicune was in Gold/Silver/Crystal relation.