PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Zorua
August 7th, 2010, 06:38 PM
We honestly don't even know if there will be a third. This set was set up based on Ying and Yang which only include two colors, White and Black. Zerkom and Reshrim represent Technology and Nature. Electric being the main source of energy for Tecnology base and Fire being the main source of energy nature based.

The two don't leave room for a third party to join in. So this looks like it'll be like Gold and Silver which only had two main legends. And I hope that it is kept like this. If a Third comes out, and we are still 100 years too early to talk about such a thing, then the legend will be one that is in the game but isn't that important to the earlier set like how Suicune was in Gold/Silver/Crystal relation.

The Technology/Nature thing isn't confirmed yet, so we can't be so sure. Also, electricity and fire are both nature. Fire is also a source for technology too, so only using electricity as our only source seems a bit silly to me. That and well, electricity is not man-made at all. I mean, we can't make lightning come out of our underpants or anything of that sort, so we just utilize it. Same thing with fire, so there's little difference.

There could be a third legendary, and there most likely is. I mean, it happened with D/P/Pt, so it'll probably happen with this generation, too.

Jerme
August 7th, 2010, 07:06 PM
We honestly don't even know if there will be a third. This set was set up based on Ying and Yang which only include two colors, White and Black. Zerkom and Reshrim represent Technology and Nature. Electric being the main source of energy for Tecnology base and Fire being the main source of energy nature based.

The two don't leave room for a third party to join in. So this looks like it'll be like Gold and Silver which only had two main legends. And I hope that it is kept like this. If a Third comes out, and we are still 100 years too early to talk about such a thing, then the legend will be one that is in the game but isn't that important to the earlier set like how Suicune was in Gold/Silver/Crystal relation.

you just don't get the point. It's all about making money!!!

Legendmaster#1
August 9th, 2010, 03:46 PM
So the Green Cell pokemon and the Celestial Body pokemon aren't really Legendaries?

StratusJm
August 9th, 2010, 03:54 PM
So the Green Cell pokemon and the Celestial Body pokemon aren't really Legendaries?

where on earth did you get that idea?

Legendmaster#1
August 9th, 2010, 04:30 PM
They are unique to each game and they kinda look like Legendaries?

Forever
August 9th, 2010, 04:32 PM
...no, they are not legendaries. XD;

The only known legendaries are Reshiram, Zekrom and Victini at the moment.

Zorua
August 9th, 2010, 06:54 PM
And I've just had a sudden though of how Team Plasma would attempt to capture Reshiram and Zekrom and how that ties in with the whole medieval feel, so I'm quite stuck there.

Naruto Uzumaki
August 9th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I like Zerkrom better, but I'm probably going to get both B&W.

Legendmaster#1
August 10th, 2010, 02:16 PM
...no, they are not legendaries. XD;

That stinks. In case nobody has noticed, i kinda LOVE Legendaries. Even puny worthless ones (Yay Rotom!). I have also noticed all Dragon types except Rayquaza are based on European dragons, not Asian dragons which don't have wings and are more serpentine. I think it's weird because these games are Japanese.

Forever
August 14th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Hmm I thought Reshiram was based on the Asian firelighters, or crackers, or something? -recalls Gym posting something along those lines-

dieter57
August 14th, 2010, 04:42 PM
That stinks. In case nobody has noticed, i kinda LOVE Legendaries. Even puny worthless ones (Yay Rotom!). I have also noticed all Dragon types except Rayquaza are based on European dragons, not Asian dragons which don't have wings and are more serpentine. I think it's weird because these games are Japanese.

sadly, rotom is not a legendary because it can breed.

and i share your observation with the dragon pokemon.
except for kingdra which is a sea dragon (only 3 specieces exsist in the world) i think there is a species of sea dragon in ausralia and i think there might be one in japan.

Dragonika
August 15th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Reshiram looks more epic in my opinion but what it all comes down to is strength saying that I think Zekrom looks more likely to win in a battle .

DarkDragonn
August 15th, 2010, 06:38 PM
I like both of the legends, but reshiram looks more appealing to me

Sora's Nobody
August 16th, 2010, 09:12 PM
I like them both, but In a way i think Zekrom looks really really EPIC. But im still a bit undecided.

Legendmaster#1
August 19th, 2010, 06:54 PM
sadly, rotom is not a legendary because it can breed.

In one of the handbooks it says Rotom is a Legendary.

The Red Chain
August 19th, 2010, 07:14 PM
The official Pokemon website stated that Rotom is not a legendary.
I assume Rotom was meant to be legendary originally.. making sense out of it having the legendary battle theme. But they changed their minds in the long run.

Anyway, back on 5th gen legendary topic.
I like Victini a lot but the only thing that bugs me about him is this :

"It create infinite energy inside it's body. It can transfer this energy by touching another Pokemon or human."

Rough translation of Victini's Pokedex entry. Now that to me sounds a lot like Azelf.
Infinite energy = Willpower. Azelf can also share his infinite willpower with other beings. Pretty much the same dealio if you ask me. Reshiram is my favorite of the two beasts. I think the fact he's white with blue eyes is what's making me love him more. I never did like the color black. :x

Åzurε
August 19th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Makes me think Ho-Oh/Lugia/Celebi. Now where's our Suicune/Raikou/Entei?

The only resemblance it bears to a legendary Pokemon is that it's a one-per-file scripted encounter. And the fact that there's a bit of talk about it. True legendary Pokemon cannot breed, and, generally if not all the time, have higher base stats than Rotom.

The Red Chain
August 19th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Makes me think Ho-Oh/Lugia/Celebi. Now where's our Suicune/Raikou/Entei?
Nooooo! 3 is finee, don't jinx it! ;__;
The last thing we need is more legendaries after Sinnoh. D:

Zorua
August 19th, 2010, 07:38 PM

As long as the legendaries are pretty badass, I don't care.

...Okay actually, I do care. Just try and not make it too many legendaries. I just love the legendary soundtracks and want to hear more of them. ;__; the only reason for not caring about the number of legendaries.

Forever
August 19th, 2010, 07:45 PM

...but it's kind of tradition to have a legendary trio. Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno & Entei, Raikou, Suicune & Regirock, Regice, Registeel & Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie.

So it's sort of expected. :x

orange discontent
August 19th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Next month's CoroCoro:

150+ new Pokemon in Isshu!
30 are legendaries!

:p

The Red Chain
August 19th, 2010, 07:48 PM
...but it's kind of tradition to have a legendary trio. Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno & Entei, Raikou, Suicune & Regirock, Regice, Registeel & Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie.

So it's sort of expected. :xTradition can be changed. Afterall, the standard Gym buildings have changed and have become completely different from each other.
But Nintendo does get carried away with legendaries, so I honestly don't doubt there will be a trio.. but I hope not. :x

Kaori
August 19th, 2010, 07:51 PM
It would be nice if Black and White kept only a few amount of legendaries. This makes legendaries more special and keeps the "legend" of them keep carrying on. Their little tradition I don't mind, and as long as they don't overly have legendaries to keep the game up to catching a challenge to make it more 'interesting', I'm fine. However, Black and White does seem to be having a fresh start so we're going to have to find out when the time comes.

Moreover it will always be good for the legendaries to have their strong stats, strong. A good challenge is needed; and that's what everyone wants these days. xD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
August 19th, 2010, 08:22 PM
There is a rumor that there are 16 legendaries...2 more than Sinnoh introduced...

Lance
August 19th, 2010, 09:20 PM
There is a rumor that there are 16 legendaries...2 more than Sinnoh introduced...

Thats a bunch.. personally i dont mind more of them. as long as they're cool and not overly thought out, i mean we dont need more god pokemon, we have arceus already, plus groudon/kogre were considered deities too, but idk.

Forever
August 20th, 2010, 02:26 AM
It would be better if the amount of legendaries matched up more with generation 1, rather than have a large amount of legendaries. If this is really a new start (and with Pokemon similar to generation 1, as well as other things, too) then it might be likely. For now I'm just not going to believe in the rumours, since... I'd rather it this way.

TheNewRocketMovement
August 20th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Instead of a legendary trio, I'd like to see Nintendo introduce four legends, each representing a different season, It would also be interesting if each legend could only be obtained during its season. I know Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres were influenced by seasons, but I'd love to see four Wolf like Pokemon as legendaries, here's my prediction:

Spring: Grass / Summer: Fire / Autumn: Ground / Winter: Water
I'd love to see this, mostly because with the above types each Pokemon has a type advantage over the one that comes before it and a type disadvantage to the one that follows it to represent how seasons replace each other.

Jaiyke
August 20th, 2010, 03:04 PM
hmm i was hoping this generation the legendary trio would be powerful bug legends
honestly i would have more respect for bug types if there was 3 uber ones ^^

dieter57
August 20th, 2010, 04:01 PM
that's a lot.
why would anybody need that many legends?

Haowakeorden
August 20th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Instead of a legendary trio, I'd like to see Nintendo introduce four legends, each representing a different season, It would also be interesting if each legend could only be obtained during its season. I know Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres were influenced by seasons, but I'd love to see four Wolf like Pokemon as legendaries, here's my prediction:

I'd love to see this, mostly because with the above types each Pokemon has a type advantage over the one that comes before it and a type disadvantage to the one that follows it to represent how seasons replace each other.
You know, that's actually a really good idea to have legendary Pokémon correspond to seasons, since the new seasons feature is being emphasized.

On another note, I've never really noticed the presence of more legendary Pokémon as the games have progressed. I've never thought that there were "too many". But I'll see what happens with the amount of legendary Pokémon in Generation V.

Kaori
August 20th, 2010, 09:15 PM

I second this idea. It would be good for the notice of seasons. Since seasons will be a main support for this game; seasonal legendaries could be a fresh new twist in the game.

As for the main mascots, before I never really liked Zekrom all that much since to me it's kind of bland being a dull black, but now it's starting to rub off on me. I still prefer Reshiram since it looks like an angel. xD;

Droidz
August 20th, 2010, 09:34 PM
I prefer Reshiram over the other one. The other one looks like a different colored Palkia.

Khrysta
September 11th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Not a full Month yet. Please don't shut this down TTwTT

I think this best goes here.

Reshiram and Zekrom were made to be a pair. I know everyone cept myself wants them to be part of a Trio, but thanks to the newest scan leaks I find this extremely hard to believe, moreso than before.

Facts:
Reshiram and Zekrom represent Yin and Yang. This is shown by their Species names Reshiram the White Yang and Zekrom the Black Yin Pokemon.

They represent Naturalism vs Industrialism. Reshiram is the Naturalism, Being the personification of Fire and it's tail resembling an old style Torch. While Fire is still used in modern day, Fire is attainable and usable through natural means. Its easy to create and harness. Electricity, while considered Natural, is more of a symbol of industrial progress. Electricity cannot be harnessed through natural ways. We have to use Machines to create and harness the power of electricity.

Cross Flame and Cross Thunder can be used against and relate to each other. If Zekrom is hit by Cross Flame, then his Cross Thunder becomes more powerful. If Reshiram is hit by Cross Thunder its Cross Flame becomes more powerful.

These Pokemon were designed as a Duo, they are pitted against each other while similar to another set that works this way, these seem to mainly be involved with just each other unlike the other set that had similar abilities that benefited themselves rather than the opponent.

~Partly off topic~ If the Dragon/Ice is involved with these two then its their master at best.

Resultz
September 19th, 2010, 01:23 AM
dont know if this goes here, but Reshiram/zekrom's catch rates are higher than Dialga/Palkia; 45

Choroneko
September 19th, 2010, 01:50 AM
I Prefere Reshiram even though Zekrom looks cooler, I still like Reshiram better :).

PlatinumDude
September 19th, 2010, 05:18 AM
dont know if this goes here, but Reshiram/zekrom's catch rates are higher than Dialga/Palkia; 45
I found that fact surprising. Now they're just as easy to catch as Mew/Shaymin are. I'm happy about this because I can spend less time sitting there and watch Reshiram/Zekrom break out of almost every Ultra Ball I throw at them.

Naruto Uzumaki
September 19th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Does anyone think that Victini will be strong? I mean it looks like a gerbil thing :/

Massai
September 19th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Anyway, back on 5th gen legendary topic.
I like Victini a lot but the only thing that bugs me about him is this :

"It create infinite energy inside it's body. It can transfer this energy by touching another Pokemon or human."

Rough translation of Victini's Pokedex entry. Now that to me sounds a lot like Azelf.
Infinite energy = Willpower. Azelf can also share his infinite willpower with other beings. Pretty much the same dealio if you ask me. Reshiram is my favorite of the two beasts. I think the fact he's white with blue eyes is what's making me love him more. I never did like the color black. :x

You're honestly reaching here. You seem to do it in most your posts, that I've seen, a little dramatic, but I digress. A major theme we've seen in B/W is energy. Reshiram's tail is a torch and Zekrom's is an electric turbine. Looking at Victini's typing, Psychic/Fire, well, it's pretty much the perfect representation of personal and mental energy. Also, I leave you with a definition of willpower;

1. the ability to control oneself and determine one's actions

2. firmness of will

The definition of Will is to long to post here, I'll leave a link, check for the noun.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/will (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/will)

As for my favorite, well, Zekrom is my home boy from the mascots, and after have seen the Dragon/Ice, thats not going to change, but I have a big ol soft spot for Victini, and I think I'm gonna like the little bugger a lot.

Lance
September 19th, 2010, 03:29 PM
You're honestly reaching here. You seem to do it in most your posts, that I've seen, a little dramatic, but I digress. A major theme we've seen in B/W is energy. Reshiram's tail is a torch and Zekrom's is an electric turbine. Looking at Victini's typing, Psychic/Fire, well, it's pretty much the perfect representation of personal and mental energy. Also, I leave you with a definition of willpower;

2. firmness of will

The definition of Will is to long to post here, I'll leave a link, check for the noun.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/will (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/will)

As for my favorite, well, Zekrom is my home boy from the mascots, and after have seen the Dragon/Ice, thats not going to change, but I have a big ol soft spot for Victini, and I think I'm gonna like the little bugger a lot.

And you seem to like to take other people's opinions apart and push your own upon them, so lets call it even.

What Chain meant is that the flavor text and data given about Azelf and Victini are similar, Azelf is the embodiment of Willpower and has the ability to inspire/create it in human beings, and Victini can also transfer energy/power to other Pokemon and people. And I wouldnt call a Fire/Psychic pokemon the perfect representation of mental/personal energy. Personal energy would entail that the energy comes from a person, not an outside chemical reaction. Fire as an energy source can he harnessed though, if thats what you meant.

Although I prefer Zekrom to Reshiram, on typing, design, etc, Ill have to put up with Reshiram as i want Black version. (For Wargle. :3)

The Red Chain
September 19th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Also, I leave you with a definition of willpower;

2. firmness of will

As for my favorite, well, Zekrom is my home boy from the mascots, and after have seen the Dragon/Ice, thats not going to change, but I have a big ol soft spot for Victini, and I think I'm gonna like the little bugger a lot.Willpower = Mind. Energy = Body. I got that already, but thanks.
However, when you have willpower at mind, it applies to your body in the same way energy would. When you have willpower, you have motivation, and thus energy to complete your task. Willpower is a drive just like energy is. All of this is my opinion anyway, I never once said you had to believe it. :3 To me, it is the same deal. If you don't agree that's alright, you're entitled to your opinion like I am mine ; but you don't have to be so pushy about it. If I sounded pushy about my opinion I apologize, it was not my intention.

ManhattanTheStarr
September 19th, 2010, 03:48 PM
For the two legends, I say Zekrom is better. It has a more fierce design, and I love its unique typing (Dragon/Fire was expected ages ago). I also LOVE how it uses blue electricity instead of the typical yellow. :B

Massai
September 19th, 2010, 05:49 PM
And you seem to like to take other people's opinions apart and push your own upon them, so lets call it even.

What Chain meant is that the flavor text and data given about Azelf and Victini are similar, Azelf is the embodiment of Willpower and has the ability to inspire/create it in human beings, and Victini can also transfer energy/power to other Pokemon and people. And I wouldnt call a Fire/Psychic pokemon the perfect representation of mental/personal energy. Personal energy would entail that the energy comes from a person, not an outside chemical reaction. Fire as an energy source can he harnessed though, if thats what you meant.

Although I prefer Zekrom to Reshiram, on typing, design, etc, Ill have to put up with Reshiram as i want Black version. (For Wargle. :3)

Please, continue to make assumptions about what people mean by their words instead of allowing them to continue their point. I was unaware that a challenge to one's statement was no longer an invitation discourse. Also, as far as pokemon types are related, I cannot personally think of a better type combination than psychic/fire to represent personal/mental energy. The thermal energy created by the body is key to survival, as well as throwing out the old adage, "Fire in the belly."

Willpower = Mind. Energy = Body. I got that already, but thanks.
However, when you have willpower at mind, it applies to your body in the same way energy would. When you have willpower, you have motivation, and thus energy to complete your task. Willpower is a drive just like energy is. All of this is my opinion anyway, I never once said you had to believe it. :3 To me, it is the same deal. If you don't agree that's alright, you're entitled to your opinion like I am mine ; but you don't have to be so pushy about it. If I sounded pushy about my opinion I apologize, it was not my intention.

Not pushy at all, I may have been a little overly snappy in my comment. To much negativity going around aimed towards the newest generation. With further explanation, I certainly see what you mean, drawing the comparison between the two and how one can lead to the other.

Lance
September 19th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Please, continue to make assumptions about what people mean by their words instead of allowing them to continue their point. I was unaware that a challenge to one's statement was no longer an invitation discourse.

^ Your response to Chain could in turn be interpreted as such.

Well true, but the body also emits electrical energy that powers basic function, Synapses that fire in the brain, nerve responses, stuff like that.

The Red Chain
September 19th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Well to me Fire/Psychic, especially in a Pokemon like Victini, does represent physical and mental balance somewhat to me. Red is the most physical of all the colors, and fire contains plenty of red in it. The phrase "the fire within" represents great will to do something, and thus results in physical activity to achieve it. Being psychic is being in-tuned with your mind to a greater amount than normal, and being able to control it.

It's a harmonious combination. :3

fenyx4
September 22nd, 2010, 12:11 AM
Does anyone know if the abilities of Reshiram and Zekrom are Mold Breaker clones or have less/greater functionality than Mold Breaker?

And exactly why can't either of these yin/yang Dragons learn Earthquake, yet this puny little guy can? And this cub doesn't even have a TURBINE TAIL OF DOOM!
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e9/216Teddiursa.png

(Even more embarrassing for Zekrom, considering he comes with a built-in drill that should be able to do some devastating damage underground...)

...On the positive side, their signature moves, Blue Flame and Lightning Strike, are going to decimate foes (and will make their "Cross" relatives redundant/inferior...)

Gavrillo_AK
September 22nd, 2010, 07:20 AM
Please, continue to make assumptions about what people mean by their words instead of allowing them to continue their point. I was unaware that a challenge to one's statement was no longer an invitation discourse. Also, as far as pokemon types are related, I cannot personally think of a better type combination than psychic/fire to represent personal/mental energy. The thermal energy created by the body is key to survival, as well as throwing out the old adage, "Fire in the belly."

Not pushy at all, I may have been a little overly snappy in my comment. To much negativity going around aimed towards the newest generation. With further explanation, I certainly see what you mean, drawing the comparison between the two and how one can lead to the other.
Wow, people, stop arguing about pokemon, it's sad.

Forever
September 22nd, 2010, 07:24 AM
Your comment wasn't really necessary, considering the discussion ended two days ago on a positive note.

fenyx4
September 26th, 2010, 06:58 PM
I'm still surprised that neither Reshiram (727.5 lb) nor Zekrom (760.6 lb) can learn Earthquake; they're the only legendary mascots unable to do this. :cer_disbelief:
Even Ho-oh can learn it (http://veekun.com/dex/gadgets/compare_pokemon?pokemon=ho-oh&pokemon=reshiram&pokemon=zekrom) at 438.7 lb... I figured the move should be standard for most of the large/massive Pokemon... The move even makes more sense with Zekrom, since a drill is integrated into its design which, IMO, tends to evoke the earth/digging.
Zekrom can't even learn Dig, for that matter... :cer_pissed: I didn't know that Diglett was that beastly, being able to outclass legendaries like that...

And on another note, Zekrom can't even learn Drill Liner! Either my eyes are playing tricks, or there is clearly (http://veekun.com/dex/gadgets/compare_pokemon?pokemon=zekrom&pokemon=doryuuzu) a difference seen in drill size:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/81/644Zekrom.pnghttp://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/227/c/1/Doryuuzu___pre_5th_Gen_card_by_FlamingClaw.jpg

Sorry about the "rant" if it comes off like that...I know there tend to be inconsistencies in moves regarding different Pokemon, but the aforementioned errors are excessively glaring, IMO. Especially Zekrom regarding Dig and Drill Liner. Even a few past-gen Pokemon can learn Drill Liner such as Rhydon, yet the new Pokemon (legendary, no less) with its most prominent feature being a drill cannot...

PlatinumDude
September 26th, 2010, 07:23 PM
I'm still surprised that neither Reshiram (727.5 lb) nor Zekrom (760.6 lb) can learn Earthquake; they're the only legendary mascots unable to do this. :cer_disbelief:
Even Ho-oh can learn it (http://veekun.com/dex/gadgets/compare_pokemon?pokemon=ho-oh&pokemon=reshiram&pokemon=zekrom) at 438.7 lb... I figured the move should be standard for most of the large/massive Pokemon... The move even makes more sense with Zekrom, since a drill is integrated into its design which, IMO, tends to evoke the earth/digging.
Zekrom can't even learn Dig, for that matter... :cer_pissed: I didn't know that Diglett was that beastly, being able to outclass legendaries like that...

And on another note, Zekrom can't even learn Drill Liner! Either my eyes are playing tricks, or there is clearly (http://veekun.com/dex/gadgets/compare_pokemon?pokemon=zekrom&pokemon=doryuuzu) a difference seen in drill size:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/81/644Zekrom.pnghttp://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/227/c/1/Doryuuzu___pre_5th_Gen_card_by_FlamingClaw.jpg

Sorry about the "rant" if it comes off like that...I know there tend to be inconsistencies in moves regarding different Pokemon, but the aforementioned errors are excessively glaring, IMO. Especially Zekrom regarding Dig and Drill Liner. Even a few past-gen Pokemon can learn Drill Liner such as Rhydon, yet the new Pokemon (legendary, no less) with its most prominent feature being a drill cannot...
I think the reason why Zekrom can't learn Drill Liner is because its tail is meant to resemble an electrical turbine, which has a different function compared to a drill. Why Reshiram and Zekrom can't learn Earthquake is beyond me.

Jerme
September 26th, 2010, 08:26 PM
probably because they would kill each other, having fire and electric as types

fenyx4
September 26th, 2010, 08:36 PM
probably because they would kill each other, having fire and electric as types

Oddly enough, I never thought of that! (I was thinking that version mascot Legendaries tend to learn Earthquake, so the Yin-Yang Duo should be able to as well.)
Well, all the more reason why Reshiram and Zekrom should learn Earthquake - both of them are able to maintain balance by keeping their counterpart in check with a super-effective move! :cer_nod:

Still disappointed about Zekrom having Dig+Drill Liner withheld, though...

Jerme
September 26th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Oddly enough, I never thought of that! (I was thinking that version mascot Legendaries tend to learn Earthquake, so the Yin-Yang Duo should be able to as well.)
Well, all the more reason why Reshiram and Zekrom should learn Earthquake - both of them are able to maintain balance by keeping their counterpart in check with a super-effective move! :cer_nod:

Still disappointed about Zekrom having Dig+Drill Liner withheld, though...

...they still got dragon type moves lol.

fenyx4
September 26th, 2010, 09:55 PM
...they still got dragon type moves lol.

Yeah...but not signature Dragon moves, though, like Generation IV's dragon trio had... (fanon, but I regard Draco Meteor Meteoric Swarm as Giratina's signature move, since the other two were variants of pre-existing moves as well. That, and the "swarm" part {from the move's original fan-submitted name, IIRC} implies "bug/insect", which Giratina can evoke with its six legs {hexapedalism?} and threatening appearance... A stretch, I know.) And Dragon keeps itself in balance by default, regardless...

But still, aside from Dragon-type moves, I think Earthquake is the most powerful move that both Reshiram and Zekrom theoretically could have learned to keep each other in check with a super-effective move, and tie more into the yin-yang/balance theme... (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MissedMomentOfAwesome) *sighs* :\

Corruptodile
September 27th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Zekrom is superior. I don't care if Reshiram can hit everything neutral and hits Steel super effectively, nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, beats the blue lighting.

ShyRayq
September 27th, 2010, 05:00 PM
zekrom is ok.... reshiram is ok....
i dont actually care bout legendaries except the final one >.>
i mean, victini 000? wtf
that is messed up for sure! also white fire and black lightning
so in the end, all the legendaries are of a variety of wierd/strange/random

yoyoma724
October 11th, 2010, 01:57 PM
So uhh maybe it's just me, but does anyone notice anything kind of weird about the mascots for black and white? Like they look like they FIT together just a bit too well? Like they have something in common, except opposite? (Aside from their color, of course.) Y'know what I'm getting at?

Kaori
October 11th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Since this thread is already discussing the mascots, I merged the two together.

The mascots are supposed to have some similar things in common though. I don't see how they go too far off within appearance, but that's just my opinion. I like their designs; their "flow" I suppose you can say, is what makes me like them the most aside from their competitive battling style. Reshiram has a subtle and calm appearance while Zekrom is moreover a fierce nature. n_n

123wert50
October 11th, 2010, 02:31 PM
I really think they are pretty decent. Lol.

kohei
October 11th, 2010, 06:51 PM
So uhh maybe it's just me, but does anyone notice anything kind of weird about the mascots for black and white? Like they look like they FIT together just a bit too well? Like they have something in common, except opposite? (Aside from their color, of course.) Y'know what I'm getting at?
After all, the mascot dragons were originally one dragon, according to the mythology in Pokemon BW.

They split in two to help two brothers who were at war with each other.
One helped the brother who fought for steady growth, while the other helped the brother who fought for rapid advancement.

rocky505
October 11th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Blue fire> Blue Lightning by a long shot.

Ricochet Orange
October 11th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Blue fire> Blue Lightning by a long shot.

But neither have blue fire. :p

rocky505
October 11th, 2010, 08:08 PM
This shows Reshiram does pack blue flames. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Blue_Fire_(move)

umbreon_4_life
October 14th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Reshiram. Definitely. I knew I was getting Black even before they showed the legendaries! =)