PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Åzurε
May 28th, 2010, 08:42 AM
This thread is for discussion of only Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram, discussion of other legendaries belongs here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=231853), because they were released at a later date.
For clarification:
Reshiram is only obtainable in Black Version, whereas Zekrom is only obtainable in White Version.
That oughta do it.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/6/60/494Victini.png/481px-494Victini.png
http://i46.tinypic.com/10ptu2e.png

What'cha think? The white one is Reshiram, and the black is Zekrom. The black one reminds me of a monochrome Palkia...

UPDATES:

I've added Rukario's pictures of the individual Pokemon to thumbnails.
Both Pokemon are apparently Dragon-type. No word on if they'll have another type or what it would be.
Zekrom may possibly be part Electric type, but as of yet it's still unconfirmed.
Zekrom is definitely Elec/Dragon, and Reshiram is now confirmed as Fire/Dragon.
For the last time, Zekrom=White, Reshiram=Black!

dieter57
May 28th, 2010, 08:45 AM
yes! epic win! but now i don't know which game to bye. maybe i'll just get both.

lynds
May 28th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Cool. I agree with you the black one also reminds me of Palkia..

Åzurε
May 28th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Right now, I'm going for whichever one has the black one (So White? [No, Black {Nope, White}]). I like the mother-of-pearl type thing going on with Reshi's bands.

shot571
May 28th, 2010, 08:48 AM
zekrom for the win. these arent too bad

Okami Chi
May 28th, 2010, 08:49 AM
This is 100% real?! They look so awesome! Didn't get to check the update today, so if it is real: 10/10! :D

SolarAbusoru
May 28th, 2010, 08:50 AM
I instantly fell in love with them

dieter57
May 28th, 2010, 08:50 AM
does anyone else here think with the new legends that they are gona make any new types?

i'm hoping for a light type. badly.

Agent Clank
May 28th, 2010, 08:51 AM
I am getting Reshiram.
There both so Awesome!
I cant wait to see what kind of Special Attacks they can do :)

The Doctor
May 28th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Whoah they look awesome.

The white guy looks like Epicness in a bowl

Blue_Drifblim
You can also go to the US Pokemon site to see them.

Sage Harpuia
They are very cool... but I think I prefer I like more the white one, even if it has the arms fused with the wings...it's a bit weird.

Erick
May 28th, 2010, 08:55 AM
I'm choosing Zekrom. It's an epic win.

dieter57
May 28th, 2010, 08:56 AM
i can't wait to see how they incorporate them into the story line!
what are there meaning?
what is there types?
why them?

Rich Boy Rob
May 28th, 2010, 08:58 AM
:O they are so sexy. I've no idea which one I like better, though I'm thinking possibly Zekrom (despite the jet turbine it appears to have on it's tail XD). They're just both so damned awesome!

EDIT: What typings do you think they'll be? I'm thinking either Psychic/Dragon, Flying/Dragon or Psychic/Flying for Reshiram and either Dark/Dragon, Steel/Dragon or Dark/Steel.

Pyrax
May 28th, 2010, 09:00 AM
But what's with the their tales? O.o
They DO resemble digimon a bit.

The Doctor
May 28th, 2010, 09:00 AM
A sound type would be cool.

Erick
May 28th, 2010, 09:01 AM
In japanese site, there are 4 videos. 3 videos of the starters, and one of the city. Those videos are new.

Okami Chi
May 28th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Doesn't the black one look like a Gundam Wing mixed with Palkia?! Really it does!

Åzurε
May 28th, 2010, 09:02 AM
But what's with the their tales? O.o
They DO resemble digimon a bit.

Feh, a little bit. But then, they all do these days, don't they? <_<

The tail on Zekrom kind of says "Slowbro".

Lanturnista
May 28th, 2010, 09:02 AM
The black one... ugh. Just ugh. Sorry, but it looks ugly to me.

The white one, however, is AWESOME. <3 I may have a new favorite Legendary pretty soon.

Lanturnista
May 28th, 2010, 09:04 AM
I think it would be nice to have a Light-type. But seeing as Gens III and IV had no new types, I doubt it.

Zeph.
May 28th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Holy crap! :O I think I just jizzed!

Zekrom looks like Dark/Steel to me. Hopefully Reshiram is the first pure flying type. :D

The Doctor
May 28th, 2010, 09:05 AM
I think one or maybe two types will be brought out. Pokemon really have covered most.

Light - A Light Eeveelution
Sound - Whismur

Åzurε
May 28th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Holy crap! :O I think I just jizzed!

Zekrom looks like Dark/Steel to me. Hopefully Reshiram is the first pure flying type. :D

I'd search "Made of win" on Google images for you, but I'm not up to it. Pure flying, Pure flying, Pure flying...

Swift!
May 28th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Ok, I've made my decision. I'm going to get White version. Zekrom FTW!

Okami Chi
May 28th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Dark Steel would get pwned. Even though I do have to agree with the type. The other looks Normal Flying. Maybe psychic flying. Also reminds me of Lugia. Could be a Spec. Deff/Deff Wall. or Spec. Attacker. The other one looks like Attack Speed or Attack Deff.

Usagi-Chan~
May 28th, 2010, 09:08 AM
I'm getting both, and it's already been dated for America in spring 2010:

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=125108

EDIT: On topic though, I love them both!!! x3

dieter57
it would be awesome if reshiram was light type and zekrom was dark.

Kenshin5
:O they are so sexy. I've no idea which one I like better, though I'm thinking possibly Zekrom (despite the jet turbine it appears to have on it's tail XD). They're just both so damned awesome!

EDIT: What typings do you think they'll be? I'm thinking either Psychic/Dragon, Flying/Dragon or Psychic/Flying for Reshiram and either Dark/Dragon, Steel/Dragon or Dark/Steel.
This is what I thought as well the tails looks like jet engines. Maybe they will have a new type "Light" type and the white pokemon will represent that type. I kind of doubt that though.

Kai Yamato
May 28th, 2010, 09:09 AM
They look like Yu-Gi-Oh monsters. o_O

Sage Harpuia
May 28th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Two things: there is already a thread like this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=218894
second: light type is covered by psychic (and the white legend look like a psychic type to me);
sound "exist": some moves have the sound (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sound)factor, and for this the ability of wishmur stops them.

Ryden
May 28th, 2010, 09:14 AM
I think I like the White one more, there something about it that makes me think "pretty" The black one look like it has a Slowbro tail >_>

Lanturnista
May 28th, 2010, 09:20 AM
I think I like the White one more, there something about it that makes me think "pretty"
Exactly what I thought, the second I saw it. It's very pretty. <3 I have a feeling it'll end up being female.

dieter57
but we wood like to actually have a "sound and light type" not factors of each.

Masterge77
Personally, they look way too Digimon like (especially with season 6 coming next month, seriously, the black one looks like freaking BlackWarGreymon mixed with Palkia), and Dragon mascots again, we can't have two dragon trios, we already have Dialga/Palkia/Giratina. Also they revealed their english names on the english site first, when it's Japan that announces the new Pokemon first, not the States, if these are the engish names, then they should have revealed the english names for the already known Gen V Pokemon, Zorua and Zoroark will, like most movie centered Pokemon, likely have the same names in english, the starters however..... well, did you know that Piplup was originally going to keep it's Japanese name for the english versions of Diamond and Pearl, seriously, I'm not lying at all, they actually planned this in the early stages of the games translation ("Piplup" is an ugly name anyways, I like "Pochama" better, seriously, doesn't "Piplup" sound gay to you.....), so as long as they give the starters decent names

Now just watch, they proabably will show these two at the end of this weeks Pokemon Sunday, and then in next months CoroCoro (possibly with other gen 5 Pokemon, I doubt it really, unless Pokemon Sunday reveals shilloutes this week as well)

They're nothing of what I expected, I was expecting along the lines of a Kitsune and a Tanuki, with a Nekomata (Twin tailed Cat) for the third version, now I will have to recolor my concepts and add them to my fangame in progress......

Liraxus
May 28th, 2010, 09:21 AM
To start off, i fell in love with these things from the start, and i cannot wait till the official sprites are revealed, but still, i think Pokemon is running out of ideas, still, you NEVER know, Pokemon might surprise us yet with the minor Legends.

Sage Harpuia
May 28th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Looking carefully at them I guess:
-for reshiram: psychic, psychic-dragon, psychic-flying, psychic-steel
-for zekrom: dark, dark-dragon, dark-flying, dark-steel :)

Elise
May 28th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Reshiram all the way for me! I love how he has the spikes but also a flowing ... uh.. thing coming from the head. And I think white is really cool, very plain but the did spice it up with the shinys on the rings around his neck. I like him a lot. ^_^ I'm even more excited for B/W to come out now!!!

Dillon_68
May 28th, 2010, 09:30 AM
LOVE the legendaries! I like how the white legendary is in Black Version and vice-versa, nice change of pace. Not to mention that white on white and black on black look weird.

Ian Watkins
May 28th, 2010, 09:32 AM
I think I have to get the game with that sexy looking White one now. God, they lok pretty awesome.

giorgos
May 28th, 2010, 09:33 AM
i think that the legendarie will be like that Reshiram for (Pokémon Black Version) and Zekrom for (Pokémon White Version)

Timbjerr
May 28th, 2010, 09:36 AM
How amusing.

When Zoroark was revealed a couple months back, the reaction was very mixed, and when the starters were revealed earlier this month, the reaction was mostly negative. But with these two, the reaction is almost unanimously positive. I'm wondering why. From where I'm sitting, there's barely any difference in quality between the seven known GenV pokemon (I personally think they're all pretty cool), yet the reaction si different every time there's an unveiling. XD

Rukario
May 28th, 2010, 09:36 AM
here are the legendaries in a clean, bigger image:

Noah Ridgewood
May 28th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Reshiram is nice looking... but Zekrom, what in the world is that?

institutions
May 28th, 2010, 09:41 AM

EDIT: On topic though, I love them both!!! x3

Arghhh. Damn your typo.
I read 'Spring 2010' and got VERY excited.
Then I clicked on the link and saw Spring 2011.
FDFGSSDF.

These guys look amazing. Definitely getting Black version.

Lanturnista
May 28th, 2010, 09:44 AM
here are the legendaries in a clean, bigger image:
Thank you. I was looking for something like that.
*saves Reshiram picture* <3

HunterX101
May 28th, 2010, 09:45 AM
AMazing...those are just amazing.. Cant wait definitly getting White now. Thid finalized it..

Diabolico
May 28th, 2010, 09:47 AM
OMG, Are these two new legendaries for real? Where in the world did Rukario find them? =o

Myles
May 28th, 2010, 09:48 AM
I was leaning towards White, but thought I'd have to wait for the legendaries to decide. And Zekrom is so cool, so I guess White after all.

Although the Black legendary on the White version is a bit weird, I mean what's white about the game then? I guess we'll find out eventually.

giorgos
May 28th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Reshiram for black and Zekrom for white.so i am gonna buy white :D

Lanturnista
May 28th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Thanks for that post I learnt alot
You're welcome. I'm glad you did.

Also, can someone tell me why Reshiram is the Black mascot and the other one is the White mascot? It makes no sense to me. o-o

POKEMONMASTER260
May 28th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Computers, anyone? Hmm...

EDIT: Also, Reshi = Rashi; Ezekiel = Zek

Lornami
They look like Yu-Gi-Oh monsters. o_O

Blue Eyes White Dragon, Red Eyes Black Dragon? xD;

I like the White one. : )
The only thing I don't like about big crazy legendaries is the face they must always be off on a rampage about something. But they wouldn't be big legendary beasts unless they were feared. Mah.

Åzurε
Although the Black legendary on the White version is a bit weird, I mean what's White about the game then? I guess we'll find out eventually.

That's just it. It's a contrast. Not only in the actual color, but a metaphorical contrast to the themed naming and mascots of the rest of the series! Brilliance!

Ryden
May 28th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Exactly what I thought, the second I saw it. It's very pretty. <3 I have a feeling it'll end up being female.
I am too actually lol, and even if its not I will be naming as if it were one anyways

Rich Boy Rob
May 28th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Personally, they look way too Digimon like (especially with season 6 coming next month, seriously, the black one looks like freaking BlackWarGreymon mixed with Palkia), and Dragon mascots again, we can't have two dragon trios, we already have Dialga/Palkia/Giratina. Also they revealed their english names on the english site first, when it's Japan that announces the new Pokemon first, not the States, if these are the engish names, then they should have revealed the english names for the already known Gen V Pokemon, Zorua and Zoroark will, like most movie centered Pokemon, likely have the same names in english, the starters however..... well, did you know that Piplup was originally going to keep it's Japanese name for the english versions of Diamond and Pearl, seriously, I'm not lying at all, they actually planned this in the early stages of the games translation ("Piplup" is an ugly name anyways, I like "Pochama" better, seriously, doesn't "Piplup" sound gay to you.....), so as long as they give the starters decent names

Just so you know, I'm pretty sure every legendary (apart from I think Heatran) has the same name in Japanese as in every other language.

As did I from you.

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Definitely know Im sticking with black version now! If this is real then Zekrom looks amazing! I guess it's dark/steel?

Timbjerr
May 28th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Just so you know, I'm pretty sure every legendary (apart from I think Heatran) has the same name in Japanese as in every other language.

Heatran's Japanese name was Hiidoran, so it's basically the same name, just a more Americanized spelling.

Also, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf are the only legendaries to have changed named in different regions. :P

Myles
May 28th, 2010, 09:58 AM
@Azure: But the only thing they're contrasting with is the colour on the box, unless there's something white in-game. Normally the legendaries are pretty much the only connection to the version name, so there's now no connection at all (that we know of).

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 10:01 AM

Now just watch, they proabably will show these two at the end of this weeks Pokemon Sunday, and then in next months CoroCoro (possibly with other gen 5 Pokemon, I doubt it really, unless Pokemon Sunday reveals shilloutes this week as well)

They're nothing of what I expected, I was expecting along the lines of a Kitsune and a Tanuki, with a Nekomata (Twin tailed Cat) for the third version, now I will have to recolor my concepts and add them to my fangame in progress......

Ummm, well yes something along the lines of Kitsune and Tanuki would have been cool but these are fine too. A twin-tailed cat...ehhhh...I don't know what to thikn of that. Zekrom sort of resembles a digimon but come on, you gotta give them props for the design (it's not too bad on either of them if you ask me).

Hmm, I don't see why you're making a big commotion about the names. Yes Japanese names usually come before English, yada yada but who is to say that these names won't be the ones that are shared in both Japan and the English-speaking world? I mean they don't have the change the names all the time.

Looking carefully at them I guess:
-for reshiram: psychic, psychic-dragon, psychic-flying, psychic-steel
-for zekrom: dark, dark-dragon, dark-flying, dark-steel :)

I like those combos. Dark/dragon and dark/steel would work best for Zekrom and Psychic/Dragon and maybe Psychic/Steel for Reshiram.

Cool. I agree with you the black one also reminds me of Palkia..

Yeah with it's posture, but other than that I really don't see a resemblance. If you just looked at Reshima from its head and disregarded everything else it looks like a wolf IMO.

The black one... ugh. Just ugh. Sorry, but it looks ugly to me.

The white one, however, is AWESOME. <3 I may have a new favorite Legendary pretty soon.

Though I don't agree with you I went back up to look at them and thought...hmm, the white one seems to be the 'good-er' of the two while Zekrom appears to be some type of demon that could rival Arceus.

shengar
May 28th, 2010, 10:08 AM
More type means more difficulty to balance them. Even with some current type is too weak and some is too strong. I think change some Pokemon type instead of creating a new type is way better.

Zebeedoo
May 28th, 2010, 10:10 AM
I love Reshiram! It's so elegant and purty. <3

shengar
May 28th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Their design is more a digimon than a pokemon. Its look cool, but somehow it also lose the charm that usually a pokemon have.
I'm kind of disappointed, since i'm expecting a bug type legendary

Late
May 28th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Better first look than with the starters (but I like them too).
Dunno yet which one I'm getting.

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 10:21 AM
I just went to PokeBeach..and it appears what I said above 'about Zekrom being in pkmn black' isn't true! Reshiram is in black and Zekrom is in white...dumb me :/

Contrary to their color schemes, Reshiram is Pokemon Black's mascot while Zekrom is White's. The Japanese site also revealed that the games will be released in September whereas the English website stated we will see their release in Spring 2011 for America. Those are some awesome-lookin' legendaries - they kind of look like angels.

http://pokebeach.com/

Oh well, Reshiram is still cool (starting to look better than Zekrom to me :D) and I'm still getting black version.

Edit: Does anyone wonder why they chose Reshiram for black and Zekrom for white? Maybe it has something to do with the story?

Madam Cheezy
May 28th, 2010, 10:24 AM
I agree completely ('ecpt for the bug legendary) with shengar.

Imo, they're too digimon-esque, and seem to be lacking the charm and originality of previous games. It almost seems like they're catering only to the male audience too...I know females are a small percent of who plays, but still. And, as per usual, one will probably be psychic.....'cause, of course, we cant get away from that for too long. :\

I hope the game itself makes up for these two, and for the grass starter....>.<

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 10:28 AM
I agree completely ('ecpt for the bug legendary) with shengar.

Imo, they're too digimon-esque, and seem to be lacking the charm and originality of previous games. It almost seems like they're catering only to the male audience too...I know females are a small percent of who plays, but still. And, as per usual, one will probably be psychic.....'cause, of course, we cant get away from that for too long. :\

I hope the game itself makes up for these two, and for the grass starter....>.<

Ahhh they'll grow on you. I find a lot of people have a lot of criticism for them--while still loving them of course--but after awhile that all goes away. Like when I first saw Palkia and Dialga I thought they were.....weird. Still loved them though and stared at 'em almost every day until the games came out in the US if I remembered to :D.

shot571
May 28th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Ive gotten hope now that the starters may be better now. Looking at these guys apart from the white ones hands are pretty much flawless imo. I really like these two. the black one is on par with mewtwo in terms of my favourite. Maybe theyve but the black one in white to show harmony or someething? :s

Liraxus
May 28th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Hmm...

The White one looks like a fusion of Lugia,Ninetails,Palkia, and Slowbro when ya look at it, anyone agree?

GoldvsRed
May 28th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Okay, now I'm not so sure which version I'm getting! I planned on getting White, but Zekrom looks awesome... Because it looks like a ROBOT. Reshiram has a really angelic appearance, which goes great with the helix-shaped tail. Maybe I'll just save up enough money to get both... Or maybe Game Freak will finally let you catch both Legendaries in the same game, ala Gold and Silver. Good luck with that...

Myles
May 28th, 2010, 10:34 AM
They could be Light/Flying and dark/Flying. Or if that bothers you/otherwise they might be Normal/Flying and dark/Flying.

And I think the only reason they look 'like digimon' is because they are unfamilar. I mean the Gen IV legendaries really looked like digimon originally.

RyanGT
May 28th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Zekrom looks like an absolute beast! I'll be getting the Black version for sure.

Thanks for posting these.

DXrobots
May 28th, 2010, 10:35 AM
they look like Lugia and palkia I'll be getting the Dark one I guess

Myles
May 28th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Guys:

Zekrom = White Version
Reshiram = Black Version

Maybe you could mention that in the first post Azure, to avoid the confusion.

Erick
May 28th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Zekrom looks like an absolute beast! I'll be getting the Black version for sure.

Thanks for posting these.

Ehem, Zekrom will be White Version.

Xephyr
May 28th, 2010, 10:38 AM
I SERIOUSLY hope the white one isn't just another psychic type legend. The psychic type is getting old on legendary Pokemon <_<

shengar
May 28th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Ahhh they'll grow on you. I find a lot of people have a lot of criticism for them--while still loving them of course--but after awhile that all goes away. Like when I first saw Palkia and Dialga I thought they were.....weird. Still loved them though and stared at 'em almost every day until the games came out in the US if I remembered to :D.
Maybe they'll grow on me somehow(like the Dragon Trio and Arceus. thanks to Pokemon Adventure manga to grow it on me), but that doesn't mean Pokemon have to lose their unique charm. What must i do if Pokemon in latter generation somehow become indistinguishable to Digimon? just like I said its cool for the eyes but not enough charm

Rich Boy Rob
May 28th, 2010, 10:39 AM
[COLOR=#4169e1]Oh well, Reshiram is still cool (starting to look better than Zekrom to me :D) and I'm still getting black version.
[/quote]
I have to admit, Reshiram is definitely growing on me aswell :D. Though I'll probably still get White as I had originally intended. Oh well I still have plenty of time to change my mind.

[COLOR=#4169e1]Edit: Does anyone wonder why they chose Reshiram for black and Zekrom for white? Maybe it has something to do with the story?
[
It's could just to make them contrast the background more, as a white Pokémon on a white box wouldn't be the greatest art choice.

Also to those that are saying they look a little too much like Digimon, is that really such a bad thing?

billi1000
May 28th, 2010, 10:40 AM
WOWWW!!! i would kill for a dragon/dark type right now :D, anyways the looks of this brings back a very recurring topic in mind that is "is there going to be a light type?" which is haunting me everytime i look at reshiram, so its zekrom 4 now, and btw many are confusing which mascott is in which game, zekrom is in white and reshiram is in black (right?:P)

Nuke
May 28th, 2010, 10:41 AM
I was going to buy the one with the better legendary.

Don't have a clue what to do now.

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Ive gotten hope now that the starters may be better now. Looking at these guys apart from the white ones hands are pretty much flawless imo. I really like these two. the black one is on par with mewtwo in terms of my favourite. Maybe theyve but the black one in white to show harmony or someething? :s

I think it has something to do with yin & yang. If so then black and white's storyline will definitely be the most interesting we've had since the beginning of pokemon.

Madam Cheezy
May 28th, 2010, 10:43 AM
The gen 4 legendaries still havent grown on me yet. I'm waiting for the right trade to get rid of them.

The white one might actually be sort of buggy now that I look at it......it's butt looks like an ant's rear end.

Edit: I meant the one on the white box, not the white pokemon itself. -.-

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Ehem, Zekrom will be White Version.

Because of this do you thikn people will move in favor of white version now? Like it seemed like black was gonna be the top dog this gen, but with Zekrom on white that might change.
What do you guys think of the box art? I love the simplicity of them:
http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/series/bw/#/product

Maybe they'll grow on me somehow(like the Dragon Trio and Arceus. thanks to Pokemon Adventure manga to grow it on me), but that doesn't mean Pokemon have to lose their unique charm. What must i do if Pokemon in latter generation somehow become indistinguishable to Digimon? just like I said its cool for the eyes but not enough charm

Hmm, well you have a point and yes they somewhat resemble digimon (Zekrom more than Reshiram to an extent) but I'm sure once the games come out and we know their moves, the stories behind them, and their stats their 'resemblance' to digimon will start to fade in most of our minds. They appear to be sort of Angelic pokemon which may be a reason to why they resemble Digimon (or have influences from Angemon?) Pokemon losing its charm imo seems to be an opinion that varies from person to person.

shot571
May 28th, 2010, 10:50 AM
i preffered ones with more art. like Hg. I hope they improve it.

Madam Cheezy
May 28th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Maybe it's like Romulus and Remus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romulus_and_Remus

shengar
May 28th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Hmm, well you have a point and yes they somewhat resemble digimon (Zekrom more than Reshiram to an extent) but I'm sure once the games come out and we know their moves, the stories behind them, and their stats their 'resemblance' to digimon will start to fade in most of our minds. They appear to be sort of Angelic pokemon which may be a reason to why they resemble Digimon (or have influences from Angemon?) Pokemon losing its charm imo seems to be an opinion that varies from person to person.
Maybe that because i'm heavily influenced by both Generation I, II. It just recently that Pokemon got more and more man shaped Pokemon and material/thing based Pokemon(which many digimon does). I'm in that hope Ken Sugimori got his touch back from generation I, II, III.

abood321
May 28th, 2010, 11:14 AM
I think the black one is dragon/dark type and the white one psychic/flying.
They both look cool, but I will choose the white version.

solaris knight
May 28th, 2010, 11:25 AM
YES! The Legendaries are both Epic in design! I am definitely getting the version with Zekrom in it. It seems they're based around Light and Darkness.

Zekrom's could be Dark/Dragon or Dark/Steel or Fighting/Dragon.
As for Reshiram...Most likely part flying due to its feathers, maybe Psychic, though we already have a Psychic/Flying Legend as a version mascot, so maybe not...Other possibilites for either of its types are Normal or Ice. Not much else could fit...
Ghost has a small possibility for either, though.

Edit: Took a while, but it finally hit me that they could be based around Angels and Demons.

Dr. Faustus
May 28th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Ugh, seriously? Sure, they look cool, but they're probably going to be Dragon type. More Draconic Legendaries? No thanks. My Weavile doesn't need more work/

SpawnHyuuga
May 28th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Well assuming Zekrom is the black one, and that the black one will be in Pokemon Black. and also considering that Black is my favorite color....I think it's obvious which game I will be getting...Pokemon White! jkjk - no seriously, Pokemon Black ftw! XD

Akatsuki no Tenshi
May 28th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Wooow the white one looks uber awesome, it's just amazing...It should be an ice type, because Ice is epic n.n

webemperor
May 28th, 2010, 11:32 AM
They are Awesome.I'm sure I will buy them both XD

PokemonLeagueChamp
May 28th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Has this been confirmed? Cause they look sorta fake, especially the Black Palkia-looking one.

EDIT: NVM this is on Serebii. It's real, alright.

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 11:34 AM
I think the black one is dragon/dark type and the white one psychic/flying.
They both look cool, but I will choose the white version.

The dark should be dark/steel (dark/dragon okay..but not as good). If Zekrom is Dark/steel then I predict it will have higher atk/def Reshiram will more than likely have a higher speed/sp.atk/sp.def if psychic/flying. Basically just like in D&P one will have higher atk/def than the other and the other higher sp.atk/sp.def.

Sidenote: Reshiram being psychic/flying would be ideal but for some reason I see psychic/dragon or if lucky a pure flying type or psychic/steel more appealing.

Mongo
May 28th, 2010, 11:35 AM
The white one isn't horrible, but the black one is ugly. Don't care for either of them.

560cool.
May 28th, 2010, 11:35 AM
These are weird and complicated ...
But, I still like 'em ! :)
These are two Pokemon of a design we've never seen before ! I'm most definetly looking forward to the next updates !
Also, it's quite odd : www.pokemon.com (http://www.pokemon.com) , the american site, already announced the games ... lol, isn't it a little bit too early ?

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Well assuming Zekrom is the black one, and that the black one will be in Pokemon Black. and also considering that Black is my favorite color....I think it's obvious which game I will be getting...Pokemon White! jkjk - no seriously, Pokemon Black ftw! XD

Zekrom will be the mascot for pokemon white and Reshiram pokemon black. http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/series/bw/#/product

I think you meant you're getting white now huh? D:

LethalTexture
May 28th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Look too similar to palkia to me. I refreshed Serebii earlier and thought that as soon as I saw them.

Still, I guess they'll grow on me. Having said that, I loved the Gen IV box art legendaries straight away. =/

umbreon_4_life
May 28th, 2010, 11:37 AM
I'm getting Black Version for sure! I really love the white Pokemon, but I'm not so crazy about the black one... XD Spring 2011...

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 11:38 AM
YES! The Legendaries are both Epic in design! I am definitely getting the version with Zekrom in it. It seems they're based around Light and Darkness.

Zekrom's could be Dark/Dragon or Dark/Steel or Fighting/Dragon.
As for Reshiram...Most likely part flying due to its feathers, maybe Psychic, though we already have a Psychic/Flying Legend as a version mascot, so maybe not...Other possibilites for either of its types are Normal or Ice. Not much else could fit...
Ghost has a small possibility for either, though.

Edit: Took a while, but it finally hit me that they could be based around Angels and Demons.

Hmm yes i forgot about ghost. Reshiram could fit as a ghost type imo. Ghost/flying and dark/steel? Weird combo but different :D.

kabigon
May 28th, 2010, 11:39 AM
I must say, I am pleased with these legends. They are certainly better looking than Dialga, and Palkia. Now I have some real excitement for black and white.These guys look badass enough to remnind me of mewtwo and his badassness

Haza
May 28th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Can you say Blue-Eyes White Dragon & Red-Eyes Black Dragon!

I Love them but now I feel forced to get White version to get Zekrom. I can;t imagine what type Rezhram is though... maybe pure Dragon?

LethalTexture
May 28th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Hmm yes i forgot about ghost. Reshiram could fit as a ghost type imo. Ghost/flying and dark/steel? Weird combo but different :D.

If the past is anything to go by, both of them will be at least part Dragon type. I'd be willing to bet my house on this being true. Please don't quote me on that. ;D

560cool.
May 28th, 2010, 11:43 AM
It might be cool, our new legendaries already seem uber different than any other Pokemon we've seen so far ...

Yamikarasu
May 28th, 2010, 11:47 AM
These legendaries are awesome. They are definitely a lot more "epic," if you know what I mean. It's the same reaction I felt when I saw Dailga and Palkia for the first time: legendary Pokemon are starting to look less and less cuddly. And that is only a good thing. :D

EDIT: HOLY BALLS! Did they reveal something to the US/Western countries before they revealed it in Japan??? WOW. Check out the (english) Pokemon.com (http://www.pokemon.com/blackwhite/en/).

Haza
May 28th, 2010, 11:47 AM
I seriously don't see the white one being anything other than Light-Typed! (I still have hope)

LethalTexture
May 28th, 2010, 11:49 AM
It's possible that they could introduce the Light-type, of course, but you have to remember that the Dark and Steel-types weren't introduced in Gen II as a means of expanding the game, they were created to counteract the way overpowered Psyhic-type in Gen I.

Lua
May 28th, 2010, 11:55 AM
oh wow EPIC i can just imagine the white one taking off and zooming away like a jet plane, hehehehehehe. i like the black fellows body<mewtwo much> but as for his face..looks like he hit a couple of walls..

yai they're amazing my faith is restored...

Yamikarasu
May 28th, 2010, 11:57 AM
I'm thinking that based on Reshiram, the introduction of the light type is a very serious possibility.

Who else is freaking out over this update? "An all new adventure!" Do you realize what this must mean? :D Something other than collecting 8 badges!!! I have impossibly high expectations for these games now.

Oh yeah, and thanks Globalization for revealing these to the west the same time they were revealed in Japan.

Mew~
May 28th, 2010, 12:02 PM
OMG OMG, I like em both!!!! WHICH ONE SHOULD I GET?!??!!?!?
I guess i'll buy both games instead! :)
Reshiram looks superawsome... lts like a sorta mix of an angel and a beast! Zekrom looks utterly big and ultra mega awsome too!!!!

Looking at Reshiram there might be a high chance of there being a light type... though they could just make it a flying type :\ Lol..

LethalTexture
May 28th, 2010, 12:04 PM
I'm thinking that based on Reshiram, the introduction of the light type is a very serious possibility.

Who else is freaking out over this update? "An all new adventure!" Do you realize what this must mean? :D Something other than collecting 8 badges!!! I have impossibly high expectations for these games now.

Oh yeah, and thanks Globalization for revealing these to the west the same time they were revealed in Japan.

Don't take it literally, they're going to say things like that in order to hype up the games. They're not likely to change the formula now, as it appeals to established fans while remaining simple and easy to follow for new audiences.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it etc etc etc.

Wurmple
May 28th, 2010, 12:04 PM
the black one's tale reminds me of an airplane engine, like the ones on the wings of the plane

SpawnHyuuga
May 28th, 2010, 12:06 PM
What the f------------------?

Oh well, now it definitely seems racist. Why does the 'White' version get the badass Pokemon? XD

Regardless, here is a conversation that I recorded.

Guy 1: So yeah, Pokemon is lyk so gay, right?
Me: You really should check out the legendaries of the new Generation.
Guy 2: MEWTWO is so BADASS, that he will beat anything ever made, by Nintendo, Game Freak, or that guy who coined "nine-thousand."
Me: *shows them legendaries*
Both: O.O

solaris knight
May 28th, 2010, 12:08 PM
The reason Dark and Steel type were introduced was so they could balance the game (remember how beastly Psychic type was in Gen I?)

Porygon Z
May 28th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Reshiram reminds me Garchomp, I don't know why :D

Anyway, Zekrom FTW \m/

shookie
May 28th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I love, love, love these mascots. They look like mecha statues with aircraft engines for tails. I also like that they switched which mascot goes to which one (Reshi goes with black, Zek goes with white), it's a nice contrast.

Haza
May 28th, 2010, 12:12 PM
This is the best region yet in my honest opinion. Awesome Starters, and now these phenomenal Legends. Anyone still have any doubts? also, they remind me of an angel dragon and a devil dragon... or like I said earlier, Blue-Eyes White Dragon and Red-Eyes Black Dragon from Yu Gi Oh.

D0NEGAN
May 28th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Zekrom looks awesome changed my mind completly about getting pokemon black first, i'm getting white version :D

Yamikarasu
May 28th, 2010, 12:14 PM
They're not likely to change the formula now, as it appeals to established fans while remaining simple and easy to follow for new audiences.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it etc etc etc.

I could rant (and trust me, I have) about how the fact they haven't changed the formula since the days of Red and Blue is the single greatest flaw with the entire series. I am 100% sure that even the most die-hard of fans, like myself, will grow tired of the same thing eventually, no matter how great. If I were to give an analogy, I would say it's like a drug addict chasing their first high. Eventually, you're going to need to move onto harder drugs. ;)

And besides, if they don't give a something different (and I'm not saying they need to do away with traveling around the region collecting gym badges, just that they should put a significant spin on that plot line), then they're outright lying, aren't they?

HugSomebody
May 28th, 2010, 12:14 PM
To me, these legendaries are a little oddly formed. They look proud and powerful like legendaries should but I don't have a bias for either one yet. Once we learn more about them, they'll probably grow on me a little more. xD

Haza
May 28th, 2010, 12:19 PM
I could rant (and trust me, I have) about how the fact they haven't changed the formula since the days of Red and Blue is the single greatest flaw with the entire series. I am 100% sure that even the most die-hard of fans, like myself, will grow tired of the same thing eventually, no matter how great. If I were to give an analogy, I would say it's like a drug addict chasing their first high. Eventually, you're going to need to move onto harder drugs. ;)

And besides, if they don't give a something different (and I'm not saying they need to do away with traveling around the region collecting gym badges, just that they should put a significant spin on that plot line), then they're outright lying, aren't they?

Oh my God... I have never been able to say it like that... thank you for this haha! So true.

Myles
May 28th, 2010, 12:20 PM

You could say that if they said it about HGSS. But no, new region = new adventure. It might get a 'spin', but don't get your hopes up.

Also, I don't personally mind the whole gym thing, the team, new places, etc. make up for it. I mean, are Zelda fans sick of eight dungeons per game (more or less). The gyms are just the occasional boss battle intermitent throughout the adventure.

LethalTexture
May 28th, 2010, 12:20 PM

I agree that people will get bored eventually. There's been five generations that follow the same idea, and generations will continue to spawn as long as there is an audience and people will buy.

It depends in what context the adventure is "all-new". Because, in the most literal sense, it is. New region, new Pokémon, in the game way that every generation after the first was an "all-new adventure". So in that sense then, they would not be lying. How many times have you seen other products/companies use the same technique to sell new things?

Esper
May 28th, 2010, 12:23 PM
I didn't think they'd take the color theme so literally.

And I don't see why half of everyone thinks they're dragons. Well, I do - it's wishful thinking - but I don't see how they look anything like dragons. Zekrom looks like Mewtwo to me and Reshiram has a sort of mammalian face.

I like the weird turbine/insect abdomen/whatever they are tails.

LegendaryPichu
May 28th, 2010, 12:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxH8eyCS2lQ

Surprisingly none of you have watched the new gameplay. Other than me lol.

Haza
May 28th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Also, with this being revealed on Pokemon dot com, we can finally stop hearing how the the version names will change here in the US... YASSSS!!

pichuspark
May 28th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Am I the only one here who thinks Zekrom looks some kind of Palkia mashup...?

LegendaryPichu
May 28th, 2010, 12:40 PM
They look like robots, well Zekrom at least.

Mr.Crowley
May 28th, 2010, 12:45 PM
The art for the white Legendary has horrible center of gravity complex, it's leaning forward unnaturally (artistic eye). Besides that, I like how the colors are opposites for Legends (Black has a White Legendary etc etc)

Doesn't the Black Legendary look a bit too much like a darker Palkia? I think so.

MegaSlowBro.
May 28th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Wow. I'm definetly going with Zekrom xD Even though I have a feeling he'll be slow (which I hope not).

@Usagi-chan~ Don't you mean Spring 2011?

Blue
May 28th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Well, according to the Japanese website, a surprising piece of information has surfaced,

The Generation V Legendarys!

http://www.pokestation.net/images/bw_boxart.png

Their names are Reshiram (レシラム) and Zekrom (ゼクロム).

Also, a release date has been confirmed, US & Europe Spring 2011, Japan September 2010, so do you think it will follow the same pattern as Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver? - US & Europe, March? Possibly, also what do you think of the new legenderys?

http://www.pokestation.net/images/legendaries.png (http://www.pokestation.net/images/legendaries.png)

(http://www.pokestation.net/images/legendaries.png)

lx_theo
May 28th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Does this basically confirm Light type? Because it seems like that to me.

I think they both look cool. Reshiram looks more dragony (which I like), but Zekrom looks like it has the cooler overall design other than that.

Ash
May 28th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Both of 'em look pretty awesome. However, I think I might go with Reshiram. xD I kind of hope that they aren't Dragon, as the legendaries of the last Generation were Dragon. :U

RedBaron474
May 28th, 2010, 01:05 PM
These legendaries are awesome. They are definitely a lot more "epic," if you know what I mean. It's the same reaction I felt when I saw Dailga and Palkia for the first time: legendary Pokemon are starting to look less and less cuddly. And that is only a good thing. :D

EDIT: HOLY BALLS! Did they reveal something to the US/Western countries before they revealed it in Japan??? WOW. Check out the (english) Pokemon.com (http://www.pokemon.com/blackwhite/en/).

Yes, they might be "epic", but they are not pokemon in my book. They don't even look like pokemon. I would expect to see creatures like this in Digimon or Yugioh (neither of which I'm personally not to fond of). Well that's just my opinion. I'm glad you guys like them though.

Haza
May 28th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Zekrom looks similar to Palkia but not too much... haha, here I go moving too fast. I'm ready to see the third installment.

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 01:08 PM
It's possible that they could introduce the Light-type, of course, but you have to remember that the Dark and Steel-types weren't introduced in Gen II as a means of expanding the game, they were created to counteract the way overpowered Psyhic-type in Gen I.

But what type would counter light? Dark? Couldn't psychic sort of be considered light type already?

LethalTexture
May 28th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Yes, they might be "epic", but they are not pokemon in my book. They don't even look like pokemon. I would expect to see creatures like this in Digimon or Yugioh (neither of which I'm personally not to fond of). Well that's just my opinion. I'm glad you guys like them though.

What defines what Pokémon have to look like, may I ask?

Mana
May 28th, 2010, 01:10 PM
I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet.

But the black one is much more mechanised vs the ancient-looking white one.

Perhaps this is hinting that the storyline has something to do with the modernised cities vs the more 'usual' Pokemon cities. Old vs New.

Personally I'm not keen on either of them yet, but I'll wait until I find out their typings before judging too much.

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 01:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxH8eyCS2lQ

Surprisingly none of you have watched the new gameplay. Other than me lol.

I was going to try to find that video earlier on the pokemon site but was too lazy to go to it. I like the gameplay and the music isn't that bad either. I love how Hiun is a lot more compact than the 'cities' we've had before too. Well that's off-topic but anyways I was hoping for a gameply with Zekrom and Reshiram...but I guess we'll have to wait for the games to come out in Japan to see that.

Sora's Nobody
May 28th, 2010, 01:13 PM

EDIT: On topic though, I love them both!!! x3 not 2010, 2011

You had me all excited for a moment -.-

Lexxy
May 28th, 2010, 01:14 PM
I really like the White one, which is good since I wanted to get Pokemon White anyway.

I feel like..they look a lot like Digimon though..is it just me?

Åzurε
May 28th, 2010, 01:14 PM
You know, I could see them going with black hole/white hole for the whole big plot thing. Zek's tail kinda looks like a vortex, while Reshi's tail looks more like it's, uh, blowing something out (Did I just say that?). But you can see what I mean, right?

You know what else Zekron reminds me of? The Giant of Babil from FFIV DS.

So, a chocolate-covered Palkia/Groudon/Slowbro/Babil.

EDIT: that's a chocolate-covered Palkia/Groudon/Slowbro/Babil that will pierce the heavens. Thanks, Dominus. ;)

Dominus Temporis
May 28th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Oh my. Just... oh my.

I agree that Light as a type suddenly seems a greater possibility. I've always believed that if they were to add a new type, Light would be first (followed by Sound, though that's another story). I never thought they really actually might make new types, though...

I'm pleased that they're switching up the mascot-by-color thing, too. I wonder if there's a plot reason- not everything is always black or white? Sometimes there's... shades of grey? Hmm...

I'm still getting Black first, but I certainly hope they'll both be available in the game at some point. I'd rather not wait for the third version to get both of them. Also, I'm wondering what they'll represent? Light and dark? Good and evil? Life and death? I'm kind of leaning toward the last one there, Zekrom just sounds a bit like a death-ish kind of name to me. I'm pleased with these guys regardless.

And my first thought wasn't jet turbine tail... I saw Zekrom and thought "GIGA DRILL BREAKER!"

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 01:16 PM
What the f------------------?

Oh well, now it definitely seems racist. Why does the 'White' version get the badass Pokemon? XD

Regardless, here is a conversation that I recorded.

Guy 1: So yeah, Pokemon is lyk so gay, right?
Me: You really should check out the legendaries of the new Generation.
Guy 2: MEWTWO is so BADASS, that he will beat anything ever made, by Nintendo, Game Freak, or that guy who coined "nine-thousand."
Me: *shows them legendaries*
Both: O.O

But Reshiram is awesome too! u forget white version may have Zekrom (awesome) but Zekrom is completely black..so that's a counter to your 'racist' :D

Haza
May 28th, 2010, 01:16 PM
But what type would counter light? Dark? Couldn't psychic sort of be considered light type already?

But Light would also be Super Effective on Dark, a Yin Yang effect if you will. Anyway I have a theory, and it somewhat involves there being a Light-Type... Reshiram is white, and looks more angelic and pure and ancient whilst Zekrom looks more Modernized, sinister and almost constructed. Could it be based on what is pure (Light-Type) and what is destroying our world, modernization and industrialization (Dark-Type). I don't know, I'm starting to have a clearer picture of what I expect it to be like.

Aureol
May 28th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Wow, this is really something. Take how much disappointment I had with the starters, then that's how much I approve of these. 8.5/10 :)

P.S. Please don't make this another annoying "Let's add moar typez!" thread...

RedBaron474
May 28th, 2010, 01:20 PM
You can't really define it. The new legendaries just don't have the same feel as did the originals and a few gens after that. I just can't see a Zubat (for example) and something like Zekrom or Reshiram in the same game.

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 01:20 PM
But Light would also be Super Effective on Dark, a Yin Yang effect if you will. Anyway I have a theory, and it somewhat involves there being a Light-Type... Reshiram is white, and looks more angelic and pure and ancient whilst Zekrom looks more Modernized, sinister and almost constructed. Could it be based on what is pure (Light-Type) and what is destroying our world, modernization and industrialization (Dark-Type). I don't know, I'm starting to have a clearer picture of what I expect it to be like.

My good sir, are you suggesting that James Cameron had some influence in these games? o.O?

I like the idea, it could go well with the story. What is ancient vs. what is modernized. Hmm, with this thought maybe the new team could actually be good for once? Say it appears as if they are bad at first but really they're just trying to balance yin and yang again after human advancement has misplaced and damaged what was old...Though if Zekrom stood for modernization and in the story we were fighting to stop modernization from destroying the balance of Isshu's eco-system then would that make Zekrom....the bad guy?

Wow, this is really something. Take how much disappointment I had with the starters, then that's how much I approve of these. 8.5/10 :)

P.S. Please don't make this another annoying "Let's add moar typez!" thread...

lol...too late :D you should look back a few pages

Astinus
May 28th, 2010, 01:21 PM
That's what others have said before whenever a Light-type was considered. The Dark-type already beats the Psychic-type.

As for the Legendaries themselves, I'm already liking Zekrom. The instant I saw it, my decision to buy the White version first was sealed. It looks like an amazing Pokemon. Right now, I don't care what type it is (though Dark/Dragon gets a "yes please!" from me). It just looks great.

Reshiram will take some time for me to get used to, but the design isn't too horrible. (Except for one part that I could point out. Harhar.) It fits as Zekrom's counterpart in looks, and soon we'll learn in what other ways the two are connected, and what part they have in the story. Plus what the story is about.

And I like the fact even more that the Legendaries don't even match the games they're the mascots for. It sets them apart from what came before in another way.

Dominus Temporis
May 28th, 2010, 01:23 PM
What defines what Pokémon have to look like, may I ask?
I agree. They're drawn by Ken Sugimori, in his own style, for the Pokemon series. They're Pokemon, there's really nothing else to it.

(why do people complain about Digimon so? Is the fandom still jealous it had the better anime...?)

Haza
May 28th, 2010, 01:26 PM
My good sir, are you suggesting that James Cameron had some influence in these games? o.O?

I like the idea, it could go well with the story. What is ancient vs. what is modernized. Hmm, with this thought maybe the new team could actually be good for once? Say it appears as if they are bad at first but really they're just trying to balance yin and yang again after human advancement has misplaced and damaged what was old...Though if Zekrom stood for modernization and in the story we were fighting to stop modernization from destroying the balance of Isshu's eco-system then would that make Zekrom....the bad guy?

Haha, seriously, I never even thought about Avatar but most media draw parallels to others... but yes, the teams don't necessarily have to be evil in this case, just fighting for what they believe is a better way to live.

Left4Dead
May 28th, 2010, 01:27 PM
I was already going to get Pokemon Black and after seeing this I'm glad I chose it! These two beasts look awesome! I may just have to get white as well :O

RedBaron474
May 28th, 2010, 01:28 PM
I agree. They're drawn by Ken Sugimori, in his own style, for the Pokemon series. They're Pokemon, there's really nothing else to it.

(why do people complain about Digimon so? Is the fandom still jealous it had the better anime...?)

They may be drawn by Ken Sugimori but that does not mean that his style may change over years, over generations of games.

Oh, and why do people complain about digimon? I'm really not complaining about digimon. I just don't enjoy seeing digimon-like creatures (in my opinion of course) in a pokemon game. Do you understand?

KejiBebi
May 28th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Oh thats too awesome! :D
I love the white one, its absolutely gorgeous!
I'll definitely be buying that one when they are released.
I can't believe they are making new games, I haven't heard of this at all.
I can't wait for it! So exciting!

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 01:29 PM
That's what others have said before whenever a Light-type was considered. The Dark-type already beats the Psychic-type.

As for the Legendaries themselves, I'm already liking Zekrom. The instant I saw it, my decision to buy the White version first was sealed. It looks like an amazing Pokemon. Right now, I don't care what type it is (though Dark/Dragon gets a "yes please!" from me). It just looks great.

Reshiram will take some time for me to get used to, but the design isn't too horrible. (Except for one part that I could point out. Harhar.) It fits as Zekrom's counterpart in looks, and soon we'll learn in what other ways the two are connected, and what part they have in the story. Plus what the story is about.

And I like the fact even more that the Legendaries don't even match the games they're the mascots for. It sets them apart from what came before in another way.

I agree, because at first I thought Zekrom was on black (and I had planned to get black before the legendaries were revealed) but then once I found out I'd be getting Reshiram I was.......O_O O_O.....but now I love Reshiram just as much if not more. The switches on them is a break-away from usual, and I have a feeling that this will further strengthen us having a ying-yang story going on.

I would love a light-type, and was just wondering who'd defeat it. Another poster (Haza..I think) said that light could be dark and dark could beat light. I figured that would work or it could be like a quardruple circle going on: ghost-psychic-light-dark

jon328
May 28th, 2010, 01:30 PM
wow i do not like the black one at all! im gettin white.

Haza
May 28th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Haha, when I first saw Groudon and Kyogre I thought they were more suitable for Digimon than Pokemon, and the same with Dialga and Palkia. I'm quite use to it now.

Åzurε
May 28th, 2010, 01:33 PM
wow i do not like the black one at all! im gettin white.

Objection! The black one's on White and the white one's on Black. Just a bit of clarification.

Esper
May 28th, 2010, 01:34 PM

The technology vs. tradition idea has been around since the Industrial Revolution so I wouldn't credit Mr. Cameron with anything here if it turns out to be a theme in these games, which I'm more hopeful of now that we've seen that one of our legendaries does look a bit futuristic.

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Haha, seriously, I never even thought about Avatar but most media draw parallels to others... but yes, the teams don't necessarily have to be evil in this case, just fighting for what they believe is a better way to live.

which would make this the best gen storyline ever.

Objection! The black one's on White and the white one's on Black.

Yeah I think some people are getting confused with that....I know I was at first. How about we refer to it for now on as white on black (Reshiram) and black on white (zekrom)? :D

Example:

Random PC user: I hate Reshiram! I'm getting BOW.
Other PC user: Reshiram is tight WOB here I come!

RedBaron474
May 28th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Haha, when I first saw Groudon and Kyogre I thought they were more suitable for Digimon than Pokemon, and the same with Dialga and Palkia. I'm quite use to it now.

Well i don't know about that, but I probably will eventually get used to it.

Haza
May 28th, 2010, 01:37 PM
I know. It would bring Pokemon back to where it began, as in actually have meaning and lessons to teach children. I'm sorry, I really feel this topic with the whole oil spill ordeal going on. This would be epic.

Åzurε
May 28th, 2010, 01:38 PM
[COLOR=royalblue]Yeah I think some people are getting confused with that....I know I was at first. How about we refer to it for now on as white on black (Reshiram) and black on white (zekrom)? :D

Example:

Random PC user: I hate Reshiram! I'm getting BOW.
Other PC user: Reshiram is tight WOB here I come!

Seconded. The gen name is BW, but individually, there will be BoW for Zekron's, and WoB for Reshiram's.

Also, Zekron - Z and k + N and c = Necron. o_O

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 01:43 PM
I know. It would bring Pokemon back to where it began, as in actually have meaning and lessons to teach children. I'm sorry, I really feel this topic with the whole oil spill ordeal going on. This would be epic.

You know there was a study a few weeks ago that said kids are more intested in playing video games than saving the environment D8. Black and White could change that though! Make saving the environment fun...well unless they throw their plastic cases into the trash bin when they got home...xD

Yingxue
May 28th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Zekrom looks like such a BAMF. Reshiram looks kind of like an airplane. (it also sounds like some kind of Pakistani holiday or something lol)

RESHIRAM REPORTED FOR TAKEOFF.

lol

But seriously, I like Zekrom. So cool looking.

MistahDude
May 28th, 2010, 01:49 PM
No doubt they are Yin and Yang

Rapide
May 28th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Lol. The black one does look like Palkia.
I wonder what type(s) they will be.

They look awesome.

Kirbychu
May 28th, 2010, 01:57 PM
I always get the first version of each generation (Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond). Why is that ugly white thing the mascot of Black? Looks like I'm going for the second version this time. I'm going to get White now.

...What the heck is coming out between the white one's legs? ._.

Esper
May 28th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Seconded. The gen name is BW, but individually, there will be BoW for Zekron's, and WoB for Reshiram's.

Also, Zekron - Z and k + N and c = Necron. o_O
It's Zekrom. And if anything it's the 'krom' that'll have meaning since クロム (from ゼクロム) means 'chrome'.

Åzurε
May 28th, 2010, 02:03 PM
It's Zekrom. And if anything it's the 'krom' that'll have meaning since クロム (from ゼクロム) means 'chrome'.

Feh, you're right. It worked in my head, regardless.

Peeeka Chooo
May 28th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I really like the White one, which is good since I wanted to get Pokemon White anyway.

I feel like..they look a lot like Digimon though..is it just me?

It's quite strange, and I was wondering if any of you found this weird, but, the White one is actually the mascot of Pokemon Black, and the black one is the mascot of Pokemon White (according to serebii) ;p Any of you notice this / find it weird ?

Also, I agree with you guys ! I think the black one looks very mechanic, and I believe it represents industrialization. With all the cars/trucks/roads/traintracks seen in pre-released pictures, I think the whole idea of industrializationvs.modernization could fit pretty well into the storyline. In my mind, I see the White one residing in this, densely forested, rural, mystic and ancient part of Isshu, and the black one residing in the urban side of the region. And due to its link with modernization, it could be ELEC type ;D It COULD .

~Wind~
May 28th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Yay for the white one! it resembles a wolf!
therefore: I <3 it!

Wind

Haza
May 28th, 2010, 02:14 PM
I'm so happy everyone agrees with my Industrialization vs. Naturalism idea... I think it could bring a lot of positive focus back onto the Pokemon franchise as well.

dieter57
May 28th, 2010, 02:14 PM
i'm just a little disappointed.
i was hoping for legends that weren't dragons.
it seems that after R/S every mascot legend was dragon/somthing. (except remakes of games)
i love dragon type pokemon to death but enogh is enough when it comes to legendarys.

Zeta Patchouli
May 28th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Zekron- O.O ... Awesome.
Reshiram- T.T ... Really Awesome, it blinds me with its beauty.

So yeah, I like these pokemon, a lot. Just have to wait on the typing, but I do like their designs a lot.

And if the typing for Zekron is better, then I'm getting White. If Reshiram's typing is better, then I'm getting Black. Either way, I'll probably end up getting both. And they're both awesome.

Haza
May 28th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Also, did anyone else notice another church like building in Hiun City in the new footage we got today?

Peeeka Chooo
May 28th, 2010, 02:20 PM
i'm just a little disappointed.
i was hoping for legends that weren't dragons.
it seems that after R/S every mascot legend was dragon/somthing. (except remakes of games)
i love dragon type pokemon to death but enogh is enough when it comes to legendarys.

LOL ? After R/S ? So basically the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum games . That's only 3 mascot legendaries, all the rest weren't dragons . You're tired of dragon legendaries after only 3 of them ?

Aureol
May 28th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I'm not so sure I'd like it if Pokemon started being political like that. I like my entertainment propaganda-free, thank you. Not that I'm against saving the environment or anything; it's just really annoying having these messages shoved in your face. I indulge in entertainment to entertain myself for goodness' sake, not to educate myself in global issues.

A Pixy
May 28th, 2010, 02:24 PM
OH.

MY.

GAWD.

THEY LOOK AWESOME. TRULY AND UNDENIABLY AWESOME! :D

dieter57
May 28th, 2010, 02:24 PM
on the subject of digimon vs pokemon i always wanted agumon to be a pokemon. but that is WAY off topic.

anyway, they do look alot more scary then mew and mewtwo. but then again shaymin and giratina are in the same game. one looks like the devil while the other is cute and cuddly. so, it stands to reason that there will be a cute adorable minor legend that will be unbelivibly strong!

Hydrath
May 28th, 2010, 02:28 PM
White one looks horrible. The black one is decent-ish. they also remind me of digimon.. and Reshiram looks like he has some male parts down there :\

dieter57
May 28th, 2010, 02:30 PM
LOL ? After R/S ? So basically the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum games . That's only 3 mascot legendaries, all the rest weren't dragons . You're tired of dragon legendaries after only 3 of them ?
you forget EMERALD my dear friend. not to mention latias and latios.
and i'm not tired of them i think there awesome! i have an entire party of dragons in my party as we speak i think0.o. but i do like them. i just think the next gen shouldn't have dragon mascot legends.

A Pixy
May 28th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Now I wonder what they'll be called.

The...

Colour Trio? :D

Kirbychu
May 28th, 2010, 02:35 PM
I always get the first version of each generation (Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond). Why is that ugly white thing the mascot of Black? Looks like I'm going for the second version this time. I'm going to get White now.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
I was right about the black mascot being White and the White mascot being black,lol, I'm so happy that my prediction was right! I'm getting Pokemon white... So the black one is mine!!!...It reminds me of palkia...especially in the bottom...

Haza
I'm not so sure I'd like it if Pokemon started being political like that. I like my entertainment propaganda-free, thank you. Not that I'm against saving the environment or anything; it's just really annoying having these messages shoved in your face. I indulge in entertainment to entertain myself for goodness' sake, not to educate myself in global issues.

Haha, you're right, but since I am Illuminati (LOL) I have a thing for controlling the way the children of the world think, and I figured since these titles ARE Black and White, it would be the perfect time to start doing it through Pokemon :P

Peeeka Chooo
and i'm not tired of them i think there awesome! i have an entire party of dragons in my party as we speak i think0.o. but i do like them. i just think the next gen shouldn't have dragon mascot legends.

Latios and Latias aren't mascot legends o-o

& @ Aureol, are you kidding ? A major part of Pokemon's success is its ability to connect the Pokemon world with our world . It has many of the same issues in its games, movies, shows etc . For example, in Diamond/Pearl, Cyrus has some dislike for society and the world we live in, and wishes to create another universe for himself to rule . This demonstrates how our society has changed and how it is now . Also, in Pokemon 4Ever (the one with Celebi), I believe it talks alot about pollution and the problem with that .

Cyberglass
May 28th, 2010, 02:36 PM
These are undeniably my favorite legends since Mewtwo (although Lugia comes close). I can see them being Light/Ghost and Dark/Steel types.

I hope the storyline really plays off of the Nature vs. Machinery aspect of these; that would add a lot of depth, and it is actually a common theme in Japan (just look at any Miyazaki movie). I also hope the backstory of the legends makes them angel/demon counterparts of each other in Arceus' domain.

gamings
May 28th, 2010, 02:37 PM
at least we know there is a possibility of a new type coming out ^^. im still getting white cause the legendary looks cooler =p

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
May 28th, 2010, 02:41 PM
at least we know there is a possibility of a new type coming out ^^. im still getting white cause the legendary looks cooler =pMe too ^^! The two legendaries remind me of Lugia...and Palkia... the wings are in the Pokemon Black Mascot, the Body of Palkia is in the Pokemon White mascot...and they are both bipedal... I think the Light type is a huge possibility now that I have seen the Pokemon Black mascot!

dieter57
May 28th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Latios and Latias aren't mascot legends o-o

never said they were. i was referring to them in a general term. and i like them. i just don't wan see dragon types being the mascot choice from now on. give a different type a chance. like poison, or fighting. some under loved types.

Bluerang1
May 28th, 2010, 02:46 PM
They SUCK! In a good way. Zeckrom looks cool. They could be Bugs. But definitely Psychic and Dark. Too much like Palkia both of them are :(

EDIT: Reshiram looks like a Bird so I'm guessing: Flying/Psychic while Dark/Steel or Dark/Dragon for Zeckrom. I might choose with now, both name, in English as well :o, are cool, but I prefer Zeckrom, it's design as well.

Haza
May 28th, 2010, 02:47 PM
I don't mind the Dragon theme going on since the legends are always good but I'm hoping for something different next gen (in Pokemon Amber & Jade)

Haza
May 28th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Ugh, the more you look at them the less they resemble anything before them.

Elise
May 28th, 2010, 02:51 PM
It's quite strange, and I was wondering if any of you found this weird, but, the White one is actually the mascot of Pokemon Black, and the black one is the mascot of Pokemon White (according to serebii) ;p Any of you notice this / find it weird ?

Actually, I think this is quite a cool part of the design, I think it was mentioned above how it would probably look odd to have a black on black, or white on white pokie. I think they were right, it's almost like yin and yang, balancing each other out, eh? :)

FlameBlazeFury
May 28th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Well The Black one is Freaking Awesome!The White one eh its ok i still going to get pokemon black first than maybe the next day i get white like i did with Heartgold and Soulsilver.
But to compare them the white one is nothing to the black one to me!

dieter57
May 28th, 2010, 02:52 PM
@ Haza: right. give another type a chance to shine. but who knows if they even are dragon type to begin with. zekrom looks like he just be dark steel. and resirem looks like he could be (please let light be a new type, please) light ghost.

Esmas
May 28th, 2010, 02:54 PM
I like them. They're not too complicated like the last legendaries (Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, etc.), and they're not too simple like, erm...Ditto. I'm starting to doubt the apparent "Light-type," as Reshiram looks more like Normal/Flying to me, while Zekrom looks Dark/Flying. And I just noticed the thing coming out of Reshiram's legs XD;

Oh, and another thing...they remind me of Digimon .___.

Logiedan
May 28th, 2010, 02:59 PM
They're really bada**. I also agree with Esmas,they both kinda look like Yu-Gi-Oh or Digimon. I wonder what their concepts are on. D;

Bluerang1
May 28th, 2010, 03:01 PM
It's an Angel and Gargoyle! So Flying/Psychic and Rock/Dark

I'm not very fond of them as they seem familiar. But Zeckrom suits it SO well :D

From other thread, I didn't see this longer one first :P:
They SUCK! In a good way. Zeckrom looks cool. They could be Bugs. But definitely Psychic and Dark. Too much like Palkia both of them are

EDIT: Reshiram looks like a Bird so I'm guessing: Flying/Psychic while Dark/Steel or Dark/Dragon for Zeckrom. I might choose with now, both name, in English as well :o, are cool, but I prefer Zeckrom, it's design as well.

MartinJF
May 28th, 2010, 03:13 PM
I Think most other legendaries look like other pokemon, just bigger, with a bit more special look. Like Celebi or Groudon or Even Dialga. These ones look... A bit different. They Are uber cool though.

musesum626
May 28th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Wow, when I saw this thread I thought, "I should've been checking for updates the past few days" since I saw it had a lot of pages. Then I saw they were revealed today :P I guess 7 pages is expected after this was revealed 6 or so hours ago.

They look amazing! I'm glad they don't look as "cartoonish" as past legendaries (the past ones look really cool too, it's just that this makes me think they're definitely appealing to older gamers now) Even with the legendaries revealed I still can't choose between Black and White since they're both well-designed. BTW Peeeka Chooo said Zekrom is white's mascot and vice-versa, and that's what Serebii says o_0 I guess they're going with the whole yin-yang thing so that it's half black/half white in both versions. Also did anyone else think that Reshiram in some ways looks like a white Zoroark?

Neiko Star
May 28th, 2010, 03:25 PM
...Am I the only one who doesn't like them? >.>

cantpickagoodname
May 28th, 2010, 03:27 PM
This is ridicolous. Pokemon is getting way out of hand and starting to shy away from the original formula. Lame.

PokéToast
May 28th, 2010, 03:34 PM
...Am I the only one who doesn't like them? >.>

I hate them.
I hate how all the legendaries are big, powerful robot-looking machines. I know, I know, Mewtwo was a hybrid, but Mewtwo was epic.

These ones are just... meh. I'll wait to see what the rest of the 20 legendaries that'll probably be in the game will look like. If I don't like them, I'll catch them and then just release them into the wild. xD

I just miss the more natural-ish legends, the ones that look like they have a tie with the well being of the Earth, not ones that look like super crazy robots that weeaboos in Kansas made. :P

Wolfwhispers
May 28th, 2010, 03:36 PM
I like the body structure, but what's up with their tails? Also, the white one's feet look like rip off's of Palkia. :/ Still, that's the only thing I can really complain about, they do look cool, and they give off the impression of some sort of wind element, so maybe something there...?

Looks like I'm going to have to switch getting black to white because the black pokemon looks way cooler.

Angelroid
May 28th, 2010, 03:42 PM
They are really awesome legendaries. imo

Bluerang1
May 28th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Please don't tell me that these are the "June 6th" revelations. As they came to early and I want more Pokémon!!!

Tater Tot
May 28th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Getting Black version, definitely. The White legendary looks it's gonna be the crappiest legendary ever. XD

Crysta Blade
May 28th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Please don't tell me that these are the "June 6th" revelations. As they came to early and I want more Pokémon!!!

I can't imagine we'd get much information on either legend anyway. They never told us about Dialga/Palkia's Types and Abilities until after the game came out. Maybe we'll get lucky and another Pokémon or two will be shown next month.

Bluerang1
May 28th, 2010, 04:07 PM
^Yeah hopefully.

Since they've done Psychic/Flying with Lugia. I've changed my predictions again:
Reshiram: Flying/Dragon
Zeckram: Rock/Dragon

Zeckram is definitely Rock, it's a Gargoyle. And Reshiram is Flying as it's an Angel :)

EDIT: Scratch that xD Zeckram has some sort of exhaust as it's tail, meaning Steel. Maybe a Dark/Steel? To go with Mawile's evo xD

The exhaust ties in with the Industrial idea of some. I think Zeckram's man-made. That is an engine on it's tail. Or, it could be what gave humans the Industrial idea. And Reshiram could be Electricity? I need to sleep and wake up with fresh ideas :P

Zoroark-Nightmare
May 28th, 2010, 04:13 PM
whoa! Zekrom is sooo cool! I agree, it does look a bit like a monochrome palkia. strange, how they look so similar this time though...

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 04:20 PM
It's an Angel and Gargoyle! So Flying/Psychic and Rock/Dark

I'm not very fond of them as they seem familiar. But Zeckrom suits it SO well :D

From other thread, I didn't see this longer one first :P:
They SUCK! In a good way. Zeckrom looks cool. They could be Bugs. But definitely Psychic and Dark. Too much like Palkia both of them are

lol bluerang what's with you and bugs?! haven't you mentioned bug legendaries before? like in the gen 5 speculation thread back in pkmn general?

Guy
May 28th, 2010, 04:23 PM
First thing to come to mind when I saw both Reshiram and Zekrom was "Oh my gosh, these two are hot!" These two legendaries definitely topped Palkia and Dialga in my opinion. Last generation, I could have easily said, Dialga looked a lot cooler than Palkia. In this case, Reshiram and Zekrom look so cool I can't choose. I'm glad I'm getting both versions when they're released, because I honestly would have has to waited until version exclusives were known before I could really choose.

I love the idea that they're doing Zekrom for White and Reshiram for Black. The entire Ying & Yang theory a lot of speculators had in mind, had it right. Plus, with RAM and ROM in the names, I wouldn't be surprised to see this tied into a whole advance technology and naturalism plot for the games.

Putting it shortly, I'm not disappointed.

My ideas on types though are either:

Zekrom
- Dark*/Dragon
Reshiram
- Psychic**/Dragon

* I know some think that Zekrom could be part Rock type because it's possibly based on a Gargoyle, but I think it differently. Though, it's never impossible.
** I have my mind set to the idea that a Light type being introduced is a little too late to happen now, and the chances of it happening is quite slim to none. However, I'm keeping the idea reserved that Reshiram could possible be Light/Dragon.

If they aren't Dragon types, but only look like them (i.e. Charizard, Sceptile) my ideas are:

Zekrom
- Dark/Flying
Reshiram
- Psychic/Flying

Penutz
May 28th, 2010, 04:23 PM
I presume the white one is for pokemon white, hot damn white is mine

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 04:27 PM
^Yeah hopefully.

Since they've done Psychic/Flying with Lugia. I've changed my predictions again:
Reshiram: Flying/Dragon
Zeckram: Rock/Dragon

Zeckram is definitely Rock, it's a Gargoyle. And Reshiram is Flying as it's an Angel :)

EDIT: Scratch that xD Zeckram has some sort of exhaust as it's tail, meaning Steel. Maybe a Dark/Steel? To go with Mawile's evo xD

The exhaust ties in with the Industrial idea of some. I think Zeckram's man-made. That is an engine on it's tail. Or, it could be what gave humans the Industrial idea. And Reshiram could be Electricity? I need to sleep and wake up with fresh ideas :P

Have you seen my posts prediting what types they'd be? Here they are:

The dark should be dark/steel (dark/dragon okay..but not as good). If Zekrom is Dark/steel then I predict it will have higher atk/def Reshiram will more than likely have a higher speed/sp.atk/sp.def if psychic/flying. Basically just like in D&P one will have higher atk/def than the other and the other higher sp.atk/sp.def

Sidenote: Reshiram being psychic/flying would be ideal but for some reason I see psychic/dragon or if lucky a pure flying type or psychic/steel more appealing.
I would love a light-type, and was just wondering who'd defeat it. Another poster (Haza..I think) said that light could be dark and dark could beat light. I figured that would work or it could be like a quardruple circle going on: ghost-psychic-light-dark

Guy
May 28th, 2010, 04:28 PM
I presume the white one is for pokemon white, hot damn white is mine
The white mascot (Reshiram) is said to be the cover for Pokémon Black. The same will be for the black mascot (Zekrom), who will be on the cover of Pokémon White. So, it's likely the games will have it opposite like the idea of Ying and Yang.

PiPVoda
May 28th, 2010, 04:30 PM

I agree. Though we only really had 3 dragon mascots in the last two gens (Palkia, Dialga, and Rayquaza in Emerald) I think that is enough for now. However, I wouldn't mind if they were dragon...I got a feeling that they will be.

Soul.//Silver
May 28th, 2010, 04:36 PM
First thing that came to my mind is "OMG, POKEMON IS TURNING DIGIMON. NOOOOOOOOOOO". Seriously, they really do look like something from the "Digital World"

/Circa
May 28th, 2010, 04:40 PM
They remind me of Digimon.

Hamilton
May 28th, 2010, 04:50 PM
and this is exactly why i shouldn't avoid the forum until pokemon sunday :/
I CHOOSE both.... they both look amazing :)
i'm gonna get black though (even though i like the white on better)

SpawnHyuuga
May 28th, 2010, 04:51 PM
* Well, I for one am either going to get White or I'm going to get Black and then hack it so that Zekrom is in it.

* Zekrom is definetly ftw, even though they do start to look a little like Digimon, honestly in my opinion this is a good thing. Pokemon needs to stop appealing to little brat 6 year olds and give us older fans something fun to toy with. It doesn't have to be "M-rated" but just Pokemon that scream "Bad***" is a great idea.

* They do kind of look like Mecha, all the more reason to love them. <3

@ Dutchess: Wow, you are just oh so full of maturity? Do you care to elaborate and describe your toilet and the things that inhabit it? \sarcasm

On second thought...I jumped too early; everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it would just be nice if it could be a civilized, mature opinion.

Hamilton
May 28th, 2010, 04:57 PM
WAIT
i just noticed...
the white one is going to be the mascot of Pokemon Black and the black one is going to be the mascot of Pokemon White?
so this is Ying-Yang?

Roxas358
May 28th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Personally, I like both of them. I'm gonna do an einey-meiney-miney-mo thing to pick my version.

Hamilton
May 28th, 2010, 05:03 PM
WAIT..... AGAIN
so if this will in fact mean that we are getting Ying Yang, does that mean the white one is Light type?

Roxas358
May 28th, 2010, 05:04 PM
I agree. Though we only really had 3 dragon mascots in the last two gens (Palkia, Dialga, and Rayquaza in Emerald) I think that is enough for now. However, I wouldn't mind if they were dragon...I got a feeling that they will be.

Um...aren't you forgetting Giratina? In Platinum?

SpawnHyuuga
May 28th, 2010, 05:07 PM
I don't see how Pokemon is a ripoff of Digimon? Pokemon came first, right? Digimon is just Pokemon that have taken some 'roids; really....but yeah Agumon should totally be a starter Pokemon.

Heart Gold
May 28th, 2010, 05:13 PM
I think it helps show that your Pokemon are small, yet they can conquer giant beasts.

The Black legendary looks kinda dumb, but the White one looks more Pokemon. It looks really cool.

Benjamin510
May 28th, 2010, 05:15 PM
I don't see how Pokemon is a ripoff of Digimon? Pokemon came first, right? Digimon is just Pokemon that have taken some 'roids; really....but yeah Agumon should totally be a starter Pokemon.

Acoording to my information.... Digimon came first.

Storm_has_formed
May 28th, 2010, 05:18 PM
As long as they aren't dragons, i might actually use them in-game! I dislike dragon-legendaries for unknown reasons(except for Latios and Latias)...

Edit: Im getting black version now. Reshiram FTW!!!

dieter57
May 28th, 2010, 05:19 PM

okay, to clear everything up we had 4 dragon mascots(rayquaza, dialga, palkia, and giratina), plus 2 extra in gen three(latias and latios). 6 dragons plus a possible two more is to many for me. and in a way lugia reminds of a dragon but that is a whole nother conversation.

Gulpin
May 28th, 2010, 05:19 PM
About them not seeming to be a Pokemon:
In the 215th volume of Nintendo Power, (which featured an article about the then upcoming Pokemon Diamond and Pearl) Sugimori said, "I do feel that I always want to show new Pokemon that people have never seen before. To do that, I think of ways that I can surprise the players. That doesn't mean anything goes as long as the idea's new, but I design the new Pokemon so the players can believe that these are different from previous Pokemon, but are still Pokemon. Even if people say these don't look like Pokemon at first, they're designed so that they grow on you. As you look at it, it begins to look more like a Pokemon. They're designed intentionally to look a little awkward at first."

Rei Shingetsu
May 28th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Reshiram just own doesn't she? :D
And aww, now that made some senses - Especially when the new region is high technology'ed :)

Heart Gold
May 28th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Pokemon came before Digimon. Pokemon was inspired by a man in Japan who caught Bugs. He called them Pokemon. Digimon came only a little more than a year later.

Pokemon came out in 1996. Digimon came out in 1997.

Volroc
May 28th, 2010, 05:29 PM
the white one is HIDEOUS

but the black will be dark/dragon, id bet you a million it is :P

i think the white one is normal/flying
maybe pure flying XD

ill probably learn to love the white one

but ive already concluded on gettin pokemon white, the black one has that mewtwo feel to it XD

shuppet88
May 28th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Did anybody notice how the legendaries have become increasingly scary/less cutesy? Mewtwo was a big kangaroo-kitty, the birds were very cartoon-like, Ho-Oh and Lugia again look like big weird birds, and then we start seeing more serious looking legendaries with Groudon and Kyogre. Then Palkia and Dialga look just plain monstrous, and now look at those things. Reshiram and Zekrom really look like legendaries to be feared. I am really loving this.

AvianAzure
May 28th, 2010, 05:39 PM
I actually really DONT like them =/ they just seem.... i don't know how to describe it but they just look.... bleh to me... and too similar to each other...

Storm_has_formed
May 28th, 2010, 05:39 PM
on the subject of digimon vs pokemon i always wanted agumon to be a pokemon. but that is WAY off topic.

I always thought charmander looked like agumon

shuppet88
May 28th, 2010, 05:41 PM
thos look like doo doo and poop in my toilet XD

You have the right to your opinion, but are you really 6 years old? I'm surprised you learned how to type. I never imagined that kids could use computers at such a young age. Anyway, I do agree with you...they are not the prettiest pokemon but they do look very cool.

Cid
May 28th, 2010, 05:42 PM
I guess I'm the only one that thinks the white one looks okay, haha. I bet that thing at the bottom of it wasn't intended, but it sure is making a fuss.
I admit, the black one looks cooler, though.

Both would probably grow on me, since I trust they know how to make Pokemon like that.

I still don't know which one I'm getting, since you shouldn't trust first impressions all the time. You never know, maybe the white one might just kick ass in battle.

dieter57
May 28th, 2010, 05:43 PM
i think they are trying to apeal to an older generation of gamers.
i started with yellow way back when i was like 4? and the older i got i hoped for more bestly pokemon.
i played pokemon in ge three with no idea of rayqauza even excisting and kyogre disapointed me in it's looks but groudon made wana keep playing cause it was imediate pwnage.
so the looking more sinister of pokemon is a plus for me.

p.s. has anyone noticed(he asked sarcasticly) that pokemon means poket monsters??? monsters. thats what they are suposed to be!

Rei Shingetsu
May 28th, 2010, 05:44 PM
They remind me of Digimon.

Aren't you people just SICK AND TIRED of "Oh they're sooo like Digimons" and all the nonsenses? You're just making a nuisances of yourself here.

On topic, I really loved them both though Reshiram owns :D

dieter57
May 28th, 2010, 05:49 PM
yeah lol. but just think of it...

Team Rocket Grunt sent out ZUBAT!

Go! METALGREYMON!

it just screams absolute BEASTLY WIN!!!!

Rei Shingetsu
May 28th, 2010, 05:54 PM

Nays.
Pokemon came first.
I know Pokemon since 7-8 years old?
Digimon was wayyyy later.

Green Charizard
May 28th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Don't think anyone's posted this yet. I dug around on the official site. They've put the box art up too.
http://i47.tinypic.com/4smjaa.png

EDIT: Seems they have on another thread. Quick off the mark you lot~

Storm_has_formed
May 28th, 2010, 06:02 PM
i wanna know why people want a light type so badly. It would make balancing everything again really hard

dieter57
May 28th, 2010, 06:03 PM
they did on a different thread.

dieter57
May 28th, 2010, 06:06 PM
so dark actually has a counterpart. it would have the same weakness's and super effective abilities as dark but dark and light would be regularly effective against each other. but that's just me...

Nintengod
May 28th, 2010, 06:09 PM

wrong, digimon was invented in 1997. Pokemon was official in 1996 but the idea was in development for 5 years.

BIG DIFFERENCE