PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] The Boxart

Bluerang1
May 29th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Well, it's not the best we've seen is it? I mean they are going back to basics, with plain Black and White and all that, but it doesn't seem as eye catching as it's predecessors. What's your take in it?
http://pokebeach.com/news/0510/pokemon-black-white-box-art.gif
I guess Black sort of looks good up close.

Rei Shingetsu
May 29th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Simple and good.
I aren't going to complain about their packaging, the internal and the enjoyment of the game is more important.

Cloudfall
May 29th, 2010, 12:54 AM
As Rilence said, it may be simple but it definitely looks nice.

Also, why do we need to have detailed box art when the cover Pokemon look so detailed already? :3

blueguy
May 29th, 2010, 01:02 AM
I love it. I'm more worried box art for North America, though, considering what they did with the logos for HG/SS. At the very least I would appreciate a grayscale Pokémon logo.

Haza
May 29th, 2010, 01:05 AM
The box art reveals that their are special features for the 3DS!

Penutz
May 29th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Im Confused

White legendary, White Logo, Black Background = What version is it?
Black Legendary, Black Logo, White Background = What Version Is It?

Can someone pm me with answer since i probs wont check this forum again

Patchisou Yutohru
May 29th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Im Confused

White legendary, White Logo, Black Background = What version is it?
Black Legendary, Black Logo, White Background = What Version Is It?

Can someone pm me with answer since i probs wont check this forum again
"Announcing two new Pokémon games—Pokémon™ Black Version and Pokémon White Version—coming to the Nintendo DS™ family of systems in spring 2011! Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version will feature a new generation of amazing Pokémon, and two of these Pokémon have been revealed so far: the Legendary Pokémon Reshiram™ will appear on the cover of Pokémon Black Version and the Legendary Pokémon Zekrom™ will be seen on the cover of Pokémon White Version."

-- Pokemon.com [view here (http://www.pokemon.com/us/news/vg_blackwhite_announce-2010-05-28/)]

PiPVoda
May 29th, 2010, 08:57 AM
I love the simplicity of it. DPPt's boxes were cool but seemed a little..overwhelming (especially Platinum's). Black and Whites stand out and just are....cool..I have no further words to describe the great sensation I get when I look at these boxes :P.

Dillon_68
May 29th, 2010, 09:03 AM
The boxarts = win. They contrast really well with the backgrounds being a different color than the legendaries.

Sora's Nobody
May 29th, 2010, 09:04 AM
The box art reveals that their are special features for the 3DS!NO IT DOSENT! It reveals that there are special fetures for the DSI!

Sora's Nobody
May 29th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Where does it say that?
FILLLLLAAAAARRRGHHHHHH!!!!you can ready why on pokebeach, the reason is because the code on the bottom right of both boxes start with TWL

pokemongarnet
May 29th, 2010, 09:29 AM
unbelievably simple but nice, there getting alot more intriquite with the legendary designs it would seem.

Bloothump
May 29th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Well, I have to say, if I knew nothing of pokemon and was browsing the videogame section in walmart, and I saw this boxart, I would no doubt pick up the box and read the back. The simplicity only draws your eye to the pokemon, and their intricate details are beautious, and really really cool.

Kirbychu
May 29th, 2010, 12:11 PM
The boxart for these games looks sleek and sexy, just like my Wii.

Munch Dog
May 29th, 2010, 12:17 PM
The boxarts are great. I like the simplicity of them.

bustin
May 29th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I think pokemon.com is wrong? Black writing + black legendary = pokemon white?

BakingBluePotatoe
May 29th, 2010, 12:48 PM
It's interesting that Black's legend is White and White's is Black...

it used to be that the legends matched the color their version's name was.

And yes, Reshirom IS the legend of Black, and Zekrom IS the legend of White!

Translated it myself. They're not wrong.

Patchisou Yutohru
May 29th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Yeah, because an official site for a game is going to be wrong about their own game... ugh.

Kanto_Johto
May 29th, 2010, 03:34 PM
I'm going to be totally honest.

It's way better than the D/P/Pt boxart. Simplicity is usually a good thing.

I think pokemon.com is wrong? Black writing + black legendary = pokemon white?......seriously?

May 29th, 2010, 03:41 PM
this is the real boxart for the games?

Masterge77
May 29th, 2010, 03:43 PM
They are kinda bland to me compared to the amazing background detail of HG/SS, but then again, only very little main series game box arts had background detail, just the Sugimori stock art of the mascot plastered on with the Pokemon logo.......

Ayselipera
May 29th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Box art is Box art. I could care less what they put on it. To be honest out of everything about the new games this is probably the thing I care the least about.

Simple is fine. Plus a solid colored box may be a little more eye catching in a store surrounded by fancy covered boxes anyways.

Elise
May 29th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Simple and good.
I aren't going to complain about their packaging, the internal and the enjoyment of the game is more important.

I completely agree. The boxart could say, "These pokemon is good. Play Dem" with a stick figure and I wouldn't care as long as the game inside was good. (Oh sarcasm. I love thee.)

JAK3
May 29th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I like it.
Plain and Simple, just the way it should be, we don't need flashing colors on Box art, it is just a Box, y'know?

vibratingcat
May 29th, 2010, 08:24 PM
i think its awesome. now i feel like getting both of them...
either of them shall look nice on my shelf. XD

xxChazxx
May 29th, 2010, 09:25 PM
I think it looks fine.

Red/Blue still had the best box/cartridge art imo.

derozio
May 29th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Box art is Box art. I could care less what they put on it. To be honest out of everything about the new games this is probably the thing I care the least about.

Simple is fine. Plus a solid colored box may be a little more eye catching in a store surrounded by fancy covered boxes anyways.
^ This. I pretty much agree to it.

Even though I don't care much about the box arts, I gotta agree that they've shown that simplicity can be quite effective at times.

loliwin
May 29th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Woo, it looks very nice! XD

Somehow, simple boxarts are the most eye-catching for me. :O

Guy
June 2nd, 2010, 06:46 AM
The box itself is simple, yet the two mascots, Reshiram and Zekrom are highly detailed. Together, the mi of simplicity and detail does the box art fairly well in my opinion. If I were to see these two games on the shelves along with other various DS games, it'll easily be a standout because of the two solid colors. So, I'm sure it would attract many people to take a look at it; the more they know about it would help too.

What's left me curious is what the English logos will look like. My bets go to them looking like what's on the Official English Pokémon Site (http://www.pokemon.com/blackwhite/en/) though - as far as font goes anyway.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
June 2nd, 2010, 06:55 AM
Simple is always good. I like the Black / White boxart. It feels like Pokémon getting back to its roots. :]

PiPVoda
June 2nd, 2010, 07:35 AM
The box itself is simple, yet the two mascots, Reshiram and Zekrom are highly detailed. Together, the mi of simplicity and detail does the box art fairly well in my opinion. If I were to see these two games on the shelves along with other various DS games, it'll easily be a standout because of the two solid colors. So, I'm sure it would attract many people to take a look at it; the more they know about it would help too.

What's left me curious is what the English logos will look like. My bets go to them looking like what's on the Official English Pokémon Site (http://www.pokemon.com/blackwhite/en/) though - as far as font goes anyway.

Yeah they're probably going to give us the traditional English logo. Not trying to say that it's bad but it's obvious that the Japanese logos are always better and I think the English pkmn logo should be redesigned to match it...since we don't have the English b&w logos I'll compare the JP/Eng logos from D&P:
English:
http://www.ostproject.co.cc/cover/pearl.jpg
Japanese:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f121/skylineking/PokC3A9mon_Pearl_Japanese_Boxart.jpg

Yes the English logo doesn't look that bad...but I like the Japanese b&w logos (mainly b/c they're opposite colors) and imo they should be used for English too.

MistahDude
June 2nd, 2010, 01:48 PM
Well, it's not the best we've seen is it? I mean they are going back to basics, with plain Black and White and all that, but it doesn't seem as eye catching as it's predecessors. What's your take in it?
http://pokebeach.com/news/0510/pokemon-black-white-box-art.gif
I guess Black sort of looks good up close.

The detailed designs of the legendaries go well with the simple design of the of the box.

WiiMann
June 2nd, 2010, 05:55 PM
I have but one word to describe the box and the Legends......GROSS!.....they just don't look like anything game freak would make, almost as if they hired a Digimon artist to do them. I hope that the other Pokemon are more like the starters, more like cartoony (I don't think that's a word but whatever) and like the classics, I really don't want another Sinnoh f*** up.

edguitar
June 2nd, 2010, 08:43 PM
id say it's very eye catching.

560cool.
June 2nd, 2010, 08:49 PM
It looks awesome with reverted colours, and even simpler than DP's boxarts.
IT'S AWESOME, yet simple ! :)

Angelroid
June 2nd, 2010, 10:46 PM
All i can say, Is the box art/game covers are really well done.

locoroco
June 2nd, 2010, 11:17 PM
yeah i love the new legendaries i wonder what role they will play in the world of pokemon

TaylorMcIntire
June 3rd, 2010, 07:46 AM
Very simple and very clean. It looks great.

Magik?!
June 3rd, 2010, 09:28 AM
I think they're going to get tons of fans no matter what, I mean... I highly doubt any pokefans are not going to buy a game because of it's cover. I actually really like those designs anyway, I think they look a lot sleeker than the past ones, perhaps aiming at an older audience?

The contrast looks great and goes along with the whole good/evil thing, so I think it fits well and the legendaries look even better as they're the only detail on the thing.

Darksun
June 3rd, 2010, 09:33 AM
As long as the boxart isn't looking like shizz, I'm happy. And those look pretty good tbh.

fenyx4
June 3rd, 2010, 09:57 AM
The boxart looks almost awesome! I say 'almost' because of how they switched the legendaries; having them represent the version that is opposite the Pokemon's color. Also, I think Black Version's getting shafted, because IMO, White Version has the better logo and the more menacing Legendary Pokemon. :P Nevertheless, both Pokemon and box art are cool.

I really hope that the English box art doesn't get butchered, because the Japanese ones currently pwn. I trust the localization team, though. :)

I'd like the Gen III "_________ Version" black-and-white font to be used on the English ones, particularly because I'm fond of that font in the Pokemon universe. The second-best option would be the Bank Gothic font, recently featured on the HGSS boxart (the font of the word "Version" on the HGSS boxart); that one is actually my favorite font of all time due to its inherent awesomeness. One of the 2 aforementioned font will bring the English boxart closer to epicness (the one on the current English BW site wasn't too bad either. It could work as a third choice...)

The design I would have preferred is the one in Bluerang1's (the OP) current sig, where the black Pokemon is on the white spotlight with a black background, and vice versa. Had that type of design been implemented, the current boxart would be fully awesome. :D Oh well... The switch thing is kind of interesting since it hearkens back to the yin-yang symbol of old, but it seems like a awkward change that has a potential of annoying/confusing many people...

EDIT: Love the detailed-Pokemon-on-top-of-a-simplistic-background concept! Highlights Reshiram and Zecrom better. :)

mew²
June 3rd, 2010, 10:24 PM
I was hoping for something as epic as Platinum's Box Art.
But oh well, looks great in my opinion.

GoldvsRed
June 3rd, 2010, 10:42 PM
...Meh, they could've done much more. They both seem quite stark, but so do the colors black and white in the first place. So, the final verdict is... "Meh".

jbs829
June 4th, 2010, 07:25 AM
why are people so confused about the opposite color pokemon for the version, they are obviously going for a ying/yang theme in these games. its going to be pretty awesome, and the box art looks sick.

Åzurε
June 4th, 2010, 07:44 AM
I like it. The only thing I'd do to it from here is emboss the Pokemon and logo (to emphasize the contrast), and print it out on glossy paper (It doesn't need sparkles, but something to catch the light would be good).
Glossy/embossy!

...Did I actually just type that out loud? Oh well. It would look nice.

poopnoodle
June 4th, 2010, 07:47 AM
real sleek and minimal, more mature and tasteful than previous designs methinks. i like it.

KejiBebi
June 4th, 2010, 09:54 AM
I love simple things so I love these. :3
I'll be getting pokemon black. <3
Reshiram all the way!

Volroc
June 4th, 2010, 04:15 PM
pokemon white i choose you!

dieter57
June 4th, 2010, 04:21 PM
the package doesn't matter to me. it's the game play that i care about.

but.....

i do like the box art:)

Doppelgänger
June 4th, 2010, 05:31 PM
The boxart is fine, nice and simple.

Thunderpunch
June 4th, 2010, 07:40 PM
It looks great. I'll be getting white, for Zekrom

A Pixy
June 6th, 2010, 09:04 AM
I must say, that logo in the Pokeball is odd, but besides that, it's pretty cool. (b")b

The simple, contrasting colours and the checkered effects are all nice on the eyes.

Hiroshi Sotomura
June 7th, 2010, 05:01 AM
It's certainly different from what we've been getting from G/S forward. I like the gloss, the fact there's a new logo (which we haven't had a redesign for since Gen III) and a type inversion (Zekrom in White, Reshiram in Black).

The fact that the inversion is there is probably the odd change here, methinks.

PiPVoda
June 7th, 2010, 06:51 AM
It's certainly different from what we've been getting from G/S forward. I like the gloss, the fact there's a new logo (which we haven't had a redesign for since Gen III) and a type inversion (Zekrom in White, Reshiram in Black).

The fact that the inversion is there is probably the odd change here, methinks.

Are you talking about the English or Japanese logo designs? :\

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
June 7th, 2010, 09:32 AM
I really like the designs. I mean sure, there could have been more background swirls or something, but that could have detracted from the main pokemon, which are in themselves pretty detailed. The contrasting colours are a nice touch, too.

Zeta Patchouli
June 7th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Black and White's boxes are simple, and really, that's all it needed to be. I like the design of the legendaries, and I like the yin-yang thing going on, so I like the boxart.

Hiroshi Sotomura
June 8th, 2010, 03:06 AM
Are you talking about the English or Japanese logo designs? :\
When's the last time the Pokémon logo in English was ever changed?

Peeky Chew
June 8th, 2010, 03:12 AM
When's the last time the Pokémon logo in English was ever changed?They made it a little less saturated at the start of the 3rd generation xD

PiPVoda
June 8th, 2010, 10:07 AM
They made it a little less saturated at the start of the 3rd generation xD

I hope we get a new logo. Nintendo gives Japan the best everything, well almost. :disappoin

Jerme
June 8th, 2010, 10:15 AM
i would have thought the black and white things would be in their respective version names but ah